Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Spry4
Description: sprouty homolog 4 (Drosophila)
Alias: A030006O18Rik, sprouty4, protein sprouty homolog 4, spry-4
- Sprouty2 and Sprouty4 are essential for embryonic morphogenesis and regulation of FGF signalingKoji Taniguchi
Division of Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 352:896-902. 2007..and Sprouty2 has been investigated using gene targeting approaches, however to date detailed examination of Sprouty4 knockout (KO) mice has not been reported. In this study, Sprouty4 KO mice were generated and characterized...
- An FGF signaling loop sustains the generation of differentiated progeny from stem cells in mouse incisorsOphir D Klein
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2711, USA
Development 135:377-85. 2008..Interestingly, although inactivation of Spry4 alone initiates ectopic ameloblast formation in the embryo, the dosage of another sprouty gene must also be ..
- Formation and differentiation of multiple mesenchymal lineages during lung development is regulated by beta-catenin signalingStijn P De Langhe
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1516. 2008..The role of ss-catenin signaling in mesodermal lineage formation and differentiation has been elusive...
- Suppression of Sproutys has a therapeutic effect for a mouse model of ischemia by enhancing angiogenesisKoji Taniguchi
Division of Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e5467. 2009..Sprouty2 and Sprouty4 double knockout (KO) (DKO) mice were embryonic-lethal around E12.5 due to cardiovascular defects...
- Vertebrate Sprouty genes are induced by FGF signaling and can cause chondrodysplasia when overexpressedG Minowada
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Development 126:4465-75. 1999....
- Cloning and expression pattern of a mouse homologue of drosophila sprouty in the mouse embryoA A de Maximy
Institut Curie UMR 144 CNRS, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248, Paris Cedex 05, France
Mech Dev 81:213-6. 1999..We have identified three potential mouse homologues of sprouty. One of them, called Sprouty4, exhibits a very restricted expression pattern. At 8...
- Mammalian sprouty-1 and -2 are membrane-anchored phosphoprotein inhibitors of growth factor signaling in endothelial cellsM A Impagnatiello
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Biol 152:1087-98. 2001..The data indicate that mammalian Spry-1 and -2 are membrane-anchored proteins that negatively regulate angiogenesis-associated RTK signaling, possibly in a RTK-specific fashion...
- Expression of Sprouty genes 1, 2 and 4 during mouse organogenesisS Zhang
Biocenter Oulu and Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, P O Box 3000, FIN 90014, Oulu, Finland
Mech Dev 109:367-70. 2001..nasal organs, the follicle of vibrissae and teeth, Sprouty1 and Sprouty2 are expressed in the epithelium and Sprouty4 in the mesenchyme or neuronal tissue, while in the lung Sprouties1, 2 and 4 are all expressed mainly in the ..
- An Fgf/Gremlin inhibitory feedback loop triggers termination of limb bud outgrowthJamie M Verheyden
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Nature 454:638-41. 2008..Our study unveils the concept of a self-promoting and self-terminating circuit that may be used to attain proper tissue size in a broad spectrum of developmental and regenerative settings...
- Functions of FGF signalling from the apical ectodermal ridge in limb developmentXin Sun
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0452, USA
Nature 418:501-8. 2002..In the complete absence of both FGF4 and FGF8 activities, limb development fails. We present a model to explain how the mutant phenotypes arise from FGF-mediated effects on limb bud size and cell survival...
- Conditional inactivation of Fgfr1 in mouse defines its role in limb bud establishment, outgrowth and digit patterningJamie M Verheyden
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Development 132:4235-45. 2005..Our study of these two Fgfr1 conditional mutants has elucidated the multiple roles of FGFR1 in limb bud establishment, growth and patterning...
- Enamel-free teeth: Tbx1 deletion affects amelogenesis in rodent incisorsJavier Caton
Department of Craniofacial Development, King s College London, GKT Dental Institute, London SE1 9RT, UK
Dev Biol 328:493-505. 2009..These results demonstrate that Tbx1 is essential for the maintenance of ameloblast progenitor cells in rodent incisors and that its deletion results in the absence of enamel formation...
- The initiation and propagation of Hes7 oscillation are cooperatively regulated by Fgf and notch signaling in the somite segmentation clockYasutaka Niwa
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Dev Cell 13:298-304. 2007..We thus propose that Hes7 oscillation is initiated by Fgf signaling and propagated/maintained anteriorly by Notch signaling...
- Levels of mesenchymal FGFR2 signaling modulate smooth muscle progenitor cell commitment in the lungStijn P De Langhe
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 299:52-62. 2006..Our work unravels part of the complex interactions that govern normal lung development and may be pertinent to understanding the basis of respiratory defects in Apert syndrome...
- Sprouty genes control diastema tooth development via bidirectional antagonism of epithelial-mesenchymal FGF signalingOphir D Klein
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Dev Cell 11:181-90. 2006..We show that different Sprouty genes are deployed in different tissue compartments--Spry2 in epithelium and Spry4 in mesenchyme--to prevent diastema tooth formation...
- Cooperative loss of RAS feedback regulation drives myeloid leukemogenesisZhen Zhao
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 47:539-43. 2015..cells harboring a Kras(G12D) allele retained low levels of Ras signaling owing to negative feedback involving Spry4 that prevented transformation...
- Decreased anti-regenerative effects after spinal cord injury in spry4-/- miceY Goldshmit
Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute, Monash University, Vic, Australia Department of Neurobiology, Tel Aviv University, Israel Electronic address
Neuroscience 287:104-12. 2015..2012, 2014). One of the downstream signaling target genes of Fgf is spry4, which acts as a feedback inhibitor for Fgf signaling...
- Elf5 and Ets2 maintain the mouse extraembryonic ectoderm in a dosage dependent synergistic mannerMartyn Donnison
AgResearch Ruakura, 10 Bisley Road, Hamilton 3214, New Zealand
Dev Biol 397:77-88. 2015....
- Sprouty gene dosage influences temporal-spatial dynamics of primary enamel knot formationKaterina Lochovska
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
BMC Dev Biol 15:21. 2015..We focused on temporal-spatial dynamics of Sonic Hedgehog expression as a marker of early odontogenesis during supernumerary tooth development...
- Hyperplasia of interstitial cells of cajal in sprouty homolog 4 deficient miceAn Thys
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
PLoS ONE 10:e0124861. 2015..We concluded that the lack of Sprouty homolog 4 expression leads to hyperplasia of the interstitial cells of Cajal and is functionally associated with a delayed transit time. ..
- Autoregulatory loop between TGF-β1/miR-411-5p/SPRY4 and MAPK pathway in rhabdomyosarcoma modulates proliferation and differentiationM Sun
Laboratory Animal Research Center, Soochow University School of Medicine, Suzhou 215123, China
Cell Death Dis 6:e1859. 2015..reporting system and sequence analysis, the potential target of miR-411-5p was identified as sprouty homolog 4 (SPRY4), which inhibits protein kinase Cα-mediated activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs), especially ..
- Dynamics of BMP signaling in limb bud mesenchyme and polydactylyJacqueline L Norrie
Department of Molecular Biosciences, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, 2500 Speedway Stop A4800, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Dev Biol 393:270-81. 2014..Our results provide new insights into the timing and clarify the mechanisms underlying BMP signaling during digit morphogenesis...
- Sprouty4 regulates endothelial cell migration via modulating integrin β3 stability through c-SrcYan Gong
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, 81 Research Drive, Scarborough, ME, 04074, USA
Angiogenesis 16:861-75. 2013..The RTK modulator, Sprouty4 (Spry4) inhibits endothelial cell functions and angiogenesis, but the mechanisms remain to be fully elucidated...
- Sprouty2 and -4 hypomorphism promotes neuronal survival and astrocytosis in a mouse model of kainic acid induced neuronal damageSitthisak Thongrong
Division of Neuroanatomy, Department of Anatomy Histology and Embryology, Medical University, Innsbruck, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Hippocampus 26:658-67. 2016..Among the four Sprouty isoforms, Spry2 and Spry4 are expressed in the hippocampus...
- Syndactyly in a novel Fras1(rdf) mutant results from interruption of signals for interdigital apoptosisElizabeth A Hines
Laboratory of Genetics University of Wisconsin Madison, WI, 53706
Dev Dyn 245:497-507. 2016..Many of these defects are mimicked by loss of Fras1 in mice, and are preceded by the formation of epidermal blisters in utero...
- Mutations in FGF17, IL17RD, DUSP6, SPRY4, and FLRT3 are identified in individuals with congenital hypogonadotropic hypogonadismHichem Miraoui
Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne in collaboration with Service of Endocrinology, Diabetology, and Metabolism, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Rue du Bugnon 7, Lausanne CH 1005, Switzerland
Am J Hum Genet 92:725-43. 2013..other genes were found to be mutated in CHH individuals: FGF17 (n = 3 individuals), IL17RD (n = 8), DUSP6 (n = 5), SPRY4 (n = 14), and FLRT3 (n = 3)...
- The dynamics of supernumerary tooth development are differentially regulated by Sprouty genesSvatava Lagronova-Churava
Department of Teratology, Institute of Experimental Medicine AS CR, Prague, Czech Republic
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 320:307-20. 2013..A supernumerary tooth occurs in the diastema of adult mice carrying mutations in either Spry2 or Spry4. In the case of Spry2 mutants, the origin of the supernumerary tooth involves the revitalization of a rudimentary ..
- Patched 1 is a crucial determinant of asymmetry and digit number in the vertebrate limbNatalie C Butterfield
The University of Queensland, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Queensland, Australia
Development 136:3515-24. 2009..These results establish the importance of the downstream consequences of Hh pathway repression, and identify Ptc1 as a key player in limb patterning even prior to the onset of Shh expression...
- Sprouty2 regulates endochondral bone formation by modulation of RTK and BMP signalingAdriane Joo
Department of Orofacial Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, United States Program in Craniofacial Biology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, United States
Bone 88:170-9. 2016..These results identify Spry2 as a critical regulator of endochondral bone formation that modulates signaling in both osteoblast and chondrocyte lineages. ..
- Elevated Fibroblast Growth Factor Signaling Is Critical for the Pathogenesis of the Dwarfism in Evc2/Limbin Mutant MiceHonghao Zhang
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1006510. 2016..Taken together, our data uncover a novel pathogenic mechanism to understand limb dwarfism in patients with Ellis-van Creveld syndrome...
- BCL11B regulates epithelial proliferation and asymmetric development of the mouse mandibular incisorKateryna Kyrylkova
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e37670. 2012..Our data integrate BCL11B into these pathways during incisor development and reveal the molecular mechanisms that underlie phenotypes of both Bcl11b(-/-) and Sprouty mutant mice...
- Kit K641E oncogene up-regulates Sprouty homolog 4 and trophoblast glycoprotein in interstitial cells of Cajal in a murine model of gastrointestinal stromal tumoursPetra Gromova
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Brussels, Belgium
J Cell Mol Med 13:1536-48. 2009..Gja1/Cx43, Gpc6, Gpr133, Pacrg, Pde3a, Prkar2b, Prkcq/Pkce, Rasd2, Spry4 and Tpbg/5T4 were found to be up-regulated...
- A mechanism for gene-environment interaction in the etiology of congenital scoliosisDuncan B Sparrow
Developmental and Stem Cell Biology Division, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
Cell 149:295-306. 2012..Our results potentially provide a mechanism for the genesis of a host of common sporadic congenital abnormalities through gene-environment interaction...
- Evolutionarily conserved requirement of Cdx for post-occipital tissue emergenceCarina van Rooijen
Hubrecht Institute, Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT Utrecht, and University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 139:2576-83. 2012..Cdx requirement for the post-head section of the axis is ancestral as it takes place in arthropods as well...
- Sprouty proteins inhibit receptor-mediated activation of phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase CSimge Akbulut
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:3487-96. 2010..These data highlight an important action of Spry, which may allow these proteins to influence signaling through multiple receptors...
- Sprouty proteins are negative regulators of interferon (IFN) signaling and IFN-inducible biological responsesBhumika Sharma
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center and Division of Hematology Oncology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 287:42352-60. 2012..In other studies, we found that siRNA-mediated knockdown of Spry1, Spry2, or Spry4 promotes IFN-inducible antileukemic effects in vitro and results in enhanced suppressive effects on malignant ..
- Sprouty2 and -4 regulate axon outgrowth by hippocampal neuronsBarbara Hausott
Division of Neuroanatomy, Innsbruck Medical University, Muellerstrasse 59, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Hippocampus 22:434-41. 2012..In vivo expression of Sprouty2 was reduced by 79% and of Sprouty4 by 93% on postnatal day 14 compared to embryonic day 16.5...
- E-cadherin regulates the behavior and fate of epithelial stem cells and their progeny in the mouse incisorChun Ying Li
Department of Orofacial Sciences and Program in Craniofacial and Mesenchymal Biology, UCSF, USA
Dev Biol 366:357-66. 2012..Together, our data indicate that E-cadherin is an important regulator of stem cells and their progeny during growth of the mouse incisor...
- MT1-MMP inactivates ADAM9 to regulate FGFR2 signaling and calvarial osteogenesisKui Ming Chan
Shenzhen Institute of Research and Innovation, The University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen, China
Dev Cell 22:1176-90. 2012..These data reveal a regulatory paradigm for FGRF2 signaling and identify MT1-MMP as a critical negative modulator of ADAM9 activity to maintain FGFR2 signaling in calvarial osteogenesis...
- Biallelic expression of Tbx1 protects the embryo from developmental defects caused by increased receptor tyrosine kinase signalingSubreena Simrick
Department of Craniofacial Development and Stem Cell Biology, King s College London, Guy s Tower, London, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 241:1310-24. 2012..Heterozygosity of Tbx1, the mouse homolog of the candidate TBX1 gene, results in mild defects dependent on genetic background, whereas complete inactivation results in severe malformations in multiple tissues...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 kinase domain mutation increases cortical progenitor proliferation via mitogen-activated protein kinase activationRachel E Thomson
Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Beatson Laboratories for Cancer Research, Glasgow, UK
J Neurochem 100:1565-78. 2007..We suggest that temporal activation of MAPK is largely responsible for cell proliferation caused by the Fgfr3 mutation during early stages of cortical development...
- Modulation of endocrine pancreas development but not beta-cell carcinogenesis by Sprouty4Fabienne Jäggi
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics, Department of Clinical Biological Sciences, Center of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Mol Cancer Res 6:468-82. 2008..Here, by the inducible expression of murine Spry4 in pancreatic beta cells, we have assessed the functional role of Spry proteins in the development of pancreatic ..
- Sprouty-2 regulates oncogenic K-ras in lung development and tumorigenesisAlice T Shaw
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, and Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Genes Dev 21:694-707. 2007..These findings indicate that in the lung, Sprouty-2 plays a critical role in the regulation of oncogenic K-ras, and implicate counter-regulatory mechanisms in the pathogenesis of Ras-based disease...
- Fate and function of the ventral ectodermal ridge during mouse tail developmentD C Goldman
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Development 127:2113-23. 2000....
- Regulation of Sprouty2 stability by mammalian Seven-in-Absentia homolog 2Robert J Nadeau
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074 7205, USA
J Cell Biochem 100:151-60. 2007..Co-expression of SIAH2 resulted in proteasomal degradation of Spry1, 2, and to a lesser extent Spry4. The related E3 ubiquitin-ligase, SIAH1, had little effect on Spry2 protein stability when co-expressed...
- A genetic study of the suppressors of the Engrailed-1 cerebellar phenotypeCrystal L Murcia
Alzheimer Research Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Brain Res 1140:170-8. 2007..These findings highlight the complexity and plasticity of gene networks involved in brain development...
- A threshold requirement for Gbx2 levels in hindbrain developmentSamuel T Waters
Laboratory of Cancer and Developmental Biology, NCI Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Development 133:1991-2000. 2006..markers, this region displays robust expression of Fgf8 and Fgf17, as well as the downstream FGF targets Spry1 and Spry4. Additionally, we demonstrate that the cell division regulator cyclin D2 is downregulated, and that cellular ..
- Efficient suppression of FGF-2-induced ERK activation by the cooperative interaction among mammalian Sprouty isoformsKei Ichi Ozaki
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, 1 14, Bunkyo Machi, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
J Cell Sci 118:5861-71. 2005..Sprouty1 specifically interacts with Grb2, whereas Sprouty4 interacts with Sos1...
- Fibroblast growth factor signalling and regional specification of the pharyngeal ectodermNina Trokovic
Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Finland
Int J Dev Biol 49:797-805. 2005..Our results suggest that Fgfr1 is important for localized signalling in the pharyngeal ectoderm and consequently for normal tissue interactions in the developing second branchial arch...
- Synergistic activity of Sef and Sprouty proteins in regulating the expression of Gbx2 in the mid-hindbrain regionWei Lin
Medical Research Council, National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
Genesis 41:110-5. 2005..Altogether, our results demonstrate that Sef and Sproutys function synergistically to regulate Gbx2 expression in the anterior hindbrain...
- Runx2 mediates FGF signaling from epithelium to mesenchyme during tooth morphogenesisThomas Aberg
Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Dev Biol 270:76-93. 2004..We conclude that Runx2 mediates the functions of epithelial FGF signals regulating Fgf3 expression in the dental mesenchyme and that Fgf3 may be a direct target gene of Runx2...
- Temporal effects of Sprouty on lung morphogenesisAnne Karina T Perl
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Dev Biol 258:154-68. 2003..These findings demonstrate that the embryonic-pseudoglandular stage is a critical time period during which Spry-sensitive pathways are required for branching morphogenesis, lobulation, and formation of the peripheral lung parenchyma...
- Embryonic retinoic acid synthesis is required for forelimb growth and anteroposterior patterning in the mouseKaren Niederreither
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP College de France, BP 10142, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, CU de Strasbourg, France
Development 129:3563-74. 2002..We suggest that RA signaling cooperates with a posteriorly restricted factor such as dHand, to generate a functional zone of polarizing activity (ZPA)...
- Cell surface heparan sulfate chains regulate local reception of FGF signaling in the mouse embryoKayo Shimokawa
Department of Molecular Embryology, Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Osaka Prefectural Hospital Organization, 840 Murodo cho, Izumi, Osaka 594 1101, Japan
Dev Cell 21:257-72. 2011..Together, the results show that spatiotemporal expression of cell surface-tethered HS chains regulate the local reception of FGF-signaling activity during mammalian embryogenesis...
- Sprouty4, an FGF inhibitor, displays cyclic gene expression under the control of the notch segmentation clock in the mouse PSMShinichi Hayashi
Laboratory of Gene Regulation Research, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e5603. 2009....
- Sprouty4 deficiency potentiates Ras-independent angiogenic signals and tumor growthKoji Taniguchi
Division of Molecular and Cellular Immunology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:1648-54. 2009..In this study, we examined the physiological function of Sprouty4 as an angiogenic regulator, using Sprouty4 knockout (KO) mice and cells...
- Functional and phylogenetic analysis shows that Fgf8 is a marker of genital induction in mammals but is not required for external genital developmentAshley W Seifert
Department of Zoology, UF Genetics Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Development 136:2643-51. 2009..We propose that induction of external genitalia involves an epithelial-epithelial interaction at the cloacal membrane, and suggest that the cloacal ectoderm may be the source of the genital initiation signal...
- Overexpression of Spry1 in chondrocytes causes attenuated FGFR ubiquitination and sustained ERK activation resulting in chondrodysplasiaXuehui Yang
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, 81 Research Drive, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
Dev Biol 321:64-76. 2008....
- Role of Epiprofin, a zinc-finger transcription factor, in limb developmentAna Talamillo
Departamento de Anatomía y Biología Celular Facultad de Medicina Universidad de Cantabria, 39011 Santander, Spain
Dev Biol 337:363-74. 2010....
- Preaxial polydactyly: interactions among ETV, TWIST1 and HAND2 control anterior-posterior patterning of the limbZhen Zhang
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Development 137:3417-26. 2010..Together, our data suggest that through biochemical interactions, the Shh expression regulators ETV, TWIST1 and HAND2 attain a precise balance to establish anterior-posterior patterning of the limb...
- Fgf9 signalling stimulates Spred and Sprouty expression in embryonic mouse pancreas mesenchymeKathrine B Sylvestersen
Hagedorn Research Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Gentofte, Denmark
Gene Expr Patterns 11:105-11. 2011....
- Disruption of PCP signaling causes limb morphogenesis and skeletal defects and may underlie Robinow syndrome and brachydactyly type BBing Wang
Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:271-85. 2011..These findings provide novel insight into the signaling mechanisms of Wnt5a/Ror2 and the pathogenesis in BDB1 and RRS...
- Transcriptome analyses based on genetic screens for Pax3 myogenic targets in the mouse embryoMounia Lagha
CNRS URA 2578, Departement de Biologie du Developpement, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, Paris, France
BMC Genomics 11:696. 2010..Few Pax3 target genes have been identified. Identifying genes that lie genetically downstream of Pax3 is therefore an important endeavour in elucidating the myogenic gene regulatory network...
- FGF4 and FGF8 comprise the wavefront activity that controls somitogenesisL A Naiche
Genetics of Vertebrate Development Section, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21701, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:4018-23. 2011..Furthermore, these data show that FGF action maintains WNT signaling, and that both signaling pathways are required in parallel to maintain PSM progenitor tissue...
- SHH propagates distal limb bud development by enhancing CYP26B1-mediated retinoic acid clearance via AER-FGF signallingSimone Probst
Developmental Genetics, Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Mattenstrasse 28, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Development 138:1913-23. 2011..In summary, SHH promotes distal progression of limb development by enhancing CYP26B1-mediated RA clearance as part of a signalling network linking the SHH/GREM1/AER-FGF feedback loop to the newly identified AER-FGF/CYP26B1/RA module...
- FGF signaling regulates the number of posterior taste papillae by controlling progenitor field sizeCamille I Petersen
Department of Orofacial Sciences and Program in Craniofacial and Mesenchymal Biology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS Genet 7:e1002098. 2011....
- Sprouty genes prevent excessive FGF signalling in multiple cell types throughout development of the cerebellumTian Yu
Department of Craniofacial Development, King s College London, London, UK
Development 138:2957-68. 2011..Here, we investigated the function of sprouty genes (Spry1, Spry2 and Spry4), which encode feedback antagonists of FGF signalling, during cerebellar development in the mouse...
- Coordination of epithelial branching and salivary gland lumen formation by Wnt and FGF signalsNisha Patel
Department of Craniofacial Development, Dental Institute, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London Bridge, London, UK
Dev Biol 358:156-67. 2011..Altogether, these findings point to a key function of FGF signaling in the maintenance of an undifferentiated state in endbud cells by inhibition of a ductal fate...
- Regulation of tooth number by fine-tuning levels of receptor-tyrosine kinase signalingCyril Charles
Department of Orofacial Sciences and Program in Craniofacial and Mesenchymal Biology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 138:4063-73. 2011....
- Fibroblast growth factor 9 signaling inhibits airway smooth muscle differentiation in mouse lungLan Yi
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Dev Dyn 238:123-37. 2009..This model also represents our findings on the genetic relationship between FGF9 and sonic hedgehog (SHH) in the establishment of airway SMC pattern...