Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Serpinf1
Description: serine (or cysteine) peptidase inhibitor, clade F, member 1
Alias: AI195227, EPC-1, Pedf, Pedfl, Sdf3, pigment epithelium-derived factor, SDF-3, alpha-2 antiplasmin, caspin, serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade F (alpha-2 antiplasmin, pigment epithelium derived factor), member 1, serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade F), member 1, serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade F, member 1, serpin F1, stromal cell-derived factor 3
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor regulates the vasculature and mass of the prostate and pancreasJennifer A Doll
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, 303 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, USA
Nat Med 9:774-80. 2003..Here, we identify the angiogenesis inhibitor pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) as a key inhibitor of stromal vasculature and epithelial tissue growth in mouse prostate and pancreas...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor restoration increases bone mass and improves bone plasticity in a model of osteogenesis imperfecta type VI via Wnt3a blockadeGlenn S Belinsky
Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
FASEB J 30:2837-48. 2016Null mutations in for pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), the protein product of the SERPINF1 gene, are the cause of osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) type VI...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor released by Müller glial cells exerts neuroprotective effects on retinal ganglion cellsJan Darius Unterlauft
Department of Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 10 14, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Neurochem Res 37:1524-33. 2012..Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is a naturally occurring pleiotropic secreted factor in the retina...
- Analysis of EPC-1 growth state-dependent expression, specificity, and conservation of related sequencesR J Pignolo
Center for Gerontological Research, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19129
J Cell Physiol 162:110-8. 1995..We also show that expression of the EPC-1 transcript is limited to specific cell types and that related genomic sequences are found in all mammalian species examined as well as in the chicken...
- Cigarette smoke-related hydroquinone dysregulates MCP-1, VEGF and PEDF expression in retinal pigment epithelium in vitro and in vivoMarianne Pons
Department of Ophthalmology, Miller School of Medicine, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16722. 2011..pro-angiogenic vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and anti-angiogenic pigment epithelial derived factor (PEDF) in RPE from smoker patients with AMD...
- A mouse model for human osteogenesis imperfecta type VIRosalind Bogan
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Bone Miner Res 28:1531-6. 2013Osteogenesis imperfecta type VI (OI type VI) has recently be linked to a mutation in the SERPINF1 gene, which encodes pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), a ubiquitously expressed protein originally described for its neurotrophic and ..
- Associations between pigment epithelium-derived factor, insulin resistance and high density lipoproteinS Pek
Clinical Research Unit, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Singapore
Diabet Med 30:1067-74. 2013....
- Proteinase 3 induces oxidative stress-mediated neuronal death in rat primary cortical neuronKyoung Ja Kwon
Department of Neurology, Institute of Advanced Biomedical Science, School of Medicine, Konkuk University, 120 Neungdong ro, Gwangjin gu, Seoul 143 701, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 548:67-72. 2013..These results suggest that proteinase 3 is new essential regulator of neuronal cell death pathway in a condition of excess neutrophil encounter in neuroinflammatory conditions. ..
- Dual regulation of adipose triglyceride lipase by pigment epithelium-derived factor: a novel mechanistic insight into progressive obesityZhiyu Dai
Department of Biochemistry, Zhongshan Medical School, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 377:123-34. 2013..Recent studies have demonstrated that pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) contributes to elevated plasma FFA and insulin resistance in obese mice via the activation of adipose triglyceride ..
- Protective role of small pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) peptide in diabetic renal injuryAlaa S Awad
Associate Professor of Medicine, and Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Penn State Univ, Hershey Medical Center, College of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, H040, 500 Univ Drive, P O Box 850, BMR Bldg, C5830, Hershey, PA 17033
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 305:F891-900. 2013Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is a multifunctional protein with antiangiogenic, antioxidative, and anti-inflammatory properties...
- Determination of mesenchymal stem cell fate by pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) results in increased adiposity and reduced bone mineral contentArijeet K Gattu
1Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 1080 LMP, New Haven, CT, USA
FASEB J 27:4384-94. 2013Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), the protein product of the SERPINF1 gene, has been linked to distinct diseases involving adipose or bone tissue, the metabolic syndrome, and osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) type VI...
- PEDF expression regulates the proangiogenic and proinflammatory phenotype of the lung endotheliumEui Seok Shin
Dept of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Univ of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Ave, K6 458 CSC, Madison, WI 53792 4673
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 306:L620-34. 2014Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is a multifunctional protein with important roles in regulation of inflammation and angiogenesis. It is produced by various cell types, including endothelial cells (EC)...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) suppresses IL-1β-mediated c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) activation to improve hepatocyte insulin signalingArijeet K Gattu
Sections of Digestive Diseases A K G, Y I, P P, C C Endocrinology, Department of Medicine A L B, V T S, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System P P, V T S, C C, West Haven, Connecticut 06516 Department of Biomedical Engineering S J, M S, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06511 Department of Pathology S E C, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104 and Department of Biomedical Sciences J D, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201
Endocrinology 155:1373-85. 2014Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is an antiinflammatory protein that circulates at high levels in the metabolic syndrome...
- Microarray meta-analysis identifies evolutionarily conserved BMP signaling targets in developing long bonesParitosh Prashar
Department of Biological Sciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur 208016, Uttar Pradesh, India
Dev Biol 389:192-207. 2014....
- Augmented expression and secretion of adipose-derived pigment epithelium-derived factor does not alter local angiogenesis or contribute to the development of systemic metabolic derangementsThomas V Lakeland
Biology of Lipid Metabolism Laboratory, Department of Physiology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 306:E1367-77. 2014..Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is a powerful antiangiogenic factor that is secreted by adipocytes, elevated in obesity, and implicated in the ..
- Synergistic antitumor effect of recombinant adeno-associated virus-mediated pigment epithelium-derived factor with hyperthermia on solid tumorQinjie Wu
1 State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hum Gene Ther 25:811-23. 2014..In this work we investigated whether therapy consisting of AAV-mediated pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) delivery combined with hyperthermia has synergistic antitumor effect on established solid tumors...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor mediates impaired lung vascular development in neonatal hyperoxiaAnne Chetty
1 Department of Pediatrics, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 52:295-303. 2015..We proposed that hyperoxia increases the potent angiostatin, pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), in neonatal lungs, inhibiting alveolarization and microvascularization...
- α2AP mediated myofibroblast formation and the development of renal fibrosis in unilateral ureteral obstructionYosuke Kanno
Department of Clinical Pathological Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Doshisha Women s Collage of Liberal Arts, 97 1 Kodo Kyo tanabe, Kyoto, 610 0395, Japan
Sci Rep 4:5967. 2014..Our findings suggest that α2AP induces myofibroblast formation in the obstructed kidneys, and mediates the development of renal fibrosis. ..
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor inhibits retinal microvascular dysfunction induced by 12/15-lipoxygenase-derived eicosanoidsAhmed S Ibrahim
Oral Biology and Anatomy, College of Dental Medicine, Georgia Regents University GRU, Augusta, GA, USA Culver Vision Discovery Institute, Medical College of Georgia MCG, GRU, Augusta, GA, USA Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mansoura University, Egypt
Biochim Biophys Acta 1851:290-8. 2015..balance in retinal levels of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF). Here, we test whether PEDF ameliorates retinal vascular injury induced by HETEs and the underlying mechanisms...
- Defects in subventricular zone pigmented epithelium-derived factor niche signaling in the senescence-accelerated mouse prone-8Paola Castro-García
Laboratorio de Células Madre, Centro Regional de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Albacete, Spain Unidad Funcional de Investigación en Enfermedades Crónicas, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain Grupo de Neurofarmacología, Departamento de Ciencias Médicas, Area de Genetica, Facultad de Medicina de Albacete, and Instituto de Investigación en Discapacidades Neurológicas, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Albacete, Spain and Departamento Estadística, I O y Computación, Universidad de La Laguna, La Laguna, Canarias, Spain
FASEB J 29:1480-92. 2015..and the stem cell pool is less responsive to the self-renewal niche factor pigmented epithelium-derived factor (PEDF)...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor protects cone photoreceptor-derived 661W cells from light damage through Akt activationMatthew Rapp
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 6, Rm 131F, 6 Center Dr, MSC 0608, 20892 0608, Bethesda, MD, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 801:813-20. 2014Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) can delay and prevent the death of photoreceptors in vivo...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor regulates microvascular permeability through adipose triglyceride lipase in sepsisTing He
Institute of Burn Research, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Burns and Combined Injury, Chongqing Key Laboratory for Diseases Proteomics, Chongqing, 400038, PR China
Clin Sci (Lond) 129:49-61. 2015..Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), a potent endogenous anti-angiogenic molecule, is significantly increased in sepsis, but its role in endothelial ..
- Adeno-associated virus type-2 expression of pigmented epithelium-derived factor or Kringles 1-3 of angiostatin reduce retinal neovascularizationBrian J Raisler
Department of Ophthalmology, Box 100284, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0284, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8909-14. 2002..of recombinant adeno-associated viral (rAAV) serotype-2-mediated expression of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) or Kringle domains 1-3 of angiostatin (K1K3) in reducing aberrant vessel formation in a mouse model of ischemia-..
- PEDF attenuates insulin-dependent molecular pathways of glucose homeostasis in skeletal myocytesRevathy Carnagarin
Curtin Biosciences Research Precinct, Bentley, 6102, Australia School of Pharmacy, Curtin University, Bentley, 6102, Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 422:115-24. 2016Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is an anti-angiogenic serpin associated with insulin resistance in metabolic disorders such as diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity and polycystic ovarian syndrome...
- Restoration of the serum level of SERPINF1 does not correct the bone phenotype in Serpinf1 null miceAbbhirami Rajagopal
Molecular and Human Genetics Department, Baylor College of Medicine, United States
Mol Genet Metab 117:378-82. 2016..SERPINF1 encodes pigment epithelium derived factor (PEDF), a secreted collagen-binding glycoprotein that is absent in the sera of patients with OI type ..
- Concurrent PEDF deficiency and Kras mutation induce invasive pancreatic cancer and adipose-rich stroma in micePaul J Grippo
Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Gut 61:1454-64. 2012Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), a non-inhibitory SERPIN with potent antiangiogenic activity, has been recently implicated in metabolism and adipogenesis, both of which are known to influence pancreatic cancer progression...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor regulates early pancreatic fibrotic responses and suppresses the profibrotic cytokine thrombospondin-1John C Schmitz
Section of Digestive Diseases, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Pathol 179:2990-9. 2011Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is important for maintaining the normal extracellular matrix. We hypothesized that the initiation of pancreatic fibrosis is dependent on the loss of PEDF...
- Identification of pigment epithelium-derived factor as an adipocyte-derived inflammatory factorSangeeta S Chavan
Laboratory of Biomedical Science, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York 11030, United States of America
Mol Med 18:1161-8. 2012..We have identified pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) as a mediator of inflammation that is secreted by adipocytes and mediates macrophage activation...
- PEDF is a novel oligodendrogenic morphogen acting on the adult SVZ and corpus callosumJiho Sohn
Institute for Pediatric Regenerative Medicine, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Neurosci 32:12152-64. 2012Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is a serine protease inhibitor (serpin) protein with well established neuroprotective and anti-angiogenic properties...
- Hormonal regulation of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) in granulosa cellsDana Chuderland
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Hum Reprod 19:72-81. 2013..In this study we address the physiological role of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), a well-known angiogenic inhibitor, in granulosa cells...
- PEDF inhibits AGE-induced podocyte apoptosis via PPAR-gamma activationYuji Ishibashi
Department of Pathophysiology and Therapeutics of Diabetic Vascular Complications, Kurume, Japan
Microvasc Res 85:54-8. 2013..Recently, we, along with others, have found that pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), a glycoprotein with potent neuronal differentiating activity, inhibits AGE-elicited mesangial and tubular cell ..
- The role of pigment epithelium-derived factor in the pathophysiology and treatment of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in miceDana Chuderland
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E258-66. 2013....
- Involvement of α2-antiplasmin in dendritic growth of hippocampal neuronsEri Kawashita
Department of Clinical Pathological Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Doshisha Women s College of Liberal Arts, Kyoto, Japan
J Neurochem 126:58-69. 2013..Therefore, our findings suggest that α2AP induces dendritic growth in hippocampal neurons through p38 MAPK activation, independent of plasmin, providing new insights into the role of α2AP in the CNS...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) shares binding sites in collagen with heparin/heparan sulfate proteoglycansAtsushi Sekiya
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, School of Advanced Science and Engineering, Waseda University, Tokyo 169 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:26364-74. 2011Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is a collagen-binding protein that is abundantly distributed in various tissues, including the eye...
- Lack of alpha2-antiplasmin improves cutaneous wound healing via over-released vascular endothelial growth factor-induced angiogenesis in wound lesionsY Kanno
Department of Clinical Pathological Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, DWCLA, Kyoto, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 4:1602-10. 2006....
- Characterization of novel secreted and membrane proteins isolated by the signal sequence trap methodM Shirozu
Department of Medical Chemistry, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Genomics 37:273-80. 1996..The full-length cDNA clones of the 6 other unknown clones were isolated and sequenced. One clone, termed SDF3, encoded a mouse counterpart of human pigment epithelium-derived factor...
- Structural and comparative analysis of the mouse gene for pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF)V K Singh
Laboratory of Retinal Cell and Molecular Biology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Vis 4:7. 1998Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), a neurotrophic protein, is a member of the serine protease inhibitor supergene family...
- Isolation, purification, and characterization of a collagen-associated serpin, caspin, produced by murine colon adenocarcinoma cellsK Kozaki
Pathophysiology Unit, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8681, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:15125-30. 1998..studies of murine embryonic tissues showed a specific distribution of this collagen-associated serpin, named caspin, in relation to the formation of bone, cartilage, teeth, and basement membrane...
- Lack of alpha2-antiplasmin promotes pulmonary heart failure via overrelease of VEGF after acute myocardial infarctionHiroyuki Matsuno
Departments of Pharmacology and Critical Care Medicine and the First Department of Pathology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Blood 100:2487-93. 2002..Our results provide new aspects on the role of alpha2-AP and VEGF in the pathogenesis of cardiac events...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor expression in the developing mouse eyeK C Behling
F M Kirby Center for Molecular Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6069, USA
Mol Vis 8:449-54. 2002Pigment Epithelium-Derived Factor (PEDF) is a 50 kDa secretable protein with neuroprotective, neurotrophic, and antiangiogenic properties...
- Wilms' tumor growth is suppressed by antiangiogenic pigment epithelium-derived factor in a xenograft modelLisa P Abramson
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Memorial Hospital, and the Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Pediatr Surg 38:336-42; discussion 336-42. 2003Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), a potent endogenous inhibitor of angiogenesis, is highly expressed in the kidney...
- Dual-site recognition of different extracellular matrix components by anti-angiogenic/neurotrophic serpin, PEDFNorihisa Yasui
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima 770 8506, Japan
Biochemistry 42:3160-7. 2003Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), a member of the serine protease inhibitor (serpin) superfamily, possesses anti-angiogenic and neurotrophic activities...
- Contrasting effects of VEGF gene disruption in embryonic stem cell-derived versus oncogene-induced tumorsAlicia Viloria-Petit
Molecular and Cellular Biology Research, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
EMBO J 22:4091-102. 2003..Both ras and neu oncogenes down-regulated at least two endogenous inhibitors of angiogenesis [pigment epithelium derived factor (PEDF) and thrombospondin 1 (TSP-1)]...
- Endogenous alpha2-antiplasmin does not enhance glomerular fibrin deposition or injury in glomerulonephritisA R Kitching
Center for Inflammatory Diseases, Monash University, Department of Medicine, Monash Medical Center, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Thromb Haemost 1:1992-9. 2003..alpha2-Antiplasmin (alpha2-AP) is the major circulating inhibitor of plasmin and is expressed in the renal tubulointerstitium...
- Osteoblasts and osteoclasts express PEDF, VEGF-A isoforms, and VEGF receptors: possible mediators of angiogenesis and matrix remodeling in the boneJ Tombran-Tink
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Missouri Kansas City, 5005 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:573-9. 2004Pigment epithelial derived factor (PEDF) is one of the most effective inhibitors of angiogenesis described so far, especially in controlling the growth of blood vessels in the eye...
- Retinoic acid and dexamethasone regulate the expression of PEDF in retinal and endothelial cellsJ Tombran-Tink
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO, USA
Exp Eye Res 78:945-55. 2004Both all-trans-retinoic acid (ATRA) and pigment epithelial-derived factor (PEDF) regulate cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Localization of pigment epithelium-derived factor in growing mouse boneGerald M Y Quan
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, Fitzroy 3065, Australia
Calcif Tissue Int 76:146-53. 2005Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is a potent anti-angiogenic factor found in a wide range of fetal and adult tissues, where it is thought to play a role in the regulation of angiogenesis during development...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor inhibits fibroblast-growth-factor-2-induced capillary morphogenesis of endothelial cells through FynShigeru Kanda
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Division of Endothelial Cell Biology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Science, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
J Cell Sci 118:961-70. 2005Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) exerts anti-angiogenic actions. However, the signal-transduction pathways regulated by PEDF remain to be elucidated...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) promotes tumor cell death by inducing macrophage membrane tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL)Tsung Chuan Ho
Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei 104, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 286:35943-54. 2011Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is an intrinsic anti-angiogenic factor and a potential anti-tumor agent. The tumoricidal mechanism of PEDF, however, has not been fully elucidated...
- Administration of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) inhibits cold injury-induced brain edema in miceYuko Jinnouchi
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardio Vascular Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Brain Res 1167:92-100. 2007..We have recently found that administration of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) inhibits retinal hyperpermeability in rats by counteracting biological effects of vascular endothelial growth ..
- The constitutively active orphan G-protein-coupled receptor GPR39 protects from cell death by increasing secretion of pigment epithelium-derived growth factorSonja Dittmer
Research Group Protective Signaling, Department of Neurology, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:7074-81. 2008..GPR39 overexpression leads to increased secretion of the cytoprotective pigment epithelium-derived growth factor (PEDF)...
- Anti-angiogenic pigment epithelium-derived factor regulates hepatocyte triglyceride content through adipose triglyceride lipase (ATGL)Chuhan Chung
Department of Medicine, Section of Digestive Diseases, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Hepatol 48:471-8. 2008Anti-angiogenic pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is a 50 kDa secreted glycoprotein that is highly expressed in hepatocytes...
- PEDF from mouse mesenchymal stem cell secretome attracts fibroblastsHarshini Sarojini
Gheens Center on Aging, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
J Cell Biochem 104:1793-802. 2008..including extracellular matrix structural proteins, collagen processing enzymes, pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) and cystatin C...
- PEDF-deficient mice exhibit an enhanced rate of retinal vascular expansion and are more sensitive to hyperoxia-mediated vessel obliterationQiong Huang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792 4673, USA
Exp Eye Res 87:226-41. 2008b>Pigment epithelium derived factor (PEDF) is an endogenous inhibitor of angiogenesis. However, its physiological role during vascular development and neovascularization remains elusive...
- [Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and pigment epithelium derived factor in mouse oxygen-induced retinopathy and its significance]Yi chun Kong
Tianjin Medical University, Tian Jin Eye Hospital, Tianjin 300022, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 44:734-40. 2008To investigate the expression and significance of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and pigment epithelium derived factor (PEDF) in oxygen-induced mouse retinopathy.
- Constitutive overexpression of pigment epithelium-derived factor inhibition of ocular melanoma growth and metastasisHua Yang
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:28-34. 2010Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) is known to be an angiogenesis suppressor and to have antitumor effects...
- Vascular niche factor PEDF modulates Notch-dependent stemness in the adult subependymal zoneCelia Andreu-Agullo
Departamento de Biología Celular and CIBER en Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas, Universidad de Valencia, Burjassot, Spain
Nat Neurosci 12:1514-23. 2009..Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) enhanced Notch-dependent transcription in cells with low Notch signaling, thereby subverting the output of an ..
- Natural angiogenesis inhibitor signals through Erk5 activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma)Dauren Biyashev
Urology Department and RH Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 285:13517-24. 2010..mediators of the anti-angiogenic signal by the natural angiogenesis inhibitor, pigment epithelial-derived factor (PEDF)...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor is an intrinsic antifibrosis factor targeting hepatic stellate cellsTsung Chuan Ho
Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, School of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Pathol 177:1798-811. 2010The liver is the major site of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) synthesis. Recent evidence suggests a protective role of PEDF in liver cirrhosis...
- The ratio of VEGF/PEDF expression in bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells regulates neovascularizationWei Fan
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove Campus, Brisbane QLD 4059, Australia
Differentiation 81:181-91. 2011..endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a major pro-angiogenic factor, whereas pigment epithelial-derived factor (PEDF) is the most potent natural angiogenesis inhibitor...
- Identification of a novel inhibitor of the canonical Wnt pathwayKyoungmin Park
Department of Physiology, Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3038-51. 2011..Here, we identified a novel inhibitor of the Wnt pathway, pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF), a multifunctional serine proteinase inhibitor...
- PECAM-1 AND REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESISNader Sheibani; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is suggested that a therapeutic benefit can be derived by exploiting these signaling pathways to control the hypervascularization characteristic of arthritis. ..
- Thrombospondin-1 and retininal vascular homeostasisNader Sheibani; Fiscal Year: 2005..This knowledge will provide the rationale for development of new therapeutic approaches for the prevention and/or treatment of ocular diseases with a neovascular component. ..
- CYP1B1 and Retinopathy of PrematurityNader Sheibani; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how CYP1 B1 and its metabolites regulate retinal vascular homeostasis will provide insight into CYP1 B1 mechanisms of action and aid in the development of alternative ways to modulate retinal angiogenesis. ..
- Pancreatic Development in Modeling Pancreatic DiseasePaul Grippo; Fiscal Year: 2003..Targeting pancreatic progenitor cells with various genetic alterations will provide valuable information for the developmental biologist and clinical pathologist alike. ..
- Omega-6 Fat Promotion of Mutant Kras-Induced Pancreatic NeoplasiaPaul Grippo; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this work will establish potential pathways that, when altered by drugs or changes in the diet, may prevent or retard the development of pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..