Gene Symbol: IGF2
Description: insulin like growth factor 2
Alias: IGF-II, insulin-like growth factor II, insulin-like growth factor 2 (somatomedin A), preptin
- Nucleotide sequence of a porcine insulin-like growth factor II cDNAI R Catchpole
Karolinska Institute, Centre for Biotechnology, Huddinge, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 18:6430. 1990
- Known mutation (A3072G) in intron 3 of the IGF2 gene is associated with growth and carcass composition in Polish pig breedsM Oczkowicz
National Research Institute of Animal Production, Department of Animal Genetics and Breeding, Poland
J Appl Genet 50:257-9. 2009b>IGF2 is one of the genes that control muscle development. Moreover, IGF2 is imprinted, as only the paternal allele is expressed in the offspring. Using real-time PCR for IGF2 genotyping (Carrodegous et al...
- Genetic imprinting of H19 and IGF2 in domestic pigs (Sus scrofa)Chao Li
College of Animal Science, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Anim Biotechnol 19:22-7. 2008The genes insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) and H19 express paternally and maternally, respectively, in humans, mice, sheep, and cattle...
- [Genetic polymorphisms and genetic effects of IGF2 gene in pigs]Hui Liang Xue
College of Life Science, Qufu Normal University, Qufu, Shandong 273165, China
Yi Chuan 30:179-84. 2008Single nucleotide polymorphisms of the exon7, 8, 9 of the porcine IGF2 gene were tested using PCR-SSCP. Genetic effects of the IGF2 gene on birth weight, weaning weight, six-month weight and six-month backfat thickness were analyzed...
- Selection in the making: a worldwide survey of haplotypic diversity around a causative mutation in porcine IGF2A Ojeda
Institut Català de Recerca i Estudis Avançats, 08010 Barcelona, Spain
Genetics 178:1639-52. 2008..We present a worldwide survey of haplotype variability around a known causative mutation in porcine gene IGF2, which increases lean content. We genotyped 34 SNPs spanning 27 kb in 237 domestic pigs and 162 wild boars...
- Comparative sequence analysis of the INS-IGF2-H19 gene cluster in pigsValerie Amarger
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Box 597, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Mamm Genome 13:388-98. 2002b>IGF2 is the major candidate gene for a paternally expressed Quantitative Trait Locus (QTL) in the pig primarily affecting muscle development...
- A regulatory mutation in IGF2 causes a major QTL effect on muscle growth in the pigAnne Sophie Van Laere
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 597, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Nature 425:832-6. 2003..A paternally expressed QTL affecting muscle growth, fat deposition and size of the heart in pigs maps to the IGF2 (insulin-like growth factor 2) region...
- The IGF2-intron3-G3072A substitution explains a major imprinted QTL effect on backfat thickness in a Meishan x European white pig intercrossBart J Jungerius
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Wageningen University, P O Box 40, 6700 AH Wageningen, The Netherlands
Genet Res 84:95-101. 2004A paternally expressed QTL for muscle growth and backfat thickness (BFT) has previously been identified near the IGF2 locus on the distal tip of pig chromosome 2 (SSC2p) in three experimental F2 populations...
- Effects of the porcine IGF2 intron 3-G3072A mutation on carcass cutability, meat quality, and bacon processingD L Clark
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
J Anim Sci 92:5778-88. 2014A SNP in a regulatory region of intron 3 within the porcine IGF2 gene (IGF2-G3072A) is associated with increased lean deposition and decreased fat deposition in pigs with paternal A alleles (APat) compared with pigs with paternal G ..
- Interactions between genes involved in growth and muscularity in pigs: IGF-2, myostatin, ryanodine receptor 1, and melanocortin-4 receptorA Stinckens
Departement of Biosystems, KULeuven, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Domest Anim Endocrinol 37:227-35. 2009..In both skeletal muscle and heart muscle growth, the IGF-2:MSTN ratio seems to play an important role. Also, the RYR1 genotype had a significant effect on IGF-2 expression in m. longissimus dorsi. No effect of the MC4R QTN could be seen...
- Relationship of porcine IGF2 imprinting status to DNA methylation at the H19 DMD and the IGF2 DMRs 1 and 2Martin H Braunschweig
Institute of Genetics, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, 3001 Berne, Switzerland
BMC Genet 12:47. 2011Porcine IGF2 and the H19 genes are imprinted. The IGF2 is paternally expressed, while the H19 gene is maternally expressed...
- Lack of the associations of the polymorphisms in IGF2, MC4R and GNAS genes with reproduction traits in pigs and imprinting analysis of IGF2 gene in ovary and cornus uteriM Oczkowicz
Laboratory of Genomics, National Research Institute of Animal Production, Cracow, Poland
Reprod Domest Anim 48:562-8. 2013..In our study, we investigated associations between polymorphisms in IGF2, GNAS and MC4R genes with reproductive traits of Polish Landrace and Large White pigs...
- Analysis of imprinted IGF2/H19 gene methylation and expression in normal fertilized and parthenogenetic embryonic stem cells of pigsKyung Jun Uh
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology Major, and Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea Sooam Biotech Research Foundation, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Anim Reprod Sci 147:47-55. 2014..during the process of embryonic stem (ES) cell derivation from pig blastocysts, mRNA and DNA methylation at the IGF2/H19 imprinting control region in putative ES cells derived from in vitro fertilized (IVF) and parthenogenetic (PG) ..
- Variation in the IGF2 gene promoter region is associated with intramuscular fat content in porcine skeletal muscleOzlem Aslan
Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15, Ireland
Mol Biol Rep 39:4101-10. 2012..A QTN located in the insulin-like growth factor 2 gene (IGF2) has been associated with a desirable reduction in BF depth in pigs...
- The effects of two alleles of IGF2 on fat content in pig carcasses and porkCarmen Burgos
Departamento de Producción Animal y Ciencia de los Alimentos, Universidad de Zaragoza, Miguel Servet 177, 50013 Zaragoza, Spain
Meat Sci 90:309-13. 2012The different fat infiltration capabilities of two alleles of IGF2 (G3072A) have been investigated in pigs of a Landrace-Large White×Duroc cross...
- Expression of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) family members in porcine pregnancyGermaine Miese-Looy
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Reprod Dev 58:51-60. 2012..Our results suggest that IGF-I and II and their receptors are differentially expressed at the maternal and fetal components of the attachment site...
- Expression of the insulin-like growth factor system in skeletal muscle during embryonic and postnatal development in the first filial generation pigs from Erhualian and Yorkshire reciprocal crossesLijuan Wang
Department of Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Gen Comp Endocrinol 173:56-62. 2011..Our results may provide a valuable resource for the molecular breeding of pigs...
- IGF expression patterns and regulation in growth plate chondrocytesWerner Schlegel
Medical University of Vienna, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Mol Cell Endocrinol 327:65-71. 2010..The abundant expression of IGF-II in porcine growth plate tissue, both on the mRNA and on the protein level, suggests that IGF-II also has a role in growth regulation at the early postnatal stage...
- Non-additive effects of RBP4, ESR1 and IGF2 polymorphisms on litter size at different parities in a Chinese-European porcine lineMaria Munoz
Departamento de Mejora Genética Animal, INIA, Ctra de La Coruña Km 7 5, Madrid, Spain
Genet Sel Evol 42:23. 2010The aim of this work was to study the effects on litter size of variants of the porcine genes RBP4, ESR1 and IGF2, currently used in genetic tests for different purposes...
- Methylation status of differentially methylated regions at Igf2/H19 locus in porcine gametes and preimplantation embryosChi Hun Park
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University San 56 1 Shillim dong Gwanak gu, Seoul 151 921, Korea
Genomics 93:179-86. 2009..For the methylation analysis, the primers for the three Igf2/H19 DMRs were designed and based upon previously published sequences...
- Characterization of conserved and nonconserved imprinted genes in swineSteve R Bischoff
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Center for Comparative Medicine and Translational Research, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
Biol Reprod 81:906-20. 2009..as differentially expressed in at least one of the four tissue types: AMPD3, CDKN1C, COPG2, DHCR7, DIRAS3, IGF2 (isoform specific), IGF2AS, IGF2R, MEG3, MEST, NAP1L5, NDN, NNAT, OSBPL1A, PEG3, APEG3, PEG10, PLAGL1, PON2, ..
- Decreased expression of the IGF-II gene during porcine adipose cell differentiationDelphine Gardan
INRA, UMR 1079, F 35000 Rennes, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 292:63-8. 2008..Cell differentiation was also associated with an increase in the expression of IGF-I, insulin and IGF receptor genes. The current findings suggest that IGF-I and IGF-II have different effects on porcine adipose cell development...
- [Developmental expression changes of IGF2 and IGFBP3 genes in adipose tissue of two pig breeds]Yu Jiao Guo
College of Animal Science and Technology, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an 625014, China
Yi Chuan 30:602-6. 2008To investigate the developmental expression patterns of Insulin-like Growth Factor 2 (IGF2) and Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding protein 3 (IGFBP3) genes at the age of 30, 60, 90, 120 and 150 days in back subcutaneous fat tissue of ..
- [Single nucleotide polymorphism analysis on the 5' regulatory region of IGF2 gene in Wuzhishan pig]Huai Pu Chang
College of Life Science and Technology, Southwest University for Nationalities, Chengdu, China
Yi Chuan 29:57-64. 2007Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in partial 5' regulatory region of the insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) gene were studied by DNA sequencing in 60 pigs from the Wuzhishan, Diannan small-ear, Xiang, Meishan and Large White pig ..
- New SNPs in the IGF2 gene and association between this gene and backfat thickness and lean meat content in Large White pigsZ Vykoukalová
Department of Morphology, Physiology and Genetics of Animals, Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
J Anim Breed Genet 123:204-7. 2006b>IGF2-in3-G3072A is a causative mutation for paternally expressed quantitative trait loci on the p arm of porcine chromosome 2 with substantial effect on muscle growth and backfat thickness...
- Differences in proteolytic enzyme activities during growth of the pig with different IGF-II genotypesKarijn Van den Maagdenberg
Department of Animal Production, Ghent University, Proefhoevestraat 10, B 9090 Melle, Belgium
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 69:297-300. 2004
- Haplotype sharing refines the location of an imprinted quantitative trait locus with major effect on muscle mass to a 250-kb chromosome segment containing the porcine IGF2 geneCarine Nezer
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Genetics 165:277-85. 2003..shared by all "Q" chromosomes, we map the QTL to an approximately 250-kb chromosome segment containing INS and IGF2 as the only known paternally expressed genes...
- Purification, amino acid sequences and assay cross-reactivities of porcine insulin-like growth factor-I and -IIG L Francis
CSIRO Division of Human Nutrition, Adelaide, South Australia
J Endocrinol 122:681-7. 1989..05%. Porcine IGF-I exhibited a higher cross-reactivity, presumably due to very slight contamination with IGF-II...