Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WAVE2
Description: WAS protein family, member 2
Alias: AW742646, D4Ertd13e, WAVE2, wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein family member 2, WASP family protein member 2, protein WAVE-2
- Characterization of the WAVE1 knock-out mouse: implications for CNS developmentJohn P Dahl
Department of Molecular Genetics, Wyeth Research, Princeton, New Jersey 08543, USA
J Neurosci 23:3343-52. 2003..Our data indicate that WAVE1, although important for the general development of the CNS, is not essential for the formation and extension of neuritic processes...
- WAVE2 regulates meiotic spindle stability, peripheral positioning and polar body emission in mouse oocytesShao Chen Sun
Chungbuk National University Cheongju, Korea
Cell Cycle 10:1853-60. 2011..In the present study, the role of WASP family member WAVE2 in mouse oocyte asymmetric division was investigated...
- WAVE2 is required for directed cell migration and cardiovascular developmentDaisuke Yamazaki
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Mianato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Nature 424:452-6. 2003b>WAVE2, a protein related to Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein, is crucial for Rac-induced membrane ruffling, which is important in cell motility...
- WAVE2 deficiency reveals distinct roles in embryogenesis and Rac-mediated actin-based motilityCatherine Yan
Center for Blood Research, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
EMBO J 22:3602-12. 2003The Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome related protein WAVE2 is implicated in the regulation of actin-cytoskeletal reorganization downstream of the small Rho GTPase, Rac...
- Computational spatiotemporal analysis identifies WAVE2 and cofilin as joint regulators of costimulation-mediated T cell actin dynamicsKole T Roybal
School of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK Department of Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Sci Signal 9:rs3. 2016..that the primary effect of costimulation blockade was to decrease recruitment of the activator of actin nucleation WAVE2 (Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein family verprolin-homologous protein 2) and the actin-severing protein cofilin to ..
- The NESH/Abi-3-based WAVE2 complex is functionally distinct from the Abi-1-based WAVE2 complexSaki Sekino
School of Life Sciences, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Hachioji, Tokyo, 192 0392, Japan
Cell Commun Signal 13:41. 2015..It has been disclosed that Abi-1 acts as a bridge between c-Abl and WAVE2, and c-Abl-mediated WAVE2 phosphorylation promotes actin remodeling...
- A WAVE2-Abi1 complex mediates CSF-1-induced F-actin-rich membrane protrusions and migration in macrophagesWassim Abou Kheir
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York City, NY 10461, USA
J Cell Sci 118:5369-79. 2005..We found that WAVE2 was the predominant isoform to be expressed in primary macrophages and in cells derived from the murine monocyte/..
- Sra-1 and Nap1 link Rac to actin assembly driving lamellipodia formationAnika Steffen
German Research Centre for Biotechnology, Department of Cell Biology, Braunschweig, Germany
EMBO J 23:749-59. 2004..we show that the specifically Rac1-associated protein-1 (Sra-1) and Nck-associated protein 1 (Nap1) interact with WAVE2 and Abi-1 (e3B1) in resting cells or upon Rac activation...
- WAVE2-Abi2 complex controls growth cone activity and regulates the multipolar-bipolar transition as well as the initiation of glia-guided migrationMin Jue Xie
Division of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Department of Morphological and Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Cereb Cortex 23:1410-23. 2013..These growth cone activities are regulated by Abl kinase and Cdk5 via WAVE2-Abi2 through the phosphorylation of tyrosine 150 and serine 137 of WAVE2...
- Wasf2: a novel target of intermittent parathyroid hormone administrationMaki Uyama
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8586, Japan
Int J Mol Med 31:1243-7. 2013....
- Role of nucleation-promoting factors in mouse early embryo developmentQiao Chu Wang
College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Microsc Microanal 19:559-64. 2013During mitosis nucleation-promoting factors (NPFs) bind to the Arp2/3 complex and activate actin assembly. JMY and WAVE2 are two critical members of the NPFs...
- Cdc42 interacts with the exocyst complex to promote phagocytosisSina Mohammadi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Cell Biol 200:81-93. 2013..Furthermore, disruption of exocyst function through Exo70 depletion led to a defect in large particle internalization, thereby establishing a functional role for the exocyst complex during phagocytosis...
- Nucleation promoting factors regulate the expression and localization of Arp2/3 complex during meiosis of mouse oocytesJun Liu
College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e52277. 2012..In the present work, we identified that the nucleation promoting factors (NPFs) JMY and WAVE2 were necessary for the expression and localization of Arp2/3 complex in mouse oocytes...
- Degradation of actin nucleators affects cortical polarity of aged mouse oocytesShao Chen Sun
Department of Animal Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, South Korea
Fertil Steril 97:984-90. 2012..To investigate the molecular mechanism of mouse oocyte polarity loss during aging...
- mDia1 and WAVE2 proteins interact directly with IRSp53 in filopodia and are involved in filopodium formationWah Ing Goh
Institute of Medical Biology, 8A Biomedical Grove, Immunos, Singapore 138655
J Biol Chem 287:4702-14. 2012..The Src homology 3 domain of IRSp53 binds to the actin regulators Mena, Eps8, WAVE1, WAVE2, mDia1, and mDia2. We show that mDia1 and WAVE2 synergize with IRSp53 to form filopodia...
- Rac1 GTPase-deficient mouse lens exhibits defects in shape, suture formation, fiber cell migration and survivalRupalatha Maddala
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Dev Biol 360:30-43. 2011....
- Phosphorylation of WAVE2 by MAP kinases regulates persistent cell migration and polarityChristopher M Danson
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medical and Veterinary Sciences, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
J Cell Sci 120:4144-54. 2007..been implicated in the stimulus-dependent generation of lamellipodia at the leading edge of migrating cells, with WAVE2 in particular implicated in the formation of peripheral ruffles and chemotactic migration...
- Essential role for Abi1 in embryonic survival and WAVE2 complex integrityPatrycja M Dubielecka
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:7022-7. 2011Abl interactor 1 (Abi1) plays a critical function in actin cytoskeleton dynamics through participation in the WAVE2 complex...
- WAVE2 forms a complex with PKA and is involved in PKA enhancement of membrane protrusionsHiroshi Yamashita
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:3907-14. 2011..Here, we show that PKA forms a complex with WAVE2 (Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein family verprolin-homologous protein 2) in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells and ..
- Endothelial cell migration during murine yolk sac vascular remodeling occurs by means of a Rac1 and FAK activation pathway in vivoJosephine M Enciso
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Dev Dyn 239:2570-83. 2010....
- The actin polymerization regulator WAVE2 is required for early bone marrow repopulation by hematopoietic stem cellsTakunori Ogaeri
Division of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Stem Cells 27:1120-9. 2009..We here showed that CD34(-/low)c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+)lineage(-) HSCs (CD34(-)KSL HSCs) express WAVE2 but neither WAVE1 nor WAVE3...
- Neutrophils establish rapid and robust WAVE complex polarity in an actin-dependent fashionArthur Millius
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Curr Biol 19:253-9. 2009..Under these conditions, the WAVE complex no longer polarizes, despite the presence of strong external gradients. Thus, actin polymer and the WAVE complex reciprocally interact during polarization...
- Regulation of WAVE1 expression in macrophages at multiple levelsHang Dinh
Arthritis and Inflammation Research Centre and CRC for Chronic Inflammatory Diseases, University of Melbourne, Department of Medicine, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
J Leukoc Biol 84:1483-91. 2008..b>WAVE2 but not WAVE1 has been considered significant for macrophage function...
- Membrane targeting of WAVE2 is not sufficient for WAVE2-dependent actin polymerization: a role for IRSp53 in mediating the interaction between Rac and WAVE2Wassim Abou-Kheir
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Cell Sci 121:379-90. 2008..53 (IRSp53) or a complex of proteins containing Abelson interactor protein 1 (Abi1) mediates the interaction of WAVE2 and Rac...
- IRSp53 is an essential intermediate between Rac and WAVE in the regulation of membrane rufflingH Miki
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, and CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation
Nature 408:732-5. 2000..From studies of ectopic expression, we found that IRSp53 is essential for Rac to induce membrane ruffling, probably because it recruits WAVE, which stimulates actin polymerization mediated by the Arp2/3 complex...
- The WAVE2/Abi1 complex differentially regulates megakaryocyte development and spreading: implications for platelet biogenesis and spreading machineryKoji Eto
Laboratory of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Experimental Medicine, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Blood 110:3637-47. 2007..While MKs and platelets principally express WAVE1 and WAVE2, which are associated with Abi1, the physiologic significance of WAVE isoforms remains undefined...
- Effect of WAVE2 phosphorylation on activation of the Arp2/3 complexOsamu Nakanishi
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Biochem 141:319-25. 2007..The WAVE family comprises three proteins, namely, WAVE1, WAVE2 and WAVE3...
- NESH (Abi-3) is present in the Abi/WAVE complex but does not promote c-Abl-mediated phosphorylationNoriko Hirao
School of Life Sciences, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
FEBS Lett 580:6464-70. 2006..Previous studies showed that Abi-1 promotes c-Abl-mediated phosphorylation of Mammalian Enabled (Mena) and WAVE2. In addition to Abi-1, mammals possess Abi-2 and NESH (Abi-3)...
- c-Abl interacts with the WAVE2 signaling complex to induce membrane ruffling and cell spreadingJeremy R Stuart
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:31290-7. 2006The Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome-related protein WAVE2 promotes Arp2/3-dependent actin polymerization downstream of Rho-GTPase activation...
- WAVE1 is required for oligodendrocyte morphogenesis and normal CNS myelinationHyun Ju Kim
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 26:5849-59. 2006..Together, these data demonstrate a role for WAVE1 in oligodendrocyte morphogenesis and myelination...
- Rac-WAVE2 signaling is involved in the invasive and metastatic phenotypes of murine melanoma cellsShusaku Kurisu
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Oncogene 24:1309-19. 2005..We show that WAVEs, especially WAVE2, are essential for invasion and metastasis of melanoma cells...
- N-WASP and WAVE2 acting downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase are required for myogenic cell migration induced by hepatocyte growth factorKazuhiro Kawamura
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, Yayoicho, Inageku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:54862-71. 2004..Endogenous N-WASP and WAVE2 were concentrated in the lamellipodia at the leading edge of the migrating cells...
- PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 binding is necessary for WAVE2-induced formation of lamellipodiaTsukasa Oikawa
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:420-6. 2004..Here, we report that WAVE2 binds to PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3) through its basic domain...
- FBP11 regulates nuclear localization of N-WASP and inhibits N-WASP-dependent microspike formationKiyohito Mizutani
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 313:468-74. 2004..These results indicate that FBP11 regulates localization of N-WASP, thus negatively regulating the function of N-WASP in the cytoplasm...
- Genomic organization and expression profile of the human and mouse WAVE gene familyKhalid Sossey-Alaoui
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, 110 C and V Building, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Mamm Genome 14:314-22. 2003..During our analysis of the human gene map, we also noted that WAVE2 maps to Chr region lp35-36, which frequently undergoes loss of heterozygosity and deletion in advanced stage ..
- IRSp53 is colocalised with WAVE2 at the tips of protruding lamellipodia and filopodia independently of MenaHiroyuki Nakagawa
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Billrothstrasse 11, Salzburg A 5020, Austria
J Cell Sci 116:2577-83. 2003The insulin receptor tyrosine kinase substrate p53 (IRSp53) links Rac and WAVE2 and has been implicated in lamellipodia protrusion. Recently, however, IRSp53 has been reported to bind to both Cdc42 and Mena to induce filopodia...
- Involvement of the Arp2/3 complex and Scar2 in Golgi polarity in scratch wound modelsJuana Magdalena
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 14:670-84. 2003..Furthermore, in NIH 3T3 cells, Scar2 and the Arp2/3 complex appear to be involved in the establishment and maintenance of Golgi polarity during directed migration...
- Small GTPase Rah/Rab34 is associated with membrane ruffles and macropinosomes and promotes macropinosome formationPeng Sun
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, and Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, Yayoicho, Inageku, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:4063-71. 2003..Rah-promoted macropinosome formation was retarded by dominant-negative mutants of Rac1 and WAVE2, which are essential for membrane ruffling...
- Molecular Cloning of the Wilms tumor Gene from 7p15-21Khalid Sossey Alaoui; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the nature of the genetic events which allow these cells to escape their normal growth regulation may also provide an opportunity for therapeutic intervention. ..