Gene Symbol: Ak1
Description: adenylate kinase 1
Alias: Ak 1, adenylate kinase isoenzyme 1, ATP-AMP transphosphorylase 1, ATP:AMP phosphotransferase, adenylate monophosphate kinase, myokinase
- Increase of adenylate kinase isozyme 1 protein during neuronal differentiation in mouse embryonal carcinoma P19 cells and in rat brain primary cultured cellsS Inouye
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Neurochem 71:125-33. 1998..Among three vertebrate isozymes, AK isozyme 1 (AK1) is present prominently in the cytosol of skeletal muscle and brain...
- Effects of β-alanine administration on selected parameters of oxidative stress and phosphoryltransfer network in cerebral cortex and cerebellum of ratsTanise Gemelli
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, UFRGS, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2600 anexo, Porto Alegre, RS, CEP 90035 003, Brazil
Mol Cell Biochem 380:161-70. 2013..Moreover, the ingestion of β-alanine to improve muscular performance deserves more attention in respect to possible side-effects...
- Resveratrol protects left ventricle by increasing adenylate kinase and isocitrate dehydrogenase activities in rats with myocardial infarctionJeng Feng Lin
Division of Cardiology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
Chin J Physiol 54:406-12. 2011..In proteomic analysis, the MI group showed decreased expression of adenylate kinase 1 (AK1) and mitochondrial NADP⁺-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDPm) after MI compared with the sham group...
- Erythrocyte adenylate kinase deficiency: characterization of recombinant mutant forms and relationship with nonspherocytic hemolytic anemiaPatrizia Abrusci
Dipartimento di Biochimica A Castellani, Universita degli Studi di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Exp Hematol 35:1182-9. 2007..of AK deficiency depends upon demonstration of low enzyme activity in red blood cells and detection of mutations in AK1 gene...
- Adenylate kinase 1 gene deletion disrupts muscle energetic economy despite metabolic rearrangementE Janssen
Departments of Cell Biology and Diagnostic Radiology, University Medical Center, University of Nijmegen, Institute for Fundamental and Clinical Human Movement Sciences, Vrije University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
EMBO J 19:6371-81. 2000..Here, we provide evidence that genetic disruption of AK1-catalyzed ss-phosphoryl transfer in mice decreases the potential of myofibers to sustain nucleotide ratios despite ..
- A case of complete adenylate kinase deficiency due to a nonsense mutation in AK-1 gene (Arg 107 --> Stop, CGA --> TGA) associated with chronic haemolytic anaemiaP Bianchi
Divisione di Ematologia, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Milano, Italy
Br J Haematol 105:75-9. 1999..The new variant was named AK Fidenza, from the origin of the patients...
- Distribution and developmental changes of adenylate kinase isozymes in the rat brain: localization of adenylate kinase 1 in the olfactory bulbS Inouye
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Yamaguchi, Ube, 755 8505, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 254:618-22. 1999Changes in the levels of three adenylate kinase isozymes (AK1, AK2, and AK3) in the rat brain during development were investigated by immunoblot analysis...
- Proteomic profiling reveals a severely perturbed protein expression pattern in aged skeletal muscleKathleen O'Connell
Department of Biology, National University of Ireland, Co Kildare, Ireland
Int J Mol Med 20:145-53. 2007....
- Tissue-specific and developmentally regulated expression of the genes encoding adenylate kinase isozymesT Tanabe
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine
J Biochem 113:200-7. 1993..We isolated cDNAs for rat AK isozymes (AK1, AK2, and AK3), determined their mRNAs in rat tissues by Northern blot analysis, and measured the isozyme ..
- Identification of a novel adenylate kinase system in the brain: cloning of the fourth adenylate kinaseT Yoneda
First Department of Anatomy, Osaka City University Medical School, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abeno Ku, Osaka Shi, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 62:187-95. 1998..The presence of three isozymes of adenylate kinase (AK1, AK2 and AK3) that maintains the homeostasis of adenine and guanine nucleotide composition has been reported in the ..
- Metformin activates AMP kinase through inhibition of AMP deaminaseJiangyong Ouyang
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10010, USA
J Biol Chem 286:1-11. 2011..Both metformin and the AMPD inhibitor suppressed ammonia accumulation by the cells. Knockdown of AMPD obviated metformin stimulation of glucose transport. We conclude that AMPD inhibition is the mechanism of metformin action...
- 5-ALA mediated photodynamic therapy induces autophagic cell death via AMP-activated protein kinaseHong Tai Ji
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Mol Cancer 9:91. 2010..This novel observation indicates that the AMPK pathway play an important role in ALA-PDT-induced autophagy...
- Proteomic profiling of non-obese type 2 diabetic skeletal muscleEdel Mullen
Department of Biology, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland
Int J Mol Med 25:445-58. 2010..Reliable markers could be used for improving diagnostics, monitoring of disease progression and therapeutic evaluations...
- Cysteamine prevents inhibition of adenylate kinase caused by cystine in rat brain cortexVandré Casagrande Figueiredo
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, UFRGS, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2600, Porto Alegre, RS, CEP 90 035 003, Brazil
Metab Brain Dis 24:723-31. 2009....
- Evidence of a new phosphoryl transfer system in nucleotide metabolismDaniela Vannoni
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrine Metabolic Sciences and Biochemistry, University of Siena, Italy
FEBS J 276:271-85. 2009..activity which, on purification, was ascribed to a novel interaction between adenylate kinase, also known as myokinase (EC 184.108.40.206), and adenosine kinase (EC 220.127.116.11)...
- Opposite pathobiochemical fate of pyruvate kinase and adenylate kinase in aged rat skeletal muscle as revealed by proteomic DIGE analysisPhilip Doran
Department of Biology, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland
Proteomics 8:364-77. 2008....
- Anabolic effects of a non-myotoxic dose of the beta2-adrenergic receptor agonist clenbuterol on rat plantaris muscleJatin G Burniston
Muscle Physiology and Proteomics Laboratory, Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Webster Street, Liverpool L3 2ET, UK
Muscle Nerve 35:217-23. 2007..The clenbuterol-induced increase in muscle growth was concomitant with qualitative changes in the muscle's proteome that need to be considered when proposing therapeutic uses for this agent...
- A proteomic analysis of the acute effects of high-intensity exercise on skeletal muscle proteins in fasted ratsKym J Guelfi
School of Human Movement and Exercise Science, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 33:952-7. 2006..We have found that the levels of most individual skeletal muscle proteins are not immediately altered in response to a short bout of high-intensity exercise and recovery in fasted rats...
- [Comparative proteomic analysis of cerebral cortex between middle cerebral artery occlusion rats and normal controls]Xiao Feng Zhao
First Teaching Hospital, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin 300193, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 21:934-41. 2005..There were 11 spots significantly increased, 15 spots significantly decreased and Adenylate kinase isoenzyme 1 was detected only in NC group, biliverdin reductase B, small inducible cytokine A4 [Precursor] only in ..
- Dynamics of nucleotide metabolism as a supporter of life phenomenaTakafumi Noma
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Kuramoto Cho, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
J Med Invest 52:127-36. 2005..So far, six AK isozymes, AK1, AK2, AK3, AK4, AK5, and AK6, were identified...
- Proteome analysis of skeletal muscle from obese and morbidly obese womenDustin S Hittel
Research Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Diabetes 54:1283-8. 2005..b>AK1 is essential for the maintenance of cellular energy charge, and GAPDH and aldolase A are well known glycolytic ..
- Subcellular targeting of metabolic enzymes to titin in heart muscle may be mediated by DRAL/FHL-2Stephan Lange
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Honggerberg, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 115:4925-36. 2002..We propose that DRAL/FHL-2 acts as a specific adaptor protein to couple metabolic enzymes to sites of high energy consumption in the cardiac sarcomere...
- Overexpression of NeuroD in PC12 cells alters morphology and enhances expression of the adenylate kinase isozyme 1 geneT Noma
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University, School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 67:53-63. 1999..Adenylate kinase isozyme 1 (AK1) is an enzyme involved in the homeostasis of energy metabolism and appears specifically in neuronal cells during ..
- Impact of testosterone and oestradiol on region specificity of skeletal muscle-ATP, creatine phosphokinase and myokinase in male and female Wistar ratsA Ramamani
Department of Endocrinology, University of Madras, Dr ALM P G Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Taramani, Chennai, India
Acta Physiol Scand 166:91-7. 1999..the present study was to test the hypothesis that skeletal muscle ATP concentration, creatine phosphokinase and myokinase enzyme activities are stimulated by the sex steroids in both male and female rats (animals were not subjected to ..