Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc2a3
Description: solute carrier family 2 (facilitated glucose transporter), member 3
Alias: AA408729, AL023014, AL024341, AU040424, C78366, Glut-3, Glut3, solute carrier family 2, facilitated glucose transporter member 3, glucose transporter type 3, brain
- Lmx1b, Pet-1, and Nkx2.2 coordinately specify serotonergic neurotransmitter phenotypeLeping Cheng
The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 23:9961-7. 2003..2, drives 5-HT differentiation in the dorsal spinal cord. Our studies therefore define a molecular pathway necessary and sufficient to specify the serotonergic neurotransmitter phenotype...
- Trans-activators regulating neuronal glucose transporter isoform-3 gene expression in mammalian neuronsAugustine Rajakumar
Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
J Biol Chem 279:26768-79. 2004..By employing the primer extension assay, the transcription start site of the murine Glut 3 gene in the brain was localized to -305 bp 5' to the ATG translation start codon...
- Glucose transporter isoform-3 mutations cause early pregnancy loss and fetal growth restrictionAmit Ganguly
Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1241-55. 2007Glucose transporter isoform-3 (GLUT3) is the trophoblastic facilitative glucose transporter...
- Developmental expression and cellular localization of glucose transporter molecules during mouse preimplantation developmentM Aghayan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104
Development 115:305-12. 1992..This observation suggests a different functional significance for these isoforms during mouse preimplantation development...
- Developmental regulation of genes mediating murine brain glucose uptakeJ Y Khan
Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh, Magee Womens Research Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 3180, USA
Am J Physiol 276:R892-900. 1999....
- Glucose transporter gene expression in early mouse embryosA Hogan
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Calgary Health Sciences Center, Alberta, Canada
Development 113:363-72. 1991..Genetic mapping studies of glucose transporters in the mouse show that Glut-1 is located on chromosome 4, Glut-2 on chromosome 3, Glut-3 on chromosome 6, and Glut-4 on chromosome 11...
- Essential role of glucose transporter GLUT3 for post-implantation embryonic developmentS Schmidt
Department of Pharmacology Toxicology, German Institute of Human Nutrition, Nuthetal, Germany
J Endocrinol 200:23-33. 2009Deletion of glucose transporter gene Slc2a3 (GLUT3) has previously been reported to result in embryonic lethality. Here, we define the exact time point of growth arrest and subsequent death of the embryo...
- Neuronal functions, feeding behavior, and energy balance in Slc2a3+/- miceStefan Schmidt
Department of Pharmacology, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbruecke, Nuthetal, Germany
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E1084-94. 2008Homozygous deletion of the gene of the neuronal glucose transporter GLUT3 (Slc2a3) in mice results in embryonic lethality, whereas heterozygotes (Slc2a3+/-) are viable...
- Glucose transporter GLUT3: ontogeny, targeting, and role in the mouse blastocystM Pantaleon
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3795-800. 1997..We identified and localized the primary transporter in TE cells. It is glucose transporter GLUT3, previously described in the mouse as neuron-specific...
- Glucose transporter isoform-3-null heterozygous mutation causes sexually dimorphic adiposity with insulin resistanceAmit Ganguly
Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Neonatal Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E1144-51. 2008We examined male and female glucose transporter isoform-3 (GLUT3; placenta)-null heterozygous(+/-) mutation-carrying mice and compared them with age- and sex-matched wild-type(+/+) littermates...
- Glucose transporter expression in brain. cDNA sequence of mouse GLUT3, the brain facilitative glucose transporter isoform, and identification of sites of expression by in situ hybridizationS Nagamatsu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
J Biol Chem 267:467-72. 1992Complementary DNAs encoding the mouse GLUT3/brain facilitative glucose transporter have been isolated and sequenced...
- Neuronal glucose transporter isoform 3 deficient mice demonstrate features of autism spectrum disordersY Zhao
Division of Neonatology, Neonatal Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Mol Psychiatry 15:286-99. 2010..This is the first description of GLUT3 deficiency that forms a possible novel genetic mechanism for pervasive developmental disorders, such as the ..
- Prenatal Exposure to Sodium Arsenite Alters Placental Glucose 1, 3, and 4 Transporters in Balb/c MiceDaniela Sarahí Gutiérrez-Torres
Programa de Maestría en Ciencias en Biotecnología, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua, Circuito No 1 Nuevo Campus Universitario, 31125 Chihuahua, Chih, Mexico
Biomed Res Int 2015:175025. 2015..The aim of this study was to analyze the effect of sodium arsenite (NaAsO2) exposure on GLUT1, GLUT3, and GLUT4 protein expression and on placental morphology...
- Identification of a murine TEF-1-related gene expressed after mitogenic stimulation of quiescent fibroblasts and during myogenic differentiationD K Hsu
Department of Molecular Biology, Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 271:13786-95. 1996..These results indicate that increased expression of a TEF-1-related protein may be important for both mitogen-stimulated fibroblast proliferation and skeletal muscle cell differentiation...
- Glucose utilization and glucose transporter proteins GLUT-1 and GLUT-3 in brains of diabetic (db/db) miceS J Vannucci
Department of Pediatrics, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol 272:E267-74. 1997..The results of this study indicate that the db/db mouse has markedly decelerated brain growth accompanied by global reductions in glucose metabolism that are not due to reductions in glucose transport capacity...
- Identification of putative downstream genes of Oct-3, a pluripotent cell-specific transcription factorY Saijoh
Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Genes Cells 1:239-52. 1996..In order to study how pluripotency is maintained, it is essential to know what genes are regulated by Oct-3...
- Hypoxia regulation of facilitated glucose transporter-1 and glucose transporter-3 in mouse chondrocytes mediated by HIF-1alphaBu Fang Ren
Shanghai Institute of Traumatology and Orthopaedics and Department of Orthopaedics, Ruijin Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200025, China
Joint Bone Spine 75:176-81. 2008..Chondrocytes reside in a hypoxic environment; they utilize glucose as the main energy source. Facilitated glucose transport represents the first rate-limiting step in glucose metabolism...
- Oxygen-regulated expression of GLUT-1, GLUT-3, and VEGF in the mouse blastocystKaren L Kind
Research Centre for Reproductive Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, South Australia, Australia
Mol Reprod Dev 70:37-44. 2005..001). These results suggest that the preimplantation mouse embryo has the capacity to detect and respond to low oxygen availability with changes in expression of oxygen-regulated genes...
- Keratins regulate protein biosynthesis through localization of GLUT1 and -3 upstream of AMP kinase and RaptorPreethi Vijayaraj
Abteilung für Zellbiochemie, Institut für Biochemie und Molekularbiologie and 2 Bonner Forum Biomedizin, Universitat Bonn, 53115 Bonn, Germany
J Cell Biol 187:175-84. 2009..Our findings demonstrate a novel keratin function upstream of mTOR signaling via GLUT localization and have implications for pathomechanisms and therapy approaches for keratin disorders and the analysis of other gene families...
- Placental glucose and amino acid transport in calorie-restricted wild-type and Glut3 null heterozygous miceAmit Ganguly
Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Neonatal Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
Endocrinology 153:3995-4007. 2012..CR) decreased placenta and fetal weights in wild-type (wt) and glucose transporter (Glut) 3 heterozygous null (glut3(+/-)) mice...
- Hypoxic adaptation engages the CBP/CREST-induced coactivator complex of Creb-HIF-1α in transactivating murine neuroblastic glucose transporterShanthie Thamotharan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Neonatal Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E583-98. 2013We have shown in vitro a hypoxia-induced time-dependent increase in facilitative glucose transporter isoform 3 (GLUT3) expression in N2A murine neuroblasts...
- Reprogramming- and pluripotency-associated membrane proteins in mouse stem cells revealed by label-free quantitative proteomicsJie Hao
Tianjin State Laboratory of Protein Science, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
J Proteomics 86:70-84. 2013..Moreover, knock-down of glucose transporter 3 in ESCs impaired the beating function of ESC-derived cardiomyocytes, suggesting its potential role in mediating stem cell differentiation...
- NFκB up-regulation of glucose transporter 3 is essential for hyperactive mammalian target of rapamycin-induced aerobic glycolysis and tumor growthXiaojun Zha
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medicine, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Cancer Lett 359:97-106. 2015..fibroblasts (MEFs) and human cancer cell lines consistently indicate that the expression of glucose transporter 3 (Glut3) is dramatically up-regulated by mTOR...
- Copy-Number Variation of the Glucose Transporter Gene SLC2A3 and Congenital Heart Defects in the 22q11.2 Deletion SyndromeElisabeth E Mlynarski
Division of Human Genetics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Hum Genet 96:753-64. 2015..Our analysis revealed that a duplication of SLC2A3 was the most frequent CNV identified in the first cohort...
- A pair of co-opted retroviral envelope syncytin genes is required for formation of the two-layered murine placental syncytiotrophoblastAnne Dupressoir
Unité des rétrovirus endogènes et éléments rétroïdes des eucaryotes supérieurs, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8122, and Unité de Génomique Fonctionnelle, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:E1164-73. 2011..Although some are absolutely required for completion of pregnancy, others are still amenable to "epigenetic" compensations, thus illustrating the complexity of the molecular machinery that developed during placental evolution...
- Glucose uptake mediated by glucose transporter 1 is essential for early tooth morphogenesis and size determination of murine molarsHiroko Ida-Yonemochi
Division of Anatomy and Cell Biology of the Hard Tissue, Department of Tissue Regeneration and Reconstruction, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata 951 8514, Japan
Dev Biol 363:52-61. 2012....
- Cytoprotective effects of hesperetin and hesperidin against amyloid β-induced impairment of glucose transport through downregulation of neuronal autophagyShang Ming Huang
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Nutr Food Res 56:601-9. 2012..This study investigated whether flavonoids, such as hesperetin and hesperidin, inhibited amyloid β (Aβ)-impaired glucose utilization through regulating cellular autophagy in insulin-stimulated neuronal cells...
- A systematic analysis of a deep mouse epididymal sperm proteomeTheodore Chauvin
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Spokane, Washington 99201, USA
Biol Reprod 87:141. 2012..This proteome should prove a useful tool for assembly and testing of protein networks important for sperm function...
- Temporal and spatial distribution of murine placental and brain GLUT3-luciferase transgene as a readout of in vivo transcriptionShanthie Thamotharan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Neonatal Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E254-66. 2013To investigate in vivo transcription of the facilitative glucose transporter isoform-GLUT3 gene, we created GLUT3-firefly luciferase transgenic mouse lines that demonstrate tissue-specific [adult: brain > testis ≥ skeletal muscle &..
- Creb1-Mecp2-(m)CpG complex transactivates postnatal murine neuronal glucose transporter isoform 3 expressionYongjun Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Neonatal Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine University of California LosAngeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
Endocrinology 154:1598-611. 2013The murine neuronal facilitative glucose transporter isoform 3 (Glut3) is developmentally regulated, peaking in expression at postnatal day (PN)14...
- The glucose transporter family: structure, function and tissue-specific expressionG W Gould
Department of Biochemistry, University of Glasgow, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 295:329-41. 1993
- Gestational changes of glucose transporter gene expression in the mouse placenta and deciduaM Yamaguchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
J Endocrinol Invest 19:567-9. 1996..In this study, the gestational changes of GLUT1 and GLUT3 mRNA level in the mouse placenta and decidua were analyzed by Northern blot analysis...
- Localization of low-density detergent-resistant membrane proteins in intact and acrosome-reacted mouse spermPatricia V Miranda
Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
Biol Reprod 80:897-904. 2009..Taking into consideration the requirement of the acrosome reaction for sperm to become fusogenic, these results suggest that membrane raft dynamics may have a role in sperm-egg membrane interaction...
- Vitamin C enters mouse T cells as dehydroascorbic acid in vitro and does not recapitulate in vivo vitamin C effectsHyung Gun Maeng
Department of Anatomy and Tumor Immunity Medical Research Center, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 799, Republic of Korea
Immunobiology 214:311-20. 2009..Application of vitamin C to T cells in vitro did not recapitulate previously reported in vivo responses to vitamin C, suggesting that in vivo, vitamin C modulates T cells indirectly through other components of the microenvironment...
- Canine brain glucose transporter 3: gene sequence, phylogenetic comparisons and analysis of functional sitesN D Borson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Duluth, 55812, USA
Gene 168:251-6. 1996There has been a sparsity of various mammalian neuronal glucose transporter 3-encoding sequences(Glut3) available for the purposes of alignment studies...
- Hyperglycemia reduces mitochondrial content and glucose transporter expression in mouse embryos developing in vitroXing Hui Shen
Department of Animal Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Korea
J Reprod Dev 55:534-41. 2009..Both transcripts and protein synthesis of the glucose transporters Glut1 and Glut3 were reduced in blastocysts cultured in the presence of either 25 or 55 mM glucose...
- Syncytin-A knockout mice demonstrate the critical role in placentation of a fusogenic, endogenous retrovirus-derived, envelope geneAnne Dupressoir
Unité des rétrovirus endogènes et éléments rétroïdes des eucaryotes supérieurs, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8122, Centre National de Recherche Scientifique, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif, and Université Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12127-32. 2009....
- Mouse chromosomal location of three epithelial sodium channel subunit genes and an apical sodium chloride cotransporter geneB G Pathak
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland, 21702, USA
Genomics 33:124-7. 1996..These loci map to previously defined homologous regions between human and mouse chromosomes and provide additional information regarding human/mouse comparative mapping...
- Brain glucose transporter (Glut3) haploinsufficiency does not impair mouse brain glucose uptakeCharles A Stuart
East Tennessee State University Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, TN, USA
Brain Res 1384:15-22. 2011..Glut1 is an endothelial marker and is the principal glucose transporter of the blood-brain barrier. Glut3 and Glut6 are expressed in glial cells and neural cells...
- Fetal overgrowth in the Cdkn1c mouse model of Beckwith-Wiedemann syndromeSimon J Tunster
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, CF10 3AX, UK
Dis Model Mech 4:814-21. 2011....
- Endotoxin-induced enhancement of glucose influx into murine peritoneal macrophages via GLUT1M Fukuzumi
Department of Microbiology, Ehime University School of Medicine, Japan
Infect Immun 64:108-12. 1996..These results suggest that macrophage responses to LPS are supported by a rapid and sustained glucose influx via GLUT1 and that this is a participating factor in the development of systemic hypoglycemia when endotoxemia is prolonged...
- Altered placental function of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 2 knockout miceCaitlin S Wyrwoll
Endocrinology Unit, Queen s Medical Research Institute, Centre for Cardiovascular Science, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 150:1287-93. 2009..Our data suggest that restriction of fetal growth in 11beta-HSD2(-/-) mice is mediated, at least in part, via altered placental transport of nutrients and reduction in placental vascularization...
- Gene expression of GLUT3 glucose transporter regulated by glucose in vivo in mouse brain and in vitro in neuronal cell cultures from rat embryosS Nagamatsu
Department of Biochemistry, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem J 300:125-31. 1994This study was designed to determine whether glucose regulates the gene expression of glucose transporter GLUT3 in neurons...
- Difference in allelic expression of genes probably associated with tumor progression in murine fibrosarcomas and cell linesH Ohtsuka
First Department of Biochemistry, Niigata University School of Medicine
Jpn J Cancer Res 85:1015-22. 1994..In some of the tumors and cell lines, p53, E-cadherin and Glut3 genes showed remarkable differences in allelic expression, one allele being poorly expressed...
- Glucose transporter proteins in brainF Maher
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
FASEB J 8:1003-11. 1994..concentration at the blood-brain barrier as well as in parenchymal cells (45-kDa form), most likely in astrocytes, GLUT3 expressed in neurons, and GLUT5 in microglia...
- Glucose transporter expression and functional role of hexokinase in insulin biosynthesis in mouse beta TC3 cellsS Nagamatsu
Department of Biochemistry, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol 269:C480-6. 1995....
- Evidence for a family of human glucose transporter-like proteins. Sequence and gene localization of a protein expressed in fetal skeletal muscle and other tissuesT Kayano
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
J Biol Chem 263:15245-8. 1988..The identification and characterization of a third human glucose transporter-related protein suggests that there is a family of proteins having similar sequences and structures which are involved in nutrient transport by mammalian cells...
- Expression of mouse-GLUT3 and human-GLUT3 glucose transporter proteins in brainF Maher
Experimental Diabetes, Metabolism and Nutrition Section, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 182:703-11. 1992Polyclonal anti-peptide antisera were raised to the C-terminal sequence of mouse- and human-GLUT3 glucose transporter isoforms...
- Expression of the brain-type glucose transporter is restricted to brain and neuronal cells in miceG W Gould
Department of Biochemistry, University of Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Diabetologia 35:304-9. 1992..blot analysis of human tissues has demonstrated the expression of the brain-type glucose transporter isoform (GLUT 3) in liver, muscle and fat, raising the possibility that this transporter isoform may play a role in the regulation ..
- The rhombotin gene family encode related LIM-domain proteins whose differing expression suggests multiple roles in mouse developmentL Foroni
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, U K
J Mol Biol 226:747-61. 1992..These results suggest multiple cellular targets for the action of these proteins during development...
- Assignment of a novel protein tyrosine phosphatase gene (Hcph) to mouse chromosome 6T Yi
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105
Genomics 14:793-5. 1992..Using a genomic probe in interspecific backcross analysis, the murine Hcph gene maps to mouse Chromosome 6 and is tightly linked to the Tnfr-2 and Ly-4 genes...
- Molecular cloning of murine homologue dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA) cDNA: strong conservation of a polymorphic CAG repeat in the murine geneM Oyake
Department of Neurology, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Genomics 40:205-7. 1997
- Organization of the mouse microfibril-associated glycoprotein-2 (MAGP-2) geneC Frankfater
Department of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mamm Genome 11:191-5. 2000..We have characterized both mRNA species and determined that they do not code for different variants of the protein...
- Prenatal expression of the GLUT4 glucose transporter in the mouseS J Vannucci
Department of Pediatrics and Neuroscience and Anatomy, Hershey Medical Center, Penn State University College of Medicine, 17033, USA
Dev Neurosci 22:274-82. 2000..These findings suggest that GLUT4-mediated glucose transport may play important roles during development of the brain and nonneuronal tissues in the mouse embryo...
- Glucose uptake, utilization, and signaling in GLUT2-null isletsM T Guillam
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Diabetes 49:1485-91. 2000..We show that in the absence of GLUT2, no compensatory expression of either GLUT1 or GLUT3 is observed and that glucokinase is expressed at normal levels...
- Targeted mutation of the murine arylhydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator 2 (Arnt2) gene reveals partial redundancy with ArntB Keith
Departments of Medicine and Cell and Developmental Biology, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:6692-7. 2001..5. These results demonstrate that Arnt and Arnt2 have both unique and overlapping essential functions in embryonic development...
- Immunohistochemical localization and quantification of glucose transporters in the mouse brainC Choeiri
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Vanier Building, Room 202, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1N 6N5
Neuroscience 111:19-34. 2002..In the brain, Glut2, Glut5 and Glut8 are found at relatively low levels whereas Glut1, Glut3 and Glut4 were reported in abundance in several brain regions...
- Differential screening of a PCR-generated mouse embryo cDNA library: glucose transporters are differentially expressed in early postimplantation mouse embryosD E Smith
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 116:555-61. 1992..Expression of Glut-1 was fairly widespread in the embryo at 8.5 dpc, but by 10.5 dpc expression was down-regulated and was observed in the eye and the spinal cord.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- In vitro analysis of the glucose-transport system in GLUT4-null skeletal muscleJ W Ryder
Department of Clinical Physiology, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem J 342:321-8. 1999..Neither GLUT3 nor GLUT5 appeared to account for insulin-stimulated glucose-transport activity in wild-type or GLUT4-null muscle...
- Adaptation of nutrient supply to fetal demand in the mouse involves interaction between the Igf2 gene and placental transporter systemsMiguel Constancia
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics and Imprinting, The Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:19219-24. 2005..this up-regulation of transport occurs, at least in part, through increased expression of the transporter genes Slc2a3 and Slc38a4, the imprinted member of the System A amino acid transporter gene family...
- Placental glucose transporter expression is regulated by glucocorticoidsT Hahn
Institute of Histology and Embryology, University of Graz, Austria
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:1445-52. 1999..In the present study, the glucose carrier proteins GLUT1 and GLUT3 were localized in the trophoblast and endothelium of the human, rat, and mouse placenta...
- Identification of oscillatory genes in somitogenesis from functional genomic analysis of a human mesenchymal stem cell modelDilusha A William
Division of Human Genetics and Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3615 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 305:172-86. 2007..Our results demonstrate that human and mouse in vitro models can recapitulate oscillatory expression observed in embryo and that a number of genes in multiple developmental pathways display dynamic expression in vitro...
- Characterization of genes which exhibit reduced expression during the retinoic acid-induced differentiation of F9 teratocarcinoma cells: involvement of cyclin D3 in RA-mediated growth arrestT N Faria
Department of Pharmacology, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 143:155-66. 1998..described in other contexts: 1-4 (cyclin D3); 2-10 (pyruvate kinase); 2-12 (glutathione S-transferase); and 2-17 (GLUT 3)...
- Synergistic function of E2F7 and E2F8 is essential for cell survival and embryonic developmentJing Li
Department of Molecular Virology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dev Cell 14:62-75. 2008..These results identify E2F7 and E2F8 as a unique repressive arm of the E2F transcriptional network that is critical for embryonic development and control of the E2F1-p53 apoptotic axis...
- p53 regulates glucose metabolism through an IKK-NF-kappaB pathway and inhibits cell transformationKeiko Kawauchi
Department of Molecular Oncology, Institute of Gerontology, Nippon Medical School, Kosugi cho 1 396, Nakahara ku, Kawasaki shi, Kanagawa 211 8533, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 10:611-8. 2008..Activation of NF-kappaB, by loss of p53, caused an increase in the rate of aerobic glycolysis and upregulation of Glut3. Oncogenic Ras-induced cell transformation and acceleration of aerobic glycolysis in p53-deficient cells were ..
- Maternal hyperglycemia alters glucose transport and utilization in mouse preimplantation embryosK H Moley
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Physiol 275:E38-47. 1998..These findings suggest that, in response to a maternal diabetic state, preimplantation mouse embryos experience a decrease in glucose utilization directly related to a decrease in glucose transport at both the mRNA and protein levels...
- Overexpression of thioredoxin-1 reduces oxidative stress in the placenta of transgenic mice and promotes fetal growth via glucose metabolismTakashi Umekawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Endocrinology 149:3980-8. 2008..In particular, increased hTRX-1 activity and the resulting modified placental redox state may play an important role in fetal growth by increasing the availability of glucose...
- Endocannabinoid signaling controls pyramidal cell specification and long-range axon patterningJan Mulder
Department of Neuroscience, Retzius vag 8, and Division of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Scheeles vag 1, Karolinska Institutet, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8760-5. 2008..Likewise, axonal pathfinding becomes impaired after in utero pharmacological blockade of CB(1)Rs. Overall, eCBs are fundamental developmental cues controlling pyramidal cell development during corticogenesis...
- Molecular identification and functional characterization of the vitamin C transporters expressed by Sertoli cellsConstanza Angulo
Instituto de Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Austral de Chile, Valdivia, Chile
J Cell Physiol 217:708-16. 2008..OMG) transport by 42GPA9 Sertoli cells correspond to facilitative hexose transporters GLUT1, GLUT2 and GLUT3 expressed in these cells...
- Metabolic mode peculiar to Meckel's cartilage: immunohistochemical comparisons of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha and glucose transporters in developing endochondral bones in miceYasunori Sakakura
Division of Anatomy, Department of Oral Growth and Development, School of Dentistry, Heath Sciences University of Hokkaido, Hokkaido, Japan
Eur J Oral Sci 116:341-52. 2008..for hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha), glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1), glucose transporter 3 (GLUT3), and glucose transporter 5 (GLUT5), and using enzyme histochemistry for glucose-6-phosphate isomerase (GPI), ..
- A novel LPS-inducible C-type lectin is a transcriptional target of NF-IL6 in macrophagesM Matsumoto
Department of Host Defense, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Japan
J Immunol 163:5039-48. 1999..The Mincle gene locus was mapped at 0.6 centiMorgans proximal to CD4 on mouse chromosome 6...
- Novel mouse microsatellites: primer sequences and chromosomal locationT Suda
First Department of Biochemistry, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
DNA Res 1:169-74. 1994..The microsatellites were distributed to most chromosomes except for chromosomes 16 and 19. These novel markers with defined locations are useful in linkage and genome mapping studies...
- Physical mapping of the autoimmune disease susceptibility locus, Bphs: co-localization with a cluster of genes from the TNF receptor superfamily on mouse chromosome 6N D Meeker
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, 2001 South Lincoln Ave, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61802, USA
Mamm Genome 10:858-63. 1999..However, the location of Bphs, together with physiologic effects it shares with Tnfr1 activation, suggest that Bphs may prove to be another member of the TNF receptor superfamily...
- Role of Placental Transport In Fetal GrowthSherin Devaskar; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>GLUT 3, a specific facilitative glucose transporter is expressed in the trophoectoderm/trophoblasts of the placenta and ..
- POSTNATAL ASPECTS OF A GLUCOSE TRANSPORTERSherin Devaskar; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>GLUT 3, a specific facilitative glucose transporter is the predominant neuronal isoform that meets the high demand of ..
- PERINATAL METABOLIC AND HORMONAL EFFECTSSherin U Devaskar; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of our proposed investigations will fill vital gaps in our knowledge and provide the molecular and cellular basis for perinatal nutritional perturbations causing permanent changes in feeding behavior/energy expenditure. ..