Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tpsg1
Description: tryptase gamma 1
Alias: Prss31, Tmt, tryptase gamma, transmembrane tryptase
- Importance of mast cell Prss31/transmembrane tryptase/tryptase-γ in lung function and experimental chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and colitisPhilip M Hansbro
From the Centre for Asthma and Respiratory Disease, University of Newcastle and Hunter Medical Research Institute, Newcastle, New South Wales 2308, Australia
J Biol Chem 289:18214-27. 2014Protease serine member S31 (Prss31)/transmembrane tryptase/tryptase-γ is a mast cell (MC)-restricted protease of unknown function that is retained on the outer leaflet of the plasma membrane when MCs are activated...
- Identification of a new member of the tryptase family of mouse and human mast cell proteases which possesses a novel COOH-terminal hydrophobic extensionG W Wong
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30784-93. 1999..Comparative structural studies indicated that the putative transmembrane tryptase (TMT) possesses a unique substrate-binding cleft...
- Characterization of human gamma-tryptases, novel members of the chromosome 16p mast cell tryptase and prostasin gene familiesG H Caughey
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Immunol 164:6566-75. 2000..In summary, this work describes gamma-tryptases, which are novel members of chromosome 16p tryptase/prostasin gene families. Their unique features suggest possibly novel functions...
- Mouse chromosome 17A3.3 contains 13 genes that encode functional tryptic-like serine proteases with distinct tissue and cell expression patternsGuang W Wong
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 279:2438-52. 2004..This information provides a useful framework for the functional analysis of each protease using gene targeting and other molecular approaches...
- Murine implantation serine proteinases 1 and 2: structure, function and evolutionLin Tang
Department of Oncology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Gene 364:30-6. 2005..Inhibition of ISP proteolytic function has implicated this enzyme in the processes of embryo hatching and implantation...
- The ets-domain transcription factor Spdef promotes maturation of goblet and paneth cells in the intestinal epitheliumAlex Gregorieff
Hubrecht Institute, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 137:1333-45.e1-3. 2009..In this study, we investigated the role of the Wnt-responsive, Ets-domain transcription factor Spdef in the differentiation of goblet and Paneth cells...