Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vcam1
Description: vascular cell adhesion molecule 1
Alias: CD106, Vcam-1, vascular cell adhesion protein 1, V-CAM 1
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Toxoplasma gondii: the severity of toxoplasmic encephalitis in C57BL/6 mice is associated with increased ALCAM and VCAM-1 expression in the central nervous system and higher blood-brain barrier permeabilityNeide Maria Silva
Laboratory of Immunopathology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Federal University of Uberlandia, Uberlandia, MG 38400 902, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 126:167-77. 2010....
- Atherosclerosis quantitative trait loci are sex- and lineage-dependent in an intercross of C57BL/6 and FVB/N low-density lipoprotein receptor-/- miceDaniel Teupser
Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:123-8. 2006..Awareness of these complexities may have major consequences for the identification of atherosclerosis susceptibility genes by quantitative trait locus mapping...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression in murine lupus nephritisR P Wuthrich
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham
Kidney Int 42:903-14. 1992..Thus, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 function as renal parenchymal adhesion molecules and mediate the adherence of pathogenic inflammatory cells in murine lupus nephritis...
- A VCAM-like adhesion molecule on murine bone marrow stromal cells mediates binding of lymphocyte precursors in cultureK Miyake
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City 73104
J Cell Biol 114:557-65. 1991..The VCAM-like cell adhesion molecule on stromal cells and VLA-4 on lymphocyte precursors may both be important for B lymphocyte formation...
- Direct expression cloning of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1, a cytokine-induced endothelial protein that binds to lymphocytesL Osborn
Biogen, Inc, Cambridge Center, Massachusetts 02142
Cell 59:1203-11. 1989..VCAM-1, which belongs to the immunoglobulin gene super-family, may be central to recruitment of mononuclear leukocytes into inflammatory sites in vivo...
- Evidence for involvement of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 in lymphocyte interaction with endothelium in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in the central nervous system in the SJL/J mouseB J Steffen
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California
Am J Pathol 145:189-201. 1994..These results are consistent with an important role for the vascular adhesion molecules VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 and for their lymphocytes receptors in lymphocyte recruitment to the central nervous system...
- Targeted disruption of the murine VCAM1 gene: essential role of VCAM-1 in chorioallantoic fusion and placentationG C Gurtner
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Genes Dev 9:1-14. 1995..The murine VCAM1 gene was disrupted by targeted homologous recombination, and a distinct phenotype was found in VCAM-1-deficient ..
- Defective development of the embryonic and extraembryonic circulatory systems in vascular cell adhesion molecule (VCAM-1) deficient miceL Kwee
Department of Biotechnology, Roche Research Center, Hoffmann La Roche Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110 1199, USA
Development 121:489-503. 1995..These data suggest important roles for VCAM-1 and alpha 4 in the development of the placenta and the heart...
- Cell adhesion events mediated by alpha 4 integrins are essential in placental and cardiac developmentJ T Yang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Development 121:549-60. 1995..These results raise the possibility of abortifacients targeting alpha 4 integrins, and raise serious questions about potential side effects of drugs currently being designed to block alpha 4 integrin functions in inflammation...
- Adhesion receptors on bone marrow stromal cells: in vivo expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 by reticular cells and sinusoidal endothelium in normal and gamma-irradiated miceK Jacobsen
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Blood 87:73-82. 1996....
- Airway recruitment of leukocytes in mice is dependent on alpha4-integrins and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1J E Chin
Cell Biology and Inflammation Research and Drug Development Toxicology, Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001, USA
Am J Physiol 272:L219-29. 1997..The data suggest that these adhesion molecules may be suitable targets for therapeutic intervention in certain conditions of pulmonary inflammation...
- Cre-mediated generation of a VCAM-1 null allele in transgenic miceR W Terry
Department of Inflammation and Autoimmune Diseases, Roche Research Center, Hoffmann LaRoche, Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110 1199, USA
Transgenic Res 6:349-56. 1997..The data also suggest a novel simplified strategy for using the Cre/loxP system in vivo, in which a single ES cell and line of mice can be used to create mice carrying either a null or conditional null allele...
- Essential role of IL-7 receptor alpha in the formation of Peyer's patch anlageS Adachi
Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Int Immunol 10:1-6. 1998..The same defect was found in the jak3-/- mouse. In addition to the appearance of VCAM1+ spots, the clustering of IL-7Ralpha+ cells was absent in the jak3-/- mouse, though IL-7Ralpha+ cells are found to ..
- Mrj encodes a DnaJ-related co-chaperone that is essential for murine placental developmentP J Hunter
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Development 126:1247-58. 1999..The specificity of the developmental defect in Mrj mutants suggests that each of these genes may have unique tissue and cellular activities...
- Development of peripheral lymphoid organs and natural killer cells depends on the helix-loop-helix inhibitor Id2Y Yokota
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Gottingen, Germany
Nature 397:702-6. 1999..Our results indicate that Id2 has an essential role in the generation of peripheral lymphoid organs and NK cells...
- IL-7 receptor alpha+ CD3(-) cells in the embryonic intestine induces the organizing center of Peyer's patchesH Yoshida
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Syogoin Kawaharacho 53, Sakyoku, Kyoto 606 850, Japan
Int Immunol 11:643-55. 1999..Intestinal IL-7Ralpha+ cells are lymphoid in morphology but CD3(-) and functional in both nu/nu and Rag2-/- mice. These results implicate IL-7Ralpha+ CD3(-) cells as the direct inducer of the organizing center of PP...
- Conditional vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 deletion in mice: impaired lymphocyte migration to bone marrowP A Koni
Molecular Immunology Program, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15 St, Room CA2007, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Exp Med 193:741-54. 2001..Thus, we report an until now unappreciated dominant role for VCAM-1 in lymphocyte homing to BM...
- Neonatally induced inactivation of the vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 gene impairs B cell localization and T cell-dependent humoral immune responseC E Leuker
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Weyertal 121, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
J Exp Med 193:755-68. 2001..In addition, the humoral immune response to a T cell-dependent antigen is impaired. VCAM-1 serves an important role for B cell localization and the T cell-dependent humoral immune response...
- A major role for VCAM-1, but not ICAM-1, in early atherosclerosisM I Cybulsky
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto General Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 107:1255-62. 2001..To evaluate functions of VCAM-1 in chronic disease, we disrupted its fourth Ig domain, producing the murine Vcam1(D4D) allele...
- Wnt7b regulates placental development in miceB A Parr
MCD Biology, University of Colorado, 347 UCB, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0347, USA
Dev Biol 237:324-32. 2001..Wnt7b also is required for normal organization of cells in the chorionic plate. Thus, Wnt7b signaling is central to the early stages of placental development in mammals...
- Adhesion of monocytes to arterial endothelium and initiation of atherosclerosis are critically dependent on vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 gene dosageH M Dansky
Rockefeller University, New York, NY, and the Toronto General Research Institute M I C, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1662-7. 2001Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1/Vcam1) is a cytokine-inducible member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily that is expressed by arterial endothelial cells in regions predisposed to atherosclerosis and at borders of ..
- TNF-alpha-dependent ICAM-1- and VCAM-1-mediated inflammatory responses are delayed in neonatal mice infected with Pneumocystis cariniiMahboob H Qureshi
Department of Microbiology, University of Kentucky, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
J Immunol 171:4700-7. 2003..Additionally, neonatal T cells are defective in the ability to migrate across endothelial cells...
- Calcium mobilization and Rac1 activation are required for VCAM-1 (vascular cell adhesion molecule-1) stimulation of NADPH oxidase activityJoan M Cook-Mills
Department of Pathology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Biochem J 378:539-47. 2004..Thus VCAM-1 stimulates the mobilization of intracellular and extracellular calcium and Rac1 activity that are required for the activation of NADPH oxidase...
- An essential function for the nuclear receptor RORgamma(t) in the generation of fetal lymphoid tissue inducer cellsGerard Eberl
Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Nat Immunol 5:64-73. 2004..This early LTi cell-mediated activation of lymph node and Peyer's patch mesenchyma forms the necessary platform for the subsequent development of mature lymphoid tissues...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) activation of endothelial cell matrix metalloproteinases: role of reactive oxygen speciesTracy L Deem
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, PO Box 670529, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Blood 104:2385-93. 2004..In summary, this is the first report of a mechanism for ROS function in VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell MMPs during VCAM-1-dependent lymphocyte migration...
- Circulating adhesion molecules in apoE-deficient mouse strains with different atherosclerosis susceptibilityJing Tian
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 329:1102-7. 2005..apoE(-/-) mice...
- R-spondin3 is required for mouse placental developmentMotoko Aoki
Laboratory for Developmental Gene Regulation, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Dev Biol 301:218-26. 2007..These findings suggest a critical role for Rspo3 in the interaction between chorion and allantois in labyrinthine development...
- VCAM-1 signals activate endothelial cell protein kinase Calpha via oxidationHiam Abdala-Valencia
Allergy Immunology Division, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Immunol 177:6379-87. 2006..This oxidation was blocked by inhibition of NADPH oxidase. In summary, VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell NADPH oxidase induces transient PKCalpha activation that is necessary for VCAM-1-dependent transendothelial cell migration...
- VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell protein tyrosine phosphatase 1BTracy L Deem
Allergy Immunology Division, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 240 East Huron, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Immunol 178:3865-73. 2007..This PTP1B activity is necessary for VCAM-1-dependent transendothelial lymphocyte migration. These data show, for the first time, a function for PTP1B in VCAM-1-dependent lymphocyte migration...
- Ectopic lymphoid-organ development occurs through interleukin 7-mediated enhanced survival of lymphoid-tissue-inducer cellsDominik Meier
Division of Developmental Immunology, Center for Biomedicine, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences DKBW, University of Basel, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Immunity 26:643-54. 2007..Therefore, by controlling LTi cell numbers, IL-7 can regulate the formation of both normal and ectopic lymphoid organs...
- Separation of splenic red and white pulp occurs before birth in a LTalphabeta-independent mannerMark F R Vondenhoff
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Leukoc Biol 84:152-61. 2008..The postnatal development of the splenic white pulp, involving the influx of T cells, depends on LTalpha1beta2 expressed by B cells...
- LTbetaR signaling induces cytokine expression and up-regulates lymphangiogenic factors in lymph node anlagenMark F Vondenhoff
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU Vrije Universiteit University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 182:5439-45. 2009..Furthermore, the same signals may regulate lymphangiogenesis to the lymph node through induction of VEGF-C...
- Forkhead factor FoxO1 is essential for placental morphogenesis in the developing embryoAnwarul Ferdous
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8573, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:16307-12. 2011..5. Quantitative RT-PCR analysis of genes involved in placental development revealed significant attenuation of VCAM1 expression in FoxO1-null embryos...
- Structure of the murine VCAM1 geneM I Cybulsky
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Genomics 18:387-91. 1993The architecture of the murine VCAM1 gene, encoding vascular cell adhesion molecule-1, was determined. its 10 exons span approximately 20 kb...
- Murine VCAM-1. Molecular cloning, mapping, and analysis of a truncated formA G Kumar
Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
J Immunol 153:4088-98. 1994..We have cloned and characterized the murine Vcam1 gene including 3 kb of 5'-flanking sequences and mapped the gene to chromosome 3 near Amy1...
- Inhibition of T cell costimulation by VCAM-1 prevents murine graft-versus-host disease across minor histocompatibility barriersP G Schlegel
Bone Marrow Transplant Program H1353, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305, USA
J Immunol 155:3856-65. 1995..Long-term engraftment of allogeneic bone marrow was documented in all transplanted mice by PCR analysis of a microsatellite region in the IL-1 beta gene...
- Cloning and sequencing of mouse VCAM-1 cDNAM Araki
Department of Pathology, C M U, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Gene 126:261-4. 1993..Unlike other adhesion molecules, the cytoplasmic tails (19 aa) of mouse and human VCAM-1 are identical, despite a 85.2% similarity only at the nt level, suggesting a critical functional role...
- Cytokine induction of an alternatively spliced murine vascular cell adhesion molecule (VCAM) mRNA encoding a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored VCAM proteinR W Terry
Molecular Sciences Group, Hoffmann La Roche Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110 1199
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:5919-23. 1993..These data demonstrate that alternate forms of VCAM are produced under different physiological conditions and suggest that VCAMGPI may have a distinct role in inflammatory processes...
- The heat-stable antigen can alter very late antigen 4-mediated adhesionM Hahne
Hans Spemann Laboratory, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany
J Exp Med 179:1391-5. 1994..Thus, expression of HSA on pre-B cells modifies the binding specificity of VLA-4 for two known ligands...
- Methylxanthines and calcium-mobilizing agents inhibit the expression of cytokine-inducible nitric oxide synthase and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 in murine microvascular endothelial cellsM Bereta
Department of Pathology, Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
Exp Cell Res 212:230-42. 1994..In addition, our results suggest that NO produced by iNOS acts as a metabolic switch during inflammation by inhibiting oxidative phosphorylation and forcing vascular endothelial cells to temporarily utilize anaerobic energy metabolism...
- Expanding roles for alpha 4 integrin and its ligands in developmentA M Sheppard
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
Cell Adhes Commun 2:27-43. 1994..Finally, based on their patterns of expression, we conclude that VCAM-1 only participates in a subset of interactions involving alpha 4 integrins, whereas FN appears to be the more general ligand...
- Heat stable antigen (mouse CD24) supports myeloid cell binding to endothelial and platelet P-selectinS Aigner
Tumor Immunology Programme, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int Immunol 7:1557-65. 1995..Our data suggest that HSA, in addition to the recently identified 160 kDa glycoprotein ligand on mouse neutrophils, belongs to a group of monospecific P-selectin ligands on myeloid cells...
- Genetic analysis of alpha 4 integrin functions in the development of mouse skeletal muscleJ T Yang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
J Cell Biol 135:829-35. 1996..Taking these results together, we conclude that alpha 4 integrins appear not to play essential roles in normal skeletal muscle development...
- Failure to induce anti-glomerular basement membrane glomerulonephritis in TNF alpha/beta deficient miceB Ryffel
Department of Immunology, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Int J Exp Pathol 79:453-60. 1998..Therefore, we conclude that TNF plays a key role for the recruitment of inflammatory cells by preventing the upregulation of endothelial adhesion molecule and the subsequent development of proliferative glomerulonephritis...
- Attenuation of leukocyte sequestration by selective blockade of PECAM-1 or VCAM-1 in murine endotoxemiaD Nolte
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Regional Plastic Surgery, Knappschaftskrankenhaus Bochum Langendreer, University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Eur Surg Res 36:331-7. 2004..This in vivo study investigates the biological role of murine PECAM-1 and VCAM-1 for leukocyte sequestration into the lung, liver and striated skin muscle...
- Activation of bone marrow-resident memory T cells by circulating, antigen-bearing dendritic cellsLois L Cavanagh
The CBR Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Immunol 6:1029-37. 2005..Moreover, using this previously unknown migratory pathway, antigen-pulsed DCs were able to trigger central memory T cell-mediated recall responses in the bone marrow...
- Sustained alterations in biodistribution of stem/progenitor cells in Tie2Cre+ alpha4(f/f) mice are hematopoietic cell autonomousGregory V Priestley
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Box 357710, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Blood 109:109-11. 2007....
- High glucose increases angiopoietin-2 transcription in microvascular endothelial cells through methylglyoxal modification of mSin3ADachun Yao
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International Center for Diabetic Complications Research, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 282:31038-45. 2007..This novel mechanism for regulating gene expression may play a role in the pathobiology of diabetic vascular disease...
- Stress increases VCAM-1 expression at the fetomaternal interface in an abortion-prone mouse modelM B Prados
GlycoImmunoBiology Laboratory, Instituto de Investigaciones Cardiológicas Prof Dr Alberto C Taquini ININCA, CONICET Universidad de Buenos Aires, Marcelo T de Alvear 2270 2, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires C1122AAJ, Argentina
J Reprod Immunol 89:207-11. 2011..In the high fetal loss model, however, the frequency of VCAM-1+ vessels was dramatically increased. This study shows that VCAM-1 expression is modulated by stress at the fetomaternal interface in abortion-prone cross-breeding...
- [Effects of high and low shear stress on vascular remodeling and endothelial vascular cell adhesion molecular-1 expression in mouse abdominal aorta]Jian Liu
Department of Cardiology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 31:1349-52. 2011..To establish a mouse model of abdominal aorta stenosis and analyze the alterations in the arterial wall response to high and low shear stress...
- Systemic inflammation, cellular influx and up-regulation of ovarian VCAM-1 expression in a mouse model of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)Maria Emilia Solano
Laboratory for Experimental Feto Maternal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Reprod Immunol 92:33-44. 2011..These findings offer novel therapeutic opportunities for PCOS, such as blockage of VCAM-1 expression...
- Identification of IL-7-producing cells in primary and secondary lymphoid organs using IL-7-GFP knock-in miceTakahiro Hara
Laboratory of Biological Protection, Department of Biological Responses, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Immunol 189:1577-84. 2012..Overall, IL-7-GFP knock-in mice serve as a unique and powerful tool to examine the identity and distribution of IL-7-expressing cells in vivo...
- The secreted lymphangiogenic factor CCBE1 is essential for fetal liver erythropoiesisZhiying Zou
Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 121:3228-36. 2013..Our findings reveal that CCBE1 plays an essential role in regulating the fetal liver erythropoietic environment and suggest that EBI formation is regulated differently in the fetal liver and bone marrow...
- Testosterone levels influence mouse fetal Leydig cell progenitors through notch signalingTony DeFalco
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Biol Reprod 88:91. 2013....
- Hydrophobic interaction mediating self-assembled nanoparticles of succinobucol suppress lung metastasis of breast cancer by inhibition of VCAM-1 expressionHaiqiang Cao
State Key Laboratory of Drug Research and Center of Pharmaceutics, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, PR China
J Control Release 205:162-71. 2015..Thereby, SN could evoke a new effective therapeutic efficacy of SCB on lung metastasis of breast cancer by inhibition of VCAM-1 expression. ..
- Neutrophils rapidly transit inflamed lymphatic vessel endothelium via integrin-dependent proteolysis and lipoxin-induced junctional retractionDavid A Rigby
University of Oxford, Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, and Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Leukoc Biol 98:897-912. 2015..These findings reveal an unexpectedly intimate collaboration between neutrophils and the lymphatic vessel endothelium, in which these phagocytic leukocytes act as pathfinders for their own transit during inflammation. ..
- VCAM-1-targeted magnetic resonance imaging reveals subclinical disease in a mouse model of multiple sclerosisSébastien Serres
Cancer Research UK Medical Research Council Gray Institute for Radiation Oncology and Biology, Department of Oncology, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
FASEB J 25:4415-22. 2011..These findings describe a highly sensitive molecular imaging tool that may enable detection of currently invisible pathology in MS, thus accelerating diagnosis, guiding treatment, and enabling quantitative disease assessment...
- The role of ROS in ionizing radiation-induced VLA-4 mediated adhesion of RAW264.7 cells to VCAM-1 under flow conditionsYe Yuan
Edison Biotechnology Institute and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, USA
Radiat Res 179:62-8. 2013....
- Phosphatidylinositol glycan (PI-G) anchored membrane proteins. Amino acid requirements adjacent to the site of cleavage and PI-G attachment in the COOH-terminal signal peptideL D Gerber
Department of Neurosciences, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
J Biol Chem 267:12168-73. 1992..Thus, just as there is a -1, -3 rule for predicting cleavage by NH2-terminal signal peptidase, there appears to be a comparable omega, omega + 2 rule for predicting cleavage/PI-G addition by COOH-terminal signal transamidase...
- Cloning of an inflammation-specific phosphatidyl inositol-linked form of murine vascular cell adhesion molecule-1P Moy
Biogen, Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
J Biol Chem 268:8835-41. 1993Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM1) is a member of the immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily which interacts with the integrin very late antigen-4 (VLA4)...
- CD106 (VCAM-1) in testicular immunoregulationS Sainio-Pöllänen
Department of Anatomy, University of Turku, Finland
J Reprod Immunol 33:221-38. 1997The expression of CD18, CD49d/CD29, CD44, CD54 and CD106 was studied in the testis of normal mice at various ages, in the cryptorchid testis, in the testis of estrogen-treated mice and in the testis of non-obese diabetic (NOD) mice, ..
- Extension of conserved regions in the rat and mouse genomes by chromosomal assignments of 29 rat genesZ Cui
Institute of Laboratory Animals, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Exp Anim 47:83-8. 1998..In addition, four conserved regions were newly revealed. The method described in this study appears to be simple and efficient for constructing a whole genome comparative map of the rat and mouse...
- The value of gene 'knock-out' for assessing the role of cell adhesion molecules in renal diseaseA McGinty
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, University College Dublin, Ireland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 14:27-9. 1999
- Direct demonstration of P-selectin- and VCAM-1-dependent mononuclear cell rolling in early atherosclerotic lesions of apolipoprotein E-deficient miceC L Ramos
Departments of Biomedical Engineering and Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Circ Res 84:1237-44. 1999....
- Distinct requirements for extra-embryonic and embryonic bone morphogenetic protein 4 in the formation of the node and primitive streak and coordination of left-right asymmetry in the mouseTakeshi Fujiwara
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1161 21st Ave South, Nashville, TN 37232 2175, USA
Development 129:4685-96. 2002....
- Endothelial adhesion molecules in glomerular lesions: association with their severity and diversity in lupus modelsKimihiko Nakatani
Department of Pathology and Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Onsen gun, Ehime, Japan
Kidney Int 65:1290-300. 2004..To clarify whether vascular endothelial adhesion molecules in glomeruli might contribute to the severity and diversity of glomerular lesions in lupus nephritis, their expression in lupus models was analyzed...
- Increased expression of adhesion molecules in uremic atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein-E-deficient miceSusanne Bro
Department of Nephrology P 2131, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:1495-503. 2004....
- Up-regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase inhibits pulmonary leukocyte migration following lung ischemia-reperfusion in miceAlexander Kaminski
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Am J Pathol 164:2241-9. 2004..We conclude that eNOS attenuates post-ischemic inflammatory injury to the lung most probably via inhibition of endothelial adhesion molecule expression...
- STAT5 is required for thymopoiesis in a development stage-specific mannerJoonsoo Kang
Department of Pathology, Graduate Program in Immunology and Virology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Immunol 173:2307-14. 2004....
- Convergent proliferative response and divergent morphogenic pathways induced by epicardial and endocardial signaling in fetal heart developmentJi One Kang
Institute for Genetic Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, IGM240, 2250 Alcazar St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mech Dev 122:57-65. 2005..We therefore conclude that epicardial and endocardial signals converge on common proliferative components, but diverge in downstream pathways that lead to compact vs. trabecular morphogenic differentiation...
- Mechanisms of hypotonicity-induced calcium signaling and integrin activation by arachidonic acid-derived inflammatory mediators in B cellsPeimin Zhu
Department of Pathobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 175:4981-9. 2005....
- Vimentin function in lymphocyte adhesion and transcellular migrationMikko Nieminen
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Abo Akademi University, P O Box 123, FIN 20521 Turku, Finland
Nat Cell Biol 8:156-62. 2006..These data show that intermediate filaments are active in lymphocyte adhesion and transmigration...
- VCAM-1 expression on dystrophic muscle vessels has a critical role in the recruitment of human blood-derived CD133+ stem cells after intra-arterial transplantationManuela Gavina
Stem Cell Laboratory, Department of Neurological Sciences, IRCCS, Centro Dino Ferrari, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Francesco Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
Blood 108:2857-66. 2006....
- Mammalian Polycomb complexes are required for Peyer's patch development by regulating lymphoid cell proliferationToru Sato
Department of Clinical Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chiba, Japan
Gene 379:166-74. 2006..We suggest that PcG complexes may act to mediate certain inductive signals maybe through IL-7Ralpha to allow sufficient proliferation of lymphoid inducer cells during PP organogenesis...
- Low-grade chronic inflammation in regions of the normal mouse arterial intima predisposed to atherosclerosisJenny Jongstra-Bilen
Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
J Exp Med 203:2073-83. 2006..Intimal CD68+ leukocytes were reduced in VCAM-1-deficient mice, suggesting that mechanisms of leukocyte accumulation in the intima of normal aorta are analogous to those in atherosclerosis...
- Importance of IFN-gamma-mediated expression of endothelial VCAM-1 on recruitment of CD8+ T cells into the brain during chronic infection with Toxoplasma gondiiXisheng Wang
Center for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 27:329-38. 2007..gondii infection, although LFA-1/ICAM-1 interaction may also be involved in this process...
- Transcriptional repressor erf determines extraembryonic ectoderm differentiationChara Papadaki
Medical School, University of Crete, Voutes, Heraklion, Crete 710 03, Greece
Mol Cell Biol 27:5201-13. 2007..Our data suggest that attenuation of FGF/Erk signaling and consecutive Erf nuclear localization and function is required for extraembryonic ectoderm differentiation, ectoplacental cone cavity closure, and chorioallantoic attachment...
- The role of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1/ very late activation antigen 4 in endothelial progenitor cell recruitment to rheumatoid arthritis synoviumMatthew D Silverman
University of Michigan Health System, Internal Medicine Department, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:1817-26. 2007..This study was undertaken to investigate the hypothesis that EPCs selectively home to inflamed joint tissue and may perpetuate synovial neovascularization...
- Association of a Vcam1 mutation with atherosclerosis susceptibility in diet-induced models of atherosclerosisToru Miyoshi
Department of Radiology, Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Atherosclerosis 196:234-9. 2008..polymorphism (SNP) between C57BL/6J (B6) and C3H/HeJ (C3H) mouse strains at position 2077 in the coding region of Vcam1 that leads to substitution of an amino acid from aspartic acid (D) to asparagine (N) in the protein product...
- Molecular imaging of inflammation in atherosclerosis with targeted ultrasound detection of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1Beat A Kaufmann
Cardiovascular Division, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Circulation 116:276-84. 2007..We hypothesized that molecular imaging of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression with contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEU) could be used for this purpose...
- siRNA silencing reveals role of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 in vascular smooth muscle cell migrationErik J Petersen
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Atherosclerosis 198:301-6. 2008..Thus, our findings indicate that VCAM-1 is necessary for the migration of smooth muscle cells and interfering VCAM-1 expression could be an effective approach to prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis and restenosis...
- Enhanced expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 by corticotrophin-releasing hormone contributes to progression of atherosclerosis in LDL receptor-deficient miceYuqing Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, PR China
Atherosclerosis 203:360-70. 2009..This study provides a new insight into the effect of CRH on atherosclerosis and suggests a potential target for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis...
- Gene expression of LOX-1, VCAM-1, and ICAM-1 in pre-atherosclerotic miceAnne Mette Fisker Hag
Cluster for Molecular Imaging, Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3b, BMI 12 3 15, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:689-93. 2008..It therefore seems likely that these circulating markers are not suited to detect early atherosclerosis...
- VCAM-1 blockade delays disease onset, reduces disease severity and inflammatory cells in an atopic dermatitis modelLin Chen
Department of Dermatology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Immunol Cell Biol 88:334-42. 2010..VCAM-1 is more critical in developing skin inflammation in this model...
- Inflammatory cytokine-induced intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 in mesenchymal stem cells are critical for immunosuppressionGuangwen Ren
Department of Molecular Genetics, Microbiology, and Immunology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, USA
J Immunol 184:2321-8. 2010..Taken together, these findings reveal a novel function of adhesion molecules in immunoregulation by MSCs and provide new insights for the clinical studies of antiadhesion therapies in various immune disorders...
- Impaired lymphoid organ development in mice lacking the heparan sulfate modifying enzyme glucuronyl C5-epimeraseRogier M Reijmers
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 184:3656-64. 2010....
- Developmental changes of cell adhesion molecule expression in the fetal mouse liverYoshinori Sugiyama
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Shizuoka University, Shizuoka City, Japan
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 293:1698-710. 2010..These results suggest that each cell adhesion molecule may play an important role during development in hepatic histogenesis, including hepatoblast/hepatocyte-stellate cell interactions, hemopoiesis, and bile duct morphogenesis...
- Phosphorylation of p50 NF-kappaB at a single serine residue by DNA-dependent protein kinase is critical for VCAM-1 expression upon TNF treatmentJihang Ju
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Biol Chem 285:41152-60. 2010..Together, these results elucidate a novel mechanism for the involvement of DNA-PK in the positive regulation of p50 NF-κB to drive VCAM-1 expression...
- Temporal pattern of ICAM-I mediated regulatory T cell recruitment to sites of inflammation in adoptive transfer model of multiple sclerosisSebastian Doerck
Department of Neurology, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e15478. 2010..Therefore it is likely to assume that intervention at the blood brain barrier is time dependent and could result in different therapeutic outcomes depending on the phase of CNS lesion development...
- Genome-wide approaches reveal functional interleukin-4-inducible STAT6 binding to the vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 promoterHideto Tozawa
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo 153 8904, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 31:2196-209. 2011..Identification of a novel IL-4-mediated VCAM-1 enhancer may provide a foundation for targeted therapy in vascular disease...
- Runx1 modulates adult hair follicle stem cell emergence and maintenance from distinct embryonic skin compartmentsKaren M Osorio
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Cell Biol 193:235-50. 2011..Thus, a master regulator of hematopoiesis also controls HFSC emergence and maintenance via modulation of bidirectional cross talking between nascent stem cells and their niche...
- Apoptosis regulator through modulating IAP expression (ARIA) controls the PI3K/Akt pathway in endothelial and endothelial progenitor cellsMasahiro Koide
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University School of Medicine, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9472-7. 2011..These functions of ARIA might offer a unique therapeutic potential...
- Cloning of an alternate form of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM1)C Hession
Biogen, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
J Biol Chem 266:6682-5. 1991Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM1) of the Ig superfamily is induced by the inflammatory cytokines interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor on human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Structural requirements for adhesion of soluble recombinant murine vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 to alpha 4 beta 1M E Renz
Department of Immunology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Cell Biol 125:1395-406. 1994..Although these residues, identified as crucial for cell adhesion, are all located in domain 1, it is evident that there is a structural requirement for domains 1 and 2 to be intact so that cell adhesive function can occur...
- Expression of glycophosphatidylinositol-anchored and -non-anchored isoforms of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 in murine stromal and endothelial cellsT Kinashi
Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Leukoc Biol 57:168-73. 1995Monoclonal antibodies to murine vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1, CD106) revealed not only the expected VCAM-1 molecule with an apparent molecular weight of 100 kDa, but also a molecule with a smaller size of 46 kDa in stromal ..
- Expression of functional ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 adhesion molecules by an immortalized epithelial cell clone derived from the small intestineX C Li
Department of Surgery, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Cell Immunol 175:58-66. 1997..These findings suggest that small bowel-derived epithelial cells may be capable of expressing a defined set of functional adhesion molecules during mucosal inflammation...
- Expression of laminin alpha1, alpha2, alpha4, and alpha5 chains, fibronectin, and tenascin-C in skeletal muscle of dystrophic 129ReJ dy/dy miceB Ringelmann
Institute for Experimental Medicine, University of Erlangen Nürnburg, Schwabachanlage 10, Erlangen, Germany
Exp Cell Res 246:165-82. 1999..These results have significant ramifications in the diagnosis of human merosin-negative CMD...
- Pulmonary irradiation-induced expression of VCAM-I and ICAM-I is decreased by manganese superoxide dismutase-plasmid/liposome (MnSOD-PL) gene therapyMichael W Epperly
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Center Institute, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:175-87. 2002....
- Dual functions of [alpha]4[beta]1 integrin in epicardial development: initial migration and long-term attachmentJennifer K Sengbusch
Department of Cell Biology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Cell Biol 157:873-82. 2002..T., H. Rayburn, and R.O. Hynes. 1995. Development. 121:549-560)...
- Regulation of cellular adhesion molecule expression in murine oocytes, peri-implantation and post-implantation embryosDavid P Lu
Department of Pathology, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Cell Res 12:373-83. 2002....
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression and hematopoietic supportive capacity of immortalized murine stromal cell lines derived from fetal liver and adult bone marrowJoyce M Koenig
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 38:538-43. 2002..Our studies suggest that cellular interactions other than those mediated by VCAM-1 are involved in the increased adhesive capacity of immortalized murine stroma derived from fetal liver...
- CHEMOATTRACTANT SIGNALING TO LEUKOCYTE INTEGRINSEugene Butcher; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies should define signaling mechanisms regulating the adhesion of leukocytes and other cells, and may lead to novel therapeutic approaches for the control of neoplastic and inflammatory diseases ..
- VASCULAR-MONOCYTE ADHESION MOLECULE IN ATHEROGENESISEugene Butcher; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed studies will elucidate the structure of this novel vascular receptor and its role in monocyte recruitment in atherogenesis. They may lead to new approaches to the regulation of the atherogenic process. ..
- LASER SCANNING CONFOCAL MICROSCOPERobert Lechleider; Fiscal Year: 2003..Successful funding of this application will fill a clear need for expansion of confocal microscopy facilities on the GUMC campus and will allow for an increase in the quality and quantity of results derived from NIH funded research. ..
- REGULATION OF EMBRYONIC ANGIOGENESIS BY SMAD PROTEINSRobert Lechleider; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will use a combination of genetic, cell biological and biochemical techniques to define the signaling pathways that are mediated by Smad1 and Smad5 during embryonic angiogenesis. ..
- Histone Methyltransferases and TGF-beta SignalingRobert Lechleider; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide the foundation into further analysis of the mechanism of Suv-Smad interaction in transcriptional silencing. ..
- The function of membrane vesiculation in CTLA-4-mediate*Joonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005..To date there has been limited advancement on the ability to increase CTLA-4 function. The proposed model of CTLA-4 function would provide a novel means to increase CTLA-4-mediated inhibition in vivo. ..
- Conference on Leukocyte TraffickingEugene Butcher; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Determination of Mechanism of T cell Lineage CommittmentJoonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term objective of this application is to identify genes that determine T cell lineage fate. ..
- Mechanisms of CTLA-4 FunctionJoonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding these processes is critical for designing novel therapeutic approaches for vaccine development, autoimmune disease, and in transplant and tumor immunology. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL BIOLOGY IN INFLAMMATIONEugene Butcher; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed studies should expand our understanding of the critical role of the vascular endothelium in regulating lymphocyte trafficking during normal and pathologic immune responses. ..
- Novel Dendritic Cell Chemoattractant and ReceptorEugene Butcher; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of T cell development by SOX13Joonsoo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Collectively, the genetic program controlling T cell lineage commitment and maturation will be determined, allowing a better understanding of leukemogenesis. ..
- Intestinal Lymphocyte TraffickingEugene Butcher; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Tolerogenic DC as Therapeutic Agents in GVHDEugene C Butcher; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, these studies will define in detail the potential of CCR9+ pDCs to suppress deleterious effects of GVHD in settings modeling situations in which human patients encounter pathogenic GVHD responses. ..