Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tgfb2
Description: transforming growth factor, beta 2
Alias: BB105277, Tgf-beta2, Tgfb-2, transforming growth factor beta-2
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- TGF-beta as a candidate bone marrow niche signal to induce hematopoietic stem cell hibernationSatoshi Yamazaki
Laboratory of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Experimental Medicine, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo
Blood 113:1250-6. 2009..These data uncover a critical role for TGF-beta as a candidate niche signal in the control of HSC hibernation and provide TGF-beta as a novel tool for ex vivo modeling of the HSC niche...
- Tubedown-1 in remodeling of the developing vitreal vasculature in vivo and regulation of capillary outgrowth in vitroH Paradis
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s NF, A1B 3V6, Canada
Dev Biol 249:140-55. 2002..Our results also suggest that tbdn-1 may participate with TGF-beta2 in regulating normal development of the vitreal vasculature...
- Expression of activins and TGF beta 1 and beta 2 RNAs in early postimplantation mouse embryos and uterine deciduaK Manova
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021
Mech Dev 36:141-52. 1992..TGF beta 1 is expressed in the secondary decidual zone and in developing endothelial cells in the decidua and embryo. TGF beta 2 is expressed in the mesometrial decidua at 6 1/2 days and in the midline of the cranial neural plate...
- In situ hybridization analysis of TGF beta 3 RNA expression during mouse development: comparative studies with TGF beta 1 and beta 2R W Pelton
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232
Development 110:609-20. 1990..Furthermore, in several organ systems, TGF beta 3 transcripts are expressed during periods of active morphogenesis suggesting that the protein may be an important factor for the growth and differentiation of many embryonic tissues...
- Upregulation of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 contributes to angiogenesis defects in the placenta of alpha 2B-adrenoceptor deficient miceVerena Muthig
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Freiburg, Albertstrasse 25, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Circ Res 101:682-91. 2007....
- Embryonic gene expression patterns of TGF beta 1, beta 2 and beta 3 suggest different developmental functions in vivoF A Millan
Duncan Guthrie Institute of Medical Genetics, University of Glasgow, UK
Development 111:131-43. 1991..Finally both TGF beta 1 and beta 2 transcripts are seen in regions actively undergoing cardiac septation and valve formation, suggesting some interaction of these growth factors in this developmental process...
- Localization and actions of transforming growth factor-beta s in the embryonic nervous systemK C Flanders
Laboratory of Chemoprevention, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Development 113:183-91. 1991..Our data suggest that TGF-beta s 2 and 3 may play a role in regulation of neuronal migration and differentiation, as well as in glial cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Immunohistochemical localization of TGF beta 1, TGF beta 2, and TGF beta 3 in the mouse embryo: expression patterns suggest multiple roles during embryonic developmentR W Pelton
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
J Cell Biol 115:1091-105. 1991..This also indicates that TGF beta 1, beta 2, and beta 3 act through both paracrine and autocrine mechanisms during mammalian embryogenesis...
- Transforming growth factor-beta 3 is required for secondary palate fusionG Proetzel
Department of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45267, USA
Nat Genet 11:409-14. 1995..No craniofacial abnormalities were observed. This result demonstrates that TGF-beta 3 affects palatal shelf fusion by an intrinsic, primary mechanism rather than by effects secondary to craniofacial defects...
- TGFbeta2 knockout mice have multiple developmental defects that are non-overlapping with other TGFbeta knockout phenotypesL P Sanford
Department of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Development 124:2659-70. 1997..There is no phenotypic overlap with TGFbeta1- and TGFbeta3-null mice indicating numerous non-compensated functions between the TGFbeta isoforms...
- Sonic hedgehog signaling is essential for hair developmentB St-Jacques
Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Curr Biol 8:1058-68. 1998..To address the role of Shh in the hair follicle, we have examined Shh null mutant mice...
- The TGF-beta2 isoform is both a required and sufficient inducer of murine hair follicle morphogenesisK Foitzik
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachussetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, 02129, USA
Dev Biol 212:278-89. 1999..Thus, the TGF-beta2 isoform plays a specific role, not shared by the other TGF-beta isoforms, as an inducer of hair follicle morphogenesis and is both required and sufficient to promote this process...
- Double-outlet right ventricle and overriding tricuspid valve reflect disturbances of looping, myocardialization, endocardial cushion differentiation, and apoptosis in TGF-beta(2)-knockout miceU Bartram
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Circulation 103:2745-52. 2001..Mice deficient in the TGF-beta(2) gene die around birth and show a variety of defects of different organs, including the heart...
- TGF-beta is required for programmed cell death in interdigital webs of the developing mouse limbNicole Dünker
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Building 61, University of Saarland, D 66421, Homburg Saar, Germany
Mech Dev 113:111-20. 2002..We conclude that TGF- is a critical extrinsic regulator of PCD...
- Induced disruption of the transforming growth factor beta type II receptor gene in mice causes a lethal inflammatory disorder that is transplantablePer Leveen
Department of Molecular Medicine and Gene Therapy, Lund University, Sweden
Blood 100:560-8. 2002..This animal model provides an important tool to further clarify the pathogenic mechanisms in animals deficient for TGF-beta signaling and the importance of TGF-beta to regulate immune functions...
- The transforming growth factor-betas: multifaceted regulators of the development and maintenance of skeletal muscles, motoneurons and Schwann cellsIan S McLennan
The Neuromuscular Research Group, The University of Otago, New Zealand
Int J Dev Biol 46:559-67. 2002..The review concludes with a discussion of whether all of these of postulated functions can occur independently of each other, within the confines of the neuromuscular system...
- Heart and liver defects and reduced transforming growth factor beta2 sensitivity in transforming growth factor beta type III receptor-deficient embryosKaye L Stenvers
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 23:4371-85. 2003..These data indicate that TbetaRIII is an important modulator of TGFbeta2 function in embryonic fibroblasts and that reduced sensitivity to TGFbeta2 may underlie aspects of the TbetaRIII mutant phenotype...
- Cardiac outflow tract defects in mice lacking ALK2 in neural crest cellsVesa Kaartinen
Developmental Biology Program, The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Departments of Pathology and Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Development 131:3481-90. 2004..Thus, the type I BMP receptor ALK2 plays an essential cell-autonomous role in the development of the cardiac outflow tract and aortic arch derivatives...
- The positive regulatory effect of TGF-beta2 on primitive murine hemopoietic stem and progenitor cells is dependent on age, genetic background, and serum factorsEls Henckaerts
Carl C Icahn Center for Gene Therapy and Molecular Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Immunol 173:2486-93. 2004..Taken together, our data suggest a role for TGF-beta2 and as yet unknown serum factors in the aging of the hemopoietic stem cell compartment and possibly in organismal aging...
- Transforming growth factor beta-SMAD2 signaling regulates aortic arch innervation and developmentDaniel G M Molin
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9602, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Circ Res 95:1109-17. 2004..We hypothesize that disturbed maturation of the fourth pharyngeal arch artery, and especially abrogated vascular innervation, will result in fourth arch interruptions...
- Transforming growth factor-beta2 enhances differentiation of cardiac myocytes from embryonic stem cellsDinender Kumar Singla
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05446, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:135-41. 2005..In conclusion, TGF-beta2 but not TGF-beta1, or -beta3 promotes cardiac myocyte differentiation from ES cells...
- Bmp2 is essential for cardiac cushion epithelial-mesenchymal transition and myocardial patterningLijiang Ma
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, 2121 West Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 132:5601-11. 2005..Our data indicate that Bmp2 has a crucial role in coordinating multiple aspects of AV canal morphogenesis...
- Transforming growth factor beta is required for differentiation of mouse mesencephalic progenitors into dopaminergic neurons in vitro and in vivo: ectopic induction in dorsal mesencephalonEleni Roussa
Department for Neuroanatomy, Georg August University, DFG Research Center of Molecular Physiology of the Brain, University of Gottingen, Kreuzbergring 36, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Stem Cells 24:2120-9. 2006..Together, the results clearly demonstrate that TGF-beta2 and TGF-beta3 are essential signals for differentiation of midbrain progenitors toward neuronal fate and dopaminergic phenotype...
- Pinch1 is required for normal development of cranial and cardiac neural crest-derived structuresXingqun Liang
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0613, USA
Circ Res 100:527-35. 2007..Together, our results demonstrate that Pinch1 plays an essential role in neural crest development, perhaps in part through transforming growth factor-beta signaling...
- Long form of latent TGF-beta binding protein 1 (Ltbp1L) is essential for cardiac outflow tract septation and remodelingVesna Todorovic
Cell Biology Department, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 134:3723-32. 2007..This phenotype reveals a crucial role for Ltbp1L and matrix as extracellular regulators of Tgf-beta activity in heart organogenesis...
- Augmented and accelerated nephrogenesis in TGF-beta2 heterozygous mutant miceSunder Sims-Lucas
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Monash University, Melbourne 3800, Australia
Pediatr Res 63:607-12. 2008..Manipulation of TGF-beta2 signaling in vivo may provide avenues for protection or rescue of nephron endowment in fetuses at risk...
- Recruitment and maintenance of tendon progenitors by TGFbeta signaling are essential for tendon formationBrian A Pryce
Shriners Hospital for Children, Research Division, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Development 136:1351-61. 2009..TNP) marker scleraxis both in organ culture and in cultured cells, and disruption of TGFbeta signaling in Tgfb2(-/-);Tgfb3(-/-) double mutant embryos or through inactivation of the type II TGFbeta receptor (TGFBR2; also known ..
- TGFbeta signaling in male germ cells regulates gonocyte quiescence and fertility in miceStéphanie G Moreno
Laboratoire de Développement des Gonades, CEA, DSV iRCM SCSR, Fontenay aux Roses, F 92265, France
Dev Biol 342:74-84. 2010....
- Regulation of BMP-dependent chondrogenesis in early limb mesenchyme by TGFbeta signalsKonstantina Karamboulas
Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Cell Sci 123:2068-76. 2010..However, the programs differ in the transient signals driving chondrogenic responsiveness to BMPs, with SHH operating in the former and TGFbeta activation in the latter...
- Transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta1, TGFbeta2 and TGFbeta3) null-mutant phenotypes in embryonic gonadal developmentMushtaq A Memon
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 4234, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 294:70-80. 2008The role transforming growth factor beta (TGFb) isoforms TGFb1, TGFb2 and TGFb3 have in the regulation of embryonic gonadal development was investigated with the use of null-mutant (i.e. knockout) mice for each of the TGFb isoforms...
- Transforming growth factors beta 1, beta 2, and beta 3 messenger RNA and protein expression in mouse uterus and vagina during estrogen-induced growth: a comparison to other estrogen-regulated genesT Takahashi
Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Cell Growth Differ 5:919-35. 1994..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Tgfbeta2 -/- Tgfbeta3 -/- double knockout mice display severe midline fusion defects and early embryonic lethalityNicole Dünker
Department of Neuroanatomy, Georg August University Gottingen, 37075 Gottingen, German
Anat Embryol (Berl) 206:73-83. 2002....
- Developmental expression and CORT-regulation of TGF-beta and EGF receptor mRNA during mouse palatal morphogenesis: correlation between CORT-induced cleft palate and TGF-beta 2 mRNA expressionT Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0641, USA
Teratology 54:34-44. 1996....
- Differential expression of insulin-like growth factors I and II (IGF I and II), mRNA, peptide and binding protein 1 during mouse palate development: comparison with TGF beta peptide distributionM W Ferguson
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Manchester, UK
J Anat 181:219-38. 1992....
- Differential expression of TGF beta 1, beta 2 and beta 3 genes during mouse embryogenesisP Schmid
Ciba Geigy Ltd, Biotechnology, Department of Molecular Genetics, Basel, Switzerland
Development 111:117-30. 1991..In the root sheath of the whisker follicle, TGF beta 1, beta 2 and beta 3 were expressed simultaneously. We discuss the implication of these results in regard to known regulatory elements of the TGF beta genes and their receptors...
- The effects of retinoid status on TGF beta expression during mouse embryogenesisR Mahmood
Laboratory of Chemoprevention, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Anat Embryol (Berl) 192:21-33. 1995..The long-term nature of the effects of transient exposure to RA excess suggests that the mechanisms of RA-TGF beta interaction may be indirect...
- A role for p75 neurotrophin receptor in the control of hair follicle morphogenesisN V Botchkareva
Department of Dermatology, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Dev Biol 216:135-53. 1999....
- Signaling to the epithelium is not sufficient to mediate all of the effects of transforming growth factor beta and bone morphogenetic protein 4 on murine embryonic lung developmentA D Bragg
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Mech Dev 109:13-26. 2001..Based on these data and data from mesenchyme-free cultures, we propose that the mesenchyme influences growth factor signaling in the lung...
- Transforming growth factor-beta isoforms differently stimulate proalpha2 (I) collagen gene expression during wound healing process in transgenic miceTakuro Kinbara
Department of Dermatology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
J Cell Physiol 190:375-81. 2002..These findings suggest that TGF-beta1 and -beta3 have similar but not identical regulatory mechanisms of COL1A2 expression, and that their pathophysiological roles in wound healing might be different from each other...
- Identification of two cerebral malaria resistance loci using an inbred wild-derived mouse strainSébastien Bagot
Unité Immunophysiopathologie Infectieuse, Institut Pasteur, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité de Recherche Associée 1961, and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9919-23. 2002..These data provide the first evidence of loci associated with resistance to murine cerebral malaria, which may have important implications for the search for genetic factors controlling cerebral malaria in humans...
- HtrA1 serine protease inhibits signaling mediated by Tgfbeta family proteinsChio Oka
Division of Gene Function in Animals, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Development 131:1041-53. 2004..Taken together, these data indicate that HtrA1 protease is a novel inhibitor of Tgfbeta family members...
- Serum response factor, its cofactors, and epithelial-mesenchymal signaling in urinary bladder smooth muscle formationJiang Li
Department of Urology University of California 400 Parnassus Avenue, ACC 610 California 94143 0738 San Francisco, USA
Differentiation 74:30-9. 2006..The unique structure of the urinary bladder makes it an ideal model for studies of smooth muscle differentiation and epithelial-mesenchymal signaling...
- Combined loss of Hey1 and HeyL causes congenital heart defects because of impaired epithelial to mesenchymal transitionAndreas Fischer
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Circ Res 100:856-63. 2007..Thus, the Hey gene family shows overlap in controlling Notch induced endocardial epithelial to mesenchymal transition, a process critical for valve and septum formation...
- An Nkx2-5/Bmp2/Smad1 negative feedback loop controls heart progenitor specification and proliferationOwen W J Prall
Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Sydney 2010, Australia
Cell 128:947-59. 2007....
- Retinoic acid deficiency alters second heart field formationLucile Ryckebusch
Developmental Biology Institute of Marseille Luminy, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 6216, Campus de Luminy Case 907, 13009 Marseille, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2913-8. 2008..5 and RA signaling by generating double mutant mice. Strikingly, Nkx2.5 deficiency was able to rescue molecular defects in the posterior region of the Raldh2(-/-) mutant heart, in a gene dosage-dependent manner...
- TGF beta2-induced changes in LRP-1/T beta R-V and the impact on lysosomal A beta uptake and neurotoxicityPirooz Eslami
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Brain Res 1241:176-87. 2008..Our data support a key role for low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein/transforming growth factor beta receptor V in mediating transforming growth factor beta2 enhancement of amyloid beta peptide uptake and neurotoxicity...
- Interaction of Gata4 and Gata6 with Tbx5 is critical for normal cardiac developmentMeenakshi Maitra
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Dev Biol 326:368-77. 2009..These findings highlight the unique genetic interactions of Gata4 and Gata6 with Tbx5 for normal cardiac morphogenesis in vivo...
- Conversion of Th2 memory cells into Foxp3+ regulatory T cells suppressing Th2-mediated allergic asthmaByung Seok Kim
Laboratory of Immunology, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8742-7. 2010..Our findings reveal the plasticity of Th2 memory cells and provide a strategy for adoptive immunotherapy for the treatment of allergic diseases...
- Inhibition of transforming growth factor β worsens elastin degradation in a murine model of Kawasaki diseaseCristina M Alvira
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5162, USA
Am J Pathol 178:1210-20. 2011..Thus, strategies to block TGF-β, used in those with Marfan syndrome, are unlikely to be beneficial and could be detrimental...
- Ectopic retinoic acid signaling affects outflow tract cushion development through suppression of the myocardial Tbx2-Tgfβ2 pathwayMasahide Sakabe
Division of Mammalian Development, National Institute of Genetics, 1111 Yata Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Development 139:385-95. 2012..b>Tgfb2 expression was also downregulated in the RA-treated OFT region and was upregulated by Tbx2 in a culture system...
- In vivo evidence for a bridging role of a collagen V subtype at the epidermis-dermis interfaceChristelle Bonod-Bidaud
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, ENS de Lyon, UMR CNRS 5242, SFR BioSciences Gerland, Lyon, France
J Invest Dermatol 132:1841-9. 2012..This finding strongly suggests that collagen V may be expressed in skin as different subtypes with important but distinct roles in matrix organization and stability...
- Myocardin-like protein 2 regulates TGFβ signaling in embryonic stem cells and the developing vasculatureJian Li
University of Pennsylvania Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Development 139:3531-42. 2012..Taken together, these data demonstrate that MKL2 regulates a conserved TGF-β signaling pathway that is required for angiogenesis and ultimately embryonic survival...
- Spatial mapping and quantification of developmental branching morphogenesisKieran Short
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, 3800, Australia
Development 140:471-8. 2013..To demonstrate further its capacity to profile unrecognised genetic contributions to organ development, we examine Tgfb2 mutant kidneys, identifying elements of both developmental delay and specific spatial dysmorphology caused by ..
- TGFβ signaling is required for sprouting lymphangiogenesis during lymphatic network development in the skinJennifer M James
Laboratory of Stem Cell and Neuro Vascular Biology, Genetics and Developmental Biology Center, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10 6C103, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 140:3903-14. 2013..These data suggest a dual role for TGFβ signaling during lymphatic network morphogenesis in the skin, such that it enhances LEC sprouting and branching complexity while attenuating LEC proliferation. ..
- TGF-β2 dictates disseminated tumour cell fate in target organs through TGF-β-RIII and p38α/β signallingPaloma Bragado
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Department of Otolaryngology, Tisch Cancer Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York 10029, USA
Nat Cell Biol 15:1351-61. 2013..Our work reveals a 'seed and soil' mechanism where TGF-β2 and TGF-β-RIII signalling through p38α/β regulates DTC dormancy and defines restrictive (BM) and permissive (lung) microenvironments for HNSCC metastasis. ..
- Thymocyte apoptosis drives the intrathymic generation of regulatory T cellsJoanne E Konkel
Mucosal Immunology Section, Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E465-73. 2014..Collectively, our results indicate that thymic apoptosis is a key event in tTreg generation and reveal a previously unrecognized apoptosis-TGFβ-Foxp3 axis that mediates the development of tTregs. ..
- Remodeling of the myocardium in early trabeculation and cardiac valve formation; a role for TGFβ2Boudewijn P T Kruithof
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Int J Dev Biol 57:853-63. 2013..Based on these results we propose a new model clarifying early trabeculae formation and AV valve formation and provide new inroads for an enhanced understanding of congenital heart defects. ..
- Combinatorial actions of Tgfβ and Activin ligands promote oligodendrocyte development and CNS myelinationDipankar J Dutta
Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA Corinne Goldsmith Dickinson Center for MS, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA Friedman Brain Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Development 141:2414-28. 2014..Collectively, these findings suggest that, in mammalian spinal cord, Tgfβ ligands and ActB together support oligodendrocyte development and myelin formation...
- The MicroRNA 29 Family Promotes Type II Cell Differentiation in Developing LungWei Guo
Departments of Biochemistry and Obstetrics and Gynecology, North Texas March of Dimes Birth Defects Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Mol Cell Biol 36:2141. 2016..Together, these findings identify miR-29 family members as TTF-1-driven mediators of SP-A expression and type II cell differentiation through repression of TGF-β signaling. ..
- Pten Regulates Retinal Amacrine Cell Number by Modulating Akt, Tgfβ, and Erk SignalingNobuhiko Tachibana
Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Biological Sciences Platform, Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
J Neurosci 36:9454-71. 2016..Pten is thus a positive regulator of amacrine cell production, acting via multiple downstream pathways, highlighting its diverse actions as a mediator of cell number control...
- Concerted action of TGF-beta 1 and its type II receptor in control of epidermal homeostasis in transgenic miceW Cui
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Glasgow, Duncan Guthrie Institute, Yorkhill, UK
Genes Dev 9:945-55. 1995..These results suggest that TGF-beta 1 and its type II receptor are part of the endogenous homeostatic regulatory machinery of the epidermis...
- Nfatc1 coordinates valve endocardial cell lineage development required for heart valve formationBingruo Wu
Department of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Price Center 420, 1301 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Circ Res 109:183-92. 2011....
- Novel murine homeo box gene on chromosome 1 expressed in specific hematopoietic lineages and during embryogenesisJ D Allen
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, PO Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia
Genes Dev 5:509-20. 1991..It probably also functions outside the hematopoietic system, however, because Hlx mRNA could be detected in diverse adult tissues and in embryos from as early as day 8 of development...
- Patterns of expression of murine Vgr-1 and BMP-2a RNA suggest that transforming growth factor-beta-like genes coordinately regulate aspects of embryonic developmentK M Lyons
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
Genes Dev 3:1657-68. 1989..Our results suggest that the coordinated expression of several members of the TGF beta superfamily is required to control the progression of specific cell types through their differentiation pathways...
- E-selectin ligand-1 regulates growth plate homeostasis in mice by inhibiting the intracellular processing and secretion of mature TGF-betaTao Yang
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2474-85. 2010..This study identifies what we believe to be a novel intracellular mechanism for regulating TGF-beta during skeletal development and homeostasis...
- Quantitative trait mapping reveals a regulatory axis involving peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors, PRDM16, transforming growth factor-β2 and FLT3 in hematopoiesisSerine Avagyan
Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Blood 118:6078-86. 2011..We furthermore show that PPARγ agonists play a FLT3-dependent role in stress responses of progenitor cells. These observations identify a novel regulatory axis that includes PPARs, Prdm16, and TGF-β2 in hematopoiesis...
- TGF-beta-1 up-regulates extra-cellular matrix production in mouse hepatoblastsDaisuke Sugiyama
Division of Hematopoietic Stem Cells, Advanced Medical Initiatives, Department of Advanced Medical Initiatives, Kyushu University Faculty of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Mech Dev 130:195-206. 2013..Taken together, our observations suggest that hepatoblasts predominantly produce ECM factors under control of TGF-beta-1 in fetal liver...
- Signaling through the TGF beta-activin receptors ALK4/5/7 regulates testis formation and male germ cell developmentDenise C Miles
Centre for Reproduction and Development, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e54606. 2013....
- Smad signaling pathways regulate pancreatic endocrine developmentYousef El-Gohary
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, One Children s Hospital Drive, 4401 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, USA
Dev Biol 378:83-93. 2013..These results should provide a better understanding of the key control mechanisms for β-cell development...
- Transforming growth factor-beta. A family of growth regulatory peptidesD A Miller
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
Ann N Y Acad Sci 593:208-17. 1990..Although the relationship between the TGF beta genes and these loci have not been proven to be allelic, they may reveal important clues to the true activities of these molecules in vivo...
- Transient production of TGF-beta 2 by postnatal cerebellar neurons and its effect on neuroblast proliferationD B Constam
University Hospital of Zurich, Department of Internal Medicine, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 6:766-78. 1994..Furthermore, TGF-beta was found to inhibit the proliferation of cultured small cerebellar neurons. Taken together, these data suggest that TGF-beta 2 is involved in the regulation of postnatal development of the cerebellum...
- Mesenchymal-epithelial interactions and transforming growth factor-beta expression during mouse prostate morphogenesisT L Timme
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
Endocrinology 134:1039-45. 1994....
- Changes in levels of mRNAs of transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1, -beta2, -beta3, TGF-beta type II receptor and sulfated glycoprotein-2 during apoptosis of mouse uterine epitheliumK Wada
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 59:367-75. 1996....
- Role of TGF-beta in RA-induced cleft palate in CD-1 miceS J Degitz
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign 61801, USA
Teratology 58:197-204. 1998..Further, changes in TGF-beta isoforms were observed prior to changes in mesenchyme morphology and must be considered as mediators of RA's effects on mesenchyme development...
- Submandibular gland morphogenesis: stage-specific expression of TGF-alpha/EGF, IGF, TGF-beta, TNF, and IL-6 signal transduction in normal embryonic mice and the phenotypic effects of TGF-beta2, TGF-beta3, and EGF-r null mutationsT Jaskoll
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 90089, USA
Anat Rec 256:252-68. 1999..These and other findings provide insight into the design of future functional studies...
- Developmental expression of latent transforming growth factor beta binding protein 2 and its requirement early in mouse developmentJ M Shipley
Department of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:4879-87. 2000....
- Scanning of five chromosomes for alcohol consumption lociC Vadasz
Laboratory of Neurobehavior Genetics, Nathan S Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research, 140 Old Orangeburg Road, 10962, Orangeburg, NY, USA
Alcohol 22:25-34. 2000..1) and opioid receptor kappa 3 (chr. 2), respectively. The results of this gene-mapping study suggest that genetic polymorphisms in kappa opioid receptors may contribute to genetic predisposition to voluntary alcohol-drinking behavior...
- Quantification of transforming growth factor beta1 (TGFbeta1) mRNA expression in mouse preimplantation embryos and determination of TGFbeta receptor (type I and type II) expression in mouse embryos and reproductive tractJ F Chow
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Mol Hum Reprod 7:1047-56. 2001..This study has shown that preimplantation mouse embryos produce TGFbeta(1) and that both the embryos and the reproductive tract are responsive to TGFbeta(1) in the preimplantation period...
- Endocardial cushion and myocardial defects after cardiac myocyte-specific conditional deletion of the bone morphogenetic protein receptor ALK3Vinciane Gaussin
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:2878-83. 2002..Hence, ALK3 is essential, beyond just the egg cylinder stage, for myocyte-dependent functions and signals in cardiac organogenesis...
- Altered apoptosis pattern during pharyngeal arch artery remodelling is associated with aortic arch malformations in Tgfbeta2 knock-out miceDaniel G M Molin
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University Medical Centre, P O Box 9602, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 56:312-22. 2002..In order to unravel the underlying mechanism we studied the role of apoptosis in the normal regression of pharyngeal arch artery segments and in a mouse model that develops aortic arch malformations...
- Differential expression of decorin and biglycan genes during palatogenesis in normal and retinoic acid-treated miceYuxiang Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Fukushima Medical University, Fukushima City, Fukushima, Japan
Dev Dyn 226:618-26. 2003..Up-regulation of decorin gene expression in the retinoic acid-treated mice might influence the pathogenesis of cleft palate...
- Using advanced intercross lines for high-resolution mapping of HDL cholesterol quantitative trait lociXiaosong Wang
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Genome Res 13:1654-64. 2003..We tested 27 candidate genes and found significant mRNA expression differences for 12 (Nr1i3, Apoa2, Sap, Tgfb2, Fgfbp1, Prom, Ppargc1, Tcf1, Ncor2, Srb1, App, and Ifnar)...
- Reduced programmed cell death in the retina and defects in lens and cornea of Tgfbeta2(-/-) Tgfbeta3(-/-) double-deficient miceNicole Dünker
Center of Anatomy, Department of Neuroanatomy, Georg August University Gottingen, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 313:1-10. 2003..Moreover, our data indicate that TGF-betas play essential roles in cornea and lens development...
- Hyperglycemia-induced TGFbeta and fibronectin expression in embryonic mouse heartIda Washington Smoak
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
Dev Dyn 231:179-89. 2004..Prominent TGF beta1, and minimal TGF beta2 or TGF beta 3, protein expression was demonstrated in embryonic day (E) 9.5-E13.5 hearts...
- Conditional deletion of the TGF-beta type II receptor in Col2a expressing cells results in defects in the axial skeleton without alterations in chondrocyte differentiation or embryonic development of long bonesMichael O Baffi
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Dev Biol 276:124-42. 2004..The data provide information regarding mechanisms of skeletal development and suggest that TGF-beta signaling is a critical component...
- Conditional mutagenesis of the murine serum response factor gene blocks cardiogenesis and the transcription of downstream gene targetsZhiyv Niu
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32531-8. 2005....
- GDNF applied to the MPTP-lesioned nigrostriatal system requires TGF-beta for its neuroprotective actionAndreas Schober
IZN, Department of Neuroanatomy, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 307, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 25:378-91. 2007..We conclude that striatal TGF-beta may be essential for permitting exogenous GDNF to act as a neuroprotective factor...
- Tbx2 and Tbx3 regulate the dynamics of cell proliferation during heart remodelingInes Ribeiro
Gene Expression Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e398. 2007..Cardiomyocytes in the future chamber myocardium acquire different cellular and physiological characteristics through activation of a chamber-specific genetic program, which is in part mediated by T-box genes...
- Cited2 is required for fetal lung maturationBing Xu
Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Dev Biol 317:95-105. 2008..We propose that the Cited2-Tcfap2c complex controls lung maturation by regulating Cebpa expression. Understanding the function of this complex may provide novel therapeutic strategies for patients with respiratory distress syndromes...
- Coronary development is regulated by ATP-dependent SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling component BAF180Xuling Huang
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Richard Simches Research Center, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Dev Biol 319:258-66. 2008..Together, these data reveal for the first time that BAF180 is critical for coronary vessel formation...
- Tbx3 is required for outflow tract developmentKarim Mesbah
Developmental Biology Institute of Marseilles Luminy, France
Circ Res 103:743-50. 2008....
- Transcriptional regulation by Pax3 and TGFbeta2 signaling: a potential gene regulatory network in neural crest developmentHiromichi Nakazaki
Laboratory of Neural Tube Research, Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Childrens Memorial Research Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Int J Dev Biol 53:69-79. 2009..phenotype by down-regulating one allele of Pax3, as in TGFbeta2(-/-)Pax3(+/-) embryos obtained through breeding TGFb2(+/-)Pax3(+/-) mice...
- Transforming growth factor beta promotes neuronal cell fate of mouse cortical and hippocampal progenitors in vitro and in vivo: identification of Nedd9 as an essential signaling componentTanja Vogel
Department of Neuroanatomy, Centre of Anatomy, Georg August University, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Cereb Cortex 20:661-71. 2010....
- Prdm16 is required for normal palatogenesis in miceBryan C Bjork
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, New Research Building, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:774-89. 2010..PRDM16 should be considered a candidate for mutation in human clefting disorders, especially NSCP and PRS-like CP...
- Retinoic acid regulates differentiation of the secondary heart field and TGFbeta-mediated outflow tract septationPeng Li
Broad Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Cell 18:480-5. 2010..This may be a common pathogenic pathway when second heart field and septation defects are coupled...
- Nucleoredoxin sustains Wnt/β-catenin signaling by retaining a pool of inactive dishevelled proteinYosuke Funato
Laboratory of Intracellular Signaling, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Curr Biol 20:1945-52. 2010..These findings reveal an unexpected function of NRX, retaining a pool of inactive Dvl for robust activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling upon Wnt stimulation...
- Long form of latent TGF-β binding protein 1 (Ltbp1L) regulates cardiac valve developmentVesna Todorovic
Department of Cell Biology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Dev Dyn 240:176-87. 2011..We demonstrate that Ltbp1L is a major regulator of Tgf-β activity during valvulogenesis since its absence results in a perturbed Tgf-β pathway that causes all Ltbp1L(-/-) valvular defects...
- β-catenin causes renal dysplasia via upregulation of Tgfβ2 and Dkk1Darren Bridgewater
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:718-31. 2011..Together, these results demonstrate that elevation of β-catenin levels during kidney development causes dysplasia...
- Differential expression of TGF beta isoforms in murine palatogenesisD R Fitzpatrick
Duncan Guthrie Institute of Medical Genetics, University of Glasgow, Yorkhill, UK
Development 109:585-95. 1990....
- RNA and protein localisations of TGF beta 2 in the early mouse embryo suggest an involvement in cardiac developmentM C Dickson
Department of Medical Genetics, Glasgow University, Yorkhill, UK
Development 117:625-39. 1993..5 days post coitum. The results are discussed in terms of a potential role of TGF beta 2 in controlling cardiomyogenesis and in inductive interactions leading to cardiac cushion tissue formation...
- TGF-beta 2 gene and protein expression in maternal and fetal tissues at various stages of murine developmentH L Cheng
Department of Molecular Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
J Reprod Immunol 25:133-48. 1993..TGF-beta 2 may play an important, albeit unknown, role at the maternal/fetal interface...
- MAPPING OF ALCOHOL PREFERENCE GENES IN RQI STRAINSCsaba Vadasz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Identification of a <1 cM region will allow the identification of candidate genes and ESTs. We will map each identified and confirmed QTL. ..
- CARDIOVASCULAR REMODELING MEDIATED BY RXRa RECEPTORSSTEVEN KUBALAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..III) To test the hypothesis that disruption of RXRalpha expression during cardiogenesis results in cardiac defects that are TGFbeta2 dependent. ..
- FUNCTION OF A GROWTH INDUCED GENE IN LIVER REGENERATIONKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Expression profiling of human isletsKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Phenotypic screen in mouse embryonic for TGF-beta signaling mutationsJAY VIVIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cell-based mutation screening strategies as developed in this proposal can be applied to any active biochemical pathway in mouse ES cells, to generate mouse lines for analysis in vivo. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of C57BL/6 ES cell technology for high thoughput use.KLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS OF THE BETA-CELLKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new resources generated through this project will be made available to the NIDDK-funded biotechnology centers and the diabetes research community at large. ..
- Liver Biology, Development and DiseaseKLAUS KAESTNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signaling Mechanisms Regulating Cardiac RemodelingSTEVEN KUBALAK; Fiscal Year: 2009..2) To determine how retinoic acid signaling regulates TGFbeta2-induced apoptosis and remodeling in the outflow tract. 3) To determine if RXRalpha directly interacts with Smad signaling in the outflow tract. ..