Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Srebf1
Description: sterol regulatory element binding transcription factor 1
Alias: ADD1, SREBP-1a, SREBP1, SREBP1c, bHLHd1, sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1, adipocyte determination- and differentiation-dependent factor 1
Publications126 found, 100 shown here
- Mapping of the gene for calreticulin (Calr) to mouse chromosome 8K Rooke
Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles 90095, USA
Mamm Genome 8:870-1. 1997
- A crucial role of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 in the regulation of lipogenic gene expression by polyunsaturated fatty acidsN Yahagi
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:35840-4. 1999....
- Endotoxin regulates the maturation of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1 through the induction of cytokinesL Diomede
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Mario Negri Institute of Pharmacological Research, Via Eritrea 62, 20157 Milan, Italy
Eur Cytokine Netw 12:625-30. 2001....
- Decreased IRS-2 and increased SREBP-1c lead to mixed insulin resistance and sensitivity in livers of lipodystrophic and ob/ob miceI Shimomura
Department of Molecular Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
Mol Cell 6:77-86. 2000..The combination of insulin resistance (inappropriate gluconeogenesis) and insulin sensitivity (elevated lipogenesis) establishes a vicious cycle that aggravates hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance in lipodystrophic and ob/ob mice...
- Insig-2, a second endoplasmic reticulum protein that binds SCAP and blocks export of sterol regulatory element-binding proteinsDaisuke Yabe
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9046, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12753-8. 2002..The combined actions of insig-1 and -2 permit feedback regulation of cholesterol synthesis over a wide range of sterol concentrations...
- Nuclear factor-eythroid 2-related factor 2 prevents alcohol-induced fulminant liver injuryJutta Lamlé
Department of Hepatology, Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, Hannover, Germany
Gastroenterology 134:1159-68. 2008..Increased oxidative stress has been implicated in the pathophysiology of many diseases including ethanol-induced liver disease. Therefore, the role of Nrf2(-/-) in ethanol-induced liver injury was investigated...
- Overproduction of cholesterol and fatty acids causes massive liver enlargement in transgenic mice expressing truncated SREBP-1aH Shimano
Department of Molecular Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
J Clin Invest 98:1575-84. 1996..The amount of white adipose tissue decreased progressively as the liver enlarged. These studies indicate that the NH2-terminal domain of SREBP-1a can produce major effects on lipid synthesis and storage in the liver...
- Differential expression of exons 1a and 1c in mRNAs for sterol regulatory element binding protein-1 in human and mouse organs and cultured cellsI Shimomura
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
J Clin Invest 99:838-45. 1997..2-fold), and the 1c transcript remained virtually undetectable. We conclude that the SREBP-1a and 1c transcripts are controlled independently by regulatory regions that respond differentially to organ-specific and metabolic factors...
- Elevated levels of SREBP-2 and cholesterol synthesis in livers of mice homozygous for a targeted disruption of the SREBP-1 geneH Shimano
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Clin Invest 100:2115-24. 1997....
- ADD-1 provides major new insight into the mechanism of insulin actionJ S Flier
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14191-2. 1999
- Regulation of mouse sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c gene (SREBP-1c) by oxysterol receptors, LXRalpha and LXRbetaJ J Repa
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Genes Dev 14:2819-30. 2000..Because this active form of SREBP-1c controls the transcription of genes involved in fatty acid biosynthesis, our results reveal a unique regulatory interplay between cholesterol and fatty acid metabolism...
- Diminished hepatic response to fasting/refeeding and liver X receptor agonists in mice with selective deficiency of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1cGuosheng Liang
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 277:9520-8. 2002..Moreover, these mRNAs, as well as multiple other lipogenic mRNAs, showed a markedly blunted response to the LXR agonist T090137, indicating an essential role of SREBP-1c in the LXR response...
- Absence of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 (SREBP-1) ameliorates fatty livers but not obesity or insulin resistance in Lep(ob)/Lep(ob) miceNaoya Yahagi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:19353-7. 2002..In conclusion, SREBP-1 regulation of lipogenesis is highly involved in the development of fatty livers but does not seem to be a determinant of obesity in Lep(ob)/Lep(ob) mice...
- Combined analysis of oligonucleotide microarray data from transgenic and knockout mice identifies direct SREBP target genesJay D Horton
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9046, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12027-32. 2003....
- SREBP-1 interacts with hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 alpha and interferes with PGC-1 recruitment to suppress hepatic gluconeogenic genesTakashi Yamamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:12027-35. 2004..Our data indicate that SREBP-1 has a novel role as negative regulator of gluconeogenic genes through a cross-talk with HNF-4alpha interference with PGC-1 recruitment...
- Insulin-independent induction of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c expression in the livers of streptozotocin-treated miceTakashi Matsuzaka
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Diabetes 53:560-9. 2004..These data clearly demonstrate that nutritional regulation of SREBP-1c and lipogenic genes may be completely independent of insulin as long as sufficient carbohydrates are available...
- Adipocyte determination- and differentiation-dependent factor 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c regulates mouse adiponectin expressionJong Bae Seo
School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea 151 742
J Biol Chem 279:22108-17. 2004..determination- and differentiation-dependent factor 1 (ADD1)/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c (SREBP1c) transcription factor...
- SREBP transcription factors: master regulators of lipid homeostasisDelphine Eberle
INSERM U465, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 15, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Biochimie 86:839-48. 2004....
- Regulation of SREBP-1 expression and transcriptional action on HKII and FAS genes during fasting and refeeding in rat tissuesYvan Gosmain
Unité Mixte de Recherche Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U449 Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique U1235, Institut, Lyon, France
J Lipid Res 46:697-705. 2005The sterol regulatory element binding protein 1 (SREBP-1) is regarded as a major factor involved in the nutritional regulation of lipogenesis...
- Hyperlipidemic effects of dietary saturated fats mediated through PGC-1beta coactivation of SREBPJiandie Lin
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 120:261-73. 2005..high-fat feeding, which induces hyperlipidemia and atherogenesis, stimulates the expression of both PGC-1beta and SREBP1c and 1a in liver...
- SREBP-1 as a transcriptional integrator of circadian and nutritional cues in the liverMichelle Brewer
Unit on Temporal Gene Expression, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Regulation, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Rhythms 20:195-205. 2005..This study highlights a possible direct link between the immediate effects of food consumption on the level of key membrane and humoral factors and the expression status of a set of coordinately regulated target genes in the liver...
- LXRs regulate the balance between fat storage and oxidationNada Y Kalaany
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Cell Metab 1:231-44. 2005..These studies suggest that, by selectively sensing the cholesterol component of a lipid-rich diet, LXRs govern the balance between storage and oxidation of dietary fat...
- Schoenheimer effect explained--feedback regulation of cholesterol synthesis in mice mediated by Insig proteinsLuke J Engelking
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Clin Invest 115:2489-98. 2005..These studies indicate that the essential elements of the regulatory pathway for lipid synthesis function in liver as they do in cultured cells...
- Protein kinase A suppresses sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1C expression via phosphorylation of liver X receptor in the liverTakashi Yamamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences and Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:11687-95. 2007....
- Mouse Elovl-6 promoter is an SREBP targetShin Kumadaki
Department of Internal Medicine Endocrinology and Metabolism, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuda, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 368:261-6. 2008..EMSA indicated that SRE-1 had higher affinity than SRE-2 for SREBP. ChIP assays confirmed in vivo binding of hepatic nuclear SREBP-1c protein. These data demonstrated that Elovl-6 is regulated directly and primarily by SREBP-1c...
- Adiponectin suppresses hepatic SREBP1c expression in an AdipoR1/LKB1/AMPK dependent pathwayMotoharu Awazawa
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:51-6. 2009..We also show that adiponectin suppresses SREBP1c by AdipoR1, one of the functional receptors for adiponetin, and furthermore that suppressing either AMP-activated ..
- REV-ERBalpha participates in circadian SREBP signaling and bile acid homeostasisGwendal Le Martelot
Department of Molecular Biology and NCCR Frontiers in Genetics, Sciences III, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS Biol 7:e1000181. 2009..In conclusion, our study suggests that rhythmic cholesterol and bile acid metabolism is not just driven by alternating feeding-fasting cycles, but also by REV-ERBalpha, a component of the circadian clockwork circuitry...
- Conserved role of SIRT1 orthologs in fasting-dependent inhibition of the lipid/cholesterol regulator SREBPAmy K Walker
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Genes Dev 24:1403-17. 2010..These findings may have important biomedical implications for the treatment of metabolic disorders associated with aberrant lipid/cholesterol homeostasis, including metabolic syndrome and atherosclerosis...
- Activation of a metabolic gene regulatory network downstream of mTOR complex 1Katrin Düvel
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 39:171-83. 2010..metabolic gene targets of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF1alpha) and sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP1 and SREBP2)...
- Time of day and nutrients in feeding govern daily expression rhythms of the gene for sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP)-1 in the mouse liverEriko Matsumoto
Department of Biochemistry and Genetics, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Inohana 1 8 1, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:33028-36. 2010....
- SIRT1 deacetylates and inhibits SREBP-1C activity in regulation of hepatic lipid metabolismBhaskar Ponugoti
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 285:33959-70. 2010..Reducing acetylation of SREBP-1c by targeting SIRT1 may be useful for treating metabolic disorders, including fatty liver, obesity, and type II diabetes...
- Phosphorylation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP)-1a links growth hormone action to lipid metabolism in hepatocytesJorg Kotzka
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, German Diabetes Center at the Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Leibniz Center for Diabetes Research, Aufm Hennekamp 65, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Atherosclerosis 213:156-65. 2010..In the regulation of lipid content of cells and tissues the SREBPs play a dominant role as transcription factors...
- AMPK phosphorylates and inhibits SREBP activity to attenuate hepatic steatosis and atherosclerosis in diet-induced insulin-resistant miceYu Li
Department of Medicine, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02481, USA
Cell Metab 13:376-88. 2011..AMPK-dependent phosphorylation of SREBP may offer therapeutic strategies to combat insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and atherosclerosis...
- Role of the AMPK/SREBP-1 pathway in the development of orotic acid-induced fatty liverEun Jeong Jung
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University
J Lipid Res 52:1617-25. 2011..In conclusion, OA induces hepatic lipogenesis, mediated predominantly by the AMPK/SREBP-1 pathway in rat hepatocytes and human hepatoma cell lines...
- Inhibition of ubiquitin ligase F-box and WD repeat domain-containing 7α (Fbw7α) causes hepatosteatosis through Krüppel-like factor 5 (KLF5)/peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ2 (PPARγ2) pathway but not SREBP-1c protein in miceShin Kumadaki
Department of Internal Medicine Endocrinology and Metabolism, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:40835-46. 2011..Hepatic Fbw7α contributes to normal fatty acid and triglyceride metabolism, functions that represent novel aspects of this cell growth regulator...
- A conserved SREBP-1/phosphatidylcholine feedback circuit regulates lipogenesis in metazoansAmy K Walker
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Building 149, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Cell 147:840-52. 2011..Thus, nutritional or genetic conditions limiting SAMe or PC production may activate SREBP-1, contributing to human metabolic disorders...
- Preventing phosphorylation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1a by MAP-kinases protects mice from fatty liver and visceral obesityJorg Kotzka
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, German Diabetes Center at the Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Leibniz Center for Diabetes Research, Duesseldorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e32609. 2012..Moreover, preventing phosphorylation of SREBP-1a protects mice also from dyslipidemia. In conclusion, phosphorylation of SREBP-1a by ERK, JNK and p38 MAPK-families resembles a biological principle and plays a significant role, in vivo...
- MicroRNA-33 regulates sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1 expression in miceTakahiro Horie
1 Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan 2 Department of Clinical Innovative Medicine, Institute for Advancement of Clinical and Translational Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan 3
Nat Commun 4:2883. 2013..Using miR-33(-/-)Srebf1(+/-) mice, we demonstrate that SREBP-1 is a target of miR-33 and that the mechanisms leading to obesity and liver ..
- Overexpression of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1a in mouse adipose tissue produces adipocyte hypertrophy, increased fatty acid secretion, and fatty liverJay D Horton
Departments of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 278:36652-60. 2003..These results suggest that nSREBP-1a and nSREBP-1c have distinct roles in adipocyte fat metabolism in vivo...
- Distinct roles of insulin and liver X receptor in the induction and cleavage of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1cBronwyn D Hegarty
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unit 465, Universite Paris 6, 15, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:791-6. 2005..Finally, we show through experiments in suckling mice that this acute action of insulin to stimulate the proteolytic processing of SREBP-1c is functional in vivo...
- Granuphilin is activated by SREBP-1c and involved in impaired insulin secretion in diabetic miceToyonori Kato
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Cell Metab 4:143-54. 2006..Collectively, our data provide evidence that activation of the SREBP-1c/granuphilin pathway is a potential mechanism for impaired insulin secretion in diabetes, contributing to beta cell lipotoxicity...
- Sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 as a key transcription factor for nutritional induction of lipogenic enzyme genesH Shimano
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:35832-9. 1999..These data demonstrate that SREBP-1 plays a crucial role in the induction of lipogenesis but not cholesterol biosynthesis in liver when excess energy by carbohydrates is consumed...
- Hepatic Akt activation induces marked hypoglycemia, hepatomegaly, and hypertriglyceridemia with sterol regulatory element binding protein involvementHiraku Ono
Institute for Adult Diseases, Asahi Life Foundation, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 52:2905-13. 2003..In contrast, myr-Akt-induced hypertriglyceridemia and hepatic triglyceride accumulation are mediated by both Akt-induced SREBP-1 expression and a mechanism involving fatty acid synthesis independent of SREBP-1...
- Sterol-dependent regulation of proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 expression by sterol-regulatory element binding protein-2Hyun Jeong Jeong
Department of Biochemistry, Kwandong University College of Medicine, Kangnung, Kangwon do 210 701, Korea
J Lipid Res 49:399-409. 2008..However, in vivo, it is suggested that the sterol-dependent regulation of PCSK9 is mediated predominantly by SREBP-2...
- Hepatic glucokinase is required for the synergistic action of ChREBP and SREBP-1c on glycolytic and lipogenic gene expressionRenaud Dentin
Departement d Endocrinologie, Institut Cochin, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR8104, Universite Rene Descartes, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 279:20314-26. 2004..Together these results support a model whereby both SREBP-1c and glucose metabolism, acting via ChREBP, are necessary for the dietary induction of glycolytic and lipogenic gene expression in liver...
- A novel pathway to enhance adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells by up-regulation of lipocalin-type prostaglandin D synthase mediated by liver X receptor-activated sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1cKo Fujimori
Department of Molecular Behavioral Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, 6 2 4 Furuedai, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:18458-66. 2007..Liver X receptor-mediated up-regulation of L-PGDS through activation of SREBP-1c is a novel path-way to enhance adipocyte differentiation...
- Antiobesity activity of aqueous extracts of Rhizoma Dioscoreae Tokoronis on high-fat diet-induced obesity in miceMi Young Song
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, Republic of Korea
J Med Food 12:304-9. 2009..These findings suggest that the antiobesity action of RDTE in mice that are fed a high-fat diet may occur in response to suppression of the SREBP-1-dependent lipogenic pathway...
- Differential expression and function of ABCG1 and ABCG4 during development and agingDragana D Bojanic
Department of Biological Chemistry at UCLA Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Lipid Res 51:169-81. 2010..Finally, behavioral tests show that Abcg4(-/-) mice have a general deficit in associative fear memory. Together, these data indicate that loss of ABCG1 and/or ABCG4 from the CNS results in changes in metabolic pathways and in behavior...
- Regulator of G protein signaling (RGS16) inhibits hepatic fatty acid oxidation in a carbohydrate response element-binding protein (ChREBP)-dependent mannerVictor Pashkov
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9041, USA
J Biol Chem 286:15116-25. 2011..Thus, RGS16 provides a signaling mechanism for glucose production to inhibit GPCR-stimulated fatty acid oxidation in hepatocytes...
- Thyroid hormone-responsive SPOT 14 homolog promotes hepatic lipogenesis, and its expression is regulated by liver X receptor α through a sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c-dependent mechanism in miceJing Wu
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Peking University Health Science Center, Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science of the Ministry of Education, Beijing, China
Hepatology 58:617-28. 2013..Moreover, deletion of the SRE site completely abolished SREBP-1c-induced Thrsp transcription...
- Inhibition of microRNA122 decreases SREBP1 expression by modulating suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 expressionChikako Shibata
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 438:230-5. 2013..Because the expression of SREBP1, a central transcription factor involved in lipid metabolism, is known to be increased by suppressor of cytokine ..
- SREBP-1 Mediates Angiotensin II-Induced TGF-β1 Upregulation and Glomerular FibrosisTony N Wang
Division of Nephrology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 26:1839-54. 2015..SREBP-1 and endoplasmic reticulum stress thus provide potential novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of CKD...
- The CREB coactivator CRTC2 controls hepatic lipid metabolism by regulating SREBP1Jinbo Han
MOE Key Laboratory of Bioinformatics, Tsinghua Peking Center for Life Sciences, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Nature 524:243-6. 2015..Sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1 (SREBP1), an important transcriptional regulator of lipogenesis, is synthesized as an inactive precursor that binds to the ..
- Long noncoding RNA MALAT1 promotes hepatic steatosis and insulin resistance by increasing nuclear SREBP-1c protein stabilityCaifeng Yan
Department of Endocrinology, Clinical Medical College of Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, China
Sci Rep 6:22640. 2016..In conclusion, our observations suggest that MALAT1 promotes hepatic steatosis and insulin resistance by increasing nuclear SREBP-1c protein stability. ..
- Disruption of the AMPK-TBC1D1 nexus increases lipogenic gene expression and causes obesity in mice via promoting IGF1 secretionLiang Chen
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study, Model Animal Research Center, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210061, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:7219-24. 2016..These findings also have implications for drug discovery to combat obesity. ..
- KLF15 Enables Rapid Switching between Lipogenesis and Gluconeogenesis during FastingYoshinori Takeuchi
Nutrigenomics Research Group, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Cell Rep 16:2373-86. 2016..factor SREBP-1c are known to be critical for nutritionally regulated lipogenesis, upstream mechanisms governing Srebf1 expression remain unclear...
- A physical map of the mouse shaker-2 region contains many of the genes commonly deleted in Smith-Magenis syndrome (del17p11.2p11.2)F J Probst
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Genomics 55:348-52. 1999..The gene order in this region is not perfectly conserved between mouse and human, a finding to be considered as we engineer a mouse model of Smith-Magenis syndrome...
- Kr-pok increases FASN expression by modulating the DNA binding of SREBP-1c and Sp1 at the proximal promoterBu Nam Jeon
Department of Biochemistry, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Severance Biomedical Research Institute, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 134, Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon ku, Seoul, 120 752, Korea
J Lipid Res 53:755-66. 2012..Kr-pok may act as an important regulator of fatty acid synthesis and may induce rapid cancer cell proliferation by increasing palmitate synthesis...
- Srebf1a is a key regulator of transcriptional control for adipogenesisJorge Tonatiuh Ayala-Sumuano
Department of Biochemistry, Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politcénico Nacional, Mexico City, Federal District, 07360, Mexico
Sci Rep 1:178. 2011..of srebf1a inhibited the adipogenic program because it blocked the expression of genes encoding PPARγ2, C/EBPα, SREBP1c and even FABP4, demonstrating that SREBP1a activation is upstream of these three essential adipogenic ..
- Effects of a catechin-free fraction derived from green tea on gene expression of enzymes related to lipid metabolism in the mouse liverKensuke Yasui
Health Care Research Center, Nisshin Pharma Inc, Fujimino, Saitama 356 8511, Japan
Biomed Res 33:9-13. 2012..These results suggest that in addition to EGCG, green tea contains some component(s) which may help to prevent arteriosclerosis and obesity...
- Aberrant activation of liver X receptors impairs pancreatic beta cell function through upregulation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c in mouse islets and rodent cell linesZ X Meng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Key Laboratory of Human Functional Genomics of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing 210029, People s Republic of China
Diabetologia 55:1733-44. 2012..Here we explore the role of LXR activation in beta cell insulin secretion and the underlying mechanism that might be involved...
- Sirtuin 1 regulates SREBP-1c expression in a LXR-dependent manner in skeletal muscleAurélia Defour
Laboratoire de Physiologie de l Exercice, Universite de Lyon, Saint Etienne, France
PLoS ONE 7:e43490. 2012..This suggests a possible mechanism by which the regulation of SREBP-1c gene expression by SIRT1 may require the deacetylation of LXR transcription factors...
- Sterol regulatory element-binding proteins are essential for the metabolic programming of effector T cells and adaptive immunityYoko Kidani
Institute for Molecular Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Nat Immunol 14:489-99. 2013..Our studies provide insights into the molecular signals that underlie the metabolic reprogramming of CD8(+) T cells during the transition from quiescence to activation...
- Essential role in vivo of upstream stimulatory factors for a normal dietary response of the fatty acid synthase gene in the liverM Casado
Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, U 129 INSERM Unité de Recherches en Physiologie et Pathologie Génétiques et Moléculaires, 75014 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 274:2009-13. 1999..Upstream stimulatory factors (USF1 and USF2) and sterol response element binding protein 1 (SREBP1) were shown to be able to interact in vitro with this E box...
- Telomere shortening in mTR-/- embryos is associated with failure to close the neural tubeE Herrera
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, CSIC, Campus de Cantoblanco, Madrid E 28049, Spain
EMBO J 18:1172-81. 1999..The fact that the main defect detected in mTR-/- embryos is in the closing of the neural tube, suggests that this developmental process is among the most sensitive to telomere loss and chromosomal instability...
- C/EBPbeta, when expressed from the C/ebpalpha gene locus, can functionally replace C/EBPalpha in liver but not in adipose tissueS S Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Mol Cell Biol 20:7292-9. 2000..Moreover, our studies with the C/ebpalpha(beta/beta) mice provide new insights into the nonredundant functions of C/EBPalpha and C/EBPbeta on gene regulation in WAT...
- Identification of a mutation in ADD1/SREBP-1 in the spontaneously hypertensive ratM Pravenec
Institute of Physiology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
Mamm Genome 12:295-8. 2001..spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR), we mapped and sequenced the gene encoding a key transcription factor known as ADD1 (adipocyte determination and differentiation factor 1) or SREBP-1c (sterol regulatory element binding protein- c) ..
- Cholesterol signaling at the endoplasmic reticulum occurs in npc1(-/-) but not in npc1(-/-), LDLR(-/-) miceR P Erickson
Angel Charity for Children Wings for Genetic Research, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:326-30. 2001....
- Acetyl-coenzyme A synthetase is a lipogenic enzyme controlled by SREBP-1 and energy statusHirohito Sone
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305 8575, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E222-30. 2002..However, its high conservation among different species and the wide range of its tissue distribution suggest that this enzyme might also play an important role in basic cellular energy metabolism...
- Lipid deprivation increases surfactant phosphatidylcholine synthesis via a sterol-sensitive regulatory element within the CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase promoterRama K Mallampalli
The Veterans Administration Medical Center, Iowa City, IA 52246, U S A
Biochem J 362:81-8. 2002..These observations indicate that sterol-regulated expression of CCT is mediated by an SRE within its 5' flanking region...
- A novel interaction between lamin A and SREBP1: implications for partial lipodystrophy and other laminopathiesDavid J Lloyd
Division of Medical Genetics, Departments of Genetics and Medicine, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK
Hum Mol Genet 11:769-77. 2002..Using this approach, the adipocyte differentiation factor, sterol response element binding protein 1 (SREBP1) was identified as a novel lamin A interactor...
- Cloning and characterization of a mammalian fatty acyl-CoA elongase as a lipogenic enzyme regulated by SREBPsTakashi Matsuzaka
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Lipid Res 43:911-20. 2002....
- Ethanol induces fatty acid synthesis pathways by activation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP)Min You
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine and Richard Roudebush Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 277:29342-7. 2002..These finding suggest that metabolism of ethanol increased hepatic lipogenesis by activating SREBP-1 and that this effect of ethanol may contribute to the development of alcoholic fatty liver...
- Insulin and sterol-regulatory element-binding protein-1c (SREBP-1C) regulation of gene expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Identification of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta as an SREBP-1C targetSoazig Le Lay
INSERM Unité 465, Centre de Recherches Biomedicales des Cordeliers, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
J Biol Chem 277:35625-34. 2002..Thus, some of the effects of insulin and/or SREBP-1c in mature fat cells might require C/EBPbeta or C/EBPdelta as transcriptional relays...
- Bovine growth hormone-transgenic mice have major alterations in hepatic expression of metabolic genesBob Olsson
Department of Physiology, Goteborg University, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E504-11. 2003..We conclude that bGH-transgenic mice display marked changes in hepatic genes coding for metabolic enzymes and suggest that GH directly or indirectly regulates many of these hepatic genes via decreased expression of PPARalpha and SREBP-1...
- Twist2, a novel ADD1/SREBP1c interacting protein, represses the transcriptional activity of ADD1/SREBP1cYun Sok Lee
School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Nucleic Acids Res 31:7165-74. 2003..determination and differentiation dependent factor 1 (ADD1)/sterol regulatory element binding protein isoform (SREBP1c) is a key transcription factor in fatty acid metabolism and insulin- dependent gene expression...
- Defects in nuclear structure and function promote dilated cardiomyopathy in lamin A/C-deficient miceVesna Nikolova
Molecular Cardiology Program, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Invest 113:357-69. 2004..Alterations in nuclear architecture are associated with defective nuclear function evidenced by decreased SREBP1 import, reduced PPARgamma expression, and a lack of hypertrophic gene activation...
- p53 involvement in the pathogenesis of fatty liver diseaseNaoya Yahagi
Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:20571-5. 2004..In conclusion, we revealed that p53 plays an important role in the pathogenesis of fatty liver disease...
- Impaired regulation of sterol regulatory element binding protein 2 in cholesterol gallstone-susceptible miceGuoqiang Xu
Division of Gastroenterology, Medical University of Schleswig Holstein Campus Lübeck, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1688:274-9. 2004Lipid synthesis is under tight transcriptional control involving sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBP1, SREBP2)...
- Role of altered renal lipid metabolism and the sterol regulatory element binding proteins in the pathogenesis of age-related renal diseaseTao Jiang
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Kidney Int 68:2608-20. 2005..The purpose of this study was to identify a potential role for lipids in mediating age-related renal disease...
- Hepatic PCSK9 expression is regulated by nutritional status via insulin and sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1cPhilippe Costet
INSERM, U539, CHU Hotel Dieu, 44000, Nantes, France
J Biol Chem 281:6211-8. 2006..Together, these results show that PCSK9 expression is regulated by nutritional status and insulinemia...
- Mouse sterol response element binding protein-1c gene expression is negatively regulated by thyroid hormoneKoshi Hashimoto
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma University, 3 39 15 Showa machi Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Endocrinology 147:4292-302. 2006..Thus, we demonstrated that mouse SREBP-1c mRNA is down-regulated by T3 in vivo and that T3 negatively regulates mouse SREBP-1c gene transcription via a novel negative thyroid hormone response element: Site2...
- SREBP-1-independent regulation of lipogenic gene expression in adipocytesMotohiro Sekiya
Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Lipid Res 48:1581-91. 2007..In summary, in adipocytes, unlike in hepatocytes, increments in nuclear SREBP-1c are not accompanied by transactivation of lipogenic genes; thus, SREBP-1c is not committed to the regulation of lipogenesis...
- Sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c and pancreatic beta-cell dysfunctionH Shimano
Department of Internal Medicine Endocrinology and Metabolism, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Diabetes Obes Metab 9:133-9. 2007..These data implicate a therapeutic potential of EPA against insulin secretion defects caused by lipotoxicity...
- Parasympathetic response in chick myocytes and mouse heart is controlled by SREBPHo Jin Park
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Clin Invest 118:259-71. 2008..These results demonstrate a relationship between lipid metabolism and parasympathetic response that may play a role in arrhythmogenesis...
- SREBP1 is required for the induction by glucose of pancreatic beta-cell genes involved in glucose sensingFrederique Diraison
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London SW72A2, UK
J Lipid Res 49:814-22. 2008..We conclude that enhanced lipid synthesis mediated by SREBP1c-dependent genes is required for the adaptive changes in islet gene expression and insulin secretion at high ..
- Regulation of SREBP1c gene expression in skeletal muscle: role of retinoid X receptor/liver X receptor and forkhead-O1 transcription factorYasutomi Kamei
Department of Molecular Medicine and Metabolism, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 2 3 10 Kanda surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Endocrinology 149:2293-305. 2008Sterol regulatory element binding protein 1c (SREBP1c) is a master regulator of lipogenic gene expression in liver and adipose tissue, where its expression is regulated by a heterodimer of nuclear receptor-type transcription factors ..
- Regulation of energy substrate utilization and hepatic insulin sensitivity by phosphatidylcholine transfer protein/StarD2Erez F Scapa
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
FASEB J 22:2579-90. 2008..Collectively, these data support a key biological role for PC-TP in the regulation of energy substrate utilization...
- Cell type-dependent pro- and anti-inflammatory role of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in alcoholic liver injuryNorio Horiguchi
Section on Liver Biology, Laboratory of Physiologic Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Gastroenterology 134:1148-58. 2008..Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) is known to be activated in human alcoholic liver disease, but its role in the pathogenesis of alcoholic liver injury remains obscure...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-delta induces insulin-induced gene-1 and suppresses hepatic lipogenesis in obese diabetic miceXiaomei Qin
Institute of Cardiovascular Science and Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science of Ministry of Education, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Hepatology 48:432-41. 2008..Furthermore, overexpression of PPARdelta by intravenous infection with the PPARdelta adenovirus induced the expression of Insig-1, suppressed SREBP-1 activation, and, consequently, ameliorated hepatic steatosis in obese db/db mice...
- The helix-loop-helix factors Id3 and E47 are novel regulators of adiponectinAmanda C Doran
Cardiovascular Research Center Cardiovascular Division, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Circ Res 103:624-34. 2008..These data establish Id3 and E47 as novel regulators of SREBP-1c-mediated adiponectin expression in differentiating adipocytes and provide evidence that Id3 regulates adiponectin expression in vivo...
- Peroxisome deficiency causes a complex phenotype because of hepatic SREBP/Insig dysregulation associated with endoplasmic reticulum stressWerner J Kovacs
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 284:7232-45. 2009....
- Sterol regulatory element binding protein 1a regulates hepatic fatty acid partitioning by activating acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase 2Seung Soon Im
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 3900, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4864-72. 2009..The only downregulated genes directly linked to lipid metabolism were Srebf1 (which encodes SREBP-1) and Acacb (which encodes acetyl coenzyme A [acetyl-CoA] carboxylase 2 [ACC2], a critical ..
- C/EBP transcription factors regulate SREBP1c gene expression during adipogenesisVictoria A Payne
University of Cambridge Metabolic Research Laboratories, Institute of Metabolic Science, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Biochem J 425:215-23. 2009The transcription factor SREBP1c (sterol-regulatory-element-binding protein 1c) is highly expressed in adipose tissue and plays a central role in several aspects of adipocyte development including the induction of PPARgamma (peroxisome-..
- Regulation of the ADMA-DDAH system in endothelial cells: a novel mechanism for the sterol response element binding proteins, SREBP1c and -2Christine Y Ivashchenko
GlaxoSmithKline, Metabolic Pathways Center for Excellence in Drug Discovery, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H251-8. 2010..The knockdown of SREBP1c protein led to an increase in DDAH1 mRNA expression and activity, whereas the knockdown of SREBP2 led to a ..
- Sterol-regulatory-element-binding protein 1c mediates the effect of insulin on the expression of Cidea in mouse hepatocytesRui Wang
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Biochem J 430:245-54. 2010..Taken together, these results suggest that SREBP-1c directly mediates the effect of insulin on Cidea in hepatocytes and that Cidea, at least in part, mediates SREBP-1c-dependent lipid accumulation...
- Rb regulates fate choice and lineage commitment in vivoEliezer Calo
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nature 466:1110-4. 2010..Here we use mouse models to address this hypothesis in mesenchymal tissue development and tumorigenesis. Our data show that Rb status plays a key role in establishing fate choice between bone and brown adipose tissue in vivo...
- Adipocyte expression of the glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor involves gene regulation by PPARγ and histone acetylationSu Jin Kim
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences and the Diabetes Research Group, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Lipid Res 52:759-70. 2011....
- Human SREBP1c expression in liver is directly regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha)Ana Fernández-Alvarez
Instituto de Biomedicina de Valencia, IBV CSIC, Jaime Roig 11, 46010 Valencia, Spain
J Biol Chem 286:21466-77. 2011..b>SREBP1c is the most relevant isoform in the adult liver, and its expression is controlled by the nutritional state...
- SREBP-1c regulates glucose-stimulated hepatic clusterin expressionGukhan Kim
Department of Pharmacology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 408:720-5. 2011..Taken together, these results suggest that clusterin expression is increased by glucose stimulation, and SREBP-1c plays a crucial role in the metabolic regulation of clusterin...
- mTOR complex 1 regulates lipin 1 localization to control the SREBP pathwayTimothy R Peterson
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Koch Center for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Cell 146:408-20. 2011..These findings establish lipin 1 as a key component of the mTORC1-SREBP pathway...
- Taskforce for Obesity Research at Southwestern (RMI)JAY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathogenesis of Obesity and Metabolic SyndromeJAY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of Microsomal Fatty Acid ElongationJAY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Transcriptional Regulation of a Surfactant EnzymeRAMA MALLAMPALLI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, the results from these studies could lead to therapeutic strategies directed at modulating expression of this key surfactant enzyme at the molecular level. ..
- Insulin Control of Fat Regulation and Exercise in TeensKristen Nadeau; Fiscal Year: 2008..The K-23 application will help me reach my long-term goal of being an independent investigator in the field of pediatric insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. ..
- A Molecular Marker for Cardiac Autonomic DysfunctionHo Jin Park; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..