Gene Symbol: Ang
Alias: Ang1, angiogenin, angiogenin ribonuclease 1, angiogenin, ribonuclease A family, member 1, angiogenin, ribonuclease, RNase A family, 5
- Variations in the coding and regulatory sequences of the angiogenin (ANG) gene are not associated to ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) in the Italian populationLucia Corrado
Laboratory of Human Genetics, Department of Medical Sciences and IRCAD Interdisciplinary Research Center of Autoimmune Diseases, Eastern Piedmont University, Novara, Italy
J Neurol Sci 258:123-7. 2007Potentially causative missense variations in the ANG gene and a positive association with the synonymous rs11701-G substitution was detected mainly in Irish and Scottish ALS patients...
- The kinetic change of the serum angiogenin level in patients with acute cerebral infarctionLi Huang
Department of Neurology, People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, China
Eur Neurol 58:224-7. 2007Serum angiogenin (ANG) levels were measured with ELISA in 30 cerebral infarction patients at different time points (within 48 h and on days 3, 7 and 14 after onset of cerebral infarction) and in 20 control subjects...
- Angiogenin variants in Parkinson disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosisMichael A van Es
Department of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Neurol 70:964-73. 2011Several studies have suggested an increased frequency of variants in the gene encoding angiogenin (ANG) in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)...
- Elevated angiogenin levels in synovial fluid from patients with inflammatory arthritis and secretion of angiogenin by cultured synovial fibroblastsF Liote
Centre Viggo Petersen, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Clin Exp Immunol 132:163-8. 2003Angiogenesis is a key process in the pathogenesis of inflammatory arthritis. Angiogenin is one of the most potent inducers of neovascularization in experimental models in vivo...
- Dominant expression of angiogenin in NeuN positive cells in the focal ischemic rat brainLi Huang
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, Beijing, China
J Neurol Sci 285:220-3. 2009b>Angiogenin (ANG) is a potent angiogenic factor. The purposes of this study were to observe the change of the expression level of ANG and to identify the cell types that express ANG in the focal ischemic rat brain...
- Therapeutic potential of angiogenin modified mesenchymal stem cells: angiogenin improves mesenchymal stem cells survival under hypoxia and enhances vasculogenesis in myocardial infarctionXiao Hong Liu
Institute of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Microvasc Res 76:23-30. 2008To examine the effects of angiogenin modified mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) on ventricular remodeling and cardiac function in a rat model of acute myocardial infarction.
- Determination of angiogenic factors in serum by protein array in patients with renal cell carcinomaS Lukesová
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Medicine and University Teaching Hospital in Hradec Králové Second Department of Internal Medicine, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Folia Biol (Praha) 54:134-40. 2008..We identified serum levels of angiogenin, PDGF and MCP-1 (CCL2 chemokine) in serum of 32 patients with RCC, and 14 healthy volunteers by means of ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of vitreous inflammatory and angiogenic peptides and proteins in diabetic retinopathyJordi L Reverter
Endocrinology and Nutrition Department, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:1378-82. 2009..To evaluate the degree of phosphorylation of vitreous proteins in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and diabetic retinopathy compared with a group of control subjects without diabetes and of similar age and sex...
- CSF profiles of angiogenic and inflammatory factors depend on the respiratory status of ALS patientsCaroline Moreau
Service de Neurologie et Pathologie du Mouvement, Hopital Roger Salengro, CHRU, Lille, France
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 10:175-81. 2009..We first analysed the hypoxia response capacity by measuring CSF levels of angiogenin (ANG), VEGF, angiopoietin-2 (ANG-2) and PGE-2 in 40 ALS patients according to their hypoxaemia level and ..
- Airway angiogenesis in patients with rhinitis and controlled asthmaS S Kristan
Laboratory for Clinical Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University Clinic of Respiratory and Allergic Diseases, Golnik, Slovenia
Clin Exp Allergy 39:354-60. 2009..Airway angiogenesis may be an important part of structural remodelling in the pathogenesis of asthma. The development of asthma is frequently preceded by rhinitis...
- Neamine inhibits prostate cancer growth by suppressing angiogenin-mediated rRNA transcriptionSoichiro Ibaragi
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:1981-8. 2009b>Angiogenin (ANG) undergoes nuclear translocation and stimulates rRNA transcription in both prostate cancer cells and endothelial cells...
- The dual binding site of angiogenin and its inhibition mechanism: the crystal structure of the rat angiogenin-heparin complexKwon Joo Yeo
Division of Magnetic Resonance, Korea Basic Science Institute KBSI, 162 Yeongudanji Ro, Ochang, Chungbuk 363 883, Republic of Korea
Chem Commun (Camb) 50:12966-9. 2014The heparin complex of rat angiogenin revealed that a heparin strand is fitted into a positively charged groove formed by the dual binding site of rat angiogenin, suggesting that cell adhesion to angiogenin is facilitated by its ..
- Angiogenin, angiopoietin-1, angiopoietin-2, and endostatin serum levels in inflammatory bowel diseaseKonstantinos A Oikonomou
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Thessaly, School of Medicine, Larissa, Greece
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:963-70. 2011..The objective of this study was to assess serum levels of angiogenin, angiopoietin-1, angiopoietin-2, and endostatin in IBD patients.
- A neuroprotective role for angiogenin in models of Parkinson's diseaseTrent U Steidinger
Department of Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Neurochem 116:334-41. 2011We previously observed marked down-regulation of the mRNA for angiogenin, a potent inducer of neovascularization, in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease (PD) based on over-expression of alpha-synuclein...
- Increased expression of angiogenin in nasal polypsKyu Sung Hwang
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Am J Rhinol Allergy 25:e23-6. 2011The aim of this study was to determine the expression and distribution of angiogenin in nasal polyps and to evaluate the implication of such expression with respect to the development of nasal polyps.
- Peripheral blood monocyte subsets predict antiviral response in chronic hepatitis CY Rodríguez-Muñoz
Liver Unit, IIS Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas, Madrid, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 34:960-71. 2011..In addition to proinflammatory CD16+ monocytes, a Tie-2+ subgroup - Tie-2 expressing monocytes (TEMs) - that has robust proangiogenic potential has been recently defined...
- Airway angiogenesis in stable and exacerbated chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseS S Kristan
University Clinic of Respiratory and Allergic Diseases, Golnik, Slovenia
Scand J Immunol 75:109-14. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the airway levels of VEGF, angiogenin, IL-8 and TNF-α in patients with COPD during the stable phase and during acute exacerbation of the disease...
- Angiogenic remodeling in pediatric EoE is associated with increased levels of VEGF-A, angiogenin, IL-8, and activation of the TNF-α-NFκB pathwayRabindranath Persad
Department of Paediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:251-60. 2012..The aims of this study were to determine the angiogenic profile of esophageal mucosa in children presenting with EoE and to evaluate the putative mechanism(s) underlying the early inflammatory angiogenic response observed in EoE...
- Decreased serum angiogenin level in Alzheimer's diseaseYong Nam Kim
Department of Psychiatry, Hallym University College of Medicine, Chuncheon Sacred Heart Hospital, Chuncheon, Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 38:116-20. 2012..A few studies on the roles of VEGF in AD have been reported recently. But, the results were inconsistent. Angiogenin, which is suspected to have a similar function as VEGF, however, has not yet been studied in patients with AD.
- Distinct effects of calorie restriction on adipose tissue cytokine and angiogenesis profiles in obese and lean miceEveliina Kurki
Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, P, O, Box 63, FI 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Nutr Metab (Lond) 9:64. 2012..Using sensitive high-throughput protein arrays we here investigated adipose tissue cytokine and angiogenesis-related protein profiles from obese and lean mice, and in particular, the influence of calorie restriction (CR)...
- Inhibition of prostate carcinoma establishment and metastatic growth in mice by an antiangiogenin monoclonal antibodyKaren A Olson
Center for Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences and Medicine and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02139, USA
Int J Cancer 98:923-9. 2002A neutralizing monoclonal antibody (MAb) 26-2F to human angiogenin, a potent inducer of neovascularization, has been shown previously to prevent or delay the appearance of angiogenin-secreting human colon, fibrosarcoma and lung tumor cell ..
- Serum levels of interleukins, growth factors and angiogenin in patients with endometrial cancerV Chopra
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston 77555 0587, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 123:167-72. 1997The purpose of this work was to study changes in serum levels of interleukins, growth factors and angiogenin during different stages of endometrial cancer progression...
- Angiogenin, interleukins, and growth-factor levels in serum of patients with ovarian cancer: correlation with angiogenesisV Chopra
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0587, USA
Cancer J Sci Am 2:279-85. 1996..critical to the development of ovarian tumors, we devised an experiment to study changes in the serum levels of angiogenin, growth factors, and interleukins, which can act as modulators of angiogenesis, in patients with ovarian cancer ..
- Chimeric anti-angiogenin antibody cAb 26-2F inhibits the formation of human breast cancer xenografts in athymic miceR Piccoli
Center for Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences and Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 250 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:4579-83. 1998b>Angiogenin (Ang), an inducer of neovascularization, is secreted by several types of human tumor cells and appears critical for their growth...
- Angiogenin expression and prognosis in primary breast carcinomaS Montero
Division of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 4:2161-8. 1998b>Angiogenin is a protein originally isolated as an inducer of new blood vessel growth, and it has been reported to be an effective substrate for tumor cell adhesion...
- Increased angiogenin expression in pancreatic cancer is related to cancer aggressivenessS Shimoyama
Department of General Surgery, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Cancer Res 56:2703-6. 1996We have investigated the expression of angiogenin (ANG) in pancreatic cancer and the relevance of ANG expression to the progression of pancreatic cancer. In comparison to normal pancreas, increased ANG mRNA expression was observed in 80...
- Increased angiogenin expression in the tumor tissue and serum of urothelial carcinoma patients is related to disease progression and recurrenceH Miyake
Department of Urology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer 86:316-24. 1999..partly dependent on angiogenesis, the induction of which is mediated by several angiogenic factors, including angiogenin (ANG)...
- Serum levels of angiogenin (ANG) in invasive cervical cancer and in cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)B Bodner-Adler
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
Anticancer Res 21:809-12. 2001..a variety of proteins including the family of fibroblast growth factors, vascular endothelial growth factor and angiogenin (ANG)...
- ANG mutations segregate with familial and 'sporadic' amyotrophic lateral sclerosisMatthew J Greenway
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
Nat Genet 38:411-3. 2006We recently identified angiogenin (ANG) as a candidate susceptibility gene for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by adult-onset loss of motor neurons...
- Angiogenin and gestational trophoblastic tumors, a promising prognostic markerMohamed Shaarawy
Endocrinology and Maternal Biochemistry Laboratories, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:306-10. 2003The aim of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic and prognostic values of serum angiogenin concentration in cases with gestational trophoblastic diseases (GTDs)...
- Serum concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-1, soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor-1 and angiogenin in endometriosis patientsAnn Muriel Steff
MetrioGene BioSciences a subsidiary of PROCREA BioSciences, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Reprod Immunol 51:166-73. 2004..We compared levels of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), soluble form of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) receptor-1 (sTNFR-1) and angiogenin in the serum of patients with endometriosis and controls.
- Elevated angiogenin levels in the peritoneal fluid of women with endometriosis correlate with the extent of the disorderNobuhiro Suzumori
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Fertil Steril 82:93-6. 2004To assess the release of angiogenin into peritoneal fluid in women with and without endometriosis by measuring its concentration with reference to disease stage, presence of red lesions, and phase of the menstrual cycle.
- Comparison of cytokeratin 20 RNA and angiogenin in voided urine samples as diagnostic tools for bladder carcinomaSanaa Eissa
Oncology Diagnostic Unit, Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Abbassia, Cairo, Egypt
Clin Biochem 37:803-10. 2004We evaluated the diagnostic efficacy of urinary angiogenin (ANG) and cytokeratin 20 (CK-20) mRNA in comparison with voided urine cytology in the detection of bladder cancer patients.
- Angiogenin is up-regulated in the nucleus and cytoplasm in human primary breast carcinoma and is associated with markers of hypoxia but not survivalLeticia Campo
Nuffield Department Clinical Laboratory Sciences, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
J Pathol 205:585-91. 2005b>Angiogenin, a 14.2 kD polypeptide that was originally noted for its angiogenic activity, is now increasingly recognized to have a multiplicity of biological roles in both physiological and pathological conditions...
- Increased plasma levels of angiogenin and the risk of bladder carcinoma: from initiation ot recurrenceHua Zhao
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 104:30-5. 2005Angiogenesis is a well known prerequisite for tumor growth and metastasis. It is believed that angiogenin initiates cell migration and aids cell proliferation...
- A comparative study of two angiogenic factors: vascular endothelial growth factor and angiogenin in induced sputum from asthmatic children in acute attackAzza M O Abdel-Rahman
Department of Pediatrics, National Research Center, Cairo, Egypt
Chest 129:266-71. 2006..Angiogenesis is a prerequisite for airway remodeling in bronchial asthma. Several factors may play important roles in inflammation and angiogenesis through effects on inflammatory cell infiltration or neovascularization...
- Sonic hedgehog (Shh) regulates the expression of angiogenic growth factors in oxygen-glucose-deprived astrocytes by mediating the nuclear receptor NR2F2Yanan Li
Department of Neurology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Mol Neurobiol 47:967-75. 2013Sonic hedgehog (Shh) has been found to regulate the angiogenic growth factor such as VEGF, Ang-1, and Ang-2 during ischemic insults, but the underlying mechanism is not fully understood...
- Tissue distribution and developmental expression of the messenger RNA encoding angiogeninH L Weiner
Science 237:280-2. 1987..The polypeptide angiogenin induces new blood vessel growth in two biological assays and may play a role in the vascular development of the ..
- Expression of receptors for human angiogenin in vascular smooth muscle cellsE Hatzi
Laboratoire de Recherche sur la Croissance Cellulaire, la Réparation Tissulaires, Université Paris XII Val de Marne, Cretil, France
Eur J Biochem 260:825-32. 1999Human angiogenin is a plasma protein with angiogenic and ribonucleolytic activities. Angiogenin inhibited both DNA replication and proliferation of aortic smooth muscle cells...
- Novel properties of the nucleolar targeting signal of human angiogeninR Lixin
Nuclear Signalling Laboratory, Division for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Canberra City, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:185-93. 2001The polypeptide ligand angiogenin, a potent inducer of angiogenesis, localizes in the nucleus/nucleolus subsequent to endocytosis by relevant cell types...
- Angiopoietin-1 induces neurite outgrowth of PC12 cells in a Tie2-independent, beta1-integrin-dependent mannerXinyu Chen
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Neurosci Res 64:348-54. 2009..We hypothesized that Ang1 acts directly on neurons inducing neurite outgrowth...