Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: apolipoprotein E
Description: apolipoprotein E
Alias: APOEA, apolipoprotein E, apo-E
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Spontaneous hypercholesterolemia and arterial lesions in mice lacking apolipoprotein ES H Zhang
Department of Pathology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7525
Science 258:468-71. 1992b>Apolipoprotein E (apoE) is a ligand for receptors that clear remnants of chylomicrons and very low density lipoproteins...
- Age-related alterations of Apolipoprotein E and interleukin-1beta in the aging brainJillian R Gee
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0230, USA
Biogerontology 7:69-79. 2006..b>Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) is produced in the brain and has been shown to possess anti-inflammatory properties in a variety of ..
- Macrophage-specific expression of human apolipoprotein E reduces atherosclerosis in hypercholesterolemic apolipoprotein E-null miceS Bellosta
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco 94141 9100, USA
J Clin Invest 96:2170-9. 1995..The data suggest that apoE prevents atherosclerosis by promoting cholesterol efflux from cells of the arterial wall...
- Regulation of apolipoprotein A-1 and E gene expression in liver and intestine of nephrotic and pair-fed ratsA Panduro
Department of Gastroenterology, Instituto Nacional de la Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan, Mexico D F
Nephron 65:100-7. 1993..To study the regulation of apolipoprotein (apo) A-1 and apo E gene expression in nephrotic rats, we analyzed the steady-state levels (SSLs) of hepatic and intestinal apo A-1 ..
- Human recombinant apolipoprotein E redirects lipopolysaccharide from Kupffer cells to liver parenchymal cells in rats In vivoP C Rensen
Division of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, University of Leiden, Sylvius Laboratories, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 99:2438-45. 1997..Recently, we developed recombinant chylomicrons from commercially available lipids and human recombinant apolipoprotein E. The current study explored the effectiveness of these apoE-enriched emulsions in redirecting LPS from ..
- Role of apolipoprotein E in lipoprotein metabolism and in the process of atherosclerosisN Yamada
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 2:S29-33. 1995b>Apolipoprotein E (apoE) plays an important role in plasma lipoprotein metabolism through its high affinity binding to cell surface low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor...
- Herpes simplex encephalitis: involvement of apolipoprotein E genotypeW R Lin
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Optometry and Neuroscience, UMIST, Manchester M60 1QD, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 70:117-9. 2001..in the brain, is a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease in carriers of the type 4 allele of the gene for apolipoprotein E (apoE epsilon4), and apoE epsilon4 is a risk factor for herpes labialis...
- Association of gene polymorphisms with coronary artery disease in low- or high-risk subjects defined by conventional risk factorsAkihiro Hirashiki
Division of Cardiology, Okazaki City Hospital, Okazaki, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1429-37. 2003..The aim of the study was to identify genes that confer susceptibility to coronary artery disease (CAD) in low- or high-risk men or women separately and thereby to assess the genetic risk of CAD in such individuals...
- Genetic risk for coronary artery disease in individuals with or without type 2 diabetesYoshiji Yamada
Department of Gene Therapy, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Japan
Mol Genet Metab 81:282-90. 2004..women with this condition; the -863C-->A in the tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene, the -219G-->T in the apolipoprotein E gene, the 1019C-->T in the connexin 37 gene for men without type 2 diabetes; and the -482C-->T in the ..
- Apolipoprotein E promoter polymorphisms do not have a major influence on the risk of developing primary open angle glaucomaThomas Ressiniotis
Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Mol Vis 10:805-7. 2004..Recent genetic association studies have implicated the apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene in the pathophysiology of primary open angle glaucoma, but there have been conflicting findings.
- Effects of apolipoprotein E genotypes on the development of exfoliation syndromeAyca Yilmaz
Ophthalmology Department, Mersin University Faculty of Medicine, 33079 Mersin, Turkey
Exp Eye Res 80:871-5. 2005b>Apolipoprotein E (apo E) is directly involved in the amyloid deposition and fibril formation and is present in many cerebral and systemic amyloidoses immunologically...
- The apolipoprotein E gene polymorphism is associated with open angle glaucoma in the Japanese populationFumihiko Mabuchi
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Mol Vis 11:609-12. 2005To assess whether genetic polymorphisms of the apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene are associated with open angle glaucoma (OAG) in the Japanese population.
- Apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms are associated with psoriasis but do not determine disease response to acitretinE Campalani
The Dermatology Centre, University of Manchester, Hope Hospital, Manchester, UK
Br J Dermatol 154:345-52. 2006..Increased lipid levels are also seen in patients with psoriasis treated with acitretin. Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) variants have been linked to hypertriglyceridaemia and hypercholesterolaemia in normal individuals...
- Association of apolipoprotein E polymorphisms with normal tension glaucoma in a Chinese populationChing Yan Lam
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
J Glaucoma 15:218-22. 2006To evaluate the role of apolipoprotein E (APOE) polymorphisms in primary open angle glaucoma (POAG).
- Subsets of SNPs define rare genotype classes that predict ischemic heart diseaseRuth Frikke-Schmidt
Department of Clinical Biochemistry KB3011, Section for Molecular Genetics, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100, Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Hum Genet 120:865-77. 2007..In this study we determined the utility of exonic and 5' SNPs in apolipoprotein E (APOE) and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) when considered singly and in combination for predicting incidence of IHD ..
- Isoform-specific effects of ApoE on HSV immediate early gene expression and establishment of latencyR M Miller
Center for Aging and Developmental Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA renee
Neurobiol Aging 29:71-7. 2008..addition to age, the most prevalent known risk factor for developing AD is carriage of the epsilon4 allele of Apolipoprotein E (ApoE)...
- The apolipoprotein E epsilon4-allele and antihypertensive treatment are associated with increased risk of cerebral MRI white matter hyperintensitiesP Høgh
Memory Disorders Research Unit, The Neuroscience Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Neurol Scand 115:248-53. 2007b>Apolipoprotein E-epsilon4 (APOE-epsilon4) is a potential risk factor for cerebral vascular disease...
- [A study on the association of apolipoprotein E genotypes with primary open-angle glaucoma and primary angle-closure glaucoma in northeast of China]Hui ping Yuan
Department of Ophthalmology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Heilongjiang, Harbin 150086, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 43:416-20. 2007To analysis the association of apolipoprotein E (APOE) genotype with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and primary angle-closure glaucoma (PACG) in northeast of China.
- Apolipoprotein E promoter polymorphisms (-491A/T and -427T/C) and Alzheimer's disease: no evidence of association in the Irish populationC A Lynch
Mercer s Institute for Research on Ageing, Hospital 4, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 177:29-33. 2008..Polymorphisms (-491A/T and -427T/C) at the promoter region of the APOE gene are postulated to affect the expression of the gene through differential binding of transcription factors...
- Polymorphisms of genes in the lipid metabolism pathway and risk of biliary tract cancers and stones: a population-based case-control study in Shanghai, ChinaGabriella Andreotti
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS 8011, MSC 7240, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:525-34. 2008..5-fold risk of bile duct cancer. Our findings suggest that gene variants in the lipid metabolism pathway contribute to the risk of biliary tract stones and cancers, particularly of the bile duct...
- Effective treatment of ocular HSK with a human apolipoprotein E mimetic peptide in a mouse eye modelPartha S Bhattacharjee
Departments of Ophthalmology, School of Public Health, LouisianaState University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:4263-8. 2008To evaluate efficacy of the small apolipoprotein E (apoE) mimetic dimer peptide (apoEdp) in the treatment of herpetic stromal keratitis in a mouse ocular model and determine its therapeutic effects against HSV-1-induced inflammatory ..
- Apolipoprotein E epsilon4 allele and outcomes of traumatic spinal cord injuryAmitabh Jha
Craig Hospital Research Department, University of Colorado, 3425 S Clarkson Street, Englewood, CO 80113, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 31:171-6. 2008To test the hypothesis that apolipoprotein E (APOE) polymorphisms are associated with outcomes after spinal cord injury (SCI).
- Glucose concentration in the dialysate does not contribute to lipid profiles in patients undergoing CAPDZheng Li
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Ren Fail 33:124-30. 2011..We concluded that patients on CAPD exhibit dyslipidemia, and that different concentrations of glucose in the dialysate do not affect lipid profiles in these patients...
- [Comparative plasma proteomic analysis of patients with multiple myeloma treated with bortezomib-based regimens]J Cumova
Babákova myelomová skupina, Ustav patologické fyziologie, LF MU Brno
Klin Onkol 25:17-25. 2012....
- The effects of berberine on hyperhomocysteinemia and hyperlipidemia in rats fed with a long-term high-fat dietXin Xia Chang
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Lipids Health Dis 11:86. 2012..The study was undertaken to examine the effects of berberine (BBR) on serum homocysteine, lipids and the aortic lesion in Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats fed with a long-term high-fat diet (HFD)...
- Combined germline variations of thrombophilic genes promote genesis of lung cancerFiliz Ozen
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:5449-54. 2013..We aimed to investigate the prevalence of 5 thrombophilic germ-line mutations in patients with lung carcinomas...
- Neurobehavioral Deficits in a Rat Model of Recurrent Neonatal Seizures Are Prevented by a Ketogenic Diet and Correlate with Hippocampal Zinc/Lipid Transporter SignalsTian Tian
Neurology Laboratory, Children s Hospital of Soochow University, No 303, Jingde Road, Suzhou, 215003, People s Republic of China
Biol Trace Elem Res 167:251-8. 2015..Our findings provide support for zinc/lipid transporter signals being potential targets for the treatment of neonatal seizure-induced brain damage by KD. ..
- ApoE and S-100 expression and its significance in the brain tissue of rats with focal contusionZ L Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University, Urumuqi, Xinjiang Province, China
Genet Mol Res 14:19275-81. 2015..Our data demonstrate that the expression of ApoE and S-100 correlated with the progression of focal cerebral contusion. This suggests that both proteins may serve as effective biomarkers of focal cerebral contusions. ..
- Synergistic effects of prothrombotic polymorphisms and atherogenic factors on the risk of myocardial infarction in young malesA Inbal
Institute of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Department of Hematology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Blood 93:2186-90. 1999..7; 95% CI, 7.17 to 84.9). The presented data suggest a synergistic effect between atherogenic and thrombogenic risk factors in the pathogenesis of AMI, as was recently found in a similar cohort of women...
- The apolipoprotein E epsilon4 allele is unlikely to be a major risk factor of age-related macular degeneration in ChineseC P Pang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Ophthalmologica 214:289-91. 2000b>Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) is a major transporter of lipids and cholesterol in the nervous system...
- APOE and APOC1 genetic polymorphisms in age-associated memory impairmentD Bartres-Faz
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Neurogenetics 3:215-9. 2001....
- Apolipoprotein E-epsilon 4 protects against severe liver disease caused by hepatitis C virusMatthew A Wozniak
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Optometry and Neuroscience, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, Manchester, UK
Hepatology 36:456-63. 2002..The virus associates with serum lipoproteins, including those containing apolipoprotein E (apoE) and apolipoprotein B (apoB), and may enter cells via the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR)...
- A pooled case-control study of the apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene in age-related maculopathySilke Schmidt
Center for Human Genetics, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 23:209-23. 2002..The epsilon4 allele of the apolipoprotein E gene (APOE-4) has previously been reported to have a protective effect on ARM risk, while the APOE-2 allele ..
- Apolipoprotein E epsilon4 allele is associated with left ventricular systolic dysfunctionGysèle S Bleumink
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am Heart J 147:685-9. 2004..We investigated the association between APOE genotypes and left ventricular dysfunction in a population of community-dwelling elderly subjects...
- Apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms and retinal vascular signs: the atherosclerosis risk in communities (ARIC) studyGerald Liew
Centre for Vision Research, Univerisity of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Arch Ophthalmol 125:813-8. 2007To examine the association between apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene polymorphisms and retinal microvascular signs.
- A role for LRP4 in neuronal cell viability is related to apoE-bindingYonghao Lu
Department of Neuroplasticity, Institute on Aging and Adaptation, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Brain Res 1177:19-28. 2007The distribution pattern of apolipoprotein E (apoE) in cortical neurons in culture resembles that of low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 4 (LRP4)...
- Confounding effect of obstructive jaundice in the interpretation of proteomic plasma profiling data for pancreatic cancerLi Yan
Division of Surgery and Oncology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool L68 3 GA, UK
J Proteome Res 8:142-8. 2009..or biliary duct obstruction, we observed that the plasma levels of apolipoprotein A1, transthyretin, and apolipoprotein E, when examined in isolation, were each associated with pancreatic cancer...
- Proteome analysis of rat serum proteins adsorbed onto synthetic octacalcium phosphate crystalsHirofumi Kaneko
Division of Periodontology and Endodontology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Anal Biochem 418:276-85. 2011..analysis of the proteins detected was performed for the extracted two bone formation-related proteins apolipoprotein E (Apo E), a protein known to promote osteoblast differentiation, and complement 3 (C3). HA adsorbed C3 (3...
- Apolipoprotein E-deficient rats develop atherosclerotic plaques in partially ligated carotid arteriesShujie Wei
Department of Cardiology, Chengdu Military General Hospital, 270 Tianhui Rd, Rongdu Ave, Jinniu, Chengdu, Sichuan 610083, China
Atherosclerosis 243:589-92. 2015The goal of this study was to establish an apolipoprotein E-deficient (ApoE(-/-)) rat model.
- SINGLE NUCLEOTIDE POLYMORPHISMS THAT INFLUENCE LIPID METABOLISM: Interaction with Dietary FactorsDolores Corella
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer U S Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 25:341-90. 2005..In summary, there is need for both large population studies and well-standardized intervention studies...
- Involvement of apolipoprotein E in excess fat accumulation and insulin resistanceJunhong Gao
Division of Molecular Metabolism and Diabetes, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Diabetes 56:24-33. 2007Although apolipoprotein E (apoE) is well known to play a major role in lipid metabolism, its role in glucose and energy homeostasis remains unclear. Herein, we established apoE-deficient genetically obese Ay (apoE(-/-);Ay/+) mice...
- Apolipoprotein E-containing lipoproteins protect neurons from apoptosis via a signaling pathway involving low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-1Hideki Hayashi
Group on Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids and Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S2
J Neurosci 27:1933-41. 2007b>Apolipoprotein E (apoE)-containing lipoproteins (LPs) are secreted by glia and play important roles in lipid homeostasis in the CNS. Glia-derived LPs also promote synaptogenesis and stimulate axon growth of CNS neurons...
- Apolipoprotein E modifies neurological outcome by affecting cerebral edema but not hematoma size after intracerebral hemorrhage in humansMichael L James
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 18:144-9. 2009....
- Endogenous adipocyte apolipoprotein E is colocalized with caveolin at the adipocyte plasma membraneLili Yue
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Lipid Res 52:489-98. 2011....
- Low cholesterol in dialysis patients--causal factor for mortality or an effect of confounding?Michal Chmielewski
Department of Nephrology, Transplantology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3325-31. 2011..The aim of the study was to verify the hypothesis of time discrepancy of competing risks in 1191 incident dialysis patients (Netherlands Cooperative Study on the Adequacy of Dialysis)...
- Deficiency of a transcriptional regulator, inhibitor of differentiation 3, induces glomerulonephritis in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice: a model linking hyperlipidemia and renal diseaseHarini Bagavant
Division of Nephrology, Center for Immunity, Inflammation and Regenerative Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Am J Pathol 179:651-60. 2011..b>Apolipoprotein E-deficient (ApoE(-/-)) mice develop hyperlipidemia and are a model for atherosclerosis...
- All-trans retinoic acid can regulate the expressions of gelatinases and apolipoprotein E in glomerulosclerosis ratsTian Biao Zhou
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning 530021, China
Vascul Pharmacol 55:169-77. 2011b>Apolipoprotein E (apoE) is an important plasma protein in cholesterol homeostasis and plays a key role in the pathogenesis of glomerulosclerosis (GS)...
- Impaired fibrinolytic system in ApoE gene-deleted mice with hyperlipidemia augments deep vein thrombosisJose A Diaz
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, Conrad Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Vasc Surg 55:815-22. 2012..We sought to determine the effects of PAI-1 in an in vivo hyperlipidemic model of VT...
- Less gelatinases is associated with apolipoprotein E accumulation in glomerulosclerosis ratsTian Biao Zhou
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, China
Histol Histopathol 27:249-56. 2012..We conducted this investigation to explore whether gelatinases were associated with the apoE accumulation in the pathological process of GS...
- A potential neuroprotective role of apolipoprotein E-containing lipoproteins through low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 in normal tension glaucomaHideki Hayashi
Priority Organization for Innovation and Excellence, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:25395-406. 2012..However, the clinical application of neuroprotection has not, so far, been successful. Here, we report that apolipoprotein E-containing lipoproteins (E-LPs) protect primary cultured RGCs from Ca(2+)-dependent, and mitochondrion-..
- A discovery-phase urine proteomics investigation in type 1 diabetesA Soggiu
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Igiene e Sanita Pubblica Veterinaria, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Acta Diabetol 49:453-64. 2012..in diabetic subjects were associated with Tamm-Horsfall urinary glycoprotein, apolipoprotein A-I, apolipoprotein E, α2-thiol proteinase inhibitor, and human complement regulatory protein CD59, while higher protein ..
- Proteinuria decreases tissue lipoprotein receptor levels resulting in altered lipoprotein structure and increasing lipid levelsLimin Wang
Department of Veteran s Affairs, Northern California Health Care System, Mather, California, USA
Kidney Int 82:990-9. 2012..b>Apolipoprotein E (apoE) was decreased in lipoprotein fractions in NS, but not in analbuminemia...
- Apolipoprotein E Sendai (arginine 145-->proline): a new variant associated with lipoprotein glomerulopathyS Oikawa
First Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 8:820-3. 1997..It is believed that a genetic disorder of apo E may be present and associated with the disease. Three patients with LPG were examined in this study...
- Apolipoprotein E polymorphism influences lipid phenotypes in Chinese families with familial combined hyperlipidemiaWei Dong Pei
Division of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Heart Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Circ J 70:1606-10. 2006b>Apolipoprotein E (apoE) polymorphism is associated with changes in the lipoprotein profile of individuals with familial combined hyperlipidemia (FCHL), but its effects on the lipoprotein profiles of members of Chinese families with FCHL ..
- Liver X receptors regulate cholesterol homeostasis in oligodendrocytesKatherine Nelissen
Biomedical Research Institute, Hasselt University, and transnational University Limburg, Diepenbeek, Belgium
J Neurosci Res 90:60-71. 2012..These data show that LXRs are involved in regulating cholesterol homeostasis in oligodendrocytes...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide gene expression differences in onset and maintenance phases of genetic hypertensionFrancine Z Marques
Basic and Clinical Genomics Laboratory, School of Medical Sciences and Bosch Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Hypertension 56:319-24. 2010..Our meta-analysis has revealed many new genes for which the expression is altered in hypertension, so pointing to novel potential causative, maintenance, and responsive mechanisms and pathways...
- Virus-mediated transduction of apolipoprotein E (ApoE)-sendai develops lipoprotein glomerulopathy in ApoE-deficient miceY Ishigaki
Tohoku University Gene Research Center, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:31269-73. 2000..These LPG-like depositions were detected 6 days after virus injection and were sustained for at least 60 days. Our results demonstrated that apoE-Sendai is an etiological cause of LPG...
- The apolipoprotein E genotype predicts postprandial hypertriglyceridemia in patients with the metabolic syndromeF Cardona
Servicio de Endocrinologia y Nutricion, Hospital Regional Universitario Carlos Haya, 29009 Malaga, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:2972-5. 2005b>Apolipoprotein E (apo E) is a constituent molecule of the triglyceride-rich lipoproteins and participates in their clearance. Polymorphisms in the apo E gene are associated with increased fasting and postprandial levels of triglycerides...
- Enriched environment reduces apolipoprotein E (ApoE) in reactive astrocytes and attenuates inflammation of the peri-infarct tissue after experimental strokeKarsten Ruscher
Department of Clinical Sciences, Laboratory for Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:1796-805. 2009b>Apolipoprotein E (ApoE), a cholesterol transporter and an immunomodulator, is brain protective after experimental stroke and implicated in brain repair...
- An apolipoprotein E-mimetic stimulates axonal regeneration and remyelination after peripheral nerve injuryFeng Qiao Li
Cognosci, Inc, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 334:106-15. 2010Elevated apolipoprotein E (apoE) synthesis within crushed sciatic nerves advocates that apoE could benefit axonal repair and reconstruction of axonal and myelin membranes...
- Genetic associations in diabetic nephropathy: a meta-analysisA L Mooyaart
Department of Pathology, Bldg 1, L1 Q, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 54:544-53. 2011..This meta-analysis assessed the pooled effect of each genetic variant reproducibly associated with diabetic nephropathy...
- Early hypercholesterolemia contributes to vasomotor dysfunction and injury associated atherogenesis that can be inhibited by nitric oxideKathleen G Raman
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Vasc Surg 53:754-63. 2011..The efficacy of NO therapy to protect against the injury response in this setting was also assessed...
- Impact of artificial sunlight therapy on the progress of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in ratsToshiaki Nakano
Center for Translational Research in Biomedical Sciences, Liver Transplantation Program and Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Taiwan
J Hepatol 55:415-25. 2011..This study aimed to characterize lipid transfer/metabolic proteins as non-invasive diagnostic markers, and to evaluate the therapeutic effects of phototherapy on the progression of NASH in rats...
- Chronic renal failure alters endothelial function in cerebral circulation in miceJean Marc Bugnicourt
Institut National de Santé et de Recherche Médicale, ERI12, Amiens, France
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H1143-52. 2011..in cerebral arterioles after 4 wk of chronic renal failure (CRF) in a well-defined murine model (C57BL/6J and apolipoprotein E knockout female mice)...
- Preferential interactions between ApoE-containing lipoproteins and Aβ revealed by a detection method that combines size exclusion chromatography with non-reducing gel-shiftMary Jo Ladu
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1821:295-302. 2012The association between apolipoprotein E (apoE) and amyloid-β peptide (Aβ) may significantly impact the function of both proteins, thus affecting the etiology of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Biochemical and biophysical characterization of recombinant rat apolipoprotein E: similarities to human apolipoprotein E3Tuyen N Tran
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 1250 Bellflower Boulevard, California State University Long Beach, Long Beach, CA 90840, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 529:18-25. 2013b>Apolipoprotein E (apoE) is an anti-atherogenic protein that plays a critical role in maintaining plasma cholesterol and triglyceride homeostasis by virtue of its ability to act as a ligand for the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLr) ..
- Genetic risk for atherothrombotic cerebral infarction in individuals stratified by sex or conventional risk factors for atherosclerosisSachiyo Yamaguchi
Department of Human Functional Genomics, Life Science Research Center, Mie University, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Int J Mol Med 18:871-83. 2006..Stratification of subjects on the basis of sex or conventional risk factors for atherosclerosis may therefore be important in order to achieve the personalized prevention of ACI with the use of genetic information...
- Is the ApoE polymorphism associated with dilated cardiomyopathy?D Jurkovicova
Institute of Molecular Physiology and Genetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia
Gen Physiol Biophys 25:3-10. 2006b>Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) is 34 kDa protein involved in the modulation of cholesterol transport and homeostasis. Polymorphism of the ApoE gene has been implicated in many chronic cardiovascular and neuronal diseases...
- Apolipoprotein E level and cholesterol are associated with reduced synaptic amyloid beta in Alzheimer's disease and apoE TR mouse cortexStephen Arold
School of Nursing and Mary S Easton Center for Alzheimer s Research, UCLA, Box 956919 Factor Bldg, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6919, USA
Acta Neuropathol 123:39-52. 2012..We have used flow cytometry analysis to measure apolipoprotein E (apoE) and amyloid beta peptide (Aβ) levels in large populations of synaptic terminals from AD and aged ..
- Severe type III hyperlipoproteinemia associated with unusual apolipoprotein E1 phenotype and epsilon 1/'null' genotypeG Feussner
Medizinische Universitatsklinik Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 22:599-608. 1992..97 without therapy which is unusually high (normal ratio about 0.18). By contrast his plasma apo E level was only moderately elevated (6.8 mg dl-1)...
- Accumulation of apolipoproteins in the regenerating and remyelinating mammalian peripheral nerve. Identification of apolipoprotein D, apolipoprotein A-IV, apolipoprotein E, and apolipoprotein A-IJ K Boyles
Gladstone Foundation Laboratories for Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco 94140 0608
J Biol Chem 265:17805-15. 1990..The results from this study provide evidence that several different apolipoproteins from various sources may play a role in lipid transport within neural tissues...
- Effects of apolipoproteins A-IV and A-I on the uptake of phospholipid liposomes by hepatocytesC L Bisgaier
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032
J Biol Chem 264:862-6. 1989..As a positive control, apolipoprotein E doubled the uptake of labeled liposomes by hepatoma cells, compared to apolipoprotein-free controls, and this ..
- Structure and expression of the rat apolipoprotein E geneW P Fung
J Biol Chem 261:13777-83. 1986The rat apolipoprotein E gene was isolated from a genomic library by screening with a cDNA probe. The nucleotide sequence of the gene plus a 5' flanking region of 623 nucleotides and a 3' flanking region of 234 nucleotides was determined...
- Complete nucleotide sequence of the gene encoding the rat apolipoprotein EC Fukazawa
Nucleic Acids Res 14:9527-8. 1986
- Rat apolipoprotein E mRNA. Cloning and sequencing of double-stranded cDNAJ W McLean
J Biol Chem 258:8993-9000. 1983A 900-base pair clone corresponding to rat liver apolipoprotein E (apo-E) mRNA, and containing a 3'-terminal poly(A) segment, was identified from a library of rat liver cDNA clones in the plasmid pBR322 by specific hybrid selection and ..
- Cell surface "blanket" of apolipoprotein E on rat adrenocortical cellsD L Williams
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, State University of New York at Stony Brook 11794, USA
J Lipid Res 36:745-58. 1995..These results are consistent with the idea that this cell surface "blanket" of apoE participates in the uptake of lipoprotein cholesterol by either the endocytic or selective uptake pathways...
- Secretion by Saccharomyces cerevisiae of rat apolipoprotein E as a fusion to Mucor renninN Nomura
Department of Biotechnology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 42:865-70. 1995As the first step for production of rat apolipoprotein E (rApoE) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the rApoE cDNA was cloned and its nucleotide sequence was determined...
- Concentration of intracellular hepatic apolipoprotein E in Golgi apparatus saccular distensions and endosomesS Dahan
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Biol 127:1859-69. 1994The intrahepatic distribution of apolipoprotein E has been assessed by immunogold labeling of cryosections as well as by Western blotting of organelles isolated from liver homogenates...
- Selective alterations in the cellular distribution of apolipoprotein E immunoreactivity following transient cerebral ischaemia in the ratK Horsburgh
Wellcome Surgical Institute and Hugh Fraser Neuroscience Laboratories, University of Glasgow, UK
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 22:342-9. 1996The aim of this study was to examine the cellular localization and alterations of apolipoprotein E (apoE) following a transient ischaemic insult using immunohistochemistry...
- Apolipoprotein E genotype is associated with differential expansion rates of small abdominal aortic aneurysmsL U Gerdes
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Br J Surg 87:760-5. 2000The common polymorphism of the apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene is associated with differential risk of atherosclerosis; the gene could be a candidate gene in abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA).
- Chronic ethanol exposure in rats affects rabs-dependent hepatic trafficking of apolipoprotein E and transferrinP Marmillot
Lipid Research Laboratory, DVA Medical Center, Washington, DC 20422, USA
Alcohol 25:195-200. 2001..protein trafficking, we tested whether chronic ethanol exposure affected the trafficking of newly synthesized apolipoprotein E (apoE) or transferrin (O-glycosylated and N-glycosylated proteins, respectively) attached to acylated or ..
- Apolipoprotein E gene promoter (-219G/T) polymorphism is associated with premature coronary heart diseaseL Viitanen
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio, 70210 Kuopio, Finland
J Mol Med (Berl) 79:732-7. 2001..Additionally, when the two apo E gene polymorphisms were combined, affected siblings and probands had a higher frequency of the -219T allele and ..
- Apolipoprotein E and lipoprotein lipase increase triglyceride-rich particle binding but decrease particle penetration in arterial wallAdam E Mullick
Division of Endocrinology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:2080-5. 2002Liver-derived apolipoprotein E (apoE) decreases atherosclerosis without altering the circulating concentrations of plasma lipoproteins...
- APOE polymorphism and angiographic coronary artery disease severity in the Women's Ischemia Syndrome Evaluation (WISE) studyQi Chen
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 130 De Soto Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Atherosclerosis 169:159-67. 2003Genetic variation in the apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene is a significant determinant of variation in plasma cholesterol levels and it also affects the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Neuronal apolipoprotein E is not synthesized in neuron after focal ischemia in rat brainMasami Nishio
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Neurol Res 25:390-4. 2003b>Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) is a major apolipoprotein in the central nervous system (CNS) that plays an important role in Alzheimer's disease. It may also be involved in other CNS disorders including ischemic injury...
- Spatiotemporal changes of apolipoprotein E immunoreactivity and apolipoprotein E mRNA expression after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion in rat brainHiroshi Kamada
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
J Neurosci Res 73:545-56. 2003b>Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) is a constituent of lipoprotein and plays an important role in the maintenance of neural networks...
- Postprandial triglyceride levels in familial combined hyperlipidemia. The role of apolipoprotein E and lipoprotein lipase polymorphismsIstván Reiber
Department of Internal Medicine, Szent György Hospital Székesfehérvár, Faculty of Health Sciences, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Nutr Biochem 14:394-400. 2003The effect of apolipoprotein E genotype and polymorphisms of lipoprotein lipase gene on plasma postprandial triglyceride levels in familial combined hyperlipidemic subjects and their relatives have not been sufficiently studied...
- Bacterial expression and characterization of rat apolipoprotein EKevin Pearson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Protein Expr Purif 41:447-53. 2005..The recombinant protein was then compared both structurally and functionally to rat plasma apoE. This expression system will be highly useful for probing the ability of rat apoE to mediate food intake in rats...
- Implication of apoE isoforms in cholesterol metabolism by primary rat hippocampal neurons and astrocytesAlfred Rapp
Department of Medical Chemistry, MedUniWien, Center of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Währingerstrasse 10, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Biochimie 88:473-83. 2006b>Apolipoprotein E (apoE) has been genetically linked to late-onset Alzheimer's disease...
- Alveolar type I cells protect rat lung epithelium from oxidative injuryJiwang Chen
Department of Physiological Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Physiol 572:625-38. 2006..Nine out of 10 selected genes were verified by quantitative real-time PCR. Two genes, apolipoprotein E (Apo E) and transferrin, were further characterized and functionally studied...
- 24(S)-hydroxycholesterol participates in a liver X receptor-controlled pathway in astrocytes that regulates apolipoprotein E-mediated cholesterol effluxKarlygash Abildayeva
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Brain and Behavior European Graduate School of Neuroscience, EURON, University of Maastricht, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 281:12799-808. 2006Both apolipoprotein E (apoE) and 24(S)-hydroxycholesterol are involved in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Effect of fungal polysaccharides on the modulation of plasma proteins in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsSang Woo Kim
Department of Biotechnology, Daegu University, Kyungsan, Kyungbuk, Korea
Proteomics 6:5291-302. 2006..effect of diabetes induction on the pattern of rat plasma proteins includes the down-regulation of albumin, apolipoprotein E (Apo E), alpha1-inhibitor-3, fetuin beta, Gc-globulin, hemopexin, vitronectin, and transthyretin (TTR) ..
- Apolipoprotein E and low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein facilitate intraneuronal Abeta42 accumulation in amyloid model miceCelina V Zerbinatti
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 281:36180-6. 2006..Interestingly, PDAPP mice lacking apolipoprotein E (apoE) had much less intraneuronal Abeta42...
- C-terminal apolipoprotein E-derived peptide, Ep1.B, displays anti-atherogenic activityLeila Bocksch
Vascular Biology Group, Robarts Research Institute, Canada
Atherosclerosis 194:116-24. 2007b>Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) is a lipid transport protein with expanded functions in cellular responses to tissue injury, immune regulation and cell growth...
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines modulate glial apolipoprotein E secretionRosanne Aleong
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Curr Alzheimer Res 5:33-7. 2008..Studies have also established the apolipoprotein E (apoE) gene to be a risk factor for AD with epsilon4 carriers having been found to show lower levels of brain ..
- The efficacy of apolipoprotein E deficiency in cerebral aneurysm formationTomohiro Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Int J Mol Med 21:453-9. 2008..The relation of hypercholesterolemia and apolipoprotein E (ApoE) to cerebral aneurysm formation, has been unclear until now...
- Brain apolipoprotein E: an important regulator of food intake in ratsLing Shen
Cincinnati Obesity Research Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Diabetes 57:2092-8. 2008....
- Food-entrained rhythmic expression of apolipoprotein E expression in the hypothalamus of ratsLing Shen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Brain Res 1273:66-71. 2009b>Apolipoprotein E (apoE) is a protein mainly synthesized in the liver and brain...
- Activated retinal glia promote neurite outgrowth of retinal ganglion cells via apolipoprotein EBarbara Lorber
Molecular Neuroscience Group, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Neurosci Res 87:2645-52. 2009..Glial-related neurite outgrowth appears to be, at least in part, mediated via apolipoprotein E (ApoE), which is expressed by activated retinal astrocytes and Müller glia...
- Inducible NOS as a Treatment Target in CLLJ Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Acupuncture for treatment of acute spinal cord injuryAmitabh Jha; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Amyloid beta conformation-specific monoclonal antibodiesMary Jo Ladu; Fiscal Year: 2005..5. An ELISA capture assay will be designed, using existing and novel antibodies, to facilitate measurement of soluble AÂ¿ oligomers in extracts of brain, CSF, and sera. ..
- APOE AND BETA AMYLOID INTERACTIONS--EFFECTS ON NEUROTOXMary Jo Ladu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Brain Apolipoprotein AIV, Food Intake and ObesityMin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..This new knowledge may lead to novel targets for preventive and therapeutic interventions that will be particularly important to the growing numbers of obese persons in this country. ..
- Novel Restorative Therapy For Spinal Cord InjuryFeng Qiao Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..developed an anti-inflammatory/neuroprotective peptide, COG133 derived from the receptor-binding region of apolipoprotein E (apoE)...
- Development of Remyelinating AgentsFeng Qiao Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our interest in developing apolipoprotein E-based remyelinating agents is derived from our unique understanding that 1) apoE is the principal ..
- Autoimmunity and Pathogenesis of GlomerulonephritisHarini Bagavant; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide insights into pathogenesis of lupus nephritis and identify checkpoints for intervention in patients. ..
- Regulatory T cells in Systemic Lupus ErythematosusHarini Bagavant; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will help to overcome the lag period in my career induced by my leave of absence and return to a new field of study, and will facilitate my aim of becoming an independent scientist. ..
- Novel Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis (SBIR-Phase II)Feng Qiao Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..