Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt3a
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 3A
Alias: Wnt-3a, protein Wnt-3a, vestigial tail, wingless-related MMTV integration site 3A
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Lipocalin 24p3 is regulated by the Wnt pathway independent of regulation by ironSlava Ziegler
Max Planck Institut fur molekulare Physiologie, Otto Hahn Strasse 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 174:16-23. 2007..Differential splicing of the 24p3R transcript, depending on the activation state of the Wnt pathway, may modify the function of 24p3...
- The midbrain-hindbrain phenotype of Wnt-1-/Wnt-1- mice results from stepwise deletion of engrailed-expressing cells by 9.5 days postcoitumA P McMahon
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Cell 69:581-95. 1992..We suggest that functional redundancy between these two genes accounts for the lack of a caudal central nervous system phenotype...
- A role for Wnt signalling in self-renewal of haematopoietic stem cellsTannishtha Reya
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nature 423:409-14. 2003..We conclude that the Wnt signalling pathway is critical for normal HSC homeostasis in vitro and in vivo, and provide insight into a potential molecular hierarchy of regulation of HSC development...
- Canonical and noncanonical Wnts use a common mechanism to activate completely unrelated coreceptorsLuca Grumolato
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Genes Dev 24:2517-30. 2010..We demonstrate here that prototype canonical Wnt3a and noncanonical Wnt5a ligands specifically trigger completely unrelated endogenous coreceptors-LRP5/6 and Ror1/2, ..
- Differential regulation of midbrain dopaminergic neuron development by Wnt-1, Wnt-3a, and Wnt-5aGoncalo Castelo-Branco
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Medical Biochemistry, and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12747-52. 2003..These findings indicate that Wnts are key regulators of proliferation and differentiation of DA precursors during VM neurogenesis and that different Wnts have specific and unique activity profiles...
- Wnt proteins are lipid-modified and can act as stem cell growth factorsKarl Willert
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nature 423:448-52. 2003..Here we have isolated active Wnt molecules, including the product of the mouse Wnt3a gene. By mass spectrometry, we found the proteins to be palmitoylated on a conserved cysteine...
- Fas-associated factor 1 antagonizes Wnt signaling by promoting β-catenin degradationLong Zhang
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Biol Cell 22:1617-24. 2011..These results identify FAF1 as a novel inhibitory factor of canonical Wnt signaling pathway...
- Arginine methylation of G3BP1 in response to Wnt3a regulates β-catenin mRNARama Kamesh Bikkavilli
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
J Cell Sci 124:2310-20. 2011Wnt/β-catenin signaling is essential for normal mammalian development. Wnt3a activates the Wnt/β-catenin pathway through stabilization of β-catenin; a process in which the phosphoprotein Dishevelled figures prominently...
- Cross-talk between Wnt and bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) signaling in differentiation pathway of C2C12 myoblastsAiko Nakashima
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:37660-8. 2005..To assess the contribution of Wnt, we generated C2C12 cells over-expressing Wnt3a or Wnt5a and treated these with BMP-2...
- DeltaNp73 regulates neuronal survival in vivoFadel Tissir
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institute of Neuroscience, Developmental Neurobiology Unit, Brussels, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16871-6. 2009..However, ablation of cells that express DeltaNp73 and Wnt3a did neither remove all CRc, nor did they abolish Reelin secretion or generate a reeler-like cortical phenotype...
- Cdx2 regulation of posterior development through non-Hox targetsJoanne G A Savory
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8M5, Canada
Development 136:4099-110. 2009..with attenuated expression of genes encoding several key players in axial elongation, including Fgf8, T, Wnt3a and Cyp26a1, and we present data suggesting that T, Wnt3a and Cyp26a1 are direct Cdx2 targets...
- The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epitheliumJoel Weidenfeld
Department of Medicine, Molecular Cardiology Research Center, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21061-70. 2002..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2...
- p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase regulates canonical Wnt-beta-catenin signaling by inactivation of GSK3betaRama Kamesh Bikkavilli
Department of Pharmacology, Health Sciences Center, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
J Cell Sci 121:3598-607. 2008..kinase (MAPK) pathways that might intersect with the canonical Wnt-beta-catenin signaling pathway in response to Wnt3a, we observed a strong activation of p38 MAPK in mouse F9 teratocarcinoma cells...
- Mechanisms of Wnt signaling in developmentA Wodarz
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14:59-88. 1998..Here we review recent data that have started to unravel the mechanisms of Wnt signaling...
- Wnt induces LRP6 signalosomes and promotes dishevelled-dependent LRP6 phosphorylationJosipa Bilic
Division of Molecular Embryology, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Science 316:1619-22. 2007..We propose that Wnts induce coclustering of receptors and Dvl in LRP6-signalosomes, which in turn triggers LRP6 phosphorylation to promote Axin recruitment and beta-catenin stabilization...
- Wnt signaling plays an essential role in neuronal specification of the dorsal spinal cordYuko Muroyama
Kondoh Differentiation Signaling Project, Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation JST, Kinki Invention Center, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8305, Japan
Genes Dev 16:548-53. 2002..Here, we demonstrate that absence of Wnt1 and Wnt3a, normally expressed in the roof plate, leads to diminished development of D1 and D2 neurons and a compensatory ..
- Casein kinase 1 delta functions at the centrosome to mediate Wnt-3a-dependent neurite outgrowthYoshimi Endo Greer
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 192:993-1004. 2011..These results provide strong evidence that the centrosomal localization of CK1δ is required for Wnt-3a-dependent neuritogenesis...
- Wnt-dependent assembly of supermolecular Dishevelled-3-based complexesNoriko Yokoyama
Department of Pharmacology, Health Sciences Center, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
J Cell Sci 123:3693-702. 2010..4 to 2.0 MDa. Addition of Wnt3a stimulates the formation of Dvl3-based complexes of greater molecular mass within 30 minutes...
- Wnt-5a inhibits the canonical Wnt pathway by promoting GSK-3-independent beta-catenin degradationLilia Topol
Genetic Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 162:899-908. 2003..Furthermore, we provide evidence that Wnt-5a also acts in vivo to promote beta-catenin degradation in regulating mammalian limb development and possibly in suppressing tumor formation...
- Wnt signaling controls the timing of oligodendrocyte development in the spinal cordTakeshi Shimizu
Laboratory of Neurobiology and Bioinformatics, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki National Research Institute, Nishigonaka, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8585, Japan
Dev Biol 282:397-410. 2005..Addition of rmFz-8/Fc, a Wnt antagonist, increased the number of immature oligodendrocytes in the spinal cord explant culture, demonstrating that endogenous Wnt signaling controls oligodendrocyte development...
- The hem of the embryonic cerebral cortex is defined by the expression of multiple Wnt genes and is compromised in Gli3-deficient miceE A Grove
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Development 125:2315-25. 1998..By contrast, three others, Wnt3a, 5a and a novel mouse Wnt gene, Wnt2b, are expressed only at the medial edge of the telencephalon, defining the ..
- Wnt proteins prevent apoptosis of both uncommitted osteoblast progenitors and differentiated osteoblasts by beta-catenin-dependent and -independent signaling cascades involving Src/ERK and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKTMaria Almeida
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Center for Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and the Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41342-51. 2005..Serum withdrawal-induced apoptosis was prevented by the canonical Wnts (Wnt3a and Wnt1) and the noncanonical Wnt5a in all cell types...
- FGF signaling regulates mesoderm cell fate specification and morphogenetic movement at the primitive streakB Ciruna
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Cell 1:37-49. 2001..Finally, we provide evidence that the attenuation of Wnt3a signaling observed in Fgfr1 -/- embryos can be rescued by lowering E-cadherin levels...
- Down-regulation of chondroitin 4-O-sulfotransferase-1 by Wnt signaling triggers diffusion of Wnt-3aSatomi Nadanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Kobe 658 8558, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:4199-208. 2011..These results demonstrated that C4ST-1 is a key downstream target of Wnt signaling that regulates Wnt diffusion from Wnt-producing cells...
- A local Wnt-3a signal is required for development of the mammalian hippocampusS M Lee
Department of Molecular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 127:457-67. 2000..Thus, Wnt-3a signaling is crucial for the normal growth of the hippocampus. We suggest that the coordination of growth with patterning may be a general role for Wnts during vertebrate development...
- Lhx2 selector activity specifies cortical identity and suppresses hippocampal organizer fateVishakha S Mangale
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai 400005, India
Science 319:304-9. 2008..In addition to providing functional evidence for Lhx2 selector activity, these findings show that the cortical hem is a hippocampal organizer...
- α5β1 integrin-mediated adhesion to fibronectin is required for axis elongation and somitogenesis in miceAmparo Girós
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat de Valencia, Burjassot, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e22002. 2011..Thus, α5β1-mediated adhesion to FN in the PSM regulates the dynamics of membrane protrusions and cell-to-cell communication essential for elongation and segmentation of the body axis...
- Mouse cristin/R-spondin family proteins are novel ligands for the Frizzled 8 and LRP6 receptors and activate beta-catenin-dependent gene expressionJu Suk Nam
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
J Biol Chem 281:13247-57. 2006..Our findings expand the repertoire of ligands that induce beta-catenin/TCF-dependent gene activation and implicate the presence of active beta-catenin-dependent gene activation in a Wnt-free biological context...
- Alterations in gene expression during mesoderm formation and axial patterning in Brachyury (T) embryosP Rashbass
National Institute for Medical Research, London, United Kingdom
Int J Dev Biol 38:35-44. 1994..This extension into ventromedial somite domains is more pronounced caudally, supporting a function for the notochord in ventralizing somites...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2 induces pulmonary angiogenesis via Wnt-beta-catenin and Wnt-RhoA-Rac1 pathwaysVinicio A de Jesus Perez
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 184:83-99. 2009..These findings suggest that the recruitment of both canonical and noncanonical Wnt pathways is required in BMP-2-mediated angiogenesis...
- Wnt activation downregulates olfactomedin-1 in Fallopian tubal epithelial cells: a microenvironment predisposed to tubal ectopic pregnancySuranga P Kodithuwakku
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Lab Invest 92:256-64. 2012..2-5 μg/ml) suppressed spheroid attachment to OE-E6/E7 cells, while activation of Wnt-signaling pathway by Wnt3a or LiCl reduced endogenous Olfm-1 expression and increased spheroid attachment...
- The retinoic acid-metabolizing enzyme, CYP26A1, is essential for normal hindbrain patterning, vertebral identity, and development of posterior structuresS Abu-Abed
Cancer Research Labs, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6, Canada
Genes Dev 15:226-40. 2001....
- Integration of Notch and Wnt signaling in hematopoietic stem cell maintenanceAndrew W Duncan
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nat Immunol 6:314-22. 2005..These data suggest that Notch signaling has a dominant function in inhibiting differentiation and provide a model for how HSCs may integrate multiple signals to maintain the stem cell state...
- Wnt proteins induce dishevelled phosphorylation via an LRP5/6- independent mechanism, irrespective of their ability to stabilize beta-cateninJosé M González-Sancho
Strang Cancer Research Laboratory at The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4757-68. 2004..Our data also present Dvl phosphorylation as a general biochemical assay for Wnt protein function, including those Wnts that do not activate the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway...
- Dissecting Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during gastrulation using RNA interference in mouse embryosHeiko Lickert
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Development 132:2599-609. 2005..This functional genomic approach allows the rapid identification of functionally important components of embryonic development from large datasets of putative targets...
- Rescue of a Wnt mutation by an activated form of LEF-1: regulation of maintenance but not initiation of Brachyury expressionJ Galceran
Gene Center and Institute of Biochemistry, University of Munich, Feodor Lynenstrasse 25, 81377 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:8668-73. 2001..Consistent with this view, mice carrying mutations in either the Wnt3a gene or in both transcription factor genes Lef1 and Tcf1 were previously found to show a similar defect in the ..
- Wnt3a-/--like phenotype and limb deficiency in Lef1(-/-)Tcf1(-/-) miceJ Galceran
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Microbiology and Biochemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 13:709-17. 1999..paraxial mesoderm and lead to the formation of additional neural tubes, phenotypes identical to those reported for Wnt3a-deficient mice...
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling suppresses Rapsyn expression and inhibits acetylcholine receptor clustering at the neuromuscular junctionJia Wang
Institute of Neuroscience, State Key Laboratory of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai, China
J Biol Chem 283:21668-75. 2008..Here we report that Wnt3a negatively regulates acetylcholine receptor (AChR) clustering by repressing the expression of Rapsyn, an AChR-..
- Lymphoid enhancer factor 1-mediated Wnt signaling promotes the initiation of trophoblast lineage differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cellsShuyang He
Department of Animal and Avian Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Stem Cells 26:842-9. 2008..Overexpression and RNA interference knockdown studies indicate that Cdx2 induction in response to Wnt3a is mediated by lymphoid enhancer factor 1, whose expression is regulated by leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and ..
- An LDL-receptor-related protein mediates Wnt signalling in miceK I Pinson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Nature 407:535-8. 2000..Furthermore, we show a genetic enhancement of a Wnt mutant phenotype in mice lacking one functional copy of LRP6. Together, our results support a broad role for LRP6 in the transduction of several Wnt signals in mammals...
- Wnt signaling regulates B lymphocyte proliferation through a LEF-1 dependent mechanismT Reya
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Immunity 13:15-24. 2000..Finally, we establish a link between Wnt signaling and normal B cell development by demonstrating that Wnt proteins are mitogenic for pro-B cells and that this effect is mediated by LEF-1...
- R-spondin1 synergizes with Wnt3A in inducing osteoblast differentiation and osteoprotegerin expressionWenyan Lu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Drug Discovery Division, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, AL 35255, USA
FEBS Lett 582:643-50. 2008..We reported herein that R-sponin1 (Rspo1) acted synergistically with Wnt3A to activate Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the uncommitted mesenchymal C2C12 cells...
- The role of presenilin 1 during somite segmentationK Koizumi
Department of Molecular Embryology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Development 128:1391-402. 2001..In summary, we propose that Ps1 is involved in the functional manifestation of the segmentation clock in the presomitic mesoderm...
- Human frizzled 1 interacts with transforming Wnts to transduce a TCF dependent transcriptional responseA Gazit
Department of Human Microbiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Oncogene 18:5959-66. 1999..All of these findings provide strong evidence that Hfz1 is a functional partner for certain Wnts in inducing TCF dependent transcription...
- Human peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 (PPARGC1) gene: cDNA sequence, genomic organization, chromosomal localization, and tissue expressionH Esterbauer
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Landeskliniken Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
Genomics 62:98-102. 1999..Hence, PPARGC1 expression might influence insulin sensitivity as well as energy expenditure, thereby contributing to the development and pathophysiology of human obesity...
- Antisense attenuation of Wnt-1 and Wnt-3a expression in whole embryo culture reveals roles for these genes in craniofacial, spinal cord, and cardiac morphogenesisK Augustine
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 27599
Dev Genet 14:500-20. 1993....
- Biochemical analysis of murine Wnt proteins reveals both shared and distinct propertiesL W Burrus
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Exp Cell Res 220:363-73. 1995..Whereas addition of suramin to COS cell cultures significantly increases the levels of all six Wnts in the medium, the addition of heparin only influences the levels of Wnt-1, Wnt-6, and Wnt-7b...
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-13 and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene expression by WNT3A and bone morphogenetic protein-2 in osteoblastic differentiationAiko Nakashima
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, 060 8586, Japan
Front Biosci 11:1667-78. 2006..To assess the functional contribution of Wnt signaling, we have generated C2C12 cell lines stably over-expressing Wnt3a or Wnt5a, and then treated these cells with BMP-2 for 24 h...
- Expression of the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 is required for the induction of neural markers in mouse embryonic stem cells differentiating in response to retinoic acidR Verani
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 100:242-50. 2007..These data suggest that induction of Dkk-1 and the ensuing inhibition of the canonical Wnt pathway is required for neural differentiation of ES cells...
- Wnt3a links left-right determination with segmentation and anteroposterior axis elongationMasa aki Nakaya
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, NIH Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 132:5425-36. 2005..How morphogenesis is coupled to axis specification is not well understood. We demonstrate that Wnt3a is required for LR asymmetry...
- R-spondin, a novel gene with thrombospondin type 1 domain, was expressed in the dorsal neural tube and affected in Wnts mutantsTomoyuki Kamata
Department of Neurology and Neurological Science, Graduate School of Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1676:51-62. 2004..R-spondin might be a novel marker of the boundary between the roof plate and neuroepithelium and may contribute to the development of dorsal neural tube under the regulation of Wnts...
- Chondroitin 4-O-sulfotransferase-1 modulates Wnt-3a signaling through control of E disaccharide expression of chondroitin sulfateSatomi Nadanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Kobe 658 8558, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:27333-43. 2008..These results suggest that CS-E-like structures synthesized by C4ST-1 participate in Wnt-3a signaling and modulate the physiological events caused by Wnt-3a signals...
- Wnt3a regulates Lef-1 expression during airway submucosal gland morphogenesisRyan R Driskell
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Dev Biol 305:90-102. 2007..In the present study, we hypothesized that Wnt3a directly regulates Lef-1 gene expression required for SMG morphogenesis in mice...
- PDZRN3 negatively regulates BMP-2-induced osteoblast differentiation through inhibition of Wnt signalingTakeshi Honda
Department of Pharmacology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 21:3269-77. 2010..Furthermore, the expression and Wnt3a-induced phosphorylation of LRP6 as well as the increase in the cytosolic abundance of β-catenin induced by Wnt3a ..
- MicroRNA-9 modulates Cajal-Retzius cell differentiation by suppressing Foxg1 expression in mouse medial palliumMikihito Shibata
Laboratory for Vertebrate Body Plan, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN Kobe, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0046, Japan
J Neurosci 28:10415-21. 2008..In addition, inhibition of endogenous miR-9 function by antisense oligonucleotides caused the regression of Wnt3a-positive cortical hem and reduction of reelin-, p73-, and NeuroD1-positive cells.
- Wnt signaling promotes regeneration in the retina of adult mammalsFumitaka Osakada
Laboratory for Retinal Regeneration, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
J Neurosci 27:4210-9. 2007..b>Wnt3a treatment increases proliferation of dedifferentiated Müller glia >20-fold in the photoreceptor-damaged retina...
- Wnt3a/beta-catenin signaling controls posterior body development by coordinating mesoderm formation and segmentationWilliam C Dunty
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, NIH, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 135:85-94. 2008Somitogenesis is thought to be controlled by a segmentation clock, which consists of molecular oscillators in the Wnt3a, Fgf8 and Notch pathways...
- Purified Wnt5a protein activates or inhibits beta-catenin-TCF signaling depending on receptor contextAmanda J Mikels
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 4:e115. 2006..We find that purified Wnt5a inhibits Wnt3a protein-induced canonical Wnt signaling in a dose-dependent manner, not by influencing beta-catenin levels but by ..
- A dishevelled-1/Smad1 interaction couples WNT and bone morphogenetic protein signaling pathways in uncommitted bone marrow stromal cellsZhongyu Liu
Division of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0019, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17156-63. 2006..Treatment with Wnt3a, but not BMP-2, stimulated Lef1-mediated transcriptional activity, whereas co-stimulation with both Wnt3a and BMP-..
- Wnt canonical pathway restricts graded Shh/Gli patterning activity through the regulation of Gli3 expressionRoberto Alvarez-Medina
Instituto de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona, CSIC, Parc Cientific de Barcelona, C Josep Samitier 1 5, Barcelona 08028, Spain
Development 135:237-47. 2008..Here, we show that Wnt1/Wnt3a, by signalling through the canonical beta-catenin/Tcf pathway, control expression of dorsal genes and suppression ..
- Wnt-3a and Dickkopf-1 stimulate neurite outgrowth in Ewing tumor cells via a Frizzled3- and c-Jun N-terminal kinase-dependent mechanismYoshimi Endo
National Cancer Institute, Bldg 37, Room 2042, 37 Convent Drive, MSC 4256, Bethesda, MD 20892 4256, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:2368-79. 2008..Our data demonstrate that Fzd3, Dvl, and JNK activity mediate Wnt-dependent neurite outgrowth and that ESFT cell lines will be useful experimental models for the study of Wnt-dependent neurite extension...
- Wnt3a binds to several sFRPs in the nanomolar rangeDanuta Wawrzak
Laboratory for Cell Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:1119-23. 2007..show, using surface plasmon resonance and purified proteins, that sFRP1, sFRP2, sFRP4, and Frzb bind directly to Wnt3a with affinities in the nanomolar range...
- Wnt-3a-dependent cell motility involves RhoA activation and is specifically regulated by dishevelled-2Yoshimi Endo
Laboratories of Cellular and Molecular Biology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 280:777-86. 2005..Specific knock-down of Dvl-2 expression markedly reduced Wnt-3a-dependent changes in cell shape and movement, suggesting that this Dvl isoform had a predominant role in mediating Wnt-3a-dependent motility in Chinese hamster ovary cells...
- Mammalian Ryk is a Wnt coreceptor required for stimulation of neurite outgrowthWange Lu
California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Cell 119:97-108. 2004..Thus, Ryk appears to play a crucial role in Wnt-mediated signaling...
- Wnt-3a regulates somite and tailbud formation in the mouse embryoS Takada
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 8:174-89. 1994..We suggest that dysmorphology is secondary to the mesodermal and axial defects and that dorsal patterning of the CNS may be regulated by inductive signals arising from surface ectoderm...
- Mesodermal defects and cranial neural crest apoptosis in alpha5 integrin-null embryosK L Goh
Center for Cancer Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Development 124:4309-19. 1997....
- Mouse Wnt genes exhibit discrete domains of expression in the early embryonic CNS and limb budsB A Parr
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 119:247-61. 1993..We discuss the significance of these patterns of restricted and partially overlapping domains of expression with respect to the putative function of Wnt signalling in early CNS and limb development...
- Wnt and Bmp signalling cooperatively regulate graded Emx2 expression in the dorsal telencephalonThomas Theil
Institute for Animal Developmental and Molecular Biology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Development 129:3045-54. 2002..These results establish Emx2 as a direct transcriptional target of Wnt and Bmp signalling and provide insights into a genetic hierarchy involving Gli3, Emx2 and Bmp and Wnt genes in the control of dorsal telencephalic development...
- Expression patterns of Wnt genes in mouse gut developmentH Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Mech Dev 105:181-4. 2001..5. Wnt11 is highly expressed at the gastro-esophageal junctions, while Wnt4 is found in the epithelium lining the pyloric region of the stomach but not in the epithelium of the prospective gland region...
- T (Brachyury) is a direct target of Wnt3a during paraxial mesoderm specificationT P Yamaguchi
Department of Molecular Biology, Biological Laboratories, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA
Genes Dev 13:3185-90. 1999b>Wnt3a encodes a signal that is expressed in the primitive streak of the gastrulating mouse embryo and is required for paraxial mesoderm development. In its absence cells adopt ectopic neural fates...
- Characterization of mouse dishevelled (Dvl) proteins in Wnt/Wingless signaling pathwayJ S Lee
Department of Viral Oncology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:21464-70. 1999..These results are direct evidence that Dsh family proteins mediate a set of conserved biochemical processes in the Wnt/Wg signaling pathway...
- Expression of two members of the Wnt family during mouse development--restricted temporal and spatial patterns in the developing neural tubeH Roelink
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Beckman Center, Stanford University, California 94305
Genes Dev 5:381-8. 1991..Characteristic expression patterns of these two closely related genes suggest that Wnt-3 and Wnt-3A play distinct roles in cell-cell signaling during morphogenesis of the developing neural tube...
- Wnt-3a is required for somite specification along the anteroposterior axis of the mouse embryo and for regulation of cdx-1 expressionM Ikeya
Center for Molecular and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo ku, 606 8502, Kyoto, Japan
Mech Dev 103:27-33. 2001..These results indicate that Wnt-3a is necessary for correct anteroposterior patterning of vertebra, and that cdx-1 may be one of the mediator genes of Wnt-3a signaling in this process...
- Wnt3a plays a major role in the segmentation clock controlling somitogenesisAlexander Aulehla
Abteilung Entwicklungsbiologie, Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Dev Cell 4:395-406. 2003..Moreover, Wnt3a is required for oscillating Notch signaling activity in the PSM...
- Frizzled1 is a marker of inflammatory macrophages, and its ligand Wnt3a is involved in reprogramming Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected macrophagesJan Neumann
Division of Microbial Interface Biology, Research Center Borstel, Borstel, Germany
FASEB J 24:4599-612. 2010..tuberculosis that was synergistically enhanced in the presence of IFN-γ. Addition of the Fzd1 ligand Wnt3a induced Wnt/β-catenin signaling in murine macrophages that was inhibited in the presence of a soluble Fzd1/Fc ..
- Lack of the murine homeobox gene Hesx1 leads to a posterior transformation of the anterior forebrainCynthia L Andoniadou
Neural Development Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, WC1N 1EH, London, UK
Development 134:1499-508. 2007..However, conditional expression of Hesx1 within the AFB can rescue the forebrain defects observed in the Hesx1 mutants. The results presented here provide new insights into the function of Hesx1 in forebrain formation...
- A genome-wide study of gene activity reveals developmental signaling pathways in the preimplantation mouse embryoQ Tian Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Dev Cell 6:133-44. 2004..Overall, these data provide a detailed temporal profile of gene expression that reveals the richness of signaling processes in early mammalian development...
- Contrasting responses of lymphoid progenitors to canonical and noncanonical Wnt signalsSachin Malhotra
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Immunol 181:3955-64. 2008..We overexpressed Wnt3a, Wnt5a, and Dickkopf 1 in stromal cells from osteopetrotic mice and used them in coculture experiments with highly ..
- Effect of retinoic acid signaling on Wnt/beta-catenin and FGF signaling during body axis extensionXianling Zhao
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, Development and Aging Program, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 9:430-5. 2009..Following loss of RA signaling, the caudal expression domains of Fgf8, Wnt8a, and Wnt3a expand anteriorly into the trunk, but no change is observed in caudal expression of Fgf4 or Fgf17 plus caudal ..
- A physical map of the mouse shaker-2 region contains many of the genes commonly deleted in Smith-Magenis syndrome (del17p11.2p11.2)F J Probst
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Genomics 55:348-52. 1999..The gene order in this region is not perfectly conserved between mouse and human, a finding to be considered as we engineer a mouse model of Smith-Magenis syndrome...
- The expression of the mouse Zic1, Zic2, and Zic3 gene suggests an essential role for Zic genes in body pattern formationT Nagai
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Dev Biol 182:299-313. 1997..Furthermore, analysis of gene expression patterns in different mouse mutants indicated that Zic genes may act upstream of many known developmental regulatory genes...
- Regulation of in vitro vascular calcification by BMP4, VEGF and Wnt3aLyudmila Mikhaylova
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 81:372-81. 2007..In addition, these factors render VSMCs responsive to BMP4 and Wnt3a ligands...
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in murine hepatic transit amplifying progenitor cellsMin Hu
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Gastroenterology 133:1579-91. 2007..Because Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is a known regulatory pathway for liver development and regeneration, we studied the role of Wnt signaling in oval cells using a mouse model of chronic liver injury...
- FGF signaling regulates otic placode induction and refinement by controlling both ectodermal target genes and hindbrain Wnt8aLisa D Urness
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 N 2030 E, RM 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5330, USA
Dev Biol 340:595-604. 2010..Collectively, our results suggest that Wnt8a provides the link between FGF-induced formation of the pre-otic field and restriction of the otic placode to ectoderm adjacent to the hindbrain...
- Wnt3a promotes hippocampal neurogenesis by shortening cell cycle duration of neural progenitor cellsYutaka Yoshinaga
Division of Cell Fate Modulation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Honjo, Kumamoto, Japan
Cell Mol Neurobiol 30:1049-58. 2010..cells in the developing hippocampus, we prepared primary mouse hippocampal progenitors and treated them with Wnt3a in a chemically defined culture medium...
- A Wnt- and beta -catenin-dependent pathway for mammalian cardiac myogenesisTeruya Nakamura
Center for Cardiovascular Development and Department of Biochemistry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:5834-9. 2003..Notably, Wnt3A and Wnt8A were induced days before even the earliest cardiogenic transcription factors...
- Spasmodic, a mutation on chromosome 11 in the mouseP W Lane
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Hered 78:353-6. 1987..It is not an allele of spa and linkage tests show that this mutation is located close to vestigial tail (vt) near the center of chromosome 11...
- Homozygous Ft embryos are affected in floor plate maintenance and ventral neural tube patterningKatrin Götz
Institut für Entwicklungs und Molekularbiologie der Tiere EMT, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Dev Dyn 233:623-30. 2005....
- Antisense targeting of engrailed-1 causes abnormal axis formation in mouse embryosT W Sadler
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Teratology 51:292-9. 1995..Thus, in addition to participating in the signaling pathway for brain and limb development, En-1 appears to play a role in patterning the embryonic axis...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt pathway plays a critical role in early cardiomyogenesis by regulating canonical Wnt signalingAtsuhiko T Naito
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Circ Res 97:144-51. 2005..These results suggest that the PI3K pathway regulates cardiomyocyte differentiation through suppressing the GSK-3beta activity and maintaining the Wnt/beta-catenin activity...
- The evolutionarily conserved porcupine gene family is involved in the processing of the Wnt familyK Tanaka
Graduate Program for Regulation of Biological Signals, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 267:4300-11. 2000..These results demonstrate that the porc gene family encodes the multitransmembrane ER proteins, which are evolutionarily well conserved and involved in processing the Wnt family...
- Growth differentiation factor 11 signaling controls retinoic acid activity for axial vertebral developmentYoung Jae Lee
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Dev Biol 347:195-203. 2010....
- Developing with lethal RA levels: genetic ablation of Rarg can restore the viability of mice lacking Cyp26a1Suzan Abu-Abed
Cancer Research Labs, Queen s University, Kingston, ON K7L 3N6, Canada
Development 130:1449-59. 2003..We also show that activated RARgamma results in downregulation of Wnt3a and Fgf8, which integrate highly conserved signaling pathways known for their role in specifying caudal ..
- Functional ablation of the mouse Ldb1 gene results in severe patterning defects during gastrulationMahua Mukhopadhyay
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Development 130:495-505. 2003..The expression of several Wnt inhibitors is curtailed in the mutant, suggesting that Wnt pathways may be involved in axial patterning regulated by Ldb1...
- Snail family genes are required for left-right asymmetry determination, but not neural crest formation, in miceStephen A Murray
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:10300-4. 2006....
- Wnt-3a and Wnt-3 differently stimulate proliferation and neurogenesis of spinal neural precursors and promote neurite outgrowth by canonical signalingMonica D David
Laboratori d Investigacio, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, Departament de Ciencies Mediques Basiques, IRBLleida University of Lleida, Lleida, Spain
J Neurosci Res 88:3011-23. 2010..These findings may be of therapeutic interest for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases and nerve injury...
- Differential activity of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the embryonic mouse thalamusKrista K Bluske
Department of Neuroscience, and Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Dev Dyn 238:3297-309. 2009..Analysis of mice with enhanced or reduced Shh signal showed that Axin2 expression is similar to controls. These results suggest that differential Wnt signaling may play a role in patterning the thalamus independent of Shh signaling...
- Severe defects in the formation of epaxial musculature in open brain (opb) mutant mouse embryosR Spörle
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, Neuherberg, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Development 122:79-86. 1996..The implications of our findings for interactions between dorsal neural tube, surface ectoderm and dorsomedial somite regions in specifying epaxial musculature are discussed...
- A role for the Wnt gene family in hematopoiesis: expansion of multilineage progenitor cellsT W Austin
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 89:3624-35. 1997..We conclude that WNTs stimulate the survival/proliferation of hematopoietic progenitors, demonstrating that WNTs comprise a novel class of hematopoietic cell regulators...
- Canonical Wnt pathway signaling suppresses VCAM-1 expression by marrow stromal and hematopoietic cellsSachin Malhotra
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Exp Hematol 37:19-30. 2009..We now explore the influence of Wnt signaling on cellular adhesion molecule expression by bone marrow stromal and hematopoietic cells...
- Periodic activation of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling enhances somatic cell reprogramming mediated by cell fusionFrederic Lluis
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via P Castellino, 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Cell Stem Cell 3:493-507. 2008..We show here that cyclic activation of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in ESCs with Wnt3a or the glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) inhibitor 6-bromoindirubin-3'-oxime (BIO) strikingly enhances the ..
- Zic3 and the Control of Body Pattern FormationSTEPHANIE WARE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Through a combination of supervised research, scientific interchange, and selected coursework within this environment, the candidate will obtain the training necessary to transition to an independent investigator. ..
- Is non-canonical Wnt signaling required in cardiac neural crest cells?Ethan David Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This.information may lead to new detection or treatment strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Damage and regeneration in the hematopoietic systemTannishtha Reya; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, understanding the basis of impaired regeneration in the aging hematopoietic system may allow us to design novel means to improve the health and quality of life of aging patients. ..
- Regulation of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Self-RenewalTannishtha Reya; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..