Genomes and Genes
angiotensin converting enzyme
Gene Symbol: angiotensin converting enzyme
Description: angiotensin I converting enzyme
Alias: CD143, Dcp1, StsRR92, angiotensin-converting enzyme, Dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase 1 (Angiotensin I-converting enzyme), angiotensin 1 converting enzyme 1, angiotensin I converting enzyme (peptidyl-dipeptidase A) 1, angiotensin I converting enzyme 1, angiotensin I-converting enzyme (Dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase 1), dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase I, kininase II
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Blockade of endogenous angiotensin-(1-7) in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus reduces renal sympathetic toneAna Quênia Gomes da Silva
Departamento de Fisiologia e Biofisica, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Hypertension 46:341-8. 2005..These results suggest that Ang-(1-7) Mas receptors and AT2 receptors in the PVN neurons play a role in mediating the tonic maintenance of RSNA...
- Epistatic interaction between variations in the angiotensin I converting enzyme and angiotensin II type 1 receptor genes in relation to extent of coronary atherosclerosisS Ye
Human Genetics Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Heart 89:1195-9. 2003..To test the hypothesis that gene-gene interaction of the renin-angiotensin system is associated with an effect on the extent of coronary atherosclerosis...
- Impaired heart rate baroreflex in older rats: role of endogenous angiotensin-(1-7) at the nucleus tractus solitariiAtsushi Sakima
The Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Department of General Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1032, USA
Hypertension 46:333-40. 2005..The attenuated counterbalancing effect of Ang-(1-7) on baroreflex function is lost in older rats, which may be attributable to diminished production of the peptide from neprilysin...
- Dietary sodium deprivation evokes activation of brain regional neurons and down-regulation of angiotensin II type 1 receptor and angiotensin-convertion enzyme mRNA expressionB Lu
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases, Ministry of Education, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, 76 W Yanta Road, Xi an, 710061, PR China
Neuroscience 164:1303-11. 2009....
- The angiotensin-converting enzyme 2/angiogenesis-(1-7)/Mas axis confers cardiopulmonary protection against lung fibrosis and pulmonary hypertensionVinayak Shenoy
Department of Pharmacodynamics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:1065-72. 2010..The recent discovery of a counterregulatory axis of the renin angiotensin system composed of ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas has led us to examine the role of this vasoprotective axis on such disorders...
- Relationships between angiotensin I converting enzyme gene polymorphism, plasma levels, and diabetic retinal and renal complicationsM Marre
Medical Department B, University Hospital, Angers, France
Diabetes 43:384-8. 1994..0022). The II genotype of ACE gene is a marker for reduced risk for diabetic nephropathy...
- Angiotensin I-converting enzyme genotype influences arterial response to injury in normotensive ratsM Challah
INSERM Unité 460, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 18:235-43. 1998....
- Species-specific splicing and expression of angiotensin converting enzymeXiao Li Tian
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Benjamin Franklin Medical Center, Free University of Berlin, Gary Str 5, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 66:1037-44. 2003b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) is a critical determinant in the pathogenesis of various cardiovascular diseases and in the control of male fertility...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism in Behçet's diseaseM Akif Ozturk
Department of Rheumatology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 23:142-6. 2004..Moreover, possession of either the D or the I allele does not have an impact on the development of ocular, neurologic or vascular manifestations of the disease...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme I/D polymorphism in Behçet's diseaseSebahat Turgut
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
Med Princ Pract 14:213-6. 2005..To investigate a potential relationship between I/D polymorphism within intron 16 of the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene located on human chromosome 17 and Behçet's disease...
- Angiotensin II exerts positive feedback on the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system by an angiotensin converting enzyme-dependent mechanismJavid Sadjadi
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Surg Res 129:272-7. 2005..This study tested the hypothesis that an incremental increase in plasma ANG II induces the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system (RAS) in the non-ischemic kidney by an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) dependent mechanism.
- Antihypertensives as novel antineoplastics: angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockers in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaHwyda A Arafat
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:996-1005; discussion 1005-6. 2007..Angiotensin II (AngII), which has been shown to increase VEGF production in a variety of cancers, is actively generated in the pancreas. We hypothesized that AngII plays a crucial role in PDA-associated angiogenesis...
- Blockade of sensory abnormalities and kinin B(1) receptor expression by N-acetyl-L-cysteine and ramipril in a rat model of insulin resistanceMahmoud Ali Ismael
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 589:66-72. 2008..Both therapies were associated with a reduction of the expression of the pro-nociceptive kinin B(1) receptor...
- The deletion/insertion polymorphism of the angiotensin converting enzyme gene and cardiovascular-renal riskJ A Staessen
Department of Molecular and Cardiovascular Research, University of Leuven, Belgium
J Hypertens 15:1579-92. 1997This meta-analysis attempted to derive pooled estimates for the associations between various cardiovascular-renal disorders and the deletion/insertion (D/I) polymorphism of the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene.
- Upregulation of a local renin-angiotensin system in the rat carotid body during chronic intermittent hypoxiaSiu Yin Lam
M L Fung Department of Physiology, University of Hong Kong, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Exp Physiol 99:220-31. 2014..Collectively, the upregulated local RAS expression could play a pathogenic role in the augmented CB activity and local inflammation via AT1 receptor activation during IH conditions in patients with sleep-disordered breathing. ..
- Atrial fibrosis in a chronic murine model of obstructive sleep apnea: mechanisms and prevention by mesenchymal stem cellsPablo Ramos
Thorax Institute, Unitat de Fibril lació Auricular, Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona and Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Respir Res 15:54. 2014..The aims of this work were to determine whether chronic obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) induces an atrial pro-arrhythmogenic substrate and to explore whether mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) are able to prevent it in a rat model of OSA...
- Persistent change in cardiac fibroblast physiology after transient ACE inhibitionK M D'Souza
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Phoenix, Arizona
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 309:H1346-53. 2015..It may be that the cardioprotective effects of ACE inhibition are related in part to beneficial changes in cardiac fibroblast physiology. ..
- Some characteristics of a peptidyl dipeptidase (kininase II) from rat CSF: differential effects of NaCl on the sequential degradation steps of bradykininT Yoshida
Department of Physiology, Mie University School of Medicine, Japan
J Neurochem 55:1861-9. 1990..presence in CSF of a peptidyl dipeptidase [peptidyl dipeptide hydrolase; angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE); kininase II; EC 3.4.15...
- Angiotensin I-converting enzyme gene polymorphism is associated with myocardial infarction, but not with retinopathy or nephropathy, in NIDDMT Fujisawa
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Diabetes Care 18:983-5. 1995..To clarify the relationship between the angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) gene polymorphism and diabetic micro- and macroangiopathy in patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM)...
- Role of angiotensin converting enzyme in the vascular effects of an endopeptidase 24.15 inhibitorS E Telford
Baker Medical Research Institute, Prahran, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 114:1185-92. 19951. We investigated the role of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) in the cardiovascular effects of N-[1-(R,S)-carboxy-3-phenylpropyl]-Ala-Ala-Tyr-p-aminobenzoate (cFP), a peptidase inhibitor selective for metalloendopeptidase (EP) E.C...
- Suppression of angiotensin-converting enzyme expression and activity by shear stressM J Rieder
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Circ Res 80:312-9. 1997..These studies suggest that elevations in the level of shear stress alter endothelial cell function by suppressing ACE gene and protein expression in vitro and in vivo...
- Association of 3 gene polymorphisms with atopic diseasesL Holla
Institute of Pathological Physiology, Medical Faculty, Masaryk University Brno, Czech Republic
J Allergy Clin Immunol 103:702-8. 1999..This enzyme is also involved in the conversion or activation of 2 bronchoconstriction mediators: angiotensin II from angiotensinogen and endothelin (ET), respectively...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme in non-neoplastic kidney diseasesR Metzger
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
Kidney Int 56:1442-54. 1999The angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE, CD143, kininase II) plays a critical role in controlling the level of vasoactive peptides such as angiotensins and kinins in the local circulations and tissue interstitium...
- Cardiac angiotensin II participates in coronary microvessel inflammation of unstable angina and strengthens the immunomediated componentGian Gastone Neri Serneri
Clinica Medica Generale e Cardiologia, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
Circ Res 94:1630-7. 2004..These results show that locally generated Ang II amplifies the immunomediated inflammatory process of coronary microvessels occurring in unstable angina...
- Polymorphism of the ACE Gene in dialysis patients: overexpression of DD genotype in type 2 diabetic end-stage renal failure patientsHyeong Cheon Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 146 92 Dogok dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 46:779-87. 2005..These findings may substantiate the previously noted relationship between the ACE DD genotype and the progression of diabetic nephropathy in Korean type 2 diabetic patients...
- Effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism and serum vitamin D levels on ambulatory blood pressure measurement and left ventricular mass in Turkish hypertensive populationEyup Kulah
Department of Nephrology, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak, Turkey
Blood Press Monit 12:207-13. 2007Regulation of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and angiotensin II (ang-II) levels is under genetic control...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism is associated with anemia in non small-cell lung cancerArzu Yaren
University of Pamukkale, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Denizli, Turkey
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 233:32-7. 2008..02; P=0.001). Our findings suggest that I/D polymorphism of the ACE gene may influence the development of anemia in patients with NSCLC...
- Upregulation of Th1 cytokine profile in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of patients with hypersensitivity pneumonitisR M Mroz
Department of Pneumology, Bialystok Medical University, Bialystok, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 59:499-505. 2008..68, P=0.015) and a negative one between IL-12 and the percentage of macrophages in BALF (r=-0.64, P=0.024). We conclude that upregulation of the Th1 cell cytokine profile may play a significant role in the pathogenesis of HP...
- Association between renin-angiotensin system gene polymorphism and recurrent wheezing in Chinese children: a 4-year follow-up studyS Guo
Department of Paediatrics, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
J Int Med Res 37:351-8. 2009..Patients with the DD genotype had a higher frequency of relapse than patients expressing the ID or II genotypes. It is concluded that the DD genotype of ACE is a risk factor for recurrent wheezing in early childhood...
- Inhibitory effect of αS1- and αS2-casein hydrolysates on angiotensin I-converting enzyme in human endothelial cells in vitro, rat aortic tissue ex vivo, and renovascular hypertensive rats in vivoD Rousseau-Ralliard
INRA, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1154 INRA Université Paris Sud 11, Laboratoire Lipides membranaires et régulations fonctionnelles du coeur et des vaisseaux, Chatenay Malabry, F 92296 France
J Dairy Sci 93:2906-21. 2010A great number of milk-derived peptides have been shown to exhibit angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitory properties and thus potential utility in the regulation of blood pressure...
- Investigation of ocular neovascularization-related genes and oxidative stress in diabetic rat eye tissues after resveratrol treatmentAtiye Seda Yar
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
J Med Food 15:391-8. 2012..Although oxidative stress was increased in eye tissue from diabetic rats, mRNA levels of VEGF, MMP-9, and ACE genes associated with vascular remodeling did not change in diabetic eyes...
- Tissue-specific upregulation of angiotensin-converting enzyme 1 in spontaneously hypertensive rats through histone code modificationsHae Ahm Lee
Department of Pharmacology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, 101 Dongin 2 Ga, Daegu, 700 422 Republic of Korea
Hypertension 59:621-6. 2012..In conclusion, ACE1 is upregulated in local tissues of SHRs via histone code modifications...
- Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor therapy initiation with a reduction in hemoglobin levels in patients without renal failureEran Leshem-Rubinow
Department of Medicine D, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Mayo Clin Proc 87:1189-95. 2012....
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition and angiotensin AT1 receptor blockade downregulate angiotensin-converting enzyme expression and attenuate renal injury in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsTarek K Motawi
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 27:378-87. 2013..Prevention of diabetes-induced changes in ACE expression and Na(+) /K(+) -ATPase activity could be a new explanation of the renoprotective effects of ACEIs and ARBs...
- NQO1 activation regulates angiotensin-converting enzyme shedding in spontaneously hypertensive ratsYong Hoon Kim
Laboratory Animal Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, South Korea
Cardiovasc Res 99:743-50. 2013..In this study, we evaluated whether NQO1 activation by βL modulates BP through regulation of ACE shedding in an animal model of hypertension...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2/angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas axis protects against lung fibrosis by inhibiting the MAPK/NF-κB pathwayYing Meng
1 Department of Respiratory Diseases, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 50:723-36. 2014..Up-regulation of the ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas axis protected against pulmonary fibrosis by inhibiting the MAPK/NF-κB pathway. However, close attention should be paid to the proinflammatory effects of Ang-(1-7). ..
- Chronic infusion of enalaprilat into hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus attenuates angiotensin II-induced hypertension and cardiac hypertrophy by restoring neurotransmitters and cytokinesYu Ming Kang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Xi an Jiaotong University Cardiovascular Research Center, Xi an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi an 710061, China Electronic address
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 274:436-44. 2014....
- Inhibition of AAA in a rat model by treatment with ACEI perindoprilFei Xiong
Department of Vascular Surgery, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
J Surg Res 189:166-73. 2014The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effect of a new angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor perindopril on the formation of experimental abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs) in a rat model induced by intraluminal elastase ..
- Inhibition of ACE Retards Tau Hyperphosphorylation and Signs of Neuronal Degeneration in Aged Rats Subjected to Chronic Mild StressSaid AbdAlla
Molecular Pharmacology Unit, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Biomed Res Int 2015:917156. 2015..Moreover, ACE inhibitor treatment could counteract glutamate neurotoxicity by preventing the downregulation of glutamate decarboxylase 2 (Gad2). Taken together, ACE inhibition targets neurodegeneration triggered by environmental stress. ..
- Interaction of angiotensin I-converting enzyme insertion-deletion polymorphism and daily salt intake influences hypertension in Japanese menLing Zhang
Department of Molecular Epidemiology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Hypertens Res 29:751-8. 2006..042). Our results suggest that ACE I/D and daily salt intake constitute a gene-environment interaction, which may be further modulated by overweight...
- ACE-inhibitor suppresses the apoptosis induced by endoplasmic reticulum stress in renal tubular in experimental diabetic ratsH L Sun
Department of Nephrology, Shenzhen Affiliated Hospital, Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1 Fuhua Road, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 117:336-44. 2009..The effects of ACE inhibitor on the endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis were also assessed...
- The impact of statins, ACE inhibitors and gastric acid suppressants on pneumonia mortality in a UK general practice population cohortPuja R Myles
Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Nottingham, Clinical Sciences Building, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:697-703. 2009..Pneumonia is a common diagnosis in general practice in the United Kingdom. Previous studies suggest that commonly prescribed drugs in general practice may influence pneumonia mortality...
- The angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitor enalapril and aspirin delay progression of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and cancer formation in a genetically engineered mouse model of pancreatic cancerVolker Fendrich
Department of Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg, Germany
Gut 59:630-7. 2010..In this study, we used a genetically engineered mouse model of pancreatic cancer to evaluate the chemopreventive potential of these drugs...
- Effect of enalapril on exercise cardiopulmonary performance in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A pilot studyFabiano Di Marco
Clinica di Malattie dell Apparato Respiratorio, Ospedale San Paolo, Università degli Studi di, 20142 Milano, Italy
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 23:159-64. 2010..The aim of this pilot study was to evaluate the efficacy of an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor on cardiopulmonary exercise performance in COPD patients...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme I/D polymorphism in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseS Pabst
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Pulmonary Division, Department of Medicine, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Med Res 14:177-81. 2009..The aim of the study was to find out whether the ACE gene polymorphism can determine the course of COPD...
- Ventilator-induced inflammatory response in lipopolysaccharide-exposed rat lung is mediated by angiotensin-converting enzymeRoelie M Wösten-van Asperen
Department of Pediatric Intensive Care, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 176:2219-27. 2010..In conclusion, during mechanical ventilation ACE, via Ang II, mediates the inflammatory response of both healthy and preinjured lungs...
- Evidence for the involvement of NADPH oxidase in ischemia/reperfusion-induced gastric damage via angiotensin IIA Nakagiri
Department of Pharmacotherapeutics, Clinical Pharmacy, Doshisha Women s College of Liberal Arts, Kodo, Kyotanabe, Kyoto, Japan
J Physiol Pharmacol 61:171-9. 2010..These results suggest that ischemia/reperfusion generated reactive oxygen species are derived from NADPH oxidase activation via AT1 receptor in rat stomachs...
- Angiotensinogen and angiotensin-converting enzyme mRNA decrease and AT1 receptor mRNA and protein increase in epididymal fat tissue accompany age-induced elevation of adiposity and reductions in expression of GLUT4 and peroxisome proliferator-activated reK Krskova
Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
J Physiol Pharmacol 62:403-10. 2011..We believe that this complex regulation of adipose tissue RAS slows down the negative age and adiposity related changes in adipose tissue leptin, adiponectin, GLUT4 and PPARgamma...
- Molecular imaging of human ACE-1 expression in transgenic ratsVasken Dilsizian
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1595, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 5:409-18. 2012..The aim of this study was to develop a molecular imaging strategy that can monitor myocardial angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)-1 upregulation as a function of progressive heart failure...
- Interdependent effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme and platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase gene polymorphisms on the progression of immunoglobulin A nephropathyH J Yoon
Seoul Clinical Genomics Inc, Seoul, Korea, School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Clin Genet 62:128-34. 2002..5; 95% CI, 1.6-12.7). These results suggest that the interdependent effects of ACE and PAF-AH polymorphisms on the progression of IgA nephropathy might be more important than the effect of the individual polymorphisms...
- Inflammation alters angiotensin converting enzymes (ACE and ACE-2) balance in rat heartSherif Hanafy
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6G 2N8
Inflammation 34:609-13. 2011..Disruption of the balance between ACE and ACE-2 observed in inflammation may be, at least in part, involved in the cardiovascular complications seen in patients with inflammatory diseases...
- Effect of captopril treatment on recuperation from ischemia/reperfusion-induced acute renal injuryShai Efrati
Research and Development Unit, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin 70300, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:136-45. 2012..We investigated the role of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibition on the progression of AKI in a rat model of ischemia/reperfusion...
- Distribution of the activity of the angiotensin-converting enzyme in the rat aorta and changes in the activity with aging and by the action of L-NAMEAntonina F Korystova
Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, Russia
Age (Dordr) 34:821-30. 2012....
- Rat Ace allele variation determines susceptibility to AngII-induced renal damageJelena Kamilic
Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 12:420-9. 2011....
- Central angiotensin converting enzyme facilitates memory impairment in intracerebroventricular streptozotocin treated ratsSantoshkumar Tota
Division of Pharmacology, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow U P India
Behav Brain Res 226:317-30. 2012..However, exact role of RAS in cognition is still ambiguous. Our aim was to explore how angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) modulates memory in experimental model of memory impairment...
- Time course involvement of matrix metalloproteinases in the vascular alterations of renovascular hypertensionCarla S Ceron
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, 14049 900, Brazil
Matrix Biol 31:261-70. 2012..Plasma angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) activity was measured to assess renin-angiotensin system activation...
- Differential regulation of circulating and renal ACE2 and ACE in hypertensive mRen2.Lewis rats with early-onset diabetesLiliya M Yamaleyeva
Hypertension and Vascular Research Center, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 302:F1374-84. 2012..In conclusion, female mRen2 rats are not protected from vascular damage, renal inflammation, and kidney injury in early STZ-induced diabetes despite a marked increase in circulating ACE2 and significantly reduced ACE within the kidney...
- [Autoregulation of cerebral blood flow]E Zderkiewicz
Pol Tyg Lek 33:1157-9. 1978
- Cosegregation of blood pressure with angiotensin converting enzyme and atrial natriuretic peptide receptor genes using Dahl salt-sensitive ratsY Deng
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699
Nat Genet 1:267-72. 1992We have evaluated the genes for angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and guanylyl cyclase A/atrial natriuretic peptide receptor (GCA) for genetic effects on blood pressure response to high salt diet...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor versus angiotensin II, AT1 receptor antagonist. Effects on smooth muscle cell migration and proliferation after balloon catheter injuryM F Prescott
Research Department, CIBA GEIGY Corporation, Summit, New Jersey 07901
Am J Pathol 139:1291-6. 1991..A more pronounced reduction in lesion size was obtained after AT1 antagonism, however, when both SMC migration and proliferation were inhibited...
- Locus for the inducible, but not a constitutive, nitric oxide synthase cosegregates with blood pressure in the Dahl salt-sensitive ratA Y Deng
Department of Physiology and Molecular Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699, USA
J Clin Invest 95:2170-7. 1995..In F2(S x MNS) functionally variant alleles at both QTL influence blood pressure, but in F2(S x WKY) only the QTL marked by Nos2 is segregating alleles influencing blood pressure...
- Genetic linkage of the ACE gene to plasma angiotensin-converting enzyme activity but not to blood pressure. A quantitative trait locus confers identical complex phenotypes in human and rat hypertensionR Kreutz
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 92:2381-4. 1995..We therefore investigated the genetic determination of plasma ACE activity and its relation to blood pressure and dietary NaCl exposure in a model of experimental genetic hypertension, the SHRSPHD...
- Heart mass and blood pressure have separate genetic determinants in the New Zealand genetically hypertensive (GH) ratE L Harris
Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Hypertens 13:397-404. 1995..To determine associations between cardiovascular parameters and genotype in 205 F2 rats of both sexes and lineages from reciprocal crosses made between rats of the New Zealand genetically hypertensive (GH) and Brown Norway (BN) rat strains...
- Lack of association of polymorphisms of the angiotensin converting enzyme and angiotensinogen genes with nonfamilial hypertrophic or dilated cardiomyopathyY Yamada
Department of Geriatric Research, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, Obu, Aichi, Japan
Am J Hypertens 10:921-8. 1997..An allelic association study for the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and angiotensinogen genes has now been performed with 71 patients with nonfamilial HCM, 88 ..
- Rat angiotensin-converting enzyme promoter regulation by beta-adrenergics and cAMP in endotheliumJ Xavier-Neto
Laboratório de Genética e Cardiologia Molecular e Dept Clínica Médica LIM 13, Instituto do Coracao, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hypertension 34:31-8. 1999..In summary, beta-adrenergic activation of rat ACE promoter is specific; uses G(s) proteins, adenylyl cyclase, protein kinase A; and probably includes cAMP responsive element-like sequences...
- Release of angiotensin-(1-7) from the rat hindlimb: influence of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitionM C Chappell
Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1095, USA
Hypertension 35:348-52. 2000..Neprilysin inhibition reduced but did not abolish Ang-(1-7) release, which suggests that other endopeptidases may contribute to the release of the peptide...
- Nitric oxide synthase mRNA levels correlate with gene expression of angiotensin II type-1 but not type-2 receptors, renin or angiotensin converting enzyme in selected brain areasO Krizanova
Institute of Molecular Physiology and Genetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
Physiol Res 50:473-80. 2001..the sites of gene expression of different components of the rat brain renin angiotensin system (renin, angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) or angiotensin receptors of AT1 and AT2 subtypes)...
- Germinal angiotensin I-converting enzyme is totally shed from the rodent sperm membrane during epididymal maturationSonia Metayer
Equipe Spermatozoïdes, UMR 6073 INRA CNRS, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Centre de Nouzilly, 37380 Monnaie, France
Biol Reprod 67:1763-7. 2002..This result is discussed in view of the suggested role for this enzyme in sperm fertility...
- Involvement of renal ACE activity in proteinuria-associated renal damage in untreated and treated adriamycin nephrotic ratsHendrik Bos
Department of Nephrology, Groningen University, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 4:106-12. 2003..Renal ACE activity is a consistent marker of individual differences in proteinuria-associated renal damage: further studies are needed to investigate a possible pathogenetic role in renal damage...
- Regulation of the angiotensin-converting enzyme activity by a time-course hypoxia in the carotid bodySiu Yin Lam
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
J Appl Physiol (1985) 96:809-13. 2004..This may be important in the modulation of cardiopulmonary adaptation in the hypoxic ventilatory response as well as for electrolyte and water homeostasis during chronic hypoxia...
- Increases in brain and cardiac AT1 receptor and ACE densities after myocardial infarct in ratsJunhui Tan
Hypertension Unit, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 4W7
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H1665-71. 2004..Brain OLC appears to play a major role in activation of brain RAS in rats after MI and, to a modest degree, in activation of the cardiac RAS...
- Identification of two novel shear stress responsive elements in rat angiotensin I converting enzyme promoterAyumi Aurea Miyakawa
Laboratory of Genetic and Molecular Cardiology, Heart Institute InCor and Internal Medicine Department LIM13, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, 05403 901 São Paulo SP, Brazil
Physiol Genomics 17:107-13. 2004....
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition modulates mitogen-activated protein kinase family expressions in the neonatal rat kidneyByung Min Choi
Department of Pediatrics, Korea University, 152 703, Seoul, Korea
Pediatr Res 57:115-23. 2005..JNK and p38 may be implicated to participate in angiotensin II-related intracellular signaling pathways of renal apoptosis in the developing kidney...
- Targeting the renin-angiotensin system: what's new?B J Leckie
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, RK Clinical Sciences Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Curr Med Chem Cardiovasc Hematol Agents 3:23-32. 2005..11 may be of value where there is both sodium retention and increased angiotensin II. Targeting the renin-angiotensin system by gene therapy or antibody treatment may provide a longer-term treatment for hypertension...
- Myocardial infarction increases ACE2 expression in rat and humansLouise M Burrell
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Repatriation Heidelberg Hospital, Heidelberg 3081, Victoria, Australia
Eur Heart J 26:369-75; discussion 322-4. 2005b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) 2 catalyses the cleavage of angiotensin (Ang) I to Ang 1-9 and of Ang II to Ang 1-7...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme-independent angiotensin ii production by chymase is up-regulated in the ischemic kidney in renovascular hypertensionJavid Sadjadi
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Surg Res 127:65-9. 2005..It has been demonstrated previously that intrarenal ANG II is augmented by an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) dependent mechanism in the non-ischemic kidney, but the role of ACE-independent production of ..
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition attenuates myonuclear addition in overloaded slow-twitch skeletal muscleChristopher M Westerkamp
Human Performance Laboratory, 363 Ward Sports Medicine Bldg, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 289:R1223-31. 2005....
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) and ACE activities display tissue-specific sensitivity to undernutrition-programmed hypertension in the adult ratGuillaume Rivière
The UPRES EA 2701, Laboratoire de Neuroendocrinologie du Developpement, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Hypertension 46:1169-74. 2005..Our results indicate that ACE2 and ACE are coexpressed in numerous rat tissues and that their increased activity in the lung of FR30 rats may participate in hypertension programming...
- Effects of blockade of the renin-angiotensin and endothelin systems on experimental bronchiolitis obliteransBalazs Antus
Department of Pathophysiology, National Koranyi Institute for TB and Pulmonology, Budapest, Hungary
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:1324-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to test which of these pharmacologic interventions attenuates the process more effectively, and whether combination therapy confers additional benefit...
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection of mice transgenic for the human Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 virus receptorChien Te K Tseng
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, G 150 Keiller Building, Galveston, TX 77555 0609, USA
J Virol 81:1162-73. 2007....
- No contribution of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene variants to severe obesity: a model for comprehensive case/control and quantitative cladistic analysis of ACE in human diseasesChristopher G Bell
Genomic Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 15:320-7. 2007..Such a study design exemplifies the strategy needed to clearly define the contribution of the ACE gene to the plethora of complex genetic diseases where weak associations have been previously reported...
- Association of somatic and N-domain angiotensin-converting enzymes from Wistar rat tissue with renal dysfunction in diabetes mellitusFernanda A Ronchi
Department of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 8:34-41. 2007..The modulation of angiotensin peptides suggests that sACE, nACE, ACE 2 and NEP could have important functions in renal RAS regulation through a counter-regulatory mechanism to protect the kidney in diabetes mellitus...
- Effect of an angiotensin II receptor blocker and two angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors on transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) and alpha-actomyosin (alpha SMA), important mediators of radiation-induced pneumopathy and lung fibrosisAgostino Molteni
Department of Pathology and Basic Medicinal Science, University of Missouri at Kansas City, Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Curr Pharm Des 13:1307-16. 2007..with the protective effects of L 158,809, an angiotensin II (ANG II) receptor blocker, and two angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors in the development of IPS and the role of transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) ..
- Effects on cytokines and histology by treatment with the ACE inhibitor captopril and the antioxidant retinoic acid in the monocrotaline model of experimentally induced lung fibrosisRichard C Baybutt
Dept of Human Nutrition, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Curr Pharm Des 13:1327-33. 2007..fibrosis can be interrupted or decreased by intervention with retinoic acid (RA) or with the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, captopril...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) I/D corrected serum ACE activity and severity assessment of community-acquired pneumoniaEwoudt M W van de Garde
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, St Antonius Hospital, Koekoekslaan 1, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:1326-31. 2007....
- Rho kinase activation and gene expression related to vascular remodeling in normotensive rats with high angiotensin I converting enzyme levelsPaulina Rivera
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Medical School, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Hypertension 50:792-8. 2007....
- Effects of aldosterone and angiotensin II receptor blockade on cardiac angiotensinogen and angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 expression in Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive ratsYoshiyu Takeda
Division of Endocrinology and Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Takara machi, Kanazawa, Japan
Am J Hypertens 20:1119-24. 2007..Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is a novel regulator of blood pressure (BP) and cardiac function. The effect of blockade of aldosterone or angiotensin II (Ang II) on cardiac angiotensinogen and ACE2 in DS rats is unknown...
- A twofold genetic increase of ACE expression has no effect on the development of spontaneous hypertensionIbrahim Nassar
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charité Centrum für Thearapieforschung, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Hypertens 21:200-5. 2008..e., the Ace allele of the normotensive Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rat, in the hypertensive background of stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive (SHRSP) rats...
- Altered angiotensin-converting enzyme and its effects on the brain in a rat model of Alzheimer diseaseDe Ren Hou
Department of Neurology, Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410013, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:2320-3. 2008....
- Effects of an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor on the inflammatory response in in vivo and in vitro modelsSatoshi Hagiwara
Department of Brain and Nerve Science, Anesthesiology, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Oita, Japan
Crit Care Med 37:626-33. 2009....
- Podocyte repopulation contributes to regression of glomerular injury induced by ACE inhibitionDaniela Macconi
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Laboratory of Renal Biophysics, Via Gavazzeni, 11, 24125 Bergamo, Italy
Am J Pathol 174:797-807. 2009..Increased parietal podocyte number in lisinopril-treated MWF rats suggests that the remodeling of Bowman's capsule epithelial cells contributes to this effect...
- Differential ACE expression among tissues in allele-specific Wistar rat linesJelena Kamilic
Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9700 RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
Mamm Genome 20:170-9. 2009In humans, the insertion/deletion polymorphism in the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene accounts for half of the variance in plasma ACE activity...
- Metabolic effects of low dose angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor in dietary obesity in the ratE Velkoska
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 20:49-55. 2010..in adipose tissue, and its association with obesity-related hypertension, the metabolic effects of treatment with a low dose angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) were investigated in a rodent model of diet-induced obesity.
- Expression of testicular angiotensin-converting enzyme in adult spontaneously hypertensive ratsNina Atanassova
Institute of Experimental Morphology and Anthropology with Museum, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:117-22. 2009..Therefore, tACE can be used as a marker for germ cell depletion due to hypertension and other pathological conditions...
- Down regulation of angiotensin II receptor AT1 expression in the pancreas of diabetic ratJ Monosíková
Department of Animal Physiology and Ethology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University Bratislava, Mlynska dolina B 2, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 117:438-9. 2009..Expression of AT (1) was decreased in diabetic rats during the light and the dark phase of 24 h cycle. Our data show down-regulation of the pancreatic RAS during early stage of diabetes development...
- Reciprocal interactions of obstructive sleep apnea and hypertension associated with ACE I/D polymorphism in malesRenata G Koyama
Department of Psychobiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sleep Med 10:1107-11. 2009..However, ACE is a pleiotropic gene that has several influences, including skeletal muscle and control of ventilation. We therefore tested the hypothesis that ACE polymorphism influences OSA severity...
- Robotics Extraction System/HPLC for Shared Resource LabMark Chappell; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Heavy Drinking & Coronary Disease: Acute/Chronic EffectsKenneth Mukamal; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results may prove to have important biological, clinical, and public health implications for the care of CHD. ..
- Estrogen, ACE2 and Salt-SensitivityMark Chappell; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lewis strain. ..
- Impact of statins and ACE inhibitors on outcomes for pneumonia and sepsisEric Mortensen; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Endothelial Dysfunction, Oxidative Stress and Risk of Peripheral Arterial DiseaseKenneth Jay Mukamal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will examine how a derived dietary antioxidant score, based upon measured oxidative potential of specific foods using the ferric-reducing/antioxidant power method, is related to PAD. ..