Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rtn2
Description: reticulon 2 (Z-band associated protein)
Alias: MMS10-P, Ms10p, NSPLI, Nspl1, reticulon-2, NSP-like protein 1, NSP-like protein I, neuroendocrine-specific protein-like 1, neuroendocrine-specific protein-like I
- Functional role of neuroendocrine-specific protein-like 1 in membrane translocation of GLUT4Takaaki Ikemoto
Functional Probe Research Laboratory, RIKEN Center for Molecular Imaging Science, Kobe, Japan
Diabetes 58:2802-12. 2009..It has been postulated that the inhibitory action of dantrolene on Ca(2+) release from the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) causes inhibition of exercise-induced glucose uptake; however, the precise mechanism has not been adequately studied...
- Molecular cloning of a novel mouse gene with predominant muscle and neural expressionJ G Geisler
University of Tennessee Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Oak Ridge 37831 8077, USA
Mamm Genome 9:274-82. 1998..with homology to the Neuroendocrine-specific protein (NSP), and it has, therefore, been designated NSP-like 1 (Nspl1)...
- Structure and mapping of the fosB gene. FosB downregulates the activity of the fosB promoterP S Lazo
Department of Molecular Biology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, NJ 08543 74000
Nucleic Acids Res 20:343-50. 1992..We have also shown that FosB and c-Fos can downregulate the activity of the fosB promoter to a similar extent. The fosB gene is located in the [A1-B1] region of mouse chromosome 7...
- Length of uninterrupted repeats determines instability at the unstable mouse expanded simple tandem repeat family MMS10 derived from independent SINE B1 elementsP R Bois
Department of Genetics, University of Leicester, UK
Mamm Genome 12:104-11. 2001..The MMS10 family thus provides a potentially useful murine model for studying dynamic mutation at simple tandem repeats...
- Two novel mammalian Nogo receptor homologs differentially expressed in the central and peripheral nervous systemsJuha Lauren
Program in Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56 Viikinkaari 9, FIN 00014, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Neurosci 24:581-94. 2003..We also show that all four members of the reticulon family, including Nogo-A, are widely expressed in the nervous system, and therefore are possible ligands for the NgRLs...
- Reduced pigmentation (rp), a mouse model of Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome, encodes a novel component of the BLOC-1 complexBabette Gwynn
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Blood 104:3181-9. 2004..Defects in all the 5 known components of BLOC-1, including RP, cause severe HPS in mice, suggesting that the subunits are nonredundant and that BLOC-1 plays a key role in organelle biogenesis...