Genomes and Genes
ribosomal protein L22
Gene Symbol: ribosomal protein L22
Description: ribosomal protein L22
Alias: 2700038K18Rik, 60S ribosomal protein L22, heparin-binding protein HBp15
- Alterations in gene expression in T1 alpha null lung: a model of deficient alveolar sac developmentGuetchyn Millien
Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Dev Biol 6:35. 2006..Since little is known about the molecular pathways driving alveolar sacculation, we used expression microarrays to identify genes altered in the abnormal lungs and, by inference, may play roles in normal lung morphogenesis...
- Developmental arrest of T cells in Rpl22-deficient mice is dependent upon multiple p53 effectorsJason E Stadanlick
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Blood Cell Development and Cancer Keystone, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Immunol 187:664-75. 2011....
- Ablation of ribosomal protein L22 selectively impairs alphabeta T cell development by activation of a p53-dependent checkpointStephen J Anderson
Division of Immunology and Hematology, Lexicon Genetics, Inc, 8800 Technology Forest Place, The Woodlands, TX 77381, USA
Immunity 26:759-72. 2007..here that development of alphabeta and gammadelta precursors was differentially affected by elimination of ribosomal protein L22 (Rpl22), which is ubiquitously expressed but not essential for translation...
- Cell-type-specific isolation of ribosome-associated mRNA from complex tissuesElisenda Sanz
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 9819, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13939-44. 2009..We demonstrate the application of this technique in brain using neuron-specific Cre recombinase-expressing mice and in testis using a Sertoli cell Cre recombinase-expressing mouse...
- Inactivation of ribosomal protein L22 promotes transformation by induction of the stemness factor, Lin28BShuyun Rao
Blood Cell Development and Cancer Keystone, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Blood 120:3764-73. 2012..We show here that monoallelic, germline inactivation of the ribosomal protein L22 (Rpl22) predisposes T-lineage progenitors to transformation...
- Dynamic Axonal Translation in Developing and Mature Visual CircuitsToshiaki Shigeoka
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
Cell 166:181-92. 2016..Our results indicate that intricate regulation of compartment-specific mRNA translation in mammalian CNS axons supports the formation and maintenance of neural circuits in vivo. ..
- Fertility-regulating Kiss1 neurons arise from hypothalamic POMC-expressing progenitorsElisenda Sanz
Department of Pharmacology, Center for Integrative Brain Research and Center for Developmental Therapeutics, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101
J Neurosci 35:5549-56. 2015....
- Homeodomain Proteins SIX3 and SIX6 Regulate Gonadotrope-specific Genes During Pituitary DevelopmentHuimin Xie
Department of Reproductive Medicine and the Center for Reproductive Science and Medicine H X, H M H, J D M, S L M, C T, S S L, C M, R L, P L M, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 and Department of Human Genetics S W D, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Mol Endocrinol 29:842-55. 2015..In summary, SIX3 and SIX6 play distinct but compensatory roles in regulating transcription of gonadotrope-specific genes as gonadotrope cells differentiate. ..
- Maximal expression of Foxl2 in pituitary gonadotropes requires ovarian hormonesMaria K Herndon
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0126527. 2015..Together these data suggest that ovarian hormones regulate expression of Foxl2 thereby expanding the number of genes controlled by the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis that ultimately dictate reproductive fitness. ..
- CYP26 Enzymes Are Necessary Within the Postnatal Seminiferous Epithelium for Normal Murine SpermatogenesisCathryn A Hogarth
School of Molecular Biosciences and the Center for Reproductive Biology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
Biol Reprod 93:19. 2015..These data indicate that CYP26 activity within either Sertoli or germ cells is essential for the normal progression of spermatogenesis and that its loss can result in reduced male fertility. ..
- Neuro-immune Interactions Drive Tissue Programming in Intestinal MacrophagesIlana Gabanyi
Laboratory of Mucosal Immunology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA Department of Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Avenue Prof Orlando Marques de Paiva 87, Cidade Universitaria, University of Sao Paulo, 05508 270 São Paulo, Brazil
Cell 164:378-91. 2016..Our results reveal unique intra-tissue macrophage specialization and identify neuro-immune communication between enteric neurons and macrophages that induces rapid tissue-protective responses to distal perturbations...
- Disrupted iron homeostasis causes dopaminergic neurodegeneration in micePavle Matak
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27705
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:3428-35. 2016..We demonstrate that loss of transferrin receptor 1, but not loss of ferroportin, can cause neurodegeneration in a subset of dopaminergic neurons in mice. ..
- Sensory experience regulates cortical inhibition by inducing IGF1 in VIP neuronsA R Mardinly
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California Berkeley, 205 Life Sciences Addition, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nature 531:371-5. 2016....
- Agouti-related peptide neural circuits mediate adaptive behaviors in the starved stateStephanie L Padilla
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Neurosci 19:734-41. 2016..We propose that AgRP neurons serve as a master switch capable of coordinating behavioral decisions relative to internal state and environmental cues. ..
- Ribosomal Protein Rpl22 Controls the Dissemination of T-cell LymphomaShuyun Rao
Blood Cell Development and Function Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Cancer Res 76:3387-96. 2016..Cancer Res; 76(11); 3387-96. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Miz-1 regulates translation of Trp53 via ribosomal protein L22 in cells undergoing V(D)J recombinationMarissa Rashkovan
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1R7 Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1A3
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E5411-9. 2014..Miz-1 exerts this function by directly activating the gene for ribosomal protein L22 (Rpl22), which binds to p53 mRNA and negatively regulates its translation...
- Genetic Isolation of Hypothalamic Neurons that Regulate Context-Specific Male Social BehaviorMarta E Soden
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Cell Rep 16:304-13. 2016..These data provide direct evidence for a unique population of neurons that regulate social behaviors in specific contexts. ..
- Dynamin 1 isoform roles in a mouse model of severe childhood epileptic encephalopathySamuel Asinof
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, United States
Neurobiol Dis 95:1-11. 2016..These results reveal functional differences between Dnm1a and Dnm1b isoforms in the presence of a challenge, i.e. toxic Dnm1(Ftfl), while reinforcing its effect explicitly in this model of severe pediatric epilepsy. ..
- Histone arginine methylation in cocaine action in the nucleus accumbensDiane M Damez-Werno
Fishberg Department of Neuroscience and Friedman Brain Institute, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY 10029
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:9623-8. 2016....
- Endothelial cells are progenitors of cardiac pericytes and vascular smooth muscle cellsQi Chen
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Department of Tissue Morphogenesis, Faculty of Medicine, University of Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Nat Commun 7:12422. 2016..Our findings identify a novel and unexpected population of progenitors for coronary mural cells with potential relevance for heart function and disease conditions. ..
- Muscle Fibers Secrete FGFBP1 to Slow Degeneration of Neuromuscular Synapses during Aging and Progression of ALSThomas Taetzsch
Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute, Virginia Tech, Roanoke, Virginia 24016, and
J Neurosci 37:70-82. 2017..These findings suggest that targeting the FGFBP1 and TGF-β1 signaling axis holds promise for slowing age- and disease-related degeneration of NMJs...
- Ventral tegmental area neurotensin signaling links the lateral hypothalamus to locomotor activity and striatal dopamine efflux in male miceChrista M Patterson
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes C M P, G M L, C L K, I E G, A M, J C J, M G M, Department of Internal Medicine and Departments of Chemistry J M T W, O S M, R T K and Molecular and Integrative Physiology M B A, M G M, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1055
Endocrinology 156:1692-700. 2015..Thus, transient LHA-derived NT release in the VTA couples LHA signaling to prolonged changes in DA efflux and MLDA function. ..
- Rpl22 Loss Impairs the Development of B Lymphocytes by Activating a p53-Dependent CheckpointShawn P Fahl
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111
J Immunol 194:200-9. 2015..These results indicate that Rpl22 performs a critical, developmentally restricted role in supporting early B cell development by preventing p53 induction...
- Ribosome profiling reveals a cell-type-specific translational landscape in brain tumorsChristian Gonzalez
Departments of Systems Biology
J Neurosci 34:10924-36. 2014..Finally, we observe the same phenomena in human disease by combining ribosome profiling of human proneural tumor and non-neoplastic brain tissue with computational deconvolution to assess cell-type-specific translational regulation. ..
- Heterozygous deletion of ventral anterior homeobox (vax1) causes subfertility in miceHanne M Hoffmann
Department of Reproductive Medicine and the Center for Reproductive Science and Medicine H M H, A T, H X, A S K, P L M, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0674 Department of Human Genetics M I P M, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Endocrinology 155:4043-53. 2014..Taken together, our data suggest that Vax1 HET subfertility originates in the hypothalamus by disrupting the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. In addition, male subfertility may also be due to an unknown effect of Vax1 in the testis...
- Npas4 regulates excitatory-inhibitory balance within neural circuits through cell-type-specific gene programsIvo Spiegel
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, 220 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 157:1216-29. 2014..These findings suggest that the functional outcomes of activity-induced transcriptional responses are adapted in a cell-type-specific manner to achieve a circuit-wide homeostatic response. ..
- Murine coagulation factor VIII is synthesized in endothelial cellsLesley A Everett
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
Blood 123:3697-705. 2014..We demonstrate that endothelial cells from multiple, but not all, tissues contribute to the plasma FVIII pool in the mouse...
- Riding the spermatogenic wave: profiling gene expression within neonatal germ and sertoli cells during a synchronized initial wave of spermatogenesis in miceElizabeth Evans
School of Molecular Biosciences and the Center for Reproductive Biology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
Biol Reprod 90:108. 2014..In addition, this study provides novel candidate genes, Asf1b and Esyt3, that may be involved in the regulation of spermatogonial chromatin reorganization, germ-Sertoli cell interactions, and/or blood-testis barrier formation. ..
- Genome-wide identification of AR-regulated genes translated in Sertoli cells in vivo using the RiboTag approachKarel De Gendt
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Institute of Genomic Medicine M F W, University of California, La Jolla, California 92093 K D G, M F W Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, KU Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium K D G, G V and Department of Biology, Western Washington University, Bellingham, Washington 98225 P S A
Mol Endocrinol 28:575-91. 2014..Taken together, our results identified novel classes of genes expressed in a hormone-dependent manner in different testicular cell subsets and highlight a new approach to analyze cell type-specific gene regulation. ..
- Mitochondrial dynamics controlled by mitofusins regulate Agrp neuronal activity and diet-induced obesityMarcelo O Dietrich
Program in Integrative Cell Signaling and Neurobiology of Metabolism, Section of Comparative Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA Department of Biochemistry, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS 90035, Brazil Electronic address
Cell 155:188-99. 2013..Overall, our data unmask an important role for mitochondrial dynamics governed by Mfn1 and Mfn2 in Agrp neurons in central regulation of whole-body energy metabolism. ..
- The ribosomal protein Rpl22 controls ribosome composition by directly repressing expression of its own paralog, Rpl22l1Monique N O'Leary
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS Genet 9:e1003708. 2013..We propose that ribosome specificity may exist in mammals, providing evidence that one ribosomal protein can influence composition of the ribosome by regulating its own paralog. ..
- Lack of GPR88 enhances medium spiny neuron activity and alters motor- and cue-dependent behaviorsAlbert Quintana
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Neurosci 15:1547-55. 2012....
- A novel heparin-binding protein, HBp15, is identified as mammalian ribosomal protein L22Y Fujita
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 1, Hiroshima University School of Dentistry, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 199:706-13. 1994..Using specific antibodies against HBp15, HBp15 was identified as mammalian ribosomal protein L22, for which no sequence information is available.
- Cloning of mouse genomic ribosomal protein L6 gene and analysis of its promoterJishu Wang
Department of Medical Genetics and Developmental Biology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xian 710032, People s Republic of China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1576:219-24. 2002..Taken together, Tax up-regulates RpL6/Taxreb107 and this may provide a feedback mechanism to facilitate proliferation of HTLV-I-infected cells and production of viral particles...