Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Timp1
Description: tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1
Alias: Clgi, EPA, TIMP-1, TPA-S1, Timp, metalloproteinase inhibitor 1, TPA-induced protein, collagenase inhibitor 16C8 fibroblast, erythroid-potentiating activity, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Transcriptional regulation of two serum-induced RNAs in mouse fibroblasts: equivalence of one species to B2 repetitive elementsD R Edwards
Mol Cell Biol 5:3280-8. 1985..Sequence analysis of the 49C8 cDNA clone showed greater than 90% homology of a large portion to a consensus rodent B2 repetitive element...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 modulates allergic lung inflammation in murine asthmaMark F Sands
VA Western New York Healthcare System, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
Clin Immunol 130:186-98. 2009..To test the hypothesis that the absence of TIMP-1 enhances allergic lung inflammation, airway hyperreactivity (AHR), and lung remodeling in asthma, we studied TIMP-..
- Long-term expression of tissue-inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 in the murine central nervous system does not alter the morphological and behavioral phenotype but alleviates the course of experimental allergic encephalomyelitisGioia E M Althoff
Department of Neuropathology, University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 177:840-53. 2010..In the central nervous system (CNS), TIMPs 2, 3, and 4 are constitutively expressed at high levels, whereas TIMP1 can be induced by various stimuli...
- Increased expression of HIF-1alpha, VEGF-A and its receptors, MMP-2, TIMP-1, and ADAMTS-1 at the venous stenosis of arteriovenous fistula in a mouse model with renal insufficiencySanjay Misra
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Alfred 6460, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 21:1255-61. 2010..and its receptors (VEGFR-1, -2); matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2), -9 (MMP-9); tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1, -2 (TIMP-1, -2); and a disintegrin and metalloproteinase thrombospondin-1 (ADAMTS-1) at the venous stenosis.
- Astrocytic tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) promotes oligodendrocyte differentiation and enhances CNS myelinationCraig S Moore
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
J Neurosci 31:6247-54. 2011Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) is an extracellular protein and endogenous regulator of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) secreted by astrocytes in response to CNS myelin injury...
- Inhibition of SV40 T antigen-induced hepatocellular carcinoma in TIMP-1 transgenic miceD C Martin
Department of Oncology, University of Western Ontario, London Regional Cancer Centre, Canada
Oncogene 13:569-76. 1996..To investigate whether the TIMP-1 expressed in a host tissue suppresses cancer in vivo and to identify the affected stages, we developed transgenic ..
- Pattern of messenger ribonucleic acid expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) during testicular maturation in male mice lacking a functional TIMP-1 geneW B Nothnick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Biol Reprod 59:364-70. 1998..Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 regulates ECM turnover and has been reported to stimulate Leydig cell steroidogenesis...
- Timp-1 is important for epithelial proliferation and branching morphogenesis during mouse mammary developmentJ E Fata
Department of Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M9, Canada
Dev Biol 211:238-54. 1999..We have delineated the spatiotemporal expression of all Timps (Timp-1 to Timp-4) during discrete phases of murine mammary development...
- Adenovirus-mediated overexpression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 reduces atherosclerotic lesions in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceM Rouis
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unité 321 Lipoproteins and Atherogenesis, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Circulation 100:533-40. 1999..and antiproteolytic activities, we investigated the impact of adenovirus-mediated elevation in the circulating levels of human tissue inhibitor of MMP (TIMP-1) in atherosclerosis-susceptible apolipoprotein E-deficient (apoE(-/-)) mice.
- Insulin-like growth factor II signaling in neoplastic proliferation is blocked by transgenic expression of the metalloproteinase inhibitor TIMP-1D C Martin
Department of Medical Biophysics and Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
J Cell Biol 146:881-92. 1999..Using a double transgenic murine hepatic tumor model, we demonstrate that tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) blocks liver hyperplasia during tumor development, despite TAg-mediated reactivation of IGF-II...
- Signaling through the EGF receptor controls lung morphogenesis in part by regulating MT1-MMP-mediated activation of gelatinase A/MMP2Farrah Kheradmand
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cell Sci 115:839-48. 2002..MT1-MMP is, in turn, necessary for activation of MMP-2, a mesenchymal enzyme that is required for normal lung morphogenesis...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 regulates resistance to infectionMarie Mei Lee
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Infect Immun 73:661-5. 2005Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1)-deficient mice are resistant to Pseudomonas aeruginosa corneal infections...
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor TIMP-1 affects hepatocyte cell cycle via HGF activation in murine liver regenerationFazilat F Mohammed
Department of Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Hepatology 41:857-67. 2005..We have previously demonstrated that TIMP-1 inhibits preneoplastic hepatocyte proliferation by attenuating growth factor bioavailability...
- Involvement of tissue inhibition of metalloproteinases-1 in learning and memory in miceF A Chaillan
Lab Neurobiologie des Processus Mnésiques, UMR 6149 CNRS, Universite de Provence, Centre St Charles, 3, Place Victor Hugo, 13331 Marseille Cedex 03, France
Behav Brain Res 173:191-8. 2006Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP-1) is one of the four-member family (TIMPs-1-4) of multifunctional proteins that inhibit matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)...
- Persistent macrophage/microglial activation and myelin disruption after experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1-deficient miceStephen J Crocker
The Molecular and Integrative Neurosciences Department, The Scripps Research Institute, SP30 2110, 10550 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Am J Pathol 169:2104-16. 2006..In experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), TIMP-1 gene expression is induced in astrocytes surrounding inflammatory lesions in the CNS...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases protect blood-brain barrier disruption in focal cerebral ischemiaMotoaki Fujimoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:1674-85. 2008..and MMP-9, and the TIMPs family after 30 mins of middle cerebral artery occlusion, and elucidated the function of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in focal ischemia, using TIMP-1(-/-) and TIMP-2(-/-) mice...
- Vesicular trafficking and secretion of matrix metalloproteinases-2, -9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in neuronal cellsOualid Sbai
Neurobiologie des Interactions Cellulaires et Neurophysiopathologie NICN, UMR 6184 CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Faculte de Medecine, IFR Jean Roche, Bd Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:549-68. 2008..Nothing is known about MMP/TIMP trafficking and secretion in neuronal cells...
- Neutrophil MMP-9 proenzyme, unencumbered by TIMP-1, undergoes efficient activation in vivo and catalytically induces angiogenesis via a basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2)/FGFR-2 pathwayVeronica C Ardi
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25854-66. 2009..activity of the generated MMP-9 enzyme were critically dependent on the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-free status of the zymogen...
- A new role for TIMP-1 in modulating neurite outgrowth and morphology of cortical neuronsAdlane Ould-Yahoui
Neurobiologie des Interactions Cellulaires et Neurophysiopathologie, UMR 6184, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
PLoS ONE 4:e8289. 2009Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) displays pleiotropic activities, both dependent and independent of its inhibitory activity on matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)...
- Plaque rupture complications in murine atherosclerotic vein grafts can be prevented by TIMP-1 overexpressionMargreet R De Vries
Einthoven Laboratory for Experimental Vascular Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e47134. 2012..and plaque rupture, we hypothesized that this model can be validated by overexpression of the MMP inhibitor TIMP-1...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) modulates neuronal death, axonal plasticity, and learning and memoryJerome Jourquin
Neurobiologie des Interactions Cellulaires et Neurophysiopathologie, UMR 6184, CNRS, Universite de la Mediterranee, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, IFR Jean Roche, 51 boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13 916 Marseille cedex 20, France
Eur J Neurosci 22:2569-78. 2005The tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) belongs to a family of multifunctional proteins that inhibit matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), but also regulate cell growth, proliferation, migration and apoptosis in non-nervous ..
- Astrocyte reactivity to Fas activation is attenuated in TIMP-1 deficient mice, an in vitro studyCrystel Ogier
Neurobiologie des Interactions Cellulaires et Neurophysiopathologie, CNRS UMR 6184, Universite de la Mediterranee, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, IFR Jean Roche, Bd, Pierre Dramard, 13916, Marseille Cedex 20, France
BMC Neurosci 6:68. 2005Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) is a multifunctional secreted protein with pleiotropic actions, including the inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), cell death/survival and growth promoting activities...
- Targeted mutagenesis of Timp-1 reveals that lung tumor invasion is influenced by Timp-1 genotype of the tumor but not by that of the hostP D Soloway
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Oncogene 13:2307-14. 1996b>Timp-1 has been implicated as a suppressor of tumor metastasis...
- Expression and purification of mouse TIMP-1 from E. coliE T Cocuzzi
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08855
FEBS Lett 307:375-8. 1992..We have expressed a cDNA clone of mouse TIMP-1 as a 22-kDa protein with 12 cysteine residues in E...
- Linkage of the erythroid transcription factor gene (Gf-1) to the proximal region of the X chromosome of miceV M Chapman
Molecular and Cellular Biology Department, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263
Genomics 9:309-13. 1991..A gene order of centromere, DXWas70, Cybb/Gf-1, Otc, Timp was established for the mouse X chromosome, which is in agreement with the map position observed on the human X ..
- Modulation of translation by the 5' leader sequence of the mRNA encoding murine tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinasesP Waterhouse
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Biol Chem 265:5585-9. 1990Murine tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP) is a Mr 28,000 secreted glycoprotein. The nucleotide sequence has been determined previously, and evidence for a multiplicity of TIMP transcripts presented...
- Localization of monoamine oxidase A and B genes on the mouse X chromosomeJ M Derry
MRC Molecular Neurobiology Unit, Medical Research Council Centre, Cambridge, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 17:8403. 1989
- Presence of transcription regulatory elements within an intron of the virus-inducible murine TIMP geneB Coulombe
Institut du Cancer de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 8:3227-34. 1988The expression of the gene for the murine tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP) is induced in response to viruses, growth factors, and phorbol esters...
- Molecular cloning of partial cDNA copies of two distinct mouse IFN-beta mRNAsD Skup
Nucleic Acids Res 10:3069-84. 1982..Although different, the putative 39 AA and 65 AA carboxy termini of both Mu IFN-beta s display some homology to human IFN-beta 1. Thus there are at least two different murine IFN-beta genes...
- Proteinase expression in early mouse embryos is regulated by leukaemia inhibitory factor and epidermal growth factorM B Harvey
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Development 121:1005-14. 1995..Transcripts for tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP-1,-2,-3) and uPA receptor were detected throughout pre- and peri-implantation development whilst MMP-9 and uPA ..
- Temporal expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in mouse reproductive tissues during gestationP Waterhouse
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Mol Reprod Dev 35:219-26. 1993..as well as a strictly controlled invasion by fetal trophoblasts, we have examined the temporal expression of TIMP-1, TIMP-2, and specific metalloproteinases in the mouse uterus, decidua, placenta, amnion, and ovaries throughout ..
- TGF-beta3-induced palatogenesis requires matrix metalloproteinasesL Blavier
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:1457-66. 2001..MMPs), including a cell membrane-associated MMP (MT1-MMP) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) were highly expressed by the medial edge epithelium (MEE)...
- Expression of the type IV collagenase system during mouse kidney development and tubule segmentationB Legallicier
INSERM U489, Tenon Hospital and St Antoine Medical Faculty, Paris 6 University, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2358-69. 2001..IV collagenases matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP2) and MMP9 and their related proteins, MT1-MMP, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP1), TIMP2, and TIMP3, are expressed during kidney morphogenesis and nephrogenesis, but the ..
- Reduction in reproductive lifespan of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1)-deficient female miceW B Nothnick
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Reproduction 122:923-7. 2001Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) is a multifunctional protein expressed in the ovary and uterus of females of several species including mice, rats and humans...
- The comparative role of activator protein 1 and Smad factors in the regulation of Timp-1 and MMP-1 gene expression by transforming growth factor-beta 1Marie Claire Hall
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:10304-13. 2003..The reciprocal effect of TGF-beta on the expression of Timp-1 and MMP-1 supports its role in matrix anabolism, yet the mechanisms by which TGF-beta induces Timp-1 and ..
- Increased medial degradation with pseudo-aneurysm formation in apolipoprotein E-knockout mice deficient in tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1Vincent Lemaitre
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Circulation 107:333-8. 2003The tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) is expressed in atherosclerotic lesions, where it may play a critical role in regulating the activity of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) inhibits tumor growth and angiogenesis in the TIMP-1 transgenic mouse modelYasuhide Ikenaka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan
Int J Cancer 105:340-6. 2003The tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) has been recognized as a multifunctional protein...
- Myocardial remodeling after discrete radiofrequency injury: effects of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene deletionRupak Mukherjee
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H1242-7. 2004..This study examined the role of TIMP-1 in postinjury myocardial remodeling...
- Loss or inhibition of uPA or MMP-9 attenuates LV remodeling and dysfunction after acute pressure overload in miceStephane Heymans
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Am J Pathol 166:15-25. 2005..and in wild-type (WT) mice after adenoviral gene transfer of the PA-inhibitor PAI-1 or the MMP-inhibitor TIMP-1. TAB elevated LV pressure comparably in all genotypes...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt induced by erythropoietin renders the erythroid differentiation factor GATA-1 competent for TIMP-1 gene transactivationZahra Kadri
Department of d Hématologie, Institute Cochin, INSERM U56, CNRS UMR 8104, Université René Descartes Hospital Cochin, Paris, France
Mol Cell Biol 25:7412-22. 2005..In erythroid cells, expression of the tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase (TIMP-1) is strictly dependent on erythropoietin...
- Over-expression of TIMP-1 in osteoblasts increases the anabolic response to PTHD Merciris
INSERM U606, Hopital Lariboisiere, Centre Viggo Petersen, 2 rue Ambroise Pare 75475 Paris cedex 10, France
Bone 40:75-83. 2007..We had shown previously that mice over-expressing TIMP-1 (tissue inhibitor of MMPs) specifically in osteoblasts display an increase in bone mineral density and bone mass ..
- Factors released from embryonic stem cells inhibit apoptosis of H9c2 cellsDinender K Singla
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Colchester, Vermont, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1590-5. 2007..proteins cystatin c, osteopontin, and clusterin and anti-fibrotic, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) in both ES cell-CMs. The levels of released factors were 2- to 170-fold higher than those in H9c2 cell-CM...
- Role of melatonin in regulating matrix metalloproteinase-9 via tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 during protection against endometriosisSumit Paul
Department of Physiology, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India
J Pineal Res 44:439-49. 2008..varying degrees of severity were examined for expression of MMPs and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1. In addition, endometriosis was generated in mice and endometriotic tissues were tested for MMP-9 activity...
- Bone loss induced by Runx2 over-expression in mice is blunted by osteoblastic over-expression of TIMP-1Corinne Schiltz
INSERM U606, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Cell Physiol 222:219-29. 2010..We analyzed the effect of the in vivo over-expression of the TIMP-1 in osteoblasts on the severe osteopenic phenotype in Runx2 mice...
- The divergent roles of secreted frizzled related protein-1 (SFRP1) in lung morphogenesis and emphysemaRobert Foronjy
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 177:598-607. 2010..In contrast, SFRP1 activated ERK and up-regulated MMP1 and MMP9 without altering TIMP1 production when expressed in human lung epithelial cells...
- Systemic delivery of TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) elevates levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) and prevents type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic miceSoojeong Kang
Department of Pharmacology, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, South Korea
Endocrinology 151:5638-46. 2010..To investigate whether hTRAIL elicits its effect through the induction of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1), we examined the concentration of plasma TIMP-1 by ELISA and the inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) by ..
- Tumor progression locus 2/Cot is required for activation of extracellular regulated kinase in liver injury and toll-like receptor-induced TIMP-1 gene transcription in hepatic stellate cells in miceMaria J Perugorria
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Hepatology 57:1238-49. 2013..HSCs were unable to increase expression of fibrogenic genes IL-1β and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1), with the latter being the result of defective stimulation of TIMP-1 promoter activity by TLRs...
- Liver acid sphingomyelinase inhibits growth of metastatic colon cancerYosuke Osawa
Department of Pharmacology, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido Gifu 501 1194, Japan
J Clin Invest 123:834-43. 2013..by decreased numbers of hepatic myofibroblasts (hMFs), which express tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP1), around the tumor margin...
- The tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 improves migration and adhesion of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsC Matthias Wilk
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Clinical Immunology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Exp Hematol 41:823-831.e2. 2013..CD63 form a cell surface receptor complex for the soluble serum protein tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) on human CD34⁺ HSPCs...
- MMP-independent role of TIMP-1 at the blood brain barrier during viral encephalomyelitisCarine Savarin
Department of Neurosciences NC 30, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, U S A
ASN Neuro 5:e00127. 2013..As MMPs (matrix metalloproteinases) facilitate migration across the glia limitans, specific expression of the TIMP (tissue inhibitor of MMPs)-1 by CD4⁺ T cells present in the perivascular cuffs suggested that TIMP-1 is ..
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-1 creates a premetastatic niche in the liver through SDF-1/CXCR4-dependent neutrophil recruitment in miceBastian Seubert
Institut für Experimentelle Onkologie und Therapieforschung, Institute of Molecular Immunology Technische Universität München, Munchen, Germany
Hepatology 61:238-48. 2015Due to its ability to inhibit prometastatic matrix metalloproteinases, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-1 has been thought to suppress tumor metastasis...
- Incomplete deletion of IL-4Rα by LysM(Cre) reveals distinct subsets of M2 macrophages controlling inflammation and fibrosis in chronic schistosomiasisKevin M Vannella
Program in Tissue Immunity and Repair, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 10:e1004372. 2014....
- Platelet-derived growth factor-D modulates extracellular matrix homeostasis and remodeling through TIMP-1 induction and attenuation of MMP-2 and MMP-9 gelatinase activitiesErawan Borkham-Kamphorst
Institute of Molecular Pathobiochemistry, Experimental Gene Therapy and Clinical Chemistry, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Germany Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 457:307-13. 2015..actin (α-SMA) production but has capacity to upregulate expression of the tissue inhibitor of metalloprotease 1 (TIMP-1) resulting in attenuation of MMP-2 and MMP-9 gelatinase activity as indicated by gelatinase zymography...
- TIMP-1 signaling via CD63 triggers granulopoiesis and neutrophilia in miceJulia Kobuch
Institut für Molekulare Immunologie und Experimentelle Onkologie, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Haematologica 100:1005-13. 2015..We previously found that elevated systemic levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) induce an increase of neutrophils in the liver, which in turn strongly promotes liver metastasis...
- Targeting Interleukin-1β Reduces Leukocyte Production After Acute Myocardial InfarctionHendrik B Sager
From Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Simches Research Building, Boston, MA H B S, T H, M H, P D, G C, M S, G R W, B T, Y I, Y S, R W, F K S, M N Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA R W and Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA P L
Circulation 132:1880-90. 2015..MI-associated blood leukocytosis correlates inversely with patient survival, yet the signals driving heightened leukocyte production after MI remain incompletely understood...
- Activation of the P2X₇ receptor induces migration of glial cells by inducing cathepsin B degradation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1Niamh Murphy
Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Neurochem 123:761-70. 2012..from neonatal C57BL/6 mice release and increase MMP-9 activity, which is coupled with a decrease in release of TIMP-1 and an increase in activated cathepsin B within the extracellular space...
- Tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 2 and matrix metalloproteinase activity in the serum and lungs of mice with lewis lung carcinomaYa A Kisarova
Institute of Physiology, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Novosibirsk
Bull Exp Biol Med 153:874-7. 2012We studied the content of tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 2 (TIMP-1 and TIMP-2) and activities of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) in the serum and lungs of mice with Lewis lung carcinoma metastasizing into the lung...
- Mapping and expression of the ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1 (Ube1) gene in the mouseC M Disteche
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Mamm Genome 3:156-61. 1992..the Ube1 gene in interspecific backcrosses between Mus spretus and C57BL/6 shows that the Ube1 locus maps close to Timp, in a conserved region of the mouse and human X Chrs that include Otc, Cybb, Syn1, Timp, and Araf...
- The properdin structural locus (Pfc) lies close to the locus for tissue inhibitor of metallothionine proteases (Timp) on the mouse X chromosomeS H Laval
MRC Radiobiology Unit, Didcot, Oxon, United Kingdom
Genomics 10:1030-4. 1991..The structural locus for murine tissue inhibitor of metallothionine proteases (Timp) could not be separated from properdin in a panel of 18 recombinant animals...
- Linkage of a gene for neural cell adhesion molecule, L1 (CamL1) to the Rsvp region of the mouse X chromosomeV M Chapman
Molecular and Cellular Biology Department, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263
Genomics 8:113-8. 1990..The X chromosome linkage and the relative position on the X chromosome coincident with the genes Rsvp/G6pd/Cf-8 were defined in backcross matings involving M. spretus and M. musculus...
- Detailed genetic mapping of the A-raf proto-oncogene on the mouse X chromosomeS G Grant
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263
Oncogene 6:397-402. 1991..We find that A-raf co-localizes with two other active genes, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (Timp) and synapsin (Syn-1), 4.0 +/- 2...
- Molecular cloning of gene sequences regulated by tumor promoters and mitogens through protein kinase CM D Johnson
Cancer Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032
Mol Cell Biol 7:2821-9. 1987..6 X 10(3) that exhibits homology with sequences representing a protein with human erythroid-potentiating activity and protease inhibitory activity...
- In situ hybridization studies suggest a role for the basic region-leucine zipper protein hXBP-1 in exocrine gland and skeletal development during mouse embryogenesisI M Clauss
Department of Cancer Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Dev Dyn 197:146-56. 1993..These observations suggest that hXBP-1 may play a role in regulating the expression of tissue specific genes (TIMP, osteonectin, osteopontin, osteocalcin) expressed in osteoblasts...
- Essential functions of synapsins I and II in synaptic vesicle regulationT W Rosahl
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas 75235, USA
Nature 375:488-93. 1995....
- The mouse scurfy (sf) mutation is tightly linked to Gata1 and Tfe3 on the proximal X chromosomeP J Blair
University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge Graduate Program of Biomedical Science 37831 8077
Mamm Genome 5:652-4. 1994
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the mouse uterus during the peri-implantation periodS K Das
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Dev Genet 21:44-54. 1997..1], MMPs; MMP-2 [gelatinase B], and MMP-13 [collagenase 3]) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs; TIMP-1, TIMP-2, and TIMP-3) in the mouse uterus from days 1 to 8 of pregnancy...
- Matrix metalloproteinases in angiogenesis: a moving target for therapeutic interventionW G Stetler-Stevenson
Laboratory of Pathology, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Clin Invest 103:1237-41. 1999
- Tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1 impairs arterial neointima formation after vascular injury in miceH R Lijnen
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Circ Res 85:1186-91. 1999The hypothesis that tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) plays a role in neointima formation was tested with the use of a vascular injury model in wild-type (TIMP-1(+/+)) and TIMP-1-deficient (TIMP-1(-/-)) mice...
- Temporospatial distribution of matrix metalloproteinase and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases during murine secondary palate morphogenesisJ Morris-Wiman
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0444, USA
Anat Embryol (Berl) 202:129-41. 2000..In addition, MMP-3 and TIMP-3 were immunolocalized to regions of the palatal epithelium that undergo reorganization concomitant with ..
- Deficiency of TIMP-1 exacerbates LV remodeling after myocardial infarction in miceEsther E J M Creemers
Department of Pathology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, University of Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H364-71. 2003..We hypothesized that a loss of MMP inhibitory control by tissue inhibitor of MMP (TIMP)-1 deficiency alters the course of postinfarction chamber remodeling and induced chronic myocardial infarction (MI) ..
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) deficient mice display reduced serum progesterone levels during corpus luteum developmentWarren B Nothnick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Endocrinology 144:5-8. 2003b>TIMP-1 is a multifunctional protein that is abundantly expressed within the ovary during the period of early corpus luteum formation. TIMP-1 has been suggested to play a role in progesterone production, but reports are conflicting...
- Differential expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases type 1 (TIMP-1) during mouse gonad developmentRomain Guyot
INSERM U329, Hopital Debrousse, Lyon, France
Dev Dyn 227:357-66. 2003..5 dpc) and in neonatal testes, a single TIMP (TIMP-1) was expressed in a sexually dimorphic manner from 12.5 dpc onward (i.e...
- Site-specific inductive and inhibitory activities of MMP-2 and MMP-3 orchestrate mammary gland branching morphogenesisBryony S Wiseman
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
J Cell Biol 162:1123-33. 2003..Nevertheless, the mammary gland is able to develop lactational competence in MMP mutant mice. Thus, specific MMPs refine the mammary branching pattern by distinct mechanisms during mammary gland branching morphogenesis...
- Steroidal regulation of uterine edema and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-3 messenger RNA expression is altered in TIMP-1-deficient miceWarren B Nothnick
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Biol Reprod 70:500-8. 2004..The objective of the current study was to examine the steroidal regulation of uterine TIMP expression and to determine the potential role of the TIMP-1 gene product in this regulation...
- Expression analysis of the entire MMP and TIMP gene families during mouse tissue developmentRobert K Nuttall
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
FEBS Lett 563:129-34. 2004....
- Lhx2-/- mice develop liver fibrosisEwa Wandzioch
Umeå Center for Molecular Medicine, Umea University, 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16549-54. 2004..This study establishes a spontaneous and reproducible animal model for hepatic fibrosis and reveals that Lhx2 expression in HSCs is important for proper cellular organization and differentiation of the liver...
- Matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 are dispensable for pancreatic islet formation and function in vivoSabina E Perez
Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, 94143 0573, USA
Diabetes 54:694-701. 2005..However, islet formation is unaffected in transgenic mice with modified tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP1) levels, suggesting that MMP activity may contribute little to islet morphogenesis in vivo.
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 deficiency abrogates obliterative airway disease after heterotopic tracheal transplantationPeter Chen
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue N, D3 190, P O Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:464-72. 2006..The goals of this study were to determine the expression profiles of MMPs and TIMPs and the role of TIMP-1 in the development of airway obliteration using the murine heterotopic tracheal transplant model of OB...
- Differential regulation of TIMP-1, -2, and -3 mRNA and protein expressions during mouse incisor developmentNagako Yoshiba
Division of Cariology, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Department of Oral Health Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 5274, Niigata, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 324:97-104. 2006..the functions of TIMPs in tooth development, we have analyzed the gene expression and protein localization of TIMP-1, -2, and -3 during mouse incisor development, from embryonic day 13 (E13) to postnatal day 3 (P3)...
- Individual Timp deficiencies differentially impact pro-MMP-2 activationJane L English
Ontario Cancer Institute, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:10337-46. 2006..through the formation of a trimolecular complex comprised of MT1-MMP/tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2)/pro-MMP-2...
- Histone deacetylase 7 maintains vascular integrity by repressing matrix metalloproteinase 10Shurong Chang
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell 126:321-34. 2006....
- Microarray analysis reveals the role of matrix metalloproteinases in mouse experimental autoimmune myocarditis induced by cardiac myosin peptidesQizhu Tang
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, PR China
Cell Mol Biol Lett 12:176-91. 2007..This indicates that MMPs may act as major regulators of the cytokine profile. Together, these findings provide new insight into the molecular events associated with the mechanism of the autoimmune genesis of myocarditis...
- Association of TIMP-2 with extracellular matrix exposed to mechanical stress and its co-distribution with periostin during mouse mandible developmentNagako Yoshiba
Division of Cariology, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Department of Oral Health Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 330:133-45. 2007..In this study, we analyzed and compared the distribution patterns of TIMP-2 and periostin during mouse mandible development...
- Gender-dependent physiological implications of combined PAI-1 and TIMP-1 gene deficiency characterized in a mouse modelJakob Harslund
1Section of Biomedicine, Dept of Veterinary Pathobiology, Faculty of Life Sciences, Univ of Copenhagen, Ridebanevej 9, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R1630-9. 2007..inhibitors plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase type 1 (TIMP-1) are two distinct proteins with separate molecular pathways...
- Amelioration of coxsackievirus B3-mediated myocarditis by inhibition of tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase-1Stephen J Crocker
Molecular and Integrative Neurosciences Dept, SP30 2110, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Am J Pathol 171:1762-73. 2007..We show herein that TIMP-1 expression is induced in the myocardium by CVB3 infection...
- Estrogen-induced uterine abnormalities in TIMP-1 deficient mice are associated with elevated plasmin activity and reduced expression of the novel uterine plasmin protease inhibitor serpinb7Xuan Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 76:160-72. 2009Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) is a multifunctional protein capable of regulating a variety of biological processes in a wide array of tissue and cell types...
- Overexpression of delta-like 4 induces arterialization and attenuates vessel formation in developing mouse embryosAlexandre Trindade
Centro de Informatica do Instituto Superior de Agronomia CIISA, Lisbon Technical University, Lisbon, Portugal
Blood 112:1720-9. 2008..These results establish the role of Dll4 in arterial identity determination, and regulation of angiogenesis subject to dose and location...
- Increased glomerular matrix metalloproteinase activity in murine lupus nephritisAnders A Tveita
1Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Kidney Int 74:1150-8. 2008..There was increased expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9, their protein inhibitors TIMP-1 and -2 and the metalloproteinase-9 stabilizing protein lipocalin-2 in kidneys of nephritic lupus-prone mice...
- uPARAP expression during murine lung developmentLeah Smith
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Box 359640, 325 9th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 8:486-93. 2008..Finally, we compared lung development between wild-type and uPARAP(-/-) mice, and found no significant histologic differences, indicating the presence of alternative collagen degradation pathways during murine lung development...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-2, but not cystatin C, inhibits the prometastatic activity of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in the liverCharlotte Kopitz
Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Institut für Experimentelle Onkologie und Therapieforschung, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Hum Gene Ther 19:1039-49. 2008..In the clinic, elevated expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) is often associated with increased aggressiveness of cancer...
- Hyperphagia and obesity in female mice lacking tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1Isabelle Gerin
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0622, USA
Endocrinology 150:1697-704. 2009..In studying Timp1(<tm1Pds>) mice, which have a null mutation in Timp1 (Timp1(-/-)), we observed that females exhibit increased ..
- Endothelial cell lumen and vascular guidance tunnel formation requires MT1-MMP-dependent proteolysis in 3-dimensional collagen matricesAmber N Stratman
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Medicine, Dalton Cardiovascular Center, University of Missouri Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Blood 114:237-47. 2009..In summary, a fundamental and previously unrecognized purpose of EC tube morphogenesis is to create networks of matrix conduits that are necessary for EC migration and tube remodeling events critical to blood vessel assembly...
- Site-specific tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 governs the matrix metalloproteinases-dependent degradation of crosslinked collagen scaffolds and is correlated with interleukin-10Q Ye
Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering Research Group, Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, University of Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 5:264-74. 2011..Interestingly, the major MMP inhibitor TIMP-1 was solely observed in subcutaneous implants, which is why MMP-13 and MMP-2 are not able to degrade the collagen ..
- BMP-2 regulates the formation of oral sulcus in mouse tongue by altering the balance between TIMP-1 and MMP-13Tadayoshi Fukui
Department of Orthodontics, Tsurumi University School of Dental Medicine, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Japan
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 293:1408-15. 2010..whether BMP-2 regulates the oral sulcus formation of mouse embryonic tongue by modifying the expression of TIMP and MMP. The BMP-2 siRNA induced a 180% increase in the depth of oral sulcus cavity (P < 0...
- Leptin regulates MMP-2, TIMP-1 and collagen synthesis via p38 MAPK in HL-1 murine cardiomyocytesKristin Schram
Department of Biology, York University, Toronto, Canada
Cell Mol Biol Lett 15:551-63. 2010..the effects of leptin on matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) activity, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP) expression, as well as collagen synthesis in HL-1 cardiac muscle cells...
- Silencing tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) with short interfering RNA reveals a role for TIMP-1 in hepatic stellate cell proliferationAndrew J Fowell
Liver and Pancreas Group, University of Southampton, Division of Infection, Inflammation and Immunity, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 407:277-82. 2011..of liver fibrosis through the secretion of fibrillar collagens and the tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 and -2...
- Tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP1) controls adipogenesis in obesity in mice and in humansB Meissburger
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Institute for ETH Zürich, Food Nutrition and Health, Schorenstrasse 16, 8603 Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Diabetologia 54:1468-79. 2011..We therefore sought to define the role of TIMP1 in adipogenesis and to elucidate whether upregulation of TIMP1 in obesity has direct effects on adipocyte formation...
- TIMP-1 deficiency subverts cell-cycle dynamics in murine long-term HSCsLara Rossi
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy and Center for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 117:6479-88. 2011..to the well-recognized role in extracellular matrix remodeling, the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) has been suggested to be involved in the regulation of numerous biologic functions, including cell proliferation ..
- ATXN1 protein family and CIC regulate extracellular matrix remodeling and lung alveolarizationYoontae Lee
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Cell 21:746-57. 2011..These findings demonstrate a critical role of ATXN1/ATXN1L-CIC complexes in extracellular matrix (ECM) remodeling during development and their potential roles in pathogenesis of disorders affecting ECM remodeling...
- Physical linkage of the A-raf-1, properdin, synapsin I, and TIMP genes on the human and mouse X chromosomesJ M Derry
MRC Molecular Neurobiology Unit, MRC Centre, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Genomics 12:632-8. 1992..the neuron-specific phosphoprotein synapsin I (SYN1), the glycoprotein tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP), the proto-oncogene A-raf-1 (ARAF1), and properdin (PFC), a positive regulator of the alternative pathway of human ..
- Multilocus molecular mapping of the mouse X chromosomeL J Mullins
Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Molecular and Cellular Biology Department, Buffalo, New York 14263
Genomics 3:187-94. 1988..the inbred strain C57BL/6JRos and either wild-derived Mus musculus or Mus spretus was followed for the murine genes Timp (tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases), Cf-8 (coagulation factor VIII), and Rsvp (red-sensitive visual pigment) ..
- The Role of TIMP-1 in Uterine PhysiologyWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2005Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) is expressed in the uteri of both menstruating and non-menstruating species...
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..Further, over-expression of MMP-9 or an imbalance in the MMP-9 to tissue inhibitor (TIMP) ratio has been associated with uterine pathologies such as dysfunctional uterine bleeding, endometriosis, ..
- EPITHELIAL/MESENCHYMAL INTERACTIONS IN LUNG DEVELOPMENTFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2002..Michael Mafthay, Carol Basbaum, and Gerald Cunha, all senior faculty members of Division of Pulmonary and Department of Anatomy at UCSF. (End of Abstract) ..
- Mechanisms of Myocardial Radiofrequency Scar ExpansionRupak Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mast Cell Role in Masseter Muscle RepairJOYCE MORRIS WIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- The Role of Proteinases in Experimental AsthmaFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together these findings will substantially contribute to the understanding of regulation of Th2 immunity and will provide new approaches for the treatment of asthma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of Proteases in Lung Inflammation & RemodelingFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work may serve as the foundation for future therapeutic studies that target a broad range of asthmatic patients. ..
- Extracellular Mechanisms For Thoracic Aortic AneurysmsJohn Ikonomidis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The central hypotheses of this project are that alterations in MMP/TIMP stoichiometry is an early event in TAA progression; that targeted modulation of MMP/TIMP stoichiometry will ..
- Viral-induced T Cell Responses in COPD ExacerbationFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Immune modulators of inflammation in servere COPDFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this application, we will study the role of a subset of cells in the immune system called T helper cells to determine if they could be responsible for the destruction of lung in subjects with COPD and emphysema. ..