Genomes and Genes
tumor necrosis factor
Gene Symbol: tumor necrosis factor
Description: tumor necrosis factor
Alias: TNFa, tumor necrosis factor, TNF-a, TNF-alpha, cachectin, tumor necrosis factor (TNF superfamily, member 2), tumor necrosis factor alpha, tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2
- Effects of the -791(C→T) mutation in the promoter for tumor necrosis factor alpha on gene expression and resistance of Large White pigs to enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli F18Ying Liu
Department of College of Animal Science and Technology, Key Laboratory for Animal Genetics, Breeding, Reproduction and Molecular Design of Jiangsu Province, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China liu, DAI, SUN, Wu, Bao Department of College of Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China Zhu
Can J Vet Res 80:203-8. 2016b>Tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) plays an important role in the immune system...
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus non-structural protein 1 suppresses tumor necrosis factor-alpha promoter activation by inhibiting NF-κB and Sp1Sakthivel Subramaniam
School of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Nebraska Lincoln, NE 68583, USA
Virology 406:270-9. 2010..These findings reveal one of the important mechanisms underlying the innate immune evasion by PRRSV during infection...
- Mechanisms underlying Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae exotoxin ApxI induced expression of IL-1β, IL-8 and TNF-α in porcine alveolar macrophagesZeng Weng Chen
Graduate Institute of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, National Chung Hsing University, 250, Kuo Kuang Road, Taichung, 402, Taiwan, ROC
Vet Res 42:25. 2011..Collectively, this study demonstrated ApxI induces gene expression of IL-1β, IL-8 and TNF-α in PAMs that involves β2 integrins and downstream MAPKs...
- The use of moderate hypothermia during cardiac surgery is associated with repression of tumour necrosis factor-alpha via inhibition of activating protein-1: an experimental studyMa Qing
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Crit Care 10:R57. 2006....
- IL-4 and IL-13 induce protection of porcine endothelial cells from killing by human complement and from apoptosis through activation of a phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathwayJohn F Grehan
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 175:1903-10. 2005..We conclude that IL-4 and IL-13 can induce protection of porcine EC against killing by apoptosis and human complement through activation of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway...
- Combined treatment of hydroxytyrosol with carbon monoxide-releasing molecule-2 prevents TNF α-induced vascular endothelial cell dysfunction through NO production with subsequent NFκB inactivationHouda Zrelli
Faculty of Life and Environment Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Biomed Res Int 2013:912431. 2013..Together, these data suggest that carbon monoxide-dependent regulation of NO production by the combination of HT with CORM-2 may provide a therapeutic benefit in the treatment of endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis...
- MiRNA-181a regulates adipogenesis by targeting tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) in the porcine modelHongyi Li
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Agro animal Genomics and Molecular Breeding, ALLTECH SCAU Animal Nutrition Control Research Alliance, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, China Fujian Provincial Key Laboratory of Preventive Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology, College of Life Science, Longyan University, Fujian, China
PLoS ONE 8:e71568. 2013..Our study provides the first evidence of the role of miR-181a in adipocyte differentiation by regulation of TNF-α, which may became a new therapeutic target for anti-obesity drugs...
- The effect of interleukin-1β, interleukin-6, and tumor necrosis factor-α on estradiol-17β release in the myometrium: the in vitro study on the pig modelA Franczak
Department of Animal Physiology, Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Olsztyn, Poland Electronic address
Theriogenology 81:266-74. 2014..In this in vitro study, it was investigated whether interleukin (IL)-1β, IL-6, and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α affect the release of E2 from the porcine myometrium on Days 10 to 11, 12 to 13, and 15 to 16 of ..
- Both Nsp1β and Nsp11 are responsible for differential TNF-α production induced by porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus strains with different pathogenicity in vitroQing He
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemiology and Zoonosis of Ministry of Agriculture, College of Veterinary Medicine and State Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, People s Republic of China
Virus Res 201:32-40. 2015..These findings contribute to the understanding of the pathogenesis of the Chinese HP-PRRSV. ..
- Effects of high tidal volume mechanical ventilation on production of cytokines, iNOS, and MIP-1β proteins in pigsVaclav Vobruba
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Exp Lung Res 39:1-8. 2013..Production of TNF-α increased significantly in group III during the second and third hour (P = .01). Concentration of MIP-1β was significantly increased in groups II and III after the first hour (P = .012 and P = .008, respectively)...
- Peripheral tumor necrosis factor α regulation of adipose tissue metabolism and adipokine gene expression in neonatal pigsT G Ramsay
Animal Biosciences and Biotechnology Laboratory, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, USDA ARS, BARC East, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Vet Res Commun 37:1-10. 2013The neonatal pig is susceptible to stress and infection, conditions which favor tumor necrosis factor α (TNFα) secretion...
- High-volume hemofiltration reduces the expression of myocardial tumor necrosis factor-alpha in septic shock pigsChunmei Li
Kidney Disease Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Artif Organs 37:196-202. 2013Increasing evidence indicates that the expression of tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) in myocardium correlates with the severity of cardiac dysfunction in septic shock...
- CRF induces intestinal epithelial barrier injury via the release of mast cell proteases and TNF-αElizabeth L Overman
College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39935. 2012..Utilizing a porcine ex vivo intestinal model, the aim of this study was to investigate the mechanisms by which CRF mediates intestinal epithelial barrier disturbances...
- Amino acid residues in the non-structural protein 1 of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus involved in down-regulation of TNF-α expression in vitro and attenuation in vivoSakthivel Subramaniam
School of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and Nebraska Center for Virology, University of Nebraska Lincoln, NE 68583, USA
Virology 432:241-9. 2012Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) suppresses tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) production at both transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels by its non-structural proteins 1α and 1β (Nsp1α and Nsp1β)...
- Highly pathogenic porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus impairs LPS- and poly(I:C)-stimulated tumor necrosis factor-alpha release by inhibiting ERK signaling pathwayJun Hou
State Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Virus Res 167:106-11. 2012..Here, the ability of the highly pathogenic strains (HV and JX) to induce tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) was studied...
- Signaling molecules for early detection of adverse interactions during mechanical ventilation in animal modelsJ Kobr
Department of Pediatrics, PICU, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Medicine and Faculty Hospital in Pilsen, Czech Republic
In Vivo 25:209-17. 2011..The early identification of adverse interactions during mechanical ventilation, investigated by multiplexed immunoanalysis...
- Trans-10, cis-12-conjugated linoleic acid modulates NF-κB activation and TNF-α production in porcine peripheral blood mononuclear cells via a PPARγ-dependent pathwayDong In Kim
Laboratory of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Republic of Korea
Br J Nutr 105:1329-36. 2011..These results suggest that t10c12-CLA can modulate TNF-α production and NF-κB activation by a PPARγ-dependent pathway in porcine PBMC...
- Tumor necrosis factor and its receptors in the neuroretina and retinal vasculature after ischemia-reperfusion injury in the pig retinaBodil Gesslein
Department of Ophthalmology, Lund University, Sweden
Mol Vis 16:2317-27. 2010..The aim of the present study was to examine the role of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)α and its receptors (TNF-R1 and TNF-R2), especially considering the neuroretina and the retinal ..
- Cardiac function and the proinflammatory cytokine response after recovery from cardiac arrest in swineJames T Niemann
The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 29:749-58. 2009..After 7 min of VF, resuscitation was performed as per guidelines. Plasma levels of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha, interleukin (IL)-1beta, and IL-6 were measured 15 min after the start of resuscitation in all ..
- Bidirectional role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in coronary microembolization: progressive contractile dysfunction versus delayed protection against infarctionAndreas Skyschally
Institute of Pathophysiology, Center of Internal Medicine, University of Essen Medical School, Germany
Circ Res 100:140-6. 2007..ME-induced microinfarcts initiate an inflammatory reaction with increased tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) expression, resulting in progressive contractile dysfunction...
- Mapping and genetic organization of the TNF genes in the swine MhcP Chardon
INRA LRA, Jouy en Josas, France
Immunogenetics 34:257-60. 1991
- The porcine tumor necrosis factor-encoding genes: sequence and comparative analysisP Kuhnert
Institute of Veterinary Virology, University of Berne, Switzerland
Gene 102:171-8. 1991We have cloned and sequenced a 10.22-kb fragment of the genomic locus of the porcine tumor necrosis factor-encoding genes, TNF-alpha and TNF-beta...
- Gene sequence of porcine tumor necrosis factor alphaR T Drews
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia 30602
Nucleic Acids Res 18:5564. 1990
- Porcine tumor necrosis factor alpha: cloning with the polymerase chain reaction and determination of the nucleotide sequenceU Pauli
Institute for Veterinary Virology, University of Berne, Switzerland
Gene 81:185-91. 1989We have cloned the gene for the porcine tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) utilizing the polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- Sequence of the swine major histocompatibility complex region containing all non-classical class I genesP Chardon
Laboratoire de Radiobiologie et Etude du Génome, INRA CEA, Jouy en Josas, France
Tissue Antigens 57:55-65. 2001..The centromeric part of the segment contained six class III genes including the three tumor necrosis factor genes, while the telomeric part contained three genes belonging to the class I region...
- Differential gene expression in endometrium, endometrial lymphocytes, and trophoblasts during successful and abortive embryo implantationChandrakant Tayade
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 176:148-56. 2006....
- Stent implantation in coronary porcine arteries is associated with early activation of TNFalpha and TNFalpha receptor II expressionSofiane Hadjadj
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Atherosclerosis 192:25-32. 2007Inflammation present in restenosis after angioplasty is associated with production of cytokines such as tumor necrosis factor (TNFalpha)...
- Expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and cyclooxygenase-2 mRNA in porcine split-thickness wounds treated with epidermal growth factor by quantitative real-time PCRKwonil Jung
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daewoong Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, 501 2, Samgye Ri, Pogok Myun, Kyounggi Do 449 814, Republic of Korea
Res Vet Sci 82:344-8. 2007..The effect of EGF on pro-inflammatory cytokines, tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), levels during wound healing has not been reported...
- An adequately robust early TNF-alpha response is a hallmark of survival following trauma/hemorrhageRajaie Namas
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e8406. 2009..Trauma/hemorrhagic shock (T/HS) results in cytokine-mediated acute inflammation that is generally considered detrimental...
- Morphometric analysis of proinflammatory cytokines in mammary glands of sows suggests an association between clinical mastitis and local production of IL-1beta, IL-6 and TNF-alphaYaohong Zhu
Division of Reproduction, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, 75007, Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Res 38:871-82. 2007..The analyses of interleukin-1 beta (IL-1beta), IL-6, IL-8, and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) by immunohistochemistry revealed that the production of these proinflammatory cytokines ..
- GEF-H1 mediates tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced Rho activation and myosin phosphorylation: role in the regulation of tubular paracellular permeabilityEli Kakiashvili
Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital and Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Ontario M5B 1W8, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:11454-66. 2009b>Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), an inflammatory cytokine, has been shown to activate the small GTPase Rho, but the underlying signaling mechanisms remained undefined...
- Effects of tumor necrosis factor-alpha on porcine oocyte meiosis progression, spindle organization, and chromosome alignmentCai Hong Ma
Center of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100083, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 93:920-6. 2010To evaluate the effects of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) on porcine oocyte maturation, spindle dynamics, and chromosome alignment.
- L-cysteine supplementation attenuates local inflammation and restores gut homeostasis in a porcine model of colitisC J Kim
Department of Food Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1
Biochim Biophys Acta 1790:1161-9. 2009..L-cysteine was examined for its ability to reduce colitis symptoms and modulate local gene expression in a DSS-induced porcine model of colitis...
- Beta-catenin protein utilized by Tumour necrosis factor-alpha in porcine preadipocytes to suppress differentiationXiao Luo
Laboratory of Animal Fat Deposition and Muscle Development, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, 22 Xinong Road, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, P R China
BMB Rep 42:338-43. 2009..Taken together, this study indicated that TNF-alpha inhibits adipogenesis through stabilization of beta-catenin protein in porcine preadipocytes...
- Pro-inflammatory, pleiotropic, and anti-inflammatory TNF-alpha, IL-6, and IL-10 in experimental porcine intervertebral disk degenerationS Holm
Department of Orthopaedics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Vet Pathol 46:1292-300. 2009The aim of this study was to check the balance between tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), interleukin-6 (IL-6), and interleukin-10 (IL-10) in well-developed end-stage disk disease in the disk itself as well as in paradiskal spine...
- Assignment of the porcine tumour necrosis factor alpha and beta genes to the chromosome region 7p11-q11 by in situ hybridizationS Solinas
Institut für Nutztierwissenschaften, Gruppe Züchtungsbiologie, Zurich, Switzerland
Anim Genet 23:267-71. 1992The loci of the porcine tumour necrosis factor genes, alpha (TNFA) and beta (TNFB), have been chromosomally assigned by radioactive in situ hybridization...
- Ischemic Arrest, Cytokines, and Organ DysfunctionJames Niemann; Fiscal Year: 2008..Preliminary studies have also demonstrated a dramatic increase in tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF) following resuscitation and reperfusion that is inversely related to the degree of cardiac ..