Gene Symbol: Rv3583c
Description: RNA polymerase-binding transcription factor CarD
Species: Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv
- Structure of the Mtb CarD/RNAP β-lobes complex reveals the molecular basis of interaction and presents a distinct DNA-binding domain for Mtb CarDGulcin Gulten
Department of Chemistry, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Structure 21:1859-69. 2013..Interestingly, the structure of the C-terminal domain, which is required for complete CarD function in vivo, represents a distinct DNA-binding fold...
- Crystal structure of Mycobacterium tuberculosis CarD, an essential RNA polymerase binding protein, reveals a quasidomain-swapped dimeric structural architectureGundeep Kaur
Structural Biology Laboratory, G N Ramachandran Protein Centre, CSIR Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, 160036, India
Proteins 82:879-84. 2014..The structure reveals dimeric state of CarD resulting from β-strand swapping between the N-terminal domains of each individual subunits. The structure provides crucial insights into the possible mode(s) of CarD/RNAP interactions...
- Study of carD gene sequence in clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosisHossein Sarmadian
Arak University of Medical Sciences Tuberculosis and Pediatric Infectious Research Center Arak Iran
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 61:1-10. 2014..In the other hand, a PCR detection method based on detection of carD gene was recommended for rapid detection in routine test. ..
- CarD: a new RNA polymerase modulator in mycobacteriaChristina L Stallings
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University, St Louis, MO, USA
Transcription 2:15-8. 2011..This article will review our present state of knowledge regarding CarD and compare the known functions of CarD with other RNAP binding proteins in E. coli, emphasizing how this information can guide future investigations...
- CarD is an essential regulator of rRNA transcription required for Mycobacterium tuberculosis persistenceChristina L Stallings
Immunology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cell 138:146-59. 2009..These findings highlight a distinct molecular mechanism for regulating rRNA transcription in mycobacteria that is critical for M. tuberculosis pathogenesis...
- CarD tricks and magic spots: mechanisms of stringent control in mycobacteriaLynn E Connolly
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Program in Microbial Pathogenesis and Host Defense, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell Host Microbe 6:1-2. 2009..coli. Now Stallings et al. report that Mycobacterium tuberculosis employs a different strategy involving the general transcription factor CarD for growth control and persistence in response to stresses encountered during infection...