Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bmp4
Description: bone morphogenetic protein 4
Alias: BOMPR4A, bone morphogenetic protein 4, BMP-2B, BMP-4, bone morphogenetic protein 2B
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- The role of β-catenin signaling pathway on proliferation of rats neural stem cells after hyperbaric oxygen therapy in vitroXiao Ying Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, People s Republic of China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:101-9. 2011....
- Recombinant bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-2 regulates costochondral growth plate chondrocytes and induces expression of BMP-2 and BMP-4 in a cell maturation-dependent mannerD M Erickson
Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Orthop Res 15:371-80. 1997..Resting-zone chondrocytes were more sensitive, suggesting that they are targeted by bone morphogenetic protein-2 and that this growth factor may have autocrine effects on these cells...
- Patterning of spinal cord oligodendrocyte development by dorsally derived BMP4Robert H Miller
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci Res 76:9-19. 2004..We show that during the initial appearance and subsequent maturation of OPCs, BMP4 was expressed specifically in the dorsal midline and its expression was correlated spatially and temporally with ..
- Bone morphogenetic proteins promote gliosis in demyelinating spinal cord lesionsMolly L Fuller
Department of Neurosciences and Center for Translational Neuroscience, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Ann Neurol 62:288-300. 2007..To determine the role of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) in stimulating glial scar formation in demyelinating lesions of the adult spinal cord...
- Haploinsufficient Bmp4 ocular phenotypes include anterior segment dysgenesis with elevated intraocular pressureB Chang
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA
BMC Genet 2:18. 2001..Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) participate in various developmental processes. We tested the importance of Bmp4 gene dosage for ocular development and developmental glaucoma.
- Identification of new thyroid hormone-regulated genes in rat brain neuronal culturesJulie Martel
Laboratory of Human Genetics, Laval University Medical Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Neuroreport 13:1849-51. 2002..Our findings enrich our knowledge of signaling pathways regulated by thyroid hormones and open new avenues for studying the molecular mechanisms of thyroid hormones in the developing brain...
- In vivo bone formation in fracture repair induced by direct retroviral-based gene therapy with bone morphogenetic protein-4Charles H Rundle
Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry, Loma Linda University, and the Jerry L Pettis Memorial VA Medical Center, 11201 Benton Street, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Bone 32:591-601. 2003....
- Sonic hedgehog, BMP4, and Hox genes in the development of anorectal malformations in Ethylenethiourea-exposed fetal ratsParkash Mandhan
Department of Paediatric and Surgery, Children s Cancer and Developmental Genetic Research Group, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Pediatr Surg 41:2041-5. 2006..In this study, we investigated the expression of shh and its targets, BMP4 and Hox genes, in the development of anorectal malformations in Ethylenethiourea (ETU)-exposed embryos.
- The role of bone morphogenetic protein 4 in inner ear development and functionMarsha N Blauwkamp
Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, 2966 Taubman Medical Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0619, USA
Hear Res 225:71-9. 2007b>Bone Morphogenetic Protein 4 (BMP4) is a member of the TGF-beta superfamily and is known to be important for the normal development of many tissues and organs, including the inner ear...
- Busulfan-induced central polydactyly, syndactyly and cleft hand or foot: a common mechanism of disruption leads to divergent phenotypesTakuji Naruse
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 49:533-41. 2007..carried out whole mount in situ hybridization for fibroblast growth factor-8 (Fgf8), bone morphogenetic protein-4 (Bmp4), and sonic hedgehog (Shh) to examine developmental pathways linked to these defects...
- Association of bone morphogenetic proteins with otosclerosisIsabelle Schrauwen
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
J Bone Miner Res 23:507-16. 2008..We found significant association in both populations with BMP2 and BMP4, implicating these two genes in the pathogenesis of this disease.
- The zinc transporter SLC39A13/ZIP13 is required for connective tissue development; its involvement in BMP/TGF-beta signaling pathwaysToshiyuki Fukada
Laboratory for Cytokine Signaling, RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
PLoS ONE 3:e3642. 2008..Zinc (Zn) is an essential trace element and it is abundant in connective tissues, however biological roles of Zn and its transporters in those tissues and cells remain unknown...
- The influence of sex on the chondrogenic potential of muscle-derived stem cells: implications for cartilage regeneration and repairTomoyuki Matsumoto
Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 2582, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:3809-19. 2008..To explore possible differences in muscle-derived stem cell (MDSC) chondrogenic differentiation in vitro and articular cartilage regeneration in vivo between murine male MDSCs (M-MDSCs) and female MDSCs (F-MDSCs)...
- BMP4 mediates oxidative stress-induced retinal pigment epithelial cell senescence and is overexpressed in age-related macular degenerationDanHong Zhu
Arnold and Mabel Beckman Macular Research Center, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9529-39. 2009....
- Cartilage repair in a rat model of osteoarthritis through intraarticular transplantation of muscle-derived stem cells expressing bone morphogenetic protein 4 and soluble Flt-1Tomoyuki Matsumoto
Stem Cell Research Center, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, and University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 2582, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:1390-405. 2009....
- A predicted functional single-nucleotide polymorphism of bone morphogenetic protein-4 gene affects mRNA expression and shows a significant association with cutaneous melanoma in Southern Italian populationMario Capasso
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:1799-807. 2009An altered expression of bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) has been found in malignant melanoma cells...
- Evaluation of differentially expressed genes identified in keratoconusJi Eun Lee
The Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea
Mol Vis 15:2480-7. 2009..To identify the differentially expressed genes (DEGs) in the human keratocytes in keratoconus...
- Identification of early response genes and pathway activated by androgens in the initial segment and caput regions of the regressed rat epididymisMahsa Hamzeh
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G1Y6
Endocrinology 151:4504-14. 2010..Among the genes that showed a dramatic early response to DHT were endothelin 1 (Edn1), bone morphogenetic protein 4 (Bmp4), and IGF binding protein 3 (Igfbp3), which were suppressed, and IGF-I (Igf1), which was induced...
- T allele at site 6007 of bone morphogenetic protein-4 gene increases genetic susceptibility to ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament in male Chinese Han populationXiang long Meng
Department of Orthopaedics, Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:2537-42. 2010..Bone morphogenetic protein-4 (BMP4) is a potent ectopic ossification inducing factor...
- Transcriptional regulation of bone morphogenetic protein 4 by tumor necrosis factor and its relationship with age-related macular degenerationJing Xu
Neuroscience Graduate Program, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
FASEB J 25:2221-33. 2011Bone morphogenetic protein-4 (BMP4) may be involved in the molecular switch that determines which late form of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) an individual develops...
- Canonical Wnt signalling requires the BMP pathway to inhibit oligodendrocyte maturationKeith Feigenson
Department of Neurology, Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, U S A
ASN Neuro 3:e00061. 2011..We use pharmacological and genetic paradigms to show that both Wnt3a and BMP4 will inhibit OL differentiation in vitro...
- Expression of bone morphogenetic proteins and their receptors in the normal adult rat spinal cordGuixiu Yuan
Department of Anesthesiology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 36:662-70. 2011..To observe the expression distribution of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMP) in the spinal cord of normal adult rats...
- Prenatal exposure to di-n-butyl phthalate induces anorectal malformations in male rat offspringJun Tao Jiang
Department of Urology, Shanghai First People s Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, 85 Wujin Road, Shanghai 200080, China
Toxicology 290:322-6. 2011..of controls with accompanying reduced expression of androgen receptor (AR), sonic hedgehog (Shh) and bone morphogenetic protein 4 (Bmp4) mRNA from tissues of the terminal rectum...
- Aldosterone inhibits antifibrotic factors in mouse hypertensive heartFeriel Azibani
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U942 and Université Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Hypertension 59:1179-87. 2012..Interestingly, in AS-Ren mice the hypertension-induced increase in bone morphogenetic protein 4 mRNA and protein levels was significantly inhibited, and B-type natriuretic peptide expression was ..
- The mutation in Chd7 causes misexpression of Bmp4 and developmental defects in telencephalic midlineXuan Jiang
Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study of Ministry of Education, Model Animal Research Center, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Am J Pathol 181:626-41. 2012..Interestingly, expression of Bmp4, a signal well known to induce forebrain midline cell fate and apoptosis, was down-regulated and also expanded in ..
- Effect of hyperbaric oxygen on neurological recovery of neonatal rats following hypoxic-ischemic brain damage and its underlying mechanismXiaojuan Yin
Affiliated Bayi Children s Hospital, Beijing Military Region General Hospital No 5, Nan Mencang, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100700, PR China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:66-75. 2013..To investigate the mechanism underlying the effect of hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) on hypoxic/ischemic brain damage (HIBD) in a neonatal rat model...
- NMDA receptors are involved in the regulation of BMP4-mediated survival in rat cochlear epithelial cellsJunming Chen
Department of Otolaryngology, The First People s Hospital of Foshan, Foshan 528000, PR China
Neurosci Lett 566:275-9. 2014Bone morphogenic protein (BMP4) and the N-methyl-d-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor both participate in the regulation of cochlear sensory epithelial cell survival...
- Bone morphogenic protein-4-induced oxidant signaling via protein carbonylation for endothelial dysfunctionChi Ming Wong
Institute of Vascular Medicine and Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China Electronic address
Free Radic Biol Med 75:178-90. 2014....
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 inhibits insulin secretion from rodent beta cells through regulation of calbindin1 expression and reduced voltage-dependent calcium currentsGitte L Christensen
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Nørre Allé 20, 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetologia 58:1282-90. 2015..b>Bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) expression is increased in diabetic animals and BMP4 reduces glucose-stimulated insulin ..
- Effect of Diabetes Mellitus on Adipocyte-Derived Stem Cells in RatMedet Jumabay
Division of Cardiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California
J Cell Physiol 230:2821-8. 2015..Previous reports suggest that bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) is involved in diabetic complications, at the same time playing an important role in the ..
- Expression of BMP-2 and BMP-4 proteins by type-1 and type-2 astrocytes induced from neural stem cells under different differentiation conditionsJian Guo Hu
Central Laboratory, the First Affiliated Hospital of Bengbu Medical College, PR China
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 72:95-101. 2012..This suggests that the astrocytes might be one source of BMPs during the differentiation of NSCs. However, in our model, we cannot exclude the possibility that microglia or endothelial cells could also be a source of BMPs...
- Bcl-2 increases stroke-induced striatal neurogenesis in adult brains by inhibiting BMP-4 function via activation of β-catenin signalingZhi Nian Lei
Department of Neurobiology and Institute for Biomedical Science, State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Neurochem Int 61:34-42. 2012..These findings highlight a new regulatory mechanism that Bcl-2 elevates ischemia-induced striatal neurogenesis by down-regulating expression of BMP-4 via activation of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in adult rat brains...
- Differential modulation of the oligodendrocyte transcriptome by sonic hedgehog and bone morphogenetic protein 4 via opposing effects on histone acetylationMuzhou Wu
Department of Neuroscience, Friedman Brain Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Neurosci 32:6651-64. 2012..In this study, we analyze the effect that the extracellular ligands sonic hedgehog (Shh) and bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4), have on histone acetylation and gene expression in cultured OPCs...
- Delayed myelination in an intrauterine growth retardation model is mediated by oxidative stress upregulating bone morphogenetic protein 4Mary V Reid
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 71:640-53. 2012..b>Bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4), which inhibits oligodendrocyte maturation, was elevated in IUGR brains at postnatal time points ..
- Bone morphogenic protein-4 induces endothelial cell apoptosis through oxidative stress-dependent p38MAPK and JNK pathwayXiao Yu Tian
Institute of Vascular Medicine, Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, School of Biomedical Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:237-44. 2012The expression of bone morphogenic protein 4 (BMP4), a new pro-inflammatory marker, is increased by disturbed flow in endothelial cells (ECs)...
- Palmitate promotes the paracrine effects of macrophages on vascular smooth muscle cells: the role of bone morphogenetic proteinsJi Hyung Chung
Cardiovascular Product Evaluation Center, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Yonsei University Health System, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 7:e29100. 2012..When stimulated with palmitate, RAW264.7 cells secreted more bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)2 and BMP4 into the cell culture media...
- Epigenomic silencing of the BMP-4 gene in pituitary adenomas: a potential target for epidrug-induced re-expressionKiren Yacqub-Usman
Human Disease and Genomics Group, Institute of Science and Technology in Medicine, School of Medicine, Keele University, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire ST4 7QB, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 153:3603-12. 2012..These studies show that, in contrast to prolactinomas, other adenoma subtypes show reduced expression of BMP-4 where epidrug induced reexpression, alone or in combination with conventional therapies, may offer new treatment strategies...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 mediates estrogen-regulated sensory axon plasticity in the adult female reproductive tractAritra Bhattacherjee
Institute for Neurological Discoveries, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Neurosci 33:1050-61a. 2013..Submucosal smooth muscle cells express bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4). With low estrogen, BMP4 expression was elevated, indicating negative regulation by this hormone...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4, inhibitor of differentiation 1, and epidermal growth factor receptor regulate the survival of cochlear sensory epithelial cellsJunming Chen
Department of Otolaryngology, Sun Yat sen Memorial Hospital of Yat sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Neurosci Res 91:515-26. 2013b>Bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) is crucial for the development of the inner ear, but the mechanism of how BMP4 affects this process remains unknown...
- Changes in homeobox-containing gene expression during ectopic bone formation induced by bone morphogenetic proteinT Iimura
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 201:980-7. 1994..The PCR study provided evidence of dynamic changes in BMP-induced homeobox gene expression...
- Cloning and sequence of bone morphogenetic protein 4 cDNA from fetal rat calvarial cellD Chen
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio 78284 7877
Biochim Biophys Acta 1174:289-92. 1993A cDNA clone encoding bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP 4) has been isolated from a primary fetal rat calvarial cell cDNA library. Sequencing of this clone has revealed a single open reading frame encoding a 408 amino acid protein...
- Modulation of expression and cell surface binding of members of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily during retinoic acid-induced osteoblastic differentiation of multipotential mesenchymal cellsD Gazit
Department of Growth and Development, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0640
Mol Endocrinol 7:189-98. 1993..These data also establish the C26 and 10T1/2 cell lines as convenient in vitro model systems for exploring the autoregulation of osteogenic differentiation by members of the TGF beta superfamily...
- Overexpression of an osteogenic morphogen in fibrodysplasia ossificans progressivaA B Shafritz
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School ofMedicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
N Engl J Med 335:555-61. 1996....
- Spatial expression of Sonic hedgehog in the lung epithelium during branching morphogenesisK Urase
Division of Development and Differentiation, National Institute of Neuroscience, NCNP, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 225:161-6. 1996..On the other hand, Bmp-4, one of the target genes of Shh, was also specifically expressed in the epithelium at the branching point. These results suggest that Shh and Bmp-4 are involved in the branching morphogenesis of lung epithelium...
- Mechanical tension-stress induces expression of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-2 and BMP-4, but not BMP-6, BMP-7, and GDF-5 mRNA, during distraction osteogenesisM Sato
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 14:1084-95. 1999..Abundant gene products of BMP-2 and BMP-4 could induce in situ bone formation by paracrine and autocrine mechanisms...
- Expression of bone morphogenetic proteins and rat distal-less homolog genes following rat femoral fractureH Yaoita
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Bone Miner Metab 18:63-70. 2000....
- Loss of transgelin in breast and colon tumors and in RIE-1 cells by Ras deregulation of gene expression through Raf-independent pathwaysJaniel M Shields
Department of Pharmacology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 277:9790-9. 2002..We conclude that loss of transgelin gene expression may be an important early event in tumor progression and a diagnostic marker for breast and colon cancer development...
- BMP4 modulates fibroblast growth factor-mediated induction of proximal and distal lung differentiation in mouse embryonic tracheal epithelium in mesenchyme-free cultureBrian A Hyatt
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Dev Dyn 225:153-65. 2002..and mesenchyme, which is mediated by diffusible molecules such as fibroblast growth factors (FGFs), bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4), and Shh...
- Subtype-specific regulation of receptor internalization and recycling by the carboxyl-terminal domains of the human A1 and rat A3 adenosine receptors: consequences for agonist-stimulated translocation of arrestin3Gail Ferguson
Molecular Pharmacology Group, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Biochemistry 41:14748-61. 2002..In the case of the rat A(3)AR, sensitivity to GRK-mediated internalization appears to be regulated in part by the integrity of putative palmitate attachment sites upstream of its GRK phosphoacceptor sites...
- Signaling by bone morphogenetic proteins and Smad1 modulates the postnatal differentiation of cerebellar cellsCatherine Angley
Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4965, USA
J Neurosci 23:260-8. 2003..Immunohistochemistry and Western blots showed that Smad1 and BMP4 proteins are present in the cerebellum, and that their expression also changes postnatally...
- Involvement of bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP-4) in pituitary prolactinoma pathogenesis through a Smad/estrogen receptor crosstalkMarcelo Paez-Pereda
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1034-9. 2003..This previously undescribed prolactinoma pathogenesis mechanism may participate in tumorigenicity in other cells where estrogens and the type beta transforming growth factor family have important roles...
- Enhancement of fibronectin synthesis and fibrillogenesis by BMP-4 in cultured rat osteoblastChih Hsin Tang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Bone Miner Res 18:502-11. 2003..ERK is involved in the signaling pathway of BMP-4 in regulating Fn fibrillogenesis in osteoblasts...
- Altered gene expression during rat Wolffian duct development in response to in utero exposure to the antiandrogen linuronKatie J Turner
CIIT Centers for Health Research, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 2137, USA
Toxicol Sci 74:114-28. 2003..The EGF, Notch, IGF-1, BMP4, and FGF signaling pathways may be involved in normal testosterone-mediated development of the Wolffian duct.
- Novel candidate targets of beta-catenin/T-cell factor signaling identified by gene expression profiling of ovarian endometrioid adenocarcinomasDonald R Schwartz
Department of Pathology, College of Literature Science and the Arts, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0638, USA
Cancer Res 63:2913-22. 2003..05). Seven of the 81 genes have been previously reported as Wnt/beta-cat pathway targets (i.e., BMP4, CCND1, CD44, FGF9, EPHB3, MMP7, and MSX2)...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-4 acts as an ovarian follicle survival factor and promotes primordial follicle developmentEric E Nilsson
Center for Reproductive Biology, School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 4231, USA
Biol Reprod 69:1265-72. 2003..Taken together, these data suggest that BMP-4 plays an important role in promoting the survival and development of primordial follicles in the neonatal ovary...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 mediates apoptosis of capillary endothelial cells during rat pupillary membrane regressionMari Kiyono
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 23:4627-36. 2003..of HUVE cells and inhibited endothelial tubulogenesis, which were completely blocked by both Noggin and the BMP4-specific neutralizing antibody...
- Spatial and temporal patterns of expression of Noggin and BMP4 in embryonic and postnatal rat hippocampusXiaotang Fan
Department of Neurobiology, The Third Military Medical University, 30 Gaotanyan Street, Chongqing 400038, PR China
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 146:51-8. 2003Recent studies indicate that bone morphogenetic protein-4 (BMP4) and Noggin not only play an important role in the early development of the nervous system, but may also play a role in postnatal central nervous system (CNS) development...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2 and -4 limit the number of enteric neurons but promote development of a TrkC-expressing neurotrophin-3-dependent subsetALCMENE CHALAZONITIS
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 24:4266-82. 2004..BMP-2 and/or BMP-4 thus limit the size of the ENS but promote the development of specific subsets of enteric neurons, including those that express TrkC...
- Structural and functional healing of critical-size segmental bone defects by transduced muscle-derived cells expressing BMP4Hsain Chung Shen
Growth and Development Laboratory, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2583, USA
J Gene Med 6:984-91. 2004..cells, including a population of muscle stem cells, transduced with a retroviral vector expressing bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) can improve the healing of critical-size calvarial defects...
- Localization of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs)-2, -4, and -6 within megakaryocytes and plateletsJoseph B Sipe
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Bone 35:1316-22. 2004..Also, excess local release of BMPs may provide an explanation for the bone overgrowth (osteosclerosis) seen in human patients suffering from a type of myelogenous leukemia characterized by increased numbers of marrow megakaryocytes...
- Expression and purification of biologically active rat bone morphogenetic protein-4 produced as inclusion bodies in recombinant Escherichia coliBurkhard Klösch
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology, Donaueschingenstrasse 13, 1200, Vienna, Austria
Biotechnol Lett 27:1559-64. 2005..5 through the addition of bovine serum albumin. Both, rrBMP-4 dimer and polymer were biologically active as tested by the induction of alkaline phosphatase activity in MC3T3-E1 cells...
- Intrinsic and extrinsic inhibition of oligodendrocyte development by rat retinaLimin Gao
Department of Neurosciences, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Dev Biol 290:277-86. 2006..These data combined with the proposed inhibition of OPC migration by molecules selectively expressed at the nerve retina junction suggest that multiple mechanisms combine to suppress retinal myelination during development...
- Dual odontogenic origins develop at the early stage of rat maxillary incisor developmentRungarun Kriangkrai
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Henri Dunant Road, 10330, Bangkok, Thailand
Anat Embryol (Berl) 211:101-8. 2006..Thus, we conclude that maxillary incisor and mandibular molar share a similar signaling control of Fgf-8, Pitx-2, Shh, Msx-1, Pax-9 and Bmp-4 genes at the stage of oral epithelial thickening to the early bud stage of tooth development...
- Gene expression pathways induced by axotomy and decentralization of rat superior cervical ganglion neuronsArianna Del Signore
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Universita La Sapienza, Piazzale A Moro, 5, 00185 Roma, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 23:65-74. 2006..proteins, for modulators of neurite outgrowth (thrombin receptor, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, bone morphogenetic protein 4, annexin II and S-100-related protein, clone 42C) and for a nerve cell transcription factor (brain ..
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 mediates bile duct ligation induced liver fibrosis through activation of Smad1 and ERK1/2 in rat hepatic stellate cellsJianghong Fan
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Cell Physiol 207:499-505. 2006..Although it has been demonstrated that BMP2 and BMP4 significantly increased the abundance of smooth muscle alpha actin (alpha-SMA) in cultured HSCs, the expression of ..
- [Significance of expressions of bone morphogenetic protein 2 and 4 in prostatic carcinoma]Ze liang Li
Department of Urology, No 1 Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110001, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 12:126-8, 132. 2006..To determine the expression of bone morphogenetic protein 2 and 4 (BMP-2 and BMP-4) in prostatic carcinoma (PCa) and investigate their relationship with clinical stage and Gleason score of tumor...
- Differential expression patterns of Wnt and beta-catenin/TCF target genes in the uterus of immature female rats exposed to 17alpha-ethynyl estradiolSeiichi Katayama
Kashima Laboratory, Mitsubishi Chemical Safety Institute Ltd, Kamisu, Ibaraki 314 0255, Japan
Toxicol Sci 91:419-30. 2006..In the beta-catenin/TCF target genes, the downregulation of anti-Mullerian hormone type 2 receptor and bone morphogenetic protein 4 mRNA after EE administration appeared to be closely related to the downregulation of Wnt7a...
- Expression of bone morphogenic proteins and receptors at the injured growth plate cartilage in young ratsThai Q Ngo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Women s and Children s Hospital, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, SA 5006 Australia
J Histochem Cytochem 54:945-54. 2006....
- Bone marrow stromal cells upregulate expression of bone morphogenetic proteins 2 and 4, gap junction protein connexin-43 and synaptophysin after stroke in ratsC Zhang
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Neuroscience 141:687-95. 2006..Bone marrow stromal cells produce soluble factors including bone morphogenetic protein 2 and bone morphogenetic protein 4 (bone morphogenetic protein 2/4) in ischemic brain...
- Faulty bone morphogenetic protein signaling in esophageal atresia with tracheoesophageal fistulaAmanda R Crowley
Laboratory for Surgical Organogenesis, Department of Surgery, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:1208-13. 2006..Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) are known to be important in lung branching. We studied possible BMP signaling defects as a potential cause for the absence of branching in the fistula tract...
- Bone morphogenetic proteins and noggin: inhibiting and inducing fungiform taste papilla developmentYanqiu Zhou
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, Room 6217, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Dev Biol 297:198-213. 2006..We present a model for these effects...
- Simultaneous gene transfer of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) -2 and BMP-7 by in vivo electroporation induces rapid bone formation and BMP-4 expressionMariko Kawai
Department of Oral Morphology, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:62. 2006..To promote enhanced osteoinduction using this method, we simultaneously transferred cDNAs for BMP-2 and BMP-7, as inserts in the non-viral vector pCAGGS...
- Gangliogenesis in the enteric nervous system: roles of the polysialylation of the neural cell adhesion molecule and its regulation by bone morphogenetic protein-4Christophe Faure
Division of Gastroenterology, Sainte Justine Hospital Research Center, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Dev Dyn 236:44-59. 2007..Observations suggest that BMP signaling enhances NCAM polysialylation, which allows precursors to migrate and form ganglionic aggregates during the remodeling of the developing ENS...
- A comprehensive expression survey of bone morphogenetic proteins in breast cancer highlights the importance of BMP4 and BMP7Emma Leena Alarmo
Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Biokatu 6, Tampere, Finland
Breast Cancer Res Treat 103:239-46. 2007..The expression frequencies and expression levels of different BMPs varied considerably in breast cancer with BMP4 and BMP7 being most frequently expressed and showing highest expression levels...
- BMP4 expression in the developing rat retinaYuka Maruyama
Department of Ophthalmology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Brain Res 1122:116-21. 2006We investigated the expression of bone morphogenetic protein-4 (BMP4) in the developing retina. At E19, we found very intense BMP4 immunoreactivity (IR) in the nerve fiber layer...
- Rat adipose-derived stromal cells expressing BMP4 induce ectopic bone formation in vitro and in vivoLin Lin
Institute of Sports Medicine, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100083, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 27:1608-15. 2006b>Bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) is one of the main local contributing factors in callus formation in the early phase of fracture healing. Adipose-derived stromal cells (ADSC) are multipotent cells...
- Downregulation of bone morphogenetic protein 4 expression in coronary arterial endothelial cells: role of shear stress and the cAMP/protein kinase A pathwayAnna Csiszar
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:776-82. 2007b>Bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP-4) is a transforming growth factor beta family member cytokine that exerts proinflammatory effects on the endothelium and is likely to play a role in atherogenesis...
- Involvement of over-expressed BMP4 in pentylenetetrazol kindling-induced cell proliferation in the dentate gyrus of adult ratsJinbo Yin
Department of Neurosurgery, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 355:54-60. 2007..We previously reported that the expression pattern of bone morphogenetic proteins-4 (BMP4) mRNA in the hippocampus was developmentally regulated and mainly localized in the DG of the adult...
- Effects of dexamethasone exposure on rat metanephric development: in vitro and in vivo studiesReetu R Singh
Dept of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F548-54. 2007..These results show for the first time that inhibition of ureteric branching morphogenesis may be a key mechanism through which DEX exposure results in a reduced nephron endowment...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 expressed in esophagitis induces a columnar phenotype in esophageal squamous cellsFrancesca Milano
Laboratory of Experimental Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 132:2412-21. 2007..A recent study by serial analysis of gene expression showed that bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP-4) is uniquely expressed in BE...
- Expression of bone morphogenetic proteins, the subfamily of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily, in renal cell carcinomaCheol Kwak
Department of Urology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Urol 178:1062-7. 2007....
- [Expressions of fibronectin and bone morphogenetic protein-2, 4 during development of mouse tooth germ]Jian Zhang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, West China Stomatological Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:826-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the distribution and relationship of fibronectin (FN), bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) 2, 4 during development of mouse tooth germ...
- Involvement of bone morphogenetic protein-4 in GH regulation by octreotide and bromocriptine in rat pituitary GH3 cellsTomoko Miyoshi
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama City 700 8558, Japan
J Endocrinol 197:159-69. 2008..These findings may explain the mechanism of resistance of GH reduction to a combination therapy with OCT and BRC for GH-producing pituitary adenomas...
- Molecular elements of the regulatory control of keratin filament modulator AHF/trichohyalin in the hair follicleSachiya Yamamoto
Department of Morphoregulation, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Exp Dermatol 18:152-9. 2009..These results shed light on the strict molecular mechanisms which control stage- and compartment-specific IF assemblies in support of the cyclic development of the hair shaft...
- Matrix vesicles are carriers of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and noncollagenous matrix proteinsNiru N Nahar
Department of Pathology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Bone Miner Metab 26:514-9. 2008..Significant amounts of BMP-2 and BMP-4 were detected in MVs by ELISA. Combined, these data suggest that MVs could play an important morphogenetic role in growth plate and endochondral bone formation...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-4 induced rat hepatic progenitor cell (WB-F344 cell) differentiation toward hepatocyte lineageJianghong Fan
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Cell Physiol 220:72-81. 2009..These stimulations include extracellular growth factors and intracellular transcription factors. Bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) is a member of transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) superfamily and was first identified ..
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 stimulates neuronal differentiation of neuronal stem cells through the ERK pathwayByoung San Moon
Department of Biotechnology and Protein Network Research Center, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Exp Mol Med 41:116-25. 2009Bone morphogenic protein 4 (BMP4), a member of the TGF-beta superfamily, induced neural differentiation of neural stem cells (NSCs) grown in a medium containing basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF)...
- RANKL increases vascular smooth muscle cell calcification through a RANK-BMP4-dependent pathwaySara Panizo
Laboratorio de Investigación HUAV UDL, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, Rovira Roure 80, Lleida, Spain
Circ Res 104:1041-8. 2009..The increase in calcification was also blunted by Noggin, pointing to a mediation of BMP4 in the calcification induced by RANKL...
- Molecular interaction of BMP-4, TGF-beta, and estrogens in lactotrophs: impact on the PRL promoterDamiana Giacomini
Laboratorio de Fisiologia y Biologia Molecular, Departamento de Fisiologia, Biologia Molecular y Celular, Facultad Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Endocrinol 23:1102-14. 2009....
- [Effect of icariin on the mRNA expressions of Cbfalpha1, BMP2, BMP4 in rat osteoblasts]Wei He
Center of Orthognathic Surgery, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing 100081, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 41:669-73. 2009To investigate the effect of icariin on the proliferation, differentiation, and the mRNA expressions of Cbfalpha1, BMP2, BMP4 of rat osteoblasts.
- [Effect of basic fibroblast growth factor on expression of protein and mRNA of bone morphogenetic protein 4 in hypoxic-ischemic brain damage in newborn rats]Xiao juan Yin
Department of Pediatrics, Bayi Children s Hospital Affiliated to the Military General Hospital of Beijing, the People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100700, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 47:856-61. 2009To investigate the effect of basic fibroblast growth factor(bFGF) on expression of protein and mRNA of bone morphogenetic protein 4 in hypoxic-ischemic brain damage (HIBD) in newborn rats.
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 stimulates attachment of neurospheres and astrogenesis of neural stem cells in neurospheres via phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase-mediated upregulation of N-cadherinM Y Kim
Translational Research Center for Protein Function Control, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Korea
Neuroscience 170:8-15. 2010..Here, we found that bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) induced the attachment of neurospheres, astrocytic differentiation, and migration of neurosphere ..
- BMP4-induced differentiation of a rat spermatogonial stem cell line causes changes in its cell adhesion propertiesGianfranco Carlomagno
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Biol Reprod 83:742-9. 2010..We now have used a previously established rat SSC cell line (GC-6spg) to elucidate the role of BMP4 in SSC differentiation...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 enhances canonical transient receptor potential expression, store-operated Ca2+ entry, and basal [Ca2+]i in rat distal pulmonary arterial smooth muscle cellsWenju Lu
Guangzhou Institute of Respiratory Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Respiratory Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C1370-8. 2010Recent advances have identified an important role of bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) in pulmonary vascular remodeling, yet the underlying mechanisms remain largely unexplored...
- The suppression of CRMP2 expression by bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-SMAD gradient signaling controls multiple stages of neuronal developmentYiming Sun
Key Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Biol Chem 285:39039-50. 2010..Thus, our study reveals a novel mechanism that the BMP-SMAD signaling pathway controls neuronal migration and neurite outgrowth by suppressing the transcription of CRMP2...
- The biological mechanisms of PCNA and BMP in TMJ adaptive remodelingZoe Potres Barnouti
Department of Orthodontics, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Angle Orthod 81:91-99. 2011....
- Bone morphogenetic protein signalling in airway epithelial cells during regenerationJoanne C Masterson
Institute of Immunology, National University of Ireland Maynooth, Maynooth, Ireland
Cell Signal 23:398-406. 2011Mechanisms of lung regeneration after injury remain poorly understood. Bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP4) is critical for lung morphogenesis and regulates differentiation of the airway epithelium during development, although its ..
- Expression of chondro-osteogenic BMPs in ossified failed tendon healing model of tendinopathyPauline Po Yee Lui
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Orthop Res 29:816-21. 2011..BMP-4/7, besides BMP-2, might also contribute to ectopic chondro-osteogenesis and failed healing in tendon injuries. BMP-4/7, but not BMP-2, might be involved in regulating late events in ossified failed tendon healing...
- CXXC5 is a novel BMP4-regulated modulator of Wnt signaling in neural stem cellsTherese Andersson
CoE in Developmental Biology for Regenerative Medicine CEDB DBRM, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 284:3672-81. 2009Bone morphogenetic proteins such as BMP4 are essential for proper development of telencephalic forebrain structures and induce differentiation of telencephalic neural stem cells into a variety of cellular fates, including astrocytic, ..
- Regulatory Molecules in Enteric Nervous SystemALCMENE CHALAZONITIS; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Role of Downstream Signaling in EGFR/HER2 Inhibitor RadiosentitizationJANIEL SHIELDS; Fiscal Year: 2009....