Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sstr2
Description: somatostatin receptor 2
Alias: SRIF-1, SS2R, SSTR-2, Smstr-2, Smstr2, sst2, somatostatin receptor type 2
- Distinct patterns of expression and physiological effects of sst1 and sst2 receptor subtypes in mouse hypothalamic neurons and astrocytes in cultureC Viollet
U 159 INSERM, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
J Neurochem 68:2273-80. 1997..radioreceptor assays using [125I-Tyr0,D-Trp8]SRIF-14 as a ligand in ionic conditions discriminating between SRIF-1 (sst2, -3, and -5 receptors) and SRIF-2 (sst1 and -4 receptors) binding sites...
- Altered morphology of rod bipolar cell axonal terminals in the retinas of mice carrying genetic deletion of somatostatin subtype receptor 1 or 2Giovanni Casini
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Universita della Tuscia, 01100 Viterbo, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 19:43-54. 2004..of mouse retinal neurons following genetic deletion of SRIF subtype receptor 1 [sst1 knockout (KO)] or 2 (sst2 KO)...
- Cortistatin radioligand binding in wild-type and somatostatin receptor-deficient mouse brainAvron D Spier
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Regul Pept 124:179-86. 2005..We conclude that the somatostatin receptor subtype-2 is responsible for somatostatin binding in cortical and amygdaloid regions and that cortistatin predominantly interacts with the same receptors as somatostatin...
- Dynamics of somatostatin type 2A receptor cargoes in living hippocampal neuronsBenjamin Lelouvier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 676, 75019 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:4336-49. 2008....
- Modulation of the neuronal response to ischaemia by somatostatin analogues in wild-type and knock-out mouse retinasDavide Cervia
Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Tuscia, Largo dell Università snc, Viterbo
J Neurochem 106:2224-35. 2008..These results demonstrate that sst(2) activation protects against retinal ischaemia. However, in the presence of sst(2) over-expression sst(2) is functionally desensitised by agonists, possibly because of sustained RGS1 levels...
- Changes in neuronal response to ischemia in retinas with genetic alterations of somatostatin receptor expressionElisabetta Catalani
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Universita della Tuscia, Largo dell Università snc, Blocco D, 01100 Viterbo, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 25:1447-59. 2007....
- Antiangiogenic role of somatostatin receptor 2 in a model of hypoxia-induced neovascularization in the retina: results from transgenic miceMassimo Dal Monte
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Pisa, Via San Zeno, Pisa, Italy
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3480-9. 2007..To determine whether the somatostatin receptor 2 (sst(2)) influences angiogenesis and its associated factors in a model of hypoxia-induced retinal neovascularization...
- Somatostatin contributes to in vivo gamma oscillation modulation and odor discrimination in the olfactory bulbGabriel Lepousez
INSERM, Unité Mixte de Recherche 894, Centre de Psychiatrie et Neuroscience, F 75014 Paris, France
J Neurosci 30:870-5. 2010..Immunohistochemical experiments revealed that the sst2 receptor, the major somatostatin receptor subtype in the telencephalon, is expressed by mitral cells, the MOB ..
- Somatostatin sst2 receptor knock-out mice: localisation of sst1-5 receptor mRNA and binding in mouse brain by semi-quantitative RT-PCR, in situ hybridisation histochemistry and receptor autoradiographyJ P Hannon
Nervous System Research, Novartis Pharma AG, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Neuropharmacology 42:396-413. 2002..Finally, since the relative distribution of these two ligands were not entirely superimposable, it suggests that their respective selectivity profiles towards the different SRIF receptor subtypes in situ are not identical...
- The somatostatinergic system in the mammalian cochleaVesna Radojevic
Department of Biomedicine University Hospital Basel and the Clinic for Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
BMC Neurosci 12:89. 2011..this study, we have analyzed the cochlear expression of somatostatin receptor 1 (SST1) and somatostatin receptor 2 (SST2) at both the mRNA and the protein level in wild-type mice, as well as in SST1 and SST2 knock-out (KO) mice and in ..
- Somatostatin receptor types 1 and 2 in the developing mammalian cochleaDaniel Bodmer
Department of Biomedicine and Clinic for Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Dev Neurosci 34:342-53. 2012..the developing mouse cochlea, cells immunoreactive to somatostatin receptor 1 (SSTR1) and somatostatin receptor 2 (SSTR2) were located in the embryonic cochlear duct on Kolliker's organ as early as embryonic day (E) 14 (E14)...
- Somatostatin receptor subtype 2 knockout mice are refractory to growth hormone-negative feedback on arcuate neuronsH Zheng
Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Mol Endocrinol 11:1709-17. 1997..Thus, GH-mediated negative feedback involves signaling between periventricular and arcuate neurons with the signal being transduced specifically through somatostatin subtype 2 receptors...
- Loss of Somatostatin Receptor Subtype 2 Promotes Growth of KRAS-Induced Pancreatic Tumors in Mice by Activating PI3K Signaling and Overexpression of CXCL16Mounira Chalabi-Dchar
INSERM UMR 1037, Toulouse University, Cancer Research Center of Toulouse, Equipe Labellisee Ligue Contre le Cancer and Laboratoire d Excellence Toulouse Cancer, Toulouse, France
Gastroenterology 148:1452-65. 2015..The somatostatin receptor subtype 2 (sst2) inhibits PI3K, but sst2 expression is lost during the development of human PDAC...
- Functional correlates of somatostatin receptor 2 overexpression in the retina of mice with genetic deletion of somatostatin receptor 1Albertino Bigiani
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche, Sezione di Fisiologia, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia via Campi 287, 41100 Modena, Italy
Brain Res 1025:177-85. 2004..The level of expression of sst(2) receptors may therefore represent a key step in the regulation of sst(2) receptor-mediated responses, at least in the retina...
- Correlation of immunohistopathological expression of somatostatin receptor-2 in breast cancer and tumor detection with 68Ga-DOTATOC and 18F-FDG PET imaging in an animal modelElisabeth Chereau
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232 Boulevard de Sainte Marguerite 13009 Marseille, France
Anticancer Res 33:3015-9. 2013..The aim of this study was to validate an animal model expressing SSTR2 and to correlate the immunohistochemical (IHC) analysis with (18)F-FDG and (68)Ga-DOTATOC uptake in vivo.
- Agonist-biased trafficking of somatostatin receptor 2A in enteric neuronsPeishen Zhao
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Biol Chem 288:25689-700. 2013..Therapeutic SST analogs are ECE-1-resistant and retain SSTR2A in endosomes, which may explain their long-lasting actions. ..
- Hepatic somatostatin receptor 2 expression during premalignant stages of hepatocellular carcinomaN M Abdel-Hamid
Biochemistry Department, College of Pharmacy, Kafrelsheikh University, Kafrelsheikh, Egypt
Tumour Biol 35:2497-502. 2014..inhibits the secretion of many growth factors engaged to tumors through a group of receptors, including somatostatin receptor type 2 (SSTR2). Caspase-3 is a transcription factor which is elevated in liver cancers...
- Somatostatin and its receptors: functional regulation in the development of mice Sertoli cellsHasan Riaz
Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, Education Ministry of China, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei 430070, People s Republic of China
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 138:257-66. 2013..Age-related real-time PCR of all somatostatin receptors identified abundance of SSTR2 and SSTR5 mRNA level during Sertoli cell developmental period...
- Treatment of liver cancer in mice by the intratumoral injection of an octreotide-based temperature‑sensitive gelLili Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Dalian Medical University, Dalian, Liaoning 116011, P R China
Int J Mol Med 33:117-27. 2014..Although ethanol is more effective in certain aspects, its tumor inhibitory effects are similar to OCT‑P407 and as such, OCT‑P407 may be a suitable alternative...
- Cortistatin-14 mediates its anticonvulsant effects via sst2 and sst3 but not ghrelin receptorsNajat Aourz
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Drug Analysis and Drug Information, Research Group Experimental Pharmacology, Center for Neurosciences C4N, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
CNS Neurosci Ther 20:662-70. 2014..anticonvulsive effects of CST-14 in a pilocarpine-induced seizure model in rats and mice and for the involvement of sst2 and sst3 receptors in these anticonvulsant actions of CST-14...
- Somatostatin and insulin mediate glucose-inhibited glucagon secretion in the pancreatic α-cell by lowering cAMPAmicia D Elliott
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 308:E130-43. 2015..by the combination of somatostatin, which inhibits adenylyl cyclase production of cAMP via the Gαi subunit of the SSTR2, and insulin, which acts via its receptor to activate phosphodiesterase 3B and degrade cytosolic cAMP...
- Somatostatin receptor type 2 contributes to the self-renewal of murine embryonic stem cellsXin Xiu Xu
1 CAS Key Laboratory of Receptor Research, The National Center for Drug Screening, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China 2 Shanghai Key Laboratory of Signaling and Disease Research, Laboratory of Receptor based Bio medicine, School of Life Sciences and Technology, Tongji University, Shanghai 200092, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 35:1023-30. 2014..The roles of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) in stem cell biology remain unclear. In this study, we aimed to identify GPCRs that might contribute to the self-renewal of mouse embryonic stem cells (mESCs)...
- Immunohistochemical distribution of somatostatin and somatostatin receptor subtypes (SSTR1-5) in hypothalamus of ApoD knockout mice brainUjendra Kumar
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Mol Neurosci 48:684-95. 2012..SSTR1-like immunoreactivity increases in hypothalamus except in paraventricular nucleus of ApoD(-/-) mice. SSTR2 was well expressed in most of the hypothalamic regions whereas it decreases significantly in ventromedial and ..
- Protective role of somatostatin receptor 2 against retinal degeneration in response to hypoxiaMassimo Dal Monte
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Pisa, Via San Zeno, 31, Pisa, Italy
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 385:481-94. 2012..These results show that sst(2) may protect retinal cells from hypoxia, thus implementing the background to establish potential pharmacological targets based on sst(2) pharmacology...
- Mechanisms underlying somatostatin receptor 2 down-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor expression in response to hypoxia in mouse retinal explantsSara Mei
Department of Biology, University of Pisa, 56127 Pisa, Italy
J Pathol 226:519-33. 2012..These results may have implications in designing therapies targeting STAT3 and/or HIF-1 aimed at preventing retinal neovascularization...
- Somatostatin receptor subtype 4 couples to the M-current to regulate seizuresCuie Qiu
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19348, USA
J Neurosci 28:3567-76. 2008..SST(4) receptors could therefore be an important novel target for developing new antiepileptic and antiepileptogenic drugs...
- Coexpression of somatostatin receptor subtype 5 affects internalization and trafficking of somatostatin receptor subtype 2Nadder Sharif
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B6
Endocrinology 148:2095-105. 2007..These findings indicate that the presence of sst(5) in the same cells modulates trafficking and cell surface regulation of sst(2A) and cellular desensitization to the effects of SRIF...
- Distribution and expression levels of somatostatin and somatostatin receptors in the ileum of normal and acutely Schistosoma mansoni-infected SSTR2 knockout/lacZ knockin miceJ Van Op den Bosch
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Histology, Department of Veterinary Sciences, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Neurogastroenterol Motil 20:798-807. 2008..Surprisingly, no significant changes were observed in the SSTR2 expression during intestinal inflammation...
- Null mutant mouse models of somatostatin and cortistatin, and their receptorsT Zeyda
John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 286:18-25. 2008..We will review here the mouse models generated, the studies undertaken with them, and what has been learned so far...
- Control of gastric acid secretion in somatostatin receptor 2 deficient mice: shift from endocrine/paracrine to neurocrine pathwaysChun Mei Zhao
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NO 7006, Trondheim, Norway
Endocrinology 149:498-505. 2008..Somatostatin, acting on somatostatin receptor type 2 (SSTR(2)), interferes with this axis by suppressing the activity of the gastrin cells, ECL cells, and ..
- Somatostatin receptor subtype-2-deficient mice with diet-induced obesity have hyperglycemia, nonfasting hyperglucagonemia, and decreased hepatic glycogen depositionVandana Singh
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Interdisziplinares Stoffwechsel Centrum Endokrinologie, Diabetes und Stoffwechsel, Charite Universitatsmedizin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Endocrinology 148:3887-99. 2007..SST) inhibits murine glucagon secretion from isolated pancreatic islets via somatostatin receptor subtype-2 (sst2). Here, we characterize the role of sst2 in controlling glucose homeostasis in mice with diet-induced obesity...
- Diabetic modifier QTLs identified in F2 intercrosses between Akita and A/J miceShigeru Takeshita
Department of Diabetes, Pharmacology Research Laboratories, Astellas Pharma Inc, Ibaraki, Japan
Mamm Genome 17:927-40. 2006..Identification of the genes responsible for these QTLs would provide new drug development targets for human T2D...
- Alterations in the brain-gut axis underlying visceral chemosensitivity in Nippostrongylus brasiliensis-infected miceJeroen Aerssens
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Beerse, Belgium
Gastroenterology 132:1375-87. 2007..Both stress and inflammation are implicated in visceral hypersensitivity, but the underlying molecular mechanisms of visceral hypersensitivity are unknown...
- Spontaneous hypersensitivity in mesenteric afferent nerves of mice deficient in the sst2 subtype of somatostatin receptorWeifang Rong
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
J Physiol 581:779-86. 2007..Previous evidence suggested that the sst2 receptor mediates an inhibitory role of somatostatin on GI afferent nerve sensitivity...
- Nonpeptide somatostatin receptor agonists specifically target ocular neovascularization via the somatostatin type 2 receptorStela S Palii
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0267, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:5094-102. 2008....
- Sexually dimorphic distribution of sst2A receptors on growth hormone-releasing hormone neurones in mice: modulation by gonadal steroidsK Bouyer
UMR 894 INSERM, Centre de Psychiatrie et de Neurosciences, 2ter rue d Alesia, Paris, France
J Neuroendocrinol 20:1278-87. 2008..In the ventromedial-arcuate region, GHRH and sst2-R, as well as GHRH and somatostatin expression as measured by the real-time polymerase chain reaction, were ..
- Effects of somatostatin analogues on retinal angiogenesis in a mouse model of oxygen-induced retinopathy: involvement of the somatostatin receptor subtype 2Massimo Dal Monte
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:3596-606. 2009....
- Cooperation between hippocampal somatostatin receptor subtypes 4 and 2: functional relevance in interactive memory systemsFrançois Gastambide
Centre de Neurosciences Intégratives et Cognitives, Universite de Bordeaux, Talence, France
Hippocampus 20:745-57. 2010..Possible neural mechanisms and functional significances for interaction between memory systems in relationship with stress-induced changes in hippocampal functions are discussed...
- Kit ligand and the somatostatin receptor antagonist, BIM-23627, stimulate in vitro resting follicle growth in the neonatal mouse ovaryAlain Gougeon
INSERM U865, Faculte de Medecine Laennec, 7 rue Guillaume Paradin, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Endocrinology 151:1299-309. 2010..In conclusion, extraovarian SST, acting through its receptors 2 and 5 present on granulosa cells, may be involved in mouse folliculogenesis by reducing recruitment of resting follicles...
- In vivo molecular imaging of somatostatin receptors in pancreatic islet cells and neuroendocrine tumors by miniaturized confocal laser-scanning fluorescence microscopyC Fottner
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, I Medical Clinic, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Endocrinology 151:2179-88. 2010..was synthesized via Fmoc solid-phase peptide synthesis and purified by HPLC showing high-affinity binding to the sstr2 (IC(50) 6.2 nmol)...
- Somatostatin signaling in neuronal cilia is critical for object recognition memoryEmily B Einstein
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
J Neurosci 30:4306-14. 2010..Neuronal cilia therefore represent a novel nonsynaptic compartment crucial for signaling involved in a specific form of synaptic plasticity and in novelty detection...
- SSTR2-based reporters for assessing gene transfer into non-small cell lung cancer: evaluation using an intrathoracic mouse modelS P Singh
Department of Experimental Diagnostic Imaging, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Gene Ther 22:55-64. 2011..Human somatostatin receptor subtype-2 (SSTR2)-based reporters can be used to follow gene expression in vivo using ligands with greater affinity for this ..
- Overexpression and functional relevance of somatostatin receptor-1, -2, and -5 in endometrium and endometriotic lesionsAlessandro Fasciani
Ospedali Galliera, Genova, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:5315-9. 2010..Five subtypes of somatostatin receptors have been identified, and the therapeutic use of somatostatin receptor-selective agonists has been reported in several diseases...
- Developmental origin of preBötzinger complex respiratory neuronsPaul A Gray
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 30:14883-95. 2010..These data indicate that Dbx1-derived neurons are essential for the expression and, we hypothesize, are responsible for the generation of respiratory behavior both in vitro and in vivo...
- Alternative promoter usage and tissue specific expression of the mouse somatostatin receptor 2 geneJ Kraus
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Universität Magdeburg, Germany
FEBS Lett 428:165-70. 1998..Furthermore, it contains putative DNA elements for regulation by glucocorticoids, estradiol and cAMP. A third promoter, located in exon 3, is additionally used in lung, kidney and spleen...
- Spatial learning and synaptic hippocampal plasticity in type 2 somatostatin receptor knock-out miceP Dutar
Neurobiologie de la Croissance et de la Sénescence, INSERM U 549, Centre Paul Broca, 2 ter rue d Alesia, F 75014 Paris, France
Neuroscience 112:455-66. 2002..These effects are elicited through the activation of at least five receptor subtypes. Among them, sst2 receptors appear the most widely expressed in the cortex and hippocampal region...
- Somatostatin sst(2) receptors inhibit peristalsis in the rat and mouse jejunumFaiza Abdu
Department of Biomedical Science, Alfred Denny Building, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G624-33. 2002..sst(2) Receptors mediate inhibition of peristalsis in both rat and mouse jejunum, but a non-sst(2) component also exists in the mouse. Nitrergic mechanisms are differentially involved in rat and mouse jejunum...
- Thyroid hormone-responsive pituitary hyperplasia independent of somatostatin receptor 2M L Brinkmeier
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0638, USA
Mol Endocrinol 15:2129-36. 2001..To test the involvement of SMST receptor 2 (SMSTR2) in pituitary tumor progression and thyroid hormone responsiveness in alphaGsu(-/-) mutants, we generated Smstr2(-/..
- Transcriptional activation of mouse sst2 somatostatin receptor promoter by transforming growth factor-beta. Involvement of Smad4E Puente
INSERM U 531, Institut Louis Bugnard, 31403, Toulouse, France
J Biol Chem 276:13461-8. 2001The sst2 somatostatin receptor is an inhibitory G protein-coupled receptor, which exhibits anti-tumor properties. Expression of sst2 is lost in most human pancreatic cancers...
- Involvement of sst2 somatostatin receptor in locomotor, exploratory activity and emotional reactivity in miceC Viollet
U 159 INSERM, Paris, 75014 France
Eur J Neurosci 12:3761-70. 2000..In the present study, we attempted to identify functions of the sst2 receptor using mice with no functional copy of this gene (sst2 KO mice)...
- Molecular cloning and expression of a type-two somatostatin receptor in goldfish brain and pituitaryX Lin
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Alta, T6G 2E9, Edmonton, Canada
Mol Cell Endocrinol 166:75-87. 2000..The decrease in pituitary sst(2) mRNA levels following estradiol implantation suggests the presence of a negative feedback mechanism on sst(2) gene expression...
- Somatostatin inhibits insulin and glucagon secretion via two receptors subtypes: an in vitro study of pancreatic islets from somatostatin receptor 2 knockout miceM Z Strowski
Department of Endocrinology and Chemical Biology, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Endocrinology 141:111-7. 2000..Five distinct membrane receptors (SSTR1-5) for SST are known, and at least two (SSTR2 and SSTR5) have been proposed to regulate pancreatic endocrine function...
- Activation of somatostatin receptor II expression by transcription factors MIBP1 and SEF-2 in the murine brainU Dörflinger
Institut für Experimentelle Krebsforschung, Klinik für Tumorbiologie an der Universität Freiburg, D 79106 Freiburg, Klinikum der RWTH Aachen, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 19:3736-47. 1999..In summary, our data for the first time define a regulatory role for the transcription factor MIBP1 in mediating spatially and temporally regulated SSTR-2 expression in the brain...
- Identification of a functional 3',5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate response element within the second promoter of the mouse somatostatin receptor type 2 geneM Wöltje
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Universität Magdeburg, Germany
FEBS Lett 440:107-10. 1998Important physiological actions of somatostatin are mediated by the somatostatin receptor type 2. Its transcription is regulated by three tissue specific, alternative promoters...
- Somatostatin is expressed in the murine thymus and enhances thymocyte developmentKaterina Solomou
Department of Immunology, Division of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, GB
Eur J Immunol 32:1550-9. 2002..It is believed that SOM along with one of its receptors, SSTR2, is expressed in the murine thymus, although their exact localization is unresolved...
- High basal gastric acid secretion in somatostatin receptor subtype 2 knockout miceV Martinez
CURE Digestive Diseases Research Center, Veterans Administration Medical Center West Los Angeles, USA
Gastroenterology 114:1125-32. 1998Somatostatin receptor subtype 2 (sst2) agonists inhibit gastric secretion. The role of sst2 in the regulation of acid secretion was assessed using sst2 knockout mice and urethane to induce somatostatin release.
- Induction of a negative autocrine loop by expression of sst2 somatostatin receptor in NIH 3T3 cellsI Rauly
INSERM U151, Institut Louis Bugnard, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Clin Invest 97:1874-83. 1996The somatostatin receptor subtype sst2 mediates both activation of a tyrosine phosphatase activity and inhibition of cell proliferation induced by somatostatin analogues...
- Molecular cloning and sequencing of porcine somatostatin receptor 2K Matsumoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 199:298-305. 1994..5%, similarity 99.2%) in amino acid sequence from human somatostatin receptor 2. The data indicate that the amino acid sequence is highly conserved in pig, human, rat and mouse somatostatin receptor 2...
- The two isoforms of the mouse somatostatin receptor (mSSTR2A and mSSTR2B) differ in coupling efficiency to adenylate cyclase and in agonist-induced receptor desensitizationM Vanetti
Department of Physiology, Universitat Munchen, Germany
FEBS Lett 331:260-6. 1993..These findings indicate that alternative splicing may be a physiological mechanism to modulate receptor desensitization and G-protein coupling of mSSTR2...
- 6agonist selectivity determinants in somatostatin receptor subtypes I and IIV D Fitzpatrick
Department of Protein Chemistry, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
J Biol Chem 269:24621-6. 1994..We find that the regions about the second and third extracellular loops of these two receptors contain the determinants for MK-678 selectivity and affinity...
- T lymphocytes isolated from the hepatic granulomas of schistosome-infected mice express somatostatin receptor subtype II (SSTR2) messenger RNAD E Elliott
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242
J Immunol 153:1180-6. 1994..Amplification of mRNA by reverse transcription PCR shows SSTR1, SSTR2, and SSTR3 mRNA in normal mouse brain and other tissues...
- mRNA distribution of two isoforms of somatostatin receptor 2 (mSSTR2A and mSSTR2B) in mouse brainM Vanetti
Department of Physiology, University of Munich, FRG
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 27:45-50. 1994..In addition, in situ hybridization indicated that mSSTR2A is predominantly expressed in mouse brain, and mSSTR2B is never expressed independently from mSSTR2A...
- Cloning and expression of a novel mouse somatostatin receptor (SSTR2B)M Vanetti
Department of Physiology, University of Munich, Germany
FEBS Lett 311:290-4. 1992..The sequence is almost identical to that of the mouse SSTR2 receptor [(1992) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci...
- Somatostatin receptor type 5 modulates somatostatin receptor type 2 regulation of adrenocorticotropin secretionAnat Ben-Shlomo
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Research Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Biol Chem 280:24011-21. 2005..To assess the contribution of somatostatin receptor subtype 5 (SST5) to somatostatin receptor subtype 2 (SST2) action in these cells, we assessed multipathway responses to novel highly monoreceptor-selective peptide agonists ..
- Transcriptional regulation of myotube fate specification and intrafusal muscle fiber morphogenesisY vonne Albert
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Cell Biol 169:257-68. 2005..Hence, Egr3 is a target gene that is regulated by sensory innervation and that mediates gene expression involved in myotube fate specification and intrafusal muscle fiber morphogenesis...
- Somatostatin receptor 2 is activated in cortical neurons and contributes to neurodegeneration after focal ischemiaRalf K Stumm
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurosci 24:11404-15. 2004Somatostatin receptor 2 (SSTR2) mediates neuromodulatory signals of somatostatin and cortistatin in the cerebral cortex...
- Somatostatin receptors differentially affect spontaneous epileptiform activity in mouse hippocampal slicesMaurizio Cammalleri
Dipartimento di Fisiologia e Biochimica G Moruzzi, Universita di Pisa, 56127 Pisa, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 20:2711-21. 2004..We have focused on the role of sst1 and sst2 in mediating SRIF modulation of epilepsy using hippocampal slices of wild-type (WT) and sst1 or sst2 knockout (KO) ..
- Expression of somatostatin receptors 1 and 2 in the adult mouse kidneyCarlton M Bates
Center for Human and Molecular Genetics, Children s Research Institute, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Regul Pept 119:11-20. 2004..G-protein-coupled somatostatin receptors (SSTRs), SSTR1 is expressed in human kidney collecting ducts and SSTR2 is expressed in rat and human collecting ducts and glomeruli...
- Cloning and functional characterization of a family of human and mouse somatostatin receptors expressed in brain, gastrointestinal tract, and kidneyY Yamada
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chicago, IL 60637
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:251-5. 1992..SSTR1 and SSTR2 contain 391 and 369 amino acids, respectively, and are members of the superfamily of receptors having seven ..
- Characterisation of [125I]-Tyr0DTrp8-somatostatin binding in sst1- to sst4- and SRIF-gene-invalidated mouse brainCatherine Videau
U 549 INSERM IFR Broca Sainte Anne, 2 ter rue d Alesia, 75014 Paris, France
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 367:562-71. 2003..For sst2 KO mice, a general decrease (>75%) was observed in most regions, with the noticeable exception of the olfactory ..
- Somatostatin binds to murine macrophages through two distinct subsets of receptorsJoelle Perez
INSERM U489, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
J Neuroimmunol 138:38-44. 2003..Evidence for the involvement of SSTR1 and SSTR2 in the binding of SRIF to the high and low affinity sites, respectively, was obtained by the demonstration that (1)..
- Somatostatin stimulates ductal bile absorption and inhibits ductal bile secretion in mice via SSTR2 on cholangiocytesAi Yu Gong
Center for Basic Research in Digestive Diseases, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 284:C1205-14. 2003..receptor (SSTR) subtype 2 knockout mice, we tested the effects of somatostatin, secretin, and a selective SSTR2 agonist (L-779976) on fluid movement across the bile duct epithelial cell layer...
- AMPA-sst2 somatostatin receptor interaction in rat hypothalamus requires activation of NMDA and/or metabotropic glutamate receptors and depends on intracellular calciumStephane Peineau
INSERM U549, IFR Broca Sainte Anne, 2ter rue d Alesia, 75014 Paris, France
J Physiol 546:101-17. 2003..Activation of the hypothalamic somatostatin sst2 receptor subtype by octreotide decreases AMPA glutamate responses, indicating a central link between a ..
- Identification of cells expressing somatostatin receptor 2 in the gastrointestinal tract of Sstr2 knockout/lacZ knockin miceJeremy P Allen
Department of Neurobiology, The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge, CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
J Comp Neurol 454:329-40. 2002..lacZ "knockin" mice, in which the reporter gene lacZ was engineered into the genomic locus of Sstr2 by gene targeting, were used to examine the expression pattern of Sstr2 and identify potential targets for ..
- Adrenergic differentiation and SSR2a receptor expression in CAD-cells cultured in serum-free mediumSayed Hossein Hashemi
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Goteborg, Box 420, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Neurochem Int 42:9-17. 2003..After serum deprivation, all three methods showed that SSR(2(a)) was up-regulated in the cells. Thus, the CAD cell line after differentiation may be suitable for studying dynamics of SSR(2(a))...
- Somatostatin receptor subtypes 2 and 4 affect seizure susceptibility and hippocampal excitatory neurotransmission in miceD Moneta
Department of Neuroscience, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, 20157 Milano, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 16:843-9. 2002We have investigated the role of somatostatin receptor subtypes sst2 and sst4 in limbic seizures and glutamate-mediated neurotransmission in mouse hippocampus...
- Brain somatostatin receptors are up-regulated in somatostatin-deficient miceJose L Ramirez
Fraser Laboratories, Department of Medicine, McGill University and Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 1A1
Mol Endocrinol 16:1951-63. 2002..SST-like immunoreactivity, however, was induced in the proximal midgut in SSTKO animals, suggesting intestinal expression of a novel SST-like gene...
- Somatostatin receptor 2 knockout/lacZ knockin mice show impaired motor coordination and reveal sites of somatostatin action within the striatumJeremy P Allen
Department of Neurobiology, The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge, CB2 AT, UK
Eur J Neurosci 17:1881-95. 2003..acts as a neuromodulator via a family of five 7-transmembrane G protein-coupled receptors, SSTR1-5, one of which, SSTR2, is known to be functional in the striatum...
- Heterooligomerization of human dopamine receptor 2 and somatostatin receptor 2 Co-immunoprecipitation and fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysisAlessandra Baragli
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Cell Signal 19:2304-16. 2007..In contrast, cultured striatal neurons display constitutive heterodimerization between D2R and SSTR2, which were agonist-independent...
- Localization of somatostatin receptor genes on mouse chromosomes 2, 11, 12, 15, and 17: correlation with growth QTLsM L Brinkmeier
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Genomics 43:9-14. 1997..Cheverud et a1., 1996, Genetics 142: 1305-1319). Several Smstr genes map within these regions, suggesting that they be considered candidate genes for these quantitative trait loci...
- Alteration of the somatostatinergic system in the striatum of rats with acute experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisD Aguado-Llera
Grupo de Neurobioquímica, Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Ctra Madrid Barcelona km 33 6, Universidad de Alcala, E 28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Neuroscience 148:238-49. 2007..A selective reduction in the protein levels of the SRIF receptor subtype sst2, analyzed by Western blotting, was detected in the EAE rats, which correlated with decreased sst2 mRNA levels...
- Selective regulation of somatostatin receptor subtype signaling: evidence for constitutive receptor activationAnat Ben-Shlomo
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Research Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:2565-78. 2007..We therefore differentially silenced endogenous SST2, SST3, and SST5 in somatostatin-sensitive ACTH-secreting mouse AtT-20 pituitary corticotroph cells using small ..
- INSULIN RECEPTOR RELATED AND THE KIDNEYCarlton Bates; Fiscal Year: 2002..After being subjected to systemic alkalosis, IRR-null mouse kidneys will be examined to determine if the intercalated cells have appropriately altered their morphology and intracellular distribution of proton transporters. ..