Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Stat6
Description: signal transducer and activator of transcription 6
Alias: signal transducer and transcription activator 6
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Generation of T follicular helper cells is mediated by interleukin-21 but independent of T helper 1, 2, or 17 cell lineagesRoza I Nurieva
Department of Immunology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Immunity 29:138-49. 2008..This study thus demonstrates that Tfh is a distinct Th cell lineage...
- Toxoplasma gondii rhoptry kinase ROP16 activates STAT3 and STAT6 resulting in cytokine inhibition and arginase-1-dependent growth controlBarbara A Butcher
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002236. 2011..into the host cell cytosol where it activates signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT)-3 and STAT6. Here, we generated a ROP16 deletion mutant on a Type I parasite strain background, as well as a control ..
- IL-4 and TGF-beta 1 counterbalance one another while regulating mast cell homeostasisMatthew R Macey
Virginia Commonwealth University, Biology Department, Box 842012, Richmond, VA 23284 2012, USA
J Immunol 184:4688-95. 2010..Dysregulation of this balance may impact allergic disease and be amenable to targeted therapy...
- The biology of Stat4 and Stat6A L Wurster
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, MA 02115, USA
Oncogene 19:2577-84. 2000..b>Stat6 and Stat4 are two STAT family members that specifically mediate signals that emanate from the IL-4 and IL-12 ..
- Intratracheal IL-13 induces eosinophilic esophagitis by an IL-5, eotaxin-1, and STAT6-dependent mechanismAnil Mishra
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Gastroenterology 125:1419-27. 2003..We aimed to determine whether delivery of a Th2 cytokine (interleukin [IL]-13) to the lung was sufficient for induction of EE...
- Francisella tularensis live vaccine strain induces macrophage alternative activation as a survival mechanismKari Ann Shirey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 181:4159-67. 2008..Ft LVS failed to induce alternative activation in IL-4Ralpha(-/-) or STAT6(-/-) macrophages and prolonged the classical inflammatory response in these cells, resulting in intracellular ..
- Differential regulation of IL-4Ralpha expression by antigen versus cytokine stimulation characterizes Th2 progression in vivoGeorgia Perona-Wright
Trudeau Institute, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
J Immunol 184:615-23. 2010..The IL-4Ralpha chain is an essential component of the IL-4 receptor and signals via STAT6. In this study, we show that infection with a helminth pathogen elicited broad upregulation of IL-4Ralpha on ..
- Aluminium hydroxide adjuvant initiates strong antigen-specific Th2 responses in the absence of IL-4- or IL-13-mediated signalingJ M Brewer
Department of Immunology, University of Glasgow, Western Infirmary, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Immunol 163:6448-54. 1999..Th2-associated IL-4 and IL-5 production in the absence of IL-4 signaling in mice deficient in either IL-4Ralpha or Stat6. The Th2 responses observed could not be due to IL-13 as IL-13 responses are also impaired in IL-4Ralpha- and ..
- Stat6-dependent and -independent pathways for IL-4 productionM H Kaplan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Immunol 163:6536-40. 1999b>Stat6 has been shown to have a crucial role in the IL-4-dependent differentiation of Th2 cells. In this report, we explore whether in vitro Th2 differentiation driven by altered costimulatory signals or Ag dose is Stat6 dependent...
- Stat6 regulation of in vivo IL-4 responsesF D Finkelman
Division of Immunology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Immunol 164:2303-10. 2000Although in vitro development of a Th2 response from naive CD4+ T cells is Stat6 dependent, mice immunized with a goat Ab to mouse IgD have been reported to produce a normal primary IL-4 response in Stat6-deficient mice...
- Down-regulation of caveolin-1, an inhibitor of transforming growth factor-beta signaling, in acute allergen-induced airway remodelingClaude Jourdan Le Saux
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
J Biol Chem 283:5760-8. 2008..This study demonstrates a previously unknown modulation of TGF-beta signaling by IL-4, via cav1, suggesting novel therapeutic targets for controlling the effects of TGF-beta and thereby ameliorating pathological airway remodeling...
- ECM1 controls T(H)2 cell egress from lymph nodes through re-expression of S1P(1)Zhenhu Li
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Nat Immunol 12:178-85. 2011..Our data identify a previously unknown function of ECM1 in regulating T(H)2 cell migration through control of KLF2 and S1P(1) expression...
- PARP-1 deficiency blocks IL-5 expression through calpain-dependent degradation of STAT-6 in a murine asthma modelR Datta
Department of Pharmacology, The Stanley Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Allergy 66:853-61. 2011....
- 8-Oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase 1 deficiency modifies allergic airway inflammation by regulating STAT6 and IL-4 in cells and in miceGuoping Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58203 9037, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 52:392-401. 2012..In addition, OGG-1 KO mice showed decreased expression and phosphorylation of STAT6 as well as NF-κB...
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 controls chemokine production and T helper cell type 2 cell trafficking in allergic pulmonary inflammationA Mathew
Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy, and Immunology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Exp Med 193:1087-96. 2001..Here we show that Stat6 also controls Th2 cell recruitment and effector function in allergic inflammation in vivo...
- Growth factor independent-1 induced by IL-4 regulates Th2 cell proliferationJinfang Zhu
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 16:733-44. 2002IL-4 is important in Th2 differentiation and in cell expansion. Stat6 is necessary and sufficient for both functions. Although Gata3 is critical for Th2 polarization, it is not sufficient to mediate IL-4-driven cell expansion...
- Enhanced clearance of herpes simplex virus type 1 and reduced herpetic eye disease in STAT6 knockout mice is associated with increased IL-2Homayon Ghiasi
Ophthalmology Research, Cedars Sinai Burns and Allen Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Virology 302:286-93. 2002b>STAT6 (signal transducers and activators of transcription 6)-deficient (STAT6-/-) mice have defects in IL-4- and IL-13-mediated functions and thus have a reduced T(H)2-mediated immune response...
- IFN-gamma-induced SOCS-1 regulates STAT6-dependent eotaxin production triggered by IL-4 and TNF-alphaTakeshi Sato
Division of Immunoregulation, Section of Disease Control, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 314:468-75. 2004..MEF produced high levels of eotaxin in STAT6-dependent manner when they were cultured with both IL-4 and TNF-alpha...
- Polycystin-1, STAT6, and P100 function in a pathway that transduces ciliary mechanosensation and is activated in polycystic kidney diseaseSeng Hui Low
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Dev Cell 10:57-69. 2006..The PC1 tail interacts with the transcription factor STAT6 and the coactivator P100, and it stimulates STAT6-dependent gene expression...
- Opposing actions of Stat1 and Stat6 on IL-13-induced up-regulation of early growth response-1 and platelet-derived growth factor ligands in pulmonary fibroblastsJennifer L Ingram
CIIT Centers for Health Research, Research Triangle Park, Durham, NC 27709, USA
J Immunol 177:4141-8. 2006..IL-13 increases PDGF-A and PDGF-C mRNA levels through a dual intracellular cascade that requires coactivation of Stat6 and Stat1 to impact transcriptional regulation of the early growth response (Egr)-1 gene, which then drives PDGF ..
- Nippostrongylus brasiliensis: identification of intelectin-1 and -2 as Stat6-dependent genes expressed in lung and intestine during infectionDavid Voehringer
Department of Medicine and Microbiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Exp Parasitol 116:458-66. 2007..from infected mice is mediated by IL-4 or IL-13 and dependent on the IL-4Ralpha chain and the transcription factor Stat6 in non-hematopoietic cells...
- The emerging role of T cell Ig mucin 1 in alloimmune responses in an experimental mouse transplant modelTakuya Ueno
Transplantation Research Center, Renal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 118:742-51. 2008..more effective in Th1-type cytokine-deficient Stat4(-/-) recipients as compared with Th2-type cytokine-deficient Stat6(-/-) recipients...
- Cloning of murine Stat6 and human Stat6, Stat proteins that are tyrosine phosphorylated in responses to IL-4 and IL-3 but are not required for mitogenesisF W Quelle
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 15:3336-43. 1995..Schindler, W.J. Henzel, T.C. Ho, M. Brasseur, and S. L. McKnight, Science 265:1701-1706, 1994), while the murine Stat6 amino acid and nucleotide sequences were 83 and 84% identical to the human sequences, respectively...
- NAB2, a corepressor of NGFI-A (Egr-1) and Krox20, is induced by proliferative and differentiative stimuliJ Svaren
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:3545-53. 1996..Sequencing of the Caenorhabditis elegans genome has identified a gene that bears high homology to both NAB1 and NAB2, suggesting that NAB molecules fulfill an evolutionarily conserved role...
- The failure of STAT6-deficient mice to develop airway eosinophilia and airway hyperresponsiveness is overcome by interleukin-5A Tomkinson
Division of Basic Sciences, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colorado, 80206, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160:1283-91. 1999While signal transducer and activator of transcription protein 6 (STAT6) is important in interleukin-4 (IL-4)-induced commitment of CD4(+) T cells to the T helper cell, type 2 (Th2) phenotype and IgE isotype switching in B cells, its ..
- SOCS-1/SSI-1-deficient NKT cells participate in severe hepatitis through dysregulated cross-talk inhibition of IFN-gamma and IL-4 signaling in vivoT Naka
Department of Molecular Medicine, Osaka Graduate School of Medicine, Suita City, Osaka, Japan
Immunity 14:535-45. 2001..However, elimination of the STAT1 or STAT6 gene or deletion of NKT cells substantially prevented severe hepatitis in SOCS-1-deficient mice, while ..
- A regulatory role for suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 in T(h) polarization in vivoMinoru Fujimoto
Department of Molecular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Int Immunol 14:1343-50. 2002..Crossing of SOCS-1(-/-) mice on an IFN-gamma(-/-), STAT1(-/-) and STAT6(-/-) background revealed that the fatal disease of SOCS-1(-/-) mice is also dependent on IFN-gamma/STAT1 and IL-4/..
- Stat4 and Stat6 signaling in hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury in mice: HO-1 dependence of Stat4 disruption-mediated cytoprotectionXiu Da Shen
Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, Division of Liver and Pancreas Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Hepatology 37:296-303. 2003..This study analyzes the role of signal transducer and activator of transcription 4 (Stat4) and Stat6 signaling in liver I/R injury...
- Suppression of expression and function of negative immune regulator PD-1 by certain pattern recognition and cytokine receptor signals associated with immune system dangerXuemei Zhong
Departments of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, MA 02118, USA
Int Immunol 16:1181-8. 2004..Our data suggest a novel mechanism for enhancement of normal immune responses and disruption of normal tolerance mechanisms...
- Type 2 immunity is controlled by IL-4/IL-13 expression in hematopoietic non-eosinophil cells of the innate immune systemDavid Voehringer
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Departments of Medicine and Microbiology Immunology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 203:1435-46. 2006..Thus, components of type 2 immunity mediated by IL-4/IL-13 are partitioned between T cell-dependent IgE and an innate non-eosinophil tissue component, suggesting new strategies for interventions in allergic immunity...
- Lack of IL-4-induced Th2 response and IgE class switching in mice with disrupted Stat6 geneK Shimoda
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 USA
Nature 380:630-3. 1996..b>Stat6 is activated in response to interleukin (IL)-4 and may contribute to various functions including mitogenesis, T-..
- Th2 cells are required for the Schistosoma mansoni egg-induced granulomatous responseM H Kaplan
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 160:1850-6. 1998..mansoni ova in Stat4- and Stat6-deficient mice, which lack Th1 and Th2 cells, respectively...
- An interleukin-4-induced transcription factor: IL-4 StatJ Hou
Tularik, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Science 265:1701-6. 1994..Such observations indicate that IL-4 Stat has the same functional domain for both receptor coupling and dimerization...
- Essential role of Stat6 in IL-4 signallingK Takeda
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Nature 380:627-30. 1996..IL-4 activates two distinct signalling pathways through tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat6, a signal transducer and activator of transcription, and of a 170K protein called 4PS...
- Stat6 is required for mediating responses to IL-4 and for development of Th2 cellsM H Kaplan
Department of Cancer Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 4:313-9. 1996..IL-4) stimulation of cells leads to the activation of multiple signaling pathways, one of which involves Stat6. We have generated Stat6-deficient mice by gene targeting in embryonic stem cells to determine the role of this ..
- Impaired IL-13-mediated functions of macrophages in STAT6-deficient miceK Takeda
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
J Immunol 157:3220-2. 1996..In contrast to well-characterized IL-4 signaling pathways, which utilize STAT6 and 4PS/IRS2, IL-13 signaling pathways are poorly understood...
- IL-13, IL-4Ralpha, and Stat6 are required for the expulsion of the gastrointestinal nematode parasite Nippostrongylus brasiliensisJ F Urban
United States Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, USA
Immunity 8:255-64. 1998..This apparent paradox is explained by observations that IL-4 receptor alpha chain (IL-4Ralpha)-deficient mice and Stat6-deficient mice fail to expel N...
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription factor 6 (Stat6)-deficient mice are protected from antigen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness and mucus productionD Kuperman
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Exp Med 187:939-48. 1998..airway responses in mice in which the gene for the signal transducer and activator of transcription factor 6 (Stat6) was disrupted to those of their wild-type littermates...
- Abrogation of bronchial eosinophilic inflammation and airway hyperreactivity in signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT)6-deficient miceT Akimoto
New Product Research Laboratories IV, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 1 16 13 Kitakasai, Edogawa, Tokyo 134, Japan
J Exp Med 187:1537-42. 1998Signal transducers and activators of transcription 6 (STAT6) is essential for interleukin 4-mediated responses, including class switching to IgE and induction of type 2 T helper cells...
- T helper type 2 inflammatory disease in the absence of interleukin 4 and transcription factor STAT6A L Dent
Metabolism Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:13823-8. 1998..for the differentiation of T helper type 2 (TH2) cells from uncommitted CD4 T cell precursors is activation of the STAT6 transcription factor by interleukin 4 (IL-4)...
- Mice with STAT6-targeted gene disruption develop a Th1 response and control cutaneous leishmaniasisL M Stamm
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 161:6180-8. 1998The cutaneous growth of Leishmania mexicana was measured in STAT6-deficient mice (STAT6-/-) and compared with that in similarly infected wild-type (STAT6+/+) mice. Following s.c. inoculation with 5 x 10(6) amastigotes of L...
- Inhibition of Th1 development mediated by GATA-3 through an IL-4-independent mechanismW Ouyang
Department of Pathology and Center for Immunology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Immunity 9:745-55. 1998..Thus, GATA-3 expression and IL-12 signaling are mutually antagonistic, which facilitates rapid dominance of one pathway during early Th development, producing a stable divergence in cytokine profiles...
- IL-4 inhibits the production of TNF-alpha and IL-12 by STAT6-dependent and -independent mechanismsM K Levings
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Immunol 162:5224-9. 1999..The promotion of allergic responses by IL-4 has been shown to be absolutely dependent on the transcription factor STAT6. We report here that the inhibitory effects of IL-4 on the production of TNF-alpha or IL-12 by macrophages had ..
- Single cell analysis reveals that IL-4 receptor/Stat6 signaling is not required for the in vivo or in vitro development of CD4+ lymphocytes with a Th2 cytokine profileD Jankovic
Immunobiology Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, and Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 164:3047-55. 2000..IL-2-) develop in significant numbers in helminth-infected mice deficient in either IL-4R alpha-chain or Stat6. While an expanded population of Th1 (IL-4-, IL-5-, IFN-gamma+, IL-2+) lymphocytes was observed in the same ..
- Increased susceptibility of Stat4-deficient and enhanced resistance in Stat6-deficient mice to infection with Trypanosoma cruziR L Tarleton
Department of Cellular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Immunol 165:1520-5. 2000..cruzi, mice with induced deficiencies in the Stat4 or Stat6 genes were infected with T. cruzi...
- Role of STAT4 and STAT6 signaling in allograft rejection and CTLA4-Ig-mediated toleranceP Zhou
Section of Transplantation, Departments of Surgery, Section of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Immunol 165:5580-7. 2000STAT4(-/-) mice have impaired type 1 T cell differentiation, whereas STAT6(-/-) mice fail to generate type 2 responses...
- Pivotal role of signal transducer and activator of transcription (Stat)4 and Stat6 in the innate immune response during sepsisA Matsukawa
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Exp Med 193:679-88. 2001Signal transducer and activator of transcription (Stat)4 and Stat6 are transcription factors that provide type 1 and type 2 response, respectively...
- Enhanced resistance in STAT6-deficient mice to infection with ectromelia virusS Mahalingam
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:6812-7. 2001We inoculated BALB/c mice deficient in STAT6 (STAT6(-/-)) and their wild-type (wt) littermates (STAT6(+/+)) with the natural mouse pathogen, ectromelia virus (EV)...
- Stat6 is necessary and sufficient for IL-4's role in Th2 differentiation and cell expansionJ Zhu
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 166:7276-81. 2001..proteins, including insulin receptor substrate 1/2, Shc, and IL-4R interacting protein, as well as Stat6. Stat6 has been shown to be required for Th2 differentiation...
- Effect of targeted disruption of STAT4 and STAT6 on the induction of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisT Chitnis
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 108:739-47. 2001..Here we used animals with targeted deletion of the STAT4 or STAT6 genes to determine the role of these signaling molecules in EAE...
- Interleukin-13 mediates airways hyperreactivity through the IL-4 receptor-alpha chain and STAT-6 independently of IL-5 and eotaxinM Yang
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 25:522-30. 2001..Furthermore, IL-13-induced AHR, eosinophilia, and mucus production are critically dependent on the IL-4Ralpha chain and STAT-6...
- Proteolytic processing of Stat6 signaling in mast cells as a negative regulatory mechanismKotaro Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine II, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Exp Med 196:27-38. 2002Accumulating evidence has shown the importance of Stat6-mediated signaling in allergic diseases. In this study, we show a novel regulatory mechanism of Stat6-mediated signaling in mast cells...
- Analysis of the life cycle of stat6. Continuous cycling of STAT6 is required for IL-4 signalingRyan P Andrews
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36563-9. 2002..It is known that Stat6 is rapidly activated in response to IL-4; however, the fate of activated Stat6 is less clear...
- TH2 cytokines and allergic challenge induce Ym1 expression in macrophages by a STAT6-dependent mechanismJohn S Welch
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093 0651, USA
J Biol Chem 277:42821-9. 2002..and macrophage cell lines revealed the presence of multiple signal transducers and activators of transcription 6 (STAT6) response elements that function in a combinatorial manner to mediate transcriptional responses to IL-4...
- Role of STAT6 and mast cells in IL-4- and IL-13-induced alterations in murine intestinal epithelial cell functionKathleen B Madden
Department of Pediatrics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Immunol 169:4417-22. 2002..2 IL-4R, initiates Jak-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of the IL-4Ralpha-chain and the transcription factor, STAT6. In the present study, we investigated: 1) whether IL-13 has effects on intestinal epithelial cells similar to ..
- The Th2 cell cytokines IL-4 and IL-13 regulate found in inflammatory zone 1/resistin-like molecule alpha gene expression by a STAT6 and CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-dependent mechanismAdrian M Stütz
Department of Allergic Diseases, Novartis Research Institute, Brunnerstrasse 59, A 1630 Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 170:1789-96. 2003..Induction of both genes was abolished in allergen-challenged STAT6-deficient mice...
- IL-4 exacerbates anaphylaxisRichard T Strait
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Immunol 170:3835-42. 2003..produced IFN-gamma, was T cell-, B cell-, and common gamma-chain-independent, and required IL-4Ralpha and Stat6. IL-4Ralpha signaling also enhanced anaphylaxis in mice infected with a nematode parasite that stimulates IL-4/IL-..
- Dissociation of T helper type 2 cytokine-dependent airway lesions from signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 signalling in experimental chronic asthmaP S Foster
Division of Molecular Biosciences, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 33:688-95. 2003..Type 2 T helper lymphocytes (Th2 cells) and their cytokine products are important in the pathogenesis of asthma...
- Transcript signatures in experimental asthma: identification of STAT6-dependent and -independent pathwaysNives Zimmermann
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Immunol 172:1815-24. 2004..However, the majority of genes were common to both models representing an asthma signature genome. Analysis of STAT6-deficient mice revealed that an unexpectedly large segment of the asthma genes were STAT6 independent; this ..
- Essential role of GATA3 for the maintenance of type 2 helper T (Th2) cytokine production and chromatin remodeling at the Th2 cytokine gene lociMasakatsu Yamashita
PRESTO Project, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana Chuo ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:26983-90. 2004..Thus, GATA3 plays important roles in the maintenance of the Th2 phenotype and continuous chromatin remodeling of the specific Th2 cytokine gene locus through cell division...
- Increased numbers of committed myeloid progenitors but not primitive hematopoietic stem/progenitors in mice lacking STAT6 expressionKevin D Bunting
American Red Cross, Jerome H Holland Laboratory for the Biomedical Sciences, 15601 Crabbs Branch Way, Rockville, MD 20855, USA
J Leukoc Biol 76:484-90. 2004Signal transducer and activator of transcription-6 (STAT6) plays important roles in cytokine signaling via interleukin-4 and -13 receptors (IL-4R and IL-13R)...
- STAT6-mediated signaling in Th2-dependent allergic asthma: critical role for the development of eosinophilia, airway hyper-responsiveness and mucus hypersecretion, distinct from its role in Th2 differentiationAkihiko Hoshino
Medicinal Research Laboratory, Taisho Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Saitama, Japan
Int Immunol 16:1497-505. 2004..However, neither eosinophilia, AHR nor mucus hypersecretion was induced in Th2 cell-transferred STAT6-/- mice...
- STAT6-dependent differentiation and production of IL-5 and IL-13 in murine NK2 cellsTakuo Katsumoto
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Japan
J Immunol 173:4967-75. 2004..The production of IL-5 and IL-13 in NK2 cells was found to be STAT6 dependent...
- Regulation of T helper type 2 cell differentiation by murine Schnurri-2Motoko Y Kimura
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Exp Med 201:397-408. 2005..Thus, Shn-2 plays a crucial role in the control of Th2 cell differentiation by regulating NF-kappaB function...
- LPS induces the interaction of a transcription factor, LPS-induced TNF-alpha factor, and STAT6(B) with effects on multiple cytokinesXiaoren Tang
Department of Periodontology and Oral Biology, Center for Advanced Biomedical Research, Boston University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:5132-7. 2005..that we call signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) 6(B) because of its considerable homology to STAT6 [here referred to as STAT6(A)]. The STAT6(B) gene expression was found to be activated by LPS...
- Constitutive expression of CIITA directs CD4 T cells to produce Th2 cytokines in the thymusDipak R Patel
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell Immunol 233:30-40. 2005..CIITA Tg Th1 cells also expressed IL-4, IL-5, and IL-13 in the absence of Stat6. There was an approximate 10-fold increase in the number of peripheral naïve CD4 T cells and NK1...
- Induction of arginase I transcription by IL-4 requires a composite DNA response element for STAT6 and C/EBPbetaMichael J Gray
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, W1255 Biomedical Science Tower, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Gene 353:98-106. 2005..7 macrophage cells. IL-4 induction required a composite response element containing STAT6 and C/EBP sites located 2.86 kb upstream of the transcription start site...
- Immune regulation of protease-activated receptor-1 expression in murine small intestine during Nippostrongylus brasiliensis infectionAiping Zhao
Department of Medicine and the Mucosal Biology Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 175:2563-9. 2005..brasiliensis infection-induced alterations in PAR-1 responses, and 4) the STAT6 dependence of these responses...
- A distinct lineage of CD4 T cells regulates tissue inflammation by producing interleukin 17Heon Park
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nat Immunol 6:1133-41. 2005..Thus, IL-17 expression characterizes a unique T helper lineage that regulates tissue inflammation...
- Interleukin 17-producing CD4+ effector T cells develop via a lineage distinct from the T helper type 1 and 2 lineagesLaurie E Harrington
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Nat Immunol 6:1123-32. 2005..cells to differentiate into T(H)-17 cells independently of the transcription factors STAT1, T-bet, STAT4 and STAT6. These findings provide a basis for understanding how inhibition of IFN-gamma signaling enhances development of ..
- Oxidative metabolism and PGC-1beta attenuate macrophage-mediated inflammationDivya Vats
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Gerontology, Department of Medicine and Graduate Program in Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Cell Metab 4:13-24. 2006..We show here that in response to interleukin-4 (IL-4), signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) and PPARgamma-coactivator-1beta (PGC-1beta) induce macrophage programs for fatty acid oxidation and mitochondrial ..
- Helper T cell IL-2 production is limited by negative feedback and STAT-dependent cytokine signalsAlejandro V Villarino
Department of Pathobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Exp Med 204:65-71. 2007..signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) family transcription factors, namely STAT5, STAT4, and STAT6. Collectively, these findings establish that IL-2 production is limited by a network of autocrine and paracrine ..
- Chitin induces accumulation in tissue of innate immune cells associated with allergyTiffany A Reese
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Departments of Medicine and Microbiology Immunology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0795, USA
Nature 447:92-6. 2007..Chitin is a recognition element for tissue infiltration by innate cells implicated in allergic and helminth immunity and this process can be negatively regulated by a vertebrate chitinase...
- Notch directly regulates Gata3 expression during T helper 2 cell differentiationTerry C Fang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Immunity 27:100-10. 2007..Together, these data implicate Gata3 as a direct transcriptional Notch target that acts in concert with Notch signaling to generate optimal Th2 cell responses...
- Direct regulation of Gata3 expression determines the T helper differentiation potential of NotchDerk Amsen
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Immunity 27:89-99. 2007..Moreover, absence of GATA-3 turned Notch from a Th2 inducer into a powerful inducer of Th1 differentiation. Therefore, Gata3 is a critical element determining inductive Th2 differentiation and limiting Th1 differentiation by Notch...
- Alternatively activated macrophages in intestinal helminth infection: effects on concurrent bacterial colitisMeiqian Weng
Mucosal Immunology Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Immunol 179:4721-31. 2007..rodentium. We show that via a STAT6-dependent mechanism H...
- PTP1B is a negative regulator of interleukin 4-induced STAT6 signalingXiaoQing Lu
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Blood 112:4098-108. 2008..Herein, we report that phosphorylated STAT6 may serve as a cytoplasmic substrate for PTP1B...
- Commensal-dependent expression of IL-25 regulates the IL-23-IL-17 axis in the intestineColby Zaph
Department of Pathobiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Exp Med 205:2191-8. 2008..We propose that acquisition of, or alterations in, commensal bacteria influences intestinal immune homeostasis via direct regulation of the IL-25-IL-23-IL-17 axis...
- IL-33 induces antigen-specific IL-5+ T cells and promotes allergic-induced airway inflammation independent of IL-4Mariola Kurowska-Stolarska
Division of Immunology, Infection and Inflammation, Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre, University of Glasgow, Glasgow United Kingdom
J Immunol 181:4780-90. 2008..This polarization requires IL-1R-related molecule and MyD88 but not IL-4 or STAT6. The IL-33-induced T cell differentiation is also dependent on the phosphorylation of MAPKs and NF-kappaB but not ..
- The roles of eotaxin and the STAT6 signalling pathway in eosinophil recruitment and host resistance to the nematodes Nippostrongylus brasiliensis and Heligmosomoides bakeriM L Knott
University of Adelaide, Australia
Mol Immunol 46:2714-22. 2009..brasiliensis. This study was designed to assess the importance of the eosinophil chemokine eotaxin and the STAT6/interleukin (IL)-4/IL-13 signalling pathway in early resistance to N. brasiliensis...
- IL-13 receptor alpha2 regulates the immune and functional response to Nippostrongylus brasiliensis infectionMotoko Morimoto
Department of Medicine and Mucosal Biology Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 183:1934-9. 2009..infection-induced up-regulation of IL-13Ralpha2 gene expression was confined to smooth muscle and was dependent on STAT6 and IL-13, but not on IL-4...
- Live cell imaging reveals continuous STAT6 nuclear traffickingHui Chen Chen
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Immunol 185:64-70. 2010The STAT6 transcription factor is essential for the development of protective immunity; however, the consequences of its activity can also contribute to the pathogenesis of autoimmune disease...
- STAT6⁻/⁻ mice exhibit decreased cells with alternatively activated macrophage phenotypes and enhanced disease severity in murine neurocysticercosisBibhuti B Mishra
Department of Biology, South Texas Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases, University of Texas at San Antonio, One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, TX 78249 1644, United States
J Neuroimmunol 232:26-34. 2011..The infection in STAT6(-/-) mice resulted in significantly reduced accumulation of AAMs as well as enhanced susceptibility to infection ..
- STAT6 transcription factor is a facilitator of the nuclear receptor PPARγ-regulated gene expression in macrophages and dendritic cellsAttila Szanto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Egyetem ter 1 Debrecen, H 4010, Hungary
Immunity 33:699-712. 2010..PPARγ activity through an interaction between PPARγ and signal transducer and activators of transcription 6 (STAT6) on promoters of PPARγ target genes, including FABP4...
- IL-4/STAT6 immune axis regulates peripheral nutrient metabolism and insulin sensitivityRoberto R Ricardo-Gonzalez
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Gerontology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:22617-22. 2010..Here, we demonstrate that the IL-4/STAT6 immune axis, a key pathway in helminth immunity and allergies, controls peripheral nutrient metabolism and insulin ..
- STAT6 expression in multiple cell types mediates the cooperative development of allergic airway diseaseSvetlana P Chapoval
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 186:2571-83. 2011..They both share a common receptor subunit, IL-4Rα, and signal through the STAT6 pathway. STAT6(-/-) mice have impaired Th2 differentiation and reduced airway response to allergen...
- TSLP enhances the function of helper type 2 cellsMasayuki Kitajima
Immunology Program, Benaroya Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Eur J Immunol 41:1862-71. 2011..Taken together, these results indicate that TSLP is involved in exacerbation of mouse Th2-mediated allergic inflammation in a Th2 environment through direct stimulation of Th2 effector cells...
- Sensitivity and resistance to regulation by IL-4 during Th17 maturationLaura A Cooney
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatic Disease Research Core Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 187:4440-50. 2011..Downregulation of IL-17 by IL-4 is dependent on STAT6 and mediated by inhibition of STAT3 binding at the Il17a promoter...
- Activation of STAT6 by STING is critical for antiviral innate immunityHuihui Chen
State Key Laboratory of Protein and Plant Gene Research, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Cell 147:436-46. 2011b>STAT6 plays a prominent role in adaptive immunity by transducing signals from extracellular cytokines. We now show that STAT6 is required for innate immune signaling in response to virus infection...
- IL-4 acts as a potent stimulator of IFN-γ expression in CD8+ T cells through STAT6-dependent and independent induction of Eomesodermin and T-betJennifer A Oliver
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5620, USA
Cytokine 57:191-9. 2012..dependent upon activation of MAPK and PI3K but independent of the canonical IL-4-activated transcription factor, STAT6. In contrast, expression of IFN-γ induced by IL-4/CD3/CD28 stimulation showed additional dependency upon STAT6 ..
- Defective STAT signaling by the leptin receptor in diabetic miceN Ghilardi
Department of Pharmacology, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:6231-5. 1996..These data provide further evidence that the mutation in OB-R causes the db/db phenotype and identify three STAT proteins as potential mediators of the anti-obesity effects of leptin...
- STAT6 deficiency in a mouse model of allergen-induced airways inflammation abolishes eosinophilia but induces infiltration of CD8+ T cellsS Miyata
Fifth Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 29:114-23. 1999The TH2-type cytokines have been reported to contribute to the asthmatic response. STAT6 has an essential role in IL-4 signalling and in production of TH2 cytokines from T cells and is involved in IgE and IgG1 responses after nematode ..
- Direct effects of interleukin-13 on epithelial cells cause airway hyperreactivity and mucus overproduction in asthmaDouglas A Kuperman
Lung Biology Center, Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Med 8:885-9. 2002..Here we show that mice lacking signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) were protected from all pulmonary effects of IL-13...
- IL-18 contributes to the spontaneous development of atopic dermatitis-like inflammatory skin lesion independently of IgE/stat6 under specific pathogen-free conditionsHiroshi Konishi
Department of Dermatology, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu 514 8507, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11340-5. 2002..b>Stat6-deficient KCASP1Tg displayed undetectable levels of IgE but manifested the same degree of cutaneous changes, ..
- IL-4-induced STAT6 suppresses IFN-gamma-stimulated STAT1-dependent transcription in mouse macrophagesY Ohmori
Department of Immunology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
J Immunol 159:5474-82. 1997..Rather, IFN-gamma and IL-4 independently activate STAT1 and STAT6, respectively, and both proteins bind to the IRF-1 SBE in homodimeric form...
- Orally induced peripheral nonresponsiveness is maintained in the absence of functional Th1 or Th2 cellsH N Shi
Mucosal Immunology Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
J Immunol 162:5143-8. 1999..In the mucosa, however, the absence of Th1 and Th2 cytokines can markedly affect this response, perhaps by regulation of TGF-beta-secreting cells...
- Cytokine-stimulated T lymphocyte proliferation is regulated by p27Kip1S Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Immunol 165:6270-7. 2000..Although IL-4 stimulated proliferative responses are diminished in Stat6-deficient T cells, activated T cells from mice doubly deficient in both p27(Kip1) and Stat6 recover normal ..
- IL-13 induces airways hyperreactivity independently of the IL-4R alpha chain in the allergic lungJ Mattes
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
J Immunol 167:1683-92. 2001..By contrast, IL-13(+/+) T cells did not induce disease in STAT6-deficient mice...
- IL-4 promotes Stat6-dependent survival of autoreactive B cells in vivo without inducing autoantibody productionSuzanne C Morris
Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45220, USA
J Immunol 169:1696-704. 2002..Because in vitro treatment with IL-4 inhibits T cell apoptosis through a Stat6-independent mechanism, increases mIg expression, and suppresses activation-induced B cell death, we studied IL-4 ..
- Identification of novel IL-4/Stat6-regulated genes in T lymphocytesZhi Chen
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, Drug Discovery Graduate School, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
J Immunol 171:3627-35. 2003..IL-4 is particularly important for the development and perpetuation of asthma and allergy. Stat6 is the protein activated by signal transduction through the IL-4R, and studies with knockout mice demonstrate that ..
- Different competitive capacities of Stat4- and Stat6-deficient CD4+ T cells during lymphophenia-driven proliferationVanesa Sanchez-Guajardo
Lymphocyte Population Biology Unit, Institute Pasteur, France
J Immunol 174:1178-87. 2005..Because Stat4 and Stat6 proteins are implicated in the Th1 vs Th2 generation and maintenance, respectively, we compare in this study the ..
- Tumor cell antigen presentation to CD4 + T lymphocytesSuzanne Ostrand Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..of anti-tumor immunity? Which effector cells, cytokines, and chemokines are induced during therapy? 5) Does tumor burden correlate with tumor-induced immuno-suppression? Does surgical removal of primary tumor reverse mmuno-suppression? ..
- Tumor-induced immune suppression.Suzanne Ostrand Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently identified in mice a gene, the Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 6 (STAT6) gene, that when deleted, results in greatly improved survival and immune rejection of established metastatic ..
- CAPACITATIVE CALCIUM ENTRY DEFECT IN IMMUNE DEFICIENCYAnjana Rao; Fiscal Year: 2002..Deletion mapping using spectral karyotyping and microsatellite markers will be used to further narrow down the chromosomal region involved in the defect and candidate genes in this region will be evaluated. ..
- TH2-MEDIATED INFLAMMATORY RESPONSES IN THE SKIN AND LUNGCHRISTINA HERRICK; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have shown that: 1) these e.c.- induced Th2 responses are IL-4 independent, but STAT6 dependent; 2) IL-4 independent Th2 responses in e.c...
- PHI-381: A Novel Anti-Leukemic AgentMarina Cetkovic Cvrlje; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge gained from these studies described under Specific Aims 1-2 is expected to facilitate the design of innovative treatment regimens employing COBRA-1 for the treatment of metastatic solid tumors. ..
- Manipulation of T cell tolerance with small organic mol*Anjana Rao; Fiscal Year: 2005..The hope is that the 'information obtained from this pilot R21 proposal will eventually be extended to whole animal models of transplant and tumour rejection, allergy and autoimmune disease. ..
- Innate & adaptive immunities in control of ocular HSVHomayon Ghiasi; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Surfactant-Protein Innate Immunity in an Asthma ModelAngela Haczku; Fiscal Year: 2008..The potential opportunity to interfere with allergic sensitization by SP-D treatment bears high clinical significance. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Exploring TSLP as a Key Initiator and Novel Therapeutic Target for AsthmaBaohua Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our goal is to elucidate the roles of thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TSLP) in the pathogenesis of asthma and explore TSLP as a novel therapeutic target to prevent and/or control the disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Therapeutic Strategies for Environmental Lung DiseasesJames Bonner; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Inflammation in Asthma by Fas LigandAngela Haczku; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, in order to help support the hypothesis that pro-apoptotic FasL activity characterized in human airway cells is truly physiologic, we will perform challenge studies in mice under FasL neutralizing conditions. ..
- Ocular HSV: Role of virus and IL-2 in Optic neuritisHomayon Ghiasi; Fiscal Year: 2010..3. Determine if a recombinant HSV-1 expressing IL-4 (HSV-IL-4) can protect against HSV-IL-2-induced demyelination, while a similarly made recombinant virus expressing IFN-gamma is not beneficial. ..
- IMMUNE PROMOTION OF REMYELINATIONMoses Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our findings are expected to provide new insights into the enhancement of remyelination in diseases such as multiple sclerosis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- T cell Function in Murine Model of Multiple SclerosisMoses Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings are expected to provide new insights into the pathogenesis of axonal and neuronal injury in demyelinating disorders such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Th2 responses in the cutaneous environmentChristina A Herrick; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..