Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adm2
Description: adrenomedullin 2
Alias: Imd, ADM2, intermedin
- Adrenomedullin 2/intermedin-like immunoreactivity in the hypothalamus and brainstem of ratsHirofumi Hashimoto
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Auton Neurosci 139:46-54. 2008Adrenomedullin 2 (AM2) (identical to intermedin)-like immunoreactivity (LI) was examined in the rat brain by immunohistochemistry after intracerebroventricular administration of colchicine (100 microg/rat) and chronic salt loading (2% ..
- Potential role of intermedin/adrenomedullin 2 in early embryonic development in ratsMadhu Chauhan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Regul Pept 170:65-71. 2011Adrenomedullin2 (ADM2), also referred to as Intermedin (IMD) is expressed in trophoblast cells in human placenta and enhances the invasion and migration of first trimester HTR-8/SV-neo cells...
- Regulation of oocyte and cumulus cell interactions by intermedin/adrenomedullin 2Chia Lin Chang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung University School of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Linkou Medical Center, Kweishan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 286:43193-203. 2011..Based on genomic screening and studies of COCs cultured in vitro, we showed that intermedin (IMD)/adrenomedullin 2 (ADM2) is a novel oocyte-derived ligand important for the regulation of cell interactions ..
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 activation is involved in intermedin1-53 attenuating myocardial oxidative stress injury induced by ischemia/reperfusionLei Zhao
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Peptides 33:329-35. 2012b>Intermedin (IMD)(1-53) is a novel member of the calcitonin gene-related peptide superfamily and has potent cardioprotective effects against myocardial injury induced by ischemia-reperfusion (I/R)...
- Upregulated expression of intermedin and its receptor in the myocardium and aorta in spontaneously hypertensive ratsQiang Zeng
Second Department of Geriatrics Cardiology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Peptides 30:391-9. 2009b>Intermedin (IMD), also called adrenomedullin 2 (ADM2), is a 47-amino acid peptide belonging to the calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) family...
- Intermedin ameliorates vascular and renal injury by inhibition of oxidative stressMakoto Hagiwara
Dept of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical Univ of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F1735-43. 2008b>Intermedin (IMD) is a newly discovered peptide related to calcitonin gene-related peptide and adrenomedullin, and has been shown to reduce blood pressure and reactive oxygen species formation in vivo...
- Adrenomedullin 2 microinjection into the nucleus tractus solitarius elevates arterial pressure and heart rate in ratsHe Cui
Department of Physiology, Wakayama Medical University School of Medicine, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama City, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Auton Neurosci 142:45-50. 2008..Our results indicate that AM2 may play an important role in the regulation of the cardiovascular system at the NTS level...
- Intermedin in paraventricular nucleus attenuates sympathetic activity and blood pressure via nitric oxide in hypertensive ratsYe Bo Zhou
Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Disease and Molecular Intervention, Department of Physiology, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Rd, Nanjing 210029, China
Hypertension 63:330-7. 2014b>Intermedin (IMD) is a member of calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide family, which shares the receptor system consisting of calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CRLR) and receptor activity-modifying proteins (RAMPs)...
- Roles of adrenomedullin 2 in regulating the cardiovascular and sympathetic nervous systems in conscious ratsYoshihide Fujisawa
Research Equipment Center, School of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H1120-7. 2006Recently, a new member of the calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) family, adrenomedullin 2 (AM2) or intermedin (IMD), was identified...
- Intermedin is a calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide family peptide acting through the calcitonin receptor-like receptor/receptor activity-modifying protein receptor complexesJaesook Roh
Division of Reproductive Biology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5317, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7264-74. 2004..Based on phylogenetic analysis, we identified intermedin as a novel member of the calcitonin/CGRP peptide family...
- Identification of novel adrenomedullin in mammals: a potent cardiovascular and renal regulatorYoshio Takei
Laboratory of Physiology, Department of Marine Bioscience, Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo, 1 15 1 Minamidai, Nakano Ku, 164 8639, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 556:53-8. 2004..These results show that at least two peptides, AM and AM2, comprise an adrenomedullin family in mammals, and that AM2 may play pivotal roles in cardiovascular and body fluid regulation...
- Cardiac sympathetic afferent reflex response to intermedin microinjection into paraventricular nucleus is mediated by nitric oxide and γ-amino butyric acid in hypertensive ratsHong Zhou
Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Disease and Molecular Intervention, Department of Physiology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China Laboratory Center for Basic Medical Sciences, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 239:1352-9. 2014b>Intermedin (IMD) is a member of calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and involves in the regulation of cardiovascular function in both peripheral tissues and central nervous system (CNS)...
- Intermedin in the paraventricular nucleus attenuates cardiac sympathetic afferent reflex in chronic heart failure ratsXian bing Gan
Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Disease and Molecular Intervention, Department of Physiology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China Department of Physiology, Anhui University of Chinese Medicine, Hefei, China
PLoS ONE 9:e94234. 2014b>Intermedin (IMD) is a member of calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) family together with adrenomedullin (AM) and amylin...
- Hypercholesterolemia Up-Regulates the Expression of Intermedin and Its Receptor Components in the Aorta of Rats via Inducing the Oxidative StressQingtao Meng
Department of Cardiology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 46:5-17. 2016Hypercholesterolemia can cause damage to the artery. Intermedin (IMD) is a novel member of the calcitonin gene-related peptide family...
- Induction of adrenomedullin 2/intermedin expression by thyroid stimulating hormone in thyroidShuji Nagasaki
Drug Discovery Department, ASKA Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Kawasaki, Japan Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan Electronic address
Mol Cell Endocrinol 395:32-40. 2014..The result of microarray analysis demonstrated markedly increased levels of adrenomedullin 2/intermedin (AM2/IMD) expression in the ID rat thyroid. AM2/IMD is a potent vasodilator...
- Adrenomedullin2 (ADM2)/intermedin (IMD) in rat ovary: changes in estrous cycle and pregnancy and its role in ovulation and steroidogenesisMadhu Chauhan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Biol Reprod 92:39. 2015Adrenomedullin2 (ADM2) is reported to facilitate embryo implantation and placental development. Therefore, the current study was undertaken to identify if ADM2 has a functional role in ovary to facilitate its reproductive actions...
- Intermedin is upregulated and attenuates renal fibrosis by inhibition of oxidative stress in rats with unilateral ureteral obstructionXi Qiao
Department of Nephrology, Second Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, Shanxi, China
Nephrology (Carlton) 20:820-31. 2015..Reactive oxygen species mediate profibrotic action of TGF-β1. Intermedin (IMD) has been shown to inhibit oxidative stress, but its role in renal fibrosis remains unclear...
- Intermedin attenuates LPS-induced inflammation in the rat testisLei Li
Research Center for Gene and Cell Engineering, Institute of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, Shenzhen Institute of Advance Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenzhen City, China
PLoS ONE 8:e65278. 2013First reported as a vasoactive peptide in the cardiovascular system, intermedin (IMD), also known as adrenomedullin 2 (ADM2), is a hormone with multiple potent roles, including its antioxidant action on the pulmonary, central nervous, ..
- Intermedin1-53 protects against cardiac hypertrophy by inhibiting endoplasmic reticulum stress via activating AMP-activated protein kinaseWei wei Lu
aLaboratory of Cardiovascular Bioactive Molecule, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University bKey Laboratory of Molecular Cardiovascular Science, Ministry of Education cDepartment of Pathogen Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
J Hypertens 33:1676-87. 2015b>Intermedin (IMD), a novel member of the calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide family, is involved in maintaining circulatory homeostasis and is a protective factor of heart and vessel...
- Intermedin in rat uterus: changes in gene expression and peptide levels across the estrous cycle and its effects on uterine contractionChi Wai Wong
Departments of Physiology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 11:13. 2013The present study demonstrates the expression of intermedin (IMD) and its receptor components in the uterus of the female rat during the estrous cycle and its effect on uterine contraction.
- Intermedin1-53 attenuates vascular smooth muscle cell calcification by inhibiting endoplasmic reticulum stress via cyclic adenosine monophosphate/protein kinase A pathwayJin Rui Chang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, School of Basic Medical Science, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 238:1136-46. 2013..In conclusion, IMD1-53 attenuated VSMC calcification by inhibiting ER stress through cAMP/PKA signalling...
- [Changes of adrenomedullin 2/intermedin in the lung of rats with chronic hypoxic pulmonary hypertension]Xiao Fang Fan
Institute of Cor Pulmonale, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325035, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 23:467-71. 2007To investigate the changes and probable roles of adrenomedullin2/intermedin (AIDM2/IMD), a novel micromolecular bioactive peptide, in the lungs of rats with chronic hypoxic pulmonary hypertension.
- [Effect of hypoxia on the expressions of intermedin/ adrenomedullin2 in plasma and the tissues of heart and lung in rats]Yong sheng Gong
Institute of Cor Pulmonale, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325035, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 25:8-11. 2009To study the effect and significances of two-week hypoxia on the expression of intermedin/adrenomedullin2 (IMD/ADM2) in plasma and the tissues of heart and lung in rats.
- Intermedin induces loss of coronary microvascular endothelial barrier via derangement of actin cytoskeleton: role of RhoA and Rac1Muhammad Aslam
Physiologisches Institut, Justus Liebig Universitat, Aulweg 129, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 92:276-86. 2011b>Intermedin (IMD) is a novel member of the calcitonin gene-related peptide family, which acts via calcitonin receptor-like receptors (CLRs), mediating activation of cAMP signalling...
- Rat intermedin1-47 does not improve functional recovery in postischemic heartsGerald Münzel
Physiologisches Institut, Justus Liebig Universitat, Aulweg 149, 35392, Giessen, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 384:535-42. 2011b>Intermedin, a novel member of the calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide family identified from vertebrate genomes, may directly affect cardiac function but current studies revealed no clear picture...
- Downregulation of endogenous intermedin augmented myocardial injury in rats with ischemia/reperfusionX Teng
The Key Laboratory of Remodeling related Cardiovascular Diseases, Capital Medical University, Ministry of Education, Beijing, China
Horm Metab Res 45:206-12. 2013b>Intermedin (IMD) plays an important regulatory role in cardiovascular function...
- Reverse myocardial effects of intermedin in pressure-overloaded hearts: role of endothelial nitric oxide synthase activityAna Luisa Pires
Department of Physiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiovascular R and D Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal
J Physiol 591:677-87. 2013b>Intermedin (IMD) is a cardiac peptide synthesized in a prepro form, which undergoes a series of proteolytic cleavages and amidations to yield the active forms of 47 (IMD(1-47)) and 40 amino acids (IMD(8-47))...
- [Changes of intermedin/adrenomedullin 2 and its receptors in the right ventricle of rats with chronic hypoxic pulmonary hypertension]Yong sheng Gong
Institute of Cor Pulmonale and Teaching Centre of Functional Experiment, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 59:210-4. 2007The purpose of the present study was to explore the expression changes of intermedin/adrenomedullin 2 (IMD/ADM2), a novel small molecular bioactive peptide, and its receptors, calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CRLR) and receptor activity ..
- Protective effects of intermedin/adrenomedullin2 on ischemia/reperfusion injury in isolated rat heartsJing Hui Yang
Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Peptides 26:501-7. 2005b>Intermedin (IMD) is a novel member of the calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide (CT/CGRP) family identified from human and other vertebrate tissues...
- Expression of adrenomedullin 2/intermedin, a possible reno-protective peptide, is decreased in the kidneys of rats with hypertension or renal failureTakuo Hirose
Dept of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Tohoku Univ Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicine, 6 3 Aramaki Aza Aoba, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F128-34. 2010Adrenomedullin 2/intermedin (AM2/IMD) is a potent vasodilator peptide with organ-protective effects and is abundantly expressed in the kidney...
- Intermedin functions as a pituitary paracrine factor regulating prolactin releaseChia Lin Chang
Stanford University School of Medicine, Division of Reproductive Biology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford, California 94305 5317, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:2824-38. 2005..We recently identified intermedin (IMD) as a novel member of the calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide family expressed in the pituitary, ..
- Intermedin/Adrenomedullin-2 inhibits growth hormone release from cultured, primary anterior pituitary cellsMeghan M Taylor
Saint Louis University, Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Missouri 63104, USA
Endocrinology 147:859-64. 2006b>Intermedin (IMD), a novel member of the adrenomedullin (AM), calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), amylin (AMY) peptide family, has been reported to act promiscuously at all the known receptors for these peptides...
- Intermedin/adrenomedullin-2 dilates the rat pulmonary vascular bed: dependence on CGRP receptors and nitric oxide releaseH Burak Kandilci
Department of Pharmacology, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Pharmacy, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Peptides 27:1390-6. 2006b>Intermedin/adrenomedullin-2 (IMD/AM2) is a 47 amino acid peptide formed by enzymatic degradation of preprointermedin...
- Intermedin1-53 activates L-arginine/nitric oxide synthase/nitric oxide pathway in rat aortasJing Hui Yang
Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:567-72. 2006b>Intermedin (IMD), a novel member of the calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) family, has similar or more potent vasodilatory and hypotensive actions than adrenomedullin (ADM) and CGRP...
- Adrenomedullin-2, a novel calcitonin/calcitonin-gene-related peptide family peptide, relaxes rat mesenteric artery: influence of pregnancyMadhu Chauhan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1062, USA
Endocrinology 148:1727-35. 2007Adrenomedullin-2 (ADM2), a novel calcitonin/calcitonin-gene-related peptide family peptide, is reported to reduce blood pressure in both normal and hypertensive rats...
- Adrenomedullin-2/intermedin induces cAMP accumulation in dissociated rat spinal cord cells: evidence for the existence of a distinct class of sites of actionAli Akbar Owji
Department of Biochemistry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Fars, Iran
J Mol Neurosci 35:355-61. 2008Adrenomedullin-2/intermedin is structurally related to the calcitonin family of peptides, which includes calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), adrenomedullin, and amylin...
- Increased expression of adrenomedullin 2/intermedin in rat hearts with congestive heart failureTakuo Hirose
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicine, 6 3 Aramaki Aza Aoba, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Eur J Heart Fail 10:840-9. 2008Adrenomedullin 2/intermedin (AM2/IMD) is a novel member of the calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide family...
- Mechanisms involved in the regional haemodynamic effects of intermedin (adrenomedullin 2) compared with adrenomedullin in conscious ratsL Jolly
Centre for Integrated Systems Biology and Medicine, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Br J Pharmacol 157:1502-13. 2009b>Intermedin (IMD) is a newly identified member of the calcitonin family of peptides that shares structural and functional homology with adrenomedullin (AM)...
- Intermedin inhibits vascular calcification by increasing the level of matrix gamma-carboxyglutamic acid proteinYan Cai
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
Cardiovasc Res 85:864-73. 2010..Here, we investigated the expression of the novel peptide intermedin (IMD) in the vasculature, tested its ability to prevent VC in vivo and in vitro, and examined the mechanism ..
- [Intermedin (IMD) gene expression in hypertrophic cardiac myocyte of renal vascular hypertension rats and the intervention of Valsartan, Amlodipine and Enalapril in the expression]Jing Dong
Department of Cardiology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 26:1082-7. 2009This experiment on rats was aimed to investigate the expression of intermedin (IMD) in hypertrophic cardiac myoctye of renal vascular hypertension induced by incomplete ligation of the left renal artery, and so to detect and compare the ..
- Effect of intermedin1-53 on angiotensin II-induced hypertrophy in neonatal rat ventricular myocytesJing Hui Yang
Institute of Brain Science, Shanxi Datong University School of Medical Science, Datong, Shanxi, PR China
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 56:45-52. 2010b>Intermedin (IMD) is coexpressed in the heart with its receptor, which suggests that it may have localized actions as a modulator of cardiac function...