Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sca-1
Description: lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus A
Alias: Ly-6A.2, Ly-6A/E, Ly-6E.1, Sca-1, Sca1, TAP, lymphocyte antigen 6A-2/6E-1, T-cell-activating protein, stem cell antigen 1
Publications110 found, 100 shown here
- Sca-1(pos) cells in the mouse mammary gland represent an enriched progenitor cell populationBryan E Welm
Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77035, USA
Dev Biol 245:42-56. 2002..Finally, the Sca-1(pos) population is enriched for functional stem/progenitor cells, as demonstrated by its increased regenerative potential compared with Sca-1(neg) cells when transplanted into the cleared mammary fat pads of host mice...
- Hematopoietic stem cell and progenitor defects in Sca-1/Ly-6A-null miceCaryn Y Ito
Programme in Cancer Blood, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 101:517-23. 2003..Thus, our studies conclusively demonstrate that Sca-1, in addition to being a marker of HSCs, regulates the developmental program of HSCs and specific progenitor populations...
- Cell surface expression of stem cell antigen-1 (Sca-1) distinguishes osteo-, chondro-, and adipoprogenitors in fetal mouse calvariaPieter Steenhuis
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, 1011 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 82:44-56. 2008..Calvaria-derived osteogenic cell populations may be useful in craniofacial tissue regeneration and repair...
- Sca-1 identifies the tumor-initiating cells in mammary tumors of BALB-neuT transgenic miceCristina Grange
Department of Internal Medicine, Molecular Biotechnology Center, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Neoplasia 10:1433-43. 2008..The data of the present study indicate that a Sca-1(+) population derived from mammary BALB-neuT tumors is responsible for sphere generation in culture and for initiating tumors in vivo...
- Isolation of a murine Ly-6 cDNA reveals a new multigene familyK P LeClair
EMBO J 5:3227-34. 1986..Isolation of Ly-6 genomic clones may promote a further understanding of the complex tissue-specific expression patterns characteristic of Ly-6-linked genes...
- Overexpressed Ly-6A.2 mediates cell-cell adhesion by binding a ligand expressed on lymphoid cellsA Bamezai
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:4294-8. 1995..2 binds a ligand that is expressed on thymocytes. Tg+ thymocytes also bind to nontransgenic thymocytes, B cells, and T cells, indicating that normal cells naturally express the Ly-6A.2 ligand...
- Ly-6A is required for T cell receptor expression and protein tyrosine kinase fyn activityS K Lee
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8011
EMBO J 13:2167-76. 1994..These data demonstrate that Ly-6A may regulate TCR expression and may be involved in early events of T cell activation via regulation of fyn tyrosine kinase activity...
- Altered proliferative response by T lymphocytes of Ly-6A (Sca-1) null miceW L Stanford
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7455, USA
J Exp Med 186:705-17. 1997..Moreover, T cells from Ly-6A-deficient animals exhibit a prolonged proliferative response to antigen stimulation, thereby suggesting that Ly-6A acts to downmodulate lymphocyte responses...
- Adult cardiac Sca-1-positive cells differentiate into beating cardiomyocytesKatsuhisa Matsuura
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:11384-91. 2004..These results suggest that Sca-1+ cells in the adult murine heart have potential as stem cells and may contribute to the regeneration of injured hearts...
- Stem cell antigen-1 is necessary for cell-cycle withdrawal and myoblast differentiation in C2C12 cellsConrad L Epting
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Sci 117:6185-95. 2004..These findings suggest that, beyond its role as a marker for muscle progenitors, Sca-1 may be an important therapeutic target for promoting muscle regeneration...
- Perivascular cells expressing annexin A5 define a novel mesenchymal stem cell-like population with the capacity to differentiate into multiple mesenchymal lineagesBent Brachvogel
Department of Cell and Matrix Biology, MCRI, 3052 Parkville Victoria, Australia
Development 132:2657-68. 2005..Hence, Anxa5 expression in perivascular cells from mouse defines a novel population of cells with a distinct developmental potential...
- Sca-1 negatively regulates proliferation and differentiation of muscle cellsPatrick O Mitchell
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, O W Rollins Research Center, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Dev Biol 283:240-52. 2005..These studies reveal a novel system that reversibly modulates the myogenic behavior of myoblasts. These studies provide evidence that, rather than being a fixed property, myoblast heterogeneity can be modulated by the microenvironment...
- Longitudinal analysis of mesenchymal progenitors and bone quality in the stem cell antigen-1-null osteoporotic mouseChristina Holmes
Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Bone Miner Res 22:1373-86. 2007..Defects in trabecular microarchitecture and mineralization were, at least partially, responsible for the age-related reduction in toughness of Sca-1(-/-) bones...
- Stem cell antigen-1 localizes to lipid microdomains and associates with insulin degrading enzyme in skeletal myoblastsConrad L Epting
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Cell Physiol 217:250-60. 2008..Future efforts to manipulate this pathway may lead to new strategies for augmenting the myogenic proliferative response, and ultimately muscle repair...
- Sca-1 expression is required for efficient remodeling of the extracellular matrix during skeletal muscle regenerationKimberly A Kafadar
Emory University, Department of Pharmacology, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Dev Biol 326:47-59. 2009..Further elucidation of the role of Sca-1 in matrix remodeling may aid in the development of novel therapeutic strategies for the treatment of fibrotic diseases...
- Ras activation contributes to the maintenance and expansion of Sca-1pos cells in a mouse model of breast cancerRan Ju Kim
Laboratory of Tumor Suppressor, Lee Gil Ya Cancer and Diabetes Research Institute, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon, South Korea
Cancer Lett 287:172-81. 2010..The Ras farnesylation inhibitor (FTI-277) suppressed the maintenance and expansion of CSCs. Therefore, selective inhibition of Ras activation may be useful for stem-specific cancer therapy...
- Expression of the hematopoietic stem cell antigen Sca-1 (LY-6A/E) in liver sinusoidal endothelial cells: possible function of Sca-1 in endothelial cellsGonzalo Luna
Laboratorio de Patología Celular y Molecular, Centro de Medicina Experimental, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas IVIC, Caracas 1020 A, Venezuela
Stem Cells Dev 13:528-35. 2004..These results suggest that Sca-1 may participate in several clinical conditions such as angiogenesis and inflammation...
- The isolation and sequence of the chromosomal gene and regulatory regions of Ly-6A.2W L Stanford
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599
Immunogenetics 35:408-11. 1992
- Genetic marking of hematopoietic stem and endothelial cells: identification of the Tmtsp gene encoding a novel cell surface protein with the thrombospondin-1 domainShin ichiro Takayanagi
Laboratory of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Experimental Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Blood 107:4317-25. 2006....
- Cardiac dysfunction and impaired compensatory response to pressure overload in mice deficient in stem cell antigen-1Nathalie Rosenblatt-Velin
Department of Medicine, University of Lausanne Medical School, Lausanne, Switzerland
FASEB J 26:229-39. 2012..The absence of Sca-1 results in uncontrolled precursor recruitment, exhaustion of the precursor pool, and cardiac dysfunction...
- Enrichment of functionally distinct mouse hematopoietic progenitor cell populations using CD62LScott Cho
Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2408, USA
J Immunol 187:5203-10. 2011..These data establish CD62L as a useful tool in the study of early hematopoiesis and emphasize the power of trilineage-engraftment studies in establishing the lineage potential of MPP subsets...
- The mouse ovarian surface epithelium contains a population of LY6A (SCA-1) expressing progenitor cells that are regulated by ovulation-associated factorsLisa F Gamwell
Center for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ontario, Canada
Biol Reprod 87:80. 2012..Our work has identified a population of LY6A+ MOSE progenitor cells on the surface of the ovary that may play a role in ovulatory wound healing...
- Distribution and homing pattern of c-kit+ Sca-1+ CXCR4+ resident cardiac stem cells in neonatal, postnatal, and adult mouse heartMarimuthu Saravanakumar
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Zoology, University of Madras, School of Life Science, Maraimalai Campus, Guindy, Chennai 600 025, Tamil Nadu, India
Cardiovasc Pathol 22:257-63. 2013..The aim of the present was to study the expression pattern of resident cardiac stem cell markers and their homing factor in neonatal, postnatal, and adult mouse heart...
- Quantitative imaging of haematopoietic stem and progenitor cell localization and hypoxic status in the bone marrow microenvironmentCésar Nombela-Arrieta
Division of Transfusion Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA corrected
Nat Cell Biol 15:533-43. 2013..These studies argue that the characteristic hypoxic state of HSPCs is not solely the result of a minimally oxygenated niche but may be partially regulated by cell-specific mechanisms...
- Stem cell antigen 1-positive mesenchymal cells are the origin of follicular cells during thyroid regenerationMinoru Okamoto
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e80801. 2013..thyroid regeneration, and bromodeoxyuridine (BrdU) long label-retaining cell analysis, we demonstrated that stem cell antigen 1 (Sca1) and BrdU-positive, but β-gal and NKX2-1 negative cells were found in the non-follicular mesenchymal ..
- Acute lymphoid leukemia cells with greater stem cell antigen-1 (Ly6a/Sca-1) expression exhibit higher levels of metalloproteinase activity and are more aggressive in vivoYu Chiao Hsu
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e88966. 2014..The results suggest the hypothesis that the more aggressive behavior of Ly6a/Sca-1 expressing leukemias is due at least in part to greater capacity to degrade microenvironmental stroma and invade tissues. ..
- Reversal of ischemic cardiomyopathy with Sca-1+ stem cells modified with multiple growth factorsNing Li
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e93645. 2014..We hypothesized that bone marrow derived Sca-1+ stem cells (BM Sca-1+) transduced with multiple therapeutic cytokines with diverse effects will induce faster angiomyogenic differentiation in the infarcted myocardium...
- Fat depot-specific gene signature and ECM remodeling of Sca1(high) adipose-derived stem cellsMasakuni Tokunaga
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of MEND, University of Michigan Medical School, United States
Matrix Biol 36:28-38. 2014Stem cell antigen-1 (Sca1 or Ly6A/E) is a cell surface marker that is widely expressed in mesenchymal stem cells, including adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs)...
- Activation of type II cells into regenerative stem cell antigen-1(+) cells during alveolar repairYuru Liu
Departments of 1 Pharmacology
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 53:113-24. 2015..Thus, P. aeruginosa-mediated lung injury induces the generation of a Sca-1(+) subset of type II cells. The progenitor phenotype of the Sp-C(+)Sca-1(+) cells that mediates alveolar epithelial repair might involve Wnt signaling. ..
- cKit Lineage Hemogenic Endothelium-Derived Cells Contribute to Mesenteric Lymphatic VesselsLukas Stanczuk
The Beijer Laboratory, Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Dag Hammarskjöldsväg 20, 752 85 Uppsala, Sweden Lymphatic Development Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute LRI, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LY, UK
Cell Rep . 2015..The progenitor cells identified in this study may be exploited to restore lymphatic function following cancer surgery, lymphedema, or tissue trauma...
- ADAMTS9-Mediated Extracellular Matrix Dynamics Regulates Umbilical Cord Vascular Smooth Muscle Differentiation and RotationSumeda Nandadasa
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cell Rep 11:1519-28. 2015..In addition, we observed disrupted Shh signaling and perturbed orientation of the mesenchymal primary cilium. Thus, ECM dynamics is a major influence on umbilical vascular SMC fate, with ADAMTS9 acting as its principal mediator. ..
- Negative Regulation of TGFβ Signaling by Stem Cell Antigen-1 Protects against Ischemic Acute Kidney InjuryTROY D CAMARATA
Leukocyte Biology and Inflammation Program, Renal Division and Department of Medicine Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0129561. 2015..These studies demonstrate that by normally repressing TGFβ-mediated canonical Smad signaling, Sca-1 plays an important in renal epithelial cell homeostasis and in recovery of renal function following ischemic acute kidney injury. ..
- Sphingosylphosphorylcholine promotes the differentiation of resident Sca-1 positive cardiac stem cells to cardiomyocytes through lipid raft/JNK/STAT3 and β-catenin signaling pathwaysWenjing Li
Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Animal Cells and Developmental Biology, School of Life Science, Shandong University, Jinan 250100, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1863:1579-88. 2016..We found no crosstalk between the lipid raft/JNK/STAT3 and β-catenin pathway. Our study describes a lipid, SPC, as an endogenic inducer of myogenic conversion in Sca-1(+) stem cells with low toxicity and high efficiency for uptake. ..
- Up-Regulation of miRNA-21 Expression Promotes Migration and Proliferation of Sca-1+ Cardiac Stem Cells in MiceQingling Zhou
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, the Second Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China mainland
Med Sci Monit 22:1724-32. 2016....
- The Membrane-Bound Form of IL-17A Promotes the Growth and Tumorigenicity of Colon Cancer CellsDo Thi Van Anh
Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Mol Cells 39:536-42. 2016..These results indicate that IL-17A promotes tumorigenicity by enhancing cell cycle progression. This finding should be considered in treating tumors and immune-related diseases. ..
- Diet-induced obesity in stem cell antigen-1 KO miceJaroslaw Staszkiewicz
Regenerative Biology Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808, USA
Stem Cells Dev 21:249-59. 2012..Thus, the Sca-1-deficient mice may provide a useful model for metabolic studies...
- Stem cell antigen-1 deficiency enhances the chemopreventive effect of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorγ activationHongyan Yuan
Department of Oncology and Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:51-60. 2012..These data implicate Sca-1 as a negative regulator of the tumor suppressor effects of PPARγ...
- Polymorphisms in Ly6 genes in Msq1 encoding susceptibility to mouse adenovirus type 1Matthew T Stier
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 5620, USA
Mamm Genome 23:250-8. 2012..Collectively, these genetic variations have implications for the structure, function, and/or expression of Ly6 and Ly6-related genes that may contribute to the observed strain-specific differences in susceptibility to MAV-1...
- Mammary collective cell migration involves transient loss of epithelial features and individual cell migration within the epitheliumAndrew J Ewald
Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Sci 125:2638-54. 2012..Our data suggest that reductions in polarity and adhesion during breast cancer progression might reflect partial recapitulation of a normal developmental program...
- Trophoblasts regulate the placental hematopoietic niche through PDGF-B signalingAkanksha Chhabra
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Cell 22:651-9. 2012..These data provide genetic evidence of a signaling pathway that is required to restrict erythroid differentiation to specific anatomical niches during development...
- Airway epithelial cell differentiation during lung organogenesis requires C/EBPα and C/EBPβAbraham B Roos
Department of Medicine, Respiratory Medicine Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Dev Dyn 241:911-23. 2012..Epithelial differentiation was assessed in mice with a lung epithelial-specific (SFTPC-Cre-mediated) deletion of C/EBPα (Cebpa(ΔLE) ), C/EBPβ (Cebpb(ΔLE) ), or both genes (Cebpa(ΔLE) ; Cebpb(ΔLE) )...
- Expanding Sca-1(+) mammary stem cell in the presence of oestrogen and growth hormoneXiaowei Dou
Center of Excellence in Tissue Engineering, Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and School of Basic Medicine, Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dongdansantiao, Beijing 100005, China
Clin Transl Oncol 14:444-51. 2012..The object of our study is to establish the Medium to promote the proliferation of mammary stem cell and explore the possibility of Sca-1 as mammary stem cell marker...
- Sca-1 knockout impairs myocardial and cardiac progenitor cell functionBrandi Bailey
SDSU Heart Institute, and Department of Biology, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Dr, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Circ Res 111:750-60. 2012..Cardiac progenitor cells are important for maintenance of myocardial structure and function, but molecular mechanisms governing these progenitor cells remain obscure and require elucidation to enhance regenerative therapeutic approaches...
- PECAM1(+)/Sca1(+)/CD38(+) vascular cells transform into myofibroblast-like cells in skin wound repairJulia Etich
Center for Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Cologne, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e53262. 2013..Here, we characterize a PECAM1(+)/Sca1(+) vascular cell population in mouse skin, which is highly enriched in wounds at the peak of neoangiogenesis and ..
- Isolation of pancreatic progenitor cells with the surface marker of hematopoietic stem cellsFengxia Ma
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Hospital of Blood Disease, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin 300020, China
Int J Endocrinol 2012:948683. 2012..These results suggested that c-Kit could be used to isolate pancreatic progenitor cells and our new culture system permitted pancreatic progenitor cells to differentiate to mature endocrine cells...
- A putative role for microRNA-205 in mammary epithelial cell progenitorsStephanie B Greene
Program in Developmental Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cell Sci 123:606-18. 2010..This cell line contains a heterogeneous subpopulation of progenitors characterized by the expression of stem cell antigen 1 (Sca-1; encoded by Ly6a)...
- In vitro and in vivo proliferation, differentiation and migration of cardiac endothelial progenitor cells (SCA1+/CD31+ side-population cells)S X Liang
Center for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Thromb Haemost 9:1628-37. 2011..Previous studies suggested that cardiac SP (CSP) cells could be divided into SCA1(+)/CD31(-) and SCA1(+)/CD31(+) CSP cells...
- MicroRNA-126 modulates endothelial SDF-1 expression and mobilization of Sca-1(+)/Lin(-) progenitor cells in ischaemiaCoen van Solingen
Department of Nephrology, LUMC, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 92:449-55. 2011..Based on the seed sequence, miR-126 can also be predicted to regulate vasculogenesis by modulating the endothelial expression of stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)...
- Induction of Sca-1 in the duct cells of the mouse submandibular gland by obstruction of the main excretory ductNunuk Purwanti
Department of Molecular Oral Physiology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima shi, Tokushima, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 40:651-8. 2011..These results imply that Sca-1-positive cells may have a role in the duct cell proliferation in the regeneration step elicited by MED ligation-induced injury...
- Embryonic epithelial Pten deletion through Nkx2.1-cre leads to thyroid tumorigenesis in a strain-dependent mannerCaterina Tiozzo
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:111-22. 2012..Our results indicate that Pten has a pivotal role in thyroid development and its deletion results in thyroid tumor formation, with the timing and severity of the tumor depending on the particular genetic background...
- Alcohol impairs the myeloid proliferative response to bacteremia in mice by inhibiting the stem cell antigen-1/ERK pathwayJohn Nicholas Melvan
Department of Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Immunol 188:1961-9. 2012..Suppression of this response could represent an underlying mechanism for developing myelosuppression in alcohol-abusing hosts with severe bacterial infection...
- Sca-1+ cardiosphere-derived cells are enriched for Isl1-expressing cardiac precursors and improve cardiac function after myocardial injuryJianqin Ye
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30329. 2012..Cardiospheres (CSs) have been proposed to have cardiac regenerative properties; however, their cellular composition and how they may be influenced by the tissue milieu remains unclear...
- Inferring rules of lineage commitment in haematopoiesisCristina Pina
Stem Cell Laboratory, UCL Cancer Institute, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nat Cell Biol 14:287-94. 2012....
- Stem cell antigen 1 protects against cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis after pressure overloadHeng Zhou
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, JieFang Rd 238, Wuhan 430060, People s Republic of China
Hypertension 60:802-9. 2012..Our results suggest that Sca-1 protects against cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis via regulation of multiple pathways in cardiomyocytes...
- Low expression of stem cell antigen-1 on mouse haematopoietic precursors is associated with erythroid differentiationMirna Azalea-Romero
Laboratory of Cancer and Hematopoiesis, Superior School of Medicine, National Polytechnic Institute, C P 11340 México, Mexico
Cell Immunol 279:187-95. 2012b>Sca1 is a surface marker of haematopoietic stem cell but its role in erythropoiesis is still largely unknown. In this work we evaluated the ability of Sca1⁺ cells to differentiate into cells of the erythrocytic lineage...
- Toll-like receptor 4/stem cell antigen 1 signaling promotes hematopoietic precursor cell commitment to granulocyte development during the granulopoietic response to Escherichia coli bacteremiaXin Shi
Department of Surgery, College of Human Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Infect Immun 81:2197-205. 2013..These results demonstrate that TLR4/Sca-1 signaling plays an important role in the regulation of hematopoietic precursor cell programming and their enhancement of granulocyte lineage commitment in response to E. coli bacteremia...
- Characterization of promoter elements of an interferon-inducible Ly-6E/A differentiation antigen, which is expressed on activated T cells and hematopoietic stem cellsK D Khan
Department of Biology, Yale University Medical School, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Mol Cell Biol 10:5150-9. 1990..The Ly-6E gene may prove to be a novel system for the study of interferon induction...
- Isolation, expression, and sequence of the TAP/Ly-6A.2 chromosomal geneJ T McGrew
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
J Immunol 146:3633-8. 1991..2 chromosomal gene that contains 3.9 kb of 5'-untranslated sequence is IFN responsive. However, a shorter chromosomal clone containing only 940 bp of 5' sequence is constitutively expressed in transfectants but does not respond to IFN...
- cDNA characterization of an Ly-6.2 gene expressed in BW5147 tumor cellsR G Palfree
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021
Immunogenetics 26:389-91. 1987
- Cloning and expression of a cDNA for the T-cell-activating protein TAPH Reiser
Harvard Medical School, Department of Pathology, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:2255-9. 1988The T-cell-activating protein TAP is a murine phosphatidylinositol-anchored glycoprotein whose expression is controlled by the Ly-6 locus...
- Biosynthesis, glycosylation, and partial N-terminal amino acid sequence of the T-cell-activating protein TAPH Reiser
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:3370-4. 1987We have characterized the TAP molecule, an Ly-6 linked T-cell-activating glycoprotein...
- Ly-6A.2 and Ly-6E.1 molecules are antithetical and identical to MALA-1R G Palfree
Immunogenetics 23:197-207. 1986....
- Characterization of Ly-6M, a novel member of the Ly-6 family of hematopoietic proteinsJ M Patterson
Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Stem Cell Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 95:3125-32. 2000..The identification and characterization of Ly-6M adds a new member to a complex family of homologous, tightly linked genes that have proven extremely useful reagents for defining populations within the hematopoietic system...
- Expression of Ly-6A/E in the mouse uterus during implantation periodK Tatsumi
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 58:159-65. 2001..These findings suggest that Ly-6A/E plays a role in embryo implantation...
- Pro- and anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family in skeletal muscle: a distinct role for Bcl-2 in later stages of myogenesisJ A Dominov
Myogenesis Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Dev Dyn 220:18-26. 2001..Thus, Bcl-2 function is required for particular stages of fetal and postnatal myogenesis...
- Ly-6A.2 expression regulates antigen-specific CD4+ T cell proliferation and cytokine productionS Christine Henderson
Department of Cellular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Immunol 168:118-26. 2002..2 ligand on APC); and 2) Ly-6A.2 expression on CD4+ T cells promotes production of IL-4, a Th2 differentiation factor...
- Expression of the Ly-6A (Sca-1) lacZ transgene in mouse haematopoietic stem cells and embryosXiaoqian Ma
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Haematol 116:401-8. 2002..Surprisingly, when compared with data from Ly-6E lacZ transgenic mice, our results suggest that the Ly-6A cassette does not improve lacZ marker gene expression in haematopoietic cells...
- CD34 is a specific marker of mature murine mast cellsErin Drew
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Exp Hematol 30:1211-8. 2002..Recently we found that CD34 is the prototypic member of a family of three proteins with similar structure and gene organization. In light of this observation, we further examined the distribution of CD34 family members in the mouse...
- Ly-6 superfamily members Ly-6A/E, Ly-6C, and Ly-6I recognize two potential ligands expressed by B lymphocytesDavid L Pflugh
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Immunol 169:5130-6. 2002....
- Enhanced green fluorescent protein targeted to the Sca-1 (Ly-6A) locus in transgenic mice results in efficient marking of hematopoietic stem cells in vivoPiia Hanson
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stem Cell Biology Section, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Exp Hematol 31:159-67. 2003..To facilitate these studies, we sought to develop a system for targeting genes of interest to the hematopoietic stem cell compartment in transgenic mice...
- Stem cell antigen-1 expression in the pulmonary vascular endotheliumDarrell N Kotton
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L990-6. 2003..Overall, our data indicate that Sca-1 expression helps define the surface phenotype of endothelial cells throughout the pulmonary vasculature...
- Hmgb3: an HMG-box family member expressed in primitive hematopoietic cells that inhibits myeloid and B-cell differentiationMichael J Nemeth
Hematopoiesis Section, National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 4442, USA
Blood 102:1298-306. 2003..We conclude that down-regulation of Hmgb3 protein levels is an important step for myeloid and B-cell differentiation...
- Mesenchymal progenitor self-renewal deficiency leads to age-dependent osteoporosis in Sca-1/Ly-6A null miceMortaza Bonyadi
Program in Development and Fetal Health, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X5
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:5840-5. 2003..Thus, defective mesenchymal stem or progenitor cell self-renewal may represent a previously uncharacterized mechanism of age-dependent osteoporosis in humans...
- Skeletal myogenic progenitors in the endothelium of lung and yolk sacMaria Gabriella Cusella De Angelis
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Exp Cell Res 290:207-16. 2003..The number (or potency to generate skeletal muscle) of these vessels associated cells decreases rapidly with age and is very low in mature animals, possibly correlating with reduced regenerative capacity of adult mammalian tissues...
- Stem cell expression of the AML1/ETO fusion protein induces a myeloproliferative disorder in miceTimothy S Fenske
Stem Cell Biology Section, Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:15184-9. 2004..the pathogenesis of AML, we used the Ly6A locus that encodes the well characterized hematopoietic stem cell marker, Sca1, to target expression of AML1/ETO to the hematopoietic stem cell compartment in mice...
- LY6A/E (SCA-1) expression in the mouse testisMaaike P A Van Bragt
Department of Endocrinology, Faculty of Biology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Biol Reprod 73:634-8. 2005..Therefore, we conclude that LY6A expression does not influence testis development or spermatogenesis and that spermatogonial stem cells are LY6A negative...
- Roles of Sca-1 in hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell functionSteven B Bradfute
Department of Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Exp Hematol 33:836-43. 2005..This study was focused on studying the role of Sca-1 (Ly-6 A/E) in hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell self-renewal, activation, and lineage fate...
- Prolonged skin allograft survival in Scid mice reconstituted with isogeneic bone marrow stem cell antigen-1-positive cells and thymus tissueZ Gao
Department of Pathology, Foothills Medical Center, University of Calgary, 1403 29 Street NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 2T9, Canada
Transplant Proc 37:2300-2. 2005..We hypothesized that direct persistent contact of bone marrow stem cells with graft alloantigen will result in tolerance to that antigen in the adult animal...
- Combinatorial Gata2 and Sca1 expression defines hematopoietic stem cells in the bone marrow nicheNorio Suzuki
Japan Science and Technology Agency JST Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology ERATO Environmental Response Project, Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2202-7. 2006..We conclude that the HSC niche is composed of solitary cells and that adult bone marrow HSC are not clustered...
- The homeodomain transcription factor Prep1 (pKnox1) is required for hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell activityPatrizia Di Rosa
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, Italy
Dev Biol 311:324-34. 2007..Indeed, wt embryonic expression of Prep1 in the aorta-gonad-mesonephros (AGM) region, fetal liver (FL), cKit(+)Sca1(+)Lin(-)AA4.1(+) (KSLA) cells and B-lymphocytes precursors agrees with the observed phenotype...
- Stem cell antigen-1 regulates the tempo of muscle repair through effects on proliferation of alpha7 integrin-expressing myoblastsConrad L Epting
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0130, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:1125-35. 2008..These studies also suggest that the balance between myogenic precursor proliferation and differentiation is critical to normal muscle repair...
- The lineage-c-Kit+Sca-1+ cell response to Escherichia coli bacteremia in Balb/c micePing Zhang
Department of Medicine, Section of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 1393, USA
Stem Cells 26:1778-86. 2008..Functional modifications of these primitive hematopoietic precursors are critical for enhancing granulocyte production following bacterial infection...
- A sonic hedgehog signaling domain in the arterial adventitia supports resident Sca1+ smooth muscle progenitor cellsJenna N Passman
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9349-54. 2008..a sonic hedgehog (Shh) signaling domain restricted to the adventitial layer of artery wall that supports resident Sca1-positive vascular progenitor cells (AdvSca1)...
- IFATS collection: Stem cell antigen-1-positive ear mesenchymal stem cells display enhanced adipogenic potentialJaroslaw Staszkiewicz
Regenerative Biology Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808, USA
Stem Cells 26:2666-73. 2008..b>Stem cell antigen 1 (Sca-1) has been used recently as a candidate marker in the search for tissue-resident stem cells...
- Hedgehog signaling to distinct cell types differentially regulates coronary artery and vein developmentKory J Lavine
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 135:3161-71. 2008..Finally, we present evidence suggesting that coronary arteries and veins may be derived from distinct lineages...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 and -4 promote the proliferation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells by the activation of the PI3K-Akt and ERK1/2 signaling pathwaysSeung Cheol Choi
Department of Cardiology, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Stem Cells Dev 17:725-36. 2008..Taken together, these data suggest that FGF-2 and -4 promote the proliferation of Sca-1(+) BMMSCs by activation of the ERK1/2 and PI3K-Akt signaling pathways...
- Mice deficient in stem cell antigen-1 (Sca1, Ly-6A/E) develop normal primary and memory CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell responses to virus infectionJason K Whitmire
Department of Immunology and Microbial Science, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Eur J Immunol 39:1494-504. 2009Stem cell antigen-1 (Sca1, Ly-6A/E) is a well-established marker of murine hematopoietic stem cells, and also is expressed on memory T cells...
- Enrichment of Sca1+ hematopoietic progenitors in polycythemic mice inhibits leukemogenesisTatiana Usenko
Molecular and Cellular Biology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 114:1831-41. 2009..Herein, we show that these mice exhibit enrichment of Sca1(+)/cKit(-) progenitors and several mature immune cells, such as dendritic cells and macrophages...
- Upregulation of stem cell antigen-1 in the lung of neonatal mice exposed to environmental cigarette smokeAlberto Izzotti
Department of Health Sciences, University of Genoa, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
Oncol Rep 22:469-74. 2009..These findings may contribute to explain the high vulnerability of mouse lung early in life...
- Prospective identification, isolation, and systemic transplantation of multipotent mesenchymal stem cells in murine bone marrowSatoru Morikawa
Department of Physiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Exp Med 206:2483-96. 2009..Naive MSCs resided in the perivascular region in a quiescent state. This study provides the useful method needed to identify MSCs as defined in vivo entities...
- Brief report: interferon-gamma induces expansion of Lin(-)Sca-1(+)C-Kit(+) CellsXin Zhao
Department of Genetics, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Stem Cells 28:122-6. 2010..Therefore, our findings demonstrated a novel role of IFNgamma in activating hematopoietic progenitor cells and provide a new insight into the clinical application of interferon...
- Innate production of T(H)2 cytokines by adipose tissue-associated c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+) lymphoid cellsKazuyo Moro
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nature 463:540-4. 2010..Thus, FALC Lin(-)c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+) cells are T(H)2-type innate lymphocytes, and we propose that these cells be called 'natural helper cells'...
- Impaired infarct healing in atherosclerotic mice with Ly-6C(hi) monocytosisPeter Panizzi
Center for Systems Biology, Simches Research Building, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:1629-38. 2010..The aim of this study was to test whether blood monocytosis in mice with atherosclerosis affects infarct healing...
- Endothelial protein C receptor-expressing hematopoietic stem cells reside in the perisinusoidal niche in fetal liverHiroko Iwasaki
Department of Cell Differentiation, The Sakaguchi Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 116:544-53. 2010..In conclusion, EPCR(+) HSCs resided in the perisinusoidal niche in mouse FL...
- MicroRNAs enriched in hematopoietic stem cells differentially regulate long-term hematopoietic outputRyan M O'Connell
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14235-40. 2010..Our study identifies an evolutionarily conserved subset of miRNAs that is expressed in HSCs and functions to modulate hematopoietic output...
- Aggressive fibromatosis (desmoid tumor) is derived from mesenchymal progenitor cellsColleen Wu
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 70:7690-8. 2010..Protecting this progenitor cell population might prevent tumor formation in patients harboring a germline APC mutation, where fibromatosis is currently the leading cause of mortality...
- Early B cell factor 2 regulates hematopoietic stem cell homeostasis in a cell-nonautonomous mannerMatthias Kieslinger
Department of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Cell Stem Cell 7:496-507. 2010..Thus, Ebf2 acts as a transcriptional determinant of an osteoblastic niche that regulates the maintenance of hematopoietic progenitors, in part by modulating Wnt signaling...
- Sca-1 influences the innate immune response during skeletal muscle regenerationKimberly K Long
Boston Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 300:C287-94. 2011..Collectively, these data reveal a novel role for Sca-1 in innate immunity during muscle regeneration and indicate that further elucidation of immuno-myogenic processes will help to better understand and promote muscle regeneration...
- Sca-1 is negatively regulated by TGF-beta1 in myogenic cellsKimberly K Long
Department of Infectious Diseases, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
FASEB J 25:1156-65. 2011..Elucidation of the mechanisms by which Sca-1 expression is regulated may aid in the understanding of muscle homeostasis, potentially identifying novel therapeutic targets for muscle diseases...
- CDK6 kinase activity is required for thymocyte developmentMiaofen G Hu
Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 117:6120-31. 2011..This role of CDK6 as a downstream mediator of Notch identifies CDK6 kinase activity as a potential therapeutic target in human lymphoid malignancies...
- Stem cell antigen-1 enhances tumorigenicity by disruption of growth differentiation factor-10 (GDF10)-dependent TGF-beta signalingGeeta Upadhyay
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:7820-5. 2011..These findings suggest a new functional role for Sca-1 in maintaining tumorigenicity, in part by acting as a potent suppressor of TGF-β signaling...