Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vwf
Description: Von Willebrand factor
Alias: 6820430P06Rik, AI551257, B130011O06Rik, C630030D09, F8VWF, VWD, von Willebrand factor, Von Willebrand factor homolog, vwf
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- High affinity VEGF binding and developmental expression suggest Flk-1 as a major regulator of vasculogenesis and angiogenesisB Millauer
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 72:835-46. 1993....
- Localized reduction of atherosclerosis in von Willebrand factor-deficient miceN Methia
Center for Blood Research and the Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 98:1424-8. 2001To examine the role of the platelet adhesion molecule von Willebrand factor (vWf) in atherogenesis, vWf-deficient mice (vWf-/-) were bred with mice lacking the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR-/-) on a C57BL/6J background...
- Expression of the tight junction protein ZO-1 in the olfactory system: presence of ZO-1 on olfactory sensory neurons and glial cellsF Miragall
Institut fur Anatomie, Universitat Regensburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 341:433-48. 1994..Our results provide further evidence that ZO-1 serves functions unrelated to the tight junction complex and indicate molecular heterogeneity of these cell-cell contacts...
- Tubedown-1 in remodeling of the developing vitreal vasculature in vivo and regulation of capillary outgrowth in vitroH Paradis
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s NF, A1B 3V6, Canada
Dev Biol 249:140-55. 2002..vitreal blood vessels of TGF-beta2(-/-) mice, while maintaining expression of the endothelial marker von Willebrand Factor, show a significant decrease in the expression of tbdn-1...
- Role of thrombospondin-1 in control of von Willebrand factor multimer size in miceJohn E Pimanda
Centre for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales and the Department of Haematology, The Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales 2052, Australia
J Biol Chem 279:21439-48. 2004Plasma von Willebrand factor (VWF) is a multimeric glycoprotein from endothelial cells and platelets that mediates adhesion of platelets to sites of vascular injury...
- Inhibition of distal lung morphogenesis in Nkx2.1(-/-) embryosB Yuan
Department of Pediatrics, Women s and Children s Hospital, USC School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Dev Dyn 217:180-90. 2000..1 independent, while distal lung morphogenesis appears to be strictly dependent on the wild-type activity of Nkx2.1...
- von Willebrand disease in the RIIIS/J mouse is caused by a defect outside of the von Willebrand factor geneW C Nichols
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ann Arbor, MI
Blood 83:3225-31. 1994..Murine vWD is characterized by a prolonged bleeding time, normal von Willebrand factor (vWF) multimer distribution, autosomal dominant inheritance, and proportionately decreased plasma vWF ..
- A novel modifier gene for plasma von Willebrand factor level maps to distal mouse chromosome 11K L Mohlke
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:15352-7. 1996Type 1 von Willebrand disease (VWD), characterized by reduced levels of plasma von Willebrand factor (VWF), is the most common inherited bleeding disorder in humans...
- A mouse model of severe von Willebrand disease: defects in hemostasis and thrombosisC Denis
The Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9524-9. 1998b>von Willebrand factor (vWf) deficiency causes severe von Willebrand disease in humans. We generated a mouse model for this disease by using gene targeting. vWf-deficient mice appeared normal at birth; they were viable and fertile...
- Platelets adhere to and translocate on von Willebrand factor presented by endothelium in stimulated veinsP Andre
Center for Blood Research and the Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 96:3322-8. 2000..s, and then adhesion progressively decreased. This adhesion process was dependent on von Willebrand factor (vWF) and independent of P-selectin...
- Activated platelets induce Weibel-Palade-body secretion and leukocyte rolling in vivo: role of P-selectinVandana S Dole
CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 106:2334-9. 2005..Endothelial P-selectin is stored with von Willebrand factor (VWF) in Weibel-Palade bodies...
- Correction of a murine model of von Willebrand disease by gene transferRobert G Pergolizzi
Department of Genetic Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 515 E 71st St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 108:862-9. 2006..S. population, is caused by defects in the expression and processing of von Willebrand factor (VWF), a blood glycoprotein required for normal hemostasis that mediates the adhesion of platelets to ..
- Enhanced VWF biosynthesis and elevated plasma VWF due to a natural variant in the murine Vwf geneHeidi L Lemmerhirt
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan, 210 Washtenaw, Life Sciences Institute, Rm 5028, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Blood 108:3061-7. 2006Both genetic and environmental influences contribute to the wide variation in plasma von Willebrand factor (VWF) levels observed in humans...
- Redundant roles of Sox17 and Sox18 in postnatal angiogenesis in miceToshiyasu Matsui
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Cell Sci 119:3513-26. 2006..Therefore, our findings indicate that Sox17 and Sox18, and possibly all three SoxF genes, are cooperatively involved in mammalian vascular development...
- Genetic regulation of plasma von Willebrand factor levels: quantitative trait loci analysis in a mouse modelH L Lemmerhirt
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Thromb Haemost 5:329-35. 2007The genetic factors responsible for the wide variation in plasma von Willebrand factor (VWF) levels observed among individuals are largely unknown, although these genes are also likely to contribute to variability in the severity of von ..
- The combined roles of ADAMTS13 and VWF in murine models of TTP, endotoxemia, and thrombosisAnil K Chauhan
CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 111:3452-7. 2008Ultralarge von Willebrand factor (UL-VWF) multimers are thought to play a central role in pathogenesis of the disease thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP); however, experimental evidence in support of this hypothesis has been ..
- Correction of bleeding symptoms in von Willebrand factor-deficient mice by liver-expressed von Willebrand factor mutantsIsabelle Marx
INSERM U770, 80 rue du General Leclerc, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:419-24. 2008b>von Willebrand Factor (vWF) structure-function relationship has been studied only in vitro...
- Altered thrombus formation in von Willebrand factor-deficient mice expressing von Willebrand factor variants with defective binding to collagen or GPIIbIIIaIsabelle Marx
Inserm U770 and Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Blood 112:603-9. 2008The role of von Willebrand factor (VWF) in thrombosis involves its binding to a number of ligands...
- Mutation and ADAMTS13-dependent modulation of disease severity in a mouse model for von Willebrand disease type 2BJulie Rayes
Inserm U770 and Universite Paris Sud, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Blood 115:4870-7. 2010Von Willebrand disease (VWD)-type 2B originates from a gain-of-function mutation in von Willebrand factor (VWF), resulting in enhanced platelet binding...
- An experimental model to study the in vivo survival of von Willebrand factor. Basic aspects and application to the R1205H mutationPeter J Lenting
Laboratory for Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Department of Haematology G 03 647, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3465 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 279:12102-9. 2004To explore the molecular basis of von Willebrand factor (VWF) clearance, an experimental model employing VWF-deficient mice was developed...
- von Willebrand factor and factor VIII are independently required to form stable occlusive thrombi in injured veinsAnil K Chauhan
CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 109:2424-9. 2007b>von Willebrand factor (VWF) protects factor VIII (FVIII) from proteolysis and mediates the initial contact of platelets with the injured vessel wall, thus playing an important role in hemostasis and thrombosis...
- Enhanced expression of the tie receptor tyrosine kinase in endothelial cells during neovascularizationJ Korhonen
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Blood 80:2548-55. 1992..These results suggest that tie may have a role in neovascularization...
- Involvement of the proto-oncogene c-ets 1 and the urokinase plasminogen activator during mouse implantation and placentationD Grevin
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, CNRS URA 1160, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Int J Dev Biol 37:519-29. 1993..Until E 10.5, u-PA is expressed neither in embryonic nor in extra-embryonic structures. The respective roles of c-ets 1 and u-PA and their relationship during mammalian placentation are discussed...
- Flt-1 lacking the tyrosine kinase domain is sufficient for normal development and angiogenesis in miceS Hiratsuka
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9349-54. 1998..These results indicate that Flt-1 without tyrosine kinase domain is sufficient to allow embryonic development with normal angiogenesis, and that a receptor tyrosine kinase plays a main biological role as a ligand-binding molecule...
- Differential regulation of the von Willebrand factor and Flt-1 promoters in the endothelium of hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase-targeted miceTakashi Minami
Department of Molecular Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Blood 100:4019-25. 2002..In the present study, we have used such an approach to target the promoters of 2 different genes, namely von Willebrand factor (VWF) and Flt-1, to the hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase (Hprt) gene locus...
- Suppression of Notch signalling by the COUP-TFII transcription factor regulates vein identityLi Ru You
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nature 435:98-104. 2005..Thus, COUP-TFII has a critical role in repressing Notch signalling to maintain vein identity, which suggests that vein identity is under genetic control and is not derived by a default pathway...
- Conditional knockout of focal adhesion kinase in endothelial cells reveals its role in angiogenesis and vascular development in late embryogenesisTang Long Shen
Department of Molecular Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Cell Biol 169:941-52. 2005..Together, these results strongly suggest a role of FAK in angiogenesis and vascular development due to its essential function in the regulation of multiple EC activities...
- Bruton tyrosine kinase is essential for botrocetin/VWF-induced signaling and GPIb-dependent thrombus formation in vivoJunling Liu
Department of Biology, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Blood 108:2596-603. 2006Botrocetin (bt)-facilitated binding of von Willebrand factor (VWF) to the platelet membrane glycoprotein (GP) Ib-IX-V complex on platelets in suspension initiates a signaling cascade that causes alphaIIbbeta3 activation and platelet ..
- Chondromodulin-I maintains cardiac valvular function by preventing angiogenesisMasatoyo Yoshioka
Department of Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nat Med 12:1151-9. 2006..These findings provide evidence that chondromodulin-I has a pivotal role in maintaining valvular normal function by preventing angiogenesis that may lead to VHD...
- Mice lacking the extracellular matrix protein MAGP1 display delayed thrombotic occlusion following vessel injuryClaudio C Werneck
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Blood 111:4137-44. 2008..In ligand blot assays, MAGP1 bound to fibronectin, fibrinogen, and von Willebrand factor, but von Willebrand factor was the only protein of the 3 that bound to MAGP1 in surface plasmon resonance ..
- Tie2Cre-mediated inactivation of plexinD1 results in congenital heart, vascular and skeletal defectsYing Zhang
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 325:82-93. 2009..These results demonstrate an important role for PlexinD1 in embryonic and adult vasculature...
- Ankrd17, an ubiquitously expressed ankyrin factor, is essential for the vascular integrity during embryogenesisShin Chen Hou
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
FEBS Lett 583:2765-71. 2009..The Ankrd17-deficient mice also provide a new animal model for the analysis of the regulatory pathways of the differentiation of vSMC precursor cells...
- Heparanase, heparan sulfate and perlecan distribution along with the vascular penetration during stellate reticulum retraction in the mouse enamel organHiroko Ida-Yonemochi
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Tissue Regeneration and Reconstruction, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 2 5274 Gakkocho dori, Chuo Ku, Niigata 951 8514, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 55:778-87. 2010....
- Endothelial von Willebrand factor regulates angiogenesisRichard D Starke
Cardiovascular Sciences, National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College Academic Health Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, London, UK
Blood 117:1071-80. 2011..VWD is caused by a defect or deficiency in von Willebrand factor (VWF), a glycoprotein essential for normal hemostasis that is involved in inflammation...
- Paternal MHC expression on mouse trophoblast affects uterine vascularization and fetal growthZofia Madeja
Laboratory for Epigenetics, The Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge CB22 3AT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4012-7. 2011..Thus, maternal-fetal immune interactions are instrumental to optimize reproductive success. This cross-talk has important implications for human disorders of pregnancy, such as preeclampsia and fetal growth restriction...
- Insight into interactions of the von-Willebrand-factor-A-like domain 2 with the FNIII-like domain 9 of collagen VII by NMR and SPRSarah Leineweber
Institute of Chemistry, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
FEBS Lett 585:1748-52. 2011..Based on these assignments a secondary structure prediction was performed showing a properly folded protein. An interaction of mvWFA2 with its neighboring domain mFNIII-9 was characterized with NMR spectroscopy and SPR...
- Platelets, inflammatory cells, von Willebrand factor, syndecan-1, fibrin, fibronectin, and bacteria co-localize in the liver thrombi of Bacillus anthracis-infected miceTaissia G Popova
National Center for Biodefense and Infectious Diseases, George Mason University, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
Microb Pathog 52:1-9. 2012..for syndecan-1 (SDC-1), fibronectin, and were surrounded by fibrin polymers, GPIIb-positive platelets, von Willebrand Factor (vWF), CD45-positive leukocytes, and massive amount of shed SDC-1...
- Prox1 dosage controls the number of lymphatic endothelial cell progenitors and the formation of the lymphovenous valvesR Sathish Srinivasan
Department of Genetics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Genes Dev 25:2187-97. 2011..This is the first report describing the molecular mechanism controlling lymphovenous communication...
- Cadherin 6 has a functional role in platelet aggregation and thrombus formationEimear Dunne
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:1724-31. 2012..The aim of this study was to characterize the role of cadherin 6 in platelet function...
- Contribution of platelet vs. endothelial VWF to platelet adhesion and hemostasisS Kanaji
Blood Research Institute, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Research Institute, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Thromb Haemost 10:1646-52. 2012b>von Willebrand factor (VWF) is a glycoprotein that plays an important role in primary hemostasis. VWF is synthesized and stored in endothelial cells (ECs) and megakaryocytes/platelets...
- A murine model to characterize the antithrombotic effect of molecules targeting human von Willebrand factorAna Maria Navarrete
INSERM U770, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Blood 120:2723-32. 2012b>von Willebrand factor (VWF) is a promising target for developing antithrombotic drugs. The absence of accessible animal models impedes the study of specific human VWF (huVWF) targeting molecules in thrombosis...
- TAK1 kinase signaling regulates embryonic angiogenesis by modulating endothelial cell survival and migrationSho Morioka
Department of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
Blood 120:3846-57. 2012..Our results show that endothelial TAK1 signaling is important for 2 biologic processes in angiogenesis: inhibiting TNF-dependent endothelial cell death and promoting TNF-independent angiogenic cell migration...
- A novel B-domain O-glycoPEGylated FVIII (N8-GP) demonstrates full efficacy and prolonged effect in hemophilic mice modelsHenning R Stennicke
Novo Nordisk, Måløv, Denmark
Blood 121:2108-16. 2013..Binding to von Willebrand factor (VWF) was maintained for all conjugates...
- Endothelial Von Willebrand factor promotes blood-brain barrier flexibility and provides protection from hypoxia and seizures in miceGeorgette L Suidan
Immune Disease Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:2112-20. 2013..b>von Willebrand factor (VWF) is stored in endothelial Weibel-Palade bodies from where it is released on activation into plasma ..
- Accelerated uptake of VWF/platelet complexes in macrophages contributes to VWD type 2B-associated thrombocytopeniaCaterina Casari
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unit 770, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Blood 122:2893-902. 2013Von Willebrand disease (VWD) type 2B is characterized by mutations causing enhanced binding of von Willebrand factor (VWF) to platelets...
- Expression of a structurally constrained von Willebrand factor variant triggers acute thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in miceYoko Morioka
Kyoto University, Career Path Unit for Young Life Scientists, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 123:3344-53. 2014..with a thrombospondin type 1 motif, member 13 (ADAMTS13), the enzyme responsible for cleaving ultra-large von Willebrand factor (VWF) multimers into nonthrombogenic fragments...
- Increased hematopoiesis in long-term bone marrow cultures and reduced irradiation-induced pulmonary fibrosis in Von Willebrand factor homologous deletion recombinant miceByung Han Rhieu
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, U S A
In Vivo 28:449-56. 2014We investigated whether homologous recombinant deletion of the endothelial cell-specific protein Von Willebrand factor (vWF) affected hematopoiesis in long-term bone marrow cultures, and irradiation induction of pulmonary fibrosis/..
- Combined genetic effects of EGLN1 and VWF modulate thrombotic outcome in hypoxia revealed by Ayurgenomics approachShilpi Aggarwal
Genomics and Molecular Medicine, CSIR Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Sukhdev Vihar, Mathura Road, New Delhi, India
J Transl Med 13:184. 2015..In this study we investigate other molecular differences that contribute to systemic attributes of Prakriti that would be relevant in predictive marker discovery...
- SNAP23 Regulates Endothelial Exocytosis of von Willebrand FactorQiuyu Martin Zhu
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, United States of America Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0118737. 2015..We now identify SNAP23 as the predominant endothelial SNAP isoform that mediates endothelial exocytosis of von Willebrand Factor (VWF). SNAP23 was localized to the plasma membrane...
- The Poly(C) Binding Protein Pcbp2 and Its Retrotransposed Derivative Pcbp1 Are Independently Essential to Mouse DevelopmentLouis R Ghanem
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Division, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA Department of Genetics, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Cell Biol 36:304-19. 2015..These data further provide direct evidence that Pcbp1, a retrotransposed derivative of Pcpb2, has evolved an essential function(s) in the mammalian genome. ..
- Shear-Resistant Binding to von Willebrand Factor Allows Staphylococcus lugdunensis to Adhere to the Cardiac Valves and Initiate EndocarditisLaurens Liesenborghs
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, KU Leuven, Belgium
J Infect Dis 213:1148-56. 2016..lugdunensis requires mechanisms to overcome shear stress. We investigated whether platelets and von Willebrand factor (VWF) mediate bacterial adhesion to the vessel wall and the cardiac valves under flow.
- Distinct alpha 7A beta 1 and alpha 7B beta 1 integrin expression patterns during mouse development: alpha 7A is restricted to skeletal muscle but alpha 7B is expressed in striated muscle, vasculature, and nervous systemT Velling
Department of Animal Physiology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Dev Dyn 207:355-71. 1996..We conclude that the alpha 7A and alpha 7B integrin variants are expressed in a developmentally regulated, tissue-specific pattern suggesting different functions for the two splice forms...
- Fli-1 is required for murine vascular and megakaryocytic development and is hemizygously deleted in patients with thrombocytopeniaA Hart
Program in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Immunity 13:167-77. 2000..We map the megakaryocytic defects in 14 Jacobsen patients to a minimal region on 11q that includes the Fli-1 gene and suggest that dysmegakaryopoiesis in these patients may be caused by hemizygous loss of Fli-1...
- Distinctive functions of membrane type 1 matrix-metalloprotease (MT1-MMP or MMP-14) in lung and submandibular gland development are independent of its role in pro-MMP-2 activationSamantha A Oblander
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Dev Biol 277:255-69. 2005....
- RhoJ/TCL regulates endothelial motility and tube formation and modulates actomyosin contractility and focal adhesion numbersSukhbir Kaur
CRUK Molecular Angiogenesis Laboratory, Institute for Biomedical Research, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:657-64. 2011..RhoJ/TCL was identified by our group as an endothelial-expressed Rho GTPase. The aim of this study was to determine its tissue distribution, subcellular localization, and function in endothelial migration and tube formation...
- Humanized mouse model of thrombosis is predictive of the clinical efficacy of antiplatelet agentsJorge Magallon
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Circulation 123:319-26. 2011..In vivo testing of novel antiplatelet agents requires informative biomarkers. By genetically modifying mouse von Willebrand factor (VWF(R1326H)), we have developed a small animal model that supports human but not mouse platelet-mediated ..
- Role of corin in trophoblast invasion and uterine spiral artery remodelling in pregnancyYujie Cui
Molecular Cardiology, Nephrology and Hypertension, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Nature 484:246-50. 2012..These results indicate that corin and ANP are essential for physiological changes at the maternal-fetal interface, suggesting that defects in corin and ANP function may contribute to pre-eclampsia...
- Cytoplasmic plaque formation in hemidesmosome development is dependent on SoxF transcription factor functionShelly Oommen
Craniofacial Development and Stem cell biology, and Biomedical Research Centre, Dental Institute, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e43857. 2012..Our data suggest that SOXF transcription factors play a role in regulating formation of cytoplasmic plaque protein assembly, and that disrupted SOXF function results in epidermolysis bullosa-like skin phenotypes...
- Knockout of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor impairs distal lung morphogenesisRalph Epaud
Inserm UMRS 938, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e48071. 2012..Lethal respiratory failure in neonatal IGF-1R knockout mice suggested a particular role for this receptor in pulmonary development, and we therefore investigated the consequences of IGF-1R inactivation in lung tissue...
- Endocardial cells form the coronary arteries by angiogenesis through myocardial-endocardial VEGF signalingBingruo Wu
Departments of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Cell 151:1083-96. 2012..This information may help develop better cell therapies for coronary artery disease...
- Role of RNA splicing in mediating lineage-specific expression of the von Willebrand factor gene in the endotheliumLei Yuan
Center for Vascular Biology Research, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Blood 121:4404-12. 2013We previously demonstrated that the first intron of the human von Willebrand factor (vWF) is required for gene expression in the endothelium of transgenic mice...
- Hypoxia results in upregulation and de novo activation of von Willebrand factor expression in lung endothelial cellsAnahita Mojiri
Departments of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:1329-38. 2013Increased von Willebrand factor (VWF) levels in lungs are associated with diseases such as pulmonary hypertension...
- Ultralarge von Willebrand factor fibers mediate luminal Staphylococcus aureus adhesion to an intact endothelial cell layer under shear stressKarin I Pappelbaum
Experimental Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Circulation 128:50-9. 2013..However, molecular mechanisms mediating initial bacterial adhesion to morphologically intact endocardium are largely unknown...
- Abl kinases are required for vascular function, Tie2 expression, and angiopoietin-1-mediated survivalElizabeth M Chislock
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:12432-7. 2013..These findings reveal a critical requirement for the Abl kinases in vascular development and function, which may have important implications for the clinical use of Abl kinase inhibitors. ..
- von Willebrand disease in the RIIIS/J mouse is caused by a defect outside of the von Willebrand factor geneW C Nichols
Blood 86:2461. 1995
- Conserved linkage of neurotrophin-3 and von Willebrand factor on mouse chromosome 6L L Barrow
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0618
Mamm Genome 4:343-5. 1993
- The localization of the von Willebrand factor gene on cattle, sheep and goat chromosomes illustrates karyotype evolution in mammalsN Janel
INSERM, U 143, Unité de Recherches sur l Hémostase et la Thrombose, Hopital de Bicetre, 94275 Bicêtre, France
Mamm Genome 7:633-4. 1996
- FISH mapping of the porcine vWF gene to chromosome 5q21 extends synteny homology with human chromosome 12A Sjoberg
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Hereditas 124:199-202. 1996
- Impaired platelet aggregation and sustained bleeding in mice lacking the fibrinogen motif bound by integrin alpha IIb beta 3K Holmbäck
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
EMBO J 15:5760-71. 1996..Despite the preservation of clotting function, gamma delta 5/gamma delta 5 mice were unable to control blood loss following a surgical challenge and occasionally developed fatal neonatal bleeding events...
- Differential onset of expression of alpha 7 and beta 1D integrins during mouse heart and skeletal muscle developmentM Brancaccio
Department of Genetics, Biology and Medical Chemistry, University of Torino, Italy
Cell Adhes Commun 5:193-205. 1998..In conclusion these data show that the expression of the beta 1D muscle specific integrin during development occurs much earlier in heart than in skeletal muscle and it can dimerize with different alpha subunits...
- Vascular development in the mouse embryonic pancreas and lungK L Colen
Department of Surgery, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016, USA
J Pediatr Surg 34:781-5. 1999..Understanding the role of vasculogenic peptides in normal embryonic development also may have important implications for common clinical problems regarding neonatal pulmonary vasculature...
- Endoglin, an ancillary TGFbeta receptor, is required for extraembryonic angiogenesis and plays a key role in heart developmentH M Arthur
SMIVS, School of Biochemistry and Genetics, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 217:42-53. 2000..We anticipate that heterozygous mice will ultimately serve as a useful disease model for HHT1, as some individuals have dilated and fragile blood vessels similar to vascular malformations seen in HHT patients...
- Interleukin 11 significantly increases plasma von Willebrand factor and factor VIII in wild type and von Willebrand disease mouse modelsC V Denis
The Center for Blood Research and the Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115 6399, USA
Blood 97:465-72. 2001Interleukin (IL)-11 is a cytokine with thrombopoietic activity that has been shown to increase plasma von Willebrand factor (vWf) in preliminary clinical studies...
- Insights from von Willebrand disease animal modelsC V Denis
The Center for Blood Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 56:977-90. 1999von Willebrand disease is a genetic bleeding disorder that arises from abnormalities in von Willebrand factor, an adhesive glycoprotein involved in both primary hemostasis and coagulation...
- Lung hypoplasia and neonatal death in Fgf9-null mice identify this gene as an essential regulator of lung mesenchymeJ S Colvin
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, Campus Box 8103, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 128:2095-106. 2001..We suggest a model whereby FGF9 signaling from the epithelium and reciprocal FGF10 signaling from the mesenchyme coordinately regulate epithelial airway branching and organ size during lung embryogenesis...
- Hypoxia in cartilage: HIF-1alpha is essential for chondrocyte growth arrest and survivalE Schipani
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Genes Dev 15:2865-76. 2001....
- Defective valves and abnormal mural cell recruitment underlie lymphatic vascular failure in lymphedema distichiasisTatiana V Petrova
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 8, P O B 63, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Nat Med 10:974-81. 2004..Our results indicate that an abnormal interaction between the lymphatic endothelial cells and pericytes, as well as valve defects, underlie the pathogenesis of LD...
- Intracellular interaction of von Willebrand factor and factor VIII depends on cellular context: lessons from platelet-expressed factor VIIIHelen Yarovoi
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 105:4674-6. 2005..Studies by others in various cell lines have suggested that having von Willebrand factor (VWF) coexpression is necessary for FVIII granular storage and for its secretion...
- Fibrinogen and von Willebrand factor-independent platelet aggregation in vitro and in vivoH Yang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 4:2230-7. 2006Fibrinogen (Fg) has been considered essential for platelet aggregation. However, we recently demonstrated formation of occlusive thrombi in Fg-deficient mice and in mice doubly deficient for Fg and von Willebrand factor (Fg/VWF(-/-)).
- von Willebrand factor and transforming growth factor-beta modulate immune response against coagulation factor VIII in FVIII-deficient miceAde Kallas
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, Riia 23, Tartu, 51010, Estonia
Thromb Res 120:911-9. 2007..We used FVIII-deficient mice to assess the role of von Willebrand factor (VWF) and cytokine transforming growth factor beta-1 (TGF-beta1) in the immune response against FVIII...
- Thrombin-initiated platelet activation in vivo is vWF independent during thrombus formation in a laser injury modelChristophe Dubois
Division of Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Invest 117:953-60. 2007..Of the agonists involved in platelet activation, thrombin, collagen, and vWF are known to induce in vitro calcium mobilization in platelets...
- Endothelial expression of the Notch ligand Jagged1 is required for vascular smooth muscle developmentFrances A High
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1955-9. 2008..Together, these results imply that the primary role of endothelial Jag1 is to potentiate the development of neighboring vascular smooth muscle...
- Inflammation induces hemorrhage in thrombocytopeniaTobias Goerge
Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 111:4958-64. 2008..Based on our observations, we propose that inflammation may cause life-threatening hemorrhage during thrombocytopenia...
- Degradation of circulating von Willebrand factor and its regulator ADAMTS13 implicates secreted Bacillus anthracis metalloproteases in anthrax consumptive coagulopathyMyung Chul Chung
National Center for Biodefense and Infectious Diseases, College of Sciences, George Mason University, 10900 University Boulevard, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
J Biol Chem 283:9531-42. 2008..In this study we hypothesized that anthrax infection modulates the activity of von Willebrand factor (VWF) and its endogenous regulator ADAMTS13, which play important roles in hemostasis and thrombosis, ..
- Cre reporter mouse expressing a nuclear localized fusion of GFP and beta-galactosidase reveals new derivatives of Pax3-expressing precursorsJason Z Stoller
Genesis 46:200-4. 2008..Thus, we report a previously unrecognized subset of venous endothelial cells derived from Pax3 expressing precursors...
- Macrophages contribute to the cellular uptake of von Willebrand factor and factor VIII in vivoCarina J van Schooten
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 112:1704-12. 2008b>Von Willebrand factor (VWF) and factor VIII (FVIII) circulate in a tight noncovalent complex. At present, the cells that contribute to the removal of FVIII and VWF are of unknown identity...
- von-Willebrand factor influences blood brain barrier permeability and brain inflammation in experimental allergic encephalomyelitisRajkumar Noubade
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Am J Pathol 173:892-900. 2008Weibel-Palade bodies within endothelial cells are secretory granules known to release von Willebrand Factor (VWF), P-selectin, chemokines, and other stored molecules following histamine exposure...
- ADAMTS13: a new link between thrombosis and inflammationAnil K Chauhan
Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 205:2065-74. 2008b>von Willebrand factor (VWF) levels are elevated and a disintegrin-like and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type I repeats-13 (ADAMTS13) activity is decreased in both acute and chronic inflammation...
- Differential role of von Willebrand factor and P-selectin on microvascular thrombosis in endotoxemiaKavita N Patel
Medical Care Line, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, TX, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:2225-30. 2008Endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide [LPS]) enhances microvascular thrombosis in mouse cremaster venules. Because von Willebrand factor (vWF) and P-selectin are suggested to mediate LPS-induced platelet-microvessel interactions, we determined ..
- Selection on cis-regulatory variation at B4galnt2 and its influence on von Willebrand factor in house miceJILL M JOHNSEN
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, USA
Mol Biol Evol 26:567-78. 2009..Low von Willebrand factor (VWF) levels in RIIIS/J are due to a regulatory mutation, Mvwf1, which directs a tissue-specific switch in ..
- Fibrinogen is required for maintenance of platelet intracellular and cell-surface P-selectin expressionHong Yang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 114:425-36. 2009..Although it has been reported that von Willebrand factor (VWF) affects P-selectin expression on endothelial cells, little information is available regarding ..
- Prospective isolation and molecular characterization of hematopoietic stem cells with durable self-renewal potentialDavid G Kent
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 113:6342-50. 2009..each other and with HSCs whose self-renewal activity has been rapidly extinguished in vitro revealed 3 new genes (VWF, Rhob, Pld3) whose elevated expression is a consistent and selective feature of the long-term repopulating cells ..
- von Willebrand factor-cleaving protease ADAMTS13 reduces ischemic brain injury in experimental strokeBing Qiao Zhao
Immune Disease Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 114:3329-34. 2009..Platelets play a crucial role during stroke, and the inflammatory reaction promotes neurodegeneration. von Willebrand factor (VWF), an adhesion molecule for platelets, is elevated in patients with acute stroke...
- Epithelial cells are the major site of hydroxysteroid (17beta) dehydrogenase 2 and androgen receptor expression in fetal mouse lungs during the period overlapping the surge of surfactantJulie Plante
Laboratory of Ontogeny and Reproduction, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec CHUQ, Pavillon CHUL, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 117:139-45. 2009..Taken together, our results are in concordance with the hypothesis that in mouse fetal lungs the level of androgen receptor occupancy is finely tuned by local HSD17B2 expression...
- Dissecting coronary angiogenesis: 3D co-culture of cardiomyocytes with endothelial or mesenchymal cellsLuciana R Garzoni
Laboratorio de Ultra estrutura Celular, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Exp Cell Res 315:3406-18. 2009..Within the myocardial environment, endothelial and mesenchymal cells can proceed to formation of new blood vessels either through angiogenesis or vasculogenesis, respectively...
- ADAMTS13 gene deletion aggravates ischemic brain damage: a possible neuroprotective role of ADAMTS13 by ameliorating postischemic hypoperfusionMasayuki Fujioka
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Blood 115:1650-3. 2010..thrombus formation and microcirculatory disturbances, which are dependent on the platelet glycoprotein Ib-von Willebrand factor (VWF) axis...
- An intrinsic gut leptin-melanocortin pathway modulates intestinal microsomal triglyceride transfer protein and lipid absorptionJahangir Iqbal
Department of Cell Biology and Pediatrics, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
J Lipid Res 51:1929-42. 2010..Instead, we found that enterocytes express LEPR, POMC, AGRP, and MC4R. We propose that a peripheral, local gut signaling mechanism involving LEPR B and MC4R regulates intestinal MTP and controls intestinal lipid absorption...
- Deletion of proapoptotic Puma selectively protects hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells against high-dose radiationLijian Shao
COBRE in Stem Biology and Regenerative Medicine Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Maine Medical Center, Scarborough, ME, USA
Blood 115:4707-14. 2010..Together, our data indicate that selective targeting of p53 downstream apoptotic targets may represent a novel strategy to protecting HSCs and HPCs in patients undergoing intensive cancer radiotherapy and chemotherapy...
- CARM1 is required for proper control of proliferation and differentiation of pulmonary epithelial cellsKaren B O'Brien
Harvard Stem Cell Institute and Center for Life Sciences, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 137:2147-56. 2010..These results demonstrate for the first time that CARM1 inhibits pulmonary cell proliferation and is required for proper differentiation of alveolar cells...
- Maternal dietary choline deficiency alters angiogenesis in fetal mouse hippocampusMihai G Mehedint
University of North Carolina Nutrition Research Institute at Kannapolis, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Kannapolis, NC 28081, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12834-9. 2010..01). We conclude that maternal dietary choline intake alters angiogenesis in the developing fetal hippocampus...
- Initiation and Regulation of Platelet Thrombus FormationZAVERIO RUGGERI; Fiscal Year: 2004The purpose of this application is to study the central role played by von Willebrand factor (VWF) in initiating platelet deposition at sites of vascular injury, particularly in areas of the circulation characterized by rapid blood flow...
- Platelet interactions with vessel wall componentsZAVERIO RUGGERI; Fiscal Year: 2005..These findings will provide a better definition and characterization of several potential targets for antithrombotic intervention that may yield new treatments for patients at risk of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular events. ..
- Mechanisms of Thrombus InstabilityZAVERIO RUGGERI; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide novel insights into the unexpected role of leptin in platelet function, and in the formation and stability of thrombi. ..
- Structure and function of platelet membrane glycoproteinsZAVERIO RUGGERI; Fiscal Year: 2008..structure and function of the membrane glycoprotein (GP) Ib-IX-V complex, a platelet receptor that binds von Willebrand factor (vWF) and a-thrombin. This proposal consists of four specific aims...
- Role of von Willebrand Factor in Platelet Thrombus FormationZaverio M Ruggeri; Fiscal Year: 2010..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The studies proposed in this application continue efforts to elucidate von Willebrand factor (VWF) in the VWF A1 domain (VWFA1) can differentially regulate specific adhesive functions...
- ID2 IN CELL CYCLE REGULATION AND CANCERAntonio Iavarone; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed work will define the mechanisms underlying regulation of Id2 and enhance our understanding of the involvement of uncontrolled Id2 activity in human cancer. ..