Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rela
Description: v-rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A (avian)
Alias: p65, transcription factor p65, avian reticuloendotheliosis viral (v-rel) oncogene homolog A, nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p65 subunit, nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 3, p65 NF kappaB, p65 NF-kappa B, p65 NFkB
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- Heat shock transcription factor 1 opens chromatin structure of interleukin-6 promoter to facilitate binding of an activator or a repressorSachiye Inouye
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1, Ube, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:33210-7. 2007..These results indicate that HSF1 partially opens the chromatin structure of the IL-6 promoter for an activator or a repressor to bind to it, and provides a novel mechanism of gene regulation by HSF1...
- Functional interplay between acetylation and methylation of the RelA subunit of NF-kappaBXiao Dong Yang
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, MC 714, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:2170-80. 2010Posttranslational modifications of the RelA subunit of NF-kappaB, including acetylation and methylation, play a key role in controlling the strength and duration of its nuclear activity...
- NF-kappaB is a negative regulator of IL-1beta secretion as revealed by genetic and pharmacological inhibition of IKKbetaFlorian R Greten
Second Department of Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, 81675 Germany
Cell 130:918-31. 2007..These results unravel an unanticipated role for IKKbeta-dependent NF-kappaB signaling in the negative control of IL-1beta production and highlight potential complications of long-term IKKbeta inhibition...
- An essential role for NF-kappaB in preventing TNF-alpha-induced cell deathA A Beg
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Science 274:782-4. 1996..In particular, the RelA (p65) subunit is required for induction of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha)-dependent genes...
- The specificity of innate immune responses is enforced by repression of interferon response elements by NF-κB p50Christine S Cheng
Signaling Systems Laboratory, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Sci Signal 4:ra11. 2011....
- IKKalpha limits macrophage NF-kappaB activation and contributes to the resolution of inflammationToby Lawrence
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction, Department of Pharmacology, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, California 92093, USA
Nature 434:1138-43. 2005..contributes to suppression of NF-kappaB activity by accelerating both the turnover of the NF-kappaB subunits RelA and c-Rel, and their removal from pro-inflammatory gene promoters...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces RelA degradation via ubiquitination at lysine 195 to prevent excessive nuclear factor-kappaB activationYihui Fan
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 284:29290-7. 2009Ubiquitination-mediated degradation of the RelA subunit of nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) is critical for the termination of NF-kappaB activation...
- Nuclear factor kappaB nuclear translocation as a crucial marker of brain response to interleukin-1. A study in rat and interleukin-1 type I deficient mouseAgnes Nadjar
INRA INSERM U 394, Institut F Magendie, Bordeaux, France
J Neurochem 87:1024-36. 2003..that IL-1RI expressed in blood brain barrier (BBB) cells and in circumventricular organs (CVOs) is crucial for p65-NFkappaB translocation induced by peripheral injection of IL-1beta...
- p53 induces NF-kappaB activation by an IkappaB kinase-independent mechanism involving phosphorylation of p65 by ribosomal S6 kinase 1Jan Bohuslav
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology and the Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 1234, USA
J Biol Chem 279:26115-25. 2004..expression stimulates the serine/threonine kinase ribosomal S6 kinase 1 (RSK1), which in turn phosphorylates the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB...
- A mutation in NFkB interacting protein 1 results in cardiomyopathy and abnormal skin development in wa3 miceBruce J Herron
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:667-77. 2005..A C-terminal fragment of this protein was previously identified as the RelA associated inhibitor (RAI)...
- Nuclear translocation of p65 NF-kappaB is sufficient for VCAM-1, but not ICAM-1, expression in TNF-stimulated smooth muscle cells: Differential requirement for PARP-1 expression and interactionMourad Zerfaoui
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Cell Signal 20:186-94. 2008..Here we show that while p65 NF-kappaB nuclear translocation in TNF-treated smooth muscle cells (SMCs) was sufficient for the expression of VCAM-..
- An atypical NF-kappa B-regulated pathway mediates phorbol ester-dependent heme oxygenase-1 gene activation in monocytesSrivatsava Naidu
Institute for Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
J Immunol 181:4113-23. 2008..This HO-kappaB element was a nuclear target for the NF-kappaB subunit p65/RelA as determined by nuclear binding assays and transfection experiments with luciferase reporter gene constructs in ..
- Angiotensin-(1-7) and the g protein-coupled receptor MAS are key players in renal inflammationVanesa Esteban
Cellular Biology in Renal Diseases Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e5406. 2009..Therefore, the blockade of the NF-kappaB-activating properties of the receptor Mas could be a new strategy in the therapy of failing kidney...
- Constitutive and inducible Rel/NF-kappa B activities in mouse thymus and spleenF Weih
Department of Molecular Biology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000
Oncogene 9:3289-97. 1994..Although RelB protein is present at significantly lower levels in thymus and spleen extracts when compared to RelA, in both tissues the predominant kappa B-binding activity consists of p50/RelB and p52/RelB heterodimers and only ..
- Dendritic cell development and survival require distinct NF-kappaB subunitsFateh Ouaaz
Columbia University, Department of Biological Sciences, 1110 Fairchild Center, 1212 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10027, USA
Immunity 16:257-70. 2002..Here, we have studied DCs from mice deficient in the p50, RelA, and cRel subunits of the immunomodulatory NF-kappaB transcription factor...
- RelA/p65 regulation of IkappaBbetaErin Hertlein
Human Cancer Genetics Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:4956-68. 2005..Here, we describe in detail the regulation of IkappaBbeta by RelA/p65...
- Protein kinase C zeta mediates cigarette smoke/aldehyde- and lipopolysaccharide-induced lung inflammation and histone modificationsHongwei Yao
Department of Environmental Medicine, Lung Biology and Disease Program, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 285:5405-16. 2010..The mechanism underlying these findings is associated with decreased RelA/p65 phosphorylation (Ser(311)) and translocation of the RelA/p65 subunit of NF-kappaB into the nucleus...
- Rel/NF-kappa B/I kappa B family: intimate tales of association and dissociationI M Verma
Laboratory of Genetics, Salk Institute, San Diego, California 92186 5800, USA
Genes Dev 9:2723-35. 1995
- NF-kappa B RelA-deficient lymphocytes: normal development of T cells and B cells, impaired production of IgA and IgG1 and reduced proliferative responsesT S Doi
Laboratory of Immunology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
J Exp Med 185:953-61. 1997To investigate the function of NF-kappa B RelA (p65), we generated mice deficient in this NF-kappa B family member by homologous recombination. Mice lacking RelA showed liver degeneration and died around embryonic day 14.5...
- Crystal structure of p50/p65 heterodimer of transcription factor NF-kappaB bound to DNAF E Chen
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0359, USA
Nature 391:410-3. 1998The NF-kappaB p50/p65 heterodimer is the classical member of the Rel family of transcription factors which regulate diverse cellular functions such as immune response, cell growth, and development...
- The crystal structure of the IkappaBalpha/NF-kappaB complex reveals mechanisms of NF-kappaB inactivationT Huxford
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0359, USA
Cell 95:759-70. 1998..The 2.3 A crystal structure of IkappaBalpha in complex with the NF-kappaB p50/p65 heterodimer reveals mechanisms of these inhibitory activities...
- Nuclear translocation of nuclear factor kappa B in early 1-cell mouse embryosA Nishikimi
Laboratory of Reproductive Physiology, Division of Applied Biosciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Biol Reprod 60:1536-41. 1999..In this study, we show that RelA, one of the subunits of NF-kappaB, is expressed in mouse eggs and embryos from the metaphase II (MII) oocyte to the ..
- Notch-1 regulates NF-kappaB activity in hemopoietic progenitor cellsP Cheng
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Immunol 167:4458-67. 2001..HPC from Notch-AS-Tg mice have decreased levels of several members of the NF-kappaB family, p65, p50, RelB, and c-Rel and this is due to down-regulation of the gene expression...
- c-Rel is required for chromatin remodeling across the IL-2 gene promoterSudha Rao
Division of Molecular Bioscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
J Immunol 170:3724-31. 2003..that IL-2 gene transcription in CD4(+) primary T cells is dependent on the NF-kappaB family member, c-Rel, but not RelA. We found that c-Rel is essential for global changes in chromatin structure across the 300-bp IL-2 promoter in ..
- Communication between NF-kappa B and Sp1 controls histone acetylation within the proximal promoter of the monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 geneGunther H Boekhoudt
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 170:4139-47. 2003..assays identified changes in response to TNF at both the proximal and distal regions that were dependent on the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB and Sp1...
- NF-kappaB activation in premalignant mouse tal-1/scl thymocytes and tumorsJennifer O'Neil
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, USA
Blood 102:2593-6. 2003..Moreover, nuclear p65/p50 heterodimers are detected in premalignant tal-1/scl and mut tal-1/scl thymocytes, suggesting that E2A depletion ..
- NF-kappa B functions in synaptic signaling and behaviorMollie K Meffert
Division of Biology, MC204 31 California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nat Neurosci 6:1072-8. 2003..The p65:p50 NF-kappa B form is selectively localized at synapses; p65-deficient mice have no detectable synaptic NF-kappa B...
- NF-kappaB mediates inhibition of mesenchymal cell differentiation through a posttranscriptional gene silencing mechanismRaquel Sitcheran
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Genes Dev 17:2368-73. 2003..Thus, in response to cytokine signaling, NF-kappaB modulates the differentiation of mesenchymal-derived cell lineages via RNA sequence-dependent, posttranscriptional down-regulation of key developmental regulators...
- Differential regulation of interleukin (IL)-12 p35 and p40 gene expression and interferon (IFN)-gamma-primed IL-12 production by IFN regulatory factor 1Jianguo Liu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 198:1265-76. 2003..Thus, IRF-1 acts as a critical component of IFN-gamma signaling in the selective activation of IL-12 p35 transcription in synergy with LPS-mediated events...
- Involvement of toll-like receptors 2 and 4 in cellular activation by high mobility group box 1 proteinJong Sung Park
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7370-7. 2004..Interactions of HMGB1 with TLR 2 and TLR 4 may provide an explanation for the ability of HMGB1 to generate inflammatory responses that are similar to those initiated by LPS...
- Unique CD40-mediated biological program in B cell activation requires both type 1 and type 2 NF-kappaB activation pathwaysBrian Zarnegar
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8108-13. 2004..Interestingly, significant CD40-induced B cell survival is still observed even in p50(-/-)c-Rel(-/-)p65(-/+) B cells, which is correlated with the ability of CD40L to up-regulate Bcl-x(L) expression in these cells...
- NOD2 is a negative regulator of Toll-like receptor 2-mediated T helper type 1 responsesTomohiro Watanabe
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Building 10 Room 11N238, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Immunol 5:800-8. 2004..Thus, CARD15 mutations may lead to disease by causing excessive T(H)1 responses...
- Regulation of Toll/IL-1-receptor-mediated gene expression by the inducible nuclear protein IkappaBzetaMasahiro Yamamoto
Department of Host Defense, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita Osaka, Japan
Nature 430:218-22. 2004....
- Efficient replication by herpes simplex virus type 1 involves activation of the IkappaB kinase-IkappaB-p65 pathwayD Gregory
Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7290, USA
J Virol 78:13582-90. 2004..Infected MEFs were assayed for virus yield, loss of IkappaBalpha, nuclear translocation of p65, and NFkappaB DNA-binding activity...
- Immune activation of type I IFNs by Listeria monocytogenes occurs independently of TLR4, TLR2, and receptor interacting protein 2 but involves TNFR-associated NF kappa B kinase-binding kinase 1Ryan M O'Connell
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, CA 90095, USA
J Immunol 174:1602-7. 2005..Additionally, we provide evidence that both the LM- and TLR-dependent pathways converge at TBK1 to activate type I IFNs, highlighting the central role of this molecule in modulating type I IFNs in host defense and disease...
- IRF-1 and NF-kappaB p50/cRel bind to distinct regions of the proximal murine IL-12 p35 promoter during costimulation with IFN-gamma and LPSJutta I Kollet
Department of Oral Biology and the Nebraska Center for Virology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Lincoln, NE 68583 0740, USA
Mol Immunol 43:623-33. 2006..Thus, cRel with IRF-1 induce p35 expression through a small region of the p35 exon 2 promoter during IFN-gamma and LPS costimulation of macrophages...
- Polyinosinic acid induces TNF and NO production as well as NF-kappaB and AP-1 transcriptional activation in the monocytemacrophage cell line RAW 264.7V M Campa
Instituto Universitario de Oncología del Principado de Asturias and Departamento de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular, Universidad de Oviedo, 33071 Oviedo, Spain
Inflamm Res 54:328-37. 2005..This study evaluates the poly inosinic acid (poly I)-induced activation in the murine monocytemacrophage cell line RAW 264.7, which led to an inflammatory phenotype...
- The role of NF-kappaB, IRF-1, and STAT-1alpha transcription factors in the iNOS gene induction by gliadin and IFN-gamma in RAW 264.7 macrophagesDaniela De Stefano
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Sperimentale, via D Montesano 49, University of Naples Federico II, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 84:65-74. 2006..7 cells can be ascribed to all three transcription factors, may contribute to lead to new insights into the molecular mechanisms governing the inflammatory process in celiac disease...
- Lack of essential role of NF-kappa B p50, RelA, and cRel subunits in virus-induced type 1 IFN expressionXingyu Wang
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Immunol 178:6770-6. 2007..expression was strongly induced following virus infection of mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs) from p50(-/-), RelA/p65(-/-), cRel(-/-), p50(-/-)cRel(-/-), and p50(-/-)RelA(-/-) mice...
- Induction of activator protein-1 and nuclear factor-kappaB as a prerequisite for disease development in susceptible SJL/J mice after theiler murine encephalomyelitisIngo Gerhauser
Department of Pathology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:809-18. 2007..The expression of activator protein-1 (c-fos and c-jun) and nuclear factor-kappaB (p50 and p65) genes, TME virus, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, and interferon-gamma was investigated in the spinal cord of TME ..
- Role of nuclear transcription factor kappa B (NF-kappaB) for MPTP (1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahyropyridine)-induced apoptosis in nigral neurons of miceEriko Aoki
Department of Neurobiology and Therapeutics, Graduate School and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Exp Mol Pathol 86:57-64. 2009..In this study, we investigated the time course changes of NF-kappaB (Nuclear factor kappa B) p65 protein and apoptosis in the substantia nigra after MPTP treatment in mice...
- Brd4 coactivates transcriptional activation of NF-kappaB via specific binding to acetylated RelABo Huang
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, MC 714, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:1375-87. 2009Acetylation of the RelA subunit of NF-kappaB, especially at lysine-310, is critical for the transcriptional activation of NF-kappaB and the expression of inflammatory genes...
- Gamma-linolenic acid inhibits inflammatory responses by regulating NF-kappaB and AP-1 activation in lipopolysaccharide-induced RAW 264.7 macrophagesCheng Sue Chang
Department of Neurology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua City, Changhua County, Taiwan
Inflammation 33:46-57. 2010..treatments dramatically inhibited LPS-induced IkappaB-alpha degradation, IkappaB-alpha phosphorylation, and nuclear p65 protein expression...
- Embryonic lethality and liver degeneration in mice lacking the RelA component of NF-kappa BA A Beg
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Nature 376:167-70. 1995NF-kappa B, which consists of two polypeptides, p50 (M(r) 50K) and p65/RelA (M(r) 65K), is thought to be a key regulator of genes involved in responses to infection, inflammation and stress...
- NF-kappa B: ten years afterP A Baeuerle
Tularik Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Cell 87:13-20. 1996
- A novel DNA recognition mode by the NF-kappa B p65 homodimerY Q Chen
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0359, USA
Nat Struct Biol 5:67-73. 1998The crystal structure of the NF-kappa B p65 (RelA) homodimer in complex with a DNA target has been determined to 2.4 A resolution. The two p65 subunits are not symmetrically disposed on the DNA target...
- An essential role for nuclear factor kappaB in promoting double positive thymocyte apoptosisT Hettmann
Departments of Medicine and Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Exp Med 189:145-58. 1999..In addition, NF-kappaB is required for the alpha-CD3-mediated apoptosis of DP thymocytes through a pathway that involves the regulation of the antiapoptotic gene, bcl-xL...
- The p65 subunit of NF-kappa B is redundant with p50 during B cell proliferative responses, and is required for germline CH transcription and class switching to IgG3B H Horwitz
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
J Immunol 162:1941-6. 1999..We generated small resting B cells lacking p65 or p50 alone, or lacking both p50 and p65, then evaluated the ability of these cells to proliferate, secrete Ig, ..
- Absence of tumor necrosis factor rescues RelA-deficient mice from embryonic lethalityT S Doi
Laboratory of Immunology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya 464, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:2994-9. 1999Mice lacking the RelA (p65) subunit of NF-kappaB die between days 14 and 15 of embryogenesis because of massive liver destruction...
- Limb and skin abnormalities in mice lacking IKKalphaK Takeda
Department of Biochemistry and Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Department of Pathology, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Science 284:313-6. 1999....
- Abnormal morphogenesis but intact IKK activation in mice lacking the IKKalpha subunit of IkappaB kinaseY Hu
Department of Pharmacology, Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0636, USA
Science 284:316-20. 1999..Instead, loss of IKKalpha interfered with multiple morphogenetic events, including limb and skeletal patterning and proliferation and differentiation of epidermal keratinocytes...
- The combined absence of the transcription factors Rel and RelA leads to multiple hemopoietic cell defectsM Grossmann
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:11848-53. 1999..Redundancy among these proteins prompted us to examine the role of Rel and RelA in hemopoiesis by using mice that lack both subunits. Because of the death of double-mutant fetuses at day 13...
- Genetic approaches in mice to understand Rel/NF-kappaB and IkappaB function: transgenics and knockoutsS Gerondakis
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Post Office, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Oncogene 18:6888-95. 1999..One exception is rela, which is essential for embryonic liver development...
- Targeted mutation of TNF receptor I rescues the RelA-deficient mouse and reveals a critical role for NF-kappa B in leukocyte recruitmentE Alcamo
Center for Cancer Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Immunol 167:1592-600. 2001..b>RelA-deficient mice die on embryonic day 15 from TNF-alpha-induced liver degeneration...
- c-Rel regulates interleukin 12 p70 expression in CD8(+) dendritic cells by specifically inducing p35 gene transcriptionR Grumont
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
J Exp Med 194:1021-32. 2001....
- The phosphorylation status of nuclear NF-kappa B determines its association with CBP/p300 or HDAC-1Haihong Zhong
Immunobiology Section and Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Cell 9:625-36. 2002..now demonstrate that transcriptionally inactive nuclear NF-kappaB in resting cells consists of homodimers of either p65 or p50 complexed with the histone deacetylase HDAC-1...
- X-ray crystal structure of an IkappaBbeta x NF-kappaB p65 homodimer complexShiva Malek
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0359, USA
J Biol Chem 278:23094-100. 2003We report the crystal structure of a murine IkappaBbeta x NF-kappaB p65 homodimer complex. Crystallographic models were determined for two triclinic crystalline systems and refined against data at 2.5 and 2.1 A...
- Essential role of RelA Ser311 phosphorylation by zetaPKC in NF-kappaB transcriptional activationAngeles Duran
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Canto Blanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 22:3910-8. 2003..zeta protein kinase C (PKC)-deficient cells, NF-kappaB is transcriptionally inactive and the phosphorylation of the RelA subunit in response to tumor necrosis factor (TNF-alpha) is severely impaired...
- Forebrain-specific neuronal inhibition of nuclear factor-kappaB activity leads to loss of neuroprotectionValérie Fridmacher
Unité de Biologie Moléculaire de l Expression Génique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 2582, Institut Pasteur, Paris Cedex 15, France
J Neurosci 23:9403-8. 2003..These data demonstrate for the first time that neuron-restricted ablation of NF-kappaB-driven gene expression increases neurodegeneration. This might lead to the path for new treatments of neurodegenerative diseases...
- NF-kappaB RelA opposes epidermal proliferation driven by TNFR1 and JNKJennifer Y Zhang
VA Palo Alto Healthcare System, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Genes Dev 18:17-22. 2004..Embryonic lethality of mice lacking NF-kappaB RelA has hindered efforts to address this. We therefore generated developmentally mature RelA(-/-) skin...
- Nucling mediates apoptosis by inhibiting expression of galectin-3 through interference with nuclear factor kappaB signallingLi Liu
The Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima, 770 8503, Japan
Biochem J 380:31-41. 2004..Nucling was shown to interfere with NF-kappaB activation via the nuclear translocation process of NF-kappaB/p65, thus inhibiting the expression of galectin-3...
- Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 tax induction of biologically Active NF-kappaB requires IkappaB kinase-1-mediated phosphorylation of RelA/p65ALISON M O'MAHONY
Gladstone Institute for Virology and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94141, USA
J Biol Chem 279:18137-45. 2004..the defect in NF-kappaB action in IKK1(-/-) cells correlated with a failure of Tax to induce phosphorylation of the RelA/p65 subunit of NF-kappaB at Ser(529) and Ser(536)...
- Active repression of antiapoptotic gene expression by RelA(p65) NF-kappa BKirsteen J Campbell
School of Life Sciences, Division of Gene Regulation and Expression, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 13:853-65. 2004..Surprisingly, these effects are mediated by the RelA(p65) NF-kappa B subunit...
- The transcription factors c-rel and RelA control epidermal development and homeostasis in embryonic and adult skin via distinct mechanismsRaffi Gugasyan
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 24:5733-45. 2004..has been limited by redundancy among these proteins and by embryonic lethality associated with the absence of RelA. Using mice lacking RelA and c-rel, which survive throughout embryogenesis on a tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-..
- cis-acting, element-specific transcriptional activity of differentially phosphorylated nuclear factor-kappa BJosef Anrather
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 280:244-52. 2005..b>RelA(-/-) mouse embryonic fibroblasts reconstituted with wild-type p65 or p65 phosphorylation-deficient mutants showed a ..
- Signaling via NF-kappaB in the nervous systemBarbara Kaltschmidt
Institut für Neurobiochemie Universität Witten Herdecke, Stockumer Street 10, D 58448 Witten, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1745:287-99. 2005..A model is proposed explaining this paradox as deregulated physiological NF-kappaB activity, where novel results are integrated, showing that p65 could be turned from an activator to a repressor of anti-apoptotic genes.
- IKKbeta phosphorylates p65 at S468 in transactivaton domain 2Robert F Schwabe
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
FASEB J 19:1758-60. 2005The transcription factor nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) subunit p65 is phosphorylated by IkappaB kinase (IKK) at S536 in transactivation domain (TAD) 1. In this study, we investigate the presence of IKK sites in TAD2 of p65...
- Bim and Noxa are candidates to mediate the deleterious effect of the NF-kappa B subunit RelA in cerebral ischemiaIoana Inta
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 26:12896-903. 2006..focal cerebral ischemia in mice with a germline deletion of the p52 or c-Rel gene or with a conditional deletion of RelA in the brain. Only RelA deficiency reduced infarct size...
- A fourth IkappaB protein within the NF-kappaB signaling moduleSoumen Basak
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 128:369-81. 2007Inflammatory NF-kappaB/RelA activation is mediated by the three canonical inhibitors, IkappaBalpha, -beta, and -epsilon...
- Distinct roles of different NF-kappa B subunits in regulating inflammatory and T cell stimulatory gene expression in dendritic cellsJunmei Wang
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Immunol 178:6777-88. 2007..g., TNF-alpha, IL-1alpha, and IL-6). In striking contrast, the RelA subunit was crucial for expression of inflammatory cytokine genes but not T cell stimulatory genes...
- Pancreas-specific RelA/p65 truncation increases susceptibility of acini to inflammation-associated cell death following cerulein pancreatitisHana Algül
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Clin Invest 117:1490-501. 2007..Here we studied the role of RelA/p65, the main transactivating subunit, during acute pancreatitis using a Cre-loxP strategy...
- Promoter-dependent effect of IKKalpha on NF-kappaB/p65 DNA bindingGeoffrey Gloire
GIGA Research, Virology Immunology, and Medical Chemistry Units, University of Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Biol Chem 282:21308-18. 2007..and reexpressing IKKalpha after retroviral transduction, we demonstrate that IKKalpha contributes to NF-kappaB/p65 DNA binding activity on an exogenous kappaB element and on some, but not all, endogenous NF-kappaB-target promoters...
- Genetic inactivation of RelA/p65 sensitizes adult mouse hepatocytes to TNF-induced apoptosis in vivo and in vitroFabian Geisler
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich
Gastroenterology 132:2489-503. 2007..response to tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha during development because mice deficient for the NF-kappaB subunit RelA/p65 die in utero because of TNF-induced liver apoptosis...
- Crosstalk between keratinocytes and adaptive immune cells in an IkappaBalpha protein-mediated inflammatory disease of the skinBernd Rebholz
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Frauenlobstrasse 9 11, D 80337 Munich, Germany
Immunity 27:296-307. 2007..Targeted deletion of RelA from epidermal keratinocytes completely rescued the inflammatory skin phenotype of Ikba(Delta)(/Delta) mice...
- A cell cycle regulatory network controlling NF-kappaB subunit activity and functionBenjamin Barré
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK
EMBO J 26:4841-55. 2007..subunits to the Cyclin D1, c-Myc and Skp2 promoters is dynamic with distinct changes in promoter occupancy and RelA(p65) phosphorylation occurring through G1, S and G2 phases, concomitant with a switch from coactivator to ..
- Functional relevance of novel p300-mediated lysine 314 and 315 acetylation of RelA/p65Christine Buerki
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 36:1665-80. 2008..We show here in vitro and in vivo acetylation of RelA/p65 by p300 on lysine 314 and 315, two novel acetylation sites...
- IKK/NF-kappaB regulates skeletal myogenesis via a signaling switch to inhibit differentiation and promote mitochondrial biogenesisNadine Bakkar
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Cell Biol 180:787-802. 2008..We find that myogenesis is enhanced in MyoD-expressing fibroblasts deficient in classical pathway components RelA/p65, inhibitor of kappaB kinase beta (IKKbeta), or IKKgamma...
- p53 regulates glucose metabolism through an IKK-NF-kappaB pathway and inhibits cell transformationKeiko Kawauchi
Department of Molecular Oncology, Institute of Gerontology, Nippon Medical School, Kosugi cho 1 396, Nakahara ku, Kawasaki shi, Kanagawa 211 8533, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 10:611-8. 2008..cell transformation and acceleration of aerobic glycolysis in p53-deficient cells were suppressed in the absence of p65/NF-kappaB expression, and were restored by GLUT3 expression...
- Repression of gene expression by unphosphorylated NF-kappaB p65 through epigenetic mechanismsJie Dong
Department of Immunobiology and Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Genes Dev 22:1159-73. 2008Cells from a "knock-in" mouse expressing a NF-kappaB p65 mutant bearing an alanine instead of serine at position 276 (S276A) display a significant reduction of NF-kappaB-dependent transcription, even though the mutant p65 forms ..
- Coactivator function of RIP140 for NFkappaB/RelA-dependent cytokine gene expressionInka Zschiedrich
Emmy Noether and Marie Curie Research Group Molecular Metabolic Control, German Cancer Research Center Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Blood 112:264-76. 2008..for cytokine gene promoter activity relies on direct protein-protein interactions with the NFkappaB subunit RelA and histone acetylase cAMP-responsive element binding protein (CREB)-binding protein (CBP)...
- IKK1 and IKK2 cooperate to maintain bile duct integrity in the liverTom Luedde
Institute for Genetics, Centre for Molecular Medicine CMMC, and Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging associated Diseases CECAD, University of Cologne, Zulpicher Strasse 47, 50674 Cologne, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9733-8. 2008..These results reveal a novel function of the two IkappaB kinases in cooperatively regulating liver immune homeostasis and bile duct integrity and suggest that IKK signaling may be implicated in human biliary diseases...
- GFP-p65 knock-in mice as a tool to study NF-kappaB dynamics in vivoRossana De Lorenzi
Institute for Genetics, Centre for Molecular Medicine, and Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging Associated Diseases, University of Cologne, Germany
Genesis 47:323-9. 2009..we generated knock-in mice expressing a fusion protein between the green fluorescent protein (GFP) and the p65/RelA NF-kappaB subunit (GFP-p65) from the endogenous p65 genomic locus...
- Phosphorylation of NF-kappaB p65 at Ser468 controls its COMMD1-dependent ubiquitination and target gene-specific proteasomal eliminationHui Geng
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Friedrichstrasse 24, Justus Liebig University, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
EMBO Rep 10:381-6. 2009..phosphorylation/ubiquitination switch in the NF-kappaB network that controls the stability of the transactivating p65 subunit...
- Two modes of transcriptional activation at native promoters by NF-kappaB p65Dominic van Essen
Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany
PLoS Biol 7:e73. 2009..To dissect NF-kappaB-driven transcription at native promoters, we disrupted the interaction between NF-kappaB p65 and the Mediator complex...
- PPARgamma inhibits NF-kappaB-dependent transcriptional activation in skeletal muscleA H V Remels
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Maastricht University, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E174-83. 2009..in cultured myotubes revealed that the anti-inflammatory effect of PPARgamma activation is not due to decreased RelA translocation to the nucleus or reduced RelA DNA binding...
- Divergent roles of RelA and c-Rel in establishing chromosomal loops upon activation of the Igkappa geneZhe Liu
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 183:3819-30. 2009..utilizes three distal enhancers and requires the transcription factor NF-kappaB, whose family members include RelA and c-Rel...
- c-Rel is required for the development of thymic Foxp3+ CD4 regulatory T cellsIwao Isomura
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
J Exp Med 206:3001-14. 2009..Collectively, our results indicate that c-Rel is important for both the thymic development and peripheral homeostatic proliferation of T reg cells...
- Thr435 phosphorylation regulates RelA (p65) NF-kappaB subunit transactivationJohn M O'Shea
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Biochem J 426:345-54. 2010Phosphorylation of the RelA (p65) NF-kappaB (nuclear factor kappaB) subunit has been previously shown to modulate its ability to induce or repress transcription...
- Activation of p73 and induction of Noxa by DNA damage requires NF-kappa BAngel G Martin
Apoptosis Section, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Aging (Albany NY) 1:335-49. 2009..Here we investigate this mechanism and show that in transformed MEFs lacking NF-kappaB (p65-null cells) genotoxin-induced cytochrome c release is compromised...
- Requirement of the NF-kappaB subunit p65/RelA for K-Ras-induced lung tumorigenesisDaniela S Bassères
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Cancer Res 70:3537-46. 2010..where activation of oncogenic K-Ras in lung cells was coupled with inactivation of the NF-kappaB subunit p65/RelA. In this model, deletion of p65/RelA reduces the number of K-Ras-induced lung tumors both in the presence and in ..
- Specification of the NF-kappaB transcriptional response by p65 phosphorylation and TNF-induced nuclear translocation of IKK epsilonRita Moreno
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Friedrichstrasse 24, Justus Liebig University, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:6029-44. 2010..we investigated the regulation of NF-κB activity by post-translational modifications upon reconstitution of NF-κB p65-deficient cells with the wild-type protein or phosphorylation-defect mutants...
- Constitutively active NF-kappaB triggers systemic TNFalpha-dependent inflammation and localized TNFalpha-independent inflammatory diseaseJie Dong
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Genes Dev 24:1709-17. 2010..of NF-kappaB in inflammation, we created a knock-in mouse that expresses a constitutively active form of NF-kappaB p65 dimers...
- Recruitment of RelB to the Csf2 promoter enhances RelA-mediated transcription of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factorCarl Y Sasaki
Laboratory of Immunology, NIA, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Biol Chem 286:1093-102. 2011..The LTβ priming process was not due to an increase in TNF-mediated nuclear translocation of p65, p65 DNA binding, or NF-κB transactivational activity...
- Earliest innate immune responses require macrophage RelA during pneumococcal pneumoniaLynnelle A Pittet
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 E Concord St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:573-81. 2011..The NF-κB protein RelA is critical for pulmonary host defense during Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumonia, but the cell-specific roles of ..
- NF-κB- and AP-1-mediated DNA looping regulates osteopontin transcription in endotoxin-stimulated murine macrophagesWei Zhao
Key Laboratory for Experimental Teratology of the Ministry of Education, Shandong University Medical School, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
J Immunol 186:3173-9. 2011..role of NF-κB and AP-1 in LPS-stimulated DNA looping was confirmed, as small interfering RNA knock-down of NF-κB p65 and AP-1 c-Jun exhibited decreased levels of DNA looping...
- The acetylation of RelA in Lys310 dictates the NF-κB-dependent response in post-ischemic injuryA Lanzillotta
Division of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnologies, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Istituto Nazionale di Neuroscienze Brescia, Italy
Cell Death Dis 1:e96. 2010The activation of nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB) p50/RelA is a key event in ischemic neuronal injury, as well as in brain ischemic tolerance...
- NF-κB controls energy homeostasis and metabolic adaptation by upregulating mitochondrial respirationClaudio Mauro
Section of Inflammation and Signal Transduction, Department of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Nat Cell Biol 13:1272-9. 2011..Our findings identify NF-κB as a physiological regulator of mitochondrial respiration and establish a role for NF-κB in metabolic adaptation in normal cells and cancer...
- Hepatocyte-specific mutation of both NF-κB RelA and STAT3 abrogates the acute phase response in miceLee J Quinton
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 122:1758-63. 2012..Here, we report that the elimination in mice of both NF-κB p65 (RelA) and STAT3, but neither alone, abrogated all acute phase responses measured...
- Rel A/p65 is required for cytokine-induced myotube atrophyTakuo Yamaki
Department of Health Sciences, Boston University, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 303:C135-42. 2012..In this study, we found that the prototypical NF-κB transcription factor, Rel A (p65), is required for NF-κB activation in C2C12 and L6 myotubes due to treatment with exogenous TNF-α, IL-1α, IL-1β,..
- Regulation of 11β-HSD1 expression during adipose tissue expansion by hypoxia through different activities of NF-κB and HIF-1αJong Han Lee
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E1035-41. 2013..11β-HSD1 expression was elevated by NF-κB in epididymal fat of aP2-p65 mice...
- Chromatin-bound IκBα regulates a subset of polycomb target genes in differentiation and cancerMaria Carmen Mulero
Program in Cancer Research, Institut Hospital del Mar d Investigacions Mèdiques IMIM, Barcelona 08003, Spain
Cancer Cell 24:151-66. 2013..Accumulation of cytoplasmic IκBα was found in squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) associated with IKK activation and HOX upregulation...
- CD80 binding peptides as therapeutic agents in arthritisMythily Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microecology-murine gut-initiation & progression of IBDJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2005..prior and subsequent to oral vaccination with Helicobacter spp. antigens and mucosal adjuvants, elucidate how these vaccine strategies influence microflora dynamics and impact gut cytokine responses. ..
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- REGULATION OF CYTOKINE GENES IN MUCOSAL VIRAL INFECTIONAllan Brasier; Fiscal Year: 2006..Expression of dominant-negative NF-KB and CBP/p300 coactivators will be used to determine their effect on coactivator recruitment. These studies will identify signaling mechanisms and protein interactions in viral-induced inflammation. ..
- Mechanisms for Hormone-Dependent NF-kB ActivationAllan Brasier; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will identify new therapeutic targets that can disrupt the vicious cycle of inflammation and atherosclerosis. ..
- Complement Activation and Renal Ischemia/Reperfusion InjuryJOSHUA THURMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HUS Pathogenesis & clinical Outcome in an in vivo modelJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will use this model to study the pathogenesis of HUS and importantly to develop therapeutic regimens to prevent and treat EHEC disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IN VIVO PATHOGENESIS OF HELICOBACTER PYLORIJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..pylori pathogenesis and specifically evaluate the role of regulatory T cells in limiting H. pylori-induced gastric pathology. ..
- Helicobacter induced hepatitis and tumorigenesisJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..A more complete understanding of the etiopathogenesis of hepatobiliary disease and hepatocellular carcinoma is likely to result in new strategies for treatment and prevention of these important human diseases. ..
- Complement and Ischemic Acute Renal FailureJOSHUA THURMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The purpose of these studies is to ameliorate ischemic ARF by blocking these pathogenic events, and to develop strategies for decreasing the morbidity and mortality associated with ischemic ARF in humans. ..