Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccne1
Description: cyclin E1
Alias: CYCLE, Ccne, G1/S-specific cyclin-E1, cyclin E
- Up-regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase 4/cyclin D2 expression but down-regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase 2/cyclin E in testicular germ cell tumorsB A Schmidt
Department of Urology, Heinrich Heine University of Duesseldorf, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Cancer Res 61:4214-21. 2001..382; P = 0.00085). CDK2 and its catalytic partner cyclin E were down-regulated in 40% (19 of 47) and 42% (19 of 45) of the tumors, respectively, by a factor of 7 each...
- Different cell cycle regulation of vascular smooth muscle in genetic hypertensionFelix C Tanner
Cardiovascular Research, Physiology Institute, University Zurich Irchel, and the Division of Cardiology, University Hospital, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Hypertension 42:184-8. 2003..Western blot analysis demonstrated that the level of cyclin D, cyclin E, and cyclin A was higher in SHR cells progressing through G1 phase, whereas expression of cyclin-dependent kinase ..
- Cell-cycle inhibition by TNP-470 in an in vivo model of hepatocarcinoma is mediated by a p53 and p21WAF1/CIP1 mechanismJose L Mauriz
Department of Physiology, University of Leon, and the Hospital of León, Spain
Transl Res 149:46-53. 2007..TNP-470 on cell proliferation and effectors of the apoptotic pathway, including p53, p21WAF1/CIP1, cyclin D, and cyclin E. Tumor was induced in male Wistar rats by diethylnitrosamine and promoted by two-thirds hepatectomy plus ..
- Specific overexpression of cyclin E·CDK2 in early preinvasive and primary breast tumors in female ACI rats induced by estrogenS John Weroha
Hormonal Oncogenesis Laboratory, University of Kansas Cancer Center, Kansas, KS 66160, USA
Horm Cancer 1:34-43. 2010..b>Cyclin E·CDK2 positive staining was confined to the large round cells found within focal dysplasias, ductal carcinomas in ..
- Division of labour between Myc and G1 cyclins in cell cycle commitment and pace controlPeng Dong
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Program, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Nat Commun 5:4750. 2014A body of evidence has shown that the control of E2F transcription factor activity is critical for determining cell cycle entry and cell proliferation...
- Cyclin e1 regulates Kv2.1 channel phosphorylation and localization in neuronal ischemiaNiyathi H Shah
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261
J Neurosci 34:4326-31. 2014..These results support a novel role for neuronal cyclin E1 in regulating the phosphorylation status and localization of Kv2.1 channels, a likely component of signaling cascades leading to ischemic preconditioning. ..
- The Pezcoller lecture: cancer cell cycles revisitedC J Sherr
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer Res 60:3689-95. 2000..inhibitors of the Cip/Kip family, complementing the effects of the E2F transcriptional program by facilitating cyclin E-cdk2 activation at the G1-S transition...
- ERK1/2 promotes cigarette smoke-induced rat pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells proliferation and pulmonary vascular remodeling via up-regulating cycline1 expressionMu Qing Yu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 33:315-22. 2013..Our data demonstrated that increased expression of ERK1/2 and cyclinE1 might be involved in the pathogenesis of abnormal rPASMCs proliferation and rat pulmonary vascular remodelling induced by cigarette smoke exposure...
- Drosophila Minus is required for cell proliferation and influences Cyclin E turnoverSébastien Szuplewski
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Genes Dev 23:1998-2003. 2009..Here we present a novel cell cycle regulator, called minus, which influences Cyclin E turnover in Drosophila...
- Mammalian cyclin-dependent kinasesMarcos Malumbres
Molecular Oncology Programme, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
Trends Biochem Sci 30:630-41. 2005..of a family of mammalian heterodimeric serine/threonine kinases that have been implicated in the control of cell-cycle progression, transcription and neuronal function...
- Overexpression of cyclin E/CDK2 complexes overcomes FGF-induced cell cycle arrest in the presence of hypophosphorylated Rb proteinsVictoria Kolupaeva
Department of Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, NY, USA
Cell Cycle 11:2557-66. 2012..In cells overexpressing cyclin D1/CDK4, FGF-induced downregulation of cyclin E/CDK2 activity was absent...
- Synergistic gene expressions of cyclin E, cdk2, cdk5 and E2F-1 during the prolactin-induced G1/S transition in rat Nb2 pre-T lymphoma cellsY Hosokawa
Department of Biochemistry, Mie University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Biochem Mol Biol Int 37:393-9. 1995..The present study demonstrates that the genes of cyclin E, cdk2, cdk5 and the transcriptional factor E2F-1 are expressed during the prolactin (PRL)-induced G1/S transition ..
- Up-regulation of cyclin-E(1) via proline-mTOR pathway is responsible for HGF-mediated G(1)/S progression in the primary culture of rat hepatocytesKiyomasa Oka
Division for Regenerative Drug Discovery, Center for Advanced Science and Innovation, Osaka University, Yamadaoka 2 1, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 435:120-5. 2013..This is the first report to demonstrate the molecular bridge between amino acids and growth factors that drive mitogenic outcomes...
- Modulation of beta-catenin phosphorylation/degradation by cyclin-dependent kinase 2Chun Shik Park
Department of Life Science, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 1 Oryong dong, Puk Gu, Kwangju 500 712, Korea
J Biol Chem 279:19592-9. 2004..Here we demonstrate that cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) in association with cyclin A or cyclin E directly binds to beta-catenin...
- Effects of cyclin D1 overexpression on G1 progression-related eventsM Imoto
Columbia Presbyterian Cancer Center, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Exp Cell Res 236:173-80. 1997..quiescent R6-ccnD1 cells had not only increased levels of the cyclin D1 protein but also increased levels of the cyclin E protein. The latter protein was complexed to phosphorylated cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2)...
- Fibroblast growth factor inhibits chondrocytic growth through induction of p21 and subsequent inactivation of cyclin E-Cdk2T Aikawa
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 276:29347-52. 2001..FGF2 increased p21 expression in RCS cells, which assembled with the cyclin E-Cdk2 complexes, although the expression of neither cyclin E nor Cdk2 increased...
- Integrated profiling of basal and luminal breast cancersJosé Adélaïde
Marseille Cancer Research Center, Department of Molecular Oncology, Institut Paoli Calmettes and UMR599 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Marseille, France
Cancer Res 67:11565-75. 2007..Rare high-level amplifications contained BCL2L2, CCNE, EGFR, FGFR2, IGF1R, NOTCH2, and PIK3CA. Potential gene breaks involved ETV6 and FLT3...
- The human papillomavirus E6 oncogene dysregulates the cell cycle and contributes to cervical carcinogenesis through two independent activitiesAnny Shai
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Cancer Res 67:1626-35. 2007..tumors arising in E6 transgenic mice, we learned that E6 induces expression of the E2F-responsive genes, Mcm7 and cyclin E, in the absence of the E7 oncogene...
- HPV related VIN: highly proliferative and diminished responsiveness to extracellular signalsLindy A M Santegoets
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 121:759-66. 2007..observed differences, we found that VIN appears to be a highly proliferative disease; many cyclins (CCNA, CCNB and CCNE) and almost all prereplication complex proteins are upregulated...
- Differential and combined effects of cardiotrophin-1 and TGF-beta1 on cardiac myofibroblast proliferation and contractionVanja Drobic
Institute of Cardiovascular Science, St Boniface General Hospital Research Centre, Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1053-64. 2007..TGF-beta(1) treatment also increased expression of p27 and decreased expression of cyclin E and Cdk2 in primary cells...
- Cyclin E confers a prognostic value in premenopausal breast cancer patients with tumours exhibiting an infiltrative growth patternP Berglund
Center for Molecular Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Clin Pathol 61:184-91. 2008To investigate the prognostic value of cyclin E in relation to tumour growth pattern by analysing stage II primary breast cancers from premenopausal women not subjected to any further adjuvant treatment...
- Progressive derailment of cell cycle regulators in endometrial carcinogenesisN Horree
Department of Surgical Gynecology and Oncology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Pathol 61:36-42. 2008Derailments of the control mechanisms of the cell cycle can initiate carcinogenesis, and play a role in progression to cancer.
- Impaired hepatic regeneration by ischemic preconditioning in a rat model of small-for-size liver transplantationAiHua Yao
Liver Transplantation Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing, 210029, China
Transpl Immunol 18:37-43. 2007..This study was designed to evaluate the effects of IPC on liver regeneration in small-for-size liver grafts...
- Low-molecular weight forms of cyclin E differentiate ovarian carcinoma from cells of mesothelial origin and are associated with poor survival in ovarian carcinomaBen Davidson
Pathology Clinic, Radiumhospitalet Rikshospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
Cancer 110:1264-71. 2007The authors recently reported on the role of cyclin E in differentiating ovarian/primary peritoneal carcinoma from malignant peritoneal mesothelioma using gene expression arrays...
- Di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate induces apoptosis through peroxisome proliferators-activated receptor-gamma and ERK 1/2 activation in testis of Sprague-Dawley ratsJu Young Ryu
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Pusan, Republic of Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:1296-303. 2007..Results showed that the levels of pRB, cyclin D, CDK2, cyclin E, and CDK4 were significantly lower in rats given 500 and 750 mg/kg/d DEHP, while levels of p21 were significantly ..
- Overexpression of the low molecular weight cyclin E in transgenic mice induces metastatic mammary carcinomas through the disruption of the ARF-p53 pathwaySaid Akli
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 67:7212-22. 2007In tumor cells, cyclin E deregulation results in the appearance of five low molecular weight (LMW) isoforms...
- Elevated cyclin E level in human clear cell renal cell carcinoma: possible causes and consequencesAlicja Nauman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical Center of Postgraduate Education, Warszawa, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 54:595-602. 2007The expression of cyclin E gene (CCNE) in relation to the expression of its major regulatory protein, E2F1, was examined in clear cell renal cell carcinomas (ccRCC)...
- Growth pattern switch of renal cells and expression of cell cycle related proteins at the early stage of diabetic nephropathyYanling Zhang
Department of Nephrology, Third Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050051, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 363:159-64. 2007..b>Cyclin E, CDK(2) and P(27) were found significantly up-regulated in diabetic kidney...
- Hesperetin, a bioflavonoid, inhibits rat aortic vascular smooth muscle cells proliferation by arresting cell cycleYong Ri Jin
Research Institute of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Korea
J Cell Biochem 104:1-14. 2008..inhibited not only phosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein (pRb) and expressions of cyclin A, cyclin D, cyclin E, cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) as well as proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) protein, but also ..
- Association of cyclin D1 and E1 expression with disease progression and biomarkers in patients with nonmuscle-invasive urothelial cell carcinoma of the bladderShahrokh F Shariat
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9110, USA
Urol Oncol 25:468-75. 2007..To determine the association of cyclin D1 and E1 expression with bladder cancer presence, clinical and molecular characteristics, and disease progression in patients with nonmuscle-invasive urothelial cell carcinoma of the bladder...
- The expression of cyclins in neurons of rats after focal cerebral ischemiaBin Chen
Department of Neurology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 28:60-4. 2008..expression of Cyclin D1 and B1 in neurons was notably gradually down-regulated at 7th and 14th day, and that of Cyclin E and A was significantly up-regulated at 14th day after reperfusion as compared with that in control group (all P&..
- The role of cyclins and cyclins inhibitors in the multistep process of HPV-associated cervical carcinomaAbeer A Bahnassy
The Departments of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Natl Canc Inst 18:292-302. 2006..This is possibly achieved through an interaction between HPV oncogenic proteins and some cell cycle regulatory genes. However, the exact pathogenetic mechanisms are not well defined yet.
- Phospholipase C-delta1 expression is linked to proliferation, DNA synthesis, and cyclin E levelsJonathan D Stallings
Department of Clinical Investigation, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
J Biol Chem 283:13992-4001. 2008..The levels of cyclin E, a key regulator of the G1/S transition and DNA synthesis, were elevated in asynchronous cultures as well as ..
- Oltipraz promotion of liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy: The role of PI3-kinase-dependent C/EBPbeta and cyclin E regulationIl Je Cho
Innovative Drug Research Center for Metabolic and Inflammatory Disease, College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, 151 742, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 32:625-35. 2009..The expression of cyclin E and the activity of cyclin E-dependent kinase were both enhanced by oltipraz treatment of PH rats...
- Inhibited activities in CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein, activating protein-1 and cyclins after hepatectomy in rats with thioacetamide-induced liver cirrhosisGang Zhao
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 292:474-81. 2002..AP)-1 and CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP) plays an important role in liver regeneration by modulating cell cycle regulators...
- The proliferative effect of synthetic N-POMC(1-28) peptides in rat adrenal cortex: a possible role for cyclin EPedro O R de Mendonça
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 2415, Sao Paulo 05508 000, SP, Brazil
Mol Cell Endocrinol 336:156-61. 2011..In addition, we examine the cyclin E expression in rat adrenal cortex...
- Differential association of p21Cip1 and p27Kip1 with cyclin E-CDK2 during rat liver regenerationM J Pujol
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Institut d Investigacions Biomédiques August Pi Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 33:266-74. 2000..The aim of this study was to examine the association of p21Cip1 and p27Kip1 with cyclin E-CDK2 and cyclin A-CDK2 complexes during rat liver regeneration and to correlate the association of both ..
- Cyclin G: a new mammalian cyclin with homology to fission yeast Cig1K Tamura
Department of Molecular Genetics, Osaka University, Japan
Oncogene 8:2113-8. 1993..Cig1, a B-type cyclin, of Schizosaccharomyces pombe, which has been suggested to act at the G1/S phase of the cell cycle. Cyclin G mRNA is induced within 3 h after growth stimulation and remains elevated with no apparent cell cycle ..
- Long-term 17alpha-ethinyl estradiol treatment decreases cyclin E and cdk2 expression, reduces cdk2 kinase activity and inhibits S phase entry in regenerating rat liverLena Koroxenidou
Department of Natural Science, Södertörns högskola University College, Box 4101, S 141 89 Huddinge, Sweden
J Hepatol 43:478-84. 2005..To identify the molecular targets of the mitoinhibitory effect of EE, the expression of proteins regulating G(1)- and S-progression were analyzed during the first cell cycle in EE-treated female Wistar rats.
- Overexpression of p21, cyclin E and decreased expression of p27 in DMBA (7, 12-dimethylbenzanthracene)-induced rat ovarian carcinogenesisKi Kwon Kim
Department of Pathology, Dongguk University College of Medicine, Kyongju, South Korea
Pathol Int 53:291-6. 2003..Inactivation of the tumor suppressor gene and deregulation of cyclin E are frequent in human ovarian cancer...
- [Changes in the activity of cyclin-kinase complexes governing cell transition from G1 phase to DNA replication phase in E1A + c-Ha-ras transformants transfected with the bcl-2 gene]A M Neliudova
Institute of Cytology RAS, St Petersburg
Tsitologiia 45:149-57. 2003..Bcl-2 antiproliferative effect in E1A + c-Ha-ras-transformants was not associated with alterations in Cdk2, cyclin E and A contents...
- Mechanisms by which energy restriction inhibits rat mammary carcinogenesis: in vivo effects of corticosterone on cell cycle machinery in mammary carcinomasZongjian Zhu
Cancer Prevention Laboratory, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 111 Shepardson, 1173 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1173, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:1225-31. 2003..Levels of cyclin D1, cyclin E, cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK)-2 and CDK-4 were reduced in carcinomas from corticosterone treated rats; whereas, ..
- Molecular mechanism of progesterone-induced antiproliferation in rat aortic smooth muscle cellsWen Sen Lee
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Taipei Medical University, 250 Wu Hsing Street, Taipei 110, Taiwan
Endocrinology 144:2785-90. 2003..Western blotting analysis revealed that the protein levels of cyclin A, cyclin E, and cyclin-dependent-kinase (CDK) 2 but not cyclin D1 and CDK4 decreased after progesterone treatment, but those ..
- Overexpression of cyclin D1 and cyclin E in 1,2-dimethylhydrazine dihydrochloride-induced rat colon carcinogenesisK Hur
Department of Veterinary Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine and School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Suwon, 441 744, Korea
J Vet Sci 1:121-6. 2000..dihydrochloride (DMH)-induced rat colon carcinogenesis, we studied the expression of cyclin D1 and cyclin E by quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) analysis and immunohistochemistry (IHC)...
- Differential expression of cell cycle regulatory molecules and evidence for a "cyclin switch" during progression of prostate cancerLisette A Maddison
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Prostate 58:335-44. 2004Deregulation of the cell cycle can be viewed as both cause and consequence of cancer...
- Cell proliferation, apoptosis, and expression of cyclin D1 and cyclin E as potential biomarkers in tamoxifen-treated mammary tumorsKonstantin Christov
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 77:253-64. 2003..in proliferating (BrdU-labeled) cells, arrested the cells in G1/0 phase, and differentially decreased the cyclin E and cyclin D1 expression at mRNA and protein levels...
- A centrosomal localization signal in cyclin E required for Cdk2-independent S phase entryYutaka Matsumoto
Howard Hughes Medical Institute HHMI and Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Science 306:885-8. 2004Excess cyclin E-Cdk2 accelerates entry into S phase of the cell cycle and promotes polyploidy, which may contribute to genomic instability in cancer cells...
- Stimulation of a rat uterine stromal cell line in culture reveals a molecular switch for endocrine-dependent differentiationV Rider
Department of Biology, Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Kansas 66762, USA
J Endocrinol 184:119-27. 2005..Comparison of cyclin E/Cdk2 activity between proliferating and differentiating cells showed a 3-fold increase (P< 0...
- D-type cyclins and G1 progression during liver development in the ratJoan M Boylan
Department of Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330:722-30. 2005..In fetal liver, Rb was highly phosphorylated at both cyclin D- and cyclin E-dependent sites...
- Nitrofurazone-induced gene expressions in rat hepatocytes and their modification by N-acetylcysteineKyoko Ito
Safety Research Laboratories, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 1 8 Azusawa 1 chome, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 174 8511, Japan
Exp Toxicol Pathol 56:333-9. 2005..followed by tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), transforming growth factor-alpha (TGF-alpha), c-Ha-ras, and cyclin E. The increases were blocked by concomitant administration of NAC...
- Effect of energy restriction on cell cycle machinery in 1-methyl-1-nitrosourea-induced mammary carcinomas in ratsWeiqin Jiang
Center for Nutrition in the Prevention of Disease, AMC Cancer Research Center, Denver, Colorado 80214, USA
Cancer Res 63:1228-34. 2003..01), and levels of cyclin E were reduced...
- Atypical PKCiota contributes to poor prognosis through loss of apical-basal polarity and cyclin E overexpression in ovarian cancerAstrid M Eder
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, M D Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:12519-24. 2005..model, overexpression of persistently active atypical PKC results in defects in apical-basal polarity, increased Cyclin E protein expression, and increased proliferation...
- The oncogenic activity of cyclin E is not confined to Cdk2 activation alone but relies on several other, distinct functions of the proteinChristoph Geisen
Institut für Zellbiologie Tumorforschung, IFZ, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Virchowstrasse 173, D 45122 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:39909-18. 2002We have previously shown that cyclin E can malignantly transform primary rat embryo fibroblasts in cooperation with constitutively active Ha-Ras...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone causes hyperplasia and impairs regeneration in rat liverKathrin Kopplow
Hormones and Signal Transduction, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Oncol 27:1551-8. 2005..after 3 days of treatment (100 mg/kg body weight per day) as indicated by significantly enhanced expression of cyclin E, PCNA and Ki-67 and an elevated number of mitotic figures...
- Vitamin E deficiency induces liver nuclear factor-kappaB DNA-binding activity and changes in related genesMaría Morante
Universitat de Valencia, Departamentos de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular y Fisiología, Valencia, Spain
Free Radic Res 39:1127-38. 2005..and up-regulated transcription of gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase (gamma-GCSM; gamma-GCSC), cyclin D1 and cyclin E. We also showed down-regulation of p21(Waf1/Cip1) transcription...
- Parallel cyclin E and cyclin A expression in neoplastic lesions of the uterine cervixF Erlandsson
Cancer Center Karolinska, CCK R8 04, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm 17176, Sweden
Br J Cancer 94:1045-50. 2006b>Cyclin E levels are high during late G1 and early S-phase in normal cells. The cyclin E expression over the cell cycle in tumours is not fully known...
- Alcohol linked to enhanced angiogenesis in rat model of choroidal neovascularizationPuran S Bora
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Kentucky Lions Eye Center, University of Louisville, KY, USA
FEBS J 273:1403-14. 2006..The increased accumulation of ethyl esters was associated with a 3.0-fold increased expression of cyclin E and cyclin E/CDK2; however, the level of the cyclin kinase inhibitor, p27Kip, did not change...
- Quantitative analysis of cyclin E and protein p34 cdc2 expression in superficial bladder cancerPiotr Kaczmarek
Department of Pathophysiology and Clinical Immunology, Medical University of Lodz
Pol J Pathol 57:41-4. 2006In the present study, the expression of cyclin E and kinase p34 cdc2 was investigated in preinvasive bladder tumors...
- [Effects of cyclin dependent protein kinase inhibitor olomoucine on the microenvironment of axonal regeneration after spinal cord injury: an experiment with rats]Dai Shi Tian
Department of Neurology, Tongji Hospital Affiliated to Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Sciences and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:901-5. 2006..To investigate the effects of olomoucine, a cyclin dependent protein kinase (CDK) inhibitor, on the microenvironment of axonal regeneration after spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Metformin-induced stimulation of adenosine 5' monophosphate-activated protein kinase (PRKA) impairs progesterone secretion in rat granulosa cellsLucie Tosca
Unite de Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Biol Reprod 75:342-51. 2006Metformin is an anti-diabetic drug commonly used to treat cycle disorders and anovulation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. However, the effects and molecular mechanism of metformin in the ovary are not entirely understood...
- Correlation of cyclin D1 and E1 expression with bladder cancer presence, invasion, progression, and metastasisShahrokh F Shariat
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX 75390 9110, USA
Hum Pathol 37:1568-76. 2006..to determine the correlation of the expression of cyclin D1 and E1 with the expression of commonly altered cell cycle regulators and bladder cancer presence, staging, and clinical outcomes...
- Methylmercury elicits rapid inhibition of cell proliferation in the developing brain and decreases cell cycle regulator, cyclin EKelly Burke
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Neurotoxicology 27:970-81. 2006..At 6h, MeHg decreased by 75% levels of cyclin E, a cell cycle regulator with roles in proliferation and apoptosis, without altering p57, p27, or CDK2 nor levels ..
- Granulosa cell expression of G1/S phase cyclins and cyclin-dependent kinases in PMSG-induced follicle growthJennifer D Cannon
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 264:6-15. 2007..In addition, Cdk 2 protein increased transiently 12-24h after PMSG. Cyclin E expression increased significantly by 12h but remained elevated through 48 h, and multiple isoforms of Cyclin E ..
- P27Kipl deficiency, potential promoter of carcinogenesisKonstantin Christov Tzelkov; Fiscal Year: 2003..P27/Kip1 is a cell cycle suppressor that inhibits cyclin D1-D3/cdk4 and or cyclin E/cdk2 activity in the G1 phase of the cell cycle and thus prevents the G1-S transition and cell-type progression...
- Preventing choroidal neovascularization by long-term transscleral drug deliveryPURAN BORA; Fiscal Year: 2006..For proof-of-concept, we will use a novel, human protein-based therapy that has shown great potential in preliminary animal studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..