Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sema4b
Description: sema domain, immunoglobulin domain (Ig), transmembrane domain (TM) and short cytoplasmic domain, (semaphorin) 4B
Alias: SemC, Semac, mKIAA1745, semaphorin-4B, sema C, semaphorin-C
- Plexin-B2 controls the development of cerebellar granule cellsRoland H Friedel
Department of Biological Sciences, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 27:3921-32. 2007..Many differentiated granule cells migrate inside the cerebellum and keep proliferating. These results reveal that Plexin-B2 controls the balance between proliferation and differentiation in granule cells...
- Semaphorin 4C and 4G are ligands of Plexin-B2 required in cerebellar developmentViola Maier
Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Center Munich, Neuherberg, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 46:419-31. 2011....
- An antagonistic interaction between PlexinB2 and Rnd3 controls RhoA activity and cortical neuron migrationRoberta Azzarelli
1 Division of Molecular Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK 2
Nat Commun 5:3405. 2014..Thus, an interaction between the cell-extrinsic Plexin signalling pathway and the cell-intrinsic Ascl1-Rnd3 pathway determines the level of RhoA activity appropriate for cortical neuron migration. ..
- Semaphorin-Plexin Signaling Controls Mitotic Spindle Orientation during Epithelial Morphogenesis and RepairJingjing Xia
Department of Pharmacology, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Dev Cell 33:299-313. 2015..Our data uncover semaphorin-plexin signaling as a central regulatory mechanism of mitotic spindle orientation necessary for the alignment of epithelial cell divisions with the epithelial plane. ..
- Astrogliosis Induced by Brain Injury Is Regulated by Sema4B Phosphorylation(123)Liat Ben-Gigi
Department of Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, Institute of Medical Research Israel Canada IMRIC, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Eneuro 2:. 2015..Here, we show that astrocyte activation was altered and proliferation was reduced in Semaphorin 4B (Sema4B)-deficient mice following injury...
- Murine semaphorin D/collapsin is a member of a diverse gene family and creates domains inhibitory for axonal extensionA W Puschel
Abteilung Neurochemie Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Frankfurt am Main, Federal Republic of Germany
Neuron 14:941-8. 1995..Our data demonstrate that semaphorins are a diverse family of molecules that may provide local signals to specify territories nonaccessible for growing axons...
- Semaphorin III can function as a selective chemorepellent to pattern sensory projections in the spinal cordE K Messersmith
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Neuron 14:949-59. 1995..These results suggest that semaphorin III functions to pattern sensory projections by selectively repelling axons that normally terminate dorsally...
- The sensory innervation of the mouse spinal cord may be patterned by differential expression of and differential responsiveness to semaphorinsA W Puschel
Abteilung Neurochemie, Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 7:419-31. 1996..5. This suggests that Sem D may be involved in preventing an early penetration of the spinal cord by sensory afferents and subsequently shaping their lamina-specific termination...
- Identification of a novel transmembrane semaphorin expressed on lymphocytesT Furuyama
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:33376-81. 1996..M-sema G is most closely related to M-sema F, which we previously reported, and semB and semC. These four members appear to constitute a transmembrane type subfamily in mouse semaphorins...
- Neuropilin is a receptor for the axonal chemorepellent Semaphorin IIIZ He
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
Cell 90:739-51. 1997..These results provide evidence that neuropilin is a receptor or a component of a receptor complex that mediates the effects of Sema III on these axons...
- A PDZ protein regulates the distribution of the transmembrane semaphorin, M-SemFL h Wang
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 274:14137-46. 1999..While SEMCAP-1(GIPC) also interacts with SemC, it does not interact with other proteins containing a class I PDZ binding motif, nor does M-SemF interact with ..
- Neurites from trigeminal ganglion explants grown in vitro are repelled or attracted by tooth-related tissues depending on developmental stageC Lillesaar
Division of Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Neuroscience 125:149-61. 2004..We conclude that developing mandibular/dental mesenchyme can inhibit/repel neurite growth in vitro. Our results support the hypothesis that semaphorins may be involved in this interaction...
- Semaphorin 4B interacts with the post-synaptic density protein PSD-95/SAP90 and is recruited to synapses through a C-terminal PDZ-binding motifConstanze Burkhardt
Abt Molekularbiologie, Institut fur Allgemeine Zoologie und Genetik, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat, Schlossplatz 5, D 48149 Munster, Germany
FEBS Lett 579:3821-8. 2005..This sequence mediates the interaction with the post-synaptic density protein PSD-95/SAP90. Co-expression of Sema4B with PSD-95 in COS 7 cells results in the clustering of Sema4B...
- Identification of semaphorin 4B as a negative regulator of basophil-mediated immune responsesYukinobu Nakagawa
Department of Immunopathology, World Premier International Immunology Frontier Research Center, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Immunol 186:2881-8. 2011..In this article, we show that a class IV semaphorin, Sema4B, negatively regulates basophil functions through T cell-basophil contacts...