Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tlr8
Description: toll-like receptor 8
Alias: toll-like receptor 8
- A five-amino-acid motif in the undefined region of the TLR8 ectodomain is required for species-specific ligand recognitionJin Liu
Immunology Program, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Mol Immunol 47:1083-90. 2010Toll-like receptors play important roles in regulating immunity against microbial infections. Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) belongs to a subfamily comprising TLR7, TLR8 and TLR9...
- High-throughput engineering of the mouse genome coupled with high-resolution expression analysisDavid M Valenzuela
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 777 Old Saw Mill Road, Tarrytown, New York 10591, USA
Nat Biotechnol 21:652-9. 2003..5-1.0% of the entire genome. We also provide dozens of informative expression patterns involving cells in the nervous system, immune system, vasculature, skeleton, fat and other tissues...
- TLR8 deficiency leads to autoimmunity in miceOlivier Demaria
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
J Clin Invest 120:3651-62. 2010..However, the function of TLR8 is largely unknown. In the current study, we investigated the role of TLR8 signaling in immunity in mice...
- Toll-like receptor 8-mediated activation of murine plasmacytoid dendritic cells by vaccinia viral DNAJennifer Martinez
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6442-7. 2010..Using HEK293 cells transfected with murine TLR7 or TLR8 and a NF-kappaB luciferase reporter, we demonstrated that stimulation of TLR8-, but not TLR7-, transfected cells ..
- Recognition of nucleic acid and nucleic acid analogs by Toll-like receptors 7, 8 and 9Stefan Bauer
Institut fur Immunology, Philipps Universitat Marburg, BMFZ, Hans Meerweinstr 2, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Immunobiology 213:315-28. 2008..However, a role in the generation or perpetuation of autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) has also been suggested...
- Identification of RNA sequence motifs stimulating sequence-specific TLR8-dependent immune responsesAlexandra Forsbach
Coley Pharmaceutical GmbH, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Immunol 180:3729-38. 2008..single-stranded RNA sequences containing defined sequence motifs that either preferentially activate human TLR8-mediated as opposed to TLR7- or TLR7/8-mediated immune responses...
- Toll-like receptor 8 functions as a negative regulator of neurite outgrowth and inducer of neuronal apoptosisYinghua Ma
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 175:209-15. 2006..We report that TLR8 is dynamically expressed during mouse brain development and localizes to neurons and axons...
- Cutting edge: activation of murine TLR8 by a combination of imidazoquinoline immune response modifiers and polyT oligodeoxynucleotidesKeith K B Gorden
Department of Pharmacology, 3M Pharmaceuticals, St Paul, MN 55144, USA
J Immunol 177:6584-7. 2006Synthetic immune response modifiers (IRM) such as imidazoquinolines can selectively activate human TLR7 or TLR8. Although these endosomal TLRs are close relatives, TLR7-deficient mice are unresponsive to TLR8 agonist IRMs...
- Human TLR7 or TLR8 independently confer responsiveness to the antiviral compound R-848Marion Jurk
Nat Immunol 3:499. 2002
- Species-specific recognition of single-stranded RNA via toll-like receptor 7 and 8Florian Heil
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, Technische Universitat Munchen, Trogerstr 9, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Science 303:1526-9. 2004..By using Toll-like receptor (TLR)-deficient mice and genetic complementation, we show that murine TLR7 and human TLR8 mediate species-specific recognition of GU-rich ssRNA...
- Regulation of angiogenesis, mural cell recruitment and adventitial macrophage behavior by Toll-like receptorsAlfred C Aplin
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Angiogenesis 17:147-61. 2014..These results suggest that the TLR system participates in the angiogenic response of the vessel wall to injury and may play an important role in the regulation of inflammatory angiogenesis in reactive and pathologic processes. ..
- Modulation of murine macrophage TLR7/8-mediated cytokine expression by mesenchymal stem cell-conditioned mediumTakahiro Asami
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Mediators Inflamm 2013:264260. 2013..is known about the effect of MSCs or their secretions on the ligand response of Toll-like receptor (TLR) 7 and TLR8, receptors that recognize viral single-stranded RNA (ssRNA)...
- Evidence for a detrimental role of TLR8 in ischemic strokeSung Chun Tang
Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Exp Neurol 250:341-7. 2013..However, relatively little is known about the role of TLR8 in ischemic stroke...
- Inosine-mediated modulation of RNA sensing by Toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7) and TLR8Soroush T Sarvestani
Centre for Cancer Research, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Virol 88:799-810. 2014..Our results suggest a novel function of A-to-I RNA editing, which is to facilitate TLR7/8 sensing of phagocytosed viral RNA. ..
- Suppression of molecular inflammatory pathways by Toll-like receptor 7, 8, and 9 antagonists in a model of IL-23-induced skin inflammationMayte Suárez-Fariñas
Laboratory for Investigative Dermatology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, United States of America Center for Clinical and Translational Science, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e84634. 2013....
- TLR8 on dendritic cells and TLR9 on B cells restrain TLR7-mediated spontaneous autoimmunity in C57BL/6 miceBenoit Desnues
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Aix Marseille University UM 2, 13288 Marseille, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:1497-502. 2014..Toll-like receptor (TLR)7, TLR8, and TLR9 sense microbial or endogenous nucleic acids and are implicated in the development of SLE...
- Dosage of X-linked Toll-like receptor 8 determines gender differences in the development of systemic lupus erythematosusBenjamin R Umiker
Program in Immunology, Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Department of Integrative Physiology and Pathobiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Eur J Immunol 44:1503-16. 2014..Autoantibody was produced in mice with single deletions of Tlr7, Tlr8, or Tlr9 or combined deletions of Tlr7 and Tlr9...
- Myeloid-specific Rictor deletion induces M1 macrophage polarization and potentiates in vivo pro-inflammatory response to lipopolysaccharideWilliam T Festuccia
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 9:e95432. 2014..These observations suggest that approaches aimed at modulating mTORC2 activity may represent a possible therapeutic approach for diseases linked to excessive inflammation...
- Testosterone persistently dysregulates hepatic expression of Tlr6 and Tlr8 induced by Plasmodium chabaudi malariaSaleh Al-Quraishy
Department of Zoology, College of Science, King Saud University, P O Box 2455, Riyadh, 11451, Saudi Arabia
Parasitol Res 113:3609-20. 2014..Our data reveal that T induces a 9.1-fold downregulation of Tlr6 mRNA and 6.3-fold upregulation of Tlr8 mRNA...
- Humanized TLR7/8 expression drives proliferative multisystemic histiocytosis in C57BL/6 miceJessica M Snyder
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America Comparative Pathology Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e107257. 2014A humanized TLR7/TLR8 transgenic mouse line was engineered for studies using TLR7/8 ligands as vaccine adjuvants...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of murine toll‑like receptor 8Tingting Li
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Key Laboratory of Veterinary Public Health of Ministry of Agriculture, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lanzhou, Gansu 730046, P R China
Mol Med Rep 13:1119-26. 2016..b>TLR8 is a member of several endosome nucleic acid-sensing TLRs; however little attention has been paid to murine TLR8 (..
- The role of TLR8 signaling in acute myeloid leukemia differentiationJ J Ignatz-Hoover
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Leukemia 29:918-26. 2015..We present evidence that the TLR8 activation promotes AML differentiation and growth inhibition in a TLR8/MyD88/p38-dependent manner...
- TLR9 and TLR7/8 activation induces formation of keratic precipitates and giant macrophages in the mouse corneaHolly R Chinnery
Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Monash University, Victoria, Australia School of Molecular Sciences, Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Australia Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom and Ocular Immunology Program, Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
J Leukoc Biol 97:103-10. 2015..We suggest that giant cell formation, which is a characteristic feature of granuloma formation in many tissues, may be a unique feature of TLR9- and TLR7/8-mediated macrophage activation. ..
- Toll-like receptor 8 deletion accelerates autoimmunity in a mouse model of lupus through a Toll-like receptor 7-dependent mechanismNgoc Lan Tran
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Immunology 145:60-70. 2015..In contrast, very little is known about endogenous TLR8 activation in mice. We therefore tested whether TLR8 could affect autoimmune responses in a murine model of lupus...
- Overexpression of Toll-like receptor 8 correlates with the progression of podocyte injury in murine autoimmune glomerulonephritisJunpei Kimura
Laboratory of Anatomy, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Sci Rep 4:7290. 2014..In particular, the expression of Tlr8 and its downstream cytokines was markedly increased...
- The Lipid-Modifying Enzyme SMPDL3B Negatively Regulates Innate ImmunityLeonhard X Heinz
CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cell Rep 11:1919-28. 2015..Taken together, our results identify the membrane-modulating enzyme SMPDL3B as a negative regulator of TLR signaling that functions at the interface of membrane biology and innate immunity...
- A single naturally occurring 2'-O-methylation converts a TLR7- and TLR8-activating RNA into a TLR8-specific ligandStephanie Jung
Institut fur Immunologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, BMFZ, Marburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0120498. 2015TLR7 and TLR8 recognize RNA from pathogens and lead to subsequent immune stimulation...
- A Toll-like receptor 7, 8, and 9 antagonist inhibits Th1 and Th17 responses and inflammasome activation in a model of IL-23-induced psoriasisWeiwen Jiang
Idera Pharmaceuticals, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Invest Dermatol 133:1777-84. 2013..The antagonist has the potential for the treatment of psoriasis and other autoimmune diseases...
- TLR7 negatively regulates dendrite outgrowth through the Myd88-c-Fos-IL-6 pathwayHsin Yu Liu
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Neurosci 33:11479-93. 2013..Although both TLR7 and TLR8 recognize single-stranded RNA (ssRNA), the results of quantitative reverse transcription-PCR suggested that TLR7 is ..
- Expression of Toll-like receptors in the developing brainDavid Kaul
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e37767. 2012..In contrast, expression of TLR1-6, TLR8, MyD88, and TRIF mRNA displayed no significant changes in the different phases of brain development...
- Estrogen receptor alpha modulates Toll-like receptor signaling in murine lupusMelissa A Cunningham
Medical University of South Carolina, Division of Rheumatology and Immunology and Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Hospital, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Clin Immunol 144:1-12. 2012....
- [Toll-like receptor 8: the awkward TLR]Lena Alexopoulou
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Aix Marseille Universite, Case 906, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Med Sci (Paris) 28:96-102. 2012..TLR1 to TLR9 are common in mice and humans and recognize similar ligands in both species, with the exception of TLR8. Human TLR7 and TLR8 and mouse TLR7 detect viral single-stranded RNA and imidazoquinoline compounds, while mouse ..
- TLR agonists downregulate H2-O in CD8alpha- dendritic cellsGavin W Porter
Immunology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Immunol 187:4151-60. 2011....
- TLR8-mediated NF-kappaB and JNK activation are TAK1-independent and MEKK3-dependentJinzhong Qin
Department of Immunology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 281:21013-21. 2006b>TLR8-mediated NF-kappaB and IRF7 activation are abolished in human IRAK-deficient 293 cells and IRAK4-deficient fibroblast cells...
- The functional effects of physical interactions among Toll-like receptors 7, 8, and 9Jianyong Wang
Department of Pharmacology, 3M Pharmaceutical Division, St Paul, Minnesota 55144, USA
J Biol Chem 281:37427-34. 2006..The other TLRs that are evolutionarily closely related and highly homologous are TLR7, TLR8, and TLR9...
- Toll-like receptorsP Dasari
Child Health Research Institute, Women s and Children s Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 22:17-26. 2008..Some of ten toll-like receptors identified in humans are able to recognise several pathogen-associated molecular patterns...
- [The expression of Toll-like receptor 8 and cytokines in rheumatoid arthritis mice induced by chicken II collogen]Fei Mao
School of Medical Science and Laboratory Medicine, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 25:312-4, 318. 2009To explore the expression of Toll-like receptor 8(TLR8)in rheumatoid arthritis induced by chicken II collogen in mice and analyze the relation of TLR8 to IL-10, IL-17A and IL-1beta.
- TLR8-dependent TNF-(alpha) overexpression in Fanconi anemia group C cellsScott M Vanderwerf
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Blood 114:5290-8. 2009..Finding that Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) was one of the proteins ubiquitinylated only in mutant cells, we confirmed that TLR8 (or a TLR8-associated protein)..
- Cutting edge: IL-21 and TLR signaling regulate germinal center responses in a B cell-intrinsic mannerJuliana Bessa
Cytos Biotechnology, Wagistrasse 25, Schlieren 8952, Switzerland
J Immunol 184:4615-9. 2010..Hence, IL-21 acts directly on B cells and cooperates with TLR signaling for optimal B cell responses...
- Regulation of Toll-like receptor-induced chemokine production in murine dendritic cells by mitogen-activated protein kinasesDaniel Mitchell
The Queensland Institute of Medical Research, PO Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia
Mol Immunol 47:2065-73. 2010..The chemokine response of DCs induced by TLR agonists appears complex and could have important implications for vaccine design...
- Mast cells as sensors of cell injury through IL-33 recognitionMattias Enoksson
Clinical Immunology and Allergy Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 186:2523-8. 2011..Our findings identify IL-33 as a key danger signal released by necrotic structural cells capable of activating mast cells, thus providing novel insights concerning the role of mast cells as sensors of cell injury...
- Painful pathways induced by TLR stimulation of dorsal root ganglion neuronsJia Qi
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Cancer and Inflammatory Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 186:6417-26. 2011..Taken together, these data indicate that stimulation of peripheral neurons by TLR ligands can induce nerve pain...
- Protective T cell immunity in mice following protein-TLR7/8 agonist-conjugate immunization requires aggregation, type I IFN, and multiple DC subsetsKathrin Kastenmüller
Vaccine Research Center and Cellular Immunology Section, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1782-96. 2011....
- Poly-thymidine oligonucleotides mediate activation of murine glial cells primarily through TLR7, not TLR8Min Du
Laboratory of Persistent Viral Diseases, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Hamilton, Montana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22454. 2011The functional role of murine TLR8 in the inflammatory response of the central nervous system (CNS) remains unclear. Murine TLR8 does not appear to respond to human TLR7/8 agonists, due to a five amino acid deletion in the ectodomain...