Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: scavenger receptor
Description: macrophage scavenger receptor 1
Alias: MRS-A, MSR, MSR-A, SR-AI, SR-AII, Scara1, Scvr, macrophage scavenger receptor types I and II, SR-A, macrophage acetylated LDL receptor I and II, scavenger receptor type A
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- The scavenger receptors SRA-1 and SREC-I cooperate with TLR2 in the recognition of the hepatitis C virus non-structural protein 3 by dendritic cellsCeline Beauvillain
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 892, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie Nantes Angers, Bâtiment Montéclair, 4 rue Larrey, Angers 49933, France
J Hepatol 52:644-51. 2010..This study aimed to identify the endocytic receptor(s) involved in the uptake of NS3 by myeloid cells and its relation with TLR2...
- Alternative activation of macrophages by IL-4 impairs phagocytosis of pathogens but potentiates microbial-induced signalling and cytokine secretionAudrey Varin
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Blood 115:353-62. 2010..uptake of N meningitidis was markedly reduced, depending on the common IL-4Ralpha chain, but independent of Scavenger receptor A and macrophage receptor with collagenous structure (MARCO), 2 known receptors for N meningitidis...
- Differentiation of the mononuclear phagocyte system during mouse embryogenesis: the role of transcription factor PU.1A M Lichanska
Department of Microbiology and Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Blood 94:127-38. 1999..By contrast, other markers including the F4/80 antigen, the macrophage scavenger receptor, the S-100 proteins, S100A8 and S100A9, and the secretory product lysozyme appeared later in development and ..
- An ancient, highly conserved family of cysteine-rich protein domains revealed by cloning type I and type II murine macrophage scavenger receptorsM Freeman
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:8810-4. 1990..The type I-specific scavenger receptor cysteine-rich (SRCR) domain helps define a previously unrecognized family of remarkably well-conserved ..
- Cloning of a novel bacteria-binding receptor structurally related to scavenger receptors and expressed in a subset of macrophagesO Elomaa
Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Finland
Cell 80:603-9. 1995....
- Murine macrophage scavenger receptor: in vivo expression and function as receptor for macrophage adhesion in lymphoid and non-lymphoid organsD A Hughes
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, Oxford
Eur J Immunol 25:466-73. 1995..In this study we have used a recently defined monoclonal antibody (2F8) which recognizes murine macrophage scavenger receptor, to explore its expression in lymphoid and non-lymphoid organs of the normal adult...
- A role for macrophage scavenger receptors in atherosclerosis and susceptibility to infectionH Suzuki
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
Nature 386:292-6. 1997Macrophage type-I and type-II class-A scavenger receptors (MSR-A) are implicated in the pathological deposition of cholesterol during atherogenesis as a result of receptor-mediated uptake of modified low-density lipoproteins (mLDL)...
- The macrophage scavenger receptor type A directs modified proteins to antigen presentationA Nicoletti
Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 29:512-21. 1999..They were recently proposed to play a role in antigen presentation but the type of scavenger receptor involved in this process has not been known...
- Protection from lethal gram-positive infection by macrophage scavenger receptor-dependent phagocytosisC A Thomas
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Exp Med 191:147-56. 2000..Here, we show that SR-AI/II-deficient mice (MSR-A(-/-)) are more susceptible to intraperitoneal infection with a prototypic gram-positive pathogen, Staphylococcus ..
- Role of macrophage scavenger receptor in endotoxin shockY Kobayashi
Second Department of Pathology, Niigata University School of Medicine, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
J Pathol 192:263-72. 2000Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) is known to bind to several receptors on macrophages, including CD14 and macrophage scavenger receptor class A types I and II (MSR-A), and stimulates macrophages to release various inflammatory mediators...
- The class A macrophage scavenger receptor is a major pattern recognition receptor for Neisseria meningitidis which is independent of lipopolysaccharide and not required for secretory responsesLeanne Peiser
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 70:5346-54. 2002..The roles of two pattern recognition molecules, the Mphi scavenger receptor (SR-A) and Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR-4), have been investigated using bone marrow culture-derived Mphi (..
- The class A macrophage scavenger receptor attenuates CXC chemokine production and the early infiltration of neutrophils in sterile peritonitisAlessia Cotena
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QX, UK
J Immunol 173:6427-32. 2004The macrophage scavenger receptor (SR-A) is a multifunctional receptor that is associated with several important pathological conditions, including atherosclerosis...
- Requirement of JNK2 for scavenger receptor A-mediated foam cell formation in atherogenesisRomeo Ricci
Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Physiology, and Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Zurich, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Science 306:1558-61. 2004..of modified lipoproteins and showed increased amounts of the modified lipoprotein-binding and -internalizing scavenger receptor A (SR-A), whose phosphorylation was markedly decreased...
- Cholesterol-induced macrophage apoptosis requires ER stress pathways and engagement of the type A scavenger receptorTracie DeVries-Seimon
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Cell Biol 171:61-73. 2005..One involves the type A scavenger receptor (SRA)...
- Disparate regulation and function of the class A scavenger receptors SR-AI/II and MARCOSzczepan Jozefowski
Physiology Program, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 175:8032-41. 2005..class A scavenger receptors, macrophage receptor with a collagenous structure (MARCO) and type I/II class A scavenger receptor (SR-AI/II), share structural features and roles in host defense, but little is known about their regulation ..
- Macrophage scavenger receptor down-regulates mycobacterial cord factor-induced proinflammatory cytokine production by alveolar and hepatic macrophagesYuriko Ozeki
Department of Host Defense, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Microb Pathog 40:171-6. 2006We aimed to reveal the regulatory function of macrophage scavenger receptor-A (MSR-A) in proinflammatory cytokine production by macrophages stimulated with mycobacterial cord factor (CF)...
- The macrophage scavenger receptor SR-AI/II and lung defense against pneumococci and particlesMohamed S Arredouani
Physiology Program, 665 Huntington Avenue, SPH II, Room 221, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 35:474-8. 2006The class A macrophage scavenger receptor SR-AI/II is implicated as a pattern recognition receptor for innate immunity, but its functional role in lung defense has not been studied...
- Macrophage scavenger receptor-a-deficient mice are resistant against diabetic nephropathy through amelioration of microinflammationHitomi Kataoka Usui
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Diabetes 56:363-72. 2007..Macrophage scavenger receptor-A (SR-A) is a multifunctional receptor expressed on macrophages...
- Protection against inhaled oxidants through scavenging of oxidized lipids by macrophage receptors MARCO and SR-AI/IIMorten Dahl
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 117:757-64. 2007..express the class A scavenger receptors (SRAs) macrophage receptor with collagenous structure (MARCO) and scavenger receptor AI/II (SRA-I/II), which recognize oxidized lipids and provide innate defense against inhaled pathogens and ..
- Class A scavenger receptor (CD204) attenuates hyperoxia-induced lung injury by reducing oxidative stressH Kobayashi
Department of Cell Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
J Pathol 212:38-46. 2007..Together these results suggest that SR-A expression attenuates hyperoxia-induced lung injury by reducing macrophage activation...
- Scavenger receptor A dampens induction of inflammation in response to the fungal pathogen Pneumocystis cariniiMelissa Hollifield
University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Infect Immun 75:3999-4005. 2007..carinii, mice deficient in the expression of scavenger receptor A (SRA) were infected with P. carinii, and clearance of organisms was monitored over time...
- Loss of SR-A and CD36 activity reduces atherosclerotic lesion complexity without abrogating foam cell formation in hyperlipidemic miceJennifer J Manning-Tobin
Lipid Metabolism Unit, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:19-26. 2009..To test the impact of deleting these receptors, we generated Apoe(-/-) mice lacking both SR-A and CD36 and fed them a Western diet for 12 weeks...
- Pattern recognition scavenger receptor SRA/CD204 down-regulates Toll-like receptor 4 signaling-dependent CD8 T-cell activationHuanfa Yi
Department of Cellular Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Blood 113:5819-28. 2009Class A scavenger receptor (SRA), also known as CD204, has been shown to participate in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis and the pattern recognition of pathogen infection...
- Role of scavenger receptor A and CD36 in diet-induced nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in hyperlipidemic miceVeerle Bieghs
Department of Molecular Genetics, Pathology and Physiology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research and Cardiovascular Research Institutes of Maastricht, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 138:2477-86, 2486.e1-3. 2010..KCs thereby accumulate cholesterol, become activated, and may then trigger an inflammatory reaction. Scavenging of modified lipoproteins mainly depends on CD36 and macrophage scavenger receptor 1.
- Pattern recognition scavenger receptor CD204 attenuates Toll-like receptor 4-induced NF-kappaB activation by directly inhibiting ubiquitination of tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor-associated factor 6Xiaofei Yu
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Biol Chem 286:18795-806. 2011..Here we report a previously unrecognized role of scavenger receptor A (SRA; also known as CD204) as a signaling regulator in the context of Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) ..
- Inhibition of antigen trafficking through scavenger receptor AMaurice T Raycroft
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 287:5310-6. 2012..We previously identified scavenger receptor A (SR-A) as an early target in altering B cell-mediated autoimmunity...
- Expression of scavenger receptor A on antigen presenting cells is important for CD4+ T-cells proliferation in EAE mouse modelHilit Levy-Barazany
Department of Neurobiology, George S, Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Sherman Building, Room 424, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Neuroinflammation 9:120. 2012..One of the key effectors for inflammatory injury is the antigen-presenting cell (APC). The class A scavenger receptor (SRA), constitutively expressed by APCs, such as macrophages and dendritic cells in peripheral tissues and ..
- Scara1 deficiency impairs clearance of soluble amyloid-β by mononuclear phagocytes and accelerates Alzheimer's-like disease progressionDan Frenkel
Department of Neurobiology, Sagol School of Neuroscience, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 699788, Israel
Nat Commun 4:2030. 2013..Here we use short hairpin RNA screening and identify the scavenger receptor Scara1 as a receptor for soluble amyloid-β expressed on myeloid cells...
- Scavenger receptor A mediates H2O2 production and suppression of IL-12 release in murine macrophagesSzczepan Jozefowski
Physiology Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Leukoc Biol 76:1066-74. 2004Although class A type I/II scavenger receptor (SR-A) is involved in numerous macrophage functions, its signaling ability remains uncertain...
- Silica-directed mast cell activation is enhanced by scavenger receptorsJared M Brown
Laboratory of Allergic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1881, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:43-52. 2007..These findings demonstrate that silica directs mast cell production of inflammatory mediators, in part through SRs, providing insight into critical events in the pathogenesis and potential therapeutic targets in silicosis...
- Identification of Neisseria meningitidis nonlipopolysaccharide ligands for class A macrophage scavenger receptor by using a novel assayLeanne Peiser
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 74:5191-9. 2006..Previously, we have shown that the class A Mphi scavenger receptor (SR-A) is a major nonopsonic receptor for Neisseria meningitidis on Mphi...
- Mannose-binding lectin augments the uptake of lipid A, Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia coli by Kupffer cells through increased cell surface expression of scavenger receptor AKei Ono
Department of Biochemistry, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Immunol 177:5517-23. 2006We investigated roles of scavenger receptor A (SR-A) and mannose-binding lectin (MBL) in the uptake of endotoxin and bacteria by Kupffer cells...
- Targeted deletion of class A macrophage scavenger receptor increases the risk of cardiac rupture after experimental myocardial infarctionKenichi Tsujita
Department of Cell Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Circulation 115:1904-11. 2007Class A macrophage scavenger receptor (SR-A) is a macrophage-restricted multifunctional molecule that optimizes the inflammatory response by modulation of the activity of inflammatory cytokines...
- Phagocytosis of cholesteryl ester is amplified in diabetic mouse macrophages and is largely mediated by CD36 and SR-AChristopher B Guest
Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, United States of America College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e511. 2007..these data indicate that direct cholesteryl ester accumulation in mouse macrophages is mediated by CD36 and SR-A, and the magnitude of accumulation is increased in db/db macrophages due to increased scavenger receptor expression.
- The scavenger receptor SR-A I/II (CD204) signals via the receptor tyrosine kinase Mertk during apoptotic cell uptake by murine macrophagesJill C Todt
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health Care System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Leukoc Biol 84:510-8. 2008Apoptotic cells (AC) must be cleared by macrophages (Mø) to resolve inflammation effectively. Mertk and scavenger receptor A (SR-A) are two of many receptors involved in AC clearance...
- Pivotal Advance: Toll-like receptor regulation of scavenger receptor-A-mediated phagocytosisEyal Amiel
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth College, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Leukoc Biol 85:595-605. 2009....
- The macrophage scavenger receptor A is host-protective in experimental meningococcal septicaemiaAnnette Plüddemann
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000297. 2009Macrophage Scavenger Receptor A (SR-A) is a major non-opsonic receptor for Neisseria meningitidis on mononuclear phagocytes in vitro, and the surface proteins NMB0278, NMB0667, and NMB1220 have been identified as ligands for SR-A...
- Class A scavenger receptor promotes osteoclast differentiation via the enhanced expression of receptor activator of NF-kappaB (RANK)Kenichi Takemura
Department of Cell Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 391:1675-80. 2010..Class A scavenger receptor (SR-A) is one of the principal functional molecules of macrophages, and its level of expression declines ..
- A regulatory role for macrophage class A scavenger receptors in TLR4-mediated LPS responsesYunying Chen
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 40:1451-60. 2010..This regulation could also be important in maintaining tolerance since these receptors have been shown to be involved in regulation of self-reactivity...
- Silencing of either SR-A or CD36 reduces atherosclerosis in hyperlipidaemic mice and reveals reciprocal upregulation of these receptorsPetri I Mäkinen
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, PO Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Cardiovasc Res 88:530-8. 2010Macrophage scavenger receptor A (SR-A) and class B scavenger receptor CD36 (CD36) contribute to foam cell formation and atherogenesis via uptake of modified lipoproteins...
- SR-A/MARCO-mediated ligand delivery enhances intracellular TLR and NLR function, but ligand scavenging from cell surface limits TLR4 response to pathogensSubhankar Mukhopadhyay
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, United Kingdom
Blood 117:1319-28. 2011..The class-A scavenger receptors SR-A (scavenger receptor A) and MARCO (macrophage receptor with collagenous structure) are 2 well-characterized phagocytic receptors ..
- Internalization of modified lipids by CD36 and SR-A leads to hepatic inflammation and lysosomal cholesterol storage in Kupffer cellsVeerle Bieghs
Department of Molecular Genetics, Electron Microscopy Unit of Molecular Cell Biology, and Pathology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research NUTRIM Institute of Maastricht, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e34378. 2012..Recently, we demonstrated that combined deletion of the two main scavenger receptors, CD36 and macrophage scavenger receptor 1 (MSR1), which are important for modified cholesterol-rich lipoprotein uptake, reduced NASH...
- Macrophage scavenger receptor 1 (Msr1, SR-A) influences B cell autoimmunity by regulating soluble autoantigen concentrationStefanie Haasken
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Immunology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55414, USA
J Immunol 191:1055-62. 2013The class A macrophage scavenger receptor Msr1 (SR-A, CD204) has been reported to participate in the maintenance of immunological tolerance. We investigated the role of Msr1 in a mouse model of autoantibody-dependent arthritis...
- The macrophage scavenger receptor type A is expressed by activated macrophages and protects the host against lethal endotoxic shockR Haworth
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3RE, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 186:1431-9. 1997..Several different receptors on Mphi have been shown to bind LPS, including the type A scavenger receptor (SR-A)...
- Macrophage scavenger receptor (SR-A I/II) deficiency reduced diet-induced atherosclerosis in C57BL/6J miceN Kamada
Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratory, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 8:1-6. 2001..These results indicate that SR-A I/II has a crucial role in atherosclerotic lesion formation with uptake of oxidized-LDL in this mouse model...
- Defective microarchitecture of the spleen marginal zone and impaired response to a thymus-independent type 2 antigen in mice lacking scavenger receptors MARCO and SR-AYunying Chen
Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 175:8173-80. 2005The macrophage scavenger receptor macrophage receptor with a collagenous structure (MARCO) is expressed in mice by the marginal zone macrophages of the spleen and by macrophages of the medullary cords of lymph nodes, as well as the ..
- Expression of the class A macrophage scavenger receptor on specific subpopulations of murine dendritic cells limits their endotoxin responseMike Becker
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Eur J Immunol 36:950-60. 2006..Here, we describe the expression of the murine class A macrophage scavenger receptor (SR-A) and show that it is restricted to specific subpopulations of bone marrow-derived and splenic DC...
- Macrophage fusion induced by IL-4 alternative activation is a multistage process involving multiple target moleculesLaura Helming
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Eur J Immunol 37:33-42. 2007..The model we describe will allow analysis of the molecular basis of membrane fusion and possible insight into alternative activation of macrophages...
- Combinatorial pattern recognition receptor signaling alters the balance of life and death in macrophagesTracie A Seimon
Department of Medicine and Anatomy, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:19794-9. 2006..We recently showed that engagement of the type A scavenger receptor (SRA), a PRR, triggers JNK-dependent apoptosis in endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-stressed macrophages...
- Absence of CD36 protects against atherosclerosis in ApoE knock-out mice with no additional protection provided by absence of scavenger receptor A I/IISai Kuchibhotla
Department of Cell Biology, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, NC 10, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cardiovasc Res 78:185-96. 2008..in atherogenesis is controversial as a result of conflicting reports and a recent hypothesis suggesting that scavenger receptor absence would enhance the pro-inflammatory, pro-atherogenic milieu...
- Divalent cation-independent macrophage adhesion inhibited by monoclonal antibody to murine scavenger receptorI Fraser
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, UK
Nature 364:343-6. 1993..hamster ovary cells revealed that the antigen recognized by monoclonal 2F8 is identical to murine macrophage scavenger receptor. We propose a novel function for this molecule, previously described as an endocytic receptor, thus ..
- Short report: role of type I/II scavenger receptors in malarial infection in C57BL/6J miceMai Inoue
Research Unit for Functional Genomics, National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido, Japan
Am J Trop Med Hyg 75:178-81. 2006....
- Characterization of plasmid DNA binding and uptake by peritoneal macrophages from class A scavenger receptor knockout miceY Takakura
Department of Drug Delivery Research, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
Pharm Res 16:503-8. 1999..is taken up by mouse peritoneal macrophages via a specific mechanism mediated by a receptor similar to the scavenger receptor (SR)...
- Separation and mapping of multiple genes that control IgE level in Leishmania major infected miceJ Badalova
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Fleming nám 2, 166 37 Prague, Czech Republic
Genes Immun 3:187-95. 2002..The definition of genes controlling anti-parasite responses will permit a better understanding of pathways and genetic diversity underlying the disease phenotypes...
- MARCO, an innate activation marker of macrophages, is a class A scavenger receptor for Neisseria meningitidisSubhankar Mukhopadhyay
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, Oxford, UK
Eur J Immunol 36:940-9. 2006The scavenger receptor-A I/II (SR-A) and macrophage receptor with collagenous domain (MARCO) share a common domain organisation and ligand repertoire, including selected polyanions and gram-positive and -negative organisms, but differ in ..
- Evasion of macrophage scavenger receptor A-mediated recognition by pathogenic streptococciThomas Areschoug
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Eur J Immunol 38:3068-79. 2008..One type of PRR is the macrophage scavenger receptor A (SR-A), which has been shown to play an important role in recognition and non-opsonic phagocytosis of ..
- Delayed growth of EL4 lymphoma in SR-A-deficient mice is due to upregulation of nitric oxide and interferon-gamma production by tumor-associated macrophagesYoshihiro Komohara
Department of Cell Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:2160-6. 2009..These data indicate an important role of SR-A in regulating TAM function by inhibiting toll-like receptor (TLR)4-IFN-beta signaling...
- Regulation of MSR-1 and CD36 in macrophages by LOX-1 mediated through PPAR-γYao Dai
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and the Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, AR 72212, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 431:496-500. 2013..We wondered if the deficiency of LOX-1 modulates the expression of two other scavenger receptors, macrophage scavenger receptor-1 (MSR1) and CD36, on macrophages to account for the unaltered ox-LDL uptake...
- Autophagy regulates phagocytosis by modulating the expression of scavenger receptorsDiana L Bonilla
Department of Medicine Pulmonary and Critical Care Section, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Immunity 39:537-47. 2013..of two class A scavenger receptors: macrophage receptor with collagenous structure (MARCO) and macrophage scavenger receptor 1 (MSR1)...
- Pattern recognition scavenger receptor A/CD204 regulates airway inflammatory homeostasis following organic dust extract exposuresJill A Poole
Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep and Allergy Division, Department of Internal Medicine
J Immunotoxicol 12:64-73. 2015..The multi-functional class A macrophage scavenger receptor (SRA)/CD204 has emerged as an important class of pattern recognition receptors with broad ligand binding ..
- Standardizing scavenger receptor nomenclatureMercy Prabhudas
Division of Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 192:1997-2006. 2014..Fifteen experts in the scavenger receptor field attended the workshop and, after extensive discussion, reached a consensus regarding the definition of ..
- Class A Scavenger Receptor-Mediated Double-Stranded RNA Internalization Is Independent of Innate Antiviral Signaling and Does Not Require Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase ActivitySrinivas Nellimarla
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster Immunology Research Center, Michael DeGroote Institute for Infectious Disease Research, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4K1
J Immunol 195:3858-65. 2015..Overall, these findings suggest that SR-A-mediated dsRNA internalization is independent of innate antiviral signaling. ..
- Gene-expression profiling of different arms of lymphatic vasculature identifies candidates for manipulation of cell trafficImtiaz Iftakhar-E-Khuda
MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, 20520 Turku, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:10643-8. 2016..Further characterizations of Siglec-1 (CD169) and macrophage scavenger receptor 1 (MSR1/CD204), show that they are discriminatively expressed on lymphatic endothelium of the SS but not on ..
- Scavenger receptors target glycolipids for natural killer T cell activationStefan Freigang
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Clin Invest 122:3943-54. 2012..proliferation, and NKT cell help for adaptive CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, required the uptake of αGalCer via scavenger receptor A...
- Major vault protein regulates class A scavenger receptor-mediated tumor necrosis factor-α synthesis and apoptosis in macrophagesJingjing Ben
Atherosclerosis Research Center, Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Disease and Molecular Intervention, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
J Biol Chem 288:20076-84. 2013..Class A scavenger receptor (SR-A) expressed on macrophages plays a key role in this process...
- Charged collagen structure mediates the recognition of negatively charged macromolecules by macrophage scavenger receptorsT Doi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Japan
J Biol Chem 268:2126-33. 1993..Based on computational modeling of this domain, we propose that a "charged collagen" structure containing a lysine cluster forms a positively charged groove which specifically interacts with negatively charged ligands...
- Structures and high and low affinity ligand binding properties of murine type I and type II macrophage scavenger receptorsJ Ashkenas
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
J Lipid Res 34:983-1000. 1993..Metabolic labeling/immunoprecipitation experiments showed that most of the macrophage scavenger receptor protein expressed by P388D1 cells was the N-glycosylated type II receptor; only small amounts of type I ..
- MEF2B is a potent transactivator expressed in early myogenic lineagesJ D Molkentin
Hamon Center for Basic Cancer Research, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235 9148, YSA
Mol Cell Biol 16:3814-24. 1996....
- Uptake and catabolism of modified LDL in scavenger-receptor class A type I/II knock-out miceT J van Berkel
Division of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Sylvius Laboratory, University of Leiden, P O Box 9503, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochem J 331:29-35. 1998..The availability of the scavenger-receptor class A types I and II knock-out mice will stimulate further molecular identification of these receptors...
- Immunohistochemical evidence for a macrophage scavenger receptor in Mato cells and reactive microglia of ischemia and Alzheimer's diseaseM Honda
Department of Neuropsychiatry, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 245:734-40. 1998Macrophage scavenger receptors (MSR) are implicated in the development of atherosclerosis and amyloid b-protein deposition in Alzheimer's disease...
- Role of the scavenger receptor MARCO in alveolar macrophage binding of unopsonized environmental particlesA Palecanda
Physiology Program, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Exp Med 189:1497-506. 1999..protein isolated by means of COS cell expression was found to be 84 and 77% homologous to mouse and human scavenger receptor MARCO mRNA, respectively. Transfection of COS cells with MARCO cDNA conferred mAb-inhibitable TiO2 binding...
- Scavenger receptors on liver Kupffer cells mediate the in vivo uptake of oxidatively damaged red blood cells in miceV Terpstra
Division of Biopharmaceutics, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, University of Leiden, Sylvius Laboratories, Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 95:2157-63. 2000..process mediated by polyinosinic acid- and phosphatidylserine-sensitive scavenger receptors, different from scavenger receptor class A type I and II...
- Successful generation of peripheral neuropathy with onion-bulb formation in the macrophage scavenger receptor classA knockout mouse treated with isoniazidI Naba
Department of Neurology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita City, 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
Neurosci Lett 290:5-8. 2000..phosphatidylcholine after compression injury to the peripheral nerve of mice deficient of macrophage scavenger receptor classA (MSR-A)...
- Onion-bulb formation after a single compression injury in the macrophage scavenger receptor knockout miceI Naba
Department of Neurology D4, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
Exp Neurol 166:83-9. 2000..OBs after a single compression injury to peripheral nerves of the knockout mice deficient of macrophage scavenger receptor class A (MSR-A)...
- The role of the macrophage scavenger receptor in immune stimulation by bacterial DNA and synthetic oligonucleotidesF G Zhu
Medical Research Service, Durham Veterans Administration Hospital and Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Immunology 103:226-34. 2001To assess the role of the macrophage scavenger receptor type A (SRA) in immune activation by CpG DNA, cytokine induction and DNA uptake were tested in vitro and in vivo using SRA knockout (SRA-/-) and wild type (WT) mice...
- Transient expression of Ym1, a heparin-binding lectin, during developmental hematopoiesis and inflammationShuen Iu Hung
Institutes of Microbiology and Immunology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan 112, Republic of China
J Leukoc Biol 72:72-82. 2002..In addition, its putative functional association with heparin/heparan sulfate is discussed...
- The class A scavenger receptor binds to proteoglycans and mediates adhesion of macrophages to the extracellular matrixJuan Santiago-García
Gladstone Institutes of Cardiovascular Disease and Neurological Disease, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 278:6942-6. 2003The class A scavenger receptor (SR-A) binds modified lipoproteins and has been implicated in cholesterol ester deposition in macrophages. The SR-A also contributes to cellular adhesion...
- Loss of receptor-mediated lipid uptake via scavenger receptor A or CD36 pathways does not ameliorate atherosclerosis in hyperlipidemic miceKathryn J Moore
Lipid Metabolism Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Invest 115:2192-201. 2005..Two scavenger receptors, scavenger receptor A (SR-A) and CD36, have been centrally implicated in this lipid uptake process...
- Expression of many immunologically important genes in Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected macrophages is independent of both TLR2 and TLR4 but dependent on IFN-alphabeta receptor and STAT1Shuangping Shi
Program in Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 175:3318-28. 2005..protein 10, and IRG1 in macrophages that lack mannose receptor, complement receptors 3 and 4, type A scavenger receptor, or CD40...
- Infection by and protective immune responses against Plasmodium berghei ANKA are not affected in macrophage scavenger receptors A deficient miceMargarida Cunha-Rodrigues
Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Universidade de Lisboa, 1649 028 Lisboa, Portugal
BMC Microbiol 6:73. 2006..Mice deficient for both SR-AI and II are more susceptible to infections by a variety of bacterial and viral pathogens...
- Different cellular traffic of LDL-cholesterol and acetylated LDL-cholesterol leads to distinct reverse cholesterol transport pathwaysMing dong Wang
Lipoprotein and Atherosclerosis Research Group, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, and Department of Biochemistry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Lipid Res 48:633-45. 2007..This indicates a greater efficiency of HDL than lipid-poor apoA-I in interstitial fluid in controlling in vivo RCT. These assays, taken together, emphasize the importance of mediators of diffusional cholesterol efflux in RCT...
- The microtubule-binding protein Hook3 interacts with a cytoplasmic domain of scavenger receptor AHitomi Sano
Department of Biochemistry, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:7973-81. 2007The class A scavenger receptor (SR-A) is a multifunctional transmembrane glycoprotein that is implicated in atherogenesis, innate immunity, and cell adhesion...
- Scavenger receptor-A negatively regulates antitumor immunityXiang yang Wang
Department of Cellular Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cancer Res 67:4996-5002. 2007The scavenger receptor-A (SR-A), originally recognized by its ability to internalize modified lipoproteins, has largely been studied in relation to atherosclerosis as well as innate immunity against pathogen infection...
- Hsp110 and Grp170, members of the Hsp70 superfamily, bind to scavenger receptor-A and scavenger receptor expressed by endothelial cells-IJohn G Facciponte
Department of Immunology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Eur J Immunol 37:2268-79. 2007..7 macrophages, as does grp170. This hsp110/grp170 binding is inhibited by scavenger receptor ligands, suggesting a role for scavenger receptors as binding structures...
- Class A scavenger receptor-mediated macrophage adhesion requires coupling of calcium-independent phospholipase A(2) and 12/15-lipoxygenase to Rac and Cdc42 activationDejan M Nikolic
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Biol Chem 282:33405-11. 2007..Together, our results identify a novel role for iPLA(2)-catalyzed AA release and its metabolism by 12/15-LOX in coupling SR-A-mediated macrophage adhesion to Rac and Cdc42 activation...
- Class A scavenger receptors regulate tolerance against apoptotic cells, and autoantibodies against these receptors are predictive of systemic lupusFredrik Wermeling
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm 171 76, Sweden
J Exp Med 204:2259-65. 2007..Because the autoantibodies can be detected before onset of disease in mice, they could have predictive value as early indicators of SLE...
- Redundancy renders the glycoprotein 96 receptor scavenger receptor A dispensable for cross priming in vivoEric F Tewalt
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Milton S Hershey College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Immunology 125:480-91. 2008..The C-type lectin scavenger receptor A (SR-A) has been implicated in a number of potential cross presentation pathways, including the ..
- Extracellular release of the atheroprotective heat shock protein 27 is mediated by estrogen and competitively inhibits acLDL binding to scavenger receptor-AKatey Rayner
Vascular Biology Laboratory, Division of Cardiology, Room H 263, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Circ Res 103:133-41. 2008..Moreover, exogenous HSP27 added to culture media inhibited macrophage acLDL uptake and competed for the scavenger receptor A (SR-A)--an effect that was abolished with the SR-A competitive ligand fucoidan and absent in macrophages ..
- [Effect of scavenger receptor class A type I/II on lipid metabolism in mice]Mingbin Liu
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 37:495-7. 2008To observe the effects of scavenger receptor class A type I/II on lipid metabolism in mice.
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha suppresses the expression of macrophage scavenger receptor 1Ken Shirato
Department of Molecular Predictive Medicine and Sport Science, School of Medicine, Kyorin University, 6 20 6, Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo, 181 8611, Japan
Pflugers Arch 459:93-103. 2009..immune defenses against bacterial infection by phagocytosis of bacterial pathogens through the macrophage scavenger receptor 1 (MSR1)...
- Modified low density lipoproteins binding requires a lysine cluster region in the murine macrophage scavenger receptor class A type IIFrancisco J Leyva
Experimental Atherosclerosis Section, Translational Medicine, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Building 10, Room 5N 111, Bethesda, MD 20892 1422, USA
Mol Biol Rep 37:2847-52. 2010Atherosclerosis is a consequence of lipid deposition and foam cell formation in the arterial wall. Macrophage scavenger receptor A II is involved in the uptake of modified low density lipoproteins...
- Defective phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by macrophages in atherosclerotic lesions of ob/ob mice and reversal by a fish oil dietSuzhao Li
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Circ Res 105:1072-82. 2009..Defective clearance of apoptotic cells by macrophages (efferocytosis) is thought to lead to increased necrotic core formation and inflammation in atherosclerotic lesions...
- Glycation of a food allergen by the Maillard reaction enhances its T-cell immunogenicity: role of macrophage scavenger receptor class A type I and IIAnne Ilchmann
Junior Research Group 1 Experimental Allergology, Paul Ehrlich Institut, Paul Ehrlich St 59, Langen 63225, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:175-83.e1-11. 2010..It produces chemically glycated proteins termed advanced glycation end products (AGEs). The glycation structures of AGEs are suggested to function as pathogenesis-related immune epitopes in food allergy...
- A tumor suppressor function of the Msr1 gene in leukemia stem cells of chronic myeloid leukemiaYaoyu Chen
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Blood 118:390-400. 2011..Together, these results demonstrate that Msr1 suppresses LSCs and CML development. The enhancement of the tumor suppressor function of Msr1 may be of significance in the development of novel therapeutic strategies for CML...
- Suppression of TLR4-mediated inflammatory response by macrophage class A scavenger receptor (CD204)Koji Ohnishi
Department of Cell Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 411:516-22. 2011The class A scavenger receptor (SR-A, CD204), one of the principal receptors expressed on macrophages, has been found to regulate inflammatory response and attenuate septic endotoxemia...
- Mass-spectrometric characterization of peroxidized and hydrolyzed lipids in plasma and dendritic cells of tumor-bearing animalsVladimir A Tyurin
Center for Free Radical and Antioxidant Health, Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 3130, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 413:149-53. 2011..The dendritic cells accumulation of lipids is likely associated with their up-regulation of a scavenger receptor A. This receptor is primarily responsible for uptake of modified lipids...
- Hxt encodes a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor that regulates trophoblast cell developmentJ C Cross
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Development 121:2513-23. 1995..These data demonstrate a role for HLH factors in regulating trophoblast development and indicate a positive role for Hxt in promoting the formation of trophoblast giant cells...
- Growth retardation of Mato's fluorescent granular perithelial (FGP) cells in scavenger receptor knockout (SRKO) miceM Mato
Department of Anatomy, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Anat Rec 247:307-16. 1997..The scavenger receptor for oxidized low-density lipoprotein (LDL) is also expressed on their cytoplasmic membrane...
- Oxidized or acetylated low density lipoproteins are rapidly cleared by the liver in mice with disruption of the scavenger receptor class A type I/II geneW Ling
Department of Medicine, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Invest 100:244-52. 1997Oxidized low density lipoprotein (LDL) and acetyl LDL are recognized by the scavenger receptor class A type I/II (SR-AI/II) on macrophages and liver endothelial cells...
- Fresh mouse peritoneal macrophages have low scavenger receptor activityJ G Kim
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Lipid Res 38:2207-15. 1997....
- Role of macrophage scavenger receptors in hepatic granuloma formation in miceS I Hagiwara
Second Department of Pathology, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Kumamoto, Japan
Am J Pathol 154:705-20. 1999In mice homozygous for the gene mutation for type I and type II macrophage scavenger receptors (MSR-A), MSR-A-/-, the formation of hepatic granulomas caused by a single intravenous injection of heat-killed Corynebacterium parvum was ..
- Akt activation sustains silica induced inflammationCELINE BEAMER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Immunochaperone-based gene therapy targeting prostate cancerXiang yang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research could lead to the design of a clinical trial for patients with prostate cancer in the very near future. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..