Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc2a12
Description: solute carrier family 2 (facilitated glucose transporter), member 12
Alias: GLUT-12, Glut12, solute carrier family 2, facilitated glucose transporter member 12, facilitated glucose transporter, glucose transporter type 12, solute carrier family 2, member 12
- Similar [DE]XXXL[LI] motifs differentially target GLUT8 and GLUT12 in Chinese hamster ovary cellsLauren B Flessner
Department of Obsetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Traffic 10:324-33. 2009..The recently identified class III GLUT12 is predominantly expressed in insulin-sensitive tissues such as heart, fat and skeletal muscle...
- Extra-nuclear telomerase reverse transcriptase (TERT) regulates glucose transport in skeletal muscle cellsFozia Shaheen
Division of Metabolic and Vascular Health, Warwick Medical School, Clinical Sciences Research Laboratories, University of Warwick, CV2 2DX, UK Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:1762-9. 2014..Collectively, these findings identified a novel extra-nuclear function of TERT that regulates an insulin-insensitive pathway involved in glucose uptake in human and mouse skeletal muscle cells. ..
- GLUT12 functions as a basal and insulin-independent glucose transporter in the heartAmanda P Waller
College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1832:121-7. 2013..Although GLUT4 is the predominant isoform in insulin-sensitive tissues, there is recent evidence that GLUT12 could be a novel second insulin-sensitive GLUT...
- Expression of Class III facilitative glucose transporter genes (GLUT-10 and GLUT-12) in mouse and human adipose tissuesI Stuart Wood
Liverpool Centre for Nutritional Genomics, Neuroendocrine and Obesity Biology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 308:43-9. 2003..Both GLUT-10 and GLUT-12 expression was also found in human adipose tissue (subcutaneous and omental) and SGBS adipocytes. It is concluded that white fat expresses a wide range of facilitative glucose transporters...
- Identification of the facilitative glucose transporter 12 gene Glut12 in mouse preimplantation embryosYuchan Zhou
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Gene Expr Patterns 4:621-31. 2004In this study we report the cloning and characterisation of the mouse Glut12 gene and examine for the first time its expression pattern in the earliest stages of development...
- The amino acids upstream of NH(2)-terminal dileucine motif play a role in regulating the intracellular sorting of the Class III transporters GLUT8 and GLUT12Lauren B Aerni-Flessner
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 USA
Mol Membr Biol 28:30-41. 2011..The class III glucose transporters GLUT8 and GLUT12 both contain a similar [DE]XXXL[LI] dileucine sorting signal in their amino terminus...
- Adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in the mouse preimplantation embryo and uterusS T Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hum Reprod 26:82-95. 2011..Our objective was to define the expression and hormonal regulation of Adipoq and its receptors in the mouse preimplantation embryo and uterus...
- Improved insulin sensitivity by GLUT12 overexpression in miceScott H Purcell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Diabetes 60:1478-82. 2011Evidence suggests that insulin-sensitive glucose transporters (GLUTs) other than GLUT4 may exist. To investigate whether GLUT12 may represent another insulin-sensitive GLUT, transgenic (TG) mice that overexpress GLUT12 were characterized.