Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Calcr
Description: calcitonin receptor
Alias: calcitonin receptor, C1A/C1B, CT-R
- Receptor activity-modifying proteins differentially modulate the G protein-coupling efficiency of amylin receptorsMaria Morfis
Drug Discovery Biology Laboratory, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Department of Pharmacology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Endocrinology 149:5423-31. 2008..Specific RAMP interaction with the calcitonin receptor (CTR) generates novel and distinct receptors for the peptide amylin; however, the role of RAMPs in receptor ..
- Calmodulin interacts with the cytoplasmic tails of the parathyroid hormone 1 receptor and a sub-set of class b G-protein coupled receptorsMatthew J Mahon
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Blossom Street, Wellman 501, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
FEBS Lett 579:803-7. 2005..Fluphenazine, a calmodulin antagonist, enhances PTH-mediated accumulation of total inositol phosphates, suggesting that calmodulin regulates signaling via phospholipase C...
- Association between osteoporosis and polymorphisms of the bone Gla protein, estrogen receptor 1, collagen 1-A1 and calcitonin receptor genes in Turkish postmenopausal womenSengul Tural
Ondokuz Mayis University, Faculty of Medicine, Dept of Medical Biology and Genetics, Samsun, Turkey
Gene 515:167-72. 2013..BGLAP) -298 C>T, estrogen receptor 1 (ER1) 397 T>C, collagen type1 alpha 1 (Col1A1) 2046 G>T and calcitonin receptor (CALCR) 1340 T>C polymorphisms...
- Decline in calcitonin receptor expression in osteocytes with ageJonathan H Gooi
St Vincent s Institute, and Department of Medicine, at St Vincent s Hospital, The University of Melbourne, 9 Princes Street, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia Nordic Bioscience Inc, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Endocrinol 221:181-91. 2014..Furthermore, while CT receptor (CTR) mRNA (Calcr) was readily detected in GFP+ osteocytes isolated from young (3-week-old) DMP1-GFP mice, Calcr levels in ..
- A novel oral dual amylin and calcitonin receptor agonist (KBP-042) exerts antiobesity and antidiabetic effects in ratsKim V Andreassen
Nordic Bioscience, Herlev, Denmark and
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 307:E24-33. 2014The present study investigated a novel oral dual amylin and calcitonin receptor agonist (DACRA), KBP-042, in head-to-head comparison with salmon calcitonin (sCT) with regard to in vitro receptor pharmacology, ex vivo pancreatic islet ..
- The calcitonin receptor gene is a candidate for regulation of susceptibility to herpes simplex type 1 neuronal infection leading to encephalitis in ratNada Abdelmagid
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Neuroimmunology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002753. 2012..mapping and sequencing, as well as expression analysis of all genes in the interval identified the calcitonin receptor gene (Calcr) as the main candidate, which also is supported by functional studies...
- Divergent structural requirements exist for calcitonin receptor binding specificity and adenylate cyclase activationS Houssami
St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Mol Pharmacol 47:798-809. 1995..In general, reduction in the ability of sCT analogues to form helix structures had a greater impact on the potency of the analogues in competition for 125I-sCT binding than in cAMP accumulation.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- A new calcitonin-receptor-like sequence in rat pulmonary blood vesselsF Njuki
Department of Chemical Pathology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, U K
Clin Sci (Lond) 85:385-8. 1993..One of these does not have the distribution expected of a calcitonin receptor. It is widely distributed, with extremely high levels of expression in the lung, where it is associated ..
- Molecular cloning of two receptors from rat brain with high affinity for salmon calcitoninK Albrandt
Department of Pharmacology, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121
FEBS Lett 325:225-32. 1993..Tissue distribution studies revealed C1a transcript in rat brain, skeletal muscle, kidney and lung, whereas C1b was predominantly found in brain...
- Identification of brain isoforms of the rat calcitonin receptorP M Sexton
St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 7:815-21. 1993Two rat calcitonin receptor isoforms have been identified by cDNA cloning from a hypothalamic library. The clones, C1a and C1b, specified proteins of 478 and 515 amino acids, respectively...
- Ontogeny of calcitonin receptor mRNA and protein in the developing central nervous system of the ratMary Tolcos
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Heidelberg West, Victoria 3081, Australia
J Comp Neurol 456:29-38. 2003..These studies indicate a role for CTR in the activation of some premigratory neuroblasts in the CNS as well as a possible role later in an undefined function associated with mature neurons of particular nuclei...
- Calcitonin receptor isoforms expressed in the developing rat kidneyChristos Tikellis
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Repatriation Campus, Heidelberg West, Victoria, Australia
Kidney Int 63:416-26. 2003..The expression of calcitonin receptor (CTR) isoforms C1a and C1b in this context has not previously been described...
- Peripheral amylin activates circumventricular organs expressing calcitonin receptor a/b subtypes and receptor-activity modifying proteins in the ratStephan W Barth
Federal Research Centre for Nutrition, Institute of Nutritional Physiology, Haid und Neu Str 9, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Brain Res 997:97-102. 2004..AMY and sCT also activated AP neurons, which express the CT((a)), but not the CT((b)), receptor and RAMP2/3 mRNA. These data emphasize the important role of these structures as primary targets for circulating AMY...
- Immunohistochemical mapping of calcitonin receptors in the adult rat brainCsilla Becskei
Institute of Veterinary Physiology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 260, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Brain Res 1030:221-33. 2004..Our detailed mapping of the CTR in the rat brain has identified CTR-positive cells that will be important for subsequent characterization of behavioral functions associated with the actions of CT-related peptides...