Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ucn
Alias: Mpv17, Ucn1, urocortin
- Modulation of T-type Ca2+ channels by corticotropin-releasing factor through protein kinase C pathway in MN9D dopaminergic cellsYonjung Kim
Department of Physiology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon 440 746, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:796-801. 2007..The application of CRF-related peptide, urocortin 1, reversibly inhibited T-type Ca(2+) currents, which was a major Ca(2+) channel in the cells...
- Urocortin-deficient mice show hearing impairment and increased anxiety-like behaviorDouglas E Vetter
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Genet 31:363-9. 2002b>Urocortin is a member of the corticotropin-releasing hormone peptide family and is found in many discrete brain regions...
- Systemic urocortin 2, but not urocortin 1 or stressin 1-A, suppresses feeding via CRF2 receptors without malaise and stressE M Fekete
Committee on the Neurobiology of Addictive Disorders, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Br J Pharmacol 164:1959-75. 2011Infusion of corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF)/urocortin (Ucn) family peptides suppresses feeding in mice. We examined whether rats show peripheral CRF/Ucn-induced anorexia and determined its behavioural and pharmacological bases.
- Leptin signaling modulates the activity of urocortin 1 neurons in the mouse nonpreganglionic Edinger-Westphal nucleusLu Xu
Department of Cellular Animal Physiology, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen, 6500 GL Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 152:979-88. 2011..This nucleus hosts the majority of urocortin 1 (Ucn1) neurons in the rodent brain, and because Ucn1 is a potent satiety hormone and electrical lesioning of ..
- A triple urocortin knockout mouse model reveals an essential role for urocortins in stress recoveryAdi Neufeld-Cohen
Department of Neurobiology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19020-5. 2010..The urocortin neuropeptides are members of the corticotropin-releasing factor family and are associated with the central ..
- Dissection of corticotropin-releasing factor system involvement in locomotor sensitivity to methamphetamineW J Giardino
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and Methamphetamine Abuse Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Genes Brain Behav 10:78-89. 2011..mice, each deficient for a single component of the CRF system: CRF-R1, CRF-R2, CRF, or the CRF-related peptide Urocortin 1 (Ucn1)...
- Postnatal developmental profile of urocortin 1 and cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript in the perioculomotor region of C57BL/6J miceAnita Cservenka
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Brain Res 1319:33-43. 2010b>Urocortin 1 (Ucn 1) is an endogenous corticotropin releasing factor (CRF)-related peptide...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor-1 receptor involvement in behavioral neuroadaptation to ethanol: a urocortin1-independent mechanismRaul Pastor
Departments of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9070-5. 2008..Because CRF1 receptors are also activated by urocortin-1 (Ucn1), we tested Ucn1 knockout mice for EtOH sensitization and found normal sensitization in this genotype...
- Galectin-1 overexpression in endometriosis and its regulation by neuropeptides (CRH, UCN) indicating its important role in reproduction and inflammationAikaterini Vergetaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical School, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
PLoS ONE 9:e114229. 2014..Also, the neuropeptides, corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) and urocortin (UCN) and their receptors are expressed in eutopic and ectopic endometrium showing a differential expression ..
- Expression of corticotropin-releasing factor and urocortins in the normal and Schistosoma mansoni-infected mouse ileumRoeland Buckinx
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Histology, Department of Veterinary Sciences, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Cell Tissue Res 359:453-63. 2015..Furthermore, UCN2 and UCN3 were found in the musculature. During acute schistosomiasis, UCN1 showed an increased immunoreactivity in blood vessels and UCN3 was de novo expressed mainly in submucous neurons...
- The cytokine ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) activates hypothalamic urocortin-expressing neurons both in vitro and in vivoMatthew J Purser
Department of Physiology, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e61616. 2013..line that endogenously expresses the CNTF receptor to examine the direct effects of CNTF on mRNA levels of urocortin-1, urocortin-2, agouti-related peptide, brain-derived neurotrophic factor, and neurotensin...
- Urocortin is a novel regulator of osteoclast differentiation and function through inhibition of a canonical transient receptor potential 1-like cation channelCharlotte E Combs
Department of Cellular Pathology, St George s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 ORE, UK
J Endocrinol 212:187-97. 2012This study investigated the role of urocortin (UCN), a member of the corticotrophin-releasing factor (CRF) family of peptides, in osteoclast maturation and function. We found that 10(-7) M UCN significantly (P<0...
- Restraint stress alters the secretory activity of neurons co-expressing urocortin-1, cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript peptide and nesfatin-1 in the mouse Edinger-Westphal nucleusBernard Okere
Department of Animal Biology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via Campi, 213 D, 41100 Modena, Italy
Brain Res 1317:92-9. 2010Central stress regulatory pathways utilize various neuropeptides, such as urocortin-1 (Ucn1) and cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript peptide (CART)...
- Impaired adaptation to repeated restraint and decreased response to cold in urocortin 1 knockout miceAlena A Zalutskaya
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Thier 1051, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E259-63. 2007b>Urocortin 1 (UCN1) is a corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF)-like peptide whose role in stress is not well characterized...
- Cannabinoid modulation of midbrain urocortin 1 neurones during acute and chronic stressN M Derks
Department of Cellular Animal Physiology, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Centre for Neuroscience, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Neuroendocrinol 24:1447-61. 2012Neurones in the centrally projecting Edinger-Westphal nucleus (EWcp) are the main site of urocortin 1 (Ucn1) synthesis in the mammalian brain, and are assumed to play a role in the stress response of the animal...
- Urocortin-1 within the centrally-projecting Edinger-Westphal nucleus is critical for ethanol preferenceWilliam J Giardino
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e26997. 2011..involvement of neurons of the centrally projecting Edinger-Westphal nucleus (EWcp) containing the neuropeptide Urocortin-1 (Ucn1) in excessive ethanol (EtOH) intake and EtOH sensitivity...
- Urocortin 1 and Urocortin 2 induce macrophage apoptosis via CRFR2Christos Tsatsanis
Department of Clinical Chemistry Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete GR 710 03, Greece
FEBS Lett 579:4259-64. 2005..In conclusion, our data suggest that endogenous CRFR2 ligands exert an anti-inflammatory effect via induction of macrophage apoptosis...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor and the urocortins induce the expression of TLR4 in macrophages via activation of the transcription factors PU.1 and AP-1Christos Tsatsanis
Department of Clinical Chemistry Biochemistry, University of Crete, Greece
J Immunol 176:1869-77. 2006..Exposure of peritoneal macrophages and RAW 264.7 cells to CRF, UCN1, or UCN2 up-regulated TLR4 mRNA and protein levels...
- Presence of estrogen receptor beta in urocortin 1-neurons in the mouse non-preganglionic Edinger-Westphal nucleusNicole M Derks
Department of Cellular Animal Physiology, Integrative Physiology, EURON Graduate School for Neuroscience, Radboud University Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Gen Comp Endocrinol 153:228-34. 2007Adaptation to stress involves the activity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA-) axis. Urocortin 1 (Ucn1) coordinates responses to stressors...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and urocortin promote the survival of cultured cerebellar GABAergic neurons through the type 1 CRF receptorJae Sun Choi
Department of Anatomy, Center for Molecular Medicine, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:518-26. 2006..investigated the trophic role for CRF family of peptides by culturing cerebellar neurons in the presence of CRF, urocortin or urocortin II...
- Regulation of urocortin I and its related peptide urocortin II by inflammatory and oxidative stresses in HL-1 cardiomyocytesKeiichi Ikeda
Department of Pharmacology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Mol Endocrinol 42:479-89. 2009Despite our knowledge on the regulation of urocortin (Ucn) I and its related peptides in the heart, the possible involvement of cardiovascular stress substances, such as cytokines or angiotensin II (Ang II), on this regulation remains to ..
- Urocortin and adrenomedullin prevent lethal endotoxemia by down-regulating the inflammatory responseElena Gonzalez-Rey
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Avd Conocimiento, Parque Tecnologico Ciencias de la Salud, Granada 18100, Spain
Am J Pathol 168:1921-30. 2006b>Urocortin 1 (UCN) and adrenomedullin (AM) are two neuropeptides that have emerged as potential endogenous anti-inflammatory factors based on their production by and binding to immune cells...
- Urocortin 1 in the dorsal raphe regulates food and fluid consumption, but not ethanol preference in C57BL/6J miceA Z Weitemier
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University and Portland Alcohol Research Center, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuroscience 137:1439-45. 2006The midbrain-localized Edinger-Westphal nucleus is a major site of production of urocortin 1...
- Differential gene expression in mutant mice overexpressing or deficient in the serotonin transporter: a focus on urocortin 1Veronique Fabre
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Site Pitié Salpêtrière, IFR 70 des Neurosciences, UMR S677, Paris, F 75013, France
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 21:33-44. 2011..Among genes with altered expression, the gene encoding the neuropeptide urocortin 1 was down-regulated in 5-HTT KO and up-regulated in 5-HTT TG mice...
- Urocortin expression in the Edinger-Westphal nucleus is down-regulated in transgenic mice over-expressing neuronal corticotropin-releasing factorT Kozicz
Department of Cellular Animal Physiology, Nijmegen Institute for Neurosciences, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 123:589-94. 2004..b>Urocortin (Ucn), a recently discovered member of the CRF peptide family may play a role in the pathophysiology of stress-..
- Urocortin-deficient mice display normal stress-induced anxiety behavior and autonomic control but an impaired acoustic startle responseXiaozhong Wang
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Division of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:6605-10. 2002..Its actions are mediated through two receptors, Crhr1 and Crhr2. Urocortin (Ucn), a Crh-related neuropeptide and the postulated endogenous ligand for Crhr2, is a potential mediator of ..
- Separate locations of urocortin and its receptors in mouse testis: function in male reproduction and the relevant mechanismsJin Tao
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, PR China
Cell Physiol Biochem 19:303-12. 2007b>Urocortin (UCN), a newly identified corticotrophin-releasing-factor (CRF) related peptide, has been demonstrated to play important roles in female reproductive system...
- Urocortin expression in the Edinger-Westphal nucleus is up-regulated by stress and corticotropin-releasing hormone deficiencyS C Weninger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 141:256-63. 2000b>Urocortin is a 40-amino acid mammalian peptide related to CRH and urotensin. The physiological role of urocortin is unknown, but it has been postulated to serve some of the functions previously attributed to CRH...
- Urocortin reduces food intake and gastric emptying in lean and ob/ob obese miceA Asakawa
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Gastroenterology 116:1287-92. 1999Gastric emptying plays an important role in regulating food intake. This study was designed to investigate whether intraperitoneally injected urocortin reduces gastric emptying, feeding, and body weight in lean and ob/ob obese mice.
- The structures of the mouse and human urocortin genes (Ucn and UCN)L Zhao
The Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genomics 50:23-33. 1998The mouse and human urocortin genes (Ucn and UCN, respectively) have been isolated, characterized, and found to have very similar structures...