Genomes and Genes
angiotensin converting enzyme
Gene Symbol: angiotensin converting enzyme
Description: angiotensin I converting enzyme
Alias: Dcp1, StsRR92, Dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase 1 (Angiotensin I-converting enzyme), angiotensin 1 converting enzyme 1, angiotensin I converting enzyme (peptidyl-dipeptidase A) 1, angiotensin I converting enzyme 1, angiotensin I-converting enzyme (Dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase 1), angiotensin-converting enzyme, dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase I, kininase II
Publications106 found, 100 shown here
- Blockade of endogenous angiotensin-(1-7) in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus reduces renal sympathetic toneAna Quênia Gomes da Silva
Departamento de Fisiologia e Biofisica, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Hypertension 46:341-8. 2005..These results suggest that Ang-(1-7) Mas receptors and AT2 receptors in the PVN neurons play a role in mediating the tonic maintenance of RSNA...
- The angiotensin-converting enzyme 2/angiogenesis-(1-7)/Mas axis confers cardiopulmonary protection against lung fibrosis and pulmonary hypertensionVinayak Shenoy
Department of Pharmacodynamics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:1065-72. 2010..The recent discovery of a counterregulatory axis of the renin angiotensin system composed of ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas has led us to examine the role of this vasoprotective axis on such disorders...
- Epistatic interaction between variations in the angiotensin I converting enzyme and angiotensin II type 1 receptor genes in relation to extent of coronary atherosclerosisS Ye
Human Genetics Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Heart 89:1195-9. 2003..To test the hypothesis that gene-gene interaction of the renin-angiotensin system is associated with an effect on the extent of coronary atherosclerosis...
- Dietary sodium deprivation evokes activation of brain regional neurons and down-regulation of angiotensin II type 1 receptor and angiotensin-convertion enzyme mRNA expressionB Lu
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases, Ministry of Education, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, 76 W Yanta Road, Xi an, 710061, PR China
Neuroscience 164:1303-11. 2009....
- Impaired heart rate baroreflex in older rats: role of endogenous angiotensin-(1-7) at the nucleus tractus solitariiAtsushi Sakima
The Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Department of General Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1032, USA
Hypertension 46:333-40. 2005..The attenuated counterbalancing effect of Ang-(1-7) on baroreflex function is lost in older rats, which may be attributable to diminished production of the peptide from neprilysin...
- Species-specific splicing and expression of angiotensin converting enzymeXiao Li Tian
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Benjamin Franklin Medical Center, Free University of Berlin, Gary Str 5, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 66:1037-44. 2003b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) is a critical determinant in the pathogenesis of various cardiovascular diseases and in the control of male fertility...
- Antihypertensives as novel antineoplastics: angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockers in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaHwyda A Arafat
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:996-1005; discussion 1005-6. 2007..Angiotensin II (AngII), which has been shown to increase VEGF production in a variety of cancers, is actively generated in the pancreas. We hypothesized that AngII plays a crucial role in PDA-associated angiogenesis...
- Blockade of sensory abnormalities and kinin B(1) receptor expression by N-acetyl-L-cysteine and ramipril in a rat model of insulin resistanceMahmoud Ali Ismael
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 589:66-72. 2008..Both therapies were associated with a reduction of the expression of the pro-nociceptive kinin B(1) receptor...
- ACE-inhibitor suppresses the apoptosis induced by endoplasmic reticulum stress in renal tubular in experimental diabetic ratsH L Sun
Department of Nephrology, Shenzhen Affiliated Hospital, Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1 Fuhua Road, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 117:336-44. 2009..The effects of ACE inhibitor on the endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis were also assessed...
- Evidence for the involvement of NADPH oxidase in ischemia/reperfusion-induced gastric damage via angiotensin IIA Nakagiri
Department of Pharmacotherapeutics, Clinical Pharmacy, Doshisha Women s College of Liberal Arts, Kodo, Kyotanabe, Kyoto, Japan
J Physiol Pharmacol 61:171-9. 2010..These results suggest that ischemia/reperfusion generated reactive oxygen species are derived from NADPH oxidase activation via AT1 receptor in rat stomachs...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme I/D polymorphism in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseS Pabst
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Pulmonary Division, Department of Medicine, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Med Res 14:177-81. 2009..The aim of the study was to find out whether the ACE gene polymorphism can determine the course of COPD...
- Molecular imaging of human ACE-1 expression in transgenic ratsVasken Dilsizian
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1595, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 5:409-18. 2012..The aim of this study was to develop a molecular imaging strategy that can monitor myocardial angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE)-1 upregulation as a function of progressive heart failure...
- The angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitor enalapril and aspirin delay progression of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and cancer formation in a genetically engineered mouse model of pancreatic cancerVolker Fendrich
Department of Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg, Germany
Gut 59:630-7. 2010..In this study, we used a genetically engineered mouse model of pancreatic cancer to evaluate the chemopreventive potential of these drugs...
- Angiotensinogen and angiotensin-converting enzyme mRNA decrease and AT1 receptor mRNA and protein increase in epididymal fat tissue accompany age-induced elevation of adiposity and reductions in expression of GLUT4 and peroxisome proliferator-activated reK Krskova
Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
J Physiol Pharmacol 62:403-10. 2011..We believe that this complex regulation of adipose tissue RAS slows down the negative age and adiposity related changes in adipose tissue leptin, adiponectin, GLUT4 and PPARgamma...
- Interaction of angiotensin I-converting enzyme insertion-deletion polymorphism and daily salt intake influences hypertension in Japanese menLing Zhang
Department of Molecular Epidemiology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Hypertens Res 29:751-8. 2006..042). Our results suggest that ACE I/D and daily salt intake constitute a gene-environment interaction, which may be further modulated by overweight...
- The impact of statins, ACE inhibitors and gastric acid suppressants on pneumonia mortality in a UK general practice population cohortPuja R Myles
Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Nottingham, Clinical Sciences Building, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:697-703. 2009..Pneumonia is a common diagnosis in general practice in the United Kingdom. Previous studies suggest that commonly prescribed drugs in general practice may influence pneumonia mortality...
- Effect of enalapril on exercise cardiopulmonary performance in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A pilot studyFabiano Di Marco
Clinica di Malattie dell Apparato Respiratorio, Ospedale San Paolo, Università degli Studi di, 20142 Milano, Italy
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 23:159-64. 2010..The aim of this pilot study was to evaluate the efficacy of an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor on cardiopulmonary exercise performance in COPD patients...
- Ventilator-induced inflammatory response in lipopolysaccharide-exposed rat lung is mediated by angiotensin-converting enzymeRoelie M Wösten-van Asperen
Department of Pediatric Intensive Care, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 176:2219-27. 2010..In conclusion, during mechanical ventilation ACE, via Ang II, mediates the inflammatory response of both healthy and preinjured lungs...
- Distribution of the activity of the angiotensin-converting enzyme in the rat aorta and changes in the activity with aging and by the action of L-NAMEAntonina F Korystova
Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, Russia
Age (Dordr) 34:821-30. 2012....
- Inflammation alters angiotensin converting enzymes (ACE and ACE-2) balance in rat heartSherif Hanafy
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6G 2N8
Inflammation 34:609-13. 2011..Disruption of the balance between ACE and ACE-2 observed in inflammation may be, at least in part, involved in the cardiovascular complications seen in patients with inflammatory diseases...
- Rat Ace allele variation determines susceptibility to AngII-induced renal damageJelena Kamilic
Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 12:420-9. 2011....
- Central angiotensin converting enzyme facilitates memory impairment in intracerebroventricular streptozotocin treated ratsSantoshkumar Tota
Division of Pharmacology, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow U P India
Behav Brain Res 226:317-30. 2012..However, exact role of RAS in cognition is still ambiguous. Our aim was to explore how angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) modulates memory in experimental model of memory impairment...
- Time course involvement of matrix metalloproteinases in the vascular alterations of renovascular hypertensionCarla S Ceron
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, 14049 900, Brazil
Matrix Biol 31:261-70. 2012..Plasma angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) activity was measured to assess renin-angiotensin system activation...
- Differential regulation of circulating and renal ACE2 and ACE in hypertensive mRen2.Lewis rats with early-onset diabetesLiliya M Yamaleyeva
Hypertension and Vascular Research Center, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 302:F1374-84. 2012..In conclusion, female mRen2 rats are not protected from vascular damage, renal inflammation, and kidney injury in early STZ-induced diabetes despite a marked increase in circulating ACE2 and significantly reduced ACE within the kidney...
- Effect of captopril treatment on recuperation from ischemia/reperfusion-induced acute renal injuryShai Efrati
Research and Development Unit, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin 70300, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:136-45. 2012..We investigated the role of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibition on the progression of AKI in a rat model of ischemia/reperfusion...
- Interdependent effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme and platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase gene polymorphisms on the progression of immunoglobulin A nephropathyH J Yoon
Seoul Clinical Genomics Inc, Seoul, Korea, School of Public Health, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Clin Genet 62:128-34. 2002..5; 95% CI, 1.6-12.7). These results suggest that the interdependent effects of ACE and PAF-AH polymorphisms on the progression of IgA nephropathy might be more important than the effect of the individual polymorphisms...
- Heterogeneous distribution of angiotensin I-converting enzyme (CD143) in the human and rat vascular systems: vessel, organ and species specificityRoman Metzger
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Microvasc Res 81:206-15. 2011Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (kininase II, ACE, CD143) availability is a determinant of local angiotensin and kinin concentrations and physiological actions...
- Expression of testicular angiotensin-converting enzyme in adult spontaneously hypertensive ratsNina Atanassova
Institute of Experimental Morphology and Anthropology with Museum, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:117-22. 2009..Therefore, tACE can be used as a marker for germ cell depletion due to hypertension and other pathological conditions...
- Metabolic effects of low dose angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor in dietary obesity in the ratE Velkoska
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 20:49-55. 2010..in adipose tissue, and its association with obesity-related hypertension, the metabolic effects of treatment with a low dose angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACEI) were investigated in a rodent model of diet-induced obesity.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) and ACE activities display tissue-specific sensitivity to undernutrition-programmed hypertension in the adult ratGuillaume Rivière
The UPRES EA 2701, Laboratoire de Neuroendocrinologie du Developpement, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Hypertension 46:1169-74. 2005..Our results indicate that ACE2 and ACE are coexpressed in numerous rat tissues and that their increased activity in the lung of FR30 rats may participate in hypertension programming...
- Differential ACE expression among tissues in allele-specific Wistar rat linesJelena Kamilic
Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9700 RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
Mamm Genome 20:170-9. 2009In humans, the insertion/deletion polymorphism in the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene accounts for half of the variance in plasma ACE activity...
- Podocyte repopulation contributes to regression of glomerular injury induced by ACE inhibitionDaniela Macconi
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Laboratory of Renal Biophysics, Via Gavazzeni, 11, 24125 Bergamo, Italy
Am J Pathol 174:797-807. 2009..Increased parietal podocyte number in lisinopril-treated MWF rats suggests that the remodeling of Bowman's capsule epithelial cells contributes to this effect...
- Effects of an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor on the inflammatory response in in vivo and in vitro modelsSatoshi Hagiwara
Department of Brain and Nerve Science, Anesthesiology, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Oita, Japan
Crit Care Med 37:626-33. 2009....
- Altered angiotensin-converting enzyme and its effects on the brain in a rat model of Alzheimer diseaseDe Ren Hou
Department of Neurology, Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410013, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:2320-3. 2008....
- A twofold genetic increase of ACE expression has no effect on the development of spontaneous hypertensionIbrahim Nassar
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charité Centrum für Thearapieforschung, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Hypertens 21:200-5. 2008..e., the Ace allele of the normotensive Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rat, in the hypertensive background of stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive (SHRSP) rats...
- Effects of aldosterone and angiotensin II receptor blockade on cardiac angiotensinogen and angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 expression in Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive ratsYoshiyu Takeda
Division of Endocrinology and Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Takara machi, Kanazawa, Japan
Am J Hypertens 20:1119-24. 2007..Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is a novel regulator of blood pressure (BP) and cardiac function. The effect of blockade of aldosterone or angiotensin II (Ang II) on cardiac angiotensinogen and ACE2 in DS rats is unknown...
- Renin-angiotensin system activation in congenital hepatic fibrosis in the PCK rat model of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney diseaseMiwa Goto
Department of Research, MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:639-44. 2010..RAS activation has not previously been studied in patients with CHF or in animal models. The aim of the present study was to characterize RAS expression during the course of CHF in the PCK rat...
- Down regulation of angiotensin II receptor AT1 expression in the pancreas of diabetic ratJ Monosíková
Department of Animal Physiology and Ethology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University Bratislava, Mlynska dolina B 2, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 117:438-9. 2009..Expression of AT (1) was decreased in diabetic rats during the light and the dark phase of 24 h cycle. Our data show down-regulation of the pancreatic RAS during early stage of diabetes development...
- Angiotensin I-converting enzyme insertion/deletion polymorphism and increased risk of gall bladder cancer in womenKshitij Srivastava
Department of Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
DNA Cell Biol 29:417-22. 2010..63; p = 0.039 and OR = 1.37; p = 0.187, respectively). In summary, ACE I/D polymorphism may alter the susceptibility to GBC, especially in women...
- Chronic treatment with lisinopril decreases proliferative and apoptotic pathways in autosomal recessive polycystic kidney diseaseGuangfu Jia
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, HRC 4100, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 25:1139-46. 2010b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibition is a common therapeutic modality in the treatment of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease (ARPKD)...
- Involvement of the renin-angiotensin system in the development of vascular damage in a rat model of arthritis: effect of angiotensin receptor blockersTakeo Sakuta
Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 62:1319-28. 2010..To explore the involvement of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) in the development of vascular damage in adjuvant-induced arthritis (AIA) in rats...
- Insertion/deletion polymorphism and serum activity of the angiotensin-converting enzyme in Turkish patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeCandan Ogus
Department of Chest Diseases, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Biochem Genet 48:516-23. 2010..006). Our results suggest that II and ID genotypes of the ACE gene increase the risk of developing OSAS in the Turkish population...
- [Expression of angiotensin converting enzyme and angiotensin converting enzyme 2 gene in lung of paraquat poisoning rats and protection of sodium dimercaptopropane sulfonate]Qiao meng Qiu
Emergency Medical Department, The First Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 28:275-9. 2010To investigate the expression of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and ACE2 Gene in lung of paraquat poisoning rats and the protection of sodium dimercaptopropane sulfonate (Na-DMPS).
- Ramipril mitigates radiation-induced impairment of neurogenesis in the rat dentate gyrusKenneth A Jenrow
Department of Neurosurgery, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Radiat Oncol 5:6. 2010..Here we investigate the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, ramipril, as a mitigator of radiation injury in this context.
- Tissue ACE inhibition improves microcirculation in remote myocardium after coronary stenosis: MR imaging study in ratsKarl Heinz Hiller
MRB Research Center Magnetic Resonance Bavaria, Wurzburg, Germany
Microvasc Res 80:484-90. 2010..These findings may support the use of tissue ACE inhibitors to improve cardiac microcirculation after ischemia...
- Antihypertensive medications and risk of community-acquired pneumoniaKenneth J Mukamal
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Hypertens 28:401-5. 2010..To determine whether angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and other antihypertensives are associated with risk of pneumonia...
- Water deprivation increases angiotensin-converting enzyme but not AT(1) receptor expression in brainstem and paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus of the ratErick A Bourassa
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
Brain Res 1319:83-91. 2010..These findings suggest that increased Ang II production but not increased receptor expression in the PVH and RVLM is the mechanism by which Ang II in the brain helps to sustain systemic blood pressure during periods of water deprivation...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme N-terminal inactivation alleviates bleomycin-induced lung injuryPing Li
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Am J Pathol 177:1113-21. 2010..These data suggest a possible means to increase tolerance to bleomycin and to treat fibrosing lung diseases...
- [Role of angiotensin II type 1 receptor in activation of nuclear factor-kappaB and activator protein-1 in lung of mice with acute lung injury]Fei Wang
Department of Burns, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230022, China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 26:113-6. 2010..To explore the role of angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor in activation of nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) and activator protein-1 (AP-1) in lung of mice with LPS-induced acute lung injury (ALI)...
- [Effect of carvedilol and perindopril on Ca(2+) pump activity and Ca(2+)-release channel density in myocardial sarcoplasmic reticulum in rats with chronic heart failure following myocardial infarction]Zhao Hua Geng
Department of Cardiology, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:1461-4. 2009....
- Prevention of osteoporosis by angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor in spontaneous hypertensive ratsHideo Shimizu
Department of Clinical Gene Therapy, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Hypertens Res 32:786-90. 2009..Thus, ACE inhibitors prevented osteoporosis, probably because of the inhibition of RAS, but not of nitric oxide. Overall, ACE inhibitors attenuated osteoporosis in a hypertensive rat model through the blockade of RAS...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme gene polymorphism in Turkish asthmatic patientsEmel Eryuksel
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Asthma 46:335-8. 2009..genes have been identified with a potential role in the pathogenesis of asthma, including the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene...
- Reciprocal interactions of obstructive sleep apnea and hypertension associated with ACE I/D polymorphism in malesRenata G Koyama
Department of Psychobiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sleep Med 10:1107-11. 2009..However, ACE is a pleiotropic gene that has several influences, including skeletal muscle and control of ventilation. We therefore tested the hypothesis that ACE polymorphism influences OSA severity...
- Rho kinase activation and gene expression related to vascular remodeling in normotensive rats with high angiotensin I converting enzyme levelsPaulina Rivera
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Medical School, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Hypertension 50:792-8. 2007....
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) I/D corrected serum ACE activity and severity assessment of community-acquired pneumoniaEwoudt M W van de Garde
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, St Antonius Hospital, Koekoekslaan 1, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:1326-31. 2007....
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition attenuates myonuclear addition in overloaded slow-twitch skeletal muscleChristopher M Westerkamp
Human Performance Laboratory, 363 Ward Sports Medicine Bldg, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 289:R1223-31. 2005....
- Heart mass and blood pressure have separate genetic determinants in the New Zealand genetically hypertensive (GH) ratE L Harris
Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Hypertens 13:397-404. 1995..To determine associations between cardiovascular parameters and genotype in 205 F2 rats of both sexes and lineages from reciprocal crosses made between rats of the New Zealand genetically hypertensive (GH) and Brown Norway (BN) rat strains...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme-independent angiotensin ii production by chymase is up-regulated in the ischemic kidney in renovascular hypertensionJavid Sadjadi
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Surg Res 127:65-9. 2005..It has been demonstrated previously that intrarenal ANG II is augmented by an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) dependent mechanism in the non-ischemic kidney, but the role of ACE-independent production of ..
- Myocardial infarction increases ACE2 expression in rat and humansLouise M Burrell
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Repatriation Heidelberg Hospital, Heidelberg 3081, Victoria, Australia
Eur Heart J 26:369-75; discussion 322-4. 2005b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) 2 catalyses the cleavage of angiotensin (Ang) I to Ang 1-9 and of Ang II to Ang 1-7...
- Targeting the renin-angiotensin system: what's new?B J Leckie
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, RK Clinical Sciences Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Curr Med Chem Cardiovasc Hematol Agents 3:23-32. 2005..11 may be of value where there is both sodium retention and increased angiotensin II. Targeting the renin-angiotensin system by gene therapy or antibody treatment may provide a longer-term treatment for hypertension...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition modulates mitogen-activated protein kinase family expressions in the neonatal rat kidneyByung Min Choi
Department of Pediatrics, Korea University, 152 703, Seoul, Korea
Pediatr Res 57:115-23. 2005..JNK and p38 may be implicated to participate in angiotensin II-related intracellular signaling pathways of renal apoptosis in the developing kidney...
- Lack of association of polymorphisms of the angiotensin converting enzyme and angiotensinogen genes with nonfamilial hypertrophic or dilated cardiomyopathyY Yamada
Department of Geriatric Research, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, Obu, Aichi, Japan
Am J Hypertens 10:921-8. 1997..An allelic association study for the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and angiotensinogen genes has now been performed with 71 patients with nonfamilial HCM, 88 ..
- Rat angiotensin-converting enzyme promoter regulation by beta-adrenergics and cAMP in endotheliumJ Xavier-Neto
Laboratório de Genética e Cardiologia Molecular e Dept Clínica Médica LIM 13, Instituto do Coracao, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hypertension 34:31-8. 1999..In summary, beta-adrenergic activation of rat ACE promoter is specific; uses G(s) proteins, adenylyl cyclase, protein kinase A; and probably includes cAMP responsive element-like sequences...
- Release of angiotensin-(1-7) from the rat hindlimb: influence of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitionM C Chappell
Hypertension and Vascular Disease Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1095, USA
Hypertension 35:348-52. 2000..Neprilysin inhibition reduced but did not abolish Ang-(1-7) release, which suggests that other endopeptidases may contribute to the release of the peptide...
- Nitric oxide synthase mRNA levels correlate with gene expression of angiotensin II type-1 but not type-2 receptors, renin or angiotensin converting enzyme in selected brain areasO Krizanova
Institute of Molecular Physiology and Genetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
Physiol Res 50:473-80. 2001..the sites of gene expression of different components of the rat brain renin angiotensin system (renin, angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) or angiotensin receptors of AT1 and AT2 subtypes)...
- Identification of two novel shear stress responsive elements in rat angiotensin I converting enzyme promoterAyumi Aurea Miyakawa
Laboratory of Genetic and Molecular Cardiology, Heart Institute InCor and Internal Medicine Department LIM13, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, 05403 901 São Paulo SP, Brazil
Physiol Genomics 17:107-13. 2004....
- Increases in brain and cardiac AT1 receptor and ACE densities after myocardial infarct in ratsJunhui Tan
Hypertension Unit, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 4W7
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H1665-71. 2004..Brain OLC appears to play a major role in activation of brain RAS in rats after MI and, to a modest degree, in activation of the cardiac RAS...
- Regulation of the angiotensin-converting enzyme activity by a time-course hypoxia in the carotid bodySiu Yin Lam
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
J Appl Physiol (1985) 96:809-13. 2004..This may be important in the modulation of cardiopulmonary adaptation in the hypoxic ventilatory response as well as for electrolyte and water homeostasis during chronic hypoxia...
- Involvement of renal ACE activity in proteinuria-associated renal damage in untreated and treated adriamycin nephrotic ratsHendrik Bos
Department of Nephrology, Groningen University, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 4:106-12. 2003..Renal ACE activity is a consistent marker of individual differences in proteinuria-associated renal damage: further studies are needed to investigate a possible pathogenetic role in renal damage...
- Angiotensin II exerts positive feedback on the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system by an angiotensin converting enzyme-dependent mechanismJavid Sadjadi
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Surg Res 129:272-7. 2005..This study tested the hypothesis that an incremental increase in plasma ANG II induces the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system (RAS) in the non-ischemic kidney by an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) dependent mechanism.
- Genetic linkage of the ACE gene to plasma angiotensin-converting enzyme activity but not to blood pressure. A quantitative trait locus confers identical complex phenotypes in human and rat hypertensionR Kreutz
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 92:2381-4. 1995..We therefore investigated the genetic determination of plasma ACE activity and its relation to blood pressure and dietary NaCl exposure in a model of experimental genetic hypertension, the SHRSPHD...
- Locus for the inducible, but not a constitutive, nitric oxide synthase cosegregates with blood pressure in the Dahl salt-sensitive ratA Y Deng
Department of Physiology and Molecular Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699, USA
J Clin Invest 95:2170-7. 1995..In F2(S x MNS) functionally variant alleles at both QTL influence blood pressure, but in F2(S x WKY) only the QTL marked by Nos2 is segregating alleles influencing blood pressure...
- [Autoregulation of cerebral blood flow]E Zderkiewicz
Pol Tyg Lek 33:1157-9. 1978
- Effects on cytokines and histology by treatment with the ACE inhibitor captopril and the antioxidant retinoic acid in the monocrotaline model of experimentally induced lung fibrosisRichard C Baybutt
Dept of Human Nutrition, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Curr Pharm Des 13:1327-33. 2007..fibrosis can be interrupted or decreased by intervention with retinoic acid (RA) or with the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, captopril...
- Effect of an angiotensin II receptor blocker and two angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors on transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) and alpha-actomyosin (alpha SMA), important mediators of radiation-induced pneumopathy and lung fibrosisAgostino Molteni
Department of Pathology and Basic Medicinal Science, University of Missouri at Kansas City, Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Curr Pharm Des 13:1307-16. 2007..with the protective effects of L 158,809, an angiotensin II (ANG II) receptor blocker, and two angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors in the development of IPS and the role of transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) ..
- Association of somatic and N-domain angiotensin-converting enzymes from Wistar rat tissue with renal dysfunction in diabetes mellitusFernanda A Ronchi
Department of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 8:34-41. 2007..The modulation of angiotensin peptides suggests that sACE, nACE, ACE 2 and NEP could have important functions in renal RAS regulation through a counter-regulatory mechanism to protect the kidney in diabetes mellitus...
- Germinal angiotensin I-converting enzyme is totally shed from the rodent sperm membrane during epididymal maturationSonia Metayer
Equipe Spermatozoïdes, UMR 6073 INRA CNRS, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Centre de Nouzilly, 37380 Monnaie, France
Biol Reprod 67:1763-7. 2002..This result is discussed in view of the suggested role for this enzyme in sperm fertility...
- No contribution of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene variants to severe obesity: a model for comprehensive case/control and quantitative cladistic analysis of ACE in human diseasesChristopher G Bell
Genomic Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 15:320-7. 2007..Such a study design exemplifies the strategy needed to clearly define the contribution of the ACE gene to the plethora of complex genetic diseases where weak associations have been previously reported...
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection of mice transgenic for the human Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 virus receptorChien Te K Tseng
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, G 150 Keiller Building, Galveston, TX 77555 0609, USA
J Virol 81:1162-73. 2007....
- Effects of blockade of the renin-angiotensin and endothelin systems on experimental bronchiolitis obliteransBalazs Antus
Department of Pathophysiology, National Koranyi Institute for TB and Pulmonology, Budapest, Hungary
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:1324-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to test which of these pharmacologic interventions attenuates the process more effectively, and whether combination therapy confers additional benefit...
- Cosegregation of blood pressure with angiotensin converting enzyme and atrial natriuretic peptide receptor genes using Dahl salt-sensitive ratsY Deng
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699
Nat Genet 1:267-72. 1992We have evaluated the genes for angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and guanylyl cyclase A/atrial natriuretic peptide receptor (GCA) for genetic effects on blood pressure response to high salt diet...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor versus angiotensin II, AT1 receptor antagonist. Effects on smooth muscle cell migration and proliferation after balloon catheter injuryM F Prescott
Research Department, CIBA GEIGY Corporation, Summit, New Jersey 07901
Am J Pathol 139:1291-6. 1991..A more pronounced reduction in lesion size was obtained after AT1 antagonism, however, when both SMC migration and proliferation were inhibited...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme and genetic hypertension: cloning of rat cDNAs and characterization of the enzymeG Koike
Falk Cardiovascular Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5246
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 198:380-6. 1994..the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHRSP) in the same region that contains the gene for angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE)...
- Genetic mapping of a gene causing hypertension in the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratH J Jacob
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
Cell 67:213-24. 1991..We also find significant, albeit weaker, linkage to a locus, Bp2, on chromosome 18. We discuss the implications of genetic dissection of quantitative disease-related phenotypes in mammals...
- Angiotensin I-converting enzyme gene polymorphism influences chronic hypertensive response in the rat Goldblatt modelMaria P Ocaranza
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Medical School, P Catholic University of Chile
J Hypertens 20:413-20. 2002..We evaluated the effect of genetically determined ACE expression on the development of renovascular hypertension in the rat...
- Early expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 correlates with the onset of isoproterenol-induced cardiac fibrosis in rats with distinct angiotensin-converting enzyme polymorphismMiguel Copaja Soto
Centro FONDAP Estudios Moleculares de la Celula, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 9:154-62. 2008..Isoproterenol treatment of Brown Norway and Lewis rats (high and low plasma angiotensin-I-converting enzyme activity, respectively) results in similar cardiac hypertrophy but higher cardiac fibrosis in Brown Norway rats...
- [Effect of 5-hydroxytryptophan on the secretion of PRL, GH, TSH and cortisol in obesity]I Martinelli
Divisione di Endocrinologia e Medicina Costituzionale, Ospedale Sant Antonio Abate, Gallarate, Varese
Minerva Endocrinol 17:121-6. 1992..05) and at 180 min (p < 0.01) and in obese women at 120 and 180 min (p < 0.01); cortisol levels increased in both groups at 90, 120, 180 min (p < 0.01).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition decreases cell turnover in the neonatal rat heartJeong Hoon Choi
Department of Pediatrics, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Pediatr Res 52:325-32. 2002..We conclude that ACE inhibition decreases cell turnover in the developing rat heart, which may contribute to cardiac growth impairment. The loss of myocytes may lead to greater myocyte hypertrophy and myocardial damage during later life...
- Polymorphism in gene coding for ACE determines different development of myocardial fibrosis in ratsMaria Paz Ocaranza
Departamento Enfermedades Cardiovasculares, Escuela de Medicina, P Universidad Catolica de Chile
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H498-506. 2004..We concluded that rats in the F(2) generation with high plasma ACE activity developed more fibrosis but to a similar degree of LVH compared with rats with low plasma ACE activity...
- Renal ACE and ACE2 expression in early diabetic ratsJu Young Moon
Department of Internal Medicine, Kyung Hee University East West Neo Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Nephron Exp Nephrol 110:e8-e16. 2008..This study investigated the changes in the expression of ACE and ACE2 in the kidney in early diabetic rats...
- Angiotensin receptor blockers are superior to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in the suppression of hepatic fibrosis in a bile duct-ligated rat modelMoon Young Kim
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Lifelong Health, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, 162 Ilsan dong, Wonju 220 701, South Korea
J Gastroenterol 43:889-96. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate and compare the antifibrotic effect between ARBs and ACEIs...
- Enalapril attenuates downregulation of Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 in the late phase of ventricular dysfunction in myocardial infarcted ratMaria Paz Ocaranza
Departamento Enfermedades Cardiovasculares, Escuela de Medicina, P Universidad Catolica de Chile
Hypertension 48:572-8. 2006..These findings suggest that in this second arm of the renin-angiotensin system, ACE2 may act through Ang-(1-9), rather than Ang-(1-7), as a counterregulator of the first arm, where ACE catalyzes the formation of Ang II...
- Increased deformability of red blood cells is associated with a deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin-converting enzyme geneMelek Bor-Kucukatay
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
Tohoku J Exp Med 208:147-55. 2006..01). We suggest that RBC deformability of individuals with the D allele, who have higher risk for cardiovascular pathologies, may have been increased by a compensatory mechanism...
- Alterations in angiotensin converting enzyme during rodent aortic aneurysm formationMatthew J Eagleton
Department of Surgery, Jobst Vascular Surgery Research Laboratories, University of Michigan, Section of Vascular Surgery, Ann Arbor, USA
J Surg Res 132:69-73. 2006..The renin-angiotensin system (RAS) has been implicated in vessel wall remodeling. This investigation tested the hypothesis that the RAS is altered during experimental rodent aneurysm formation...
- Portal pressure responses and angiotensin peptide production in rat liver are determined by relative activity of ACE and ACE2Chandana B Herath
Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Austin Repatriation Hospital, Heidelberg Heights, Victoria, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G98-G106. 2009b>Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) 2 activity and angiotensin-(1-7) [Ang-(1-7)] levels are increased in experimental cirrhosis; however, the pathways of hepatic Ang-(1-7) production have not been studied...
- Increased aortic NADPH oxidase activity in rats with genetically high angiotensin-converting enzyme levelsJorge E Jalil
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Medical School, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Hypertension 46:1362-7. 2005..This effect is mediated through the angiotensin I receptor...
- N-domain angiotensin-converting enzyme isoform expression in tissues of Wistar and spontaneously hypertensive ratsFernanda A Ronchi
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Hypertens 23:1869-78. 2005..Angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) is a protein containing two active sites, called N- and C-domains, according to their position in the protein...
- Aldosterone induces angiotensin converting enzyme gene expression via a JAK2-dependent pathway in rat endothelial cellsToru Sugiyama
Department of Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8513, Japan
Endocrinology 146:3900-6. 2005..This may constitute a positive feedback loop for a local renin-angiotensin system, possibly involved in the development of aldosterone-induced endothelial dysfunction and vascular injury...
- Cell signaling, internalization, and nuclear localization of the angiotensin converting enzyme in smooth muscle and endothelial cellsHector A Lucero
Alapis Research Laboratories, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 285:5555-68. 2010The angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) catalyzes the extracellular formation of angiotensin II, and degradation of bradykinin, thus regulating blood pressure and renal handling of electrolytes...
- Robotics Extraction System/HPLC for Shared Resource LabMark Chappell; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Heavy Drinking & Coronary Disease: Acute/Chronic EffectsKenneth Mukamal; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results may prove to have important biological, clinical, and public health implications for the care of CHD. ..
- Estrogen, ACE2 and Salt-SensitivityMark Chappell; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lewis strain. ..
- Impact of statins and ACE inhibitors on outcomes for pneumonia and sepsisEric Mortensen; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Endothelial Dysfunction, Oxidative Stress and Risk of Peripheral Arterial DiseaseKenneth Jay Mukamal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will examine how a derived dietary antioxidant score, based upon measured oxidative potential of specific foods using the ferric-reducing/antioxidant power method, is related to PAD. ..