Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdk9
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase 9
Alias: cyclin-dependent kinase 9, cell division protein kinase 9, cyclin-dependent kinase 9 (CDC2-related kinase)
- Activation of cardiac Cdk9 represses PGC-1 and confers a predisposition to heart failureMotoaki Sano
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
EMBO J 23:3559-69. 2004..Previously, we showed that hypertrophy is accompanied by activation of cyclin T/Cdk9, which phosphorylates the C-terminal domain of the large subunit of RNA polymerase II, stimulating transcription ..
- Protective effect of berberine on antioxidant enzymes and positive transcription elongation factor b expression in diabetic rat liverJi Yin Zhou
Base for Drug Clinical Trial, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, PR China
Fitoterapia 82:184-9. 2011..These results suggest that the effects of berberine on up-regulation of P-TEFb expression, antioxidant and antilipid peroxidation may be related to its protective potential on diabetes...
- Updating the RNA polymerase CTD code: adding gene-specific layersSylvain Egloff
Universite de Toulouse, UPS, Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, F 31000 Toulouse, France
Trends Genet 28:333-41. 2012..As modification of the CTD has a major impact on gene expression, a better understanding of the CTD code is integral to the understanding of how gene expression is regulated...
- Control of transcriptional elongationHojoong Kwak
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853 2703 email
Annu Rev Genet 47:483-508. 2013..We then discuss Pol II elongation through the bodies of genes and the roles of FACT and SPT6, factors that allow Pol II to move through nucleosomes...
- Activation of MyoD-dependent transcription by cdk9/cyclin T2Cristiano Simone
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, PA 19122, USA
Oncogene 21:4137-48. 2002..Unlike the other cdks, cdk9 is not serum- or cell cycle-regulated and is instead involved in the regulation of transcriptional elongation by ..
- P-TEFb is a crucial co-factor for Myc transactivationBarbara Gargano
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Cell Cycle 6:2031-7. 2007..These results indicate that P-TEFb is recruited in vivo to Myc-target promoters and CDK9 activity is an important step for Myc-dependent stimulation of responsive genes.
- Cyclin-dependent kinase-9 is a component of the p300/GATA4 complex required for phenylephrine-induced hypertrophy in cardiomyocytesYoichi Sunagawa
Division of Translational Research, Kyoto Medical Center, National Hospital Organization, 1 1 Mukaihata cho, Fukakusa, Fushimi ku, Kyoto, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:9556-68. 2010..By tandem affinity purification and mass spectrometric analyses, we identified cyclin-dependent kinase-9 (Cdk9) as a novel GATA4-binding partner. Cdk9 also formed a complex with p300 as well as GATA4 and cyclin T1...