Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Akt1
Description: AKT serine/threonine kinase 1
Alias: Akt, RAC-alpha serine/threonine-protein kinase, AKT1 kinase, PKB alpha, RAC protein kinase alpha RAC-PK alpha, RAC-PK-alpha, murine thymoma viral (v-akt) oncogene homolog 1, protein kinase B alpha, thymoma viral proto-oncogene 1, v-akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 1
Publications159 found, 100 shown here
- Acute physical exercise reverses S-nitrosation of the insulin receptor, insulin receptor substrate 1 and protein kinase B/Akt in diet-induced obese Wistar ratsJose R Pauli
Departamento de Clinica Medica, FCM UNICAMP, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brasil
J Physiol 586:659-71. 2008..iNOS protein level and S-nitrosation of insulin receptor beta (IR beta), insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS1) and Akt. Interestingly, an acute bout of exercise reduced iNOS expression and S-nitrosation of proteins involved in the ..
- IGF-1 induces hypoxia-inducible factor 1α-mediated GLUT3 expression through PI3K/Akt/mTOR dependent pathways in PC12 cellsJian Yu
Department of Neurosurgery, The Sun Yat sen Memorial Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, 510120, People s Republic of China
Brain Res 1430:18-24. 2012..Moreover, IGF-1 stimulated HIF-1α and GLUT3 protein expression through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt/mTOR dependent pathways...
- 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D(3) prevents puromycin aminonucleoside-induced apoptosis of glomerular podocytes by activating the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt-signaling pathwayHouqin Xiao
Division of Nephrology, Guangdong General Hospital and Guangdong Academy of Medical Sciences, Guangdong, PR China
Am J Nephrol 30:34-43. 2009..Given a rich literature identifying podocyte apoptosis as an early step in the pathophysiological progression to proteinuria and glomerulosclerosis, we hypothesized that vitamin D protects podocytes from undergoing apoptosis...
- Atrophy-related ubiquitin ligases, atrogin-1 and MuRF1 are up-regulated in aged rat Tibialis Anterior muscleStephan Clavel
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, CNRS UMR 6548, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 28 Avenue Valrose, 06108 Nice Cedex 2, France
Mech Ageing Dev 127:794-801. 2006..Moreover, we observed a decrease in the IGF-1/Akt signalling pathways and elevated level of TNFalpha mRNA in aged rat muscle...
- Akt kinase targets association of CBP with SMAD 3 to regulate TGFbeta-induced expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1Falguni Das
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Cell Physiol 214:513-27. 2008..We studied the cross-talk between Smad 3 and PI 3 kinase/Akt signaling in TGFbeta-induced PAI-1 expression in renal mesangial cells...
- EV71 induces COX-2 expression via c-Src/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/p42/p44 MAPK/AP-1 and NF-kappaB in rat brain astrocytesWei Hsuan Tung
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 224:376-86. 2010..We further observed that EV71-induced activation of Akt and p42/p44 MAPK were mediated via c-Src and PDGFR...
- Induction of cardiac fibroblast lysyl oxidase by TGF-β1 requires PI3K/Akt, Smad3, and MAPK signalingTetyana G Voloshenyuk
Department of Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido Street, MEB 7205, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Cytokine 55:90-7. 2011..Blockade of PI3K also decreased TGF-β1 induced phosphorylation of Smad3, suggesting that the PI3K/Akt and Smad pathways may be integrated in TGF-β1 signaling...
- In situ phosphorylation of Akt and ERK1/2 in rat mammary gland, colon, and liver following treatment with human insulin and IGF-1Henning Hvid
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Toxicol Pathol 39:623-40. 2011..The authors investigated the effect of a single subcutaneous dose of 600 nmol/kg human insulin or IGF-1 on Akt and ERK1/2 phosphorylation in rat liver, colon, and mammary gland...
- Angiopoietin 1 reduces rat follicular atresia mediated by apoptosis through the PI3K/Akt pathwayFernanda Parborell
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental IByME CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Cell Endocrinol 343:79-87. 2011..inhibition of ANGPT1 on steroid production, proliferation and apoptosis of ovarian follicular cells and on the PI3K/AKT pathway...
- Sublytic C5b-9 complexes induce proliferative changes of glomerular mesangial cells in rat Thy-1 nephritis through TRAF6-mediated PI3K-dependent Akt1 activationWen Qiu
Department of Immunology and Lab of Immunopathology, Nanjing Medical University, People s Republic of China
J Pathol 226:619-32. 2012..that GMCs proliferation and ECM secretion, both in vitro and in vivo, were notably increased, and that PI3K/Akt1 activation and its regulation, such as TNF receptor-associated factor 6 (TRAF6)-mediated Akt1 ubiquitination and ..
- MicroRNA-143 is a critical regulator of cell cycle activity in stem cells with co-overexpression of Akt and angiopoietin-1 via transcriptional regulation of Erk5/cyclin D1 signalingVien Khach Lai
Department of Pathology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Cell Cycle 11:767-77. 2012We report that simultaneous expression of Akt and angiopoietin-1 (Ang-1) transgenes supported mitogenesis in stem cells with a critical role for microRNA-143 (miR-143) downstream of FoxO1 transcription factor...
- Cooperative action of JNK and AKT/mTOR in 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium-induced autophagy of neuronal PC12 cellsJezabel Rodriguez-Blanco
Departamento de Morfologia y Biologia Celular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
J Neurosci Res 90:1850-60. 2012..Results showed an early increase in oxidants, which drives the modulation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) and AKT/mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathways, mimicking peroxide treatment...
- Reactive oxygen species mediate Endothelin-1-induced activation of ERK1/2, PKB, and Pyk2 signaling, as well as protein synthesis, in vascular smooth muscle cellsGrace Bou Daou
Research Center, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal Hotel Dieu, Department of Medicine and Physiology, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Free Radic Biol Med 37:208-15. 2004..These results demonstrate that ROS are critical mediators of ET-1-induced signaling events linked to growth-promoting proliferative and hypertrophic pathways in VSMCs...
- Requirement for Akt (protein kinase B) in insulin-induced activation of glycogen synthase and phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 (PHAS-1)M Takata
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:20611-8. 1999The roles of Akt (protein kinase B) and the atypical lambda isoform of protein kinase C (PKClambda), both of which act downstream of phosphoinositide 3-kinase, in the activation of glycogen synthase and phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 (PHAS-1) ..
- Role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway in angiotensin II and insulin-like growth factor-1 modulation of nitric oxide synthase in vascular smooth muscle cellsEsma R Isenovic
Department of Biochemistry, SUNY Health Science Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Endocrine 19:287-92. 2002The aim of this study was to examine the role of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/serine/threonine kinase Akt signaling pathway in mediating interactions between angiotensin II (Ang II) and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) in ..
- Functional studies of Akt isoform specificity in skeletal muscle in vivo; maintained insulin sensitivity despite reduced insulin receptor substrate-1 expressionMark E Cleasby
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 21:215-28. 2007The phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway is thought to be essential for normal insulin action and glucose metabolism in skeletal muscle and has been shown to be dysregulated in insulin resistance...
- Diverse cardioprotective signaling mechanisms of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma ligands, 15-deoxy-Delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 and ciglitazone, in reperfusion injury: role of nuclear factor-kappaB, heat shock factor 1, and AktBasilia Zingarelli
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Shock 28:554-63. 2007..but not ciglitazone, also induced a significant increase in nuclear phosphorylation of the prosurvival kinase Akt. The cardioprotection afforded by ciglitazone was attenuated by the PPAR-gamma antagonist GW-9662...
- Insulin resistance affects the cytoprotective effect of insulin in cardiomyocytes through an impairment of MAPK phosphatase-1 expressionCarmine Morisco
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Scienze Cardiovascolari ed Immunologiche, Universita Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 76:453-64. 2007..Caspases are a family of cysteine proteases that regulate apoptosis. We explored the effects of insulin resistance on hypoxia-induced caspase-3 activation in cardiomyocytes...
- Akt phosphorylates Connexin43 on Ser373, a "mode-1" binding site for 14-3-3Darren J Park
Natural Products and Cancer Biology Program, Cancer Research Center, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 14:211-26. 2007..Mode-1" interaction with 14-3-3 requires phosphorylation of Ser373 on Cx43 (Park et al. 2006). Akt phosphorylates and targets a number of proteins to interactions with 14-3-3...
- Age-related differences in insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor signaling regulates Akt/FOXO3a and ERK/Fos pathways in vascular smooth muscle cellsMuyao Li
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont
J Cell Physiol 217:377-87. 2008..We previously found age-related differences in the activation of Akt/FOXO3a and ERK1/2 pathways in VSMC, but the upstream signaling remains unclear...
- Endothelin-1 inhibits thick ascending limb transport via Akt-stimulated nitric oxide productionMarcela Herrera
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Biol Chem 284:1454-60. 2009..that endothelin-1 stimulates THAL NO production by activating phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), stimulating Akt activity, and phosphorylating NOS3 at Ser1177. This enhances NO production and inhibits sodium transport...
- SDF-1α inhibits hypoxia and serum deprivation-induced apoptosis in mesenchymal stem cells through PI3K/Akt and ERK1/2 signaling pathwaysQi Yin
Research Center for Cardiac Regenerative Medicine, the Ministry of Health, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, 100037, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:9-16. 2011..Our observations suggested that SDF-1α inhibits hypoxia/SD induced BMSCs apoptosis through PI3K/Akt and ERK1/2 signaling pathways...
- Phosphorylation of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase-protein kinase B and extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 mediate reoxygenation-induced cardioprotection during hypoxiaGiuseppina Milano
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 235:401-10. 2010..To elucidate the underlying mechanism, we tested the role of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase-protein kinase B (Akt) and p42/p44 extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERK1/2), which are known to be associated with protection ..
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3 by insulin mediated by protein kinase BD A Cross
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, UK
Nature 378:785-9. 1995..conditions, and we demonstrate that it is the product of the proto-oncogene protein kinase B (PKB, also known as Akt/RAC)...
- Akt kinases and 2-deoxyglucose uptake in rat skeletal muscles in vivo: study with insulin and exerciseJ Turinsky
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Am J Physiol 276:R277-82. 1999..Administration of insulin resulted in rapid activation of Akt1 kinase, with peak activity observed 5 min after insulin injection...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1-induced phosphorylation of the forkhead family transcription factor FKHRL1 is mediated by Akt kinase in PC12 cellsW H Zheng
Douglas Hospital Research Center, Departments of Psychiatry and of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:39152-8. 2000..elegans, is an inducer of apoptosis in its unphosphorylated form and was recently reported as a substrate of Akt kinases...
- Growth retardation and increased apoptosis in mice with homozygous disruption of the Akt1 geneW S Chen
Department of Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Genes Dev 15:2203-8. 2001..Here we report the disruption of the most ubiquitously expressed member of the akt family of genes, akt1, in the mouse. Akt1(-/-) mice are viable but smaller when compared to wild-type littermates...
- Contraction regulation of Akt in rat skeletal muscleKei Sakamoto
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and the Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 277:11910-7. 2002..to increasing phosphorylation, contraction in situ significantly increased the activity of all three Akt isoforms (Akt1 > Akt2 > Akt3) with maximal activation occurring at 2...
- A protein kinase B-dependent and rapamycin-sensitive pathway controls skeletal muscle growth but not fiber type specificationGiorgia Pallafacchina
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Center of Muscle Biology and Physiopathology, University of Padova, 35121 Padova, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9213-8. 2002..Here we report that constitutively active protein kinase B (PKB), also known as Akt, increases fiber size and prevents denervation atrophy in regenerating and adult rat muscles but does not affect ..
- Alpha-lipoic acid preconditioning reduces ischemia-reperfusion injury of the rat liver via the PI3-kinase/Akt pathwayChristian Muller
Dept of Pharmacy, Center of Drug Research, Univ of Munich, Germany
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G769-78. 2003..Preconditioning with LA significantly enhanced Akt phosphorylation. It showed neither effect on endothelial nitric oxide synthase nor on Bad phosphorylation...
- Control of synaptic strength, a novel function of AktQinghua Wang
Programme in Brain and Behaviour Research, Research Institute of the Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, 555 University Avenue, M5G 1X8, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neuron 38:915-28. 2003b>Akt (also known as PKB), a serine/threonine kinase involved in diverse signal-transduction pathways, is highly expressed in the brain...
- Akt signaling in skeletal muscle: regulation by exercise and passive stretchKei Sakamoto
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E1081-8. 2003b>Akt/protein kinase B is a serine/threonine kinase that has emerged as a critical signaling component for mediating numerous cellular responses...
- Proteasome-dependent decrease in Akt by growth factors in vascular smooth muscle cellsMayumi Adachi
Department of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minami kogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
FEBS Lett 554:77-80. 2003b>Akt is activated by growth factors to regulate various aspects of vascular smooth muscle cell function...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation-dependent PI 3 kinase/Akt signal transduction regulates TGFbeta-induced fibronectin expression in mesangial cellsGoutam Ghosh Choudhury
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and Geriatrics Research, Education and Clinical Center, Mail Code 7882, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Cell Signal 16:31-41. 2004..We investigated the involvement of tyrosine phosphorylation and the phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3 kinase/Akt signalling pathway in this process...
- Estrogen exerts neuroprotective effects via membrane estrogen receptors and rapid Akt/NOS activationVasilia Ismini Alexaki
Laboratory of Experimental Endocrinology, University of Crete, School of Medicine, Heraklion, Greece
FASEB J 18:1594-6. 2004..signaling cascade (2-30 min after E2) has been tested, showing Ca(2+) mobilization-->PI3K activation-->Akt phosporylation-->NOS activation. Inhibition of PI3K or NOS completely reversed the anti-apoptotic effect of E2...
- Akt activation protects rat liver from ischemia/reperfusion injuryNobuko Harada
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Surg Res 121:159-70. 2004Apoptosis as well as necrosis may play an important role in hepatic ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury. Akt, a serine-threonine protein kinase, is known to promote cell survival...
- Hexokinase-mitochondria interaction mediated by Akt is required to inhibit apoptosis in the presence or absence of Bax and BakNathan Majewski
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Mol Cell 16:819-30. 2004The serine/threonine kinase Akt inhibits mitochondrial cytochrome c release and apoptosis induced by a variety of proapoptotic stimuli. The antiapoptotic activity of Akt is coupled, at least in part, to its effects on cellular metabolism...
- Recent advances in the protein kinase B signaling pathwayJames R Woodgett
Ontario Cancer Institute Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2 M9, Canada
Curr Opin Cell Biol 17:150-7. 2005....
- Akt/Bad signaling and motor neuron survival after spinal cord injuryFengshan Yu
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Neurobiol Dis 20:491-9. 2005The serine-threonine kinase Akt is a cell survival signaling pathway that inactivates the proapoptotic BCL-2 family protein Bad and promotes cell survival in cerebral ischemia...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 protects beta cells from cytokine-induced apoptosis and necrosis: role of protein kinase BL Li
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Room 3366, Medical Sciences Building, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, ON, M5S 1A8, Canada
Diabetologia 48:1339-49. 2005..In the present study we used rat INS-1E beta cells and primary rat islet cells to examine the potential role of PKB as a mediator of the effect of GLP-1 on cytokine-induced apoptosis...
- Akt activates the mammalian target of rapamycin by regulating cellular ATP level and AMPK activityAnnett Hahn-Windgassen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32081-9. 2005..We show that in Akt1/Akt2 DKO cells AMP/ATP ratio is markedly elevated with concomitant increase in AMPK activity, whereas in cells ..
- Estradiol prevents the injury-induced decrease of Akt activation and Bad phosphorylationChung Kil Won
Department of Anatomy, College of Veterinary Medicine and Institute of Animal Science, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju 660 701, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 387:115-9. 2005..This study investigated whether estradiol modulates the anti-apoptotic signal through the activation of Akt and its downstream targets, including Bad, Bcl-x(L), and 14-3-3...
- Evidence that Ser87 of BimEL is phosphorylated by Akt and regulates BimEL apoptotic functionXiao Jun Qi
Department of Cell Biology, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 281:813-23. 2006..The appearance of multiple, phosphorylated species of Bim(EL) correlated with Akt, and not ERK, activation...
- Akt/GSK3beta survival signaling is involved in acute brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in ratsHidenori Endo
Department of Neurosurgery, and Program in Neurosciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, 1201 Welch Rd, MSLS P314, Stanford, California 94305 5487, USA
Stroke 37:2140-6. 2006Apoptotic cell death is associated with acute brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). The Akt/glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK3beta) pathway plays an important role in the cell death/survival pathway after a variety of cell ..
- Signalling mechanisms mediated by the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt cascade in synaptic plasticity and memory in the ratJennifer M Horwood
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie de l Apprentissage, de la Memoire et de la Communication, CNRS UMR 8620, Universite Paris Sud, Bat 446, 91405 Orsay, France
Eur J Neurosci 23:3375-84. 2006The phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signalling cascade has classically been implicated in promoting cell survival but more recently has been shown to regulate a number of other cellular functions...
- Caveolin-1 phosphorylation is required for stretch-induced EGFR and Akt activation in mesangial cellsBaifang Zhang
Division of Nephrology, McMaster University, and St Joseph s Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Cell Signal 19:1690-700. 2007..We have recently shown that Akt mediates the stretch-induced production of type I collagen, an important contributor to sclerosis, in MC...
- Activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and protein kinase B/Akt in dorsal root ganglia and spinal cord contributes to the neuropathic pain induced by spinal nerve ligation in ratsJi Tian Xu
Department of Physiology and Department of Neurobiology, Medical School of Zhengzhou University, 40 Daxue Rd, Zhengzhou, 450052 PR China
Exp Neurol 206:269-79. 2007Several lines of evidence indicate that phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and PI3K-protein kinase B/Akt (PKB/Akt) signal pathway mediate the pain hypersensitivity induced by intradermal injection of capsaicin or nerve growth factor...
- The Akt signaling pathway contributes to postconditioning's protection against stroke; the protection is associated with the MAPK and PKC pathwaysXuwen Gao
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94305 5327, USA
J Neurochem 105:943-55. 2008..Here, we extend this data by examining long-term protection and exploring underlying mechanisms involving the Akt, mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) and protein kinase C (PKC) signaling pathways...
- Renal activity of Akt kinase in obese Zucker ratsJana Zdychova
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 233:1231-41. 2008Insulin resistance (IR) and consequent hyperinsulinemia are hallmarks of Type 2 diabetes (DM2). Akt kinase (Akt) is an important molecule in insulin signaling, implicated in regulation of glucose uptake, cell growth, cell survival, ..
- PI3K/Akt: getting it right mattersT F Franke
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Oncogene 27:6473-88. 2008The Akt serine/threonine kinase (also called protein kinase B) has emerged as a critical signaling molecule within eukaryotic cells...
- The role of phosphoinositide-3-kinase/Akt pathway in propofol-induced postconditioning against focal cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsHai Yun Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, General Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Anshan Road No 154, Heping District, Tianjin, 300052, China
Brain Res 1297:177-84. 2009..whether propofol could provide postconditioning to ischemic brain injury and the role of phosphoinositide-3-kinase/Akt (PI3K/Akt) pathway in this phenomenon...
- Hsp20-engineered mesenchymal stem cells are resistant to oxidative stress via enhanced activation of Akt and increased secretion of growth factorsXiaohong Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0575, USA
Stem Cells 27:3021-31. 2009..The mechanisms contributing to the beneficial effects of Hsp20 were associated with enhanced Akt activation and increased secretion of growth factors (VEGF, FGF-2, and IGF-1)...
- Endogenous nerve growth factor regulates collagen expression and bladder hypertrophy through Akt and MAPK pathways during cystitisChul Won Chung
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0551, USA
J Biol Chem 285:4206-12. 2010..pathways mediating NGF-induced type I collagen expression in the inflamed bladder during cystitis revealed that Akt, JNK, and ERK1/2 activities were increased in the inflamed bladder, whereas p38 MAPK remained unchanged...
- An Akt- and Fra-1-dependent pathway mediates platelet-derived growth factor-induced expression of thrombomodulin, a novel regulator of smooth muscle cell migrationAruna Ramachandran
Urological Diseases Research Center, John F Enders Research Laboratories, Room 1077, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 177:119-31. 2010..Previously, we implicated Akt and activator protein-1 (AP-1) as mediators of growth and gene expression in SMC exposed to cyclic stretch or PDGF...
- Role for pAKT in rat urinary bladder with cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced cystitisLauren Arms
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F252-62. 2011b>AKT phosphorylation following peripheral nerve injury or inflammation may play a role in somatic pain processes and visceral inflammation...
- SOD3 decreases ischemic injury derived apoptosis through phosphorylation of Erk1/2, Akt, and FoxO3aLilja E Laatikainen
University of Turku, MediCity Research Laboratory, Turku, Finland
PLoS ONE 6:e24456. 2011..pathways and could potentially explain a number of apoptosis and survival -related phenomena in different pathological conditions, we clarified the impact of SOD3 on Akt and Erk1/2 cell survival pathways in rat hind limb injury model.
- Neuroprotective effect of hydrogen-rich saline against neurologic damage and apoptosis in early brain injury following subarachnoid hemorrhage: possible role of the Akt/GSK3β signaling pathwayYuan Hong
Department of Neurosurgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 9:e96212. 2014..In the present study, we aimed to evaluate whether hydrogen alleviates EBI after SAH, specifically neuronal apoptosis, partially via the Akt/GSK3β signaling pathway.
- Endothelin-1 activates endothelial cell nitric-oxide synthase via heterotrimeric G-protein betagamma subunit signaling to protein jinase B/AktSongling Liu
Duke University Liver Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49929-35. 2003..we demonstrate that ET-1 binding to sinusoidal endothelial cell ETB receptors led to increased protein kinase B/Akt phosphorylation, endothelial cell nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) phosphorylation, and NO synthesis...
- AKT1 drives endothelial cell membrane asymmetry and microglial activation through Bcl-xL and caspase 1, 3, and 9Zhao Zhong Chong
Division of Cellular and Molecular Cerebral Ischemia, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Exp Cell Res 296:196-207. 2004Protein kinase B (Akt1) holds a central role for cellular growth, development, and survival, but the cellular pathways of Akt1 that prevent inflammatory demise in the vascular system remain undefined...
- The pro-atherogenic cytokine interleukin-18 induces CXCL16 expression in rat aortic smooth muscle cells via MyD88, interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase, tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6, c-Src, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Akt, c-JBysani Chandrasekar
Department of Medicine, Medicine Cardiology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26263-77. 2005..Src kinase inhibitors PP1 and PP2, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitors wortmannin and LY294002, Akt inhibitor, the c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) inhibitor SP600125, antisense JNK and dominant negative MyD88, ..
- Downregulation of protein kinase B/Akt-1 mediates INS-1 insulinoma cell apoptosis induced by dominant-negative suppression of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha functionH Wobser
Department of Physiology, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, 123 St Stephen s Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Diabetologia 49:519-26. 2006..We have previously shown that a dominant-negative mutant (DN-HNF-1alpha) renders INS-1 insulinoma cells sensitive to the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway, but the underlying alterations in signal transduction remain unknown...
- Angiotensin-(1 7) stimulates the phosphorylation of JAK2, IRS-1 and Akt in rat heart in vivo: role of the AT1 and Mas receptorsJorge F Giani
Instituto de Quimica y Fisicoquimica Biologicas, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1154-63. 2007..In contrast to ANG II, ANG-(1-7) stimulated cardiac Akt phosphorylation, and this stimulation was blunted in presence of the receptor Mas antagonist A-779 or the ..
- Pim-1 regulates cardiomyocyte survival downstream of AktJohn A Muraski
San Diego State University Heart Institute, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, California 92182, USA
Nat Med 13:1467-75. 2007The serine-threonine kinases Pim-1 and Akt regulate cellular proliferation and survival. Although Akt is known to be a crucial signaling protein in the myocardium, the role of Pim-1 has been overlooked...
- Regulation of Akt expression and phosphorylation by 17beta-estradiol in the rat uterus during estrous cycleMarie Claude Dery
Departement de Chimie Biologie, Section Biologie Médicale, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, C, P, 500, Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada G9A 5H7
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:47. 2003..We have investigated the possibility that Akt survival pathway might be involved in the regulation of apoptosis in the uterus during the estrous cycle...
- Akt-mediated cardiomyocyte survival pathways are compromised by G alpha q-induced phosphoinositide 4,5-bisphosphate depletionAmy L Howes
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40343-51. 2003..b>Akt phosphorylation increases with GqWT expression but is markedly attenuated in cardiomyocytes expressing GqQ209L or ..
- Cross-talk between protein kinases Czeta and B in cyclic AMP-mediated sodium taurocholate co-transporting polypeptide translocation in hepatocytesMarie McConkey
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, 200 Westboro Road, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20882-8. 2004..It is proposed that cAMP-induced Ntcp translocation involves the activation of the PI3K/PKCzeta signaling pathway followed by the activation of the PI3K/PKB signaling pathway...
- Inhibition of Src-like kinases reveals Akt-dependent and -independent pathways in insulin-like growth factor I-mediated oligodendrocyte progenitor survivalQiao Ling Cui
Department of Pharmacology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:8918-28. 2005..In addition, IGF-I activated Akt while inhibiting caspase-3 activation, and these effects were reversed by the PI3K inhibitors LY 294002 and ..
- Akt mediates mechanical strain-induced collagen production by mesangial cellsJoan C Krepinsky
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1661-72. 2005..Recent data indicate that the serine/threonine kinase Akt may be involved in matrix modulation...
- Possible involvement of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signal pathway in vasopressin-induced HSP27 phosphorylation in aortic smooth muscle A10 cellsHidetaka Suga
Department of Pharmacology, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 438:137-45. 2005..In the present study, we investigated whether phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/protein kinase B (Akt) is involved in the phosphorylation of HSP27 in these cells...
- Ca2+ dysregulation induces mitochondrial depolarization and apoptosis: role of Na+/Ca2+ exchanger and AKTShigeki Miyamoto
Department of Pharmacology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 280:38505-12. 2005..Interestingly, constitutively activated Akt, which rescues cells from Q209L-induced apoptosis, prevented the decrease in NCX expression, normalized cytosolic ..
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling stimulates colonic mucosal cell survival during agingAdhip P N Majumdar
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G49-55. 2006..The current investigation examines the involvement of phosphotidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signaling pathway in mediating the events of colonic mucosal cell survival during aging...
- Akt contributes to neuroprotection by hypothermia against cerebral ischemia in ratsHeng Zhao
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 25:9794-806. 2005Activation of the Akt/protein kinase B (PKB) kinase pathway can be neuroprotective after stroke...
- The Akt pathway in human breast cancer: a tissue-array-based analysisShikha Bose
Department of Pathology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Mod Pathol 19:238-45. 2006The Akt pathway, an important regulator of cell proliferation and survival, is deregulated in many cancers...
- Thyroid hormone stimulates protein synthesis in the cardiomyocyte by activating the Akt-mTOR and p70S6K pathwaysAgnes Kenessey
The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:20666-72. 2006..005), which resulted in increased phosphorylation of downstream kinases Akt and mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR). This effect was abrogated by pretreatment with wortmannin or LY294002...
- Regional hippocampal differences in AKT survival signaling across the lifespan: implications for CA1 vulnerability with agingT C Jackson
Department of Neuroscience, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0244, USA
Cell Death Differ 16:439-48. 2009..We show here that survival signaling, as measured by activated protein kinase B (AKT), was significantly reduced in the nuclear CA1 region across the lifespan compared with CA3...
- Akt1 is critical for acute inflammation and histamine-mediated vascular leakageAnnarita Di Lorenzo
Department of Pharmacology and Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14552-7. 2009b>Akt1 is implicated in cell metabolism, survival migration, and gene expression; however, little is known about the role of specific Akt isoforms during inflammation in vivo...
- Adenosine A2a receptor induced gliosis via Akt/NF-kappaB pathway in vitroRong Hu Ke
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, No 138, Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Neurosci Res 65:280-5. 2009..antagonist Sch58261 decreased GFAP expression in a dose- and time-dependent manner with increased activation of Akt, and induced activation of NF-kappaB. An Akt inhibitor reversed the effect of Sch58261...
- Early endosomal antigen 1 (EEA1) is an obligate scaffold for angiotensin II-induced, PKC-alpha-dependent Akt activation in endosomesRafal Robert Nazarewicz
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 286:2886-95. 2011b>Akt/protein kinase B (PKB) activation/phosphorylation by angiotensin II (Ang II) is a critical signaling event in hypertrophy of vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- [Effects of PI3K/Akt signaling pathway on learning and memory abilities in neonatal rats with hypoxic-ischemic brain damage]Dan Yao
Department of Pediatric Health Care, Children s Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 13:424-7. 2011To study the effects of PI3K/Akt signaling pathway inhibitor wortmannin on long-term learning and memory abilities in neonatal rats with hypoxic-ischemic brain damage (HIBD).
- Neuregulin-1β prevents Ca(2+) overloading and apoptosis through PI3K/Akt activation in cultured dorsal root ganglion neurons with excitotoxicity induced by glutamateZhen Liu
Department of Anatomy, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan 250012, Shandong, China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:1195-201. 2011..These results implicated that NRG-1β could prevents Ca(2+) overload and apoptosis by activating PI3K/Akt pathway of primary cultured DRG neurons with excitotoxicity induced by Glu.
- Protective effect of urantide against ischemia-reperfusion injury via protein kinase C and phosphtidylinositol 3'-kinase - Akt pathwayJun Yan Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, PR China
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 90:637-45. 2012..ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats via the protein kinase C (PKC) and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-Akt signaling pathway...
- Downregulated microRNA-32 expression induced by high glucose inhibits cell cycle progression via PTEN upregulation and Akt inactivation in bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cellsGuiying Zhu
Department of Burn and Plastic Surgery, Burns Institute, First Hospital Affiliated to General Hospital of PLA, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 433:526-31. 2013..tensin homologs deleted on chromosome 10 (PTEN), a negative regulator of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signaling pathway...
- BIG1, a brefeldin A-inhibited guanine nucleotide-exchange protein regulates neurite development via PI3K-AKT and ERK signaling pathwaysC Zhou
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Neuroscience 254:361-8. 2013..the neurite length and inhibited the phosphorylation of phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) and protein kinase B (AKT)...
- In vivo regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in dorsal root ganglia is mediated by nerve growth factor-triggered Akt activation during cystitisLi Ya Qiao
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e81547. 2013..neutralizing NGF antibody also subsequently reduced cystitis-induced up-regulation of the serine/threonine kinase Akt activity in L6 DRG...
- AKT is critically involved in cooperation between obesity and the dietary carcinogen amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo [4,5-b] (PhIP) toward colon carcinogenesis in ratsMaki Igarashi
Division of Cancer Development System, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 443:852-7. 2014..Through transcriptome and extensive immunoblotting analyses, we identified the basal level of activated AKT in colonic crypts as a biomarker for the common predisposition...
- Astragaloside IV inhibits doxorubicin-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis mediated by mitochondrial apoptotic pathway via activating the PI3K/Akt pathwayYuanyuan Jia
Department of Pharmacology, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 62:45-53. 2014..significantly inhibited the activation of mitochondrial apoptotic pathway (MAP) via inducing the phosphorylation of Akt and Bad...
- Curcumin ameliorate DENA-induced HCC via modulating TGF-β, AKT, and caspase-3 expression in experimental rat modelMekky M M Abouzied
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Taibah University, El Madinah El Munawarah, P O Box 30001, Saudi Arabia
Tumour Biol 36:1763-71. 2015..of biochemical and molecular parameters of HCC animal model liver showed an overexpression of TGF-β and Akt proteins accompanied with a significant reduction of the proapoptotic marker caspase-3...
- Sphingosylphosphorylcholine protects cardiomyocytes against ischemic apoptosis via lipid raft/PTEN/Akt1/mTOR mediated autophagyHong Wei Yue
Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Animal Cells and Developmental Biology, School of Life Science, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1851:1186-93. 2015..We identified SPC as a switch for the activity of Akt1, a supposed upstream modulator of both mTOR and JNK...
- Akt attenuates apoptotic death through phosphorylation of H2A under hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress in PC12 cells and hippocampal neuronsJi Hye Park
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon 440 746, Korea
Sci Rep 6:21857. 2016Although the essential role of protein kinase B (PKB)/Akt in cell survival signaling has been clearly established, the mechanism by which Akt mediates the cellular response to hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)-induced oxidative stress remains ..
- Celastrol binds to ERK and inhibits FcepsilonRI signaling to exert an anti-allergic effectYoungmi Kim
School of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chunchon 200 701, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 612:131-42. 2009..by inhibiting the interaction between heat shock protein 90 (hsp90) and proteins, such as, FcepsilonRIbeta, Akt and PKCalpha...
- Alpha-crystallin promotes rat olfactory ensheathing cells survival and proliferation through regulation of PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathwaysYan Hua Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, PR China
Neurosci Lett 531:170-5. 2012..Phosphorylated p85, Akt and mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) were detected when OECs were culture for 7 days...
- Fatty acid infusion selectively impairs insulin action on Akt1 and protein kinase C lambda /zeta but not on glycogen synthase kinase-3Young Bum Kim
Diabetes Unit, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 277:32915-22. 2002..6- and 2.3-fold in lipid-infused rats. Insulin increased Akt1 activity 3.9-fold in glycerol-infused rats, and this was impaired 41% in lipid-infused rats...
- IKK beta and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt participate in non-pathogenic Gram-negative enteric bacteria-induced RelA phosphorylation and NF-kappa B activation in both primary and intestinal epithelial cell linesDirk Haller
Department of Medicine and the Center for Gastrointestinal Biology and Disease, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7080, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38168-78. 2002..interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-1 degradation, I kappa B alpha phosphorylation/degradation, RelA and Akt phosphorylation, as well as NF-kappa B DNA binding and NF-kappa B transcriptional activity in rat non-transformed ..
- Angiotensin II subtype 2 receptor activation inhibits insulin-induced phosphoinositide 3-kinase and Akt and induces apoptosis in PC12W cellsTai Xing Cui
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Ehime University School of Medicine, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 16:2113-23. 2002..II subtype 2 (AT2) receptor and insulin receptor signaling in the regulation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K), Akt, and apoptosis in rat pheochromocytoma cell line, PC12W cells, which exclusively express AT2 receptor...
- Akt induces enhanced myocardial contractility and cell size in vivo in transgenic miceGianluigi Condorelli
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, 233 South 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12333-8. 2002The serine-threonine kinase Akt seems to be central in mediating stimuli from different classes of receptors...
- Threonine 308 phosphorylated form of Akt translocates to the nucleus of PC12 cells under nerve growth factor stimulation and associates with the nuclear matrix protein nucleolinPaola Borgatti
Dipartimento di Morfologia ed Embriologia, Sezione di Anatomia Umana, Universita di Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Cell Physiol 196:79-88. 2003..in PC12 cells it may be observed a nerve growth factor (NGF) nuclear translocation of an active (phosphorylated) Akt. Western blot analysis with antibodies to either total or phosphorylated Akt showed a maximal nuclear translocation ..
- OxLDL induces mitogen-activated protein kinase activation mediated via PI3-kinase/Akt in vascular smooth muscle cellsMing Wei Chien
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Lipid Res 44:1667-75. 2003..and stimulates multiple signaling pathways, including activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-K)/Akt and p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), which are involved in mitogenesis of vascular smooth muscle ..
- Mechanism of enhanced cardiac function in mice with hypertrophy induced by overexpressed AktYoung Kwon Kim
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07101 1709, USA
J Biol Chem 278:47622-8. 2003Transgenic mice with cardiac-specific overexpression of active Akt (TG) not only exhibit hypertrophy but also show enhanced left ventricular (LV) function...
- Glutaredoxin exerts an antiapoptotic effect by regulating the redox state of AktHiroaki Murata
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in Disease, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:50226-33. 2003..of GRX protected cells from hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)-induced apoptosis by regulating the redox state of Akt. Akt was transiently phosphorylated, dephosphorylated, and then degraded in cardiac H9c2 cells undergoing H2O2-..
- Expression and localization of total Akt1 and phosphorylated Akt1 in the rat seminiferous epitheliumMary L Hixon
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
J Androl 24:891-8. 2003b>Akt1 is a survival factor that is believed to play a role in the transcriptional modulation of a subset of genes associated with cell growth, proliferation, and apoptosis...
- Ras GTPase-activating protein binds to Akt and is required for its activationYingzi Yue
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Biol Chem 279:12883-9. 2004..This resulted in discovering its interaction with Akt. Overexpression of RasGAP or a mutant lacking the GTPase-activating domain (nGAP) enhanced phosphorylation and ..
- ROLE OF BETA ARRESTIN IN LH/CG RECEPTOR DESENSITIZATIONMARY HUNZICKER DUNN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Regulation of Stress in Diabetic CardiomyopathyPing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should generate novel information and facilitate further understanding of the molecular mechanisms of diabetic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Function of MAP2D in Granulosa CellsMary Hunzicker Dunn; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding how follicular maturation is regulated can translate into safer and more effective treatments for fertility. ..
- Poly (ADP-Ribose) synthetase in expression of endotheliaBasilia Zingarelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PHOSPHORYLATION IN RENAL CELL INJURYGoutam Ghosh Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2004..A serine threonine kinase, Akt, has been identified as a downstream target of PI 3K...
- REGULATION OF PEPTIDE EXPRESSION IN NEURONAL CELLSVictor May; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may suggest future strategies to facilitate neuronal regeneration to injury and disease. ..
- Chemokines, nitric oxide, and myocardial depressionBysani Chandrasekar; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from these studies will further our knowledge of chemokine biology and lead to new therapeutic strategies to prevent or treat myocardial dysfunction in ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- 8th International Symposium for VIP, PACAP & Related PeptidesVictor May; Fiscal Year: 2007..The 8th International Symposium aims to continue that information and technology transfer to accelerate new developments. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..