Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cav1
Description: caveolin 1
Alias: Cav, caveolin-1, caveolin 1, caveolae protein, caveolin caveolae protein 22 kDa, caveolin-like
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Caveolin and GLT-1 gene expression is reciprocally regulated in primary astrocytes: association of GLT-1 with non-caveolar lipid raftsJürgen Zschocke
Institute of Physiological Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Glia 49:275-87. 2005..We also provide strong evidence that GLT-1 itself is concentrated in lipid rafts, inferring an important role for glial glutamate transporter function...
- Reggie-1 and reggie-2 localize in non-caveolar rafts in epithelial cells: cellular localization is not dependent on the expression of caveolin proteinsInga Fernow
Institute of Biochemistry II and Cluster of Excellence Frankfurt Macromolecular Complexes, University Clinic of Frankfurt am Main, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 86:345-52. 2007..Thus, our data indicate that reggies are localized in microdomains different from caveolae, and the function of reggies is different from and independent of caveolin-1...
- Increased caveolin-1 expression precedes decreased expression of occludin and claudin-5 during blood-brain barrier breakdownSukriti Nag
Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 114:459-69. 2007..Thus caveolae and caveolin-1 have an important role in early BBB breakdown and could be potential therapeutic targets in the control of early brain edema...
- Changes in caveolin-1 expression and vasoreactivity in the aorta and corpus cavernosum of fructose and streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsKübra H Elçioğlu
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Marmara University, Tibbiye St 49 Haydarpaşa, Istanbul 34688, Turkey
Eur J Pharmacol 642:113-20. 2010....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2-mediated occludin degradation and caveolin-1-mediated claudin-5 redistribution contribute to blood-brain barrier damage in early ischemic stroke stageJie Liu
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of South China School of Medicine, Hengyang, Hunan 421001, China
J Neurosci 32:3044-57. 2012..and promoted the secretion of metalloproteinase-2 and -9 (MMP-2/9) and cytosolic translocation of caveolin-1 (Cav-1)...
- Intercellular adhesion molecule-1-dependent neutrophil adhesion to endothelial cells induces caveolae-mediated pulmonary vascular hyperpermeabilityGuochang Hu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 835 S Wolcott Ave, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Circ Res 102:e120-31. 2008....
- Neurofibromin binds to caveolin-1 and regulates ras, FAK, and AktMadanamohan Boyanapalli
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:1200-8. 2006..Caveolin-1 (Cav-1) regulates diverse signaling molecules and has itself been implicated as a tumor suppressor...
- Caveolae compartmentalization of heme oxygenase-1 in endothelial cellsHong Pyo Kim
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Dept of Medicine, MUH 628NW, 3459 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213, USA
FASEB J 18:1080-9. 2004..We demonstrate for the first time the localization of heme degradation enzymes to plasma membrane caveolae, and present novel evidence that caveolin-1 interacts with and modulates HO activity...
- Transitional cell carcinomas and nonurothelial carcinomas of the urinary bladder differ in the promoter methylation status of the caveolin-1, hDAB2IP and p53 genes, but not in the global methylation of Alu elementsEkkehard Kunze
Center of Pathology, University of Gottingen, D 37099 Göttingen, Germany
Int J Mol Med 17:3-13. 2006....
- PrPc activation induces neurite outgrowth and differentiation in PC12 cells: role for caveolin-1 in the signal transduction pathwayBarbara Pantera
Dipartimento di Scienze Biochimiche, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Italy
J Neurochem 110:194-207. 2009..Furthermore our data support a significant role for PrP(c) as a response mediator in neuritogenesis and cell differentiation...
- MLC1 trafficking and membrane expression in astrocytes: role of caveolin-1 and phosphorylationAngela Lanciotti
Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 37:581-95. 2010..Because pathological mutations prevent MLC1 membrane expression, the identification of substances regulating MLC1 intracellular trafficking is potentially relevant for the therapy of MLC...
- Caveolin-1 and caveolin-3 form heterooligomeric complexes in atrial cardiac myocytes that are required for doxorubicin-induced apoptosisDaniela Volonte
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H392-401. 2008..Together, these results bring new insight into the functional role of caveolae and suggest that caveolin-1/caveolin-3 heterooligomeric complexes may play a key role in chemotherapy-induced cardiotoxicity in the atria...
- Caveolin-1 directly interacts with UT-A1 urea transporter: the role of caveolae/lipid rafts in UT-A1 regulation at the cell membraneXiuyan Feng
Emory Univ School of Medicine, Renal Division, WMRB Rm 338, 1639 Pierce Drive, NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F1514-20. 2009..Our results indicate that lipid rafts/caveolae participate in UT-A1 membrane regulation and this effect is mediated via a direct interaction of caveolin-1 with UT-A1...
- A role for caveolin-1 in mechanotransduction of fetal type II epithelial cellsYulian Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island and Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02905, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298:L775-83. 2010..Caveolin-1 is translocated from the plasma membrane to the cytoplasm by mechanical stretch and functions as an inhibitory protein in stretch-induced type II cell differentiation via the ERK pathway...
- Caveolin-1 assembles type 1 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors and canonical transient receptor potential 3 channels into a functional signaling complex in arterial smooth muscle cellsAdebowale Adebiyi
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Biol Chem 286:4341-8. 2011..Here, we tested the hypothesis that caveolae and specifically caveolin-1 (cav-1), a caveolae scaffolding protein, facilitate functional IP(3)R1 to TRPC3 coupling in smooth muscle cells of ..
- The role of caveolin-1 in blood-brain barrier disruption induced by focused ultrasound combined with microbubblesJinmu Deng
Department of Neurosurgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
J Mol Neurosci 46:677-87. 2012..This research sheds light on the mechanism of a transient, targeted, and reversible opening of the BBB induced by FUS combined with microbubbles...
- Activated CD47 promotes pulmonary arterial hypertension through targeting caveolin-1Philip M Bauer
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cardiovasc Res 93:682-93. 2012..In this study, we investigated the role activated CD47 plays in promoting PAH...
- Interaction with caveolin-1 modulates vascular ATP-sensitive potassium (KATP) channel activityLowri M Davies
Biosciences Building, School of Biological Sciences, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZB, UK
J Physiol 588:3255-66. 2010..Since caveolin expression is regulated by cellular free cholesterol and plasma levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), this interaction may have implications in both the physiological and pathophysiological control of vascular function...
- Evidence for Na+/Ca2+ exchanger 1 association with caveolin-1 and -2 in C6 glioma cellsSeok Ho Cha
Departments of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Medicine, Inha University, 253 Yonghyun Dong, Nam Gu, Incheon 402 751, Korea
IUBMB Life 56:621-7. 2004..of Na + -Ca2+ exchanger (NCX1), that is one of the essential regulators of Ca2+ homeostasis, with caveolin (Cav)-1 and Cav-2 in Cav-3 null cell (rat C6 glioma cell)...
- Effects of probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics on messenger RNA expression of caveolin-1, NOS, and genes regulating oxidative stress in the terminal ileum of formula-fed neonatal ratsAntoni D'Souza
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Pediatr Res 67:526-31. 2010..These data provide a probable mechanism for the benefits of supplemented formula for decreasing the severity of NEC by preserving the antioxidant systems...
- Caveolin-1 limits the contribution of BK(Ca) channel to EDHF-mediated arteriolar dilation: implications in diet-induced obesityAttila Feher
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Cardiovasc Res 87:732-9. 2010Caveolin-1 (Cav-1) interacts with large conductance Ca(2+)-activated potassium channels (BKCa) and likely exerts a negative regulatory effect on the channel activity...
- Caveolin-1 is involved in reactive oxygen species-induced SHP-2 activation in astrocytesJi Hee Yun
Department of Physiology, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine Seoul 158 710, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:660-8. 2011..Our results suggest that caveolin-1 is involved in astrocyte-specific intracellular responses linked to the SHP-2-mediated signaling cascade following ROS-induced oxidative stress...
- Membrane-associated estrogen receptor and caveolin-1 are present in central nervous system myelin and oligodendrocyte plasma membranesDina N Arvanitis
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Neurosci Res 75:603-13. 2004..The discovery of the ER in the oligodendrocyte plasma membrane and within the myelin sheath indicates a potential role for estrogen in myelin maintenance or functions...
- Caveolin-1 upregulation in senescent neurons alters amyloid precursor protein processingMin Ji Kang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Exp Mol Med 38:126-33. 2006..From these results we conclude that caveolin-1 is selectively expressed in senescent neurons and that it induces the processing of APP by beta-secretase via PKC downregulation...
- Increased expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase and caveolin-1 in the aorta of rats with isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophyP Krenek
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University, Odbojarov 10, 832 32 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 84:1245-50. 2006..Thus, 1 week of isoproterenol administration led to increased eNOS expression in the aorta without amelioration of endothelial vasorelaxation function. Concomitant increase in caveolin-1 expression may be responsible for this paradox...
- Caveolin-1 is enriched in the peroxisomal membrane of rat hepatocytesJannes Woudenberg
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hepatology 51:1744-53. 2010..Targeting of peroxisomal matrix proteins and peroxisome number and shape were not altered in rat hepatocytes with 70%-80% reduced caveolin-1 levels and in livers of caveolin-1 knockout mice...
- Caveolin-1 mediates endotoxin inhibition of endothelin-1-induced endothelial nitric oxide synthase activity in liver sinusoidal endothelial cellsWillson Kwok
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina 28223, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G930-9. 2009..In the presence of endotoxin, an increase in caveolin-1 (Cav-1) expression impairs ET-1/eNOS signaling; however, the molecular mechanism is unknown...
- Caveolin-1 is a competitive inhibitor of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) with heme: identification of a minimum sequence in caveolin-1 for binding to HO-1Junichi Taira
Department of Chemistry, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Biochemistry 50:6824-31. 2011..The 82-101 residues of caveolin-1 (CAV(82-101)), called the caveolin scaffolding domain, play essential roles in caveolin-related protein-protein ..
- Caveolin-1 and caveolin-3 regulate Ca2+ homeostasis of single smooth muscle cells from rat cerebral resistance arteriesT Kamishima
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Ashton Street, Liverpool, UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H204-14. 2007..Our results suggest that caveolin-1 and caveolin-3 are important in Ca(2+) removal of resistance artery smooth muscle cells...
- Molecular interaction between caveolin-1 and ABCA1 on high-density lipoprotein-mediated cholesterol efflux in aortic endothelial cellsYu Chun Lin
Department of Life Science, Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Cardiovasc Res 75:575-83. 2007..In this study, we analyzed the relationships between caveolin-1 and ABCA1 on high-density lipoprotein (HDL)-mediated cholesterol efflux in rat aortic endothelial cells...
- Effects of green tea polyphenols on caveolin-1 of microvessel fragments in rats with cerebral ischemiaSai Zhang
Department of Neurobiology, College of Basic Medicine, China Medical University, Shenyang China
Neurol Res 32:963-70. 2010....
- Caveolin-1 interacts with 5-HT2A serotonin receptors and profoundly modulates the signaling of selected Galphaq-coupled protein receptorsAnushree Bhatnagar
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2109 Adelbert Road, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34614-23. 2004..In a search for 5-HT(2A) receptor-interacting proteins, we discovered that caveolin-1 (Cav-1), a scaffolding protein enriched in caveolae, complexes with 5-HT(2A) receptors in a number of cell types ..
- Opposite pattern of MDR1 and caveolin-1 gene expression in human atherosclerotic lesions and proliferating human smooth muscle cellsB Batetta
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Italy
Cell Mol Life Sci 58:1113-20. 2001....
- Increased phosphorylation of caveolin-1 in the spinal cord of irradiated ratsHeechul Kim
Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Applied Life Sciences, Cheju National University, Jeju 690 756, Korea
J Vet Sci 8:323-7. 2007..These results suggest that total body irradiation induces activation of microglial cells in the spinal cord through the phosphorylation of caveolin-1...
- ABCA1 modulates the oligomerization and Golgi exit of caveolin-1 during HDL-mediated cholesterol efflux in aortic endothelial cellsYu Chun Lin
Department of Life Science, Tunghai University, 181 Taichung Harbor Road, Section 3, Taichung 40704, Taiwan, ROC
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:189-95. 2009..It is concluded that HDL up-regulates ABCA1 expression, which in turn modulates the oligomerization and Golgi exit of caveolin-1 to enhance cholesterol efflux in aortic ECs...
- Hypermethylation of the caveolin-1 gene promoter in prostate cancerJ Cui
Department of Pediatrics and Human Genetics, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Prostate 46:249-56. 2001..Caveolin-1 (Cav-1), a gene coding for the structural component of cellular caveolae, is involved in cell signaling and has been ..
- Striatin, a calmodulin-dependent scaffolding protein, directly binds caveolin-1S Gaillard
FRE 21 02, CNRS, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, 13402 Marseille Cedex 092, France
FEBS Lett 508:49-52. 2001..2001) Mol. Biol. Cell 12, 663-673]...
- Caveolin-1 does not affect SR-BI-mediated cholesterol efflux or selective uptake of cholesteryl ester in two cell linesLibo Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, SUNY at Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Lipid Res 44:807-15. 2003..We conclude that basal and SR-BI-stimulated FC efflux to HDL and liposomes and SR-BI-mediated selective uptake of HDL CE are not affected by caveolin-1 expression in HEK 293 or FRT cells...
- Expression of caveolin-1 and caveolin-2 in urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder correlates with tumor grade and squamous differentiationAndrew Fong
Department of Pathology, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 120:93-100. 2003..evaluated 94 cases of urothelial carcinoma (UC) of the urinary bladder for the expression of caveolin (Cav)-1 and Cav-2...
- Development of an immunoassay for serum caveolin-1: a novel biomarker for prostate cancerSalahaldin A Tahir
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3653-9. 2003Caveolin-1 (cav-1), the major protein component of caveolae, plays an important role in multiple signaling pathways, molecular transport, and cellular proliferation and differentiation...
- Phenotype of palmitic acid transport and of signalling in alveolar type II cells from E/H-FABP double-knockout mice: contribution of caveolin-1 and PPARgammaFlorian Guthmann
Clinic for Neonatology, Charite Campus Mitte, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1636:196-204. 2004..This indicated that E-FABP and/or H-FABP are involved in the mediation of DPPC synthesis in wt TII cells...
- Caveolin-1, Id3a and two LIM protein genes are upregulated by estrogen in vascular smooth muscle cellsTokumitsu Watanabe
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Life Sci 75:1219-29. 2004..Addition of 100 nmol/L estradiol for 24 hours increased the mRNA levels of all four genes. Although the precise mechanism remains unclear, regulation of these genes by estrogen might contribute to its effect on VSMC...
- Mutational, epigenetic and expressional analyses of caveolin-1 gene in breast cancersShou Tung Chen
Department of Molecular Medicine, China Medical University, 2 Yuh Der Road, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Mol Med 14:577-82. 2004..Our findings suggest that aberrant promoter methylation of caveolin-1 gene is associated with inactivation of expression. This process occurs in the precancerous stage and may play an important role in the development of breast cancer...
- The potential role of caveolin-1 in inhibition of aquaporins during the AVDElizabeth M Jablonski
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 28223, USA
Biol Cell 98:33-42. 2006..Using thymocytes, we have investigated the expression profile and regulation of the AQP family members...
- Oestrogen-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of caveolin-1 and its effect on the oestrogen receptor localisation: an in vivo studyAnna L Kiss
Department of Human Morphology and Developmental Biology, Semmelweis University Budapest, H 1450 Budapest, Tuzolto u 58, Hungary
Mol Cell Endocrinol 245:128-37. 2005..This loss of caveolin/caveolae activates the signal cascade that triggers cell proliferation...
- Serotonin inhibits voltage-gated K+ currents in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells: role of 5-HT2A receptors, caveolin-1, and KV1.5 channel internalizationAngel Cogolludo
Department Pharmacology, School Medicine, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Circ Res 98:931-8. 2006..5 currents via phospholipase C, protein kinase C, tyrosine kinase, and a caveolae pathway. KV channel inhibition accounts, at least partly, for 5-HT-induced pulmonary vasoconstriction and might play a role in PH...
- Caveolin-1 and -2 in airway epithelium: expression and in situ association as detected by FRET-CLSMGabriela Krasteva
Institut fur Anatomie und Zellbiologie, University of Giessen Lung Center, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Germany
Respir Res 7:108. 2006..Hence, their occurrence in epithelium of the airways might be expected but, nonetheless, has not yet been examined...
- Caveolin-1 phosphorylation is required for stretch-induced EGFR and Akt activation in mesangial cellsBaifang Zhang
Division of Nephrology, McMaster University, and St Joseph s Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Cell Signal 19:1690-700. 2007..with cyclodextrin or filipin prevented Akt activation, and both EGFR and Akt activation were lost in caveolin-1 (cav-1) knockout MC. The latter was rescued with reexpression of cav-1...
- Cell selective glucocorticoid induction of caveolin-1 and caveolae in differentiating pulmonary alveolar epithelial cell culturesJaleh Barar
Cardiopulmonary Research, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 359:360-6. 2007..The cell-selective effects of glucocorticoid upon caveolin may represent a previously unrecognised mechanism by which glucocorticoids affect lung development...
- Caveolin-1 is required for the upregulation of fatty acid synthase (FASN), a tumor promoter, during prostate cancer progressionDolores Di Vizio
Urological Diseases Research Center, Children s Hopital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Enders Research Laboratories, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 6:1263-8. 2007..Here, we examine the role of caveolin-1 (Cav-1) in regulating FASN expression during prostate cancer progression...
- Caveolin-1 expression in benign and malignant lesions of the breastCornelia Liedtke
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Str, 33, 48149 Munster, Germany
World J Surg Oncol 5:110. 2007..We examined the potential clinical relevance of Caveolin-1 in normal, benign and malignant breast tissue specimens...
- Vascular microarray profiling in two models of hypertension identifies caveolin-1, Rgs2 and Rgs5 as antihypertensive targetsT Hilton Grayson
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
BMC Genomics 8:404. 2007..We studied gene expression and morphology of a saphenous artery branch in normotensive WKY rats, spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) and adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)-induced hypertensive rats...
- Slo1 caveolin-binding motif, a mechanism of caveolin-1-Slo1 interaction regulating Slo1 surface expressionAbderrahmane Alioua
Department of Anesthesiology, Brain Research Institute, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1778, USA
J Biol Chem 283:4808-17. 2008..Because the caveolin-1 scaffolding domain is juxtamembrane, it is tempting to suggest that Slo1-caveolin-1 interaction facilitates the tethering of the Slo1 C-terminal end to the membrane...
- Regulation of brain endothelial cells migration and angiogenesis by P-glycoprotein/caveolin-1 interactionStéphane Barakat
Departement de Chimie Biochimie, Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, CP 8888, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:440-6. 2008..Furthermore, decrease of P-gp expression by siRNA inhibited EC tubulogenesis. These data indicate that the level of P-gp/caveolin-1 interaction can modulate brain endothelial angiogenesis and P-gp dependent cell migration...
- Caveolin-1 and Rac regulate endothelial capillary-like tubular formation and fenestral contraction in sinusoidal endothelial cellsHiroaki Yokomori
Department of Internal Medicine, Kitasato Institute Medical Center Hospital, Kitasato University, Saitama, Japan
Liver Int 29:266-76. 2009....
- Sonic hedgehog ligand partners with caveolin-1 for intracellular transportHua Mao
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Lab Invest 89:290-300. 2009....
- Developmental iodine deficiency and hypothyroidism impair neural development, up-regulate caveolin-1 and down-regulate synaptophysin in rat hippocampusJ Gong
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
J Neuroendocrinol 22:129-39. 2010..Our findings implicate decreases in the number of surviving cells and alterations in the levels of caveolin-1 and synaptophysin in the impairments in neural development induced by developmental iodine deficiency and hypothyroidism...
- Reciprocal regulation of neu tyrosine kinase activity and caveolin-1 protein expression in vitro and in vivo. Implications for human breast cancerJ A Engelman
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 273:20448-55. 1998..Taken together, our data suggest that a novel form of reciprocal negative regulation exists between c-Neu and caveolin-1...
- Caveolin isoforms in resident and elicited rat peritoneal macrophagesA L Kiss
Department of Human Morphology and Developmental Biology, Semmelweis University of Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Cell Biol 79:343-9. 2000..Elicitation significantly increased the expression of caveolin-1, and the increased amount of caveolin-1 resulted in caveolae formation on the cell surface...
- In situ prostate cancer gene therapy using a novel adenoviral vector regulated by the caveolin-1 promoterC Pramudji
Matsunaga Conte Prostate Cancer Research Center and Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6560 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:4272-9. 2001..The mouse cav-1 promoter was cloned and placed upstream of the HSV-tk gene in an adenoviral vector (Adcav-1tk) and compared with ..
- Nerve growth factor blocks the glucose-induced down-regulation of caveolin-1 expression in Schwann cells via p75 neurotrophin receptor signalingWenbin Tan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045, USA
J Biol Chem 278:23151-62. 2003..Caveolin-1 (Cav-1) is highly expressed in adult SCs, and changes in its expression can regulate signaling through Erb B2, a co-..
- Identification of caveolin-1-interacting sites in neuronal nitric-oxide synthase. Molecular mechanism for inhibition of NO formationYuko Sato
Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:8827-36. 2004....
- Caveolin-1 gene disruption promotes mammary tumorigenesis and dramatically enhances lung metastasis in vivo. Role of Cav-1 in cell invasiveness and matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-2/9) secretionTerence M Williams
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 279:51630-46. 2004Caveolin-1 (Cav-1) is the principal structural component of caveolae membrane domains in non-muscle cells, including mammary epithelia. There is now clear evidence that caveolin-1 influences the development of human cancers...
- Epithelial growth factor-induced phosphorylation of caveolin 1 at tyrosine 14 stimulates caveolae formation in epithelial cellsLidiya Orlichenko
Center for Basic Research in Digestive Diseases and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 281:4570-9. 2006Caveolae are flask-shaped endocytic structures composed primarily of caveolin-1 (Cav1) and caveolin-2 (Cav2) proteins...
- Nitric oxide down-regulates caveolin-1 expression in rat brains during focal cerebral ischemia and reperfusion injuryJiangang Shen
School of Chinese Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Neurochem 96:1078-89. 2006..These results, when taken together, suggest that NO modulates the expression of caveolin-1 in the brain and that the loss of caveolin-1 is associated with NO production in the ischemic brain...
- Generation of survival signal by differential interaction of p38MAPKalpha and p38MAPKbeta with caveolin-1 and caveolin-3 in the adapted heartManika Das
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Connecticut, School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 1110, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:206-13. 2007....
- Redox regulation of ischemic preconditioning is mediated by the differential activation of caveolins and their association with eNOS and GLUT-4Srikanth Koneru
Molecular Cardiology and Angiogenesis Laboratory, Department of Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 1110, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2060-72. 2007..we demonstrated involvement of ROS in IP-mediated GLUT-4 translocation along with increased expression of caveolin (Cav)-3, phospho (p)-endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS), p-Akt, and decreased expression of Cav-1...
- Increased smooth muscle cell expression of caveolin-1 and caveolae contribute to the pathophysiology of idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionHemal H Patel
University of California, San Diego, Department of Pharmacology, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0636, USA
FASEB J 21:2970-9. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that PASMC from IPAH patients express more caveolin-1 (Cav-1) and caveolae, which contribute to increased capacitative Ca2+ entry (CCE) and DNA synthesis...
- Caveolin-1 regulates the delivery and endocytosis of the glutamate transporter, excitatory amino acid carrier 1Marco I Gonzalez
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4318, USA
J Biol Chem 282:29855-65. 2007..In the present study we tested the hypothesis that a structural component of lipid rafts, caveolin-1 (Cav-1), may participate in EAAC1 trafficking...
- Common variants near CAV1 and CAV2 are associated with primary open-angle glaucomaGudmar Thorleifsson
deCODE Genetics Inc, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 42:906-9. 2010..42, P = 0.0021). The risk variant identified here is located close to CAV1 and CAV2, both of which are expressed in the trabecular meshwork and retinal ganglion cells that are involved in ..
- Ceramide displaces cholesterol from lipid rafts and decreases the association of the cholesterol binding protein caveolin-1Cuijuan Yu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
J Lipid Res 46:1678-91. 2005..ceramide rapidly depleted lipid raft cholesterol, the levels of the cholesterol binding protein caveolin-1 (Cav-1) decreased by 25% only after 8 h...
- Expression of caveolin-1, -2, and -3 in the spinal cords of Lewis rats with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisTaekyun Shin
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Cheju National University, Jeju 690 756, South Korea
J Neuroimmunol 165:11-20. 2005..Taking all the findings into consideration, we postulate that the expression levels of each caveolin begin to increase when EAE is initiated, possibly contributing to the modulation of signal transduction pathways in the affected cells...
- Downmodulation of caveolin-1 expression in human ovarian carcinoma is directly related to alpha-folate receptor overexpressionM Bagnoli
Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Oncogene 19:4754-63. 2000Caveolin (cav-1) and the GPI-anchored alpha-folate receptor (alphaFR) are membrane proteins both found associated to caveolar structures...
- Invasion activating caveolin-1 mutation in human scirrhous breast cancersK Hayashi
Department of Molecular Pathogenesis, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer Res 61:2361-4. 2001..These results provide, for the first time, genetic evidence that a functioning Caveolin-1 mutation may have a role in the malignant progression of human breast cancer...
- ATP dependence of the SNARE/caveolin 1 interaction in the hippocampusJohanna M Magga
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Neuroscience Research Group, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 291:1232-8. 2002..While caveolin has been associated with cholesterol transport, signal transduction, and transcytosis, this study provides evidence that caveolin is also a SNARE accessory protein...
- Endothelin-1 activates mesangial cell ERK1/2 via EGF-receptor transactivation and caveolin-1 interactionHong Hua
Institute of Medical Science, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 284:F303-12. 2003..Hence, ET-1 activates mesangial cell ERK1/2 predominantly through a pathway involving EGF-R transactivation, leading to a mechanism involving attachment to caveolin-1, presumably in caveolae...
- Dynamic and regulated association of caveolin with lipid bodies: modulation of lipid body motility and function by a dominant negative mutantAlbert Pol
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis, and School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, Queensland 4072, Australia
Mol Biol Cell 15:99-110. 2004..We now show that the cavDGV mutant inhibits microtubule-dependent LB motility and blocks the reversal of lipid accumulation in LBs...
- Characterization of membrane rafts isolated from rat sertoli cell cultures: caveolin and flotillin-1 contentWilliam E Evans
Department of Biology, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA
J Androl 24:812-21. 2003..Similar experiments showed a more ubiquitous, stage-specific distribution of flotillin-1 among testicular cell types...
- Impact of caveolin-1 expression on clinicopathological parameters in renal cell carcinomaAkio Horiguchi
Department of Urology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa City, Saitama, Japan
J Urol 172:718-22. 2004..We evaluated caveolin-1 expression in renal cell carcinoma and investigated its association with pathological features and clinical outcome...
- Caveolin-1 inhibits breast cancer growth and metastasisErica K Sloan
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
Oncogene 23:7893-7. 2004..This study provides the first functional evidence that caveolin-1 regulates primary breast tumor growth and spontaneous metastasis of breast cancer...
- Caveolin-1 facilitates mechanosensitive protein kinase B (Akt) signaling in vitro and in vivoDaniel G Sedding
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, Giessen University, Giessen, Germany
Circ Res 96:635-42. 2005..Our study provides evidence that PI3-K/Akt is critically involved in mechanotransduction of VSMC in vitro and within the vasculature in vivo. Furthermore, caveolin-1 is essential for the integrin-mediated activation of PI3-K/Akt...
- Nuclear localizing anti-DNA antibodies enter cells via caveoli and modulate expression of caveolin and p53Kumiko Yanase
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6144, USA
J Autoimmun 24:145-51. 2005..The novel mechanism of cellular perturbation is indirect and dependent on apoptotic stimuli, and it may account for the presence of intranuclear antibodies in inflammatory and normal tissues of individuals with lupus...
- Caveolin-1 expression by means of p38beta mitogen-activated protein kinase mediates the antiproliferative effect of carbon monoxideHong Pyo Kim
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11319-24. 2005..Thus, we demonstrate that CO, by activating p38beta MAPK, up-regulates caveolin-1, which acts as a tumor suppressor protein that mediates the growth inhibitory properties of this gas...
- Caveolin regulates microtubule polymerization in the vascular smooth muscle cellsJun ichi Kawabe
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 342:164-9. 2006..Accordingly, it is most likely that caveolin increased the polymer form of microtubule through the inhibition of a microtubule destabilizer, stathmin, suggesting a novel role of caveolin in regulating cellular network and trafficking...
- Immunohistochemical study of caveolin-1 and -2 in the rat retinaHeechul Kim
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Cheju National University, Jeju 690 756, Korea
J Vet Sci 7:101-4. 2006..This is the first demonstration of caveolin differential expression in the retina of rats, and suggests that caveolin plays an important role in signal transduction in glial cells and neuronal cells...
- Caveolin-1 deficiency increases cerebral ischemic injuryJean Francois Jasmin
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Circ Res 100:721-9. 2007Caveolins (Cav), the principal structural proteins of the caveolar domains, have been implicated in the pathogenesis of ischemic injury...
- Expression of sex hormone-binding globulin, oxytocin receptor, caveolin-1 and p21 in leiomyomaAynur Sendemir
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, HELIOS Klinikum Erfurt, Erfurt, Germany
Gynecol Endocrinol 24:105-12. 2008..Also, a close functional interaction of OTR and caveolin-1 has been shown to modulate cell growth and proliferation...
- Caveolin-1 down-regulation inhibits insulin-like growth factor-I receptor signal transduction in H9C2 rat cardiomyoblastsBarbara Salani
Department of Endocrinology and Medicine, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, University of Genova, 5 16132, Genova, Italy
Endocrinology 149:461-5. 2008Caveolin (Cav)-1, the major caveolar protein, directly interacts with IGF-I receptor (IGF-IR) and its intracellular substrates...
- Caveolin-1 and -2 interact with connexin43 and regulate gap junctional intercellular communication in keratinocytesStephanie Langlois
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A 5C1, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 19:912-28. 2008Connexin43 (Cx43) has been reported to interact with caveolin (Cav)-1, but the role of this association and whether other members of the caveolin family bind Cx43 had yet to be established...
- Decreased expression of caveolin 1 in patients with systemic sclerosis: crucial role in the pathogenesis of tissue fibrosisFrancesco Del Galdo
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Arthritis Rheum 58:2854-65. 2008Recent studies have implicated caveolin 1 in the regulation of transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) downstream signaling...
- Regulation of caveolin-1 membrane trafficking by the Na/K-ATPaseTing Cai
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Toledo College of Medicine, Health Science Campus, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
J Cell Biol 182:1153-69. 2008Here, we show that the Na/K-ATPase interacts with caveolin-1 (Cav1) and regulates Cav1 trafficking...
- The regulation of the cardiac potassium channel (HERG) by caveolin-1Jijin Lin
Department of Cardiology, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Guangdong Provincial Cardiovascular Institute, 96 Dongchuan Road, Guangzhou 510080, China
Biochem Cell Biol 86:405-15. 2008..The finding from this study clearly demonstrates the regulatory role of caveolin-1 on HERG channels, and may help to understand biochemical events leading to arrhythmogenesis in the long QT syndrome in cardiac patients...
- Caveolin-1 activates Rab5 and enhances endocytosis through direct interactionMakoto Hagiwara
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Graduate School of Agriculture, Tokyo University of Agriculture, 1 1 1 Sakuragaoka, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 8502, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 378:73-8. 2009..The results showed that overexpression of the Rab5 binding domain of caveolin-1 increase the amount of Rab5-GTP in Cos-1 cells. These findings imply that caveolin-1 controls the Rab5 activity during the caveolae-mediated endocytosis...
- Expression of endothelial phosphorylated caveolin-1 is increased in brain injuryS Nag
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Canada
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 35:417-26. 2009..Increased expression of caveolin-1alpha (Cav-1), an integral caveolar membrane protein, was reported in endothelium of arterioles and veins with BBB breakdown ..
- Phosphorylation of caveolin-1 regulates oxidant-induced pulmonary vascular permeability via paracellular and transcellular pathwaysYu Sun
Department of Pharmacology m c 868, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Circ Res 105:676-85, 15 p following 685. 2009..Oxidants are important signaling molecules known to increase endothelial permeability, although the mechanisms underlying permeability regulation are not clear...
- Lipid droplet analysis in caveolin-deficient adipocytes: alterations in surface phospholipid composition and maturation defectsCédric M Blouin
Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, INSERM, U872, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, France
J Lipid Res 51:945-56. 2010..Altogether, these data demonstrate that the lipid droplet-caveolin pool impacts on phospholipid and protein surface composition of lipid droplets and suggest a functional role on lipid droplet expandability...
- Effect of Dachengqi decoction on NF-kappaB p65 expression in lung of rats with partial intestinal obstruction and the underlying mechanismShenglan Yang
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430022, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 30:217-21. 2010....
- [Mechanisms of foam cell formation in smooth muscle cell derived from bone marrow stem cells]Peng Ke Yan
The Third Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510150, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:1250-2. 2010..To establish a model of smooth muscle cells differentiated from bone mesenchymal stem cells (BMSC-SMCs) in vitro and explore the relationship between scavenger receptors A (SR-A) and caveolin-1...
- Global gene expression profiling and tissue microarray reveal novel candidate genes and down-regulation of the tumor suppressor gene CAV1 in sporadic vestibular schwannomasMads Aarhus
Centre for Medical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Neurosurgery 67:998-1019; discussion 1019. 2010..The vestibular nerve is the predilection site for schwannomas. Few transcriptomic studies have been performed on solely sporadic vestibular schwannomas (VSs)...
- Static pressure accelerates ox-LDL-induced cholesterol accumulation via SREBP-1-mediated caveolin-1 downregulation in cultured vascular smooth muscle cellsDi Xian Luo
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutics, Central South University, Changsha 410083, Hunan, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 403:52-8. 2010..To investigate the effect of static pressure on cholesterol accumulation in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) and its mechanism...
- Estrogen- and xenoestrogen-induced ERK signaling in pituitary tumor cells involves estrogen receptor-α interactions with G protein-αi and caveolin ICheryl S Watson
Dept of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Univ of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0645, USA
Steroids 77:424-32. 2012..An ERα/β antagonist (ICI182780) and a selective disruptor of caveolar structures (nystatin) blocked estrogen-induced ERK activation...
- Environmental Estrogens Acting via a Membrane ReceptorCHERYL WATSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Nongenomic Signaling Mechanisms of Environmental EstrogensCheryl S Watson; Fiscal Year: 2011..breast and pituitary cancers, infertility) must be understood so that exposures can be limited to safe levels. ..
- TRANSGENIC/KNOCKOUT ANIMALS IN MYOCARDIAL PRESERVATIONDIPAK DAS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of this proposed research will hopefully increase our understanding of redox regulation by Trx/Grx in the ischemic myocardium. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHOSPHOLIPID SIGNALING IN MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURYDIPAK DAS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MYOCARDIAL PRESERVATION DURING ISCHEMIC ARRESTDIPAK DAS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ischemic heart disease represent the major cardiovascular related problems. Straitegies to reduce ischemic injury should improve the heart health leading to the reduction of death due to heart diseases. ..
- Feedback and Hormonal Regulation of Hepatic HMG-CoA ReductaseGENE CHARLES NESS; Fiscal Year: 2010....