Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Selenbp1
Description: selenium binding protein 1
Alias: Lp56, Lpsb, SBP56, selenium-binding protein 1, 56 kDa selenium-binding protein, SP56
- Isolation, characterization, and chromosomal mapping of a novel cDNA clone encoding human selenium binding proteinP W Chang
Department of Biochemistry, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Cell Biochem 64:217-24. 1997We have isolated the full-length human 56 kDa selenium binding protein (hSP56) cDNA clone, which is the human homolog of mouse 56 kDa selenium binding protein...
- Quantitative proteomic analysis reveals that anti-cancer effects of selenium-binding protein 1 in vivo are associated with metabolic pathwaysQi Ying
College of Food Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, 210095, China Department of Pathology, Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, 453003, China Department of Pathology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0126285. 2015..These results have revealed a novel mechanism that SBP1-mediated cancer inhibition is through altering lipid/glucose metabolic signaling pathways. ..
- Transcriptional regulation and biological functions of selenium-binding protein 1 in colorectal cancer in vitro and in nude mouse xenograftsNicole M Pohl
Department of Pathology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7774. 2009..It has been shown that selenium-binding protein 1 (SBP1) is significantly downregulated in different human cancers. Its regulation and function have not yet been established...
- Selenium-binding protein 1: its physiological function, dependence on aryl hydrocarbon receptors, and role in wasting syndrome by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinSayuri Tsujimoto
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1830:3616-24. 2013Selenium-binding protein 1 (Selenbp1) is suggested to play a role in tumor suppression, and may be involved in the toxicity produced by dioxin, an activator of aryl hydrocarbon receptors (AhR)...
- DNA sequencing of a mouse liver protein that binds selenium: implications for selenium's mechanism of action in cancer preventionM P Bansal
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, Houston, TX
Carcinogenesis 11:2071-3. 1990..The two proteins that are readily labeled by selenium in many rodent tissues, SLP-56 and SLP-14, would fit into this category...
- Different patterns of regulation of the genes encoding the closely related 56 kDa selenium- and acetaminophen-binding proteins in normal tissues and during carcinogenesisJ Lanfear
Cancer Research Campaign Beatson Laboratories, Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Bearsden, Glasgow, UK
Carcinogenesis 14:335-40. 1993..of acetaminophen (AP56) has been cloned by virtue of its similarity to the 56 kDa selenium-binding protein (SP56): in fact, the deduced AP56 amino acid sequence differs at only 14 residues from SP56...
- Genes encoding the acetaminophen and selenium binding proteins map to mouse chromosome 3C L Navarro
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06269, USA
Mamm Genome 7:919-20. 1996
- Fine mapping of Hyplip1 and the human homolog, a potential locus for FCHLP Pajukanta
UCLA, Department of Human Genetics, Gonda Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center, Los Angeles, California 90095 7088, USA
Mamm Genome 12:238-45. 2001..Further studies identifying and sequencing the Hyplip1 gene will show whether the same gene predisposes to hyperlipidemia in human and mouse...
- A physical map of the genomic region on mouse chromosome 3 containing the hindshaker (hsh) mutationSaadia A Karim
Applied Neurobiology Group, Institute of Comparative Medicine, Veterinary School, United Kingdom
Genomics 83:225-30. 2004..Accordingly, our findings both map the area surrounding the hsh mutation and present important corrections to the current maps in an area rich in genes related to the nervous system...
- Phosphoproteome analysis of mouse liver using immobilized metal affinity purification and linear ion trap mass spectrometryWen Hai Jin
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116011, China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:2169-76. 2004..The use of the linear ion trap considerably enabled exploitation of nanoflow-HPLC/MS/MS, and in addition MS/MS/MS has great potential in phosphoproteome research of relatively complex samples...