Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccl2
Description: C-C motif chemokine ligand 2
Alias: MCP-1, Scya2, Sigje, C-C motif chemokine 2, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2, immediate-early serum-responsive JE protein, immediate-early serum-responsive protein JE, monocyte chemoattractant protein 1, monocyte chemotactic protein 1, small inducible cytokine A2, small inducible gene JE
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Albumin stimulates monocyte chemotactic protein-1 expression in rat embryonic mixed brain cellsCharles Felix Calvo
Chaire de Neuropharmacologie, INSERM U114, College de France, Paris, France
J Neurosci Res 80:707-14. 2005..In the present study, we show that ovalbumin and albumin induce the release of monocyte chemotactic protein 1 (MCP-1/CCL2) from rat embryonic mixed brain cells...
- Angiotensin II and tumor necrosis factor-alpha synergistically promote monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression: roles of NF-kappaB, p38, and reactive oxygen speciesMasao Takahashi
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H2879-88. 2008..These results also suggest that ANG II and TNF-alpha cooperatively stimulate vascular inflammation in vivo as well as in vitro...
- Association of serum MCP-1 concentration and MCP-1 polymorphism with insulin resistance in Japanese individuals with obese type 2 diabetesKunichi Kouyama
Division of Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 53:345-54. 2008Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1, also known as CCL2) secreted by adipocytes is a member of the CC chemokine family and plays a pivotal role in the inflammatory process...
- Signal transduction of MCP-1 expression induced by pancreatitis-associated ascitic fluid in pancreatic acinar cellsLaura Ramudo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
J Cell Mol Med 13:1314-20. 2009..In conclusion, acinar cells were activated by PAAF to produce MCP-1, mainly via NF-kappaB and STAT3 pathways. Both downstream pathways were targeted by Dx and NAC to repress the PAAF-mediated acinar MCP-1 up-regulation...
- MCP-1 antibody treatment enhances damage and impedes repair of the alveolar epithelium in influenza pneumonitisT Narasaraju
Infectious Diseases Program, Department of Microbiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 5 Science Drive 2, Kent Ridge 117597, Singapore
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:732-43. 2010....
- CCL2/MCP-1 modulation of microglial activation and proliferationAra E Hinojosa
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Avenida Complutense s n, Madrid, Spain
J Neuroinflammation 8:77. 2011Monocyte chemoattractant protein (CCL2/MCP-1) is a chemokine that attracts cells involved in the immune/inflammatory response...
- Curcumin inhibits ox-LDL-induced MCP-1 expression by suppressing the p38MAPK and NF-κB pathways in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsYi Zhong
Department of Cardiology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
Inflamm Res 61:61-7. 2012....
- Curcumin supplementation lowers TNF-alpha, IL-6, IL-8, and MCP-1 secretion in high glucose-treated cultured monocytes and blood levels of TNF-alpha, IL-6, MCP-1, glucose, and glycosylated hemoglobin in diabetic ratsSushil K Jain
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 11:241-9. 2009..This suggests that curcumin supplementation can reduce glycemia and the risk of vascular inflammation in diabetes...
- Joint effect of MCP-1 genotype GG and MMP-1 genotype 2G/2G increases the likelihood of developing pulmonary tuberculosis in BCG-vaccinated individualsMalathesha Ganachari
The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8881. 2010..MMP-1 may destabilize granuloma formation and promote tissue damage and disease progression early in the infection. Our findings may foster the development of new and personalized therapeutic approaches targeting MCP-1 and/or MMP-1...
- MCP-1 promotes mural cell recruitment during angiogenesis in the aortic ring modelAlfred C Aplin
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Angiogenesis 13:219-26. 2010..These results implicate MCP-1 as one of the mediators of mural cell recruitment in the aortic ring model, and suggest that chemokine pathways may contribute to the assembly of the vessel wall during the angiogenesis response to injury...
- Hyperglycaemia-induced cardiomyocyte death is mediated via MCP-1 production and induction of a novel zinc-finger protein MCPIPCraig W Younce
Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Central Florida, Bldg 20, Rm 136, Orlando, FL 32816, USA
Cardiovasc Res 87:665-74. 2010..Here we report that high glucose-induced cardiomyocyte death is mediated via monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) production and induction of a novel zinc-finger protein...
- Parathyroid hormone stimulates osteoblastic expression of MCP-1 to recruit and increase the fusion of pre/osteoclastsXin Li
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 282:33098-106. 2007..This information provides a rationale for increased osteoclast activity in the anabolic effects of PTH in addition to receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand stimulation to initiate greater bone remodeling...
- HDL-associated lysosphingolipids inhibit NAD(P)H oxidase-dependent monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 productionMarkus Tölle
Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Medizinische Klinik, Berlin, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1542-8. 2008..Here we investigated the influence of HDL on MCP-1 production in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) and rat aortic explants...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (CCL-2) integrates mechanical and endocrine signals that mediate term and preterm laborOksana Shynlova
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 181:1470-9. 2008....
- The temporal expression, cellular localization, and inhibition of the chemokines MIP-2 and MCP-1 after traumatic brain injury in the ratJonathan K J Rhodes
University of Edinburgh, Department of Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, Scotland
J Neurotrauma 26:507-25. 2009..macrophage inflammatory protein-2 (MIP-2/CXCL2) and the monocyte chemokine monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2) have been described in glial cells in vitro but their origin following TBI has not been established...
- Lysyl oxidase resolves inflammation by reducing monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in abdominal aortic aneurysmMasahiko Onoda
Department of Surgery and Clinical Science, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minami kogushi, Ube, Japan
Atherosclerosis 208:366-9. 2010..These findings suggest that LOX has a novel function in resolving inflammation by reducing MCP-1 in AAA...
- Expression of macrophage inflammatory protein-1α and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in glioma-infiltrating microglia: involvement of ATP and P2X₇ receptorKuan Min Fang
Department of Life Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Neurosci Res 89:199-211. 2011....
- Indoxyl sulfate upregulates renal expression of MCP-1 via production of ROS and activation of NF-κB, p53, ERK, and JNK in proximal tubular cellsHidehisa Shimizu
Department of Advanced Medicine for Uremia, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Life Sci 90:525-30. 2012..The present study examined whether indoxyl sulfate, a uremic toxin, regulates renal expression of MCP-1...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) produced via NF-kappaB signaling pathway mediates migration of amoeboid microglia in the periventricular white matter in hypoxic neonatal ratsY Y Deng
Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Blk MD10, 4 Medical Drive, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Glia 57:604-21. 2009..It is concluded that the preponderance and active migration of AMC, as well as them being the main cellular source of MCP-1, may offer an explanation for the PWM being susceptible to hypoxic damage in neonatal brain...
- Lysophosphatidylcholine stimulates monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene expression in rat aortic smooth muscle cellsJames X Rong
Department of Medicine and The Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:1617-23. 2002..We investigated whether lysophosphatidylcholine (LPC), enriched in oxidized low density lipoprotein, can modulate the expression of MCP-1 in arterial wall cells...
- The monocyte chemotactic protein-1 gene may contribute to hypertension in Dahl salt-sensitive ratsNaomi Yasui
Research Institute, National Cardiovascular Center, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:185-93. 2007..chain reaction (RT-PCR) and Northern blot analysis identified that, while the expression levels of Ccl2 mRNA were not different between the kidneys of DS and LEW rats fed a normal diet, those in DS were 10-fold higher ..
- The 15-deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandin J2 suppresses monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in IFN-gamma-stimulated astrocytes through induction of MAPK phosphatase-1Jee Hoon Lee
Department of Pharmacology, Chronic Inflammatory Disease Research Center, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
J Immunol 181:8642-9. 2008..Considering the importance of MCP-1 in inflammatory processes, our results suggest that 15d-PGJ(2) analogues may have therapeutic potential to attenuate inflammatory brain diseases by inducing MKP-1 expression...
- Impact of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 deficiency on cerebral aneurysm formationTomohiro Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Stroke 40:942-51. 2009..Macrophages accumulate in CA walls and express proinflammatory genes promoting CA progression, but the molecular mechanisms of monocyte/macrophage recruitment into CA walls remain to be elucidated...
- Src-dependent STAT-3-mediated expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is required for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migrationHarihara S K Potula
Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 284:31142-55. 2009..These results show for the first time that 15-LOX1-15(S)-HETE axis plays a major role in vascular wall remodeling after balloon angioplasty...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of angiotensin type 1 receptor antagonist on endotoxin-induced uveitis in ratsAkiko Miyazaki
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:747-57. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the anti-inflammatory effect of a selective AT1 receptor antagonist, losartan, on endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU) and compare the effect on experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis (EAU)...
- Expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and macrophage colony-stimulating factor in normal and inflamed rat testisO Gerdprasert
Monash Institute of Reproduction and Development, Monash University, 27 31 Wright Street, Victoria, Australia
Mol Hum Reprod 8:518-24. 2002..Together with M-CSF, MCP-1 may also play a role in maintaining the resident macrophage population of the normal testis...
- Increased expression of ICAM-1, VCAM-1, MCP-1, and MIP-1 alpha by spinal perivascular macrophages during experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in ratsNils Hofmann
Institut für Anatomie der Universität zu Köln, Germany
BMC Immunol 3:11. 2002..Apart from the poor spatial and optical resolution, no differentiation between the resident SPM (mabs ED1+, ED2+) and the just recruited monocytes/macrophages (mab ED1+) was possible...
- Role of NAD(P)H oxidase in transforming growth factor-beta1-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and interleukin-6 expression in rat renal tubular epithelial cellsHaiyan Zhang
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Nephrology (Carlton) 14:302-10. 2009....
- Sequential evaluation of serum monocyte chemotactic protein 1 among asymptomatic state and acute exacerbation and remission of asthma in childrenChin Kan Chan
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Science, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Asthma 46:225-8. 2009b>Monocyte chemotactic protein 1 (MCP-1) plays an important role in various immune and allergic disorders since it is a potent chemo-attractant for inflammatory cells, such as eosinophils, memory T cells, and monocytes.
- Hypertonicity-induced expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 through a novel cis-acting element and MAPK signaling pathwaysRyoji Kojima
Laboratory of Analytical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Nagoya 468 8503, Japan
J Immunol 184:5253-62. 2010..Furthermore, p38MAPK and MEK-ERK pathways appear to be, at least in part, involved in hypertonic stress-mediated regulation of MCP1 expression through the MCP1-TonE/ORE...
- Therapeutic effects of evasin-1, a chemokine binding protein, in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosisRemo C Russo
Laboratorio de Imunofarmacologia, Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciências Biológicas Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Antonio Carlos, 6627, CEP 30882 650 Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:72-80. 2011..time after bleomycin challenge, and this was accompanied by increased number of leukocytes and elevated levels of CCL2/monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP)-1, CCL5/regulated upon activation, normal T cell expressed and secreted, TNF-..
- Identification of genes and proteins specifically regulated by costimulation of mast cell Fcε Receptor I and chemokine receptor 1Cho Cho Aye
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Exp Mol Pathol 92:267-74. 2012..Of the panel of chemokines and cytokines tested, only CCL2, CCL7 and interleukin (IL)-6 were expressed at higher levels following costimulation...
- Expression of MCP-1 and fractalkine on endothelial cells and astrocytes may contribute to the invasion and migration of brain macrophages in ischemic rat brain lesionsNari Tei
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Ehime University, Toon, Ehime, Japan
J Neurosci Res 91:681-93. 2013..Thus, chemokines may play a critical role in the accumulation of neuroprotective BINCs. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- [Effects of xiongshao capsule combined with ischemic postconditioning on monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in rat myocardium with ischemic reperfusion injury]Da Wu Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Xiyuan Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100091
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 30:1279-83. 2010....
- Hepatocyte growth factor ameliorates renal interstitial inflammation in rat remnant kidney by modulating tubular expression of macrophage chemoattractant protein-1 and RANTESRujun Gong
Division of Renal Diseases, Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2868-81. 2004..These findings suggest that the beneficial effect of HGF in chronic renal disease is attributable, at least in part, to a direct anti-inflammatory action, likely via NF-kappaB, on tubular epithelial cells...
- Assessment of genetic effects of polymorphisms in the MCP-1 gene on serum MCP-1 levels and myocardial infarction in JapaneseNaoharu Iwai
Department of Epidemiology, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Japan
Circ J 70:805-9. 2006Recently, the Framingham Heart Study reported that genetic variations in CCL2 influence serum levels of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) and the incidence of myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 released from alveolar macrophages mediates the systemic inflammation of acute alveolar hypoxiaJie Chao
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:53-61. 2011..Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1/Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2 (MCP-1/CCL2) is rapidly released by hypoxic alveolar macrophages...
- Diclofenac, a selective COX-2 inhibitor, inhibits DMH-induced colon tumorigenesis through suppression of MCP-1, MIP-1α and VEGFJasmeet Kaur
Department of Biophysics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Mol Carcinog 50:707-18. 2011..Our results indicate potential role of chemokines alongwith VEGF in angiogenesis in DMH-induced cancer and its chemoprevention with diclofenac...
- The endothelium-derived contracting factor uridine adenosine tetraphosphate induces P2Y(2)-mediated pro-inflammatory signaling by monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 formationMirjam Schuchardt
Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Med Klinik mit SP Nephrologie, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 89:799-810. 2011..This process requires the activation of the G-protein coupled receptor P2Y(2). Therefore, Up(4)A is not only a potent EDCF but also a potent inductor of pro-inflammatory response in the vascular wall...
- Regulation of CCL2/MCP-1 production in astrocytes by desipramine and atomoxetine: involvement of α2 adrenergic receptorsAra E Hinojosa
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense de Madrid and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Brain Res Bull 86:326-33. 2011..activation of β adrenergic receptors induces the synthesis of the chemokine monocyte chemoattractant protein (CCL2/MCP-1) in astrocytes, it is our interest to analyze the mechanisms involved in this process, particularly the ..
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2) in experimental autoimmune orchitisVanesa A Guazzone
Centro de Investigaciones en Reproduccion, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155 piso 10, C1121 ABG, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Reprod Immunol 60:143-57. 2003..The aim of this study was to detect the variations in the expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2) and its receptor in the testis of rats undergoing autoimmune orchitis...
- MCP-1 and MIP-2 expression and production in BB diabetic rat: effect of chronic hypoxiaCacchio Marisa
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Mol Cell Biochem 276:105-11. 2005..1+/- 72). Our data point to MCP-1 and MIP-2 as important components in the pathophysiology of diabetes, and hypoxia is an important and potent environmental stimulus capable of modulating the expression and production of these chemokines...
- Apoptotic myocytes generate monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and mediate macrophage recruitmentMiyuki Kobara
Dept of Clinical Pharmacology, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, 5 Misasagi Nakauchi cho, Yamashina ku, Kyoto, Japan
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:601-9. 2008..Concomitantly, activated macrophages infiltrated the areas of apoptosis remarkably. These results suggest that apoptotic myocytes produce MCP-1, which have a critical role in the active recruitment of macrophages...
- Participation of functionally different macrophage populations and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in early stages of thioacetamide-induced rat hepatic injuryYoko Mori
Laboratories of Veterinary Pathology and Molecular Science, Life and Environmental Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Nakaku, Sakai, Osaka, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 37:463-73. 2009..Collectively, macrophages in acute hepatic necrosis may express different properties such as phagocytosis, MHC class II expression, and TGF-beta1 production; such expression may be influenced by MCP-1 produced by HSCs...
- Sustained activation of ERK signaling in astrocytes is critical for neuronal injury-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 production in rat corticostriatal slice culturesTakahiro Katayama
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 31:1359-67. 2010..NMDA) treatment (50 microM, 3 h) induced astrocytic production of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1, CCL2), a CC chemokine implicated in ischemic and excitotoxic brain injury, in rat corticostriatal slice cultures...
- 17beta-estradiol down-regulates lipopolysaccharide-induced MCP-1 production and cell migration in vascular smooth muscle cellsPing Jiang
Department of Physiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangdong, Guangzhou 510089, People s Republic of China
J Mol Endocrinol 45:87-97. 2010..study, we investigated the effect of estrogen on LPS-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1; listed as CCL2 in the MGI database) production in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- MCP-1/CCL2 protects cardiac myocytes from hypoxia-induced apoptosis by a G(alphai)-independent pathwaySima T Tarzami
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 335:1008-16. 2005..In a previous study, we demonstrated that CCL2 protects cultured mouse neonatal cardiac myocytes from hypoxia-induced cell death...
- Intracellular ANG II directly induces in vitro transcription of TGF-beta1, MCP-1, and NHE-3 mRNAs in isolated rat renal cortical nuclei via activation of nuclear AT1a receptorsXiao C Li
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1034-45. 2008....
- Rosiglitazone protects diabetic rats against kidney disease through the suppression of renal moncyte chemoattractant protein-1 expressionMao Zheng
Department of Endocrinology, Anhui Provincial Hospital Affiliated to Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui Province of China
J Diabetes Complications 23:124-9. 2009..In conclusion, rosiglitazone may have a potential therapeutic target in DN, which may be partly attributed to lowering of the expression of MCP-1 in the local kidney and the urinary excretion of MCP-1...
- Role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2) in migration of neural progenitor cells toward glial tumorsSuresh N Magge
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:1547-55. 2009..An understanding of NPC migration mechanisms may be used to enhance delivery of cytotoxic agents to brain tumor cells...
- [Effect of ginsenoside Rgl on the expression of TNF-alpha and MCP-1 in rats with diabetic nephropathy]Li Na Zhang
Department of Nephrology, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of Human Disease, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:466-71. 2009..To investigate the effects of Ginsenoside Rgl on proteinuria and the expression of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) in rats with diabetic nephropathy (DN)...
- Myocardial expression of TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10 and MCP-1 after a single MDMA dose administered in a rat modelMargherita Neri
Department of Forensic Pathology, University of Foggia, Ospedale Colonnello D Avanzo, 71100 Foggia, Italy
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 11:413-20. 2010..The rise of the selective cardioinhibitory cytokines may be interpreted as the adaptive response of jeopardized myocardium to the cardiac dysfunction resulting from MDMA injection...
- Anti-monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene therapy attenuates renal injury induced by protein-overload proteinuriaHideaki Shimizu
Division of Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:1496-505. 2003..The fact that 7ND gene therapy had little effect on the contralateral kidney indicates that 7ND acted locally. This strategy may have a potential usefulness as a gene therapy against tubulointerstitial renal injury...
- Dexamethasone suppresses monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 production via mitogen activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 dependent inhibition of Jun N-terminal kinase and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in activated rat microgliaYan Zhou
Department of Anatomy, Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Neurochem 102:667-78. 2007..This study reveals that the MKP-1 and MCP-1 as novel mediators of biological effects of Dex may help developing better therapeutic strategies for the treatment of patients with neuroinflammatory diseases...
- Ischemic cerebral tissue and MCP-1 enhance rat bone marrow stromal cell migration in interface cultureLei Wang
Department of Neurology, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Exp Hematol 30:831-6. 2002..Adult MSCs administered intravenously to rat migrate and express neural phenotypes in ischemic brain. The aim of the present study was to investigate the mechanisms targeting MSC migration into the ischemic brain...
- MCP-1 but not CINC synthesis is increased in rat pancreatic acini in response to cerulein hyperstimulationMadhav Bhatia
Department of Surgery, University of Liverpool, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool L69 3GA, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G77-85. 2002..This suggests that regulation of CC and CXC chemokines within acinar cells may be quite different...
- Levels of MCP-1 and GM-CSF mRNA correlated with inflammatory cytokines mRNA levels in experimental autoimmune myocarditis in ratsYoshiyuki Kobayashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Japan
Autoimmunity 35:97-104. 2002..These findings suggest that elevated MCP-1 and GM-CSF may associate with the migration and proliferation of monocytes/macrophages in EAM. Thus, MCP-1 and GM-CSF may play an important role in the progression of EAM...
- Muscle responds to an antibody reactive with the acetylcholine receptor by up-regulating monocyte chemoattractant protein 1: a chemokine with the potential to influence the severity and course of experimental myasthenia gravisSara Reyes-Reyna
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Immunol 169:1579-86. 2002..e., monocyte chemoattractant protein 1) production by skeletal muscle cells...
- Constitutive patterns of RANTES, MCP-1 and MIP-1 alpha expression at the mRNA and protein level during postnatal development of the rat brainAnita M Geppert
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Neurology, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Folia Neuropathol 41:79-88. 2003..This may support the differences between RANTES, MCP-1 and MIP-1alpha functional significance in vivo in terms of influence on the migration of distinct cell populations...
- Regulation of inhibitory protein-kappaB and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 by angiotensin II type 2 receptor-activated Src homology protein tyrosine phosphatase-1 in fetal vascular smooth muscle cellsLan Wu
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shigenobu, Onsen gun, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 18:666-78. 2004....
- Heat stress decreases pulmonary MCP-1 production in endotoxemiaJagadish Urs
Children s Hospital of Michigan, Wayne State University, 3901 Beaubien, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cytokine 26:243-6. 2004..35 vs. 0.74+/-0.51, MCP-1/beta-actin mRNA, p <0.01). Control and heat alone rats had undetectable mRNA MCP-1 in the lungs. Heat stress prior to endotoxemia results in decreased production of MCP-1 by a post-transcriptional mechanism...
- Reactive oxygen species and ERK 1/2 mediate monocyte chemotactic protein-1-stimulated smooth muscle cell migrationI Chung Lo
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 12:377-88. 2005....
- TGF-beta1 stimulates monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in mesangial cells through a phosphodiesterase isoenzyme 4-dependent processJingfei Cheng
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Stabile 7, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 289:C959-70. 2005..Rp, by preventing TGF-beta1-stimulated MCP-1 production, may offer a therapeutic approach in retarding the progression of renal disease...
- Blocking of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 during tubulointerstitial nephritis resulted in delayed neutrophil clearancePing Li
Department of Medicine, Renal and Infectious Disease Sections, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
Am J Pathol 167:637-49. 2005..Antagonism of MCP-1 in TIN by Ab or RA may alter the pathological process, most likely through delayed removal of apoptotic neutrophils in the inflammatory loci...
- The MCP-1 -2518 (A to G) single nucleotide polymorphism is not associated with myocardial infarction in the Czech populationZ Cermakova
Immunology and Immunogenetics, Palacky University and Faculty Hospital Olomouc, Czech Republic
Int J Immunogenet 32:315-8. 2005..The data do not support a role for the MCP-1 -2518 single nucleotide polymorphism in susceptibility to CAD manifested by myocardial infarction...
- Secretion of MCP-1/CCL2 by bile duct epithelia induces myofibroblastic transdifferentiation of portal fibroblastsEmma A Kruglov
Section of Digestive Diseases and Yale Liver Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G765-71. 2006..The cytokine monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1)/CCL2 is upregulated in biliary fibrosis by bile duct epithelia (BDE) and induces functional responses in HSC...
- HIV-infected patients with lipodystrophy have higher rates of carotid atherosclerosis: the role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1Blai Coll
Servei de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitari Sant Joan, Reus, Spain
Cytokine 34:51-5. 2006..18, p=0.05). In summary, HIV-1-infected patients with clinically manifest LD are at higher risk for atherosclerosis and our observations support the relationship between inflammation and atherosclerotic disease...
- Expression of MCP-1 in the hippocampus of SHRSP with ischemia-related delayed neuronal deathYasuko Sakurai-Yamashita
Department of Pharmacology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, 852 8523, Japan
Cell Mol Neurobiol 26:823-31. 2006..As a result, such astrocytes expressing MCP-1 may therefore be related to the pathological events of delayed neuronal death in the pyramidal neurons...
- Increased expression of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein-beta and -delta and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 genes in aortas from hyperinsulinaemic ratsY Sato
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta tsukinowa cho, Otsu, Shiga, 520 2192, Japan
Diabetologia 50:481-9. 2007..stimulates the expression of transcription factor CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP)-beta and C/EBP-delta and leads to the induction of the chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2 gene (Ccl2, also known as MCP-1) expression in aortas.
- Expression of caveolin-1 in human adipose tissue is upregulated in obesity and obesity-associated type 2 diabetes mellitus and related to inflammationVictoria Catalan
Metabolic Research Laboratory, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 68:213-9. 2008....
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 has prosclerotic effects both in a mouse model of experimental diabetes and in vitro in human mesangial cellsS Giunti
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, C so AM Dogliotti, 14, 10126, Turin, Italy
Diabetologia 51:198-207. 2008....
- Homocysteine stimulates monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in the kidney via nuclear factor-kappaB activationSun Young Hwang
Department of Animal Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F236-44. 2008..Our results suggest that hyperhomocysteinemia stimulates MCP-1 expression in the kidney via NF-kappaB activation. Such an inflammatory response may contribute to renal injury associated with hyperhomocysteinemia...
- Homocysteine induces monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in hepatocytes mediated via activator protein-1 activationConnie W H Woo
Departments of Animal Science and Physiology, University of Manitoba, Canadian Centre for Agri Food Research in Health and Medicine, St Boniface Hospital Research Centre, Winnipeg, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:1282-92. 2008..These results suggest that Hcy-induced MCP-1 expression in the liver is mediated via AP-1 activation, which may contribute to chronic inflammation associated with hyperhomocysteinemia...
- The effect of simvastatin on the serum monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and intracellular adhesion molecule-1 levels in diabetic ratsYang Lin
Department of Endocrinology, Anhui Provincial Hospital Affiliated to Anhui Medical University, Hefei, 230001, China
J Diabetes Complications 23:214-8. 2009..This study aimed to observe the effect of simvastatin on the serum monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) and intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) levels and to probe its protective mechanisms on macroangiopathy in diabetic rats...
- The cannabinoid receptor-1 antagonist rimonabant inhibits platelet activation and reduces pro-inflammatory chemokines and leukocytes in Zucker ratsA Schafer
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, University Hospital Wurzburg, Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 154:1047-54. 2008..We investigated the effect of rimonabant on inflammation and enhanced platelet reactivity in type 2 diabetic Zucker rats, an experimental model of impaired glucose tolerance and the metabolic syndrome...
- Nitric oxide and MCP-1 regulation in LPS activated rat Kupffer cellsGeorge Kolios
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Crete, Greece
Mol Cell Biochem 319:91-8. 2008....
- Angiotensin-receptor blockade reduces border zone myocardial monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression and macrophage infiltration in post-infarction ventricular remodelingTakashi Kohno
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 72:1685-92. 2008....
- Expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in rat dorsal root ganglia and spinal cord in experimental models of neuropathic painSang Min Jeon
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, 2 101, Dongin Dong, Daegu, 700 422, South Korea
Brain Res 1251:103-11. 2009..Additionally, increased MCP-1 in both intact L4 and injured L5 DRG neurons may contribute to neuropathic pain hypersensitivity following L5 SNL...
- Paraoxonase-1 is related to inflammation, fibrosis and PPAR delta in experimental liver diseaseJudit Marsillach
Centre de Recerca Biomedica, Hospital Universitari de Sant Joan, Institut d Investigacions Sanitaries Pere Virgili, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, C, Sant Joan s n, 43201 Reus, Spain
BMC Gastroenterol 9:3. 2009..We investigated the relationships between hepatic PON1 and MCP-1 expression in rats with liver disease and explored the possible molecular mechanisms involved...
- Soy phosphatidylcholine inhibited TLR4-mediated MCP-1 expression in vascular cellsAtsushi Ishikado
Department of Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Japan
Atherosclerosis 205:404-12. 2009..Moreover, we propose that SPC can be useful as a selective inhibitor to suppress the TLR4-mediated inflammatory signaling...
- Milk fat globule protein epidermal growth factor-8: a pivotal relay element within the angiotensin II and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 signaling cascade mediating vascular smooth muscle cells invasionZongming Fu
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science, National Institute on Aging National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Circ Res 104:1337-46. 2009..Thus, targeting of MFG-E8 within this signaling axis pathway is a potential novel therapy for the prevention and treatment of the age-associated vascular diseases such as atherosclerosis...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is expressed in pancreatic islets from prediabetic NOD mice and in interleukin-1 beta-exposed human and rat islet cellsM C Chen
Gene Expression Unit, Diabetes Research Center, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 44:325-32. 2001....
- Role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and its receptor,CCR-2, in the pathogenesis of bleomycin-induced sclerodermaToshiyuki Yamamoto
Department of Dermatology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University School of Medicine, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 121:510-6. 2003....
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 increases microglial infiltration and aggressiveness of gliomasMichael Platten
Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology, Department of Neurology, University of Tubingen Medical School, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Ann Neurol 54:388-92. 2003..This provides the first functional evidence that MCP-1 recruits microglial cells to gliomas and promotes their growth in vivo. Microglial cells may support rather than suppress glioma growth...
- An animal model of age-related macular degeneration in senescent Ccl-2- or Ccr-2-deficient miceJayakrishna Ambati
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kentucky, 740 South Limestone Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0284, USA
Nat Med 9:1390-7. 2003..Wild-type choroidal macrophages degrade C5 and IgG in eye sections of Ccl2(-/-) or Ccr2(-/-) mice...
- Enhanced production of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in the dorsal root ganglia in a rat model of neuropathic pain: possible involvement in the development of neuropathic painTakahiro Tanaka
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Neurosci Res 48:463-9. 2004..Furthermore, intrathecal administration of MCP-1 induced mechanical allodynia. These results suggest that MCP-1 produced in the DRG neurons is involved in the development of mechanical allodynia induced by nerve injury...
- Strong association of a functional polymorphism in the monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 promoter gene with lupus nephritisMarco Tucci
University of Florida, and Malcom Randall VA Medical Center, Gainesville, 32610, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:1842-9. 2004..In this study, we examined the role of a functional monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) polymorphism in SLE and LN.
- Constitutive neuronal expression of CCR2 chemokine receptor and its colocalization with neurotransmitters in normal rat brain: functional effect of MCP-1/CCL2 on calcium mobilization in primary cultured neuronsGhazal Banisadr
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U732 Université Pierre et Marie Curie Hôpital Saint Antoine, Paris Cedex 12, France
J Comp Neurol 492:178-92. 2005..These data are largely in accordance with results obtained using quantitative autoradiography with [(125)I]MCP-1/CCL2 and RT-PCR CCR2 mRNA analysis...
- Cachexia--induced cerebellar degeneration: involvement of serum TNF and MCP-1 in the course of experimental neoplastic diseaseSławomir Michalak
Department of Neurochemistry and Neuropathology, Chair of Neurology, University of Medical Sciences, 49 Przybyszewskiego St 60 355 Poznań, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 66:113-22. 2006....
- Characterization of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression following a kainate model of status epilepticusNathan C Manley
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Brain Res 1182:138-43. 2007..To address this, we report the expression profile of the chemokine, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1, CCL2), during kainate-induced seizure in the rat hippocampus...
- Association of polymorphisms in monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 promoter with diabetic kidney failure in Korean patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusJu Young Moon
Department of Nephrology, College of Medicine, Kyunghee University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:810-4. 2007..Our result shows that the -2518 A allele of the MCP-1 gene is associated with kidney failure in Korean patients with type 2 DM...
- Delayed functional expression of neuronal chemokine receptors following focal nerve demyelination in the rat: a mechanism for the development of chronic sensitization of peripheral nociceptorsSonia Bhangoo
Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL, USA
Mol Pain 3:38. 2007....
- Serum monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 concentrations associate with diabetes status but not arterial stiffness in children with type 1 diabetesIssam Zineh
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Center for Pharmacogenomics, University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Diabetes Care 32:465-7. 2009..We tested whether inflammatory monocyte chemoattractant protein (MCP)-1 concentrations correlate with arterial stiffness or type 1 diabetes status...
- Intraocular expression and release of high-mobility group box 1 protein in retinal detachmentNoboru Arimura
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Lab Invest 89:278-89. 2009..In addition, we assessed the vitreous concentrations of HMGB1 and monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) in human eyes with RD...
- Long term exposure to the chemokine CCL2 activates the nigrostriatal dopamine system: a novel mechanism for the control of dopamine releaseA Guyon
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UNSA, UMR, 6097 CNRS, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560, Valbonne, France
Neuroscience 162:1072-80. 2009..Recently, we demonstrated that CCR2, the main receptor for the chemokine CCL2, is constitutively expressed in dopamine neurons in the rat substantia nigra...
- Modulation of morphological changes of microglia and neuroprotection by monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in experimental glaucomaKin Chiu
Laboratory of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Anatomy, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Cell Mol Immunol 7:61-8. 2010Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1)/CCL2 is a C-C chemokine involved in the activation and recruitment of monocytic cells to injury sites...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1, intercellular adhesion molecule 1, and vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 in exudative age-related macular degenerationJost B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical Faculty Mannheim of the Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
Arch Ophthalmol 128:1281-6. 2010To examine intraocular concentrations of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1), soluble intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (sICAM-1), soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (sVCAM-1), and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) ..
- Chemokine CCL2 modulation of neuronal excitability and synaptic transmission in rat hippocampal slicesYan Zhou
The Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5880, USA
J Neurochem 116:406-14. 2011In addition to its well-characterized effects in immune system, chemokine CC motif ligand 2 (CCL2, formerly known as monocyte chemoattractant protein-1) is believed to play an important role in brain physiological and pathological ..
- Pancreatic islet expression of chemokine CCL2 suppresses autoimmune diabetes via tolerogenic CD11c+ CD11b+ dendritic cellsMartin A Kriegel
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:3457-62. 2012..The exact role of the attracted cells is still poorly understood. Chemokine CCL2/MCP-1 is known to attract CCR2(+) monocytes and dendritic cells (DCs)...
- Upregulation of retinal neuronal MCP-1 in the rodent model of diabetic retinopathy and its function in vitroNing Dong
Department of Ophthalmology, Beijing Shijitan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:7567-75. 2012..To evaluate the expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) in the rodent model of diabetic retinopathy (DR) and to study the stimulation of microglial activation by retinal neuronal MCP-1 in vitro...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) expression occurs in toxic rat liver injury and human liver diseaseM J Czaja
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
J Leukoc Biol 55:120-6. 1994..To further define this process, the gene expression of the monocyte chemoattractant monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) was examined in animal and human liver disease...
- Surfactant protein variants in pediatric lung injuryNeal Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF FRACTALKINE IN VITRO AND IN VIVOLili Feng; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CELLULAR MECHANISM OF DIABETIC NEPHROPATHYLili Feng; Fiscal Year: 2004..Insights gained in the proposed studies will lead to the development of new therapeutic strategies to this life-threatening disease. ..
- Chemokine Blockade to Preserve Lung DevelopmentRichard Auten; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 3 will determine whether blockade of leukocyte function can safely preserve normal alveolar development during recovery from severe oxidant stress. ..
- Molecular Mechanism of AcupunctureGabriela Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe that our studies may open new era towards molecular understanding of acupuncture treatment in pain, inflammation, as well as a variety of vascular diseases in humans. ..
- Adjuvant Therapy for Vascular Inflammation in DiabetesSushil Jain; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Chemokine receptor antagonists in inflammatory diseaseShiva Shahrara; Fiscal Year: 2007..Achieving these goals may give us valuable information in regard to molecular inflammatory mechanisms involved in atherosclerosis and RA. ..
- Ketosis, Vascular Inflammation and Its Therapy in Type 1 Diabetic PatientsSushil K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal is to understand the role of ketosis in CVD and to discover a relatively low-cost dietary supplement that could be used as an adjuvant therapy for CVD prevention in type 1 diabetes. ..