Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vegfb
Description: vascular endothelial growth factor B
Alias: VEGF-B, Vrf, vascular endothelial growth factor B, VEGF-related factor
- Mice lacking the vascular endothelial growth factor-B gene (Vegfb) have smaller hearts, dysfunctional coronary vasculature, and impaired recovery from cardiac ischemiaD Bellomo
QCF Transgenic Laboratory and Human Genetics Laboratory, Joint Experimental Oncology Program, The Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Australia
Circ Res 86:E29-35. 2000..To further study the in vivo function of VEGF-B, we have generated Vegfb knockout mice (Vegfb(-/-))...
- VEGF-B inhibits apoptosis via VEGFR-1-mediated suppression of the expression of BH3-only protein genes in mice and ratsYang Li
National Eye Institute, NIH, Porter Neuroscience Research Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 118:913-23. 2008..These findings indicate that VEGF-B may potentially offer a new therapeutic option for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases...
- Reevaluation of the role of VEGF-B suggests a restricted role in the revascularization of the ischemic myocardiumXuri Li
Vesalius Research Center, VIB, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1614-20. 2008..The endogenous role of the VEGF family member vascular endothelial growth factor-B (VEGF-B) in pathological angiogenesis remains unclear...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor B controls endothelial fatty acid uptakeCarolina E Hagberg
Tissue Biology Group, Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Nature 464:917-21. 2010..Bioinformatic analysis showed that Vegfb was tightly co-expressed with nuclear-encoded mitochondrial genes across a large variety of physiological ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-B acts as a coronary growth factor in transgenic rats without inducing angiogenesis, vascular leak, or inflammationMaija Bry
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Circulation 122:1725-33. 2010..Vascular endothelial growth factor-B (VEGF-B) binds to VEGF receptor-1 and neuropilin-1 and is abundantly expressed in the heart, skeletal muscle, and brown fat. The biological function of VEGF-B is incompletely understood...
- Targeting VEGF-B as a novel treatment for insulin resistance and type 2 diabetesCarolina E Hagberg
Tissue Biology Group, Division of Vascular Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Nature 490:426-30. 2012..Recently it was found that vascular endothelial growth factor B (VEGF-B) controls endothelial uptake and transport of fatty acids in heart and skeletal muscle...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-B-deficient mice display an atrial conduction defectK Aase
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, Sweden
Circulation 104:358-64. 2001..One of the factors with a still unknown physiological function is VEGF-B, which is expressed in many tissues, including the heart...
- The basis for the distinct biological activities of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 ligandsAndrey Anisimov
Translational Cancer Biology Program, Biomedicum Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Sci Signal 6:ra52. 2013....
- Localization of VEGF-B in the mouse embryo suggests a paracrine role of the growth factor in the developing vasculatureK Aase
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, Sweden
Dev Dyn 215:12-25. 1999b>Vascular endothelial growth factor B (VEGF-B) is structurally closely related to VEGF and binds one of its receptors, VEGFR-1...
- VEGF-B-induced vascular growth leads to metabolic reprogramming and ischemia resistance in the heartRiikka Kivela
Wihuri Research Institute and Translational Cancer Biology Research Program, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
EMBO Mol Med 6:307-21. 2014..Our data indicate that VEGF-B could be used to increase the coronary vasculature and to reprogram myocardial metabolism to improve cardiac function in ischemic heart disease. ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor B, a novel growth factor for endothelial cellsB Olofsson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:2576-81. 1996We have isolated and characterized a novel growth factor for endothelial cells, vascular endothelial growth factor B (VEGF-B), with structural similarities to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and placenta growth factor...
- Genomic organization of the mouse and human genes for vascular endothelial growth factor B (VEGF-B) and characterization of a second splice isoformB Olofsson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Stockholm Branch, Box 240, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 271:19310-7. 1996A second isoform and the genomic structures of mouse and human vascular endothelial growth factor B are described. Both genes consist of seven coding exons and span about 4 kilobases of DNA...
- Tbx18 regulates development of the epicardium and coronary vesselsSan Pin Wu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, United States Electronic address
Dev Biol 383:307-20. 2013....
- VEGFB/VEGFR1-Induced Expansion of Adipose Vasculature Counteracts Obesity and Related Metabolic ComplicationsMarius R Robciuc
Wihuri Research Institute and Translational Cancer Biology Program, University of Helsinki, Biomedicum Helsinki, 00290 Helsinki, Finland Electronic address
Cell Metab 23:712-24. 2016..Here, we report the unexpected finding that vascular endothelial growth factor B (VEGFB) gene transduction into mice inhibits obesity-associated inflammation and improves metabolic ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-a and islet vascularization are necessary in developing, but not adult, pancreatic isletsRachel B Reinert
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Diabetes 62:4154-64. 2013..These results indicate that VEGF-A and islet vascularization have a lesser role in adult islet function and β-cell mass. ..
- Reciprocal epithelial:endothelial paracrine interactions during thyroid development govern follicular organization and C-cells differentiationAnne Christine Hick
de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Dev Biol 381:227-40. 2013..In turn, endothelial cells control epithelial reorganization in follicles and C-cells differentiation...
- Lack of cardiac and high-fat diet induced metabolic phenotypes in two independent strains of Vegf-b knockout miceM H Dijkstra
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, P O Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Sci Rep 4:6238. 2014..We conclude that VEGF-B is dispensable for normal cardiac function under unstressed conditions and for HFD-induced metabolic changes. ..
- VEGF-B selectively regenerates injured peripheral neurons and restores sensory and trophic functionsVictor H Guaiquil
Margaret M Dyson Vision Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:17272-7. 2014..These selective effects of VEGF-B on injured nerves and its lack of angiogenic activity makes VEGF-B a suitable therapeutic target to treat nerve injury. ..
- VEGF-B promotes cancer metastasis through a VEGF-A-independent mechanism and serves as a marker of poor prognosis for cancer patientsXiaojuan Yang
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden Laboratory of Oral Biomedical Science and Translational Medicine, School of Stomatology, Tongji University, Shanghai 200072, Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E2900-9. 2015..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that VEGF-B is a vascular remodeling factor promoting cancer metastasis and that targeting VEGF-B may be an important therapeutic approach for cancer metastasis. ..
- The matricellular protein CCN1 controls retinal angiogenesis by targeting VEGF, Src homology 2 domain phosphatase-1 and Notch signalingHemabindu Chintala
State University of New York SUNY Eye Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Development 142:2364-74. 2015..These data highlight novel functions of CCN1 as a naturally optimized molecule, fine-controlling key processes in physiological angiogenesis and safeguarding against aberrant angiogenic responses. ..
- Overexpression of VEGF165b in podocytes reduces glomerular permeabilityYan Qiu
Microvascular Research Laboratories, Department Physiology and Pharmacology, Bristol Heart Institute, Preclinical Veterinary School, Southwell Street, Bristol, BS2 8EJ, UK
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:1498-509. 2010..These data highlight the contrasting properties of VEGF splice variants and their impact on glomerular function and phenotype...
- Membrane fixation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 ligand-binding domain is important for vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in miceSachie Hiratsuka
Division of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:346-54. 2005..These results strongly suggest that the membrane-fixed ligand-binding region of VEGFR1 traps VEGF for the appropriate regulation of VEGF signaling in vascular endothelial cells during early embryogenesis...
- Novel role for vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor-1 and its ligand VEGF-B in motor neuron degenerationKoen Poesen
Vesalius Research Center, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven B 3000, Belgium
J Neurosci 28:10451-9. 2008..The neuroprotective activity of VEGF-B, in combination with its negligible angiogenic/permeability activity, offers attractive opportunities for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases...
- Corneal avascularity is due to soluble VEGF receptor-1Balamurali K Ambati
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Georgia and Augusta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia 30907, USA
Nature 443:993-7. 2006....
- Indispensable role of factor for adipocyte differentiation 104 (fad104) in lung maturationKeishi Kishimoto
Department of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Science, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Exp Cell Res 317:2110-23. 2011..Collectively, these results indicate that fad104 has an indispensable role in lung maturation, especially the maturation and differentiation of ATII cells...
- Thymosin beta 4 is dispensable for murine cardiac development and functionIndroneal Banerjee
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, 92093, USA
Circ Res 110:456-64. 2012..To completely ablate Tβ4 and to rule out the possibility of off-target effects associated with shRNA gene silencing, further studies of global or cardiac-specific knockouts are critical...
- Expansion of the fetoplacental vasculature in late gestation is strain dependent in miceMonique Y Rennie
Mouse Imaging Centre, Toronto Centre for Phenogenomics, Hospital for Sick Children, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H1261-73. 2012..In both strains, enlargement of the fetoplacental arterial tree occurred primarily by increased arterial diameters with no change in segment numbers in late gestation...
- Impaired angiogenesis and endochondral bone formation in mice lacking the vascular endothelial growth factor isoforms VEGF164 and VEGF188Christa Maes
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine and Endocrinology, KU Leuven, B 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Mech Dev 111:61-73. 2002....
- Coordination of chondrogenesis and osteogenesis by fibroblast growth factor 18Zhonghao Liu
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Genes Dev 16:859-69. 2002..These data demonstrate that FGF18 signals through another FGFR to regulate osteoblast growth. Signaling to multiple FGFRs positions FGF18 to coordinate chondrogenesis in the growth plate with osteogenesis in cortical and trabecular bone...
- Suppressive effects of vascular endothelial growth factor-B on tumor growth in a mouse model of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumorigenesisImke Albrecht
Department of Biomedicine, Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 5:e14109. 2010..Herein, we investigate the function of VEGF-B by the generation of mouse models of cancer with transgenic expression of VEGF-B or homozygous deletion of Vegfb.
- The endothelium-dependent effect of RTEF-1 in pressure overload cardiac hypertrophy: role of VEGF-BMing Xu
Department of Physiology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Cardiovasc Res 90:325-34. 2011..However, the function of RTEF-1 in the communication between these two adjacent cell types has not been elucidated...
- Neuronal FLT1 receptor and its selective ligand VEGF-B protect against retrograde degeneration of sensory neuronsJoke Dhondt
Vesalius Research Center, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
FASEB J 25:1461-73. 2011..Overall, this indicates that VEGF-B, instead of acting as an angiogenic factor, exerts direct neuroprotective effects through FLT1. These findings also suggest a clinically relevant role for VEGF-B in preventing distal neuropathies...
- Serotonin reverts age-related capillarization and failure of regeneration in the liver through a VEGF-dependent pathwayKatarzyna Furrer
Department of Surgery, Laboratory of the Swiss Hepato Pancreato Biliary and Transplantation Center, University of Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2945-50. 2011..DOI breaks this restraint through an endothelium-dependent mechanism driven by VEGF. This pathway highlights a target for reversing the age-associated decline in the capacity of the liver to regenerate...
- Notch signaling regulates remodeling and vessel diameter in the extraembryonic yolk sacJessica N Copeland
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Institute for Reproductive Health and Regenerative Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
BMC Dev Biol 11:12. 2011..To further understand the role of Notch signaling during endothelial differentiation and the genes regulated by this pathway, both loss-of-function and gain-of-function approaches were analyzed in vivo...
- Transcription factor CHF1/Hey2 regulates coronary vascular maturationTokumitsu Watanabe
Division of Cardiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Mech Dev 127:418-27. 2010..These findings suggest that CHF1/Hey2 regulates the later steps of coronary vascular development in both a myocardial-dependent, non-cell autonomous fashion and likely a vascular cell-specific effect as well...
- Novel cell lines promote the discovery of genes involved in early heart developmentE W Brunskill
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3300, USA
Dev Biol 235:507-20. 2001..The results show that the 1H and ECL-2 cell lines can be used to discover novel genes expressed in the early cardiomyocyte...
- Angiogenesis and prostate cancer: identification of a molecular progression switchW J Huss
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 61:2736-43. 2001....
- Transgenic mouse models in angiogenesis and cardiovascular diseaseP Carmeliet
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Leuven, B 3000, Belgium
J Pathol 190:387-405. 2000..A selected number of molecules that have been studied in the authors' laboratory will be reviewed in more detail...
- Placenta growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor B and C expression in microvascular endothelial cells and pericytes. Implication in autocrine and paracrine regulation of angiogenesisH Yonekura
Department of Biochemistry, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:35172-8. 1999..Furthermore, antisense inhibition of PlGF protein production lowered the endothelial cell synthesis of DNA under hypoxic conditions. The results suggest that these VEGF family members may also take active parts in angiogenesis...
- Impaired myocardial angiogenesis and ischemic cardiomyopathy in mice lacking the vascular endothelial growth factor isoforms VEGF164 and VEGF188P Carmeliet
The Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, KU Leuven, Belgium
Nat Med 5:495-502. 1999
- A comparative study of the expression patterns for vegf, vegf-b/vrf and vegf-c in the developing and adult mouseJ Lagercrantz
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1398:157-63. 1998..There are at present at least three specific effectors of vascular proliferation with clear differences in their expression...
- Analysis of the promoter region of the human VEGF-related factor geneG Silins
Queensland Cancer Fund Research Unit, Joint Experimental Oncology Program, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 230:413-8. 1997We have characterised the promoters of the human and murine VRF (vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) related factor) gene...
- Characterization of the murine VEGF-related factor geneS Townson
Queensland Cancer Fund Research Unit, Join Experimental Oncology Program, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 220:922-8. 1996..cloning and characterization of the murine homolog of the human vascular endothelial growth factor-related factor (VRF) gene...
- Expression of the VEGF-related factor gene in pre- and postnatal mouseJ Lagercrantz
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 220:147-52. 1996..The human VEGF related factor (VRF) gene was initially isolated using an 11q13 specific cosmid probe (D11S750)...
- Mammary alveolar development during lactation is inhibited by the endogenous antiangiogenic growth factor isoform, VEGF165bYan Qiu
Microvascular Research Laboratories, School of Veterinary Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
FASEB J 22:1104-12. 2008..This study provides the first evidence for the role of endogenous antiangiogenic VEGF isoforms in normal physiology--their down-regulation is required for effective milk production...
- Vegfb gene knockout mice display reduced pathology and synovial angiogenesis in both antigen-induced and collagen-induced models of arthritisArne W Mould
QCF Transgenic Laboratory, The Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Arthritis Rheum 48:2660-9. 2003To determine the role of vascular endothelial growth factor B (VEGF-B) in 2 mouse models of arthritis, antigen-induced arthritis (AIA) and collagen-induced arthritis (CIA).
- Increased severity of cerebral ischemic injury in vascular endothelial growth factor-B-deficient miceYunjuan Sun
Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:1146-52. 2004Vascular endothelial growth factor-B (VegfB) is an angiogenic protein related to VegfA, although it acts on a different set of tyrosine kinase receptors. Like VegfA, VegfB is expressed in the brain and is induced at sites of brain injury...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A) is involved in guidance of VEGF receptor-positive cells to the anterior portion of early embryosSachie Hiratsuka
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:355-63. 2005....
- Transgenic overexpression of vascular endothelial growth factor-B isoforms by endothelial cells potentiates postnatal vessel growth in vivo and in vitroArne W Mould
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Circ Res 97:e60-70. 2005....
- Redundant roles of VEGF-B and PlGF during selective VEGF-A blockade in miceAjay K Malik
Department of Pathology, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 107:550-7. 2006..The absence of compensatory VEGFR-1 signaling by VEGF-B and PlGF may have important implications for the development of anticancer strategies targeting the VEGF ligand/receptor system...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-B (VEGFB) stimulates neurogenesis: evidence from knockout mice and growth factor administrationYunjuan Sun
Buck Institute for Age Research, 8001 Redwood Boulevard, Novato, CA 94945, USA
Dev Biol 289:329-35. 2006Vascular endothelial growth factor-B (VEGFB) is an angiogenic and neuroprotective protein that reduces hypoxic and ischemic neuronal injury...
- Fibroblast growth factor signals regulate a wave of Hedgehog activation that is essential for coronary vascular developmentKory J Lavine
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Genes Dev 20:1651-66. 2006..Consistent with this, activation of HH signaling in the adult heart leads to an increase in coronary vessel density...
- Angiogenic factors stimulate tubular branching morphogenesis of sonic hedgehog-deficient lungsMinke van Tuyl
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Lung Development, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, University of Toronto, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 303:514-26. 2007..Stimulation of vascularization with angiogenic factors such as Fgf2 and Ang1 partially restored tubular growth and branching in Shh-deficient lungs, suggesting that vascularization is required for branching morphogenesis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-B promotes in vivo angiogenesisJean Sebastien Silvestre
INSERM U54, Hopital Lariboisiere, 41 Bd de la Chapelle, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Circ Res 93:114-23. 2003..This study demonstrates for the first time that VEGF-B, in part through its receptor VEGF-R1, promotes angiogenesis in association with an activation of Akt and eNOS-related pathways...
- Role of VEGF-B in the lung during development of chronic hypoxic pulmonary hypertensionVanessa Louzier
Departement de Physiologie, Institut National de la Santé et de La Recherche Médicale Unité 492, Hopital Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 94010 Creteil, France
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L926-37. 2003..However, when overexpressed in the lung, VEGF-B can be as potent as VEGF-A in attenuating pulmonary hypertension, although it has no effect on eNOS expression or vascular permeability...
- Coronary development is regulated by ATP-dependent SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling component BAF180Xuling Huang
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Richard Simches Research Center, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Dev Biol 319:258-66. 2008..Together, these data reveal for the first time that BAF180 is critical for coronary vessel formation...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-B-deficient mice show impaired development of hypoxic pulmonary hypertensionJanet C Wanstall
School of Biomedical Sciences, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Brisbane, Australia
Cardiovasc Res 55:361-8. 2002..To test the hypothesis that Vegf-B contributes to the pulmonary vascular remodelling, and the associated pulmonary hypertension, induced by exposure of mice to chronic hypoxia...
- Hedgehog signaling to distinct cell types differentially regulates coronary artery and vein developmentKory J Lavine
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 135:3161-71. 2008..Finally, we present evidence suggesting that coronary arteries and veins may be derived from distinct lineages...
- Enhanced angiogenesis in obesity and in response to PPARgamma activators through adipocyte VEGF and ANGPTL4 productionOlga Gealekman
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E1056-64. 2008..Expression of VEGFA and VEGFB, as well as of the angiopoietin-like factor-4 (ANGPTL4), was stimulated by in vivo treatment with RSG...
- VEGF-B is dispensable for blood vessel growth but critical for their survival, and VEGF-B targeting inhibits pathological angiogenesisFan Zhang
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6152-7. 2009..Our work thus indicates that the function of VEGF-B in the vascular system is to act as a "survival," rather than an "angiogenic" factor and that VEGF-B inhibition may offer new therapeutic opportunities to treat neovascular diseases...
- [Effect of VEGF-B on neuroprotection in mouse retinal ganglion cells]Shui Hu Zhang
Department of Ophthalmology, The Second Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 45:38-42. 2009..To investigate the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-B (VEGF-B) in retina and its effect on neuroprotection in mouse retinal ganglion cells (RGCs)...
- Histone H3 lysine 36 methyltransferase Hypb/Setd2 is required for embryonic vascular remodelingMing Hu
State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Shanghai Institute of Hematology, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2956-61. 2010..Taken together, these results indicate that Hypb is required for embryonic vascular remodeling and provide a tool to study the function of H3K36 methylation in vasculogenesis/angiogenesis...
- Assignment of the mouse Vegfb gene to mouse chromosome 19 B by in situ hybridizationL Gerace
Sequence Detection System, Sample Preparation and Genetic Analysis Core Lab, Applera Italia, Monza, Milan, Italy
Cytogenet Cell Genet 95:242-3. 2001
- Disruption and sequence identification of 2,000 genes in mouse embryonic stem cellsB P Zambrowicz
Lexicon Genetics, The Woodlands, Texas 77381, USA
Nature 392:608-11. 1998..To facilitate the study of gene function on a large scale, we are using these techniques to create a library of ES cells called Omnibank, from which sequence-tagged mutations in 2,000 genes are described...
- Phenotypic screen in mouse embryonic for TGF-beta signaling mutationsJAY VIVIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cell-based mutation screening strategies as developed in this proposal can be applied to any active biochemical pathway in mouse ES cells, to generate mouse lines for analysis in vivo. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..