Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt3a
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 3A
Alias: Wnt-3a, protein Wnt-3a, vestigial tail, wingless-related MMTV integration site 3A
Publications166 found, 100 shown here
- The midbrain-hindbrain phenotype of Wnt-1-/Wnt-1- mice results from stepwise deletion of engrailed-expressing cells by 9.5 days postcoitumA P McMahon
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Cell 69:581-95. 1992..We suggest that functional redundancy between these two genes accounts for the lack of a caudal central nervous system phenotype...
- A role for Wnt signalling in self-renewal of haematopoietic stem cellsTannishtha Reya
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nature 423:409-14. 2003..We conclude that the Wnt signalling pathway is critical for normal HSC homeostasis in vitro and in vivo, and provide insight into a potential molecular hierarchy of regulation of HSC development...
- Fas-associated factor 1 antagonizes Wnt signaling by promoting β-catenin degradationLong Zhang
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Biol Cell 22:1617-24. 2011..These results identify FAF1 as a novel inhibitory factor of canonical Wnt signaling pathway...
- The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epitheliumJoel Weidenfeld
Department of Medicine, Molecular Cardiology Research Center, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21061-70. 2002..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2...
- Wnt signaling plays an essential role in neuronal specification of the dorsal spinal cordYuko Muroyama
Kondoh Differentiation Signaling Project, Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation JST, Kinki Invention Center, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8305, Japan
Genes Dev 16:548-53. 2002..Here, we demonstrate that absence of Wnt1 and Wnt3a, normally expressed in the roof plate, leads to diminished development of D1 and D2 neurons and a compensatory ..
- Wnt-5a inhibits the canonical Wnt pathway by promoting GSK-3-independent beta-catenin degradationLilia Topol
Genetic Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 162:899-908. 2003..Furthermore, we provide evidence that Wnt-5a also acts in vivo to promote beta-catenin degradation in regulating mammalian limb development and possibly in suppressing tumor formation...
- Wnt-dependent assembly of supermolecular Dishevelled-3-based complexesNoriko Yokoyama
Department of Pharmacology, Health Sciences Center, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
J Cell Sci 123:3693-702. 2010..4 to 2.0 MDa. Addition of Wnt3a stimulates the formation of Dvl3-based complexes of greater molecular mass within 30 minutes...
- Casein kinase 1 delta functions at the centrosome to mediate Wnt-3a-dependent neurite outgrowthYoshimi Endo Greer
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 192:993-1004. 2011..These results provide strong evidence that the centrosomal localization of CK1δ is required for Wnt-3a-dependent neuritogenesis...
- The hem of the embryonic cerebral cortex is defined by the expression of multiple Wnt genes and is compromised in Gli3-deficient miceE A Grove
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Development 125:2315-25. 1998..By contrast, three others, Wnt3a, 5a and a novel mouse Wnt gene, Wnt2b, are expressed only at the medial edge of the telencephalon, defining the ..
- The retinoic acid-metabolizing enzyme, CYP26A1, is essential for normal hindbrain patterning, vertebral identity, and development of posterior structuresS Abu-Abed
Cancer Research Labs, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6, Canada
Genes Dev 15:226-40. 2001....
- Mouse cristin/R-spondin family proteins are novel ligands for the Frizzled 8 and LRP6 receptors and activate beta-catenin-dependent gene expressionJu Suk Nam
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 281:13247-57. 2006..Our findings expand the repertoire of ligands that induce beta-catenin/TCF-dependent gene activation and implicate the presence of active beta-catenin-dependent gene activation in a Wnt-free biological context...
- Down-regulation of chondroitin 4-O-sulfotransferase-1 by Wnt signaling triggers diffusion of Wnt-3aSatomi Nadanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Kobe 658 8558, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:4199-208. 2011..These results demonstrated that C4ST-1 is a key downstream target of Wnt signaling that regulates Wnt diffusion from Wnt-producing cells...
- α5β1 integrin-mediated adhesion to fibronectin is required for axis elongation and somitogenesis in miceAmparo Girós
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat de Valencia, Burjassot, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e22002. 2011..Thus, α5β1-mediated adhesion to FN in the PSM regulates the dynamics of membrane protrusions and cell-to-cell communication essential for elongation and segmentation of the body axis...
- Wnt activation downregulates olfactomedin-1 in Fallopian tubal epithelial cells: a microenvironment predisposed to tubal ectopic pregnancySuranga P Kodithuwakku
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Lab Invest 92:256-64. 2012..2-5 μg/ml) suppressed spheroid attachment to OE-E6/E7 cells, while activation of Wnt-signaling pathway by Wnt3a or LiCl reduced endogenous Olfm-1 expression and increased spheroid attachment...
- Wnt signaling regulates B lymphocyte proliferation through a LEF-1 dependent mechanismT Reya
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Immunity 13:15-24. 2000..Finally, we establish a link between Wnt signaling and normal B cell development by demonstrating that Wnt proteins are mitogenic for pro-B cells and that this effect is mediated by LEF-1...
- Rescue of a Wnt mutation by an activated form of LEF-1: regulation of maintenance but not initiation of Brachyury expressionJ Galceran
Gene Center and Institute of Biochemistry, University of Munich, Feodor Lynenstrasse 25, 81377 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:8668-73. 2001..Consistent with this view, mice carrying mutations in either the Wnt3a gene or in both transcription factor genes Lef1 and Tcf1 were previously found to show a similar defect in the ..
- Lymphoid enhancer factor 1-mediated Wnt signaling promotes the initiation of trophoblast lineage differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cellsShuyang He
Department of Animal and Avian Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Stem Cells 26:842-9. 2008..Overexpression and RNA interference knockdown studies indicate that Cdx2 induction in response to Wnt3a is mediated by lymphoid enhancer factor 1, whose expression is regulated by leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and ..
- Antisense attenuation of Wnt-1 and Wnt-3a expression in whole embryo culture reveals roles for these genes in craniofacial, spinal cord, and cardiac morphogenesisK Augustine
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 27599
Dev Genet 14:500-20. 1993....
- Human frizzled 1 interacts with transforming Wnts to transduce a TCF dependent transcriptional responseA Gazit
Department of Human Microbiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Oncogene 18:5959-66. 1999..All of these findings provide strong evidence that Hfz1 is a functional partner for certain Wnts in inducing TCF dependent transcription...
- Human peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 (PPARGC1) gene: cDNA sequence, genomic organization, chromosomal localization, and tissue expressionH Esterbauer
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Landeskliniken Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
Genomics 62:98-102. 1999..Hence, PPARGC1 expression might influence insulin sensitivity as well as energy expenditure, thereby contributing to the development and pathophysiology of human obesity...
- The role of presenilin 1 during somite segmentationK Koizumi
Department of Molecular Embryology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Development 128:1391-402. 2001..In summary, we propose that Ps1 is involved in the functional manifestation of the segmentation clock in the presomitic mesoderm...
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-13 and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene expression by WNT3A and bone morphogenetic protein-2 in osteoblastic differentiationAiko Nakashima
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, 060 8586, Japan
Front Biosci 11:1667-78. 2006..To assess the functional contribution of Wnt signaling, we have generated C2C12 cell lines stably over-expressing Wnt3a or Wnt5a, and then treated these cells with BMP-2 for 24 h...
- Expression of the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 is required for the induction of neural markers in mouse embryonic stem cells differentiating in response to retinoic acidR Verani
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 100:242-50. 2007..These data suggest that induction of Dkk-1 and the ensuing inhibition of the canonical Wnt pathway is required for neural differentiation of ES cells...
- Wnt3a regulates Lef-1 expression during airway submucosal gland morphogenesisRyan R Driskell
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Dev Biol 305:90-102. 2007..In the present study, we hypothesized that Wnt3a directly regulates Lef-1 gene expression required for SMG morphogenesis in mice...
- Chondroitin 4-O-sulfotransferase-1 modulates Wnt-3a signaling through control of E disaccharide expression of chondroitin sulfateSatomi Nadanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Kobe 658 8558, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:27333-43. 2008..These results suggest that CS-E-like structures synthesized by C4ST-1 participate in Wnt-3a signaling and modulate the physiological events caused by Wnt-3a signals...
- Mesodermal defects and cranial neural crest apoptosis in alpha5 integrin-null embryosK L Goh
Center for Cancer Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Development 124:4309-19. 1997....
- T (Brachyury) is a direct target of Wnt3a during paraxial mesoderm specificationT P Yamaguchi
Department of Molecular Biology, Biological Laboratories, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
Genes Dev 13:3185-90. 1999b>Wnt3a encodes a signal that is expressed in the primitive streak of the gastrulating mouse embryo and is required for paraxial mesoderm development. In its absence cells adopt ectopic neural fates...
- Wnt-3a is required for somite specification along the anteroposterior axis of the mouse embryo and for regulation of cdx-1 expressionM Ikeya
Center for Molecular and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo ku, 606 8502, Kyoto, Japan
Mech Dev 103:27-33. 2001..These results indicate that Wnt-3a is necessary for correct anteroposterior patterning of vertebra, and that cdx-1 may be one of the mediator genes of Wnt-3a signaling in this process...
- Wnt3a binds to several sFRPs in the nanomolar rangeDanuta Wawrzak
Laboratory for Cell Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:1119-23. 2007..show, using surface plasmon resonance and purified proteins, that sFRP1, sFRP2, sFRP4, and Frzb bind directly to Wnt3a with affinities in the nanomolar range...
- Wnt canonical pathway restricts graded Shh/Gli patterning activity through the regulation of Gli3 expressionRoberto Alvarez-Medina
Instituto de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona, CSIC, Parc Cientific de Barcelona, C Josep Samitier 1 5, Barcelona 08028, Spain
Development 135:237-47. 2008..Here, we show that Wnt1/Wnt3a, by signalling through the canonical beta-catenin/Tcf pathway, control expression of dorsal genes and suppression ..
- Wnt-3a and Dickkopf-1 stimulate neurite outgrowth in Ewing tumor cells via a Frizzled3- and c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent mechanismYoshimi Endo
National Cancer Institute, Bldg 37, Room 2042, 37 Convent Drive, MSC 4256, Bethesda, MD 20892 4256, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:2368-79. 2008..Our data demonstrate that Fzd3, Dvl, and JNK activity mediate Wnt-dependent neurite outgrowth and that ESFT cell lines will be useful experimental models for the study of Wnt-dependent neurite extension...
- MicroRNA-9 modulates Cajal-Retzius cell differentiation by suppressing Foxg1 expression in mouse medial palliumMikihito Shibata
Laboratory for Vertebrate Body Plan, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN Kobe, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0046, Japan
J Neurosci 28:10415-21. 2008..In addition, inhibition of endogenous miR-9 function by antisense oligonucleotides caused the regression of Wnt3a-positive cortical hem and reduction of reelin-, p73-, and NeuroD1-positive cells.
- Expression of two members of the Wnt family during mouse development--restricted temporal and spatial patterns in the developing neural tubeH Roelink
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Beckman Center, Stanford University, California 94305
Genes Dev 5:381-8. 1991..Characteristic expression patterns of these two closely related genes suggest that Wnt-3 and Wnt-3A play distinct roles in cell-cell signaling during morphogenesis of the developing neural tube...
- Biochemical analysis of murine Wnt proteins reveals both shared and distinct propertiesL W Burrus
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Exp Cell Res 220:363-73. 1995..Whereas addition of suramin to COS cell cultures significantly increases the levels of all six Wnts in the medium, the addition of heparin only influences the levels of Wnt-1, Wnt-6, and Wnt-7b...
- Alterations in gene expression during mesoderm formation and axial patterning in Brachyury (T) embryosP Rashbass
National Institute for Medical Research, London, United Kingdom
Int J Dev Biol 38:35-44. 1994..This extension into ventromedial somite domains is more pronounced caudally, supporting a function for the notochord in ventralizing somites...
- Mouse Wnt genes exhibit discrete domains of expression in the early embryonic CNS and limb budsB A Parr
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 119:247-61. 1993..We discuss the significance of these patterns of restricted and partially overlapping domains of expression with respect to the putative function of Wnt signalling in early CNS and limb development...
- Wnt-3a regulates somite and tailbud formation in the mouse embryoS Takada
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 8:174-89. 1994..We suggest that dysmorphology is secondary to the mesodermal and axial defects and that dorsal patterning of the CNS may be regulated by inductive signals arising from surface ectoderm...
- Analysis of the vestigial tail mutation demonstrates that Wnt-3a gene dosage regulates mouse axial developmentT L Greco
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109 0618 USA
Genes Dev 10:313-24. 1996Mice homozygous for the recessive mutation vestigial tail (vt), which arose spontaneously on Chromosome 11, exhibit vertebral abnormalities, including loss of caudal vertebrae leading to shortening of the tail...
- Evidence that absence of Wnt-3a signaling promotes neuralization instead of paraxial mesoderm development in the mouseY Yoshikawa
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Dev Biol 183:234-42. 1997..These results suggest that Wnt-3a signaling may play a role in regulating paraxial mesodermal fates, at the expense of neurectodermal fates, within the primitive ectoderm of the gastrulating mouse embryo...
- Three neural tubes in mouse embryos with mutations in the T-box gene Tbx6D L Chapman
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 391:695-7. 1998....
- Mechanisms of Wnt signaling in developmentA Wodarz
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14:59-88. 1998..Here we review recent data that have started to unravel the mechanisms of Wnt signaling...
- Wnt3a-/--like phenotype and limb deficiency in Lef1(-/-)Tcf1(-/-) miceJ Galceran
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Microbiology and Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 13:709-17. 1999..paraxial mesoderm and lead to the formation of additional neural tubes, phenotypes identical to those reported for Wnt3a-deficient mice...
- Characterization of mouse dishevelled (Dvl) proteins in Wnt/Wingless signaling pathwayJ S Lee
Department of Viral Oncology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:21464-70. 1999..These results are direct evidence that Dsh family proteins mediate a set of conserved biochemical processes in the Wnt/Wg signaling pathway...
- A local Wnt-3a signal is required for development of the mammalian hippocampusS M Lee
Department of Molecular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 127:457-67. 2000..Thus, Wnt-3a signaling is crucial for the normal growth of the hippocampus. We suggest that the coordination of growth with patterning may be a general role for Wnts during vertebrate development...
- An LDL-receptor-related protein mediates Wnt signalling in miceK I Pinson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Nature 407:535-8. 2000..Furthermore, we show a genetic enhancement of a Wnt mutant phenotype in mice lacking one functional copy of LRP6. Together, our results support a broad role for LRP6 in the transduction of several Wnt signals in mammals...
- Expression patterns of Wnt genes in mouse gut developmentH Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Mech Dev 105:181-4. 2001..5. Wnt11 is highly expressed at the gastro-esophageal junctions, while Wnt4 is found in the epithelium lining the pyloric region of the stomach but not in the epithelium of the prospective gland region...
- FGF signaling regulates mesoderm cell fate specification and morphogenetic movement at the primitive streakB Ciruna
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Cell 1:37-49. 2001..Finally, we provide evidence that the attenuation of Wnt3a signaling observed in Fgfr1 -/- embryos can be rescued by lowering E-cadherin levels...
- Wnt and Bmp signalling cooperatively regulate graded Emx2 expression in the dorsal telencephalonThomas Theil
Institute for Animal Developmental and Molecular Biology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Development 129:3045-54. 2002..These results establish Emx2 as a direct transcriptional target of Wnt and Bmp signalling and provide insights into a genetic hierarchy involving Gli3, Emx2 and Bmp and Wnt genes in the control of dorsal telencephalic development...
- Wnt3a plays a major role in the segmentation clock controlling somitogenesisAlexander Aulehla
Abteilung Entwicklungsbiologie, Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Dev Cell 4:395-406. 2003..Moreover, Wnt3a is required for oscillating Notch signaling activity in the PSM...
- Molecular regionalization of the neocortex is disrupted in Fgf8 hypomorphic mutantsSonia Garel
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Development 130:1903-14. 2003..Overall, our study demonstrates the role of endogenous Fgf8 in regulating early gradients of transcription factors in cortical progenitor cells and in molecular regionalization of the cortical plate...
- Wnt proteins are lipid-modified and can act as stem cell growth factorsKarl Willert
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nature 423:448-52. 2003..Here we have isolated active Wnt molecules, including the product of the mouse Wnt3a gene. By mass spectrometry, we found the proteins to be palmitoylated on a conserved cysteine...
- Identification of a Pax6-dependent epidermal growth factor family signaling source at the lateral edge of the embryonic cerebral cortexStavroula Assimacopoulos
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology, and Physiology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 23:6399-403. 2003..We find that the antihem is lost in mice homozygous for the Small eye (Pax6) mutation and suggest the loss of EGF signaling at least partially explains defects in cortical patterning and cell migration in Small eye mice...
- Differential regulation of midbrain dopaminergic neuron development by Wnt-1, Wnt-3a, and Wnt-5aGoncalo Castelo-Branco
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Medical Biochemistry, and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12747-52. 2003..These findings indicate that Wnts are key regulators of proliferation and differentiation of DA precursors during VM neurogenesis and that different Wnts have specific and unique activity profiles...
- R-spondin, a novel gene with thrombospondin type 1 domain, was expressed in the dorsal neural tube and affected in Wnts mutantsTomoyuki Kamata
Department of Neurology and Neurological Science, Graduate School of Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1676:51-62. 2004..R-spondin might be a novel marker of the boundary between the roof plate and neuroepithelium and may contribute to the development of dorsal neural tube under the regulation of Wnts...
- Wnt proteins induce dishevelled phosphorylation via an LRP5/6- independent mechanism, irrespective of their ability to stabilize beta-cateninJosé M González-Sancho
Strang Cancer Research Laboratory at The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4757-68. 2004..Our data also present Dvl phosphorylation as a general biochemical assay for Wnt protein function, including those Wnts that do not activate the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway...
- Mammalian Ryk is a Wnt coreceptor required for stimulation of neurite outgrowthWange Lu
California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Cell 119:97-108. 2004..Thus, Ryk appears to play a crucial role in Wnt-mediated signaling...
- Wnt-3a-dependent cell motility involves RhoA activation and is specifically regulated by dishevelled-2Yoshimi Endo
Laboratories of Cellular and Molecular Biology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 280:777-86. 2005..Specific knock-down of Dvl-2 expression markedly reduced Wnt-3a-dependent changes in cell shape and movement, suggesting that this Dvl isoform had a predominant role in mediating Wnt-3a-dependent motility in Chinese hamster ovary cells...
- Integration of Notch and Wnt signaling in hematopoietic stem cell maintenanceAndrew W Duncan
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nat Immunol 6:314-22. 2005..These data suggest that Notch signaling has a dominant function in inhibiting differentiation and provide a model for how HSCs may integrate multiple signals to maintain the stem cell state...
- Effects of canonical Wnt signaling on dorso-ventral specification of the mouse telencephalonMattias Backman
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Centre for Molecular Biology and Neuroscience, University of Oslo, The National Hospital, 0027 Oslo, Norway
Dev Biol 279:155-68. 2005..Thus, our data suggest that canonical Wnt signals are involved in maintaining the identity of the pallium by controlling expression of dorsal markers and by suppressing ventral programs from being activated in pallial progenitor cells...
- Dissecting Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during gastrulation using RNA interference in mouse embryosHeiko Lickert
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Development 132:2599-609. 2005..This functional genomic approach allows the rapid identification of functionally important components of embryonic development from large datasets of putative targets...
- Wnt signaling controls the timing of oligodendrocyte development in the spinal cordTakeshi Shimizu
Laboratory of Neurobiology and Bioinformatics, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki National Research Institute, Nishigonaka, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8585, Japan
Dev Biol 282:397-410. 2005..Addition of rmFz-8/Fc, a Wnt antagonist, increased the number of immature oligodendrocytes in the spinal cord explant culture, demonstrating that endogenous Wnt signaling controls oligodendrocyte development...
- Cross-talk between Wnt and bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) signaling in differentiation pathway of C2C12 myoblastsAiko Nakashima
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:37660-8. 2005..To assess the contribution of Wnt, we generated C2C12 cells over-expressing Wnt3a or Wnt5a and treated these with BMP-2...
- Wnt proteins prevent apoptosis of both uncommitted osteoblast progenitors and differentiated osteoblasts by beta-catenin-dependent and -independent signaling cascades involving Src/ERK and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKTMaria Almeida
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Center for Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and the Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41342-51. 2005..Serum withdrawal-induced apoptosis was prevented by the canonical Wnts (Wnt3a and Wnt1) and the noncanonical Wnt5a in all cell types...
- Wnt3a links left-right determination with segmentation and anteroposterior axis elongationMasa aki Nakaya
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, NIH Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 132:5425-36. 2005..How morphogenesis is coupled to axis specification is not well understood. We demonstrate that Wnt3a is required for LR asymmetry...
- Massive loss of Cajal-Retzius cells does not disrupt neocortical layer orderMichio Yoshida
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Development 133:537-45. 2006..Our findings indicate, however, that the sheet of reelin-rich CR cells that covers the neocortical primordium is not required to direct layer order...
- Purified Wnt5a protein activates or inhibits beta-catenin-TCF signaling depending on receptor contextAmanda J Mikels
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 4:e115. 2006..We find that purified Wnt5a inhibits Wnt3a protein-induced canonical Wnt signaling in a dose-dependent manner, not by influencing beta-catenin levels but by ..
- A dishevelled-1/Smad1 interaction couples WNT and bone morphogenetic protein signaling pathways in uncommitted bone marrow stromal cellsZhongyu Liu
Division of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0019, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17156-63. 2006..Treatment with Wnt3a, but not BMP-2, stimulated Lef1-mediated transcriptional activity, whereas co-stimulation with both Wnt3a and BMP-..
- Wnt-3a utilizes a novel low dose and rapid pathway that does not require casein kinase 1-mediated phosphorylation of Dvl to activate beta-cateninVitezslav Bryja
Karolinska Institutet, Department Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Laboratory Molecular Neurobiology, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Signal 19:610-6. 2007..Thus, our results show that Wnt-3a rapidly induce a partial activation of beta-catenin in the absence of PS-Dvl at low doses, while at high doses induce a full activation of beta-catenin in a PS-Dvl-dependent manner...
- Wnt-5a induces Dishevelled phosphorylation and dopaminergic differentiation via a CK1-dependent mechanismVitezslav Bryja
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Sci 120:586-95. 2007....
- Wnt signaling promotes regeneration in the retina of adult mammalsFumitaka Osakada
Laboratory for Retinal Regeneration, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
J Neurosci 27:4210-9. 2007..b>Wnt3a treatment increases proliferation of dedifferentiated Müller glia >20-fold in the photoreceptor-damaged retina...
- Wnt induces LRP6 signalosomes and promotes dishevelled-dependent LRP6 phosphorylationJosipa Bilic
Division of Molecular Embryology, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Science 316:1619-22. 2007..We propose that Wnts induce coclustering of receptors and Dvl in LRP6-signalosomes, which in turn triggers LRP6 phosphorylation to promote Axin recruitment and beta-catenin stabilization...
- Two distinct sources for a population of maturing axial progenitorsNoemi Cambray
Institute for Stem Cell Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Kings Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JQ, UK
Development 134:2829-40. 2007..Therefore, at least some aspects of progenitor status are conferred by the environment and are not an intrinsic property of the cells...
- Expression of Msgn1 in the presomitic mesoderm is controlled by synergism of WNT signalling and Tbx6Lars Wittler
Department of Developmental Genetics, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
EMBO Rep 8:784-9. 2007..These findings emphasize the crucial role of WNT signalling in the control of psm formation, maturation and segmentation...
- The role of Foxg1 and dorsal midline signaling in the generation of Cajal-Retzius subtypesCarina Hanashima
Smilow Neuroscience Program and Department of Cell Biology, Smilow Research Center, New York University, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Neurosci 27:11103-11. 2007....
- Mouse Ripply2 is downstream of Wnt3a and is dynamically expressed during somitogenesisKristin K Biris
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, NCI Frederick, NIH, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Dev Dyn 236:3167-72. 2007..Notch-centered segmentation clock, whereas boundaries are spatially positioned by the secreted signaling molecules Wnt3a and Fgf8...
- Wnt3a/beta-catenin signaling controls posterior body development by coordinating mesoderm formation and segmentationWilliam C Dunty
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, NIH, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 135:85-94. 2008Somitogenesis is thought to be controlled by a segmentation clock, which consists of molecular oscillators in the Wnt3a, Fgf8 and Notch pathways...
- Lhx2 selector activity specifies cortical identity and suppresses hippocampal organizer fateVishakha S Mangale
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai 400005, India
Science 319:304-9. 2008..In addition to providing functional evidence for Lhx2 selector activity, these findings show that the cortical hem is a hippocampal organizer...
- R-spondin1 synergizes with Wnt3A in inducing osteoblast differentiation and osteoprotegerin expressionWenyan Lu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Drug Discovery Division, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, AL 35255, USA
FEBS Lett 582:643-50. 2008..We reported herein that R-sponin1 (Rspo1) acted synergistically with Wnt3A to activate Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the uncommitted mesenchymal C2C12 cells...
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling suppresses Rapsyn expression and inhibits acetylcholine receptor clustering at the neuromuscular junctionJia Wang
Institute of Neuroscience, State Key Laboratory of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai, China
J Biol Chem 283:21668-75. 2008..Here we report that Wnt3a negatively regulates acetylcholine receptor (AChR) clustering by repressing the expression of Rapsyn, an AChR-..
- Wnt regulates axon behavior through changes in microtubule growth directionality: a new role for adenomatous polyposis coliSilvia A Purro
Research Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:8644-54. 2008..Time-lapse recordings reveal that Wnt3a rapidly inhibits growth cone translocation while inducing growth cone enlargement...
- p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase regulates canonical Wnt-beta-catenin signaling by inactivation of GSK3betaRama Kamesh Bikkavilli
Department of Pharmacology, Health Sciences Center, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
J Cell Sci 121:3598-607. 2008..kinase (MAPK) pathways that might intersect with the canonical Wnt-beta-catenin signaling pathway in response to Wnt3a, we observed a strong activation of p38 MAPK in mouse F9 teratocarcinoma cells...
- Wnt signaling mediates self-organization and axis formation in embryoid bodiesDerk ten Berge
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell Stem Cell 3:508-18. 2008..Exogenous Wnt3a protein posteriorizes the embryoid body, resulting in predominantly mesendodermal differentiation...
- The frizzled-related sFRP2 gene is a target of thyroid hormone receptor alpha1 and activates beta-catenin signaling in mouse intestineElsa Kress
Universite de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, INRA, CNRS, Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, 69364 Lyon, France
J Biol Chem 284:1234-41. 2009..Moreover, we describe in this study a novel mechanism of action of sFRP2, responsible for the activation of beta-catenin signaling...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2 induces pulmonary angiogenesis via Wnt-beta-catenin and Wnt-RhoA-Rac1 pathwaysVinicio A de Jesus Perez
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 184:83-99. 2009..These findings suggest that the recruitment of both canonical and noncanonical Wnt pathways is required in BMP-2-mediated angiogenesis...
- Parkin protects dopaminergic neurons from excessive Wnt/beta-catenin signalingNina Rawal
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, MBB, DBRM, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm S 17177, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:473-8. 2009..b>Wnt3a signaling also causes death of post-mitotic DA neurons in parkin null animals, suggesting that both increased ..
- DeltaNp73 regulates neuronal survival in vivoFadel Tissir
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institute of Neuroscience, Developmental Neurobiology Unit, Brussels, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16871-6. 2009..However, ablation of cells that express DeltaNp73 and Wnt3a did neither remove all CRc, nor did they abolish Reelin secretion or generate a reeler-like cortical phenotype...
- Cdx2 regulation of posterior development through non-Hox targetsJoanne G A Savory
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8M5, Canada
Development 136:4099-110. 2009..with attenuated expression of genes encoding several key players in axial elongation, including Fgf8, T, Wnt3a and Cyp26a1, and we present data suggesting that T, Wnt3a and Cyp26a1 are direct Cdx2 targets...
- Requirement of prorenin receptor and vacuolar H+-ATPase-mediated acidification for Wnt signalingCristina Maria Cruciat
Division of Molecular Embryology, DKFZ ZMBH Alliance, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Science 327:459-63. 2010..The results reveal an unsuspected role for the prorenin receptor, V-ATPase activity, and acidification during Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- LEF1/beta-catenin complex regulates transcription of the Cav3.1 calcium channel gene (Cacna1g) in thalamic neurons of the adult brainMarta B Wisniewska
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 02 109 Warsaw, Poland
J Neurosci 30:4957-69. 2010..of Cacna1g is high in the thalamus and is further increased in thalamic neurons treated in vitro with LiCl or WNT3A, activators of beta-catenin...
- PDZRN3 negatively regulates BMP-2-induced osteoblast differentiation through inhibition of Wnt signalingTakeshi Honda
Department of Pharmacology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 21:3269-77. 2010..Furthermore, the expression and Wnt3a-induced phosphorylation of LRP6 as well as the increase in the cytosolic abundance of β-catenin induced by Wnt3a ..
- Canonical and noncanonical Wnts use a common mechanism to activate completely unrelated coreceptorsLuca Grumolato
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Genes Dev 24:2517-30. 2010..We demonstrate here that prototype canonical Wnt3a and noncanonical Wnt5a ligands specifically trigger completely unrelated endogenous coreceptors-LRP5/6 and Ror1/2, ..
- Wnt signaling regulates neuronal differentiation of cortical intermediate progenitorsRoeben N Munji
Program in Developmental Biology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 31:1676-87. 2011..Upregulation of Wnt-β-catenin signaling by overexpression of Wnt3a in the neocortex induced early differentiation of IPs into neurons and the accumulation of these newly born ..
- Arginine methylation of G3BP1 in response to Wnt3a regulates β-catenin mRNARama Kamesh Bikkavilli
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
J Cell Sci 124:2310-20. 2011Wnt/β-catenin signaling is essential for normal mammalian development. Wnt3a activates the Wnt/β-catenin pathway through stabilization of β-catenin; a process in which the phosphoprotein Dishevelled figures prominently...
- structural Studies of Wnts and identification of an LRP6 binding siteMatthew Ling Hon Chu
Departments of Structural Biology and Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Structure 21:1235-42. 2013..Structure-based mutational analysis of mouse Wnt3a shows that the linker between the N- and C-terminal domains is required for LRP6 binding...
- Spasmodic, a mutation on chromosome 11 in the mouseP W Lane
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Hered 78:353-6. 1987..It is not an allele of spa and linkage tests show that this mutation is located close to vestigial tail (vt) near the center of chromosome 11...
- Antisense targeting of engrailed-1 causes abnormal axis formation in mouse embryosT W Sadler
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Teratology 51:292-9. 1995..Thus, in addition to participating in the signaling pathway for brain and limb development, En-1 appears to play a role in patterning the embryonic axis...
- The expression of the mouse Zic1, Zic2, and Zic3 gene suggests an essential role for Zic genes in body pattern formationT Nagai
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Dev Biol 182:299-313. 1997..Furthermore, analysis of gene expression patterns in different mouse mutants indicated that Zic genes may act upstream of many known developmental regulatory genes...
- A physical map of the mouse shaker-2 region contains many of the genes commonly deleted in Smith-Magenis syndrome (del17p11.2p11.2)F J Probst
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Genomics 55:348-52. 1999..The gene order in this region is not perfectly conserved between mouse and human, a finding to be considered as we engineer a mouse model of Smith-Magenis syndrome...
- The evolutionarily conserved porcupine gene family is involved in the processing of the Wnt familyK Tanaka
Graduate Program for Regulation of Biological Signals, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 267:4300-11. 2000..These results demonstrate that the porc gene family encodes the multitransmembrane ER proteins, which are evolutionarily well conserved and involved in processing the Wnt family...
- Functional ablation of the mouse Ldb1 gene results in severe patterning defects during gastrulationMahua Mukhopadhyay
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Development 130:495-505. 2003..The expression of several Wnt inhibitors is curtailed in the mutant, suggesting that Wnt pathways may be involved in axial patterning regulated by Ldb1...
- Developing with lethal RA levels: genetic ablation of Rarg can restore the viability of mice lacking Cyp26a1Suzan Abu-Abed
Cancer Research Labs, Queen s University, Kingston, ON K7L 3N6, Canada
Development 130:1449-59. 2003..We also show that activated RARgamma results in downregulation of Wnt3a and Fgf8, which integrate highly conserved signaling pathways known for their role in specifying caudal ..
- Zic3 and the Control of Body Pattern FormationSTEPHANIE WARE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Through a combination of supervised research, scientific interchange, and selected coursework within this environment, the candidate will obtain the training necessary to transition to an independent investigator. ..
- Is non-canonical Wnt signaling required in cardiac neural crest cells?Ethan David Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This.information may lead to new detection or treatment strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Damage and regeneration in the hematopoietic systemTannishtha Reya; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, understanding the basis of impaired regeneration in the aging hematopoietic system may allow us to design novel means to improve the health and quality of life of aging patients. ..
- Regulation of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Self-RenewalTannishtha Reya; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..