Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Smpx
Description: small muscle protein, X-linked
Alias: 1010001C09Rik, Csl, small muscular protein, cardiac and skeletal muscle protein, chisel protein, stretch-responsive skeletal muscle protein
- Identification, mapping, and genomic structure of a novel X-chromosomal human gene (SMPX) encoding a small muscular proteinD Patzak
Institute of Human Genetics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
Hum Genet 105:506-12. 1999..Thus, a novel human gene encoding a small muscular protein that maps to Xp22...
- Muscle costameric protein, Chisel/Smpx, associates with focal adhesion complexes and modulates cell spreading in vitro via a Rac1/p38 pathwayAaron Schindeler
Developmental Biology Program, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia
Exp Cell Res 307:367-80. 2005The murine X-linked gene Chisel (Csl/Smpx) encodes a 9-kDa protein that associates in heart and skeletal muscle cells with the costameric cytoskeleton, implicated in maintaining muscle integrity and responses to biomechanical stress...
- Chamber formation and morphogenesis in the developing mammalian heartV M Christoffels
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 1105, The Netherlands
Dev Biol 223:266-78. 2000....
- The small muscle-specific protein Csl modifies cell shape and promotes myocyte fusion in an insulin-like growth factor 1-dependent mannerS Palmer
Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
J Cell Biol 153:985-98. 2001We have isolated a murine cDNA encoding a 9-kD protein, Chisel (Csl), in a screen for transcriptional targets of the cardiac homeodomain factor Nkx2-5...
- Identification of a novel stretch-responsive skeletal muscle gene (Smpx)T J Kemp
Molecular Pathology, Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine, London, SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Genomics 72:260-71. 2001..This gene has been called "small muscle protein (X chromosome)" (Smpx; HGMW-approved human gene symbol SMPX) and we hypothesize that it plays a role in skeletal muscle hypertrophy.
- Overexpression of SMPX in adult skeletal muscle does not change skeletal muscle fiber type or sizeEinar Eftestøl
Department of Biosciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 9:e99232. 2014..Small muscle protein X-linked (SMPX) is upregulated by stretch in skeletal muscle and has been suggested to serve both as a transcription factor and a ..
- A systematic survey of carbonic anhydrase mRNA expression during mammalian inner ear developmentLing Wu
Department of Anatomy, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dev Dyn 242:269-80. 2013..To understand the specific roles of CA isozymes in the inner ear, a systematic survey was conducted to reveal temporal and spatial expression patterns of all 16 CA isozymes during inner ear development...
- Role of Hand1/eHAND in the dorso-ventral patterning and interventricular septum formation in the embryonic heartKiyonori Togi
Department of Social Service, Kyoto University Hospital, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:4627-35. 2004..Furthermore, Hand1/eHAND is not a master regulatory gene that specifies the left ventricle myocyte lineage but may control the dorso-ventral patterning in concert with additional genes...
- Foxh1 is essential for development of the anterior heart fieldIngo Von Both
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Dev Cell 7:331-45. 2004..Thus, Foxh1 and Nkx2-5 functionally interact and are essential for development of the AHF and its derivatives, the RV and OFT, in response to TGFbeta-like signals...
- Tbx2 is essential for patterning the atrioventricular canal and for morphogenesis of the outflow tract during heart developmentZachary Harrelson
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 131:5041-52. 2004....
- T-box genes coordinate regional rates of proliferation and regional specification during cardiogenesisChen Leng Cai
Skaggs School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Development 132:2475-87. 2005....
- BMP10 is essential for maintaining cardiac growth during murine cardiogenesisHanying Chen
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Development 131:2219-31. 2004..This may provide an underlying mechanism for understanding the pathogenesis of both structural and functional congenital heart defects...
- Bmp2 is essential for cardiac cushion epithelial-mesenchymal transition and myocardial patterningLijiang Ma
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, 2121 West Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 132:5601-11. 2005..Our data indicate that Bmp2 has a crucial role in coordinating multiple aspects of AV canal morphogenesis...
- Cardiomyocyte-specific deletion of the coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor results in hyperplasia of the embryonic left ventricle and abnormalities of sinuatrial valvesJin Wen Chen
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, USA
Circ Res 98:923-30. 2006..In addition, the results suggest that CAR-mediated intercellular contacts may regulate proliferation and differentiation of cardiomyocytes within the embryonic left ventricular wall...
- Hand1 regulates cardiomyocyte proliferation versus differentiation in the developing heartCatherine A Risebro
Molecular Medicine Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Development 133:4595-606. 2006....
- Hesr1 and Hesr2 regulate atrioventricular boundary formation in the developing heart through the repression of Tbx2Hiroki Kokubo
Division of Mammalian Development, National Institute of Genetics, 1111 Yata, Mishima Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Development 134:747-55. 2007..Furthermore, we find that the expression of Hesr1 and Hesr2 is independent of Notch2 signaling. Taken together, our data demonstrate that Hesr1 and Hesr2 play crucial roles in AV boundary formation through the suppression of Tbx2...
- Myocardial smad4 is essential for cardiogenesis in mouse embryosLanying Song
Department of Genetics, Division of Genetic and Translational Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Circ Res 101:277-85. 2007..In conclusion, this study provides the first mouse model showing that Smad4 plays essential roles during cardiogenesis...
- Tbx3 is required for outflow tract developmentKarim Mesbah
Developmental Biology Institute of Marseilles Luminy, France
Circ Res 103:743-50. 2008....
- Neuregulin 1 sustains the gene regulatory network in both trabecular and nontrabecular myocardiumDonna Lai
Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Lowy Packer Building, 405 Liverpool St, Darlinghurst 2010, Australia
Circ Res 107:715-27. 2010..In development, the membrane-tethered signaling ligand Neuregulin (Nrg)1, expressed in endocardium, is essential for ventricular morphogenesis. In adults, Nrg1 protects against heart failure and can induce cardiomyocytes to divide...
- Analysis of a Hand1 hypomorphic allele reveals a critical threshold for embryonic viabilityBeth A Firulli
Riley Heart Research Center, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research Division of Pediatrics Cardiology, Departments of Anatomy and Medical and Molecular Genetics, Indiana Medical School, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5225, USA
Dev Dyn 239:2748-60. 2010..Together, these data define a critical threshold of Hand1 expression that is necessary for embryonic survival...
- Identification of genes concordantly expressed with Atoh1 during inner ear developmentHeejei Yoon
Department of Anatomy, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Anat Cell Biol 44:69-78. 2011..identified many other genes that have not been associated with hair cell differentiation, including Tekt2, Spag6, Smpx, Lmod1, Myh7b, Kif9, Ttyh1, Scn11a and Cnga2...
- T-box transcription factor Tbx2 represses differentiation and formation of the cardiac chambersVincent M Christoffels
Experimental and Molecular Cardiology Group, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dev Dyn 229:763-70. 2004..These findings provide the first evidence that Tbx2 is a determinant in the local repression of chamber-specific gene expression and chamber differentiation...