Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PTGIS
Description: prostaglandin I2 synthase
Alias: CYP8A1, prostacyclin synthase, cytochrome P450 8A1, prostaglandin I2 (prostacyclin) synthase
- Ovarian stimulation with human chorionic gonadotropin and equine chorionic gonadotropin affects prostacyclin and its receptor expression in the porcine oviductI Małysz-Cymborska
Department of Hormonal Action Mechanisms, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Domest Anim Endocrinol 53:17-25. 2015..Therefore, disturbances in PGI2/IP expression and synthesis may lead to disruption of the oviductal environment and, in turn, perturbed development of embryos and their transport to the uterus. ..
- Protein complex formation with heat shock protein 90 in chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension in newborn pigletsCandice D Fike
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and Monroe Carell Jr Children s Hospital, Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN 37232 0656, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H1190-204. 2010..caused by exposure to 3 or 10 days of hypoxia and 2) Hsp90 interacts with the prostanoid pathway proteins prostacyclin synthase (PGIS) and/or thromboxane synthase (TXAS)...
- Regulation of prostacyclin synthase expression and prostacyclin content in the pig endometriumE Morawska
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Theriogenology 78:2071-86. 2012..Porcine conceptuses are important regulators of endometrial PGIS expression and PGI(2) release during the implantation period...
- C-reactive protein impairs coronary arteriolar dilation to prostacyclin synthase activation: role of peroxynitriteTravis W Hein
Scott and White Memorial Hospital, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center, 702 Southwest H K Dodgen Loop, Temple, TX 76504, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 47:196-202. 2009..By impairing PGI(2)-S function, and thus PGI(2) release, CRP could promote endothelial dysfunction and participate in the development of coronary artery disease...
- Prostanoids and hypoxic neonatal pulmonary hypertensionCANDICE FIKE; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal of this project is to help us understand why infants develop pulmonary hypertension, determine what happens in the lung blood vessels during disease development, and develop treatments for this disease. ..