Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trim21
Description: tripartite motif-containing 21
Alias: Ro52, Ssa1, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase TRIM21, 52 kDa Ro protein, 52 kDa ribonucleoprotein autoantigen Ro/SS-A, 52kD Ro/SSA autoantigen, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase TRIM21, SS-A, Sjogren syndrome antigen A1, ro(SS-A), sjoegren syndrome type A antigen, tripartite motif protein 21, tripartite motif-containing protein 21
- Cutting edge: autoantigen Ro52 is an interferon inducible E3 ligase that ubiquitinates IRF-8 and enhances cytokine expression in macrophagesHee Jeong Kong
Laboratory of Molecular Growth Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 6 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 179:26-30. 2007..Immunopurification and mass spectrometry analysis found that IRF-8 interacted with Ro52 in murine macrophages upon IFN-gamma and TLR stimulation...
- TRIM21 is an IgG receptor that is structurally, thermodynamically, and kinetically conservedAnthony H Keeble
Division of Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Medical Research Council, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6045-50. 2008..Here we show that TRIM21, which mediates the autoimmune diseases rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and Sjögren's ..
- Gene disruption study reveals a nonredundant role for TRIM21/Ro52 in NF-kappaB-dependent cytokine expression in fibroblastsRyusuke Yoshimi
Laboratory of Molecular Growth Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 182:7527-38. 2009The tripartite motif (TRIM) family member, TRIM21, is an E3 ubiquitin ligase for IFN regulatory factor (IRF)3 and IRF8 that functions in both innate and acquired immunity. It is also an autoantigen known as Ro52/SS-A...
- Loss of the lupus autoantigen Ro52/Trim21 induces tissue inflammation and systemic autoimmunity by disregulating the IL-23-Th17 pathwayAlexander Espinosa
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm SE 171 77, Sweden
J Exp Med 206:1661-71. 2009Ro52/Trim21 is targeted as an autoantigen in systemic lupus erythematosus and Sjögren's syndrome...
- Intracellular antibody-bound pathogens stimulate immune signaling via the Fc receptor TRIM21William A McEwan
Division of Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry, Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nat Immunol 14:327-36. 2013..carried into the infected cell, where they are detected by the ubiquitously expressed cytosolic antibody receptor TRIM21. Here we found that recognition of intracellular antibodies by TRIM21 activated immune signaling...
- TRIM21 Immune Signaling Is More Sensitive to Antibody Affinity Than Its Neutralization ActivityStian Foss
Centre for Immune Regulation, Department of Biosciences, University of Oslo, N 0371 Oslo, Norway Centre for Immune Regulation, Department of Immunology, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, N 0424 Oslo, Norway
J Immunol 196:3452-9. 2016Ab-coated viruses can be detected in the cytosol by the FcR tripartite motif-containing 21 (TRIM21), which rapidly recruits the proteasomal machinery and triggers induction of immune signaling...
- TRIM21 Ubiquitylates SQSTM1/p62 and Suppresses Protein Sequestration to Regulate Redox HomeostasisJi An Pan
Department of Chemical Biology, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, 164 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA Electronic address
Mol Cell 61:720-33. 2016b>TRIM21 is a RING finger domain-containing ubiquitin E3 ligase whose expression is elevated in autoimmune disease...
- Identification of Viral and Host Proteins That Interact with Murine Gammaherpesvirus 68 Latency-Associated Nuclear Antigen during Lytic Replication: a Role for Hsc70 in Viral ReplicationEduardo Salinas
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas USA Center for Microbial Pathogenesis and Host Inflammatory Responses, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas USA
J Virol 90:1397-413. 2015..Together these experiments identify proteins engaged by mLANA during the MHV68 lytic replication cycle and define a previously unknown role for Hsc70 in facilitating MHV68 lytic replication...
- Translocalized IgA mediates neutralization and stimulates innate immunity inside infected cellsSusanna R Bidgood
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Division of Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry, Cambridge CB2 0QH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:13463-8. 2014..IgA-virion complexes colocalize with the high-affinity antibody receptor tripartite motif-containing protein 21 (TRIM21) and are positive for lysine-48 ubiquitin chains...
- E2/Estrogen receptor/sjogren syndrome-associated autoantigen relieves coactivator activator-induced G1/S arrest to promote breast tumorigenicityYun Kyoung Kang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Mol Cell Biol 34:1670-81. 2014..We propose this as one potential molecular basis for the reduced tumor incidence in autoimmune disease patients and suggest SSA as a potential therapeutic target to treat breast cancer...
- Intracellular antibody receptor TRIM21 prevents fatal viral infectionMarina Vaysburd
Division of Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry, Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge CB2 0QH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:12397-401. 2013..Here we show that tripartite-motif protein 21 (TRIM21), a ubiquitously expressed E3 ubiquitin ligase that targets viruses inside the cytosol, protects mice against ..
- Simultaneous neutralization and innate immune detection of a replicating virus by TRIM21R E Watkinson
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Division of Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Virol 87:7309-13. 2013Tripartite motif-containing 21 (TRIM21) is a cytosolic immunoglobulin receptor that mediates antibody-dependent intracellular neutralization (ADIN)...
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase TRIM21 negatively regulates the innate immune response to intracellular double-stranded DNAZhiqiang Zhang
Baylor Institute for Immunology Research, Baylor Research Institute, Dallas, Texas, USA
Nat Immunol 14:172-8. 2013..We identified the E3 ligase TRIM21 as a DDX41-interacting protein and found that knockdown of or deficiency in TRIM21 resulted in enhanced type I ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of the E3 ubiquitin ligase TRIM21 positively regulates interaction with IRF3 and hence TRIM21 activityKevin B Stacey
Department Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics, Royal College Surgeons in Ireland Research Institute, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS ONE 7:e34041. 2012..b>TRIM21, an autoantigen associated with SLE, has been identified as an ubiquitin E3 ligase that targets the transcription ..
- Alloimmunization against RBC or PLT antigens is independent of TRIM21 expression in a murine modelSeema R Patel
Center for Transfusion and Cellular Therapies, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Immunol 48:909-13. 2011..has forwarded the hypothesis that a polymorphism in an immunoregulatory gene in close proximity to beta-globin (TRIM21 rs660) plays a role in the increased rates of RBC alloimmunization in sickle cell patients...
- The subcellular distribution of an RNA quality control protein, the Ro autoantigen, is regulated by noncoding Y RNA bindingSoyeong Sim
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1555-64. 2009..Together, these data reveal that Ro contains a signal for nuclear accumulation that is masked by a bound Y RNA and suggest that Y RNA binding may be modulated during cell stress...
- Structural differences between the human and mouse 52-kD Ro autoantigens associated with poorly conserved autoantibody activity across speciesC L Keech
Centre for Transfusion Medicine and Immunology, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, Australia
Clin Exp Immunol 104:255-63. 1996..The putative leucine-zipper and zinc-finger motifs present in human Ro52 were conserved in the mouse protein...