Gene Symbol: IFNB1
Description: interferon beta 1
Alias: IFN-beta, IFNb, interferon beta, interferon-beta
- swIFN-β promotes genetic mutation of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in Marc-145Dongsheng He
College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, Guangdong, Guangzhou 510642, China
Vet Microbiol 166:174-8. 2013..The immuno-pressure of swIFN-β accelerated genetic variation on PRRSV ORF5, NSP2 and ORF3, but not on the ORF6 gene. PRRSV NSP2 and ORF5 genes may play a key role in escaping from inhibition of swIFN-β...
- Functional characterization of porcine LSm14A in IFN-β inductionGuilan Wen
Zhejiang University Institute of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Zhejiang Province Key Laboratory of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 155:110-6. 2013..Since pLSm14A is constitutively expressed in virtually all tissues, more research is needed to explore its role in initial phase of viral infections of pigs and its relationship with RIG-I in sensing PAMPs for type I IFN induction...
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus nonstructural protein 4 antagonizes beta interferon expression by targeting the NF-κB essential modulatorChen Huang
State Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China Ministry of Agriculture Key Laboratory of Soil Microbiology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
J Virol 88:10934-45. 2014..These findings might have implications for our understanding of PRRSV pathogenesis and its mechanisms for evading the host immune response...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of porcine DEAD (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp) box polypeptide 41 (DDX41)Xinyu Zhu
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Dev Comp Immunol 47:191-6. 2014..Therefore, poDDX41 is involved in the dsDNA- and dsDNA-virus-mediated type I IFN signaling pathway in porcine kidney cells...
- Porcine interferon-induced protein with tetratricopeptide repeats 3, poIFIT3, inhibits swine influenza virus replication and potentiates IFN-β productionYongtao Li
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China
Dev Comp Immunol 50:49-57. 2015..poIFIT3 potentiates IFN-β production by targeting MAVS, which was further verified by co-immunoprecipitation. This study suggests that poIFIT3 plays a significant role in the clearance of SIV in pigs and potentiates IFN-β production. ..
- Suppression of type I interferon production by porcine epidemic diarrhea virus and degradation of CREB-binding protein by nsp1Qingzhan Zhang
Department of Pathobiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana 61802, IL, USA
Virology 489:252-68. 2016..A further study showed that the CBP degradation by nsp1 was proteasome-dependent. Our data demonstrate that PEDV modulates the host innate immune responses by degrading CBP and suppressing ISGs expression...
- Highly Pathogenic Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus Modulates Interferon-β Expression Mainly Through Attenuating Interferon-Regulatory Factor 3 PhosphorylationYuwei Ren
1 Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agriculture University, Wuhan, China
DNA Cell Biol 35:489-97. 2016....
- The activation of the IFNβ induction/signaling pathway in porcine alveolar macrophages by porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus is variableChristopher C Overend
Department of Pathobiology and Veterinary Science, University of Connecticut, 61 North Eagleville Rd, Storrs, CT, 06269, USA
Vet Res Commun . 2016..This causes profound negative effects on both the innate and adaptive immunity of the host resulting in persistence of infection...
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus activates the transcription of interferon alpha/beta (IFN-α/β) in monocyte-derived dendritic cells (Mo-DC)Hanmo Zhang
Department of Biology and Microbiology, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD 57007, USA
Vet Microbiol 159:494-8. 2012..We conclude that PRRSV inhibits the induction of IFN-α in Mo-DC by as yet undefined post-transcriptional mechanisms...
- Molecular cloning of a gene encoding porcine interferon-betaK Artursson
Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
J Interferon Res 12:153-60. 1992..The latter approach in addition detected only about one IFN-beta mRNA-containing cell per 2,000 PRV-stimulated porcine leukocytes, a frequency in the same range as that for leukocytes containing IFN-alpha mRNA...
- Inhibition of L-deleted foot-and-mouth disease virus replication by alpha/beta interferon involves double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinaseJ Chinsangaram
Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Greenport, New York 11944, USA
J Virol 75:5498-503. 2001..In addition, results of FMDV infection in mouse embryonic fibroblast cells derived from gene knockout mice lacking the gene for RNase L(-/-) or PKR(-/-) or both indicated an important role for PKR in the inhibition of FMDV replication...
- Comparative porcine gene mapping relative to human chromosomes 9, 10, 20 and 22J H Lee
Centre for Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Anim Genet 32:313-5. 2001....
- [Secreted expression of porcine interferon beta in Pichia pastoris and its inhibition effect on the replication of Pseudorabies virus]Rui bing Cao
Key Laboratory of Animal Disease Diagnostic and Immunology, Ministry of Agriculture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:412-7. 2006In order to develop recombinant porcine interferon beta with high bioactivity, the rare codes that encoded 3th, 7th and 164th amino acids of porcine interferon beta mature protein were mutant into bias codes of Pichia pastoris and then ..