Gene Symbol: Apoh
Description: apolipoprotein H
Alias: beta-2-glycoprotein 1, B2GPI, apo-H, beta(2)GPI, beta-2-glycoprotein I
- A non-complement-fixing antibody to β2 glycoprotein I as a novel therapy for antiphospholipid syndromeChiara Agostinis
Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Burlo Garofolo, Trieste, Italy
Blood 123:3478-87. 2014..The CH2-deleted antibody represents an innovative approach potentially useful to treat APS patients refractory to standard therapy. ..
- Identification of novel liver-specific mRNAs in plasma for biomarkers of drug-induced liver injury and quantitative evaluation in rats treated with various hepatotoxic compoundsShingo Okubo
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
Toxicol Sci 132:21-31. 2013..Among six genes selected from the database, high liver specificity of apolipoprotein h (Apoh) and group-specific component (Gc) mRNAs were confirmed by reverse transcription (RT)-PCR and the copy numbers of ..
- Dietary oil modifies the plasma proteome during aging in the ratMonica Santos-Gonzalez
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Fisiologia e Inmunologia, University of Cordoba, Spain
Age (Dordr) 34:341-58. 2012..Our unbiased analysis reinforces the beneficial role of a diet rich in virgin olive oil compared with a diet rich in sunflower oil, modulating inflammation, homeostasis, oxidative stress, and cardiovascular risk during aging...
- Anti-beta 2-glycoprotein I antibodies bind to central nervous systemB Caronti
Dipartimento di Science Neurologiche, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurol Sci 156:211-9. 1998..Because of the presence of aCL in all patient sera, and the CNS involvement in three control patients, it is not possible to attribute a direct role for a beta 2-GPI in neurological diseases in this study...
- beta 2-glycoprotein I (apolipoprotein H) modulates uptake and endocytosis associated chemiluminescence in rat Kupffer cellsL F Gomes
Disciplina de Patologia, Departamento de Analises Clinicas e Toxicologicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Lineu Prestes n 580, Bloco 17 superior CEP 05508 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Free Radic Res 36:741-7. 2002beta 2-Glycoprotein I (beta 2 GPI) is known to influence macrophage uptake of particles with phosphatidylserine containing surfaces, as apoptotic thymocytes and unilamellar vesicles in vitro...
- Relation of preexisting anti-beta2GPI antibodies to infarct size in a rat modelI Barshack
Department of Pathology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Cardiovasc Pathol 12:195-201. 2003..Herein, we evaluated the role of preexisting high levels of aPL antibodies in determining the size of the infarct induced by permanent ligation of the left anterior descending artery (LAD) in a rat model...
- Proteomic analysis of vitreous from diabetic macular edemaMasayuki Ouchi
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kawaramachi Hirokoji Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 0841, Kyoto, Japan
Exp Eye Res 81:176-82. 2005..On the other hand, Apo H was expressed only in non-DME. Certain vitreous proteins expressed exclusively in DME and lacked in DME...
- Beta-2-glycoprotein I is growth regulated and plays a role as survival factor for hepatocytesMaurizio Averna
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 141, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:1297-305. 2004....
- Urgent termination of pregnancy in pre-eclampsia and panel of antiphospholipid antibodiesLibor Hradecky
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Charles University and Faculty Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Am J Reprod Immunol 62:412-7. 2009....
- Elevation of apolipoprotein A-I and apolipoprotein H levels in the vitreous fluid and overexpression in the retina of diabetic patientsRafael Simo
Diabetes Research Unit, Institut de Recerca Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Pg Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1076-81. 2008To determine levels of apolipoprotein (apo) A-I and apo H in the vitreous fluid of patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) and to examine whether apo A-I and apo H messenger RNA (mRNA) levels are overexpressed in the ..
- Autoantibodies to the atheroma component beta2-glycoprotein I and risk of symptomatic peripheral artery diseaseMarcus Franck
Department of Rheumatology, Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Angiology 58:295-302. 2007..The occurrence of these autoantibodies might represent one of the links between autoimmunity and atherosclerosis in patients with sPAD...
- Oxidized low-density lipoprotein/beta2-glycoprotein I complexes and autoantibodies in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusLuis R Lopez
Corgenix Inc, 12061 Tejon Street, Westminster, CO 80234, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1051:97-103. 2005..The interaction of oxLDL with beta(2)-GPI in circulation suggests the intriguing possibility that oxLDL/beta(2)-GPI complexes may also play a role in the development of atherosclerosis and/or cardiovascular complications in DM...
- Thrombus formation induced by antibodies to beta2-glycoprotein I is complement dependent and requires a priming factorFabio Fischetti
Department of Physiology and Pathology, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Blood 106:2340-6. 2005..In conclusion, our data indicate that antibodies to beta2-glycoprotein I trigger coagulation subsequent to a priming proinflammatory factor and that the terminal C complex is the main mediator of the coagulation process...
- The role of beta2-glycoprotein I in liposome-hepatocyte interactionX Yan
Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, Department of Cell Biology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1667:208-14. 2004..On the contrary, an inhibitory effect was observed. We conclude that despite abundant adsorption to negatively charged liposomes, beta2GP1 inhibits, rather than enhances, liposome uptake by liver cells...
- Beta 2 glycoprotein I--function in health and diseaseSpiros Miyakis
Department of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, University of New South Wales, St George Hospital, 2 South Street, Kogarah, NSW 2217, Australia
Thromb Res 114:335-46. 2004..Moreover, because beta2GPI is the dominant autoantigen in patients with APS, dysregulation of this pathway by autoantibodies may be an important mechanism for thrombosis in patients with APS...
- Anti-beta2-glycoprotein I antibodies as risk factors for acute myocardial infarctionAline Ranzolin
Hospital Sao Lucas, PUCRS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 83:141-4; 137-40. 2004..To determine whether high levels of antibodies against the phospholipid beta2-glycoprotein I (beta2-gpI) cofactor are associated with an increase in the risk of acute myocardial infarction...
- The primary structure of rat beta 2-glycoprotein IY Aoyama
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chicago, IL 60637
Nucleic Acids Res 17:6401. 1989
- Antibodies to the atherosclerotic plaque components beta2-glycoprotein I and heat-shock proteins as risk factors for acute cerebral ischemiaHenrique Luiz Staub
Laborat rio de Imunorreumatologia, Pontif cia Universidade Cat lica do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 61:757-63. 2003..The association occurred independently of other risk factors. This humoral response might link autoimmunity, thrombophilia and atherosclerosis in stroke patients...
- Beta 2-glycoprotein I is a good indicator of certain adverse pregnancy conditionsZ Ulcova-Gallova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charles University, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Int J Fertil Womens Med 46:304-8. 2001..To compare levels of beta2-glycoprotein I antibodies with six different antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) in sera from patients with certain adverse pregnancy conditions...
- Apolipoprotein H is increased in type 2 diabetic patients with microalbuminuriaP Cavallo Perin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 10:311-4. 2000Serum apolipoprotein H (Apo H) levels are increased in hyperlipidemic subjects and type 2 diabetics, but unknown in microalbuminuria, another disorder with an increased cardiovascular risk...
- Beta2-glycoprotein I-dependent and -independent anticardiolipin antibody in non-obese diabetic (NOD) miceK Anzai
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 111:173-80. 1998..In conclusion, aCL with multiple antigenic specificity were produced in NOD mice along with the development of insulitis and diabetes. NOD mice should thus be added to the list of animal models possessing antiphospholipid antibody...
- Influence of APOH protein polymorphism on apoH levels in normal and diabetic subjectsG Ruiu
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Italy
Clin Genet 52:167-72. 1997..b>APOH displays a genetically determined structural polymorphism: three alleles (APOH*1, APOH*2, APOH*3) at a single locus ..
- Studies on the possible function of beta 2-glycoprotein-I: influence in the triglyceride metabolism in the ratH Wurm
Metabolism 31:484-6. 1982..It is concluded that beta 2-glycoprotein-I affects the triglyceride clearance under these experimental conditions...