Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ripk1
Description: receptor (TNFRSF)-interacting serine-threonine kinase 1
Alias: D330015H01Rik, RIP, Rinp, Rip1, receptor-interacting serine/threonine-protein kinase 1, RIP-1, cell death protein RIP, receptor-interacting protein 1, serine/threonine-protein kinase RIP
- The kinase activity of Rip1 is not required for tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced IkappaB kinase or p38 MAP kinase activation or for the ubiquitination of Rip1 by Traf2Thomas H Lee
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 279:33185-91. 2004The death domain kinase Rip1 is recruited to the tumor necrosis factor receptor type 1 and mediates the IkappaB kinase and p38 MAP kinase pathways...
- TNF-α/Fas-RIP-1-induced cell death signaling separates murine hematopoietic stem cells/progenitors into 2 distinct populationsYechen Xiao
Oncology Institute, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Blood 118:6057-67. 2011..This TNF-α/Fas-induced cell death is a type of receptor-interacting protein-1 (RIP-1)-dependent programmed necrosis called necroptosis, which can be prevented by necrostatin-1, a specific RIP-1 ..
- IAPs limit activation of RIP kinases by TNF receptor 1 during developmentMaryline Moulin
La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia
EMBO J 31:1679-91. 2012..Remarkably, hemizygosity for receptor-interacting protein kinase 1 (Ripk1) allowed Xiap(-/-)cIap1(-/-) double mutants to survive past birth, and prolonged cIap2(-/-)cIap1(-/-) embryonic ..
- NO donor induces Nec-1-inhibitable, but RIP1-independent, necrotic cell death in pancreatic β-cellsYoshiaki Tamura
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
FEBS Lett 585:3058-64. 2011..Recently, receptor-interacting protein-1 (RIP1)-dependent necrosis, which is inhibited by necrostatin-1, an inhibitor of RIP1, has emerged as a form of regulated ..
- The dual functions of receptor interacting protein 1 in fas-induced hepatocyte death during sepsisSam I McNeal
Division of Surgical Research Department of Surgery, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Shock 35:499-505. 2011..Recently, an adaptor protein associated with the Fas/TNF death receptor pathway, receptor interacting protein 1 (RIP1), has been shown to be critical for determining whether a cell's death is apoptotic or necrotic...
- Transforming growth factor beta-activated kinase 1 (TAK1) kinase adaptor, TAK1-binding protein 2, plays dual roles in TAK1 signaling by recruiting both an activator and an inhibitor of TAK1 kinase in tumor necrosis factor signaling pathwayPeter Broglie
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, USA
J Biol Chem 285:2333-9. 2010..Our results indicate that TAB2 not only activates TAK1 but also plays an essential role in the deactivation of TAK1 by recruiting PP6 through a polyubiquitin chain-dependent mechanism...
- In TNF-stimulated cells, RIPK1 promotes cell survival by stabilizing TRAF2 and cIAP1, which limits induction of non-canonical NF-kappaB and activation of caspase-8Ian E Gentle
Department of Biochemistry and La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Victoria 3086, Australia
J Biol Chem 286:13282-91. 2011b>RIPK1 is involved in signaling from TNF and TLR family receptors. After receptor ligation, RIPK1 not only modulates activation of both canonical and NIK-dependent NF-κB, but also regulates caspase-8 activation and cell death...
- Autocrine TNFalpha signaling renders human cancer cells susceptible to Smac-mimetic-induced apoptosisSean L Petersen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cancer Cell 12:445-56. 2007..In response to autocrine TNFalpha signaling, the Smac mimetic promotes formation of a RIPK1-dependent caspase-8-activating complex, leading to apoptosis.
- IAP antagonists target cIAP1 to induce TNFalpha-dependent apoptosisJames E Vince
Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe University, Kingsbury Drive, Melbourne, VIC 3086, Australia
Cell 131:682-93. 2007..Cells treated with an IAC, or those in which cIAP1 was deleted, became sensitive to apoptosis induced by exogenous TNFalpha, suggesting novel uses of these compounds in treating cancer...
- RIP3, an energy metabolism regulator that switches TNF-induced cell death from apoptosis to necrosisDuan Wu Zhang
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361005, China
Science 325:332-6. 2009..RIP3 did not affect RIP1-mediated apoptosis but was required for RIP1-mediated necrosis and the enhancement of necrosis by the caspase ..
- Phosphorylation-driven assembly of the RIP1-RIP3 complex regulates programmed necrosis and virus-induced inflammationYoung Sik Cho
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Cell 137:1112-23. 2009..The kinase RIP1 is crucial for programmed necrosis, but also mediates activation of the prosurvival transcription factor NF-kappaB...
- Ubiquitin-specific peptidase 21 inhibits tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced nuclear factor kappaB activation via binding to and deubiquitinating receptor-interacting protein 1Gufeng Xu
Texas Children s Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 285:969-78. 2010Ubiquitination and deubiquitination of receptor-interacting protein 1 (RIP1) play an important role in the positive and negative regulation of the tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha)-induced nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) activation...
- RIPK1 is not essential for TNFR1-induced activation of NF-kappaBW W L Wong
Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe University, Kingsbury Drive, Melbourne, Victoria 3086, Australia
Cell Death Differ 17:482-7. 2010On TNF binding, receptor-interacting protein kinase 1 (RIPK1) is recruited to the cytoplasmic domain of TNFR1, at which it becomes ubiquitylated and serves as a platform for recruitment and activation of NEMO/IKK1/IKK2 and TAK1/TAB2...
- Recruitment of the linear ubiquitin chain assembly complex stabilizes the TNF-R1 signaling complex and is required for TNF-mediated gene inductionTobias L Haas
Division of Apoptosis Regulation, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 36:831-44. 2009..linkage types and that its recruitment to the TNF-RSC is impaired in TRADD-, TRAF2-, and cIAP1/2- but not in RIP1- or NEMO-deficient MEFs...
- cIAP1 and TAK1 protect cells from TNF-induced necrosis by preventing RIP1/RIP3-dependent reactive oxygen species productionN Vanlangenakker
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB, Technologiepark 927, Zwijnaarde Ghent 9052, Belgium
Cell Death Differ 18:656-65. 2011..but block apoptosis by functioning as E3 ligases for effector caspases and receptor-interacting protein 1 (RIP1)...
- Receptor interacting protein kinases mediate retinal detachment-induced photoreceptor necrosis and compensate for inhibition of apoptosisGeorge Trichonas
Retina Service, Angiogenesis Laboratory, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:21695-700. 2010..RIP3 expression, a key activator of RIP1 kinase, increased more than 10-fold after retinal detachment...
- The death domain kinase RIP mediates the TNF-induced NF-kappaB signalM A Kelliher
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 8:297-303. 1998The death domain serine/threonine kinase RIP interacts with the death receptors Fas and tumor necrosis receptor 1 (TNFR1). In vitro, RIP stimulates apoptosis, SAPK/JNK, and NF-kappaB activation...
- Functional complementation between FADD and RIP1 in embryos and lymphocytesHaibing Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Nature 471:373-6. 2011..FADD could directly bind to RIP1 (also known as RIPK1), a serine/threonine kinase that mediates both necrosis and NF-κB activation...
- RIP3 mediates the embryonic lethality of caspase-8-deficient miceWilliam J Kaiser
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Nature 471:368-72. 2011..Casp8 suppresses RIP3-RIP1 (also known as RIPK3-RIPK1) kinase complex-dependent necroptosis that follows death receptor activation as well as a RIP3-dependent, RIP1-..
- Caspase 8 inhibits programmed necrosis by processing CYLDMarie Anne O'Donnell
Immunology Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nat Cell Biol 13:1437-42. 2011..of caspase 8 is to transmit a pro-survival signal that suppresses programmed necrosis (or necroptosis) mediated by RIPK1 and RIPK3 (refs 2-6) during embryogenesis and haematopoiesis(7-9)...
- TNF-induced necroptosis in L929 cells is tightly regulated by multiple TNFR1 complex I and II membersN Vanlangenakker
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB, Zwijnaarde Ghent, Belgium
Cell Death Dis 2:e230. 2011..We previously reported that cellular inhibitor of apoptosis protein-mediated receptor-interacting protein 1 (RIP1) ubiquitination acts as a cytoprotective mechanism, whereas knockdown of cylindromatosis, a RIP1-deubiquitinating ..
- Rip1 (receptor-interacting protein kinase 1) mediates necroptosis and contributes to renal ischemia/reperfusion injuryAndreas Linkermann
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Kidney Int 81:751-61. 2012..Necrostatin-1 may have therapeutic potential to prevent and treat renal ischemia/reperfusion injury...
- A novel role for RIP1 kinase in mediating TNFα productionD E Christofferson
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Death Dis 3:e320. 2012Receptor-interacting protein 1 (RIP1) is a Ser/Thr kinase with both kinase-dependent and kinase-independent roles in death receptor signaling...
- Type I interferon induces necroptosis in macrophages during infection with Salmonella enterica serovar TyphimuriumNirmal Robinson
National Research Council of Canada Institute for Biological Sciences, Ottawa, Canada
Nat Immunol 13:954-62. 2012..Typhimurium-induced cell death. Specific inhibition of the kinase RIP1 or knockdown of the gene encoding the kinase RIP3 prevented the death of wild-type macrophages, which indicated ..
- The essential role of the death domain kinase receptor-interacting protein in insulin growth factor-I-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase activationYong Lin
Molecular Biology and Lung Cancer Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
J Biol Chem 281:23525-32. 2006..Here, we show that the receptor-interacting protein (RIP), a key mediator of tumor necrosis factor-induced NF-kappaB and JNK activation, plays a key role in IGF-I receptor ..
- The role of the death-domain kinase RIP in tumour-necrosis-factor-induced activation of mitogen-activated protein kinasesAnne Devin
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
EMBO Rep 4:623-7. 2003The death-domain kinase RIP (receptor-interacting protein) is an important effector of tumour necrosis factor (TNF) signalling and is essential for TNF-induced nuclear factor-kappaB activation...
- The death domain kinase RIP protects thymocytes from tumor necrosis factor receptor type 2-induced cell deathNicole Cusson
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Program in Immunology Virology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Exp Med 196:15-26. 2002..The death domain kinase, receptor interacting protein (rip), is recruited to the TNFR1 upon receptor activation...
- RIP: a novel protein containing a death domain that interacts with Fas/APO-1 (CD95) in yeast and causes cell deathB Z Stanger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 81:513-23. 1995..products that associate with the intracellular domain of Fas: Fas itself, and a novel 74 kDa protein we have named RIP, for receptor interacting protein...
- Essential roles of receptor-interacting protein and TRAF2 in oxidative stress-induced cell deathHan Ming Shen
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:5914-22. 2004..Data from this study suggest that receptor-interacting protein (RIP) and tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR)-associated factor 2 (TRAF2), two key effector molecules of TNF signaling,..
- RIP links TLR4 to Akt and is essential for cell survival in response to LPS stimulationMarina S Vivarelli
Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 200:399-404. 2004Receptor-interacting protein (RIP) has been reported to associate with tumor necrosis-associated factor (TRAF)2 and TRAF6...
- Sensing of Lys 63-linked polyubiquitination by NEMO is a key event in NF-kappaB activation [corrected]Chuan Jin Wu
Laboratory of Immune Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:398-406. 2006..attachment of Lys 63-linked polyubiquitin chains to signalling intermediates such as receptor-interacting protein (RIP)...
- RIP1, a kinase on the crossroads of a cell's decision to live or dieN Festjens
Molecular Signalling and Cell Death Unit, Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, VIB and Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Cell Death Differ 14:400-10. 2007..b>RIP1 is a crucial adaptor kinase on the crossroad of these stress-induced signalling pathways and a cell's decision to ..
- Ubiquitination of RIP1 regulates an NF-kappaB-independent cell-death switch in TNF signalingMarie Anne O'Donnell
Immunobiology Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Box 1630, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Curr Biol 17:418-24. 2007..We show that lysine 63-linked ubiquitination of RIP1 on lysine 377 inhibits TNF-induced apoptosis first through an NF-kappaB-independent mechanism and, subsequently, ..
- Regulation of early wave of germ cell apoptosis and spermatogenesis by deubiquitinating enzyme CYLDAto Wright
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Dev Cell 13:705-16. 2007..We further show that CYLD negatively regulates a ubiquitin-dependent NF-kappaB activator, RIP1. CYLD binds to RIP1 and inhibits its ubiquitination and signaling function...
- Caspase-8 acts as a molecular rheostat to limit RIPK1- and MyD88-mediated dendritic cell activationCarla M Cuda
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611
J Immunol 192:5548-60. 2014..Uncontrolled TLR activation in a RIPK1-dependent manner is responsible for the enhanced functionality of caspase-8-deficient DCs, because deletion of the ..
- Hyperglycemic Conditions Prime Cells for RIP1-dependent NecroptosisTimothy J LaRocca
From the Department of Basic and Social Sciences, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, New York 12208
J Biol Chem 291:13753-61. 2016Necroptosis is a RIP1-dependent programmed cell death (PCD) pathway that is distinct from apoptosis...
- Intermediate domain of receptor-interacting protein kinase 1 (RIPK1) determines switch between necroptosis and RIPK1 kinase-dependent apoptosisLinde Duprez
Department for Molecular Biomedical Research VIB, Ghent University, Technologiepark 927, Gent Zwijnaarde 9052, Belgium
J Biol Chem 287:14863-72. 2012Receptor-interacting protein kinase 1 (RIPK1) is an important component of the tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) signaling pathway...
- Tissue acidosis induces neuronal necroptosis via ASIC1a channel independent of its ionic conductionYi Zhi Wang
Discipline of Neuroscience, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Collaborative Innovation Center for Brain Science, Shanghai Key Laboratory for Tumor Microenvironment and Inflammation, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
elife 4:. 2015..We identified serine/threonine kinase receptor interaction protein 1 (RIP1) as a critical component of this form of neuronal necroptosis...
- Two coordinated mechanisms underlie tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced immediate and delayed IκB kinase activationKen Blackwell
Department of Pathology, Carver College of Medicine, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:1901-15. 2013..necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α)-induced NF-κB activation has been believed to depend on TRAF2- and cIAP1-mediated RIP1 ubiquitination...
- Positive and negative phosphorylation regulates RIP1- and RIP3-induced programmed necrosisThomas McQuade
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, U S A
Biochem J 456:409-15. 2013..of two serine/threonine kinases, RIP1 (receptor-interacting serine/threonine protein kinase 1; also known as RIPK1) and RIP3...
- Receptor interacting protein kinase-mediated necrosis contributes to cone and rod photoreceptor degeneration in the retina lacking interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding proteinKota Sato
Department of Ophthalmology and Neuroscience Center of Excellence, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, Electron Microscope Laboratory, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, Department of Ophthalmology, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, Georgia 30912, and Jules Stein Eye Institute, The University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095
J Neurosci 33:17458-68. 2013..We found that receptor interacting protein 1 and 3 (RIP1 and RIP3) kinases, the intracellular key mediators of TNF-induced cellular necrosis, were ..
- RIPK1 and NF-κB signaling in dying cells determines cross-priming of CD8⁺ T cellsNader Yatim
Laboratory of Dendritic Cell Biology, Department of Immunology, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75015 Paris, France Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, U818, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75015 Paris, France Frontières du Vivant Doctoral School, École Doctorale 474, Universite Paris Diderot Paris 7, Sorbonne Paris Cité, 8 10 Rue Charles V, 75004 Paris, France
Science 350:328-34. 2015..Instead, robust cross-priming required receptor-interacting protein kinase-1 (RIPK1) signaling and nuclear factor κB (NF-κB)-induced transcription within dying cells...
- NF-κB-Independent Role of IKKα/IKKβ in Preventing RIPK1 Kinase-Dependent Apoptotic and Necroptotic Cell Death during TNF SignalingYves Dondelinger
Inflammation Research Center, VIB, Technologiepark 927, Zwijnaarde Ghent 9052, Belgium Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology, Ghent University, Technologiepark 927, Zwijnaarde Ghent 9052, Belgium
Mol Cell 60:63-76. 2015TNF is a master pro-inflammatory cytokine. Activation of TNFR1 by TNF can result in both RIPK1-independent apoptosis and RIPK1 kinase-dependent apoptosis or necroptosis...
- Caspase-8 and RIP kinases regulate bacteria-induced innate immune responses and cell deathDan Weng
Program in Innate Immunity, Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Department of Medicine
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:7391-6. 2014..Interestingly, macrophages lacking either RIP1, or caspase-8 and RIP3, also had reduced infection-induced production of IL-1β, IL-18, TNF, and IL-6; impaired ..
- Caspase-8 scaffolding function and MLKL regulate NLRP3 inflammasome activation downstream of TLR3Seokwon Kang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Nat Commun 6:7515. 2015..that TLR3 binding to dsRNA promotes post-translational inflammasome activation through intermediate and late TRIF/RIPK1/FADD-dependent pathways...
- Cutting Edge: RIP1 kinase activity is dispensable for normal development but is a key regulator of inflammation in SHARPIN-deficient miceScott B Berger
Pattern Recognition Receptor Discovery Performance Unit, Immuno inflammation Therapeutic Area, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA 19422
J Immunol 192:5476-80. 2014RIP1 (RIPK1) kinase is a key regulator of TNF-induced NF-κB activation, apoptosis, and necroptosis through its kinase and scaffolding activities...
- Receptor-interacting protein kinases modulate noise-induced sensory hair cell deathH W Zheng
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Cell Death Dis 5:e1262. 2014..b>RIP1 and RIP3 protein levels increased and caspase-8 was activated...
- Apcdd1 stimulates oligodendrocyte differentiation after white matter injuryHyun Kyoung Lee
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Glia 63:1840-9. 2015....
- RIPK1- and RIPK3-induced cell death mode is determined by target availabilityW D Cook
La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Kingsbury Drive, Bundoora, Victoria 3086, Australia
Cell Death Differ 21:1600-12. 2014Both receptor-interacting protein kinase 1 (RIPK1) and RIPK3 can signal cell death following death receptor ligation...
- Optineurin negatively regulates TNFalpha- induced NF-kappaB activation by competing with NEMO for ubiquitinated RIPGuozhi Zhu
Laboratory of Immune Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Curr Biol 17:1438-43. 2007..K)63-linked but not K48-linked polyubiquitin (polyUb) chains, and the ability of NEMO to bind to K63-linked polyUb RIP (receptor-interacting protein) is necessary for efficient tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha)-induced NF-kappaB ..
- Cellular stress amplifies TLR3/4-induced CXCL1/2 gene transcription in mononuclear phagocytes via RIPK1Chenyang Zhao
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195
J Immunol 193:879-88. 2014....
- Programmed necrosis and necroptosis signallingMaria Feoktistova
Section of Molecular Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University Heidelberg, Germany
FEBS J 282:19-31. 2015..The central roles of receptor-interacting serine/threonine protein kinase1 (RIPK1), RIPK3, and mixed-lineage kinase domain-like protein, and the molecular signalling platforms in which these ..
- RIP3 induces apoptosis independent of pronecrotic kinase activityPratyusha Mandal
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Cell 56:481-95. 2014..These compounds interact with RIP3 to activate caspase 8 (Casp8) via RHIM-driven recruitment of RIP1 (RIPK1) to assemble a Casp8-FADD-cFLIP complex completely independent of pronecrotic kinase activities and MLKL...
- Upregulated RIP3 Expression Potentiates MLKL Phosphorylation-Mediated Programmed Necrosis in Toxic Epidermal NecrolysisSue Kyung Kim
Department of Dermatology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
J Invest Dermatol 135:2021-30. 2015..Results from this study suggest that the high expression of RIP3 in keratinocytes from TEN patients potentiates MLKL phosphorylation/activation and necrotic cell death. Thus, RIP3 represents a potential target for treatment of TEN. ..
- A Role for Tubular Necroptosis in Cisplatin-Induced AKIYanfang Xu
Department of Nephrology, First Affiliated Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, China State Key Laboratory of Cellular Stress Biology, Innovation Center for Cell Signaling Network, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China Department of Nephrology, State Key Laboratory of Kidney Diseases, National Clinical Research Center of Kidney Diseases, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
J Am Soc Nephrol 26:2647-58. 2015..We found that inhibition of any of the core components of the necroptotic pathway-receptor-interacting protein 1 (RIP1), RIP3, or mixed lineage kinase domain-like protein (MLKL)-by gene knockout or a chemical inhibitor diminished ..
- RIP1 negatively regulates basal autophagic flux through TFEB to control sensitivity to apoptosisTohru Yonekawa
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
EMBO Rep 16:700-8. 2015In a synthetic lethality/viability screen, we identified the serine-threonine kinase RIP1 (RIPK1) as a gene whose knockdown is highly selected against during growth in normal media, in which autophagy is not critical, but selected for in ..
- Sequestosome-1/p62 is the key intracellular target of innate defense regulator peptideHong Bing Yu
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z4, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:36007-11. 2009..demonstrated that IDR-1 enhanced the tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced p62 receptor-interacting protein 1 (RIP1) complex formation but did not affect tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced p62-protein kinase zeta complex formation...
- The mitochondrial serine protease HtrA2/Omi cleaves RIP1 during apoptosis of Ba/F3 cells induced by growth factor withdrawalLieselotte Vande Walle
VIB, Department for Molecular Biomedical Research, B 9052 Zwijnaarde, Belgium
Cell Res 20:421-33. 2010..Accordingly, recombinant HtrA2/Omi efficiently cleaved mouse RIP1 in vitro, generating fragments matching those observed in IL-3-deprived Ba/F3 cells...
- Dimerization and ubiquitin mediated recruitment of A20, a complex deubiquitinating enzymeTimothy T Lu
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0451, USA
Immunity 38:896-905. 2013..A20's C103 deubiquitinating motif restricted both K48- and K63-linked ubiquitination of receptor interacting protein 1 (RIP1). A20's ZF4 was required for recruiting A20 to ubiquitinated RIP1...
- Akt Regulates TNFα synthesis downstream of RIP1 kinase activation during necroptosisColleen R McNamara
Graduate Program in Biochemistry, Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University, Boston, Massachussets, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e56576. 2013..we investigated the signaling mechanisms controlled by the necroptosis mediator receptor interacting protein-1 (RIP1) kinase...
- Palmitate induces RIP1-dependent necrosis in RAW 264.7 cellsSeong Keun Kim
Institute of Hansen s Disease, South Korea
Atherosclerosis 225:315-21. 2012..The possible involvement of RIP1 in palmitate-induced macrophage death and its underlying molecular mechanism was investigated in this study.
- The kinase IKKα inhibits activation of the transcription factor NF-κB by phosphorylating the regulatory molecule TAX1BP1Noula Shembade
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Nat Immunol 12:834-43. 2011..IKKα therefore serves a key role in the negative feedback of NF-κB canonical signaling by orchestrating assembly of the A20 ubiquitin-editing complex to limit inflammatory gene activation...
- Inflammatory cardiac valvulitis in TAX1BP1-deficient mice through selective NF-kappaB activationHidekatsu Iha
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, Molecular Virology Section, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0460, USA
EMBO J 27:629-41. 2008..TAX1BP1-/- cells are more highly activated for NF-kappaB than control cells when stimulated with TNF-alpha or IL-1beta. Mechanistically, TAX1BP1 acts in NF-kappaB signalling as an essential adaptor between A20 and its targets...
- TNFα induced noncanonical NF-κB activation is attenuated by RIP1 through stabilization of TRAF2Joo Young Kim
Institute for Medical Sciences, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, 443 749, Korea
J Cell Sci 124:647-56. 2011..Although a crucial role of RIP1 in the TNFα-induced canonical NF-κB pathway has been well established, its involvement in noncanonical activation ..
- Critical contribution of oxidative stress to TNFα-induced necroptosis downstream of RIPK1 activationRyodai Shindo
Department of Immunology, Biomedical Research Center, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:212-6. 2013..b>RIPK1 is activated through oligomerization of upstream adaptor molecules such as Fas-associated protein with death ..
- Protease activity of procaspase-8 is essential for cell survival by inhibiting both apoptotic and nonapoptotic cell death dependent on receptor-interacting protein kinase 1 (RIP1) and RIP3Mina Kikuchi
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:41165-73. 2012..Further analysis indicated that RIP1 and RIP3 regulate this multiple cell death, because the cell death as well as ROS production was completely ..
- RIP1-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction and ROS production contributed to tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced L929 cell necroptosis and autophagyYuan Chao Ye
China Japan Research Institute of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
Int Immunopharmacol 14:674-82. 2012..Notably, the RIP1 (serine-threonine kinase receptor-interacting protein 1, a main adaptor protein of necroptosis) specific inhibitor ..
- The prevalence of TNFα-induced necrosis over apoptosis is determined by TAK1-RIP1 interplaySeda Çöl Arslan
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e26069. 2011..Here, we show that in cells lacking TGFβ-activated Kinase-1 (TAK1) expression, catalytically active Receptor Interacting Protein 1 (RIP1)-dependent programmed necrosis overrides apoptotic processes following Tumor Necrosis Factor-α (..
- Necrostatin-1 attenuates mitochondrial dysfunction in neurons and astrocytes following neonatal hypoxia-ischemiaR Chavez-Valdez
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 N Wolfe Street, CMSC 6 104, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neuroscience 219:192-203. 2012Receptor interacting protein (RIP)-1 kinase activity mediates a novel pathway that signals for regulated necrosis, a form of cell death prominent in traumatic and ischemic brain injury...
- Inhibition of RIP1-dependent necrosis prevents adverse cardiac remodeling after myocardial ischemia-reperfusion in vivoMartinus I F J Oerlemans
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Basic Res Cardiol 107:270. 2012..Necrostatin-1 (Nec-1), a small molecule capable of inhibiting a key regulator of programmed necrosis (RIP1), was shown to prevent necrotic cell death in experimental models including cardiac ischemia...
- The ubiquitin ligase XIAP recruits LUBAC for NOD2 signaling in inflammation and innate immunityRune Busk Damgaard
Department of Disease Biology, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cell 46:746-58. 2012..We conclude that XIAP and LUBAC constitute essential ubiquitin ligases in NOD2-mediated inflammatory signaling and propose that deregulation of NOD2 signaling contributes to XLP-2 pathogenesis...
- Sam68 is required for both NF-κB activation and apoptosis signaling by the TNF receptorParameswaran Ramakrishnan
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Mol Cell 43:167-79. 2011..We found that Sam68 is recruited to the TNF receptor, and its deficiency dramatically reduces RIP recruitment and ubiquitylation...
- Viral infection and the evolution of caspase 8-regulated apoptotic and necrotic death pathwaysEdward S Mocarski
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory Vaccine Center, 1462 Clifton Rd NE, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 12:79-88. 2011..and the necrotic cell death pathway that is dependent on receptor-interacting protein 1 (RIP1; also known as RIPK1) and RIP3 (also known as RIPK3)...
- The death domain-containing kinase RIP1 regulates p27(Kip1) levels through the PI3K-Akt-forkhead pathwaySeongmi Park
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8813, USA
EMBO Rep 9:766-73. 2008..Here, we show that the receptor-interacting protein 1 (RIP1)-an essential mediator of inflammation-induced nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) activation-regulates p27(Kip1) ..
- Impaired regulation of NF-kappaB and increased susceptibility to colitis-associated tumorigenesis in CYLD-deficient miceJun Zhang
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 116:3042-9. 2006..These results suggest that CYLD limits inflammation and tumorigenesis by regulating ubiquitination in vivo...
- Peli1 facilitates TRIF-dependent Toll-like receptor signaling and proinflammatory cytokine productionMikyoung Chang
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Nat Immunol 10:1089-95. 2009..Notably, Peli1 bound to and ubiquitinated RIP1, a signaling molecule that mediates IKK activation induced by the TLR3 and TLR4 adaptor TRIF...
- DAI/ZBP1 recruits RIP1 and RIP3 through RIP homotypic interaction motifs to activate NF-kappaBManuele Rebsamen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
EMBO Rep 10:916-22. 2009..show that these domains relay DAI-induced NF-kappaB signals through the recruitment of the RHIM-containing kinases RIP1 and RIP3. We show that knockdown of not only RIP1, but also RIP3 affects DAI-induced NF-kappaB activation...
- c-IAP1 and c-IAP2 are critical mediators of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha)-induced NF-kappaB activationEugene Varfolomeev
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 283:24295-9. 2008..of c-IAP1 or cells where the c-IAP proteins were eliminated using IAP antagonists, we show that TNFalpha-induced RIP1 ubiquitination is abrogated in the absence of c-IAPs...
- The tyrosine kinase Syk regulates TPL2 activation signalsAristides G Eliopoulos
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, the University of Crete Medical School, Heraklion 71003, Crete, Greece
J Biol Chem 281:1371-80. 2006..stimulates the JNK, ERK, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases and the NF-kappaB pathway by recruiting RIP1 and TRAF2 to the TNF receptor 1...
- Cytomegalovirus M45 cell death suppression requires receptor-interacting protein (RIP) homotypic interaction motif (RHIM)-dependent interaction with RIP1Jason W Upton
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 283:16966-70. 2008..Cell death suppression by M45 requires RIP homotypic interaction motif-dependent interaction with RIP1. This interaction also underlies the cell tropism role of M45 in preventing premature death of endothelial cells ..
- The E3 ligase Itch negatively regulates inflammatory signaling pathways by controlling the function of the ubiquitin-editing enzyme A20Noula Shembade
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Nat Immunol 9:254-62. 2008..however, little is known about the mechanisms of A20-mediated inactivation of signaling intermediates such as RIP1. Here we demonstrate that the regulatory molecule TAX1BP1 recruited the E3 ligase Itch to A20 via two 'PPXY' motifs...
- Tumor necrosis factor-induced nonapoptotic cell death requires receptor-interacting protein-mediated cellular reactive oxygen species accumulationYong Lin
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:10822-8. 2004..cells and found that tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) I mediates TNF-induced necrotic cell death, and that RIP, FADD, and TRAF2 are critical components of the signaling cascade of this TNF-induced necrotic cell death...
- Catalytically active Yersinia outer protein P induces cleavage of RIP and caspase-8 at the level of the DISC independently of death receptors in dendritic cellsSabine Gröbner
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Tubingen, Elfriede Aulhorn Str, 6, 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Apoptosis 12:1813-25. 2007..We found that both cleaved caspase-8 and receptor interacting protein 1 (RIP1) were associated with the Fas-associated death domain (FADD) indicating the formation of an ..
- RIP1 links inflammatory and growth factor signaling pathways by regulating expression of the EGFRD B Ramnarain
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8813, USA
Cell Death Differ 15:344-53. 2008..In this study, we show that the receptor-interacting protein (RIP1), a critical mediator of inflammation and stress-induced NF-kappaB activation, regulates the expression of the ..
- The death domain kinase RIP has an important role in DNA damage-induced, p53-independent cell deathGang Min Hur
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:25011-7. 2006..Here we report that the death domain kinase, RIP (receptor-interacting protein), is important for DNA damage-induced, p53-independent cell death...
- Receptor-interacting protein shuttles between cell death and survival signaling pathwaysPachiyappan Kamarajan
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:481-8. 2010..matrix contacts-activates a CD95/Fas-mediated signaling pathway regulated by receptor-interacting protein (RIP), a kinase that shuttles between CD95/Fas-mediated cell death and integrin/focal adhesion kinase (FAK)-mediated ..
- The death domain kinase RIP has an essential role in DNA damage-induced NF-kappa B activationGang Min Hur
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Genes Dev 17:873-82. 2003..Here we report that the receptor interacting protein, RIP, is the IKK upstream component, essential for the activation of NF-kappaB by DNA damage...
- A FADD-dependent innate immune mechanism in mammalian cellsSiddharth Balachandran
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Nature 432:401-5. 2004..largely independent of Toll-like receptor 3 and the dsRNA-dependent kinase PKR, but seems to require receptor interacting protein 1 as well as Tank-binding kinase 1-mediated activation of the transcription factor IRF-3...
- TRAF7 potentiates MEKK3-induced AP1 and CHOP activation and induces apoptosisLiang Guo Xu
Integrated Department of Immunology, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17278-82. 2004..Our studies identified a novel TRAF family member that is involved in MEKK3 signaling and apoptosis...
- Annexin-1 interacts with NEMO and RIP1 to constitutively activate IKK complex and NF-κB: implication in breast cancer metastasisP Bist
Department of Physiology and NUS Immunology Program, Inflammation and Cancer Lab, National University of Singapore
Oncogene 30:3174-85. 2011..Importantly, silencing of ANXA1 prevents the interaction of NEMO and RIP1, which indicates that ANXA1 is required for the recruitment of RIP1 to the IKK complex, which may be important for ..
- Embryonic mouse submandibular salivary gland morphogenesis and the TNF/TNF-R1 signal transduction pathwayM Melnick
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 0641, USA
Anat Rec 262:318-30. 2001..The results of these experiments indicate that the TNF/TNF-R1 signal transduction pathway plays an important role in balancing cell proliferation and apoptosis during SMG duct and presumptive acini formation...
- RIG-I RNA helicase activation of IRF3 transcription factor is negatively regulated by caspase-8-mediated cleavage of the RIP1 proteinAkhil Rajput
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
Immunity 34:340-51. 2011..transcription factor IRF3 by the ribonucleic acid sensor RIG-I was restricted by caspase-8-mediated cleavage of the RIP1 protein, which resulted in conversion of RIP1 from a signaling enhancer to a signaling inhibitor...
- A cytosolic ATM/NEMO/RIP1 complex recruits TAK1 to mediate the NF-kappaB and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)/MAPK-activated protein 2 responses to DNA damageYibin Yang
Departments of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:2774-86. 2011..b>RIP1 has been implicated in this response and found to be modified in cells with damaged DNA; however, the nature of the ..
- NF-kappaB protects cells from gamma interferon-induced RIP1-dependent necroptosisRoshan J Thapa
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:2934-46. 2011..Here, we show that IFN-γ induces RIP1 kinase-dependent necroptosis in mammalian cells deficient in NF-κB signaling...
- The modular nature of apoptotic signaling proteinsK Hofmann
MEMOREC Stoffel GmbH, Koln, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 55:1113-28. 1999....
- Comparison of human chromosome 6p25 with mouse chromosome 13 reveals a greatly expanded ov-serpin gene repertoire in the mouseDion Kaiserman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, 3800, Australia
Genomics 79:349-62. 2002..Compared with human, this larger mouse serpin repertoire probably reflects the need to regulate a larger proteinase repertoire arising from differing evolutionary pressures on the reproductive and immune systems...
- Nutrient Flavonoids and Lung Cancer PreventionYong Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..