Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tirap
Description: toll-interleukin 1 receptor (TIR) domain-containing adaptor protein
Alias: AA407980, C130027E04Rik, Mal, Tlr4ap, Wyatt, toll/interleukin-1 receptor domain-containing adapter protein, TIR domain-containing adapter protein, Toll-like receptor 4 adaptor protein, adaptor protein Wyatt, myD88 adapter-like protein
- Caspase-1-induced pyroptosis is an innate immune effector mechanism against intracellular bacteriaEdward A Miao
Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Immunol 11:1136-42. 2010..This demonstrates that activation of caspase-1 clears intracellular bacteria in vivo independently of IL-1β and IL-18 and establishes pyroptosis as an efficient mechanism of bacterial clearance by the innate immune system...
- Long-term exposure to IL-1beta enhances Toll-IL-1 receptor-mediated inflammatory signaling in murine airway hyperresponsivenessYaping Zhang
Division of ENT Diseases, Department of CLINTEC, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Eur Cytokine Netw 20:148-56. 2009..Understanding cytokine-induced activation of the Toll-IL-1 receptor-mediated inflammatory signaling mechanisms may provide new options for the treatment of airway inflammation and AHR...
- MyD88-dependent IL-1 receptor signaling is essential for gouty inflammation stimulated by monosodium urate crystalsChun Jen Chen
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2262-71. 2006..In contrast, other TIR adaptor molecules, TIRAP/Mal, TRIF, and TRAM, are not required for this process...
- Endotoxin uptake in mouse liver is blocked by endotoxin pretreatment through a suppressor of cytokine signaling-1-dependent mechanismMelanie J Scott
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Hepatology 49:1695-708. 2009..SOCS1 is known to interact with Toll/IL-1 receptor associated protein (TIRAP) and cause TIRAP ubiquitination and degradation, which regulates TLR signaling...
- Essential roles for NF-kappa B and a Toll/IL-1 receptor domain-specific signal(s) in the induction of I kappa B-zetaAkiko Eto
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:495-501. 2003..These results indicate the existence of another signal essential for I kappa B-zeta induction, which is specifically mediated by the TIR domain-mediated signaling pathway...
- Toll-IL-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein is critical for early lung immune responses against Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide and viable Escherichia coliSamithamby Jeyaseelan
Division of Respiratory Infections, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Immunol 175:7484-95. 2005..Toll-IL-1R domain-containing adaptor protein (TIRAP) is a key molecule in the TLR4 and 2 signaling...
- NF-kappaB activation by the Toll-IL-1 receptor domain protein MyD88 adapter-like is regulated by caspase-1Sinead M Miggin
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3372-7. 2007..Both use the adapter proteins MyD88 and MyD88 adapter-like (Mal) to activate signaling pathways...
- IL-1 receptor-mediated signal is an essential component of MyD88-dependent innate response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infectionCecile M Fremond
University of Orleans, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Molecular Immunology and Embryology, Orleans, France
J Immunol 179:1178-89. 2007..Mice deficient for IL-1R1, IL-18R, or Toll-IL-1R domain-containing adaptor protein (TIRAP) were compared with MyD88-deficient mice in an acute model of aerogenic MTB infection...
- TRAM couples endocytosis of Toll-like receptor 4 to the induction of interferon-betaJonathan C Kagan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nat Immunol 9:361-8. 2008Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) induces two distinct signaling pathways controlled by the TIRAP-MyD88 and TRAM-TRIF pairs of adaptor proteins, which elicit the production of proinflammatory cytokines and type I interferons, respectively...
- Mal (MyD88-adapter-like) is required for Toll-like receptor-4 signal transductionK A Fitzgerald
Department of Biochemistry, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Nature 413:78-83. 2001..Here we describe a protein, Mal (MyD88-adapter-like), which joins MyD88 as a cytoplasmic TIR-domain-containing protein in the human genome...
- TIRAP: an adapter molecule in the Toll signaling pathwayT Horng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Nat Immunol 2:835-41. 2001..We have identified and characterized a Toll-interleukin 1 receptor (TIR) domain-containing adapter protein (TIRAP) and have shown that it controls activation of MyD88-independent signaling pathways downstream of TLR4...
- LPS-TLR4 signaling to IRF-3/7 and NF-kappaB involves the toll adapters TRAM and TRIFKatherine A Fitzgerald
Division of Infectious Disease and Immunology, Department of Medicine, The University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Exp Med 198:1043-55. 2003..TRAM interacts with TRIF, MyD88 adaptor-like protein (Mal)/TIRAP, and TLR4 but not with TLR3...
- Essential role for TIRAP in activation of the signalling cascade shared by TLR2 and TLR4Masahiro Yamamoto
Department of Host Defense, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nature 420:324-9. 2002..Another adaptor, TIRAP (also known as Mal), has been cloned as a molecule that specifically associates with TLR4 and thus may be ..
- The adaptor molecule TIRAP provides signalling specificity for Toll-like receptorsTiffany Horng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nature 420:329-33. 2002..b>TIRAP, an adaptor protein in the TLR signalling pathway, has been identified and shown to function downstream of TLR4 (..
- Neutrophils Directly Recognize Group B Streptococci and Contribute to Interleukin-1β Production during InfectionNastaran Mohammadi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Messina, 98125, Messina, Italy
PLoS ONE 11:e0160249. 2016..These cells directly recognize GBS by means of endosomal TLRs and cytosolic sensors, leading to activation of the caspase-1 inflammasome. ..
- A critical role for the TLR signaling adapter Mal in alveolar macrophage-mediated protection against Bordetella pertussisN J Bernard
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Mucosal Immunol 8:982-92. 2015..Here we examined the role of Toll-like receptor (TLR) adapter protein Mal in the control of B. pertussis infection in the lungs. We found that B...
- Etk/BMX, a Btk family tyrosine kinase, and Mal contribute to the cross-talk between MyD88 and FAK pathwaysNoha Semaan
Laboratoire Physiopathologie des Arthrites, Universite Louis Pasteur de Strasbourg, Unité de Formation et de Recherche Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Illkirch, France
J Immunol 180:3485-91. 2008..Etk is associated with MyD88, FAK, and Mal as shown by coimmunoprecipitation...
- Tonic B cell activation by Radioprotective105/MD-1 promotes disease progression in MRL/lpr miceToshihiko Kobayashi
Division of Infectious Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Int Immunol 20:881-91. 2008..Our results suggest that RP105-dependent tonic B cell activation has a pathogenic role in MRL/lpr mice...
- Requirement of TLR2-mediated signaling for the induction of IL-15 gene expression in human monocytic cells by HSV-1Rasheed Ahmad
Laboratory of Immunovirology and Viral and Immune Diseases Program, Ste Justine Hospital Research Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal, QC, Canada
Blood 112:2360-8. 2008..Interestingly, TIRAP/Mal, an adaptor molecule specifically recruited to TLR2 and TLR4, was also required for maximal up-regulation of ..
- Particle-Induced Osteolysis Is Mediated by TIRAP/Mal in Vitro and in Vivo: Dependence on Adherent Pathogen-Associated Molecular PatternsChristopher P Bechtel
Departments of Orthopaedics C P B, J J G, J M T, and E M G and Pathology E M G, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
J Bone Joint Surg Am 98:285-94. 2016..for TLR-2 and TLR-4 known as toll/interleukin-1 receptor domain-containing adapter protein/MyD88 adapter-like (TIRAP/Mal)...
- MAPPIT (mammalian protein-protein interaction trap) analysis of early steps in toll-like receptor signallingPeter Ulrichts
Department of Medical Protein Research, Ghent University VIB, Ghent, Belgium
Methods Mol Biol 517:133-44. 2009..In the subsequent protocol, we describe the use of MAPPIT to study early events in Toll-like receptor (TLR) signalling. We here demonstrate a "signalling interaction cascade" from TLR4 to IRAK-1...
- A Decoy Peptide that Disrupts TIRAP Recruitment to TLRs Is Protective in a Murine Model of InfluenzaWenji Piao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Cell Rep 11:1941-52. 2015..Cell imaging, co-immunoprecipitation, and in vitro studies demonstrated that 2R9 preferentially targets TIRAP. 2R9 diminished systemic cytokine responses elicited in vivo by synthetic TLR2 and TLR7 agonists; it inhibited the ..
- Distinct roles for Dectin-1 and TLR4 in the pathogenesis of Aspergillus fumigatus keratitisSixto M Leal
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000976. 2010..We also found that TRIF(-/-) and TIRAP(-/-) mice exhibited no fungal-killing defects, but that MyD88(-/-) and IL-1R1(-/-) mice were unable to regulate ..
- Lipopolysaccharide signaling without a nucleus: kinase cascades stimulate platelet shedding of proinflammatory IL-1β-rich microparticlesG Thomas Brown
Medical Scientist Training Program, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Immunol 186:5489-96. 2011..cell-penetrating chimeric peptide inhibitors, and gene-targeted animals to show splicing required MyD88 and TIRAP, and IRAK1/4, Akt, and JNK phosphorylation and activation...
- Recognition of yeast nucleic acids triggers a host-protective type I interferon responseCarmelo Biondo
The Elie Metchnikoff Department, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Eur J Immunol 41:1969-79. 2011..These data suggest that recognition of yeast nucleic acids by TLR7 and TLR9 triggers a host-protective IFN-α/β response...
- Toll-like receptor 3 and 4 signalling through the TRIF and TRAM adaptors in haematopoietic cells promotes atherosclerosisAnna M Lundberg
Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine at Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm SE 17176, Sweden
Cardiovasc Res 99:364-73. 2013..of TLRs in immune cells are pro-atherogenic, we analysed the role of the TLR-specific adaptors MyD88 adaptor-like (MAL), TRIF-related adaptor molecule (TRAM), and TIR-domain-containing adaptor-inducing interferon-β (TRIF) in ..
- MyD88 adaptor-like (Mal) functions in the epithelial barrier and contributes to intestinal integrity via protein kinase CS C Corr
Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Mucosal Immunol 7:57-67. 2014MyD88 adapter-like (Mal)-deficient mice displayed increased susceptibility to oral but not intraperitoneal infection with Salmonella Typhimurium...
- Differential role of MyD88 and Mal/TIRAP in TLR2-mediated gastric tumourigenesisC L Kennedy
Centre for Innate Immunity and Infectious Diseases, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Oncogene 33:2540-6. 2014..However, little is known about the in vivo role of MyD88 adapter-like (Mal)/TIR-domain containing adapter protein (TIRAP), which is restricted to facilitating TLR4 and TLR2 signalling...
- Key role of Toll-like receptor 2 in the inflammatory response and major histocompatibility complex class ii downregulation in Brucella abortus-infected alveolar macrophagesMariana C Ferrero
Instituto de Estudios de la Inmunidad Humoral CONICET UBA, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Infect Immun 82:626-39. 2014..Both the modest nature of the latter and the modulation of MHC-II expression by the bacterium may contribute to such survival. ..
- Severe impairment of interleukin-1 and Toll-like receptor signalling in mice lacking IRAK-4Nobutaka Suzuki
Amgen Institute, Ontario Cancer Institute and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 620 University Avenue, Suite 706, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C1, Canada
Nature 416:750-6. 2002..In addition, animals lacking IRAK-4 are severely impaired in their responses to viral and bacterial challenges. Our results indicate that IRAK-4 has an essential role in innate immunity...
- Toll-like receptor 4 and Toll-IL-1 receptor domain-containing adapter protein (TIRAP)/myeloid differentiation protein 88 adapter-like (Mal) contribute to maximal IL-6 expression in macrophagesDagmar Schilling
Pulmonary Center, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Immunol 169:5874-80. 2002..expression via a mechanism that requires the adapter protein Toll-IL-1R domain-containing adapter protein (TIRAP)/myeloid differentiation protein 88 (MyD88) adapter-like (Mal), but not the adapter protein MyD88...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 negatively regulates Toll-like receptor signaling by mediating Mal degradationAshley Mansell
Centre for Functional Genomics and Human Disease, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Nat Immunol 7:148-55. 2006..The adaptor protein Mal is specifically involved in signaling via TLR2 and TLR4...
- Nonredundant roles of TIRAP and MyD88 in airway response to endotoxin, independent of TRIF, IL-1 and IL-18 pathwaysDieudonnée Togbe
Molecular Immunology and Embryology, CNRS UMR6218, Transgenose Institute, Orleans, France
Lab Invest 86:1126-35. 2006..However, the relative roles of the TLR4 adaptor proteins TIRAP and TRIF and of the MyD88-dependent IL-1 and IL-18 receptor pathways in this response are unclear...
- Peroxisomes are signaling platforms for antiviral innate immunityEvelyn Dixit
Division of Gastroenterology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 141:668-81. 2010..The interferon regulatory factor IRF1 plays a crucial role in regulating MAVS-dependent signaling from peroxisomes. These results establish that peroxisomes are an important site of antiviral signal transduction...
- Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase α facilitates Toll-like receptor 4-mediated microglial inflammation through regulation of the Toll/interleukin-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein (TIRAP) locationTu Thi Ngoc Nguyen
Chronic Inflammatory Disease Research Center, Neuroscience Graduate Program, Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Programs, Ajou University, Suwon, Gyeonggi 443 721, South Korea
J Biol Chem 288:5645-59. 2013..is also known to mediate plasma membrane localization of the Toll/IL-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein (TIRAP), required for the MyD88-dependent Toll-like receptor (TLR) 4 signaling pathway...
- Chlorpromazine-induced hepatotoxicity during inflammation is mediated by TIRAP-dependent signaling pathway in miceAdarsh Gandhi
University of Houston, Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, 1441 Moursund Street, Room 517, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 266:430-8. 2013..of TLRs recruits the first adaptor protein, Toll-interleukin 1 receptor domain containing adaptor protein (TIRAP) to the TIR domain of TLRs leading to the activation of the downstream kinase, c-Jun-N-terminal kinase (JNK)...
- PTEN regulates TLR5-induced intestinal inflammation by controlling Mal/TIRAP recruitmentYoon Jeong Choi
Division of Digestive Diseases, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
FASEB J 27:243-54. 2013..responses, we hypothesized that PTEN regulated TLR5-induced responses by controlling the involvement of Mal in TLR5 engagement...
- Toll-like receptor signal adaptor protein MyD88 is required for sustained endotoxin-induced acute hypoferremic response in miceAntonio Layoun
Montreal Cancer Institute, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Pathol 180:2340-50. 2012..Together, these results suggest that targeting specific TLR signaling pathways by affecting the function of adaptor molecules may provide new strategies to counteract iron sequestration within macrophages during inflammation...
- Role for B-cell adapter for PI3K (BCAP) as a signaling adapter linking Toll-like receptors (TLRs) to serine/threonine kinases PI3K/AktTy Dale Troutman
Department of Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:273-8. 2012..Our results demonstrate that BCAP is a unique TIR domain-containing TLR signaling adapter crucial for linking TLRs to PI3K activation and regulating the inflammatory response...
- Hyaluronan signaling during ozone-induced lung injury requires TLR4, MyD88, and TIRAPZhuowei Li
Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27137. 2011..Using a murine model of AHR, C57BL/6J, TLR4-/-, MyD88-/-, and TIRAP-/- mice were characterized for AHR after exposure to either ozone (1 ppm × 3 h) or HA fragments...
- Mapping, genetic isolation, and characterization of genetic loci that determine resistance to atherosclerosis in C3H miceSusanna S Wang
UCLA School of Medicine, Dept of Human Genetics, Box 95167, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2671-6. 2007..To identify the genetic factors involved in lesion initiation, we studied a cross between C3H and the susceptible strain C57BL/6J (B6) on a hyperlipidemic (apolipoprotein E-null) background...
- TLR4 up-regulation at protein or gene level is pathogenic for lupus-like autoimmune diseaseBei Liu
Department of Immunology, Center for Immunotherapy of Cancer and Infectious Diseases, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 1601, USA
J Immunol 177:6880-8. 2006..Our study has revealed that increased TLR4 signaling alone without exogenous insult can break immunological tolerance. It provides a strong experimental evidence for TLR4 dysregulation as an etiology of lupus-like renal disease...
- Phosphoinositide-mediated adaptor recruitment controls Toll-like receptor signalingJonathan C Kagan
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cell 125:943-55. 2006..Signaling downstream from TLRs is initiated by the recruitment of adaptor proteins, including MyD88 and TIRAP. These adaptors play essential roles in TLR signaling, but the mechanism of their function is currently unknown...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation attenuates the TLR2-mediated macrophage proinflammatory cytokine response to Francisella tularensis live vaccine strainEdward A Medina
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Immunol 185:7562-72. 2010..This TLR2-independent inhibitory pathway may be an important mechanism by which Francisella suppresses the host's innate immune response...
- IL-6 trans-signaling modulates TLR4-dependent inflammatory responses via STAT3Claire J Greenhill
Centre for Innate Immunity and Infectious Diseases, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Immunol 186:1199-208. 2011..Additional genetic approaches demonstrated that the TLR4/Mal pathway contributed to LPS hypersensitivity and increased IL-6 production in gp130(F/F) mice...
- Differential role of Toll-interleukin 1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein in Toll-like receptor 2-mediated regulation of gene expression of hepatic cytokines and drug-metabolizing enzymesRomi Ghose
College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Houston, 1441 Moursund St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 39:874-81. 2011..ligand, which initiates signaling by recruitment of Toll-interleukin 1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein (TIRAP) to the cytoplasmic TIR domain of TLR2...
- Impaired basophil induction leads to an age-dependent innate defect in type 2 immunity during helminth infection in miceHendrik J Nel
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 8, Ireland
J Immunol 186:4631-9. 2011..brasiliensis. The defect in juvenile mice with regard to helminth-induced innate basophil-mediated type 2 response is relevant to allergic conditions...
- Yellow fever vaccine YF-17D activates multiple dendritic cell subsets via TLR2, 7, 8, and 9 to stimulate polyvalent immunityTroy Querec
Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Exp Med 203:413-24. 2006..Together, these data enhance our understanding of the molecular mechanism of action of YF-17D, and highlight the potential of vaccination strategies that use combinations of different TLR ligands to stimulate polyvalent immune responses...
- Innate immune responses to endosymbiotic Wolbachia bacteria in Brugia malayi and Onchocerca volvulus are dependent on TLR2, TLR6, MyD88, and Mal, but not TLR4, TRIF, or TRAMAmy G Hise
Center for Global Health and Diseases and Department of Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Immunol 178:1068-76. 2007..whereas responses were absent in macrophages from MyD88(-/-) and Toll/IL-1R domain-containing adaptor protein (TIRAP)/MyD88 adaptor-like (Mal) deficient mice...
- A toll-like receptor 2 pathway regulates the Ppargc1a/b metabolic co-activators in mice with Staphylococcal aureus sepsisTimothy E Sweeney
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25249. 2011..By comparing their responses to S. aureus with WT mice, we found that MyD88-deficient and MAL-deficient mice expressed hepatic Ppargc1a and Ppargc1b normally, but that neither gene was activated in TRAM-..
- Toll-like receptor and tumour necrosis factor dependent endotoxin-induced acute lung injuryDieudonnée Togbe
Molecular Immunology and Embryology, University of Orléans and CNRS UMR6218, Transgenose Institute, Orleans, France
Int J Exp Pathol 88:387-91. 2007..myeloid differentiation factor 88 (MyD88) and Toll/Interleukin-1 receptor (TIR)-domain-containing adaptor protein (TIRAP), but independent of TIR-domain-containing adaptor-inducing interferon-beta (TRIF)...
- TLR3-mediated IFN-β gene induction is negatively regulated by the TLR adaptor MyD88 adaptor-likeJakub Siednienko
Institute of Immunology, Department of Biology, National University of Ireland Maynooth, Maynooth, Co Kildare, Kildare, Ireland
Eur J Immunol 40:3150-60. 2010..Herein, we sought to perform analysis to definitively assign a mechanistic role for MyD88 adaptor-like (Mal), an activator of TLR2/4 signalling, in the negative regulation of TLR3/TRIF signalling...
- Acylation determines the toll-like receptor (TLR)-dependent positive versus TLR2-, mannose receptor-, and SIGNR1-independent negative regulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines by mycobacterial lipomannanEmilie Doz
Orleans University and CNRS, Molecular Immunology and Embryology, UMR6218, 45071 Orleans, France
J Biol Chem 282:26014-25. 2007..an agonist of TLR2/TLR1, promoted interleukin-12 p40 and NO secretion through the adaptor proteins MyD88 and TIRAP, whereas the fraction containing tetra-acylated LM activated macrophages in a MyD88-dependent fashion, mostly ..
- Vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein G activates a specific antiviral Toll-like receptor 4-dependent pathwayPhilippe Georgel
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Virology 362:304-13. 2007..response pathway in which the adapter TRAM has predominant importance, absent any need for MyD88 or Mal, and with only a partial requirement for TRIF. Downstream of TRAM, IRF7 activation leads to a type I IFN response...
- TLR signaling mediated by MyD88 is required for a protective innate immune response by neutrophils to Citrobacter rodentiumSarah L Lebeis
Microbiology and Molecular Genetics Graduate Program, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, 165 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 179:566-77. 2007..Taken together, these experiments provide evidence for a protective role of innate immune signaling in infections caused by attaching and effacing pathogens...
- Salmonella-induced SipB-independent cell death requires Toll-like receptor-4 signalling via the adapter proteins Tram and TrifPamela Cook
Centre for Veterinary Science, Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Immunology 122:222-9. 2007..membrane of Gram-negative bacteria and is recognized by Toll-like receptor 4, signalling via the adapter proteins Mal, MyD88, Tram and Trif. Here we show that S...
- The RNA helicase Lgp2 inhibits TLR-independent sensing of viral replication by retinoic acid-inducible gene-ISimon Rothenfusser
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Immunol 175:5260-8. 2005..normally in cells from mice with targeted deletions of the Toll-IL-1 resistance domain containing adapters MyD88, Mal, Toll/IL-1R domain-containing adaptor inducing IFN-beta (TRIF), and TRIF-related adaptor molecule TLR3, or the E3 ..
- Expression of many immunologically important genes in Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected macrophages is independent of both TLR2 and TLR4 but dependent on IFN-alphabeta receptor and STAT1Shuangping Shi
Program in Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 175:3318-28. 2005....
- TIR domain-containing adaptors define the specificity of TLR signalingMasahiro Yamamoto
Department of Host Defense, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Immunol 40:861-8. 2004..Indeed, two additional TIR domain-containing adaptors, TIRAP/Mal and TRIF, have recently been identified. Both define the specific biological responses of each TLR.
- Murine cerebral malaria development is independent of toll-like receptor signalingDieudonnée Togbe
Molecular Immunology and Embryology, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, and University of Orleans, Transgenose Institute, Orleans, France
Am J Pathol 170:1640-8. 2007..we infected mice deficient for single TLR1, -2, -3, -4, -6, -7, or -9 and their adapter proteins MyD88, TIRAP, and TRIF...
- Toll-like receptor signal transduction and the tailoring of innate immunity: a role for Mal?Luke A J O'Neill
Dept of Biochemistry, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Trends Immunol 23:296-300. 2002..of different signalling adapters, with MyD88 being used by several TLRs, and the adapter MyD88-adapter-like (Mal) being recruited specifically by TLR-4...
- A Mal functional variant is associated with protection against invasive pneumococcal disease, bacteremia, malaria and tuberculosisChiea C Khor
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK
Nat Genet 39:523-8. 2007..The adaptor protein Mal (also known as TIRAP), encoded by TIRAP (MIM 606252), mediates downstream signaling of TLR2 and TLR4 (refs. 4-6)...
- Adipose tissue exosome-like vesicles mediate activation of macrophage-induced insulin resistanceZhong bin Deng
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Diabetes 58:2498-505. 2009..We sought to determine whether exosome-like vesicles (ELVs) released from adipose tissue play a role in activation of macrophages and subsequent development of insulin resistance in a mouse model...
- The role of hyaluronan degradation products as innate alloimmune agonistsB M Tesar
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven CT, Connecticut, USA
Am J Transplant 6:2622-35. 2006..In conclusion, our study suggests that fragments of hyaluronan can act as innate immune agonists that activate alloimmunity...
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus (LCMV) infection of CNS glial cells results in TLR2-MyD88/Mal-dependent inflammatory responsesShenghua Zhou
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, 364 Plantation Street, Lazare Research Building, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Neuroimmunol 194:70-82. 2008..central nervous system (CNS) glial cells are activated by Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Virus (LCMV) in a TLR2-MyD88/Mal-dependent manner...
- Virulence factors of Yersinia pestis are overcome by a strong lipopolysaccharide responseSara W Montminy
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Nat Immunol 7:1066-73. 2006..required TLR4, the adaptor protein MyD88 and coreceptor MD-2 and was considerably enhanced by CD14 and the adaptor Mal. Both innate and adaptive responses were required for sterilizing immunity against the modified strain, and ..
- Toll-like receptor 2 modulates left ventricular function following ischemia-reperfusion injuryYasushi Sakata
Winters Center for Heart Failure Research, 1709 Dryden BCM, 620 Rm 9 83, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H503-9. 2007..Thus disruption of TLR2-mediated signaling may be helpful to induce immediate or delayed myocardial protection from ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Induction of distinct TLR2-mediated proinflammatory and proadhesive signaling pathways in response to Porphyromonas gingivalis fimbriaeGeorge Hajishengallis
Department of Periodontics Oral Health and Systemic Disease, University of Louisville Health Sciences Center, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Immunol 182:6690-6. 2009..pathway is dependent on the adaptor molecules Toll/IL-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein (also known as Mal) and MyD88, the proadhesive pathway is Toll/IL-1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein/MyD88-independent and ..
- Cutting edge: NF-kappaB activating pattern recognition and cytokine receptors license NLRP3 inflammasome activation by regulating NLRP3 expressionFranz G Bauernfeind
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Immunol 183:787-91. 2009..Signals provided by NF-kappaB activators are necessary but not sufficient for NLRP3 activation, and a second stimulus such as ATP or crystal-induced damage is required for NLRP3 activation...
- Mal connects TLR2 to PI3Kinase activation and phagocyte polarizationSandra Santos-Sierra
Center for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine and Centre of Chronic Immunodeficiency, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg 79106, Germany
EMBO J 28:2018-27. 2009..to essentially require both adaptor proteins MyD88 (myeloid differentiation primary response gene 88) and Mal/TIRAP (MyD88-adapter-like/TIR-domain-containing adaptor protein)...
- MyD88 adapter-like (Mal)/TIRAP interaction with TRAF6 is critical for TLR2- and TLR4-mediated NF-kappaB proinflammatory responsesBrett Verstak
Centre for Innate Immunity and Infectious Disease, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Biol Chem 284:24192-203. 2009..MyD88 adapter-like (Mal), also termed TIRAP, is involved in bridging MyD88 to the receptor complex for TLR-2 and TLR4 signaling in response to bacterial ..
- TLR4 and TLR5 on corneal macrophages regulate Pseudomonas aeruginosa keratitis by signaling through MyD88-dependent and -independent pathwaysYan Sun
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Immunol 185:4272-83. 2010..IL-1α and IL-1β are also produced, which activate an IL-1R1/MyD88-positive feedback loop in macrophages and IL-1R on other resident cells in the cornea...
- Details of Toll-like receptor:adapter interaction revealed by germ-line mutagenesisZhengfan Jiang
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:10961-6. 2006..Moreover, MyD88 engages individual TLRs differently, suggesting the feasibility of selective pharmacologic TIR domain receptor blockade...
- Phagosomal retention of Francisella tularensis results in TIRAP/Mal-independent TLR2 signalingLeah E Cole
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 87:275-81. 2010..The two adaptor proteins associated with TLR2-mediated signaling are MyD88 and TIRAP. Although MyD88 is absolutely required for the Ft-induced macrophage cytokine response, the requirement for TIRAP ..
- Toll-like receptor 4 signalling through MyD88 is essential to control Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium infection, but not for the initiation of bacterial clearanceSuzanne Talbot
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Immunology 128:472-83. 2009..TLR4 signals through the adapter proteins Mal/MyD88 and TRIF-related adaptor molecule (TRAM)/TIR-domain-containing adaptor-inducing interferon-b (TRIF)...
- Innate immunity mediates myocardial preconditioning through Toll-like receptor 2 and TIRAP-dependent signaling pathwaysJian Wen Dong
Department of Medicine, Winters Center for Heart Failure Research, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H1079-87. 2010..wild-type (WT) mice and mice deficient in TLR2 (TLR2D), TLR4 (TLR4D), and TIR domain-containing adapter protein (TIRAP-D) to ischemic preconditioning (IPC)...
- TLR activation of the transcription factor XBP1 regulates innate immune responses in macrophagesFabio Martinon
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Immunol 11:411-8. 2010..Our findings identify an unsuspected critical function for XBP1 in mammalian host defenses...
- MyD88- and Bruton's tyrosine kinase-mediated signals are essential for T cell-independent pathogen-specific IgM responsesKishore R Alugupalli
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, 233 South 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Immunol 178:3740-9. 2007..These results suggest that MyD88 specifically promotes T cell-independent BCR signaling and that, in the absence of Btk, this TLR-mediated stimulation is a required component of this signal...
- Myeloid differentiation primary response protein 88 couples reverse cholesterol transport to inflammationKathleen A Smoak
Laboratory of Respiratory Biology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Cell Metab 11:493-502. 2010....
- Toll/IL-1R domain-containing adaptor protein (TIRAP) is a critical mediator of antibacterial defense in the lung against Klebsiella pneumoniae but not Pseudomonas aeruginosaSamithamby Jeyaseelan
Division of Respiratory Infections, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Immunol 177:538-47. 2006..TLRs are essential for innate immune defense. TIRAP (Toll/IL-1R domain-containing adaptor protein) is an adaptor in TLR1, TLR2, TLR4, and TLR6 signaling, whereas ..
- Viral inhibitory peptide of TLR4, a peptide derived from vaccinia protein A46, specifically inhibits TLR4 by directly targeting MyD88 adaptor-like and TRIF-related adaptor moleculeTatyana Lysakova-Devine
Immunology Research Centre, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
J Immunol 185:4261-71. 2010..Indeed, VIPER directly interacted with the TLR4 adaptor proteins MyD88 adaptor-like (Mal) and TRIF-related adaptor molecule (TRAM)...
- MyD88 adaptor-like is not essential for TLR2 signaling and inhibits signaling by TLR3Elaine F Kenny
School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Immunol 183:3642-51. 2009Although a clear role for the adaptor protein myeloid differentiation factor-88 (MyD88) adaptor-like (Mal, or TIRAP) in TLR4 signaling has been demonstrated, there is limited information on its role in TLR2 signaling...
- Induction of macrophage-derived SLPI by Mycobacterium tuberculosis depends on TLR2 but not MyD88Aihao Ding
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Immunology 116:381-9. 2005..This induction signifies the presence of a TLR2-dependent but MyD88-independent M. tuberculosis signalling pathway, suggesting involvement of adaptor protein(s) other than MyD88 in M. tuberculosis-mediated induction of SLPI...
- CD36 is a sensor of diacylglyceridesKasper Hoebe
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 433:523-7. 2005..Already known as a receptor for endogenous molecules, CD36 is also a selective and nonredundant sensor of microbial diacylglycerides that signal via the TLR2/6 heterodimer...
- Resident enteric microbiota and CD8+ T cells shape the abundance of marginal zone B cellsBo Wei
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
Eur J Immunol 38:3411-25. 2008..Thus, members of certain enteric microbial communities link with CD8(+) T cells as a previously unappreciated mechanism that shapes innate immunity dependent on innate-like B cells...
- MECHANISMS OF NOVEL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTIONS OF SLPIAihao Ding; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Innate immune responses in lymphatic filariasisAMY HISE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- B1B lymphocytes generate T cell-independent memoryKISHORE ALUGUPALLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the basis for the longevity of the Tl protective responses conferred by B1b cells will provide novel approaches to generate effective vaccines against pathogens expressing Tl antigens. ..