Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Saa3
Description: serum amyloid A 3
Alias: AV098916, Saa-3, l7R3, serum amyloid A-3 protein
- Regulation of mouse serum amyloid A3 gene expression during acute phase reactionH Shimizu
Department of Molecular Pathology, Kanazawa University, Japan
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 30:141-2. 1992
- Structure of the murine serum amyloid A gene family. Gene conversionC A Lowell
J Biol Chem 261:8442-52. 1986..Comparison of the upstream regions of the SAA genes with those of the rat fibrinogen genes, whose expression is also induced by inflammation, reveals sequences common to all six genes which are very improbable on a random basis...
- The adipokine SAA3 is induced by interleukin-1beta in mouse adipocytesGrit Sommer
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Cell Biochem 104:2241-7. 2008..In the current study, regulation of SAA3 by the proinflammatory and insulin resistance-inducing cytokine interleukin (IL)-1beta was determined in 3T3-L1 and ..
- Acute-phase serum amyloid A as a marker of insulin resistance in miceLudger Scheja
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, University Medical Center, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Exp Diabetes Res 2008:230837. 2008..In adipose tissue Saa3 was the predominant isoform and the earliest inflammatory marker induced, suggesting it is important for initiation ..
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces serum amyloid A3 in mouse granulosa cellsDeok Soo Son
Center for Reproductive Sciences and Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Endocrinology 145:2245-52. 2004..Serum amyloid A3 (SAA3), a main acute-phase protein, was induced by TNF in granulosa cells...
- The S100A8-serum amyloid A3-TLR4 paracrine cascade establishes a pre-metastatic phaseSachie Hiratsuka
Department of Pharmacology, Tokyo Women s Medical University School of Medicine, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 10:1349-55. 2008..show that in lung endothelial cells and macrophages, Toll-like receptor (TLR) 4 acts as a functional receptor for SAA3 in the pre-metastatic phase...
- NF-kappa B and C/EBP transcription factor families synergistically function in mouse serum amyloid A gene expression induced by inflammatory cytokinesH Shimizu
Department of Molecular Pathology, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Gene 149:305-10. 1994..We demonstrate that the expression of one of SAA genes (SAA3) is induced by interleukin-1 (IL-1), and that other inflammatory cytokines such as IL-6 and leukemia inhibitory ..
- Serum amyloid A3 does not contribute to circulating SAA levelsTsuyoshi Chiba
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Lipid Res 50:1353-62. 2009..We took advantage of the difference in the inducible isoforms of SAA secreted by adipose tissue (SAA3) and liver (SAA1 and 2) of mice to evaluate whether adipose tissue contributes to the circulating pool of SAA in ..
- Regulation of serum amyloid A3 (SAA3) in mouse colonic epithelium and adipose tissue by the intestinal microbiotaChristopher S Reigstad
Sahlgrenska Center for Cardiovascular and Metabolic Research Wallenberg Laboratory, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 4:e5842. 2009..Adipose tissue-derived SAA3 displays monocyte chemotactic activity and may play a role in metabolic inflammation associated with obesity and ..
- Serum amyloid A activates the NLRP3 inflammasome and promotes Th17 allergic asthma in miceJennifer L Ather
Vermont Lung Center, Division of Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Immunol 187:64-73. 2011..In this study, we demonstrate that Saa3 is expressed in the lungs of mice exposed to several mixed Th2/Th17-polarizing allergic sensitization regimens...
- Adipocyte-derived serum amyloid A3 and hyaluronan play a role in monocyte recruitment and adhesionChang Yeop Han
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6426, USA
Diabetes 56:2260-73. 2007..receptor (PPAR)gamma was downregulated in hypertrophic 3T3-L1 cells, with increased expression of SAA3 and increased hyaluronan production. Rosiglitazone, a PPARgamma agonist, reversed these changes...
- Herpes simplex virus type 1 induces simultaneous activation of Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 and expression of the endogenous ligand serum amyloid A in astrocytesMelina Villalba
Instituto de Microbiologia Clinica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Austral de Chile, P O Box 567, Valdivia, Chile
Med Microbiol Immunol 201:371-9. 2012..of interferon regulatory factors IRF3 and IRF7, interferon β (INFβ), interleukin 6 (IL6), and serum amyloid A (SAA3) transcripts, as well as phospho-IRF3 protein...
- Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie dietJoseph A Baur
Department of Pathology, Paul F Glenn Laboratories for the Biological Mechanisms of Aging, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 444:337-42. 2006..These data show that improving general health in mammals using small molecules is an attainable goal, and point to new approaches for treating obesity-related disorders and diseases of ageing...
- Blockade of Angiotensin II type-1 receptor reduces oxidative stress in adipose tissue and ameliorates adipocytokine dysregulationA Kurata
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Kidney Int 70:1717-24. 2006..Ang II signaling and subsequent oxidative stress in adipose tissue may be potential targets for the prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in metabolic syndrome and also in metabolic syndrome-based CKD...
- Functional annotation of mammalian genomic DNA sequence by chemical mutagenesis: a fine-structure genetic mutation map of a 1- to 2-cM segment of mouse chromosome 7 corresponding to human chromosome 11p14-p15Eugene M Rinchik
Life Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, P O Box 2009, Oak Ridge, TN 37831 8077, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:844-9. 2002..Four complementation groups were defined by seven prenatally lethal mutations, including a group (l7R3) comprised of two alleles of obvious differing severity...
- A point mutation in the murine Hem1 gene reveals an essential role for Hematopoietic protein 1 in lymphopoiesis and innate immunityHeon Park
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Exp Med 205:2899-913. 2008....
- Hypoxia increases serum amyloid A3 (SAA3) in differentiated 3T3-L1 adipocytesEdson Mendes de Oliveira
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analysis, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 580, Sao Paulo, CEP 05508 900, Brazil
Inflammation 36:1107-10. 2013..Hypoxia leads to a substantial increase in SAA3 mRNA and protein level, apparently in a time-dependent manner (threefold in 48 h), in fully differentiated 3T3-L1, ..
- Role of the adiponectin binding protein, T-cadherin (cdh13), in pulmonary responses to subacute ozoneDavid I Kasahara
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health HSPH, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e65829. 2013..Similar results were obtained for pulmonary mRNA expression of saa3, an acute phase protein capable of inducing IL-17A expression...
- Serum amyloid A3 binds MD-2 to activate p38 and NF-κB pathways in a MyD88-dependent mannerAtsuko Deguchi
Department of Pharmacology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
J Immunol 191:1856-64. 2013Serum amyloid A (SAA) 3 is a major component of the acute phase of inflammation. We previously reported that SAA3 served as an endogenous peptide ligand for TLR4 to facilitate lung metastasis...
- Serum amyloid A3 exacerbates cancer by enhancing the suppressive capacity of myeloid-derived suppressor cells via TLR2-dependent STAT3 activationJung Mi Lee
Laboratory of Immunology, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Eur J Immunol 44:1672-84. 2014..In this study, we proposed a novel mechanism by which serum amyloid A3 (SAA3), a well-known inflammatory factor, connects MDSCs with cancer progression...
- Up-regulation of MUC2 mucin expression by serum amyloid A3 protein in mouse colonic epithelial cellsHiroaki Shigemura
Laboratory of Food and Environmental Hygiene, Cooperative Department of Veterinary Medicine, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 76:985-91. 2014..In this study, to clarify the roles of SAA3 in the intestine, we characterized mRNA expression in mouse colonic epithelial CMT-93 cells treated with rotavirus, ..
- Serum amyloid A is a retinol binding protein that transports retinol during bacterial infectionMEHABAW G DEREBE
Department of Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, United States
elife 3:e03206. 2014..We determined the crystal structure of mouse SAA3 at a resolution of 2 Å, finding that it forms a tetramer with a hydrophobic binding pocket that can accommodate ..
- Deletion of serum amyloid A3 improves high fat high sucrose diet-induced adipose tissue inflammation and hyperlipidemia in female miceLaura J den Hartigh
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e108564. 2014..b>SAA3, an inducible form of SAA, is highly expressed in adipose tissue in obese mice where it promotes monocyte ..
- Acute-phase protein serum amyloid A3 is a novel paracrine coupling factor that controls bone homeostasisRoman Thaler
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Osteology, Wiener Gebietskrankenkasse and Allgemeine Unfallversicherungsanstalt, Trauma Center Meidling, 1st Medical Department, Hanusch Hospital, Vienna, Austria and Departments of Orthopedic Surgery and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
FASEB J 29:1344-59. 2015Serum amyloid A (A-SAA/Saa3) was shown before to affect osteoblastic metabolism...
- Serum Amyloid A3 Secreted by Preosteoclasts Inhibits Parathyroid Hormone-stimulated cAMP Signaling in Murine OsteoblastsShilpa Choudhary
New England Musculoskeletal Institute, University of Connecticut Health, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 From the Departments of Medicine and
J Biol Chem 291:3882-94. 2016..Inhibition was reversed by pertussis toxin (PTX), which blocks Gαi/o activation. Saa3 was the most highly differentially expressed gene in a microarray comparison of RANKL-treated WT versus Cox2 KO ..
- Suppression of LPS-induced tau hyperphosphorylation by serum amyloid AJin Liu
School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, 200240, China
J Neuroinflammation 13:28. 2016..Serum amyloid A (SAA), an acute-phase protein with cytokine-like property, has been implicated in amyloid deposition. It remains unclear whether SAA affects tau hyperphosphorylation...
- Interaction of adenosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate and tumor necrosis factor-alpha on serum amyloid A3 expression in mouse granulosa cells: dependence on CCAAT-enhancing binding protein-beta isoformDeok Soo Son
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Endocrinology 151:3407-19. 2010..Because ovulation is an inflammatory reaction and TNF specifically induces serum amyloid A3 (SAA3) in mouse granulosa cells, the effect of cAMP on TNF-induced SAA3 promoter activity, mRNA and protein was ..
- Identification of mutations from phenotype-driven ENU mutagenesis in mouse chromosome 7Cymbeline T Culiat
Life Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Bethel Valley Road, P O Box 2008, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 37831 6445, USA
Mamm Genome 16:555-66. 2005..Our data demonstrate that rapid mutation scanning with TGCE, followed by sequence verification only of detected positives, is an efficient approach to the identification of point mutations in the mouse genome...
- Induction of the mouse serum amyloid A3 gene by cytokines requires both C/EBP family proteins and a novel constitutive nuclear factorJ H Huang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Mol Cell Biol 14:4475-84. 1994..We have previously demonstrated that a 350-bp promoter fragment from the mouse SAA3 gene was necessary and sufficient to confer liver-specific and cytokine-induced expression...
- Murine serum amyloid A3 is a high density apolipoprotein and is secreted by macrophagesR L Meek
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:7949-52. 1992..b>SAA3 is a unique member of the SAA multigene family in mice in that its mRNA is also expressed in extrahepatic tissues ..
- The sequence and structure of a new serum amyloid A geneR S Stearman
Nucleic Acids Res 14:797-809. 1986..The sequence of the cDNA, the gene's exons and neighboring DNA are presented along with the mapping evidence supporting the gene structure...
- Regulation of amyloid A gene expression in cultured cellsH Y Rienhoff
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104
Mol Cell Biol 8:3710-6. 1988..We report here the characterization of a cell line derived from mouse liver (BNL) in which the expression of SAA3 mRNA is regulated...
- Diverse gene expression for isotypes of murine serum amyloid A protein during acute phase reactionK Yamamoto
Science 232:227-9. 1986..Thus, the study emphasizes the importance of SAA gene structure in determining susceptibility to amyloidosis...
- Structural diversity of murine serum amyloid A genes. Evolutionary implicationsK Yamamoto
J Immunol 139:1683-8. 1987..comparison also shows that one (SAA4) of the other two genes is related to the SAA1/2 gene, whereas the other gene (SAA3) evolved independently. Based on these results and the SAA gene arrangement, we discussed mouse SAA gene evolution.
- Regulation of synthesis of amyloid A-related proteinR S Stearman
Ann N Y Acad Sci 389:106-15. 1982..Little or no change is found after LPS administration. This suggests that other factors are responsible for the increase in SAAL mRNA in the acute phase response...
- The gene encoding the mouse serum amyloid A protein, apo-SAA5, maps to proximal chromosome 7A Butler
Department of Genetics, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland
Immunogenetics 42:153-5. 1995
- Tissue-specific expression of novel messenger ribonucleic acids cloned from a renin-expressing kidney tumor cell line (As4.1)H A Thompson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 5224, USA
Endocrinology 136:3037-45. 1995..9 revealed it to encode a cDNA to serum amyloid A protein; consistent with this identification, expression of 6.9 mRNA was highly induced in both kidney and liver after treatment of mice with Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide...
- Enhancement of murine serum amyloid A3 mRNA expression by glucocorticoids and its regulation by cytokinesT Ishida
Department of Pathology, Oita Medical University, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 56:797-806. 1994..We examined the effects of glucocorticoids (GC) on serum amyloid A (SAA) mRNA expression using an antisense SAA3 probe, and found that dexamethasone (DEX) and triamcinolone (TC) increased SAA3 mRNA expression by macrophage cell ..
- Identification by microsequencing of lipopolysaccharide-induced proteins secreted by mouse macrophagesL A Meheus
Innogenetics N V, Industripark Zwijnaarde, Belgium
J Immunol 151:1535-47. 1993..Control experiments argue against the obvious explanation that the latter observation is caused solely by cellular leakage...
- The differential induction of alpha 1-acid glycoprotein and serum amyloid A genes by heavy metalsM Yiangou
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77550
Biochim Biophys Acta 1174:123-32. 1993..CRP is another member of this family. Furthermore, our data suggest that the mechanism is not directly mediated by glucocorticoid or cytokine induction pathways...
- Structure of the mouse Saa4 gene and its linkage to the serum amyloid A gene familyM C De Beer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky, 40536, USA
Genomics 34:139-42. 1996..produced and can become the major apolipoprotein on HDL (SAA1, SAA2); (ii) a peripherally produced acute phase SAA3 that is only a minor HDL apolipoprotein; and (iii) a constitutive subfamily (SAA4) that is a minor normal HDL ..
- Mapping of the mouse serum amyloid A gene cluster by long-range polymerase chain reactionA Butler
Department of Genetics and Biotechnology Institute, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Immunogenetics 44:468-74. 1996..complete map of the mouse Saa genes, defining a linkage group of 3'-Saa2-5'/5'-Saa1-3'/5'-Saa4-3'/5'-Saa5-3'/5'-+ ++Saa3-3', with a maximum size of 45 kilobases (kb)...
- Serum amyloid A gene expression in rabbit, mink and mouseG Marhaug
Department of Paediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 107:425-34. 1997..In extrahepatic organs of the mink, no SAA mRNA was detectable in unstimulated animals, while the convoluted tubules of the kidney and uterine endometrium were strongly positive after systemic LPS injection...
- Functional analysis of a minimal mouse serum amyloid A3 promoter in transgenic miceH Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Amyloid 8:250-6. 2001We report the generation of transgenic mice harboring the SAA3/LacZ transgene and analysis of its expression patterns in vivo following LPS-induced inflammation...
- Ru2 and Ru encode mouse orthologs of the genes mutated in human Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome types 5 and 6Qing Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Nat Genet 33:145-53. 2003..Both genes are previously unknown and are found only in higher eukaryotes, and together represent a new class of genes that have evolved in higher organisms to govern the synthesis of highly specialized lysosome-related organelles...
- Identification of FGF10 targets in the embryonic lung epithelium during bud morphogenesisJINING LU
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 280:4834-41. 2005..Our approach identifies Fgf10 targets that are common to multiple biological processes and provides insights into potential mechanisms by which Fgf signaling regulates epithelial cell behavior...
- Mutagenesis of the Mammalian Imprinting Process(es)Eugene Rinchik; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..