Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sirt2
Description: sirtuin 2
Alias: 5730427M03Rik, SIR2L2, Sir2l, NAD-dependent protein deacetylase sirtuin-2, NAD-dependent deacetylase sirtuin-2, SIR2-like protein 2, mSIR2L2, regulatory protein SIR2 homolog 2, silent mating type information regulation 2, (S.cerevisiae, homolog)-like; sirtuin 2
- SirT2 is a histone deacetylase with preference for histone H4 Lys 16 during mitosisAlejandro Vaquero
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Genes Dev 20:1256-61. 2006The mammalian cytoplasmic protein SirT2 is a member of the Sir2 family of NAD+-dependent protein deacetylases involved in caloric restriction-dependent life span extension...
- The NAD-dependent deacetylase sirtuin 2 is a suppressor of microglial activation and brain inflammationTeresa Faria Pais
Cell and Molecular Neuroscience Unit, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Lisboa, Portugal
EMBO J 32:2603-16. 2013..Here, we identified sirtuin 2 (SIRT2), an abundant deacetylase in the brain, as a major inhibitor of microglia-mediated inflammation and neurotoxicity...
- SIRT2 deacetylates FOXO3a in response to oxidative stress and caloric restrictionFei Wang
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Aging Cell 6:505-14. 2007..The mammalian ortholog of Hst2, SIRT2, was shown to co-localize with microtubules and functions as alpha-tubulin deacetylase...
- SIRT2 regulates adipocyte differentiation through FoxO1 acetylation/deacetylationEnxuan Jing
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cell Metab 6:105-14. 2007The family of mammalian Sirtuin proteins comprises seven members homologous to yeast Sir2. Here we show that SIRT2, a cytoplasmic sirtuin, is the most abundant sirtuin in adipocytes...
- Sirt2 suppresses inflammatory responses in collagen-induced arthritisJiangtao Lin
Department of Orthopaedics, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, 44 Wenhua Xi Road, Jinan, Shandong 250012, PR China Department of Orthopaedics, Yantaishan Hospital, 91 Jiefang Road, Yantai, Shandong 264001, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 441:897-903. 2013..Here in this study, we demonstrate that Sirt2 inhibits collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) using in vivo and in vitro evidence...
- PEP-1-SIRT2 inhibits inflammatory response and oxidative stress-induced cell death via expression of antioxidant enzymes in murine macrophagesMi Jin Kim
Department of Biomedical Science and Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Hallym University, Chunchon 200 702, Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 63:432-45. 2013Sirtuin 2 (SIRT2), a member of the sirtuin family of proteins, plays an important role in cell survival. However, the biological function of SIRT2 protein is unclear with respect to inflammation and oxidative stress...
- SIRT2 suppresses adipocyte differentiation by deacetylating FOXO1 and enhancing FOXO1's repressive interaction with PPARgammaFei Wang
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:801-8. 2009..have previously reported that caloric restriction increases the expression of one of the seven mammalian sirtuins, SIRT2, in tissues such as white adipose tissue...
- Dietary obesity-associated Hif1α activation in adipocytes restricts fatty acid oxidation and energy expenditure via suppression of the Sirt2-NAD+ systemJaya Krishnan
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Genes Dev 26:259-70. 2012..is linked to its capacity to suppress β-oxidation, in part, through transcriptional repression of sirtuin 2 (Sirt2) NAD(+)-dependent deacetylase...
- SIRT2 maintains genome integrity and suppresses tumorigenesis through regulating APC/C activityHyun Seok Kim
Genetics of Development and Disease Branch, 10 9N105, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 20:487-99. 2011..To investigate the physiological functions of SIRT2 in development and tumorigenesis, we disrupted Sirt2 in mice...
- SIRT2 regulates NF-κB dependent gene expression through deacetylation of p65 Lys310Karin M Rothgiesser
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrase 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 123:4251-8. 2010..In this study, we identified SIRT2 as a deacetylase of the transcription factor p65...
- Sir-two-homolog 2 (Sirt2) modulates peripheral myelination through polarity protein Par-3/atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) signalingBogdan Beirowski
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:E952-61. 2011..to examine peripheral nerve myelination and identified the NAD(+)-dependent deacetylase Sir-two-homolog 2 (Sirt2) as a protein likely to be involved in myelination...
- The Sirtuin 2 microtubule deacetylase is an abundant neuronal protein that accumulates in the aging CNSMichele M Maxwell
MassGeneral Institute for Neurodegenerative Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:3986-96. 2011Sirtuin 2 (SIRT2) is one of seven known mammalian protein deacetylases homologous to the yeast master lifespan regulator Sir2...
- Mammalian SIRT2 inhibits keratin 19 expression and is a tumor suppressor in skinMei Ming
Section of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Exp Dermatol 23:207-9. 2014b>SIRT2 is a member of the mammalian sirtuin family (SIRT1-7). As compared with other sirtuins, SIRT2 is found primarily in the cytoplasm. It regulates multiple physiological processes...
- Regulation of G6PD acetylation by SIRT2 and KAT9 modulates NADPH homeostasis and cell survival during oxidative stressYi Ping Wang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine of Ministry of Education and Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Shanghai Medical College College of Life Science Fudan University, Shanghai, China
EMBO J 33:1304-20. 2014..Moreover, we show that cells sense extracellular oxidative stimuli to decrease G6PD acetylation in a SIRT2-dependent manner...
- SIRT2 regulates tumour hypoxia response by promoting HIF-1α hydroxylationK S Seo
Department of Biochemistry, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
Oncogene 34:1354-62. 2015..In this study, it is shown that SIRT2-mediated deacetylation of HIF-1α regulates its stability in tumour cells...
- Is SIRT2 required for necroptosis?Kim Newton
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 506:E4-6. 2014..Recently Narayan et al., reported that SIRT2 was required for necroptosis based on their findings that SIRT2 inhibition, knock-down or knock-out prevented ..
- Changes in microtubule-related proteins and autophagy in long-term vitamin E-deficient miceK Fukui
Physiological Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Bioscience and Engineering, College of Systems Engineering and Sciences, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Saitama, Japan
Free Radic Res 48:649-58. 2014..These results indicate that the mechanisms of axonal injury in long-term vitamin E-deficient mice are related to dysfunction in microtubules assembly via alterations in microtubule-related proteins and autophagy...
- Sirt2 deacetylase is a novel AKT binding partner critical for AKT activation by insulinGopalakrishnan Ramakrishnan
From the Cancer Institute and Department of Biochemistry, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216
J Biol Chem 289:6054-66. 2014..Here, we identify the cytoplasmic NAD(+)-dependent deacetylase, Sirt2, as a novel AKT interactor, required for optimal AKT activation...
- SIRT2 regulates ciliogenesis and contributes to abnormal centrosome amplification caused by loss of polycystin-1Xia Zhou
Department of Internal Medicine
Hum Mol Genet 23:1644-55. 2014..Here, we present for the first time that SIRT2, a nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD)-dependent deacetylase, regulates ciliogenesis and centrosome ..
- Sirt2 functions in spindle organization and chromosome alignment in mouse oocyte meiosisLiang Zhang
2State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Rd, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210029 China
FASEB J 28:1435-45. 2014..Here, by confocal scanning and quantitative analysis, we show that specific depletion of Sirt2 in mouse oocytes results in spindle defects and chromosome disorganization (35.5±8.7 vs. 9.6±3...
- Activation of GSK3β by Sirt2 is required for early lineage commitment of mouse embryonic stem cellXiaoxing Si
Clinical and Translational Research Center of Shanghai First Maternity and Infant Health Hospital, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Signaling and Disease Research, School of Life Science and Technology, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e76699. 2013b>Sirt2, a member of the NAD(+)-dependent protein deacetylase family, is increasingly recognized as a critical regulator of the cell cycle, cellular necrosis and cytoskeleton organization...
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase mediates both cell death and ATP decreases in SIRT2 inhibitor AGK2-treated microglial BV2 cellsYexin Li
School of Biomedical Engineering and Med X Research Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200030, PR China
Neurosci Lett 544:36-40. 2013Sirtuin 2 (SIRT2), a sirtuin family protein, is a tubulin deacetylase...
- SIRT2 negatively regulates insulin resistance in C2C12 skeletal muscle cellsAmita Arora
Kusuma School of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:1372-8. 2014b>SIRT2 is primarily a cytoplasmic protein deacetylase and is abundantly expressed in metabolically active tissues like adipocytes and brain. However, its role, if any, in regulating insulin signaling in skeletal muscle cells, is not known...
- SIRT2 induces the checkpoint kinase BubR1 to increase lifespanBrian J North
Department of Genetics, Paul F Glenn Laboratories for the Biological Mechanisms of Aging Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
EMBO J 33:1438-53. 2014..Here, we show that the loss of BubR1 levels with age is due to a decline in NAD(+) and the ability of SIRT2 to maintain lysine-668 of BubR1 in a deacetylated state, which is counteracted by the acetyltransferase CBP...
- SIRT2 interacts with β-catenin to inhibit Wnt signaling output in response to radiation-induced stressPhuongmai Nguyen
Radiation Oncology Branch, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland
Mol Cancer Res 12:1244-53. 2014..Therefore, the hypothesis that sirtuin 2 (SIRT2) directly interacts with β-catenin and whether this interaction alters the expression of Wnt target genes to ..
- Tissue-specific deregulation of selected HDACs characterizes ALS progression in mouse models: pharmacological characterization of SIRT1 and SIRT2 pathwaysC Valle
1 Institute for Cell Biology and Neurobiology, CNR, Rome, Italy 2 Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Cell Death Dis 5:e1296. 2014..We have then focused on class III histone deacetylases SIRT1 and SIRT2 that are considered relevant in neurodegenerative diseases...
- SIRT2 ameliorates lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in macrophagesAe Sin Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 450:1363-9. 2014b>SIRT2 is a NAD(+)-dependent deacetylases and associated with numerous processes such as infection, carcinogenesis, DNA damage and cell cycle regulation. However, the role of SIRT2 in inflammatory process in macrophage remains unclear.
- SIRT2 deficiency modulates macrophage polarization and susceptibility to experimental colitisGiuseppe Lo Sasso
Laboratory for Integrative and Systems Physiology, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 9:e103573. 2014b>SIRT2 belongs to a highly conserved family of NAD+-dependent deacylases, consisting of seven members (SIRT1-SIRT7), which vary in subcellular localizations and have substrates ranging from histones to transcription factors and enzymes...
- SIRT2 is required for lipopolysaccharide-induced activation of BV2 microgliaHeyu Chen
aMed X Research Institute, School of Biomedical Engineering bDepartment of Neurology, Ruijin Hospital cDepartment of Neurology, Third People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Neuroreport 26:88-93. 2015It has been reported that inhibition of sirtuin 2 (SIRT2), a sirtuin family protein, can decrease cellular and tissue injuries in models of Parkinson's disease (PD) and Huntington's disease (HD); however, the mechanisms underlying these ..
- Acetylation of TUG protein promotes the accumulation of GLUT4 glucose transporters in an insulin-responsive intracellular compartmentJonathan P Belman
From the Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Cell Biology
J Biol Chem 290:4447-63. 2015..Sirtuin 2 (SIRT2), a NAD(+)-dependent deacetylase, bound TUG and deacetylated the TUG peptide...
- Myeloid Sirtuin 2 Expression Does Not Impact Long-Term Mycobacterium tuberculosis ControlFilipa Cardoso
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal ICVS 3B s PT Government Associate Laboratory, Braga Guimarães, Portugal
PLoS ONE 10:e0131904. 2015..Recently, Sirt2 was shown to prevent the development of inflammatory processes and its expression favors acute Listeria ..
- Group IVA Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 Regulates the G2-to-M Transition by Modulating the Activity of Tumor Suppressor SIRT2Said Movahedi Naini
Renal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 35:3768-84. 2015The G2-to-M transition (or prophase) checkpoint of the cell cycle is a critical regulator of mitotic entry. SIRT2, a tumor suppressor gene, contributes to the control of this checkpoint by blocking mitotic entry under cellular stress...
- Radiation-Induced Alteration of the Brain Proteome: Understanding the Role of the Sirtuin 2 Deacetylase in a Murine ModelSudhanshu Shukla
Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, United States
J Proteome Res 14:4104-17. 2015..A deacetylase expressed in the central nervous system, Sirtuin 2 (SIRT2), has been linked to neurodegeneration...
- Insight into the Mechanism of Intramolecular Inhibition of the Catalytic Activity of Sirtuin 2 (SIRT2)Jinyu Li
Computational Biomedicine, Institute for Advanced Simulation IAS 5 and Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine INM 9, Forschungszentrum Julich, 52425, Julich, Germany Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, RWTH Aachen University, 52057, Aachen, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0139095. 2015Sirtuin 2 (SIRT2) is a NAD+-dependent deacetylase that has been associated with neurodegeneration and cancer...
- Chronic stress and antidepressant induced changes in Hdac5 and Sirt2 affect synaptic plasticityM Erburu
Dept Pharmacology and Toxicology University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 25:2036-48. 2015..CSDS increased Hdac5 and Sirt2 mRNA whereas repeated imipramine did the opposite...
- Nutritional stress exacerbates hepatic steatosis induced by deletion of the histidine nucleotide-binding (Hint2) mitochondrial proteinJuliette Martin
Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland and Department of Hepatology, Gastroenterology and
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 310:G497-509. 2016..The absence of Hint2 deregulates the posttranslational modification of several mitochondrial proteins, which impedes the adaptation to episodes of nutritional stress. ..
- Sirtuin 2 (SIRT2) enhances 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP)-induced nigrostriatal damage via deacetylating forkhead box O3a (Foxo3a) and activating Bim proteinLei Liu
Department of Neuroscience, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 287:32307-11. 2012..b>SIRT2 is a strong deacetylase that is highly expressed in brain. It has been associated with neurodegenerative diseases...
- SIRT1 deacetylation and repression of p300 involves lysine residues 1020/1024 within the cell cycle regulatory domain 1Toula Bouras
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Rd, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Biol Chem 280:10264-76. 2005..Because p300 is a limiting transcriptional cofactor, deacetylation and repression of p300 by SIRT1 may serve an important integration point during metabolism and cellular differentiation...
- Essential role of SIRT1 signaling in the nucleus accumbens in cocaine and morphine actionDeveroux Ferguson
Fishberg Department of Neuroscience and Friedman Brain Institute, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York 10029, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 78229, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, and Laboratory of Muscle Stem Cells and Gene Regulation, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Neurosci 33:16088-98. 2013..Here, we establish an essential role for SIRT1 and SIRT2 in regulating behavioral responses to cocaine and morphine through actions in the nucleus accumbens (NAc), a key ..
- Regulation of adipogenesis by cytoskeleton remodelling is facilitated by acetyltransferase MEC-17-dependent acetylation of α-tubulinWulin Yang
Laboratory of Metabolic Medicine, Singapore Bioimaging Consortium, Agency for Science, Technology and Research A STAR, Singapore
Biochem J 449:605-12. 2013..Moreover, acetylation of α-tubulin is under the control of the acetyltransferase MEC-17 and deacetylases SIRT2 (Sirtuin 2) and HDAC6 (histone deacetylase 6)...
- Microtubule-driven spatial arrangement of mitochondria promotes activation of the NLRP3 inflammasomeTakuma Misawa
Laboratory of Host Defense, World Premier International Research Center Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Nat Immunol 14:454-60. 2013..Therefore, in addition to direct activation of NLRP3, the creation of optimal sites for signal transduction by microtubules is required for activation of the entire NLRP3 inflammasome...
- Furry promotes acetylation of microtubules in the mitotic spindle by inhibition of SIRT2 tubulin deacetylaseTomoaki Nagai
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8578, Japan
J Cell Sci 126:4369-80. 2013..We also found that Fry binds to the tubulin deacetylase SIRT2, preferentially in mitotic cells...
- The tumor suppressor SirT2 regulates cell cycle progression and genome stability by modulating the mitotic deposition of H4K20 methylationLourdes Serrano
Department of Genetics, The Human Genetics Institute of New Jersey, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Genes Dev 27:639-53. 2013..However, the mechanisms involved in the regulation of this event are not well understood. Here we show that SirT2 regulates H4K20me1 deposition through the deacetylation of H4K16Ac (acetylation of H4K16) and determines the ..
- A role for SIRT2-dependent histone H3K18 deacetylation in bacterial infectionHaig A Eskandarian
Unité des Interactions Bactéries Cellules, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Science 341:1238858. 2013..We found that during infection with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes, the host deacetylase sirtuin 2 (SIRT2) translocates to the nucleus, in a manner dependent on the bacterial factor InlB...
- SIRT2 interferes with autophagy-mediated degradation of protein aggregates in neuronal cells under proteasome inhibitionJiyeong Gal
College of Pharmacy, CHA University, Seongnam si, South Korea
Neurochem Int 61:992-1000. 2012..Sirtuin-2 (SIRT2) is a class III histone deacetylase that is expressed abundantly in aging brain tissue...
- Integration of β-catenin, sirtuin, and FOXO signaling protects from mutant huntingtin toxicityJ Alex Parker
INSERM, Unit 894, Laboratory of Neuronal Cell Biology and Pathology, 75014 Paris, France
J Neurosci 32:12630-40. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that integration of β-catenin, sirtuin and FOXO signaling protects from the early phases of mutant huntingtin toxicity...
- The NAD-dependent deacetylase SIRT2 is required for programmed necrosisNisha Narayan
Center for Molecular Medicine, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 492:199-204. 2012..Here, we show that the NAD-dependent deacetylase SIRT2 binds constitutively to RIP3 and that deletion or knockdown of SIRT2 prevents formation of the RIP1-RIP3 complex ..
- Glucose and SIRT2 reciprocally mediate the regulation of keratin 8 by lysine acetylationNatasha T Snider
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Cell Biol 200:241-7. 2013..The NAD-dependent deacetylase sirtuin 2 (SIRT2) associated with and deacetylated K8...
- Hdac6 deletion delays disease progression in the SOD1G93A mouse model of ALSInes Taes
Experimental Neurology, Department of Neurosciences, Leuven Research Institute for Neuroscience and Disease LIND, University of Leuven KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Hum Mol Genet 22:1783-90. 2013..of the α-tubulin deacetylating enzymes, histone deacetylase 6 (Hdac6) and silent information regulator 2 (Sirt2), is thought to be an interesting therapeutic strategy for these conditions...
- The sirtuin 2 inhibitor AK-7 is neuroprotective in Huntington's disease mouse modelsVanita Chopra
Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129 4404, USA
Cell Rep 2:1492-7. 2012Inhibition of sirtuin 2 (SIRT2) deacetylase mediates protective effects in cell and invertebrate models of Parkinson's disease and Huntington's disease (HD)...
- SIRT2 ablation has no effect on tubulin acetylation in brain, cholesterol biosynthesis or the progression of Huntington's disease phenotypes in vivoAnna Bobrowska
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e34805. 2012..Previous studies in invertebrate and cell culture HD models have suggested that inhibition of SIRT2 could have beneficial consequences on disease progression...
- The QKI-PLP pathway controls SIRT2 abundance in CNS myelinH Zhu
Department of Neurology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Glia 60:69-82. 2012Sirtuin 2 (SIRT2), a nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD)-dependent deacetylase expressed by oligodendrocytes (OLs), the myelin-producing cells of the central nervous system (CNS), is markedly up-regulated during active myelination (..
- Sirt2 is a novel in vivo downstream target of Nkx2.2 and enhances oligodendroglial cell differentiationShaoping Ji
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, College of Pharmacy and Nutrition, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 5C9, Canada
J Mol Cell Biol 3:351-9. 2011Although Sirt2 is primarily expressed in oligodendrocytes of the central nervous system, its role in oligodendroglial lineage differentiation is not fully understood. Our findings demonstrate that the transcription factor Nkx2...
- The ATAC acetyl transferase complex controls mitotic progression by targeting non-histone substratesMeritxell Orpinell
Department of Functional Genomics, Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UMR 7104, INSERM U964, Universite de Strasbourg, Illkirch Cedex, France
EMBO J 29:2381-94. 2010..mitotic function: ATAC/Gcn5-mediated acetylation targets Cyclin A for degradation, which in turn regulates the SIRT2 deacetylase activity...
- Cloning and characterization of two mouse genes with homology to the yeast Sir2 geneY H Yang
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, Connecticut, 06536, USA
Genomics 69:355-69. 2000..Our results revealed that the two mouse Sir2-like proteins (mSIR2L2 and mSIR2L3) are most similar to the human Sir2-like proteins SIR2L2 and SIR2L3, respectively...
- Sirt3 protects in vitro-fertilized mouse preimplantation embryos against oxidative stress-induced p53-mediated developmental arrestYumiko Kawamura
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Invest 120:2817-28. 2010..These results indicate that Sirt3 plays a protective role in preimplantation embryos against stress conditions during in vitro fertilization and culture...
- MOF and histone H4 acetylation at lysine 16 are critical for DNA damage response and double-strand break repairGirdhar G Sharma
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:3582-95. 2010..We propose that MOF, through H4K16ac (histone code), has a critical role at multiple stages in the cellular DNA damage response and DSB repair...
- HDAC family: What are the cancer relevant targets?Olaf Witt
CCU Pediatric Oncology G340, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Lett 277:8-21. 2009..The aim of this review is to discuss individual HDAC family members as drug targets in cancer taking into consideration their function under physiological conditions and their oncogenic potential in malignant disease...
- Catalase alleviates cardiomyocyte dysfunction in diabetes: role of Akt, Forkhead transcriptional factor and silent information regulator 2Subat Turdi
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Center for Cardiovascular Research and Alternative Medicine, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Life Sci 81:895-905. 2007..blot analysis revealed that diabetes reduced Akt phosphorylation, enhanced the silent information regulator 2 (Sirt2), and upregulated Forkhead transcriptional factor Foxo3a as well as glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK-3beta) and ..
- Resveratrol abolishes resistance to axonal degeneration in slow Wallerian degeneration (WldS) mice: activation of SIRT2, an NAD-dependent tubulin deacetylaseKazuhiko Suzuki
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Division of Integrated Life Science, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Life Science, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 359:665-71. 2007..This promoting effect on tubulin deacetylation was mimicked by NAD, suggesting the involvement of SIRT2, an NAD-dependent tubulin deacetylase...
- Microtubule deacetylases, SirT2 and HDAC6, in the nervous systemCherie M Southwood
Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 3216 Scott Hall, 540 E Canfield Ave, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neurochem Res 32:187-95. 2007..Herein, we analyze two microtubule regulatory alpha-tubulin deacetylases, histone deacetylase-6 (HDAC6) and SirT2. HDAC6 is expressed by most neurons but is abundant in cerebellar Purkinje cells...
- RNAi-mediated Silencing of Mutant Superoxide DismutaseMICHELE MAXWELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, the therapeutic potential of RNAi will be assessed using viral delivery of shRNA to the spinal cords of mutant SOD1 transgenic mice. ..