Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trim2
Description: tripartite motif-containing 2
Alias: mKIAA0517, narf, tripartite motif-containing protein 2, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase TRIM2, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase TRIM2, neural activity-related ring finger protein, tripartite motif protein 2, tripartite motif protein TRIM2
- Molecular cloning and characterization of neural activity-related RING finger protein (NARF): a new member of the RBCC family is a candidate for the partner of myosin VN Ohkawa
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoi cho, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
J Neurochem 78:75-87. 2001..One of these genes, neural activity-related RING finger protein (NARF), encodes a new protein containing a RING finger, B-box zinc finger, coiled-coil (RBCC domain) and beta-propeller (..
- Deficiency in ubiquitin ligase TRIM2 causes accumulation of neurofilament light chain and neurodegenerationMartin Balastik
Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12016-21. 2008..Here, we show that TRIM RING finger protein TRIM2, highly expressed in the nervous system, is an UbcH5a-dependent ubiquitin ligase...
- The E3-ubiquitin ligase TRIM2 regulates neuronal polarizationMohammad R Khazaei
Department of Neurology, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, University Hospital of Munster, Munster, Germany
J Neurochem 117:29-37. 2011..Here, we show that the tripartite motif (TRIM)-NHL protein TRIM2 is regulating axon specification in cultured mouse hippocampal neurons, where one of several initially ..
- Identification of a novel Bcl-2-interacting mediator of cell death (Bim) E3 ligase, tripartite motif-containing protein 2 (TRIM2), and its role in rapid ischemic tolerance-induced neuroprotectionSimon Thompson
Neuroscience Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310 1495, USA
J Biol Chem 286:19331-9. 2011..Using phosphorylated GST-Bim as bait, we precipitated and identified by mass spectrometry tripartite motif protein 2 (TRIM2), a RING (really interesting new gene) domain-containing protein...
- FBXW7 mutations typically found in human cancers are distinct from null alleles and disrupt lung developmentHayley Davis
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford University, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
J Pathol 224:180-9. 2011..Fbxw7(R482Q) alleles are not functionally equivalent to heterozygous or homozygous null alleles, and we propose that they are selected in tumourigenesis because they cause a selective or partial loss of FBXW7 function...