Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bdnf
Description: brain-derived neurotrophic factor
Alias: brain-derived neurotrophic factor, brain derived neurothrophic factor
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Neurokinin-1 (NK-1) receptor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene expression is differentially modulated in the rat spinal dorsal horn and hippocampus during inflammatory painVanja Duric
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS, 66160 USA
Mol Pain 3:32. 2007..Neurokinin-1 (NK-1) receptors and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), known neuromediators of hyperalgesia and spinal central sensitization, have also been implicated in the ..
- Single immobilization stress differentially alters the expression profile of transcripts of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene and histone acetylation at its promoters in the rat hippocampusManabu Fuchikami
Department of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, Division of Frontier Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:73-82. 2009Decreased levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the hippocampus are implicated in the pathophysiology of major depression, although the mechanism has yet to be characterized...
- Transcriptional upregulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in rostral ventrolateral medulla by angiotensin II: significance in superoxide homeostasis and neural regulation of arterial pressureSamuel H H Chan
Department of Medical Education and Research, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan 813, Republic of China
Circ Res 107:1127-39. 2010..Emerging evidence suggests that brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) manifests "nontrophic" actions.
- Derepression of BDNF transcription involves calcium-dependent phosphorylation of MeCP2Wen G Chen
Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 302:885-9. 2003..We find that MeCP2 binds selectively to BDNF promoter III and functions to repress expression of the BDNF gene...
- Interleukin-1 beta impairs brain derived neurotrophic factor-induced signal transductionLiqi Tong
University of California Irvine, Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
Neurobiol Aging 29:1380-93. 2008..The hypothesis was tested that IL-1 beta renders neurons vulnerable to degeneration by interfering with BDNF-induced neuroprotection...
- Precursor of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (proBDNF) forms a complex with Huntingtin-associated protein-1 (HAP1) and sortilin that modulates proBDNF trafficking, degradation, and processingMiao Yang
Department of Human Physiology and Centre for Neuroscience, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Biol Chem 286:16272-84. 2011proBDNF, a precursor of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), is anterogradely transported and released from nerve terminals, but the mechanism underlying this process remains unclear...
- Endogenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor in the nucleus tractus solitarius tonically regulates synaptic and autonomic functionCatharine G Clark
Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Neurosci 31:12318-29. 2011Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its receptor, TrkB, are highly expressed in the nucleus tractus solitarius (nTS), the principal target of cardiovascular primary afferent input to the brainstem...
- Multiple promoters direct tissue-specific expression of the rat BDNF geneT Timmusk
Department of Medical Chemistry II, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuron 10:475-89. 1993Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) supports the survival of a specific set of neurons in the vertebrate nervous system...
- Tinnitus behavior and hearing function correlate with the reciprocal expression patterns of BDNF and Arg3.1/arc in auditory neurons following acoustic traumaJ Tan
University of Tubingen, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hearing Research Center Tübingen, Molecular Neurobiology, Elfriede Aulhorn Strasse 5, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Neuroscience 145:715-26. 2007..The expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), the activity-dependent cytoskeletal protein (Arg3...
- Locomotor exercise alters expression of pro-brain-derived neurotrophic factor, brain-derived neurotrophic factor and its receptor TrkB in the spinal cord of adult ratsMatylda Macias
Department of Neurophysiology, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, 3 Pasteur Street, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Neurosci 25:2425-44. 2007..evidence indicates that locomotor exercise is a powerful means of increasing brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its signal transduction receptor TrkB mRNA levels, immunolabeling intensity and number of BDNF- and TrkB-..
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor inhibits human immunodeficiency virus-1/gp120-mediated cerebellar granule cell death by preventing gp120 internalizationAlessia Bachis
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Neurosci 23:5715-22. 2003..Because brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) prevents caspase-3-mediated neuronal cell death, we examined whether BDNF could prevent gp120-mediated apoptosis...
- Inverse correlation of brain and blood BDNF levels in a genetic rat model of depressionBetina Elfving
Centre for Psychiatric Research, Aarhus University Hospital, Risskov, Denmark
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 13:563-72. 2010There is accumulating evidence that brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) plays a critical role in the pathophysiology of depression...
- The mechanism of heme oxygenase-1 action involved in the enhancement of neurotrophic factor expressionShih Ya Hung
Pharmacological Institute, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Neuropharmacology 58:321-9. 2010..Bilirubin is a potent antioxidant and neuroprotectant. Neurotrophic factors of BDNF and GDNF also play important roles in survival and morphological differentiation of dopaminergic neurons...
- Possible relation of hemin-induced HO-1 expression to the upregulation of VEGF and BDNF mRNA levels in rat C6 glioma cellsKyoji Morita
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology, Department of Nursing, Shikoku University School of Health Sciences, Ohjin, Tokushima, 771 1192, Japan
J Mol Neurosci 38:31-40. 2009..encoding heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in glial cells was examined using rat C6 glioma cells as an in vitro model system...
- Setting the pace for retinal development: environmental enrichment acts through insulin-like growth factor 1 and brain-derived neurotrophic factorSilvia Landi
Laboratorio di Neurobiologia, Scuola Normale Superiore National Enterprise for nano Science and nanoTechnology, I 56100 Pisa, Italy
J Neurosci 29:10809-19. 2009..insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) injections in the eyes of non-EE rat pups mimic EE effects both in increasing BDNF levels in the retinal ganglion cell layer at P10 and in determining a more adult-like retinal acuity, assessed with ..
- Synergistic effects of osteonectin and brain-derived neurotrophic factor on axotomized retinal ganglion cells neurite outgrowth via the mitogen-activated protein kinase-extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 pathwaysC H E Ma
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Neuroscience 165:463-74. 2010..We also showed the synergistic effects of ON and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in promoting RGCs growth and the involvement of ON in two major neurotrophin-mediated signaling pathways, PI-3K-..
- Regulation of dendritic development by BDNF requires activation of CRTC1 by glutamateCharles Finsterwald
Department of Physiology, University of Lausanne, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 285:28587-95. 2010..Among extrinsic signals that control dendritic development, substantial evidence indicates that BDNF regulates dendritic morphology...
- Selective inhibition of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 blocks nerve growth factor to brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling and suppresses the development of and reverses already established pain behavior in ratsY Matsuoka
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Neuroscience 206:224-36. 2012Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) plays a key role in the development of pathological pain...
- Progesterone increases the release of brain-derived neurotrophic factor from glia via progesterone receptor membrane component 1 (Pgrmc1)-dependent ERK5 signalingChang Su
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Institute for Aging and Alzheimer s Disease Research, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, 3400 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Endocrinology 153:4389-400. 2012..Our laboratory has implicated brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) signaling as an important mediator of P4's protective actions...
- REST4-mediated modulation of REST/NRSF-silencing function during BDNF gene promoter activationAkiko Tabuchi
Department of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani 2630, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:415-20. 2002..To address this, we investigated the effect of REST/NRSF and REST4 on the activity-dependent activation of BDNF gene promoter I (BDNFp-I) using cultured rat cortical neurons...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor prevents the nigrostriatal degeneration induced by human immunodeficiency virus-1 glycoprotein 120 in vivoRachel L Nosheny
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University, EP04, New Research Building, 3970 Reservoir Road, NW Washington, DC, USA
Eur J Neurosci 25:2275-84. 2007..Therefore, reducing CXCR4 expression may prevent gp120-mediated apoptosis. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is known to reduce both gp120 neurotoxicity and CXCR4 expression in vitro...
- Glucocorticoid receptor interaction with TrkB promotes BDNF-triggered PLC-gamma signaling for glutamate release via a glutamate transporterTadahiro Numakawa
Department of Mental Disorder Research, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:647-52. 2009An increase in glucocorticoid levels and down-regulation of BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) are supposed to be involved in the pathophysiology of depressive disorders...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor contributes to recovery of skilled reaching after focal ischemia in ratsMichelle Ploughman
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, NL, Canada
Stroke 40:1490-5. 2009Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is involved in neuronal survival, synaptic plasticity, learning and memory, and neuroplasticity...
- Downregulation of BDNF mRNA in the hippocampal dentate gyrus after re-exposure to cues previously associated with footshockAnn M Rasmusson
VA National Center for PTSD, Clinical Neuroscience Division, West Haven, CT, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:133-42. 2002..and re-exposure to cues previously associated with footshock on expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) mRNA in the hippocampus of male rats. Exposure to twenty 0.5-s 0...
- Galectin-1 induces astrocyte differentiation, which leads to production of brain-derived neurotrophic factorTasuku Sasaki
Glycobiology Research Group, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Foundation for Research on Aging and Promotion of Human Welfare, 35 2 Sakaecho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
Glycobiology 14:357-63. 2004Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a neuroprotective polypeptide that is thought to be responsible for neuron proliferation, differentiation, and survival...
- Corticostriatal brain-derived neurotrophic factor dysregulation in adult rats following prenatal stressFabio Fumagalli
Center of Neuropharmacology, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 20:1348-54. 2004..brain function, we analysed the effects of prenatal stress on the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), an important molecular determinant of synaptic plasticity and cellular homeostasis, in adult male rats under ..
- Role of megakaryoblastic acute leukemia-1 in ERK1/2-dependent stimulation of serum response factor-driven transcription by BDNF or increased synaptic activityKatarzyna Kalita
Kentucky Spinal Cord Injury Research Center and Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Neurosci 26:10020-32. 2006..of MKL1 in primary cortical neurons elevated SRF-driven transcription and enhanced its stimulation by BDNF. In addition, inhibition of endogenous MKL1 by overexpression of a dominant-negative MKL1 mutant or by small ..
- NMDA-mediated and self-induced bdnf exon IV transcriptions are differentially regulated in cultured cortical neuronsFei Zheng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, 48824, USA
Neurochem Int 54:385-92. 2009Activity-dependent transcriptional up-regulation of bdnf (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) is involved in regulating many aspects of neuronal functions...
- Alternate 5' exons in the rat brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene: differential patterns of expression across brain regionsJ F Bishop
Experimental Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 26:225-32. 1994Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) enhances the survival of dopaminergic neurons and protects them from neurotoxins in vitro. This trophic factor might thus be of therapeutic value for the treatment of Parkinsonian syndromes...
- Comparison of the effects of HGF, BDNF, CT-1, CNTF, and the branchial arches on the growth of embryonic cranial motor neuronsArifa Naeem
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, 4th floor New Hunt s House, King s College, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1 UL, UK
J Neurobiol 51:101-14. 2002..We find that brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) and cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) all promote the outgrowth of embryonic cranial ..
- Synaptic and extrasynaptic localization of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and the tyrosine kinase B receptor in cultured hippocampal neuronsCatherine Croft Swanwick
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Comp Neurol 478:405-17. 2004Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) regulates synapses, but the distribution of BDNF and its receptor TrkB relative to the location of glutamatergic and gamma-aminobutyric acidergic (GABAergic) synapses is presently unknown...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor induces mammalian target of rapamycin-dependent local activation of translation machinery and protein synthesis in neuronal dendritesNobuyuki Takei
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Niigata 951 8585, Japan
J Neurosci 24:9760-9. 2004..synthesis and translational activation in neuronal dendrites are upregulated by brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in a rapamycin and small interfering RNA specific for mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR)-sensitive manner...
- Synaptic targeting of retrogradely transported trophic factors in motoneurons: comparison of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor, brain-derived neurotrophic factor, and cardiotrophin-1 with tetanus toxinHoward B Rind
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
J Neurosci 25:539-49. 2005Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), and cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) are the most potent neurotrophic factors for motoneurons, but their fate after retrograde axonal transport is not ..
- Chronic antidepressants potentiate via sigma-1 receptors the brain-derived neurotrophic factor-induced signaling for glutamate releaseYuki Yagasaki
Department of Mental Disorder Research, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry NCNP, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:12941-9. 2006Up-regulation of BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) has been suggested to contribute to the action of antidepressants...
- Nerve growth factor activates brain-derived neurotrophic factor promoter IV via extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase 1/2 in PC12 cellsSo Yun Park
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 422, Korea
Mol Cells 21:237-43. 2006Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a neuromodulator of nociceptive responses in the dorsal root ganglia (DRG) and spinal cord...
- Cortical expression of brain derived neurotrophic factor and type-1 cannabinoid receptor after striatal excitotoxic lesionsZ De March
Laboratory of Neuroanatomy, Santa Lucia Foundation IRCCS at the European Center for Brain Research, Via del Fosso Fiorano 64, 00143 Rome, Italy
Neuroscience 152:734-40. 2008An involvement of one particular neurotrophin, namely, the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), has been demonstrated in the pathophysiology Huntington's disease...
- Effect of aging on brain-derived neurotrophic factor, proBDNF, and their receptors in the hippocampus of Lou/C ratsM Silhol
INSERM, Montpellier, France
Rejuvenation Res 11:1031-40. 2008..e., brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), its precursor proBDNF, and its receptors (i.e., TrkB.FL, TrkB.T1, TrkB.T2, and p75)...
- Regulated release and polarized localization of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in hippocampal neuronsL J Goodman
Department of Neuroscience, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 7:222-38. 1996..We used a combination of model cell lines and primary culture systems to study the polarity of BDNF sorting and the regulation of its release from hippocampal neurons...
- Activity-dependent release of endogenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor from primary sensory neurons detected by ELISA in situA Balkowiec
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 20:7417-23. 2000To define activity-dependent release of endogenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), we developed an in vitro model using primary sensory neurons and a modified ELISA, termed ELISA in situ...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor increases in the uninjured dorsal root ganglion neurons in selective spinal nerve ligation modelT Fukuoka
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
J Neurosci 21:4891-900. 2001Nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) are two major members of the neurotrophin family...
- Protein synthesis-dependent and -independent regulation of hippocampal synapses by brain-derived neurotrophic factorN Tartaglia
Unit on Synapse Development and Plasticity, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 276:37585-93. 2001..hippocampal slices, we have investigated whether the modulation of synapses by brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) also requires protein synthesis...
- Regulation of cell survival by secreted proneurotrophinsR Lee
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 294:1945-8. 2001..inactive precursors, we show here that the proforms of nerve growth factor (NGF) and the proforms of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) are secreted and cleaved extracellularly by the serine protease plasmin and by selective ..
- NGF, BDNF, leptin, and mast cells in human coronary atherosclerosis and metabolic syndromeG N Chaldakov
Medical University, Varna, Bulgaria
Arch Physiol Biochem 109:357-60. 2001..in cardiovascular tissue development and in lipid and glucose metabolism, the role of the neurotrophins NGF and BDNF and also the adipokine leptin in human coronary atherosclerosis and related disorders, such as metabolic syndrome, ..
- Long-term potentiation and spatial learning are associated with increased phosphorylation of TrkB and extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) in the dentate gyrus: evidence for a role for brain-derived neurotrophic factorM Gooney
Department of Physiology, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Behav Neurosci 116:455-63. 2002..Because the data indicate that similar cellular modifications are shared by these 2 forms of plasticity, they provide circumstantial evidence that LTP satisfies some of the requirements of a memory-inducing cellular substrate...
- Involvement of an upstream stimulatory factor as well as cAMP-responsive element-binding protein in the activation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene promoter IAkiko Tabuchi
Department of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani 2630, Toyama, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:35920-31. 2002The use of different brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene promoters results in the differential production of 5'-alternative transcripts, suggesting versatile functions of BDNF in neurons...
- BDNF-triggered events in the rat hippocampus are required for both short- and long-term memory formationMariana Alonso
Instituto de Biologia Celular y Neurociencias, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hippocampus 12:551-60. 2002..Because brain-derived neutrophic factor (BDNF) modulates both short-term synaptic function and activity-dependent synaptic plasticity in the adult hippocampus, ..
- Voluntary exercise induces a BDNF-mediated mechanism that promotes neuroplasticityFernando Gomez-Pinilla
Department of Physiological Science, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neurophysiol 88:2187-95. 2002..and their lumbar spinal cord and soleus muscle were assessed for changes in brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), its signal transduction receptor (trkB), and downstream effectors for the action of BDNF on synaptic plasticity...
- Spinal brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) produces hyperalgesia in normal mice while antisense directed against either BDNF or trkB, prevent inflammation-induced hyperalgesiaRachel Groth
Department of Biology, Macalester College, 1600 Grand Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55105, USA
Pain 100:171-81. 2002Although known primarily for its role in neuronal development, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) has also recently been implicated in processes mediated by the adult nervous system, such as spinal nociception...
- Cellular mechanisms regulating activity-dependent release of native brain-derived neurotrophic factor from hippocampal neuronsAgnieszka Balkowiec
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 22:10399-407. 2002Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) plays a critical role in activity-dependent modifications of neuronal connectivity and synaptic strength, including establishment of hippocampal long-term potentiation (LTP)...
- Involvement of a spinal brain-derived neurotrophic factor/full-length TrkB pathway in the development of nerve injury-induced thermal hyperalgesia in miceYoshinori Yajima
Department of Toxicology, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 4 41 Ebara, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Brain Res 958:338-46. 2002..was abolished by repeated intrathecal pretreatment with a specific antibody to brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), but not neurotrophin-4, just before and after the nerve ligation...
- Glutamate stimulates neurotrophin expression in cultured Müller cellsSara Taylor
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 111:189-97. 2003..transport and decreased retrograde transport of neurotrophic factors such as brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) may contribute to ganglion cell death in experimental glaucoma...
- Maternal infection regulates BDNF and NGF expression in fetal and neonatal brain and maternal-fetal unit of the ratJohn H Gilmore
Department of Psychiatry, CB 7160, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
J Neuroimmunol 138:49-55. 2003..or saline was administered to rats to model maternal infection, and levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF) in maternal plasma, placenta, amniotic fluid, fetal liver/spleen, fetal brain, and ..
- The production, storage and release of the neurotrophins nerve growth factor, brain-derived neurotrophic factor and neurotrophin-3 by human peripheral eosinophils in allergics and non-allergicsO Noga
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 33:649-54. 2003..Recent studies have shown that neurotrophins are produced by and can act on several immune-inflammatory cells. The origin of circulating as well as local neurotrophins is unknown...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor modulation of GABAergic synapses by postsynaptic regulation of chloride transportRinda A Wardle
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3200, USA
J Neurosci 23:8722-32. 2003Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) potentiates excitatory synapses in a variety of systems by promoting presynaptic transmitter release...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor regulates expression of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in retinal amacrine cellsAlessandro Cellerino
Scuola Normale Superiore and Istituto di Neurofisiologia, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, I 56100 Pisa, Italy
J Comp Neurol 467:97-104. 2003Brain-derived neurotrophic-factor (BDNF) is expressed in the retina and controls the development of subtypes of amacrine cells...
- BDNF sensitizes the response of lamina II neurons to high threshold primary afferent inputsSandra M Garraway
Department of Neurobiology and Behaviour, State University of New York, Stony Brook NY 11794 5230, USA
Eur J Neurosci 18:2467-76. 2003Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is up-regulated and released in the dorsal horn following peripheral inflammation and has therefore been implicated in spinal mechanisms of sensitization...
- BDNF is necessary and sufficient for spinal respiratory plasticity following intermittent hypoxiaTracy L Baker-Herman
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:48-55. 2004..Here we show that increased synthesis of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the spinal cord is necessary and sufficient for pLTF in adult rats...
- Independent cellular processes for hippocampal memory consolidation and reconsolidationJonathan L C Lee
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Science 304:839-43. 2004..Consolidation involves brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) but not the transcription factor Zif268, whereas reconsolidation recruits Zif268 but not BDNF...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor induces NMDA receptor subunit one phosphorylation via ERK and PKC in the rat spinal cordSarah E Slack
Sensory Function Group, Centre for Neuroscience, King s College London, London Bridge SE1 1UL, UK
Eur J Neurosci 20:1769-78. 2004Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is involved in the modulation of synaptic transmission in the spinal cord, and several circumstantial lines of evidence suggest that it has the ability to modulate the activity of the NMDA receptor...
- BDNF from microglia causes the shift in neuronal anion gradient underlying neuropathic painJeffrey A M Coull
Division de Neurobiologie Cellulaire, Centre de Recherche Universite Laval Robert Giffard, Quebec, Quebec G1J 2G3, Canada
Nature 438:1017-21. 2005..Applying brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) mimics the alteration in E(anion)...
- Rodent BDNF genes, novel promoters, novel splice variants, and regulation by cocaineQing Rong Liu
Molecular Neurobiology Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse Intramural Research Program NIDA IRP, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services DHHS, Box 5180, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Brain Res 1067:1-12. 2006..studies using molecular and genetic methods in humans and rodents suggest that brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is involved in the behavioral effects of abused drugs, making understanding of its genomic structure and ..
- BDNF: a missing link between sympathetic dysfunction and inflammatory disease?Lora J Kasselman
Neuropsychology Doctoral Subprogram, Graduate Center of the City University of New York, USA
J Neuroimmunol 175:118-27. 2006..Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) also has trophic effects on sympathetic neurons...
- Biphasic change in BDNF gene expression following antidepressant drug treatment explained by differential transcript regulationA A Khundakar
Leicester School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH, UK
Brain Res 1106:12-20. 2006Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) has been suggested as a possible target for the treatment of depression...
- Dual regulation of translation initiation and peptide chain elongation during BDNF-induced LTP in vivo: evidence for compartment-specific translation controlTambudzai Kanhema
Department of Biomedicine and Bergen Mental Health Research Center, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
J Neurochem 99:1328-37. 2006..eEF2), during long-term potentiation (LTP) induced by local infusion of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) into the dentate gyrus of anesthetized rats...
- Mouse and rat BDNF gene structure and expression revisitedTamara Aid
Department of Gene Technology, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia
J Neurosci Res 85:525-35. 2007Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) has important functions in the development of the nervous system and in brain plasticity-related processes such as memory, learning, and drug addiction...
- Persistence of long-term memory storage requires a late protein synthesis- and BDNF- dependent phase in the hippocampusPedro Bekinschtein
Instituto de Biologia Celular y Neurociencias, UBA, Buenos Aires C1121ABG, Argentina
Neuron 53:261-77. 2007..that LTM formation is dependent upon hippocampal de novo protein synthesis and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) signaling during or early after acquisition...
- Transcriptional regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in the amygdala during consolidation of fear memoryLi Chin Ou
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 72:350-8. 2007We have demonstrated previously that brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) signaling in the amygdala is required for the consolidation of fear memory...
- Androgen-dependent regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and tyrosine kinase B in the sexually dimorphic spinal nucleus of the bulbocavernosusErich N Ottem
Neuroscience Program, 108 Giltner Hall, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Endocrinology 148:3655-65. 2007..Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), via activation of tyrosine receptor kinase B (trkB), has been implicated in mediating androgen effects on SNB ..
- TRPC3 channels are necessary for brain-derived neurotrophic factor to activate a nonselective cationic current and to induce dendritic spine formationMichelle D Amaral
Department of Neurobiology, Civitan International Research Center and McKnight Brain Institute, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Neurosci 27:5179-89. 2007Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) exerts prominent effects on hippocampal neurons, but the mechanisms that initiate its actions are poorly understood...
- A BDNF infusion into the medial prefrontal cortex suppresses cocaine seeking in ratsWilliam J Berglind
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Eur J Neurosci 26:757-66. 2007..is critical for reinstatement of cocaine seeking and is the main source of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) to striatal regions of the brain relapse circuitry...
- Contextual learning induces an increase in the number of hippocampal CA1 neurons expressing high levels of BDNFJenru Chen
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Neurobiol Learn Mem 88:409-15. 2007We examined behaviorally induced expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in area CA1 of the hippocampus...
- Postsynaptic secretion of BDNF and NT-3 from hippocampal neurons depends on calcium calmodulin kinase II signaling and proceeds via delayed fusion pore openingRichard Kolarow
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Johannes Gutenberg University, 55128 Mainz, Germany
J Neurosci 27:10350-64. 2007The mammalian neurotrophins (NTs) NGF, BDNF, NT-3, and NT-4 constitute a family of secreted neuronal growth factors. In addition, NTs are implicated in several forms of activity-dependent synaptic plasticity...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor enhances the excitability of rat sensory neurons through activation of the p75 neurotrophin receptor and the sphingomyelin pathwayY H Zhang
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Physiol 586:3113-27. 2008..of small diameter sensory neurons through activation of p75(NTR), then brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) should produce the same sensitizing action as did NGF...
- Protective effect of BDNF against beta-amyloid induced neurotoxicity in vitro and in vivo in ratsS Arancibia
Univ Montpellier 2, Montpellier, F 34095, France
Neurobiol Dis 31:316-26. 2008We examined the potential protective effect of BDNF against beta-amyloid-induced neurotoxicity in vitro and in vivo in rats...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor correlate with T-cell activation in primary Sjogren's syndromeA L Fauchais
EA 3842 IFR 145, University of Limoges, France
Scand J Rheumatol 38:50-7. 2009..Neurotrophins (NTs), recently reported as B cell antiapoptotic, and T-cell activation factors seem to be implicated in autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Uptake and recycling of pro-BDNF for transmitter-induced secretion by cortical astrocytesMatteo Bergami
Department of Human and General Physiology, University of Bologna, I 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Cell Biol 183:213-21. 2008Activity-dependent secretion of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is thought to enhance synaptic plasticity, but the mechanisms controlling extracellular availability and clearance of secreted BDNF are poorly understood...
- Epigenetic regulation of BDNF gene transcription in the consolidation of fear memoryFarah D Lubin
Department of Neurobiology, The Evelyn F McKnight Brain Institute, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Neurosci 28:10576-86. 2008..the contribution of chromatin remodeling to learning-induced changes in brain-derived neurotrophic factor (bdnf) gene expression in the adult hippocampus...
- Lasting epigenetic influence of early-life adversity on the BDNF geneTania L Roth
Department of Neurobiology and the Evelyn F McKnight Brain Institute, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Biol Psychiatry 65:760-9. 2009..With a rat model of infant maltreatment by a caregiver, we investigated whether early-life adversity leaves lasting epigenetic marks at the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene in the central nervous system.
- Bdnf overexpression in hippocampal neurons prevents dendritic atrophy caused by Rett-associated MECP2 mutationsJennifer L Larimore
Department of Neurobiology, Evelyn McKnight Brain Institute, Civitan International Research Center, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 2182, USA
Neurobiol Dis 34:199-211. 2009..One of the targets of MeCP2 transcriptional control is the Bdnf gene...
- BDNF activates mTOR to regulate GluR1 expression required for memory formationLeandro Slipczuk
Instituto de Biologia Celular y Neurociencias, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires UBA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PLoS ONE 4:e6007. 2009..However, little is known about the time course of mTOR activation and the extracellular signals governing this process or the identity of the proteins whose translation is regulated by this kinase, during mnemonic processing...
- BDNF-induced changes in the expression of the translation machinery in hippocampal neurons: protein levels and dendritic mRNABruno Manadas
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
J Proteome Res 8:4536-52. 2009b>BDNF plays a key role in neuronal development, in short- and long-term changes in synaptic activity, and in neuronal survival. These effects are mediated, to a great extent, by changes in protein synthesis...
- Dual response of BDNF to sublethal concentrations of beta-amyloid peptides in cultured cortical neuronsE Aliaga
Centro de Neurobiología y Plasticidad del Desarrollo, Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Valparaiso, Gran Bretana 1111, Playa Ancha, Valparaiso, Chile
Neurobiol Dis 37:208-17. 2010..We examined the time-course effect of sublethal concentrations of Abeta on total BDNF (panBDNF), BDNF transcripts (I, II, IV and VI), trkB.FL, trkB...
- Endogenous BDNF in the dorsolateral striatum gates alcohol drinkingJerome Jeanblanc
Ernest Gallo Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, Emeryville, California 94608, USA
J Neurosci 29:13494-502. 2009We previously found that brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)-haplodeficient mice exhibit greater ethanol-induced place preference and psychomotor sensitization, and greater ethanol consumption after deprivation, than control mice...
- Differential activity-dependent secretion of brain-derived neurotrophic factor from axon and dendriteNaoto Matsuda
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Neurosci 29:14185-98. 2009Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is essential for neuronal survival and differentiation during development and for synaptic function and plasticity in the mature brain...
- The role of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in experimental inflammation of mouse gutJing Yang
Department of Gastroenterology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, PR China
Eur J Pain 14:574-9. 2010Previous studies suggested that brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) might act as an important modulator in chronic pain states. However, no systematic study has used knock-out mice to clarify its effect on visceral sensitivity...
- Regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the chronic unpredictable stress rat model and the effects of chronic antidepressant treatmentMarianne H Larsen
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Psychiatr Res 44:808-16. 2010..Present evidence suggests a role for brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in depression. BDNF mRNA levels in the ventral and dorsal hippocampus were assessed by in situ hybridization...
- Salivary glands as the source of plasma brain-derived neurotrophic factor in stressed rats engaged in biting behaviorJuri Saruta
Department of Craniofacial Growth and Development Dentistry, Division of Orthodontics, Kanagawa Dental College, 82 Inaoka cho, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 238 8580, Japan
Stress 13:238-47. 2010Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is crucial for the survival and differentiation of the central and peripheral nervous systems. Recently, BDNF has been reported to exert broader biological activity on non-neural cells...
- Epigenetic regulation of BDNF expression via the scaffolding protein RACK1Dao Yao He
Ernest Gallo Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, Emeryville, California 94608, USA
J Biol Chem 285:19043-50. 2010..of chromatin remodeling, resulting in an exon-specific expression of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) gene...
- Placental BDNF/TrkB signaling system is modulated by fetal growth disturbances in rat and humanS Mayeur
Univ Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France
Placenta 31:785-91. 2010The brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) has been shown to exert an important role during implantation, placental development, and fetal growth control in mice...
- Acute stress and chronic stress change brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and tyrosine kinase-coupled receptor (TrkB) expression in both young and aged rat hippocampusShou Sen Shi
Department of Medical Psychology, Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Binzhou Medical University, Yantai, Shandong, China
Yonsei Med J 51:661-71. 2010The purpose of this study is to explore the dynamic change of brainderived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) mRNA, protein, and tyrosine kinase-coupled receptor (TrkB) mRNA of the rat hippocampus under different stress conditions and to explore ..
- Time-dependent contribution of non neuronal cells to BDNF production after ischemic stroke in ratsYannick Bejot
Laboratoire INSERM U887 Motricité Plasticité, Dijon, France
Neurochem Int 58:102-11. 2011Although brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) plays a central role in recovery after cerebral ischemia, little is known about cells involved in BDNF production after stroke...
- Tumor necrosis factor-α increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression in trigeminal ganglion neurons in an activity-dependent mannerE Bałkowiec-Iskra
Department of Integrative Biosciences, Oregon Health and Science University School of Dentistry, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuroscience 180:322-33. 2011..In the present study, we examined the effects of TNFα on neuronal expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), whose role in synaptic plasticity and sensitization of nociceptive pathways is well documented...
- Resilience to chronic stress is mediated by hippocampal brain-derived neurotrophic factorDekel Taliaz
Department of Neurobiology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Neurosci 31:4475-83. 2011..Alterations in secretion of stress hormones and levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the hippocampus were implicated in depression and the effects of antidepressant medications...
- Exercise influences hippocampal plasticity by modulating brain-derived neurotrophic factor processingQ Ding
Department of Integrative Biology and Physiology, UCLA Brain Injury Research Center, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroscience 192:773-80. 2011..been shown to impact brain plasticity and function by involving the action of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF); however, mechanisms involved are poorly understood...
- Glucocorticoid suppresses BDNF-stimulated MAPK/ERK pathway via inhibiting interaction of Shp2 with TrkBEmi Kumamaru
Department of Mental Disorder Research, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 585:3224-8. 2011..We previously found that dexamethasone (DEX, a synthetic GC) repressed brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)-induced synaptic proteins via suppressing extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase (ERK) signaling...
- Dual actions of brain-derived neurotrophic factor on GABAergic transmission in cerebellar Purkinje neuronsYing Huang
School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Exp Neurol 233:791-8. 2012..feature of the nervous system and a growing body of evidence indicates that brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) acutely modulates the efficacy of GABA synaptic transmission...
- Prostaglandin E2 contributes to the synthesis of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in primary sensory neuron in ganglion explant cultures and in a neuropathic pain modelPedro Cruz Duarte
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Exp Neurol 234:466-81. 2012Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) exists in small to medium size neurons in adult rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) and serves as a modulator at the first synapse of the pain transmission pathway in the spinal dorsal horn...
- Nerve injury increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor levels to suppress BK channel activity in primary sensory neuronsXue Hong Cao
Center for Neuroscience and Pain Research, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurochem 121:944-53. 2012..in DRG neurons in a rat model of neuropathic pain and the contribution of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) to reduced BK channel activity...
- Treadmill training stimulates brain-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA expression in motor neurons of the lumbar spinal cord in spinally transected ratsM S Joseph
Department of Biological Science, California State University, Los Angeles, CA 90032 8162, United States
Neuroscience 224:135-44. 2012Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) induces plasticity within the lumbar spinal circuits thereby improving locomotor recovery in spinal cord-injured animals...
- Immobilization stress rapidly modulates BDNF mRNA expression in the hypothalamus of adult male ratsF Rage
Laboratoire de Plasticite Cerebrale, UMR 5102 CNRS, Universite Montpellier 2, France
Neuroscience 112:309-18. 2002..15 min) of immobilization stress application induced a very rapid increase in brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) mRNA expression in rat hypothalamus followed by a BDNF protein increase...
- Increased expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor induces formation of basal dendrites and axonal branching in dentate granule cells in hippocampal explant culturesSteve C Danzer
Department of Medicine Neurology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosci 22:9754-63. 2002..in vivo the dentate granule cells (DGCs) exhibit increased expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), followed by striking morphologic plasticities, namely the formation of basal dendrites and the sprouting of mossy ..
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INDUCES NEUROTROPHIC FACTORSFernando Gomez Pinilla; Fiscal Year: 2002..exercise model to evaluate the effects of motor patterns on the expression of brain derived neurotrophic (BDNF) and neurotrophin 3 (NT-3) and their receptors in the spinal cord, dorsal root ganglia and skeletal muscle...
- Activity-Induced Recovery Following Brain TraumaFernando Gomez Pinilla; Fiscal Year: 2008..Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) has a critical action in all of these events - thus, we propose a physiological means to modulate the capacity of ..
- NEUROTROPHIN REGULATION IN THE SPINAL CORDFernando Gomez Pinilla; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our initial results show that locomotor activity increases the expression of brain-derived growth factor (BDNF) in select regions of the rat CNS...
- Voluntary Exercise Therapy after Traumatic Brain InjuryGRACE GRIESBACH; Fiscal Year: 2006..Unfortunately, there is no specific treatment for TBI. Brain derived neurotrohic factor (BDNF) is a key player in neuronal survival, growth and plasticity...
- RNAi-medicated inhibition of BDNF expression and alcohol-drinking behaviorQINGSHAN YAN; Fiscal Year: 2008The goal of the study is to link brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) to alcohol-drinking behavior...
- ALCOHOL AND MESOLIMBIC DOPAMINE PATHWAYQINGSHAN YAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will elucidate the relative contribution of 5-HT2 receptors to the regulation of ethanol-induced DA release and help to explain the effects of 5-HT2 antagonists on alcohol consumption reported in the literature. ..
- Development & Connections of Cochlear Spiral GanglionPatricia Leake; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, studies to be conducted in deafened animals have practical implications regarding application of cochlear implants in children. ..
- Drug Abuse Vulnerability: Role of Development and GenderLisa M Schrott; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, ANTIDEPRESSANTS AND BDNF INDUCTIONAmelia Russo Neustadt; Fiscal Year: 2008..Chronic antidepressant treatment restores neurotrophin (BDNF) expression...
- ABUSED DRUGS AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE NEUROIMMUNE AXISLISA SCHROTT; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mechanisms of social stress-induced drug sensitizationELLA NIKULINA; Fiscal Year: 2004..e., sensitization). The anticipated results will elucidate a potential mechanism of cross-sensitization following repeated social defeat stress, which is implicated in the development of enhanced vulnerability to drugs of abuse. ..
- "Nicotine: Potential therapies and possible pitfalls"Russell Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, we plan a final roundtable discussion with all speakers to discuss the commonalities of the positive effects, underlying mechanisms, and adverse effects of nicotine as a potential therapy. ..
- NF-kB activation in epilepsyFARAH LUBIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may also identify novel targets for therapeutics in epilepsy. ..
- Epigenetic Mechanisms of Gene Regulation in Long-Term Memory FormationFARAH LUBIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..The brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) has been shown to play an essential role in the consolidation or storage of long-term memory...
- Cytokines and Memory ConsolidationRUTH BARRIENTOS; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will answer some important questions about where and how pro-inflammatory cytokines may act to impair hippocampal-dependent memory processes. ..
- DOPAMINE AND PLASTICITY IN RESPIRATORY CONTROLRebecca Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2002..End of Abstract) ..
- GABAergic Neurotransmission in PTSDAnn Rasmusson; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal of this research is to identify new neurobiological targets to guide development of improved methods for PTSD treatment and prevention. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms Underlying the Cognitive Function of SleepSubimal Datta; Fiscal Year: 2009....